Old 03-23-2010, 07:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/225/175

Height: 5 feet 8 inches

Question Nervous about Doctor Appointment Today

This post is kind of long and not really weight-related, but I felt I needed to vent my worries.

I have severe, chronic asthma and take lots of medications. At my last visit, my pulmonary doctor said he'd like to do some further testing, including a CT scan, a breathing test (I've had these many times before) and possibly schedule a bronchoscopy to figure out why I'm not breathing better with all the medication I take. Today I see him for a review of the tests.

I'm not really expecting any big news. I know my body pretty well, and I don't think anything's changed much, breathing-wise. But here's the weird part-I'm almost wishing he'd find something new that's wrong with me, so that there would be a new type of treatment! I'm embarrassed to say this, but it's how I FEEL. I've been told that the meds I'm taking are all that are available-the best, newest, out there. I trust my doc's opinion-he's not the first I've been to.

I've been waiting for/dreading/anticipating these test results for a few weeks now.

Any thoughts or advice out there? Thanks
Mary49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:06 AM   #2  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

No advice but hugs . Keeping my fingers crossed for good news and a simple way to handle this.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I think you are having a normal concern after dealing with this for so long. Good luck with your tests.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:42 PM   #4  

Thanks so much to both of you ladies!-I'm on my way out the door, to go to my appointments.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:45 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

good luck, let us know what happens!
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:58 PM   #6  
Now Mom to 5

S/C/G: 250/ticker/170

Height: 5' 5"

I think your feeling are perfectly normal. I hope all goes well at your appointment.
MomtoThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:52 PM   #7  

Well, the good news is: my CT scan didn't show any abnormality in my lungs! The bad news: my breathing is still lousy, but it's just my particular brand of hard-to-treat asthma.

I was kinda hoping there would be an "Aha!" moment, when the doctor would exclaim, "Oh, now I see what's wrong..." and it would be something that could be treated and cured. As it is, it's the same old, same old...except my meds aren't working as well as they were before. I did get a new inhaler, to replace the Advair inhaler I've been taking for a few years. Maybe it'll help-I hope.

The really good news is that after being disappointed with the news today,and after having a frustrating day in general, I did NOT eat any junk food while I was alone in the car to make myself 'feel better.' Instead, I just felt my feelings and made it through the day