100 lb. Club - Nervous about Doctor Appointment Today

Mary49
03-23-2010, 08:20 AM
This post is kind of long and not really weight-related, but I felt I needed to vent my worries.

I have severe, chronic asthma and take lots of medications. At my last visit, my pulmonary doctor said he'd like to do some further testing, including a CT scan, a breathing test (I've had these many times before) and possibly schedule a bronchoscopy to figure out why I'm not breathing better with all the medication I take. Today I see him for a review of the tests.

I'm not really expecting any big news. I know my body pretty well, and I don't think anything's changed much, breathing-wise. But here's the weird part-I'm almost wishing he'd find something new that's wrong with me, so that there would be a new type of treatment! I'm embarrassed to say this, but it's how I FEEL. I've been told that the meds I'm taking are all that are available-the best, newest, out there. I trust my doc's opinion-he's not the first I've been to.

I've been waiting for/dreading/anticipating these test results for a few weeks now.

Any thoughts or advice out there? Thanks :^:

time2lose
03-23-2010, 09:06 AM
No advice but hugs :hug:. Keeping my fingers crossed for good news and a simple way to handle this.

bargoo
03-23-2010, 10:01 AM
I think you are having a normal concern after dealing with this for so long. Good luck with your tests.

Mary49
03-23-2010, 01:42 PM
Thanks so much to both of you ladies!-I'm on my way out the door, to go to my appointments.

PeanutsMom704
03-23-2010, 01:45 PM
good luck, let us know what happens!

MomtoThree
03-23-2010, 02:58 PM
I think your feeling are perfectly normal. I hope all goes well at your appointment.

Mary49
03-23-2010, 09:52 PM
Well, the good news is: my CT scan didn't show any abnormality in my lungs! The bad news: my breathing is still lousy, but it's just my particular brand of hard-to-treat asthma.

I was kinda hoping there would be an "Aha!" moment, when the doctor would exclaim, "Oh, now I see what's wrong..." and it would be something that could be treated and cured. As it is, it's the same old, same old...except my meds aren't working as well as they were before. I did get a new inhaler, to replace the Advair inhaler I've been taking for a few years. Maybe it'll help-I hope.

The really good news is that after being disappointed with the news today,and after having a frustrating day in general, I did NOT eat any junk food while I was alone in the car to make myself 'feel better.' Instead, I just felt my feelings and made it through the day :carrot: