Simply Filling/Core - Weekly chat - March 22 to March 28th.

blessedwithsarah
03-22-2010, 08:18 AM
New pages.

blessedwithsarah
03-22-2010, 08:19 AM
Hi everyone. Just a quick stop by, thought I'd start off the week. The sandwich thins are 1 point. One thing I did a while ago was comment on how great they are to the company on their site. They sent me several $1 off coupons. When they are on sale, I can find them for about $2.50, so the $1 off helps.

BBL

Vickie
03-22-2010, 11:24 AM
I'm off to Jenny and then a MILLION errands. Be well.

beach bum
03-22-2010, 11:30 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Looks like our nice weather is gone for a couple of day the rain is coming in.Got the chance to walk along the beach for 45 mins with my friends.Now today its back to my stationary bike.

Oh I got on the scale this morning and I lost another pound !!!WoooHoooo!!!! that's 2.5 lbs lost this mouth,but since Nov lost 5-lbs. I have one more to go,from the Grieving Gain. Now I have to work on getting out of the 170's once and for all.

PAULA-Thanks for the new pages.You and the ladies are correct They are 1 Pt. See i been off of the point system for a long time I just thought they were 2 for 100c thinking 1pts=50c. Sorry for my mistake and pointing that out to me.

Have to go and get started on today errands.

Vickie
03-22-2010, 01:40 PM
Tee hee, Mary Ann! I always recalculate everything to maximize my volume!

Jenny said I lost a pound. One of scales are off.

blessedwithsarah
03-22-2010, 01:45 PM
Vickie -- just noticed your new ticker with a new chickie! Congrats. Think I missed that for a while. WOW - 45 pds. AWESOME!

Vickie
03-22-2010, 01:54 PM
Thanks so much, Paula! I'm a plodding turtle but I intend to cross the finish line at some point. 50 pounds is close enough for me to sniff now.

sloanie
03-22-2010, 05:59 PM
Hey chickies, I'm off to Bible study tonight. I'll check in when I get home. TTFN

ontarget
03-23-2010, 12:02 AM
Maryann, we're each entitled to one mistake per year. I made mine January 1. Now I'm having to be careful. :lol:

Vickie, :woohoo: you're doing great!! I'd love to be a turtle instead of that crab that goes backwards. :lol:

Paula, thank you for the new pages.

Rhonda e'd me today. She's now in D. C. but is about to head home. She said to tell all of you she's waving at you.

I am still op. Life is good.

sloanie
03-23-2010, 12:07 AM
Hey chicks, I'm back from Bible study, and it's late! I'm thinking about all of you! Have a good night, chicks :goodvibes

Vickie
03-23-2010, 09:03 AM
Sandra, you'll recover. I know you will. You're strong. I called my GF from WW a few weeks ago. She had been offprogram for a couple of months. She gained 4 pounds but is now back with WW. She said she went back because she didn't want to tell me that she stopped. I felt honored.

Sloan, I hope you prayed for all of us!

Today I have the foot doctor and birthday present shopping for my Niece and her two daughters. Ugh. Then I have to take Jim for some clothes. We ran around a ton yesterday. We even went to Fashion Bug after dinner. I have to get on the stick because I am in between sizes. I must get down to the next size. 50 pounds, here I come. I'm guessing it will take 10 pounds to get down to the next size. When you are as big as I am, 15 pounds does not bring one down a size.

Hi Rhonda! We miss you.:wave:

beach bum
03-23-2010, 11:28 AM

Had a bad night again,and the down pouring of rain on the sky lites didn't help matters either.So its going to be another day that I can't walk along the beach.

Have a doctors appointment this afternoon and it couldn't come sooner.My poor arm and shoulder are aching with all the dampness in the air.

Sorry for being so down today,hope I get out of this mood quickly.

VICKIE-I guess looking at the calorie count was enough for me to calculate 2 instead of 1 pt. I sure you lost the 1 lb and you're really doing terrific on your JC program 45 lbs is nothing to sneeze at and your be over the 50 lb mark very soon.

SANDRA-Thank for letting me having one mistake.

Have to go, will be back later

ontarget
03-23-2010, 01:59 PM
Maryann, since you're such a wonderful person, you can have another mistake. (just kidding about mistakes, but you know that already) I'm sorry you're in pain. I hope your doctor can help you feel better.

Vickie, that's a great NSV and what an honor. Now for a secret. You inspire me, too. :hug:

Rhonda, you've been gone long enough. It's time you got back here.

The water folks are working outside so we're out of water for a bit. Sounds like a good excuse not to cook to me.

beach bum
03-23-2010, 05:41 PM
Just came home from the orthopedic doctor and he says I have rotary cuff tendinitis,he gave a cortisone shot in my left shoulder and I have to start physical therapy starting tomorrow.A follow up is in 6 weeks If it doesn't heal I have to go for a MRI.

Thought that might be the case.Oh well!!! At least its going to be taken care of.

Have to go,and start my supper have a great evening

sloanie
03-23-2010, 09:15 PM
Hey chicks, it's been a quiet day here. Now DH and I are taking the day off to rest. We are just chillin' on the couch tonight. We are both soooooo tired! It's better to rest and be patient than it is to finish quickly and be too sick to enjoy all of our hard work.

Maryann, I'm sorry to hear about your tendonitis, but glad your doc is on top of it. Did he suggest heat or ice? Maybe one of those would be soothing.

Sandra, we were out of water today, too. DH worked on a bathroom faucet, but it is done now and the water is back on. I hope you water is back on, too.

Vickie, it's the pits being in between sizes. If you sew, you could take up a few things to wear until you get down to the next size. I sometimes take up the fullness in pants by seaming down the sides, and I don't even trim the excess. That usually helps a lot. If you don't sew, maybe you could find someone who could help with altering.

I'm still hangin' at 135 but have not been too strict with eating. I'm getting excited about summer break, so hopefully I'll get motivated to get off these five other pounds before we get out the pool. I've been eating Lean Cuisine Spa Cuisine dishes for lunch. They are really good and contain all core foods (except for the sauce). They have around 12 grams of protein and whole grain, so they are really filling. I've gotta get off here so I can focus on watching "Lost". I'll check in later.

Tejas
03-23-2010, 10:43 PM
:wave:

Hi:

I'm home, and glad to be here. I had a wonderful trip to NYC and Washington. Visited friends and family, went to Central Park and 2 museums, then off to DC to see the National Portrait Gallery and do more visiting.

I was doing well with not gaining weight but I think tomorrow might be a surprise for me. I feel like I've put on a few pounds. But, I'm taking it right back OFF, immediately. It's tough when traveling to watch the diet carefully. But, I avoided bread, cream sauces, etc. and didn't drink much alcohol. I did a LOT of walking and even went to the exercise room in my niece's condo building. I did the bike, the elliptical and did some weights.

Tonight, I'll walk the dog and collapse. Off to aquafit in the morning and Torture Todd in the afternoon.

Rhonda

ontarget
03-23-2010, 11:55 PM
Maryann, no wonder you were having pain. I'm glad you're going to get some help.

Sloan, we were without water about an hour, but it was all right. We drove in to Subway. Your TV dinners sound better than the ones I've been eating. I'll check yours out tomorrow while I'm at the store.

nancy237
03-24-2010, 01:15 AM
I have tried a few of the new kaishi frozen entrees and they are really good...
Tonight I have black bean with mango over barley I think...

Hubby is all discouraged because the scales jumped up 3 pounds tonight.
I tried to tell him that he stayed on his diet so it has to be the scales or just water.. he has been so good , lost almost 35 pounds and I hate to see him bummed because the scales are flakey.

beach bum
03-24-2010, 10:07 AM

Going to make this short as I have my first PT meeting in 15 mins.Hope they will give me some exercises that will help my shoulder to return to normal.After that I going out to get my last items for my trip to NY. Real boring day.

SLOAN-After the cortisone shot he told me to use an anti inflammatory drug and than with the physical therapy treatment for 2=4 weeks should help my shoulder area.Ice & Heat didn't help when I was doing it on my own

SANDRA-Thanks, hope that I will be Ok when I go down to NY this Monday.Don't want a re occurrence.

Have to go,will be back later

ontarget
03-24-2010, 05:07 PM
Rhonda, I just now saw your post. I'm glad you had a good time but am even happier that you're home. How did you hole up with Torture Todd today? All I've done is fling a few arrows and walk back and forth to the target. (Some days that's as good as it gets.)

Nancy, tell dh to hang in there. The scales will start moving the right direction if he just keeps on keepin on.

Maryann, sometimes boring days are good. I went for another reflexology treatment this morning, and my feet are now really sore. She had to do a lot of work on them--especially the right one.

sloanie
03-24-2010, 10:49 PM
Welcome home Rhonda, I'm glad you had a good time, and I hope Torture Todd went easy on you!

Sandra, have you checked out the spa cuisines? I had one today with whole wheat noodles, snap peas, carrots, chicken, and peanut sauce! yummy :D

Nancy, tell Robin we are pullin' for him. I agree with you that the gain must surely be water. Maybe he needs to drink more water for a few days. How are you?

Maryann, how was PT today?

Hey Vickie!

I had a really good day with eating until DH and I had mexican. I'm sure I went over my calorie allowance, and I know I did not eat all core foods. Oh well, tomorrow is another day! We are not working again today, but we did go to Home Depot for more supplies. We are still pretty tired, so we are resting again. Only one more coat of paint, some floor repairs, then new floors! I've got to get off here 'cause I'm getting sleepy. I'll see y'all tomorrow!

Tejas
03-24-2010, 11:30 PM
I joined you, Sloan, in having Mexican food. But, it was just three small chicken tacos, corn tortillas. We won't count the grease!

Torture Todd did not go easy on me. I almost fell over backwards after doing 30 squats with a 30 pound barbell on my neck. Thank goodness he was behind me. He made me do 30 more. Did I ever tell you that he is one tough dude? I love this stuff, really. :lol:

Tomorrow the painters come to start the kitchen. We've had to empty the cabinets, and I just got here! :tantrum: What a mess, but I'll be glad when it's over.

Nancy, tell you DH that we feel his pain :rofl:

My poor DH. His sinuses are still killing him. More meds for him.

My scales were friendlier than I thought they'd be. I put only about one pound. Todd said to call it "muscle"! Good advice.

I'm tired, ya'll...going to bed!

Rhonda

nancy237
03-25-2010, 01:04 AM
Thanks everyone.. DH was back down to his weight before the scale jumped
today... He wants to eat out for lunch when he hits 235.. Maybe tomorrow..

I have plans tomorrow with my cousin for the first time in weeks and he
told me if he hit 235 he was eating out for lunch alone... I think he is kidding but who knows??

I am loving the new kaishi frozen dinners... Whole grain + lots of
veggies + fiber... yummy..Tonights was 280 calories...

My wonderful elderly dog is having a hard week and on Monday I thought she may have to be put to sleep.. I was a wreck.. She is slightly better now but
it won't be that long as she has a lot of knee & joint problems. I canceled
plans with a friend Tuesday to hang out with my dog.LOL..hey if they don't understand , that is not my problem..

Take care everyone....

Vickie
03-25-2010, 11:40 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I am SOOOOOO busy. Thank goodness I'm retired. I will exercise today but I have errands and have to go pick my new glass frames today. That usually takes a couple of hours! Then dinner out.

BTW, it's official. The Scottie Breeder is letting us adopt our first choice puppy. He had been known as green boy, but he is now known as our Son Brodie! We don't know when he will be coming home but it will be around April 10. So I'm going crazy doing all my shopping and ordering that I forced myself to wait to do until we got the official word.

I'm trying to drink my water but have fallen out of love with it again this morning.

Welcome, home Rhonda. You sound so happy. Don't let Todd torture you too much.

Sandra, I'm glad you're back to flinging arrows. I know it's something you enjoy.

Nancy, I think Jim is around the same weight right now as Robin. He's been struggling a bit too. Must be the number. I haven't tried the Kashi in a long time. Maybe I'll give them a try again.

Mary Ann, good luck to you with the shot and the therapy. Jim has had 3 shots, an MRI, and two surgeries by two different doctors for the same issue. I feel so sorry for him. He doesn't complain much but I know it hurts him all the time. He got some relief but not much.

Angela, how's it going? You must be ready for baby boy to be here.

Sloan, you are working so hard. Your room is just going to be beautiful. I hope you share some more pictures when you are done.

Paula, what's new with you?

I'm thinking more and more about WW and cooking. I'm craving my Core Chicken Cacciatore and my Chili. It's nearly time for me to sit down with recipes and trying to figure out points, calories, and all other nutritional information. I dread it but I think it is the way to go.

I'll be back tomorrow before Jim's Dr. appointment to say hello!

Vickie
03-25-2010, 11:45 AM
Nancy, I'm really sorry about your pup. I hope it ends up being nothing serious. I would do exactly what you are doing and in fact, I have. When we realized that our Cassie, just shy of 7 years old was dying, we closed our doors and it was all about her. I think I'm still grieving a bit in my heart even though she will be gone a year in May. I cried a ton in the beginning and then a lot off and on for a couple of months. She was my heart dog.

I feel a wee bit guilty about planning to love Brodie.

ontarget
03-25-2010, 09:11 PM
Nancy, I'm sorry about your puppy. And as to your dh? What is he wanting to go eat? Curtis and I might join him. We're so tired of the same old same old.

I have fallen off the wagon--again. I don't know how ya'll put up with me.

Rhonda, muscle sounds good. You amaze me, woman!

Sloan, Mexican food sounds good. I need something that I can think of as a treat. Maybe then I'll get back op. And maybe not.

nancy237
03-25-2010, 10:05 PM
Hubby was 134 this am .

I went to lunch with my cousin and then
went to eat seafood with hubby tonight..

Thanks for the well wishes for by Skipper.
She is getting around at the moment , all we can do is enjoy
her is this final season of her life. When the time comes
we will have to be brave for her.

sloanie
03-25-2010, 11:29 PM
Hey chickies, I painted again tonight! We only have touch up to do now :carrot: Now we need to clean out all of the construction supplies and tools, paint the trim, and repair an area in the floor before calling the carpet guys. Tomorrow we have a field trip at school, and I have a sub so I can leave at 1:30 after we get back to the school. My dad has chemo tomorrow, so I'll be checking in on him in the afternoon. On Saturday, my Bible study group will be meeting for lunch, and I plan to go as long as my mom does not need help with my dad. I guess I'll try to fit in some remodeling chores if I have time.

Sandra, that wagon is bumpy sometimes, and it's really hard to hold on! Just come on back up here, and we'll try to keep each other from falling off too often.

Maryann, how's your shoulder?

Vickie, I can't wait to see pics of you little man!

Nancy, I'm happy for Robin and glad to hear that your dog is better. I really dread the time when my little Pippi gets old, and we have to make hard decisions.

Rhonda, can you walk today or did Torture Todd disable you?

Hey Angela, are you okay?

I'll try to check back tomorrow if everything goes okay with my dad. TTFN

aghiowa
03-26-2010, 12:31 AM
I'm still here...busy, it's Spring Break for the kiddos. Going to bed now, but will write more in the morning.

Vickie, be sure to post pics of your little guy as soon as you get him! And, I'll do the same with mine. :lol:

Angela

Vickie
03-26-2010, 05:09 AM
Hey Chicks! Here I am up in the middle of the night. I'm surfing and shopping for me and Brodie. I ate a steak tonight at dinner and it is NOT agreeing with me. I have the most awful stomach pains you can imagine. I've already taken 4 extra strength gas ex. I guess meat is no longer my friend. How sad.

I hope you are all sleeping peacefully.

Tejas
03-26-2010, 09:29 AM
Good Morning:

Vickie, about the time you were writing, I was in a sleep lab having my sleep monitored.

DH has told me that I've been snoring a lot, so I went to see what is happening. So far, the technician says I do snore, but I don't have classic sleep apnea, that I get enough REM sleep, but that my oxygen levels go really low and more than is good. I'll know more in a week.

I just looked at the goal boards and read a few reminders, and I like this one: the only thing between who you are and who you want to be is what you do. I might post that somewhere!

The painter arrived yesterday so my kitchen is a mess, of course. It's funny to have to go the garage and through the patio to get from one side of the house to the other. The dog is very confused :lol:

Vickie, please don't feel guilty, dogs don't! Just spread the love around to all the pups you can find. And, Nancy, you're just going to be merciful to your dog, so don't grieve too hard. That said, I really miss my two dogs who have been gone two years for one, and one year for the other one. But, the current, dog, Kyra, gets all our loving.

Back to aquafit and Todd today. Yes, he did just about hobble me, and yesterday we worked on the upper body. Today, legs again..if they'll move.

Have a great day, everyone...

Rhonda

Vickie
03-26-2010, 12:36 PM
Thanks, Rhonda!

beach bum
03-26-2010, 02:24 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Sorry I was MIA yesterday,my friends & I want on a joy ride all along the north & south shore of the Cape. We left at 9:30 until 7 PM where we ended up at a dairy queen for some Ice cream. Never had such a fun time,something like school kids on a Spring Break.

Today is going to be another fun day after My PT at 11AM. Going to a movies[Crazy Heart]and than out to an early dinner,and than tomorrow & Sunday I have to get serous and get my last minute washing and packing done for Monday Trip.

SANDRA-Hate when you feet are sore, you know the old saying when you feet hurt your whole body hurts.Therapist put heat on my neck and with electric fingers massaging my neck.Did it feel good. Never thought of heat,always used ice paks instead.Always learning something new.

SLOAN-Being there at my PT session was the greatest feeling
for my neck, They put me on a massage machine & they were like magic fingers along the effected area. for 20 mins,and boy did they feel good.

VICKIE-When I went to the physical therapist this morning he just use a electric massage machine that worked out the kinks out of my neck & neck area.Sorry Your DH had to go though all that pain.

Have to get ready for my day out with the gals, see you guys later

ontarget
03-26-2010, 05:43 PM
Hi there. I just came inside from planting my new hydrangea tree. it should bloom in a couple of years or so. I'm excited about it. I don't think I've ever dug such a large hole in my life. It was easy, though, cuz of all the rain we've had lately.

It feels good--revitalizing--to get out into the yard to do some work. I'm smiling ear to ear. Life is good.

Rhonda, did Doyle have that test, too? I'm thinking he snores quite a bit. Maybe ya'll are trying to sing in your sleep?

Vickie, enjoy your new puppy. There's no reason to feel guilty. Cassie couldn't have been loved more. Now this new little fella needs some and some TLC. Sounds to me like he (she?) is getting the perfect home.

Angela, when is your little one due?

Sloan, I hope all goes well with your dad. Where did ya'll go on your field trip?

Maryann, I use an electric massager with heat on my feet. It makes them feel wonderful.

ontarget
03-26-2010, 09:45 PM
Long post warning: But I think you'll enjoy it.:cofdate:

Today Curtis and I went to a local, family-owned Mexican restaurant. I won't get into what we ordered. I'll just say, "I'm wrestling with my mind and priorities right now." :hun:

There was a table of 4 women next to us. Being the nosey lady I am, I couldn't help overhearing :listen: "Points!" And being a long long time Weight Watcher I knew exactly what they were talking about. I heard them chatting about different WW choices they had been and were making. Then :listen:I heard them get onto the subject of "bacon fat." There was laughter. A little later one lady said, "My grandfather lived to be 86 years old and he ate everything cooked with lard." More laughter as they continued making healthy choices. :dancer:

When we walked by their table, I sneaked a peek :mag: at what they had on their plates. It looked like they'd made some healthy choices......

Okay, so this wasn't as cute and funny as I thought it would be, :dunno: but I hope you enjoyed it anyway. :D :hug: One of the messages I get from this is that there are Weight Watchers everywhere--and they are eating, laughing, joking, and sharing ideas insuring that Life is Good.

If I decide to go back to Weight Watchers Tuesday, I'll probably see these same ladies. Wouldn't that be neat? I could tell them they gave me a push in the right direction getting me back to meetings. :grouphug: And if I don't go back? Well, we'll see.

aghiowa
03-26-2010, 11:11 PM
Sandra,

April 19th is my due date; just over 3 weeks from now. With each of the girls, I was between 1 and 5 days late though, so I'm not expecting to go any time soon.

We have really been enjoying Spring Break here. The weather has been decent and the girls are having a great time outside, making forts and climbing trees. This morning, they designed and made sashes and "merit badges" for learning to climb each of the trees in our yard. It makes me so happy to see them so creative and playing together well a lot of the time. We shall see what the addition of little brother does to the mix. :D

I have been knitting up a storm lately. I tend to nest not by cleaning my house, but by creating things - either cooking, sewing, or now it seems, knitting.

My dh said his dad is thinking of starting up the ice cream store again...those of you that were around for that whole issue know what a crazy time it was for us. I almost had a heart attack when dh told me last night. I advised him not to touch it with a ten-foot pole, but we shall see where my advice takes him.

I'm off to sit in my recliner and knit - boy, we lead such amazing Friday nights, don't we? :lol:

Angela

ontarget
03-27-2010, 12:05 AM
Angela, we're leading an exciting Friday night, too. We're on the recliner sofa watching basketball.

We have a hummingbird as of today.

Tejas
03-27-2010, 07:53 AM
Good morning:

Angela, I certainly remember the ice cream store. There is a very successful store here in Denton, called Beth Marie's. They're not big, and they're local and delicious. Ooops, how would I know?

Sandra, we too have found three local Tex-Mex places that are just great little greasy spoons. (Did I say that?) We went last night and I had the beef steak and managed not to eat anymore than a bite of beans and rice. I had 2 small corn tortillas. I'm just about to get this portion control thing.

About DH....he said that he will do the sleep test thing. He might be tired of my leaving the bedroom all the time? Really, this is no joke. Sleep apnea is dangerous.

I have a big weekend coming up. I'm starting an art class today: choose your medium, a four week course using all kinds of approaches to art. Tomorrow one of my great nieces competes at the state level in gymnastics and I'll go to the meet. I'm so excited for her.

Oh, and my Friday night? Out to dinner and then falling asleep watching a movie! I LOVE my life!

Rhonda

beach bum
03-27-2010, 05:47 PM
Just wanted to say a quick HI,had a black out last night so I couldn't post and this morning I was running all around to get ready for my trip down to NY.

Going to W-I tomorrow and than hang out with my other friends and than to the cemetery before I go down this Monday morning. Looking forward to seeing the Grand kids again,bet they grew since I last saw then oat Christmas time.

SANDRA-That electric treatment was a blessing with all the pain I had,hope that I don't experience the pain while down in NY. When I get down there I might buy a hot pad for my neck.

That's a cute story,and hope they convinced you to go to the meeting. I like meeting all sorts of people,but never again at the WW one.

Have a great evening

ontarget
03-27-2010, 08:54 PM
Rhonda, you are a good poster child for retirement. And you're right about sleep apnea being dangerous. I'm glad ya'll are getting help.

Maryann, have a safe trip to NY. Your grands have probably grown quite a bit.

We watched our grands play softball today. Other than that, I planted more strawberries in a strawberry pot I'd gotten from Cottage Farms. I have high expectations for delicious strawberries.

sloanie
03-27-2010, 10:49 PM
Hey chickies, my dad did well with his treatment. My sister and I ended up staying the night at my parents' house. We actually had a little slumber party. I had a lunch with my Bible study group today then went back by to check on them, and they were doing just fine. When I got home, I painted some (I'll bet you can't believe that), then I sat down to watch tv with dh. I think we are just gonna sit here and "veg" until bedtime. I've read all of your posts, but I'm too tired to talk any longer. I'll check in tomorrow.

Tejas
03-28-2010, 09:05 AM
If I've done this correctly you should see a picture of a painting I bought yesterday at a gallery opening. I didn't include the artist's picture. I bought another one but it wouldn't upload.

Today I'm going to try to start going to the gym twice a day, or at least having two workout sessions of some sort. Wish me luck.

Sloan, thanks for the update about your dad. And, Sandra, I want strawberries!

Rhonda

Vickie
03-28-2010, 11:55 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I had my weigh in and stayed the same. I'm off to errands and an early birthday lunch out with my best friends.

Talk to you all soon!

sloanie
03-28-2010, 08:29 PM
Hey chickies, today has been quiet except for the addition of a new dog to our household. DD rescued an adult pekingese, a four year old female, and she brought her home today. So far, she has been kinda pitiful and shy. She has eaten, but will not potty! We keep putting her in her crate then taking her out, but so far she has not done her business. She has not made a sound in her crate which makes me worry that she is very, very used to being in there!!!

Vickie, staying the same is always better than a gain! Just keep doing what you've been doing. You know it works!!

Rhonda, I love the art piece. Is it oil? Where will you hang it?

Sandra, I can't wait to hear about your strawberries!

Maryann, have a great time and a safe trip!

Angela, I remember the ice cream store! I love the story about the girls and their "merit badges"! Cherish these moments. They go by so quickly! What are you knitting?

Hey, hey Paula :)

Things are still going well with my dad. He even went to church this morning then spent some time at my sister's house. I really hope things continue to go this well. We are just hanging out and being lazy this evening. I did manage to clean out a fenced in area in our yard and paint some furniture, so I have been productive. I hope you all have a relaxing Sunday evening!

nancy237
03-28-2010, 08:40 PM
Rhonda...I love Sunflowers...

I am on a spring cleaning kick...

I found a strategy that is working for me to remove more junk from the house and attic. If I don't want to keep it, instead of deciding whether I am going to trash it, sell it, give it away I just get in to the garage. Somehow that forces me to make a decision and I have space there to have a give away, trash and sell
pile. It is helping me move faster in the attic because I only have one decision to make at first and my son is helping me bring the stuff down to the garage.

ontarget
03-29-2010, 12:09 AM
Sloan, that's good news about your father. I hope all continues to go well for him. The strawberry plants are looking good and healthy. Makes me smile.

Rhonda, I love the painting. You're going to the gym twice a day now? I am again impressed.

Nancy, sounds like you have a good plan. Will you have a garage sale?

Vickie, Sloan's right. Just keep on keepin' on. The scales will start to move. Have you tried drinking more water?

I got back on plan today. Those ladies did inspire me. Life is good. I shot for over 2 hours today then weeded a flower bed. I'm counting that as my exercise for today.