The Maintenance Library - Primal Law#6 Get adequate sleep

View Full Version : Primal Law#6 Get adequate sleep

srmb60
03-20-2010, 06:19 PM
Excessive stimuli keep us up long after dark and discordant alarms rouse us from blissful sleep.

The author recounts the importance of sleep in the cycle of our everyday lives.

JulieJ08
03-20-2010, 08:24 PM
For me, this is just indispensable. I think some people get away with sleep deprivation better than others.

srmb60
03-21-2010, 07:46 AM
After many years of working shift, I finally got a rotation of just days and evenings a couple of years ago. Now, I'm almost covetous of my sleep.

I try to keep kinda quiet in the evening or do something that's quiet-ish before I crawl in. I also like a quiet time in the morning. Coffee and 3FC :)

Now that I've read that that behaviour is healthy ;) I feel quite justified.

Primm
03-21-2010, 08:05 AM
I'm like you Susan. I've been working shifts for 20-something years now, and having started an office job a couple of months ago I am absolutely loving the sleep patterns! Mind you, I've totally lost the ability to sleep in on my days off, which is probably a good thing when you think about it.

Having said that, it's 10pm here. Goodnight!

midwife
03-21-2010, 03:32 PM
This is one of those areas where I'll just have to do the best I can. Those babies come out at all hours....

Serval87
07-23-2010, 07:54 AM
I love sleep, but sometimes it eludes me, especially when I'm writing. I've been known to skip a day or two, or survive on a small power-nap for one or two days at a time. It always comes back, and wipes me out for most of the day when it does.