100 lb. Club - Post your Halloween Mini Goals Here

Dyanm1
09-03-2002, 10:31 AM
Okay Ladies......

Let's start posting numbers! :D Good Luck, I hope everyone is a loser. I hope this will help keep us focused....

snowball1
09-03-2002, 11:44 AM
Well, I have WW weigh-in tomorrow, so I'll know what my starting weight is going to be then. But, going from tomorrow to October 30 is eight weeks, & I think I would like to lose 14 pounds by then. That would put my total weight loss right around 75 pounds. I'm really going to work for this, because that would set me up to lose around 90 pounds total by Christmas, which would be awesome :D

muelledk
09-03-2002, 12:55 PM
I already posted my goal at 205 for Halloween, but I'm going to adjust that. If I don't reach another of my minigoals, I'm going to be feeling pretty down, so I'll make the goal a little more reachable. My new Halloween goal is 210, that is 1 pound a week. If I reach that early, I'll go for the 205 goal. By the way, 203 is what I weighed when I got pregnant with my first six years ago, so if i can reach that I'll be entering a territory I have been for a long time.

Dyanm1
09-03-2002, 01:50 PM
I don't weigh in for the Labor Day goal until Saturday, but my Halloween mini goal will be 261, which will bring my total to 51 pounds lost. When I make, and I WILL make it :smug: (eventually), I will shout it to the world :D . I will change my sig line, after weigh in on Saturday.

anagram
09-03-2002, 03:13 PM
My Halloween mini=goal is to get to 225 which will be a total of 25 lbs or 10% of starting weight lost. Officially that should be 9.6 lbs total. Unofficially I'm up today so it might be more but I am D E T E R M I N E D to do it.

bobsgal
09-03-2002, 03:53 PM
My Halloween mini goal is to get to 255 lbs which is a loss of 11 lbs.
Steph

BA99TJ
09-04-2002, 10:41 AM
Okay -
I'm going for 12.4 lbs in 8 weeks, which is down to 243.0 by halloween.

lorelei1
09-04-2002, 10:58 AM
My Halloween goal is to not scare any trick or treaters! :lol:
Ok, really my goal is to lose 12 pounds-let's see how it goes!!
laura

SuchAPrettyFace
09-04-2002, 02:35 PM
My goal is to not buy Halloween candy, as I have not had even one trick-or-treater in the 3 years I've lived in my current place.

My other goal is to be down another 10#.

snowball1
09-04-2002, 02:40 PM
Okay, I just got back from weigh-in, so my starting weight is 251.6, and I would like to be down to 237.6 by Halloween. I'm getting nervous that that is kind of steep, but I'm going to go for it. As long as I am trying my hardest, I'll readjust if necessary (but no readjusting if I am slacking off!!). I know I can do it, it's just getting up the courage to do it...

I really, really want to be down to 225 by Christmas, so this will be a great start to that goal.

Oh, & no Halloween candy at this house either! I've already told dh we are going out that night so I'm not even tempted! :lol: Hard to believe that last year on Halloween I literally ate at least half the candy I bought for the trick-or-treaters!!!:eek:

Goddess Jessica
09-05-2002, 08:05 PM
Is it a pipe dream to want to be 250 by Halloween if I weigh 275 now? I'm not even sure I weigh 275. I don't have a scale!

I hear 1% of your body weight per week is reasonable. So, that shouldn't be difficult. Yeah right.

But hear goes. 250 by halloween.

JML
09-05-2002, 11:36 PM
I'm hoping for that last Labor Day Goal pound which I have not lost yet and then one pound each week till Halloween. That brings me to a hoped for 178 by Halloween, a goal of 72 pounds lost. Ooh, that sounds good. I really want to get there.

Charbar
09-06-2002, 12:11 AM
For those of you that don't want to buy candy.. please don't close your doors on little kids :) Instead give non food items - stickers, pencils. I hate that only every 5th house has it's lights off. When I was a kid every house gave out stuff. May I suggest current catalog http://currentcatalog.com/product.asp?subcatid=337 or maybe McDonalds's gift certificats? Come on Halloween is so much fun!!! Get creative. Don't put your life on hold :)

off my soap box now :) :soap:

I want to be 195 lbs by halloween

BA99TJ
09-06-2002, 10:18 AM
Hey - Goddess Jessica.

It's medically proven that your body cannot steadily lose more than 2 lbs a week of fat. If you are consistantly losing more than 2 lbs per week, you should be a little worried that you are losing muscle as well.

Hope this helps!

Goddess Jessica
09-06-2002, 02:03 PM
Thanks it does!

Anybody have any idea on where to get a good scale?

Dyanm1
09-06-2002, 02:32 PM
I agree w/ BA on the weight loss. 25lbs is a lot to lose in that period of time. I would say max of 16-18 and for some that 's pushing it.

I've been looking on Drugstore.com. I'm debating right now. They ones that will also measure your body fat, and one that weighs to the .2 of a pound. If ya find a good one, please let me know.

:wave:

SuchAPrettyFace
09-06-2002, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by slimdown
For those of you that don't want to buy candy.. please don't close your doors on little kids I live in the back of a business; there is me & 2 apts upstairs. I asked my neighbors & they said they've never had trick-or-treaters in the 10+ years they've lived there, but I bought candy just in case. Reese's Cookie Cups the first year, Snickers the next year & Double Stuf Oreos last year. Not a single trick-or-treater!!! :(

I don't know what else to do, short of standing on the porch & shouting at them across the street, "HEY KIDS, YOU WANT SOME CANDY???" :lol:

BA99TJ
09-06-2002, 03:38 PM
we ended up walking UP the street last year trying to find kids to take the candy!
This year we hear from our new neighbors (we moved) that we can expect 100s of kids!

DNW
09-09-2002, 01:23 PM
Hi all:

My goal for Halloween is 250 lbs. I am going to committ to weight training 3x times weekly, and walking at least 4x weekl. 64 oz. wieght a day, and nothing after 7 pm except dinner if we get home late, or 1/2 cup dry cereal or 1 yogurt

love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DNW
09-09-2002, 01:25 PM
I meant 64 oz. water a day, and weighing in once a week. Also if I have dinner late than no snack at night, also just for this challenge I am going to try 6 days on and one day off. Wish me luck...you all are so inspiring

Dyanm1
09-09-2002, 03:48 PM
Hey Nursey- Poo!!

Are you following me? :D .

Lots of love.......

Goddess Jessica
09-09-2002, 04:48 PM
Don't buy the one that measures body fat. All the consumer reports say that it's a scam, not accurate at all.

Wouldn't it be cool if there was one that gave you your weight in lbs. and then your BMI?

Dyanm1
09-09-2002, 05:44 PM
You know I was wondering about the whole body fat thing. I don't really care to know how much body fat I have, because I know it's ALOT :lol: .

JanetGW
09-09-2002, 05:47 PM
Tentatively, I want to be under 200 pounds by Halloween. I'm not sure how do-able that is since my scale says I weigh 202 in the morning and later the same day (or even 5 minutes later!) it says I weigh 218. But just to be on the safe side, I'll say I want to lose at least 10 pounds by Halloween.

Charbar
09-10-2002, 09:18 PM
Once again I am changing my mini halloween goal. My goal for labour day was 200, clearly I didn't make that. So I must adjust :( 199 is now my halloween goal. I want to be realistic here... 199 should be realistic... we are talking about 8 lbs here.

Dana

cynthia-7
09-11-2002, 05:15 PM
hi there, new here and want to set a mini goal of 3lbs lost by halloween that puts my weight at 235.

icewoman
09-12-2002, 04:33 PM
My halloween goal in 10 pounds from today. That is 1-2 pounds a week.

bella23
09-12-2002, 06:56 PM
my Halloween goal is just to get on program and stay there. I have been so far off over the past few weeks. I feel totally lost. It SUCKS! I'm not eating a lot, just not eating good stuff!

Bella23

Chunky Spice
09-13-2002, 01:15 AM
Oy this hurts.

My mini goal for Halloween is to get back to 298 which is where I was before I had my "setback"

Onward and downward.

gbo
09-13-2002, 07:16 PM
I gave decided to shoot for 20 lbs down which would put me at 100 pounds lost. I know that is pushing it a bit but this time I shall shoot for the moon. If I don't make it , I don't make it but I will go for it and I really think I can. I have upon occasion been very wrong but I don't think so. I think I finally have my system down pat.
Pam

KittyMilk
09-15-2002, 03:06 AM
We don't celebrate halloween here in Australia, on the rare occasion I have had a knock on the door I gave out fruit, maybe not as exciting as candy but the kids ate it all the same. My revised halloween challenge is to lose 10 pounds, I'd like to lose more but want something really doable. Congrats on your 80lb loss Pam, fantastic! Whatever your doing keep it up, you sure sound like you have your system down pat, any secrets? :D

Kitty

lorelei1
09-15-2002, 11:31 AM
Ok, on weight loss totals it has me listed as 68 pounds. I think I was 68 pounds for maybe a DAY!! ;) I had "lost" 3 pounds from one day to the next according to my scale. I was so excited and posted this great news and its now on my total as 68. Well the next day, I was right back to 65 pounds lost again. For the past month or so I have been gaining and losing the same 5 or 6 pounds. I am tired of this!! I have been eating all the wrong things lately acting like I just dont care. After reading about Pams 80 pounds I want back on this train!!:lol: So officially I am now
252 (61 pounds) this morning. (Was 245 when I posted the 68 pounds) I will try not to be too depressed and will keep moving on from here. Sorry for the novel but wanted to put this in writing even if nobody else reads it, I will feel better.

My goal for Halloween is 10 pounds=242. (71 pounds) We have about 6 weeks or so, so this should be attainable!!
laura

lorelei1
09-18-2002, 09:56 AM
hello!
Nobody has posted since I did a few days ago! Well, I am back on track now hopefully. I am glad to report I am down a pound and a half. Working towards that Halloween goal...
laura
313/250.5/242 Halloween goal

Dyanm1
09-18-2002, 10:55 AM
Hey Laura!

Congrats on the pound & half! :cb: :cb: . I never actually put my loss into how many pounds I needed to lose. I basically said I want to weigh this much (261), okay so I guess better think about this. I believe I started at 277 which would make that a 16 pound loss :yikes: , seems like a lot when I put it that way! although it's 2 pounds a week, and that's do-able. Week one down 2.5 pounds :dancer: only 13.5 to go! hehe :D

Your doing GREAT, keep up the good work.....

snowball1
09-19-2002, 11:43 AM
Hey, how's everyone doing with their goals? I'm working on it... Want to be down to 237.6 by Halloween & am at 247 right now. So, about 10 pounds in 6 weeks is doable. Halloween is the anniversary of the day dh & I met, too, so meeting goal will just be icing on the cake! :)

Hope this challenge is going great for everyone! :)

muelledk
09-19-2002, 01:59 PM
I'm at 215 now and want to reach 210. Still have 5 pounds to go and I REALLY want to make this goal. Unfortunately, I don't know that I am going to make it, I've been slacking a little lately.

Charbar
09-19-2002, 11:53 PM
I have been slacking a lot lately..
but I really really really want my goal of 199lbs

DNW
09-20-2002, 12:24 AM
hey all:

haven't been here in a few...i dropped 2 1/2 lbs. and i am really working the FitDay.com site with writing down the food. The instant nutrient and calories, carbs, fats, and protein counts is really keeping me on track....this was such a blessing.

I really hope i can keep it up. I told my therapist tonight that she should watch out for when i start to become cocky and complacent like i always do...i have such a problem with success when it comes to weight loss....she said she will remind me how miserable i was when i started this journey...see i'm in menopause and can't remember anything anymore.

bobsgal
09-21-2002, 12:24 AM
Well since I last posted, I have lost 6 lbs. So I have 5 more to go to make my goal.
Steph

anagram
09-21-2002, 09:01 AM
What a super loss, Steph! I'm still struggling to get back where I was two weeks ago (and also almost a month ago). The last few weeks, things really have seemed to change. This is the point, I'm sure, where I normally would have dropped the whole thing in the past but I'm determined to get it going again this time.

lorelei1
09-21-2002, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the congrats Dyanm!! And also congrats to you too!

Steph-sounds like you are doing GREAT!! keep it up!

to those who are struggling/slacking-I can soo relate. I just had a period of slacking lately and I told myself "do you want to get FATTER or smaller? I decided smaller was better! :lol:

Update: I have lost another pound and a half!! :D :D :D

laura
313/249/242 Halloween goal

Dyanm1
09-21-2002, 08:08 PM
Lost another 5.5 pounds! :D

lorelei1
09-22-2002, 02:45 PM
Holy Cow Dyanm!!:) that's wonderful!!

laura:cool:

Dyanm1
09-23-2002, 02:10 PM
Thanks Laura!

I think it has to do with the fact that Aunt Flo has left the building :D , HA.

Only 7 more pounds to go to hit my mini goal. With such a "big" loss this week, I don't expect to see one this week. I can still hope though. I have been really laxed lately, but have resolved to get back on track, as of today.

Ladies we can do this! we still have 5-6 weeks (depending on when your weigh in is). Just think, even if we lost 1 pound a week, that's 5-6 pounds gone forever!

lorelei1
09-24-2002, 12:23 PM
Another 1.5 pounds gone! It's funny, on my scale I may stay the same weight for several days then BOOM! down a pound and a half, then repeat!! I think it's cause my scale is digital and gives you your weight in even or .5 amounts. No .3 or .7 here. Oh well!!

I may be at my Halloween goal early knock on wood!;)

laura
313/247.5/242 trick or treat goal:devil:

DNW
09-24-2002, 04:02 PM
Hi All:

Congratulations to all the losers...me included...I am officially down 5.5 lbs. and i am only successful because of all of you.....

To those who didn't lose.....that's OK because you're still writing and sharing and that means you haven't given up hope...when we have no hope anymore then we have finally given up the good fight....i for one, refuse to give up on myself....how about the rest of you...aren't we all worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grouphug:

anagram
09-25-2002, 10:42 AM
Finally, a loss. I've been stuck for three weeks. Down 2 from last week (but I was up.4 then). So 7.8 to go by Halloween. Going to be tough but whatever I get will make me happy as long as it's lower.

250/232.8/225/?
sw/cw/hg/ fg

bobsgal
09-27-2002, 12:26 AM
I had a 2 lb loss this past week so only 3 more to go until goal. I might adjust my goal depending on what the scale says on Sunday. I just might make that goal early.
Steph

anagram
10-02-2002, 09:13 PM
Down .8 this week. Leaves 7 more to go in four weeks. I must have been feeling overly optimistic when I set my goal. But still have a little chance.

muelledk
10-03-2002, 01:34 AM
I have 3 more to go in the next four weeks. I actually think that I will make this goal!! Wahoo!

KittyMilk
10-03-2002, 03:32 AM
I'm 5 down 5 to go :D going to be touch and go to lose 5 in the time left but if I try hard I'll get there

DNW
10-03-2002, 08:47 AM
Well...apparently all that baloney i have been giving myself for the past year or so it just that....i have lost 7 lbs. in three weeks :dance::dance::dance: :dance::dance::dance::dance: and all i had to do once again was exercise and not eat like i'm goin' to the chair.

I guess that blows my "i'm in menopause and can't lose weight theory".

Writing everyday on the threads and also reading everyone's posts has been incredible.

Love to you all and i wish you the absolute best of days!!

Charbar
10-03-2002, 10:28 AM
I had a gain .. ouch.. so goal is going to be a be tougher.
8 lbs in 4 weeks.. still do-able.

Dana

bobsgal
10-03-2002, 10:56 AM
Ok my original goal was to be 255 by Halloween. Well I'm at 256 right now so I'm readjusting my goal. I want to be 250 by Halloween. So another 6 lbs to go. Very do-able I think.
Steph

Dyanm1
10-05-2002, 11:34 AM
Down anoter 2.5 pounds. which brings me to 266.5 :D , still have 5 pounds til goal! Should be a piece of cake :s:

dougie
10-06-2002, 02:13 AM
Put me down for 2 pound one week loss, now 238lbs. I would love to be near 230lbs at end of the month. I just wanted to say to all you guys, that the 100lb forum is the best in 3fc. I have been a daily lurker for years now, but rarely post, why? well first of all i am a guy and second of all i only have about 50lbs to lose. However your threads are real inspiring. My wife and I live and work in the middle east, I'm scottish, my wife american, 33yrs old. We have very little diet products per se, and little advice and no weight watchers, so i rely on this site tremendously for insight and good chat and banter.
i hope everyone meets their halloween goals. One thing i have noticed in the past weeks is probably more weight gain than loss in many guys. I would urge everyone to buckle down, think of the bigger picture and just take it one day at a time. I know i would love to pig out in ice cream and chocolate when I am having a bad day, but it doesn't really help, temporary pleasure, as my wife says 'a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips', i jest, but everyone hang in there, be focused, that always comes clearly through recent posts of big time losers (weight!), the need to focus and have a determined frame of mind. I am just fed up of feeling fat. In the middle east, the swimming pool culture is a big thing, and sometimes i feel real self conscious, so i am determined to make a difference to my self esteem and appearance,and also health. I would like to thank all the regular posters on this forum for your tremendous enthusiasm and support you have for each other.
have a great weekend!

dougie
10-06-2002, 02:17 AM
ps
on another matter re dating which was a good series of posts two weeks ago, i would say from a guy point of view, that it is much more important to meet someone who has self confidence, is intelligent and takes care of herself rather than per se being thin. Looks fade, period. It is tremendously more exciting for a guy to meet someone who is more than air candy in the brain, who is funny but more than anything is confident and takes good care of appearance, (regardless of weight).
anyway, that's my two cents worth.

Dyanm1
10-07-2002, 02:10 PM
Welcome Dougie!

Glad you decided to come out of "lurkdom" :D and CoNgRaTs on the loss! Have you joined any of the challenges? Personally I've found that they've given me great motivation. During the first 3 point challenge I lost 11 pounds in 30 days, just doing what we all know works. Food, water, and exercise...maybe not in that order, but cha know what I mean. :D

lorelei1
10-08-2002, 08:17 PM
Doug,
Hello! I am the one who started the dating thread a while back. Thanks for the input! I agree that how you carry yourself and your personality is more important! It's good to hear it from a guy. It sounds like you guys have an interesting life living in the Middle East. Wow!

On the weightloss front there is nothing to report. I am staying the same. I lose a few then gain a few. I am sick of this, so I am just trying not to gain right now until my motivation comes back.

Good luck to you all!
laura

jiffypop
10-08-2002, 10:01 PM
well, i've been avoiding this for the past few weeks, since i've been on the plateau from **** for the past 6 weeks, and the job from ****. but that's another story.

but i had to go to the doc this morning, and THE PLATEAU IS BROKEN!!!! i'm down 3 pounds since last week!!!!

so, as usual, no goals for me. whatever will happen will happen. as long as i eat my protein, drink the water, exercise. i don't really have a choice.

so, everyone, you're all doing great, even when you post a slight gain. it's the day by day, meal by meal steps that'll do it.

muelledk
10-09-2002, 07:02 PM
Alrighty, I have met my Halloween goal!!!! Just as I thought I was not going to.

Dougie, Glad you could join us! Good luck on the challenge. Your goal is very reachable.

jiffypop, I'm glad to hear that your plateau is broken! Keep up the good work.

lorelei1
10-10-2002, 06:56 AM
Weigh to go Denise!!:D Meeting your goal early is great!

Jiffy-you are doing great as always! I know you are happy the plateau is over!!

Me, I am still waffling around the same weight. I still want to get to 243 by Halloween (70 pounds). I have to lose 10 pounds in three weeks! Probably not gonna happen unless I get serious soon!

laura

anagram
10-10-2002, 09:29 PM
Down .2 this week. So a little under 7 lbs to go in 3 weeks. Still doable maybe but not at the rate things have been going. Still, I'm edging on.

lorelei1
10-15-2002, 02:46 PM
I have lost 2.5 pounds since my last post- so only 7.5 to go for Halloween! How's everyone else doing??

laura
313/250.5/243 halloween goal

anagram
10-15-2002, 03:51 PM
2.5 lbs in five days! You're really working on that Halloween goal. I'm hoping for a better loss tomorrow. Goal date getting scarily close.

anagram
10-16-2002, 10:16 AM
Down 1.6 for the week. Really happy but 5.2 to go in two weeks? But I'll come as close as I can.

250/230.2/225/?????
sw/cw/hg/fg

Charbar
10-16-2002, 10:53 AM
Don't think I'm going to be doing my halloween goal.. which was my labor day goal too... oops! I haven't really been OP since mid August - that's two months. But I haven't quit!!! :) I think if I set a goal of being OP 6 out of 7 days till halloween I would be proud. Someday I will make that 199 .. I just know it!

Congrats to all that are doing so well.
Dana

lorelei1
10-16-2002, 08:45 PM
Anagram--good job on the 1.6! The reason I lost it so fast was because I havent been trying too hard lately. Only half-heartedly at best. I kept gaining and losing the same two pounds the past two months! Atleast I didnt gain. Now I am back on track (knock on wood!) It seems my body lets me lose a few pretty fast at first and then the next week it gets back to normal only a pound or two a week.

Dana-sorry you arent gonna make your goal. I know how you feel. I came close to my Labor Day goal and then blew it!! Now I have to really pull a miracle to meet this one, but I will try my best. Good luck to you!

laura

Dyanm1
10-17-2002, 02:53 PM
Don't think I'll make it.....need to lose 7.5 pounds in 2 weeks and 2 days....:(

lorelei1
10-21-2002, 10:35 AM
I am still six pounds from goal. Like I said to Bella on another post-how can I lose 6 pounds in ten days (Halloween) unless I fast or something? I really wanted to reach this goal and I am disappointed with myself for not trying hard enough. Maybe for now on I will make my holiday goals super easy like 5 pounds instead of trying for something like 10 pounds!

It looks like a lot of us are in the same boat. Lets give it our best to come close in the next ten days! Anybody else wanna give it a try??

laura
313/249/243

Dyanm1
10-21-2002, 11:28 AM
I was amazed to step on the scale Saturday and saw that it was down to 264!! Only 3 more pounds to reach my goal! I WILL DO IT. I guess I had some water retention going.....

tammyj
10-21-2002, 10:53 PM
Hello everyone, I am new here so my haloween goal is going to be simple. I want to be able to say I have maintined my goal for fat grams and calories (30/1500)

Tammy

KittyMilk
10-22-2002, 05:22 AM
I think I was 198 when I started this challenge, Anyway I siad I would lose 10 lbs and now I'm 188!! :D;):) I've made it!

JML
10-22-2002, 01:19 PM
Made my Halloween goal as of today.

lorelei1
10-22-2002, 02:42 PM
Woo hoo!!:D
Dyan, Kittymilk and JML---you all are doing great! I am so jealous but it's helping me to get it together!! You all have inspired me to try yet again!!
laura:devil:

anagram
10-31-2002, 11:04 PM
Well, it's Halloween and I didn't make my goal of 225. I'm at 229.4 and that's a loss of 5# on this challenge which is enough to make me happy. Of course I'd be a lot happier if it were 225 but it will be.