SARAHBELLA, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 23

SWEETMOM, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 1, DOWN 3

UPANDAWAY, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 11

WSW, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 18, DOWN 2

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

dollar
09-03-2002, 09:12 AM
Good Morning ladies,
Well they are finally all gone for the day, the first day back to school is always a busy one. My 2 yr old grandson is a little confused as to where everyone went, he keeps asking for mommy, it will take a little bit of time for him to get use to it. So tonight is weigh in night. I think it was wsw that asked me how I stay in my points, sheer determination and thinking twice about what goes in my mouth. In choicing a donut over something else I visuallize how much more food of lower points I could have instead of the donut.
I have a question does anybody know how to figure out how many excercise points golf is worth. Yesterday I played a par three course but it was really tough and I played 18 holes and worked up a good sweat in the heat, I walked the course and it took us about 4 hrs. I calculated it at MOderate for 4 hrs, I hope that is right any ideas.
Yes my headaches are much better but Im having some memory problems when Im at work which has led to a few errors. Luckily they were staff scheduling errors and nothing to do with our residents, that worries me some so Im going to go right now and call the doctor for an appintment, Im not suppose to go back until the end of the month but I think I should go now. My family is also complaining again about telling me things over and over and I don't remember. Well got to go and I will log in tonight after weigh in. Have a great day everbody.

Amarantha2
09-03-2002, 09:59 AM
Good-morning, POWER O' FIVE!!! We can call ourselves that because we have FIVE TIMES THE POWER TO SUCCEED in our quest to simply lose five pounds (at a time)!!! Right? YOU BET!!!

Dollar, my Calorie King book, which is what I use to figure my calories and exercise expended says "social golf" is the same calories (4 per minute) as "walking, slow." That's four calories per hour. "Walking, brisk" is 7 calories per minute, so maybe brisk golf would be approximately that, so if you know how many points you get per exercise calorie, you might go with that. Sounds like your calculations are on target anyway. In my spreadsheet figuring calories burned, I just use the 4 per minute figure to count every bit of exercise, so that accounts for any lapses I have in intensity or stop/start or if I just feel like going slow ... it averages out, I figure. At any rate, you are to be congratulated for GETTING OUT AND GOLFING FOR FOUR HOURS!!! Sounds like a good workout! :strong:

Sorry you're still having some residual memory problems but it's good your headaches are better. Glad you are checking it out with doc, always the best idea to sort things out!

See you later and also let us know how Daughter is doing!

Amarantha's night went very well calorie-wise and she ended eating with 1710; had 65 accumulated minutes of exercise. She intendeth to do weights before heading out!

CAN WE DO THIS?! YOU BET! No question! :cb: :cp: :dance:

Punkinseed
09-03-2002, 12:40 PM
I'm here (kinda sorta')
I just cut n' paste this from the other thread, cuz ditzy me just noticed you started a new one...

Kaylets, my awsome partner... congrats!

I'm sick. I feel like I've got water up my nose, I'm dizzy and light headed - and such fun!!! I've been like this all freakin' weekend!!!!!

I'm up one pound. Needless to say, I ate my pain this weekend. Sunday did show I was down .5, but by Monday morning, I was up 1 pound... so, I'll take the gain, I deserve it and shall persevere and succeed next week!

Will get back to posting individually when my monitor quits moving.

Terri

leggs02
09-03-2002, 12:46 PM
Hello Everyone,
I'm up for this challenge. I think I'll be down 5lb by Sept 18. I'm hoping this give me the motivation need because I've been slacking for about a month now. I'm also challenging myself to workout 3x a week. So wish me luck. Congrat to all the losers and I hope to join in on the losing.

jusdoit
09-03-2002, 12:57 PM
Hi guys! I didn't make it over to the weekend "no guilt" thread, but I just read it and it looks like it was a great success for those that took advantage of it. I think the Thanksgiving idea is a good one :) .

I was so busy this weekend that it kept me out of trouble for the most part. My 7-day workout challenge has really been working well for me. There were 2 days during the weekend where I very well may not have exercised if it had not been written down on my 7-day schedule. Today is day 6 and I completed my gym workout this a.m. Tomorrow (7th and last day) is a swim day. I'll probably take a rest day on Thursday and then write out another schedule.

As for the scale..........I haven't been on it. I didn't want to weigh-in until the "dust settles" from the weekend (if you know what I mean :dizzy: ). I shall hop on it tomorrow a.m. and report back with the results. My target date for the 5 lb challenge is next Monday, so I best be getting close :D .

I hope everyone's week is starting out great!

dollar
09-03-2002, 09:14 PM
Hi Ladies
Well what a great night got my 60lbs and met my 5# chellenge I lost 3.2 tonight. My daughter also lost 3.2 so we are happy in this house got to go good luck everyone and thanks for all your support.

Amarantha2
09-03-2002, 10:10 PM
Good news!!! DOLLAR hath CHASED AWAY 3.2 CUTE BUT PESKY :dance: and MET HER 5-POUND CHALLENGE. And, DAUGHTER HATH ALSO GONE DOWN 3.2 in her weigh-in! :cb: :cp: :cloud9: Congratulations to Dollar and Daughter (and Dollar, if you want to set a new challenge, please posteth at your leisure)!

Punkinseed (Friday's :queen:): Hang loose and it'll get better by Friday!!! :jig: Amarantha hath proclaimed a new administrative procedure for the Power o' Five roster ... a GAIN IS NOT A GAIN UNTIL THE NEXT WEIGH-IN OF THE GAINEE BY WHICH TIME, THE GAIN, WHICH IS WATER WEIGHT MOST LIKELY, WILL BECOME A LOSS OR A MAINTENANCE ... SO IT IS MAINTENANCE! Ok? Cool! Wish she'd thought of this sooner, but Amarantha's not too quick some days (saith Elbertine Pep).

Leggs02: Welcome to our team o' LASTING LOSERS!!! :wave: Great workout challenge, too! You will definetely succeed because THE POWER IS YOURS!!! So no luck needed. (But good luck, anyhow!)

Jusdoit: Congrats on your 7-day workout challenge successfully completed (tomorrow)! You're an inspiration. I'm going to make a special workout challenge for myself when my Leslie tapes get here and I'm going to keep you in my brain for motivation! :cp:

Kaylets: I second (or third or whatever number) the concept of a NO GUILT thread for Thanksgiving. Halloween is a big guilt-producer, too, with all those goodies in the store. When I worked in newsrooms all day, I would always go to Walgreen's and load up on that stuff and put it out for coworkers, who had already put out chocolate to tempt others ... it was kind of the war of the fun-size bars ... very guilt prone holiday!

List followeth! ALL HAIL THE POWER O' FIVE, BECAUSE WE CAN DO IT!!! :cp: Who's better than us? No one!

Rycherbabe? Are you out there? Did you want to update your challenge? Inquiring minds want to know!!! :wave:

Amarantha2
09-03-2002, 10:24 PM
AMARANTHA, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 15, DOWN 1.5

ANAGRAM, 2ND CHALLENGE, FIVE DOWN BY OCT. 4

BABETTE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 15

BYRD, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 16, DOWN 1

BOBSGAL, 2ND CHALLENGE, SIX DOWN BY OCT. 1

DOLLAR, FIVE DOWN BY, SEPT. 9, DOWN 5.8

DAUGHTER, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 3, DOWN 4.2

DUSTCATCHER, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 13, DOWN 4

GUINEVER, 2ND CHALLENGE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 14

JUSDOIT, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 9, DOWN 2

KAYLETS, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 30

LEGGS02, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 18

PUNKINSEED, FIVE-PNT-FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 9, DOWN 4

RYCHERBABE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 2, DOWN 3

SWEETMOM, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 1, DOWN 3

dollar
09-04-2002, 08:46 AM
Good Morning ladies,
Well after last nights weigh in Im just so motivated now, I feel fantastic about the lose and I think that will carry me through and keep me determined to keep going. So I posting my date for my next 5#s Sept 24. My daughter returned to classes yesterday and was met by all the oohs and aaaahhhs about how she is looking and that gave her a real boost to help her continue on her way with weight loss. It is a beautiful day here today and I think I will try to get out and enjoy it.

271.8/209.6/165

Amarantha2
09-04-2002, 09:36 AM
Great, Dollar!!! Congratulations again to Daughter and Amarantha hath asked Elbertine Pep to update you on the list for your SECOND CHALLENGE!!! :cb: :cp: :cb:

Off to post on the 21-day thread and work way through TO DO list today, including a late night meeting. My challenge today is to save TWO cans of slimfast for just before the meeting and then to "walk in the desert of no food" from the time I drink that until midnight! I CAN DO IT!!! YOU BET!!! :dance:

Amarantha2
09-04-2002, 09:44 AM

DOLLAR, 2ND CHALLENGE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 24

KAYLETS, 2ND CHALLENGE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 30

Amarantha2
09-04-2002, 09:55 AM
Amarantha wisheth EP to saith thus: She is amazed by the success of all Power o' Five Challengers and wisheth only that this thread were not in cyberspace so she could reward each and every successful challenger with FIVE BAGS O' GOLD from the Imperial Treasury. As it is she hath ordered FIVE (virtual) BAGS O' GOLD to be awarded to the following:

Anagram, Bobsgal, Dollar, Daughter, Guinever, Kaylets!

She hath noticed an error also, as Kaylets is on her second challenge. She will edit!

RycherBabe
09-04-2002, 10:02 AM
I'm here. I was afraid to weigh my self today. I gained half a pound. It was not a good weekend for me. So I'm still down 2.5 pounds. I'm going to amend my date to Sept. 25th. I need to get serious about this. NO MORE JUNK FOOD FOR ME!! And I'll try to check in more often. :D

Patti

Punkinseed
09-04-2002, 10:11 AM
Hello all!

Dollar - :cb: 60 Pounds?!?!?!? :cb: Right on!!!!! :cp:
Congrats to both you and your daughter (whom I keep wanting to refer to as "penny" since you're "dollar" hehe) on reaching your first 5 pound goal!

Emp. Amarantha - Thank you for your words on my gain. I'm sure it's temporary too since I really didn't :ink: out this weekend. I did find my way to some pizza rolls though - nothing like a bit 'o salt to up the weight for a bit huh? I shall persevere....

(now, for some royal biznus)

I, :queen: Punkin o' Friday, do hereby announce that I will hereby be issuing my very own challenge. Until October 8th, my first day of vacation, I will not, shall not, will heretofore, avoid the consumption of chocolate (excluding Pria bars and Slim Fast - neither of which are triggers for me) and will also put an immediate end to my "weigh in dinners" (the little oink-fest I have the day I weigh in). I have come to face the facts - if an alcoholic can't have a single drink HOW can I go crazy on junk once a week and still be "in control" of my addiction???? It's not working - so it must end.

The :queen: has spoken....

Hugs,

Terri

Amarantha2
09-04-2002, 10:18 AM
Hooray, RycherBabe is in the room! Please read Amarantha's new edict about small weight gains (THEY DON'T EXIST)!! :jig: Updating you on the list above with an edit!!! Thanks!!! :wave:

Amarantha2
09-04-2002, 10:51 AM

KAYLETS, 2ND CHALLENGE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 30

RYCHERBABE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 25, DOWN 3

jusdoit
09-04-2002, 12:47 PM
CONGRATULATIONS on those well deserved bags o'gold awarded to you by Elbertine Pep. :cp: You guys RULE!

About the scale this morning.....DON'T ASK :yikes: !!! It's just not fair because today is day 7 of my workout challenge which was a 40 minute lap swim. I have been SO GOOD about exercising. Didn't I deserve that extra piece of carrot cake....a few extra chips.....a glass or two of vino....:^: :^: ?

On goal day Monday (9/9) I shall assess the damage/success and make a new goal accordingly. In the meantime I shall forge ahead like a good soldier exercising and perhaps making some better food choices :angel: .

Amarantha, Terri, Patti and anyone else not mentioned above, WE CAN AND WILL DO THIS because we are THE POWER O'FIVE. :strong: :strong: :strong: :strong: :strong:

anagram
09-04-2002, 01:36 PM
By dint of two extremely arduous days of water, workouts and modest amounts of food, I have managed to wrest a "maintain" from the jaws of the monstrous weekend just past. This is (sob) the first week of this journey that I have not posted at least a modest loss and I am chastened.

By holding on to the POWER OF FIVE, I hope to amend my ways and move on.

Punkinseed
09-04-2002, 02:01 PM
Since this thread is about setting specific goals with deadlines moreso than any of the others I thought I'd share this with you. Feel free to cut n' paste if you'd like to share, but thank the author!

This is in this month's Costco Connection, by Rhonda Abrams titled "Life Strategies" - it's about getting what you want accomplished. I've never heard of her, but one of her rules apparently is "if you want something, you have to do something" - I like that. :yes:

1. Set a goal - This is harder than it looks. Generally, we have an idea of what we'd like - to be more successful, healthier, happier - but we stop there. Vague desires aren't goals; they're dreams. Remember another Rhonda's Rule: "You can't reach a goal you haven't set."

2. Understand and accept the tradeoffs - Every goal has unpleasant aspects. Identify the good things - "I want to make more money" and the less good - "I have to work harder". Understand the downsides, and accept them as necessary to the process.

3. Commit to your goal - Being ambivalent is disastrous. Success does not come from - or to - wishy-washy people.

4. Set a deadline - Deadlines give goals a framework for action. You can't reach a goal without a meaningful deadline.

5. Commit to the deadline - Commitment is critical for making changes. Make your deadline mean something.

6. Tell people - Make your goal tangible by sharing it with others. Say it out loud and put it on paper. Often.

7. Outline intermediate steps - Things don't go from here to there without passing through some middle territory. It's easier to take many small steps than one big leap.

8. Get help - Since we have to do things that are new to us, we're inexperienced. Often, it's best to get professional help, but even friends or colleagues can assist. On you journey to your new goal, you don't have to make the trip alone. (amen to that!)

9. Take action. Soon! - Your resolve can slip - and then time goes by. Take the first step now. The sooner you do, the more likely you are to achieve your ultimate goal.

10. Commit again - And again. For changes to occur, you have to embrace them over and over. Take it step by step - but keep moving forward - and a year from now, you'll find you've moved from here to there.

Enjoy,

Terri

dollar
09-04-2002, 04:43 PM
This is such a great place I told the poeple at weight watchers last night how great you all are it is like having a meeting at my finger tips whenever I want. Keep up the good stuff. One more acheivement today I managed to get into my daughter's jeans today she can no longer wear them because they are too big for her now. It is so nice to be wearing a size 18 for the first time in 16 years. Havve a great evening everyone and keep up the great inspiration for us all.

Kaylets
09-04-2002, 06:26 PM
Hello all!!

I thought of Halloween but didnt think there would be that much interest-- We can easily do a thread for Halloween -- I know just going grocery shopping can be sooooo tempting with the special displays.

Dollar and Daughter!! AMAZING!! You are a wonderful example of staying the course!!

Punkinseed, thanks for posting the Life Strategies--

Empress A- The new edict is a very wise one-

All newcomers, welcome !!

Don't know exactly why but about 1pm yesterday, I had the worst stomach ache. Double dose of Mylanta helped till about 5 when I felt miserable again. Only had toast spread very thin w/ Laughing Cow and chicken bouillon for supper and went to bed.
This am, more of the same so I stayed with the toast. Starting to feel more like myself now but I'll tell you, that stomach ache was bad. I wouldnt wish that on anybody.

anyway... I am rambling--

time to check out the 21 day challenge

Guinever
09-04-2002, 07:56 PM
Kaylets - I'm so sorry about your stomach ache, I know what it's like to have one of those unexplained pains and can't do anything about it. That's when my mind starts to wander to all the horrible things it could be....just before it goes away and I'm fine :o

Anyway, I'm all settled in at school - classes just started. I'd fogotten how busy that make you! So running around all day makes it difficult to eat at regular times, but I think I'm managing to stay within a good range. Yesterday I even turned down free pizza! Anyway, I wanted to write this post to say that I'm going running in an hour - I feel like if I write it, I have a far better chance of actually doing it :p And, it the gym got a new (and not quite as broken as last year's) scale, I'll be able and make my first update!

Yea! Genevieve

Amarantha2
09-04-2002, 08:44 PM
Drive-by post! I really am running late! :cb: Wouldn't want to miss the six-hour school board meeting, would I?

Punkinseed: I LOVED the article on goal setting. I adore setting goals ... not only for fitness, but for life, work, etc. Don't always meet 'em but they help my aging scattered brain to focus and make life more fun.

Speaking of which, I did NOT meet my goal of saving the final slimfast cans for premeeting, but I'm cool as I had 'em when my body needed 'em. BTW, :queen: Punkin, slimfast (which I love) used to be a heavy trigger food for me until I started drinking it over ice. Think it dilutes it just enough and slows down the absorption or something, but it totally satisifes and I don't need the whole carton plus 15 dulce de leche milks and a candy bar to follow! :lol:

Justdoit: YES WE CAN DO IT BECAUSE :strong: x 5!!! YOU BET!!! Don't worry, maintenance is WONDERFUL!!! Gotta do it sometime, consider it practice for the rest of your life!!! Update when it pleaseth thee!

GOOD NEWS!!! DOLLAR FIT INTO DAUGHTER'S JEANS!!!! That means, both Dollar and Daughter are going to have to go out and buy a whole new wardrobe soon, methinks!!! :cp: Great work, D&D!!

Kaylets, :queen: of Meditations/Mediations: Sorry you have a stomach ache ... yuck! (Is cheese the best idea, though? Dairy can aggravate stomach pain for me, don't know about anyone else. Cold water over cracked ice is the only thing that ever helps me, wonderful water ... ). Get better.

Guinever: Sounds like you are having fun at school and RUNNING, too! That is great!!! Keep going! I added a few jogs to my a.m. walk and reading your post reminds me how much I used to like running before I couldn't do it anymore (I intend to get back there, though)!!!

My nine new Leslie tapes came today, but no walking belt. They are sending it, though. I had one of these before and gave it to the friend who told me I was a bad person and sent me emails for 36 hours complaining about my bad character. I doubt if I will ever see it again, so I really wanted the new one. I did the Walk Away Stress tape in her honor!!! :jig: :cb: :lol:

Got to go to work! Bye all! Don't forget WE CAN DO THIS BECAUSE WE HAVE THE POWER O' FIVE!!! WHO WILL WIN THE NEXT FIVE BAGS O' (VIRTUAL) GOLD FROM THE IMPERIAL STOREHOUSE?? Will it be Amarantha herself? Probably not, but let's all get out there and GO FOR IT!! (Ok?)

Amarantha2
09-05-2002, 10:00 AM
It is I, Elbertine Pep, personal trainer to royalty!!! :strong: :jig: Amarantha hath asked me to post her update on yesterday, which is that she finished eating at 1790 calories and managed two 30 minute exercise sessions. One of these was her new WATP, of which she bought nine. She pledges she will justify this expense by doing a Leslie tape each day (not just the new ones) until further notice and mix it into her exercise rotations. SHE WILL SUCCEED (I tell her) BECAUSE SHE HATH THE POWER!!!

Amarantha wanteth to remind all members of the Power O' Five that there is now a prize to all winners of this challenge, who will collect FIVE (that's 5-0) (VIRTUAL) BAGS O' GOLD from the Imperial Treasury of E. Amarantha each time they reach their challenge goal (adjustments and exemptions allowed at the discretion of each TEAM player)!!! WHAT COULD BE BETTER THAN THAT? :shrug:

So, yay team!!! Never give up that ship! Who's better than us? No one!!! :cb: WE CAN DO THIS!!! You bet! :hb:

Punkinseed
09-05-2002, 10:30 AM
Happy Friday-eve!

I fell off the wagon last night. Fell hard... weighed myself this morning just so I could see the gastly number and scare myself straight. It just may have worked because it showed I was up 4 pounds :fr: ... I have my day planned and will follow my menu written in my journal. I even left enough room for some popcorn to crunch while watching my 49er's season opening game tonight. :cb:

Kaylets - How are you feeling this morning? Better I hope! I think the Halloween thread is a great idea! For me it's not just the matter of candy but also a major Pagan holiday (new year) so it will probably be a food-fest.

Guinever - You passed up free :jeno: ?!?!?!!? :dancer:

Amarantha - What are these walking tapes?? I keep hearing about Leslie someone but I know naaahthing...

That's all from me for now, Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho,

Terri

Amarantha2
09-05-2002, 05:28 PM
Punkin: Leslie Sansone started making "Walkaerobics" tapes years and years ago ... had a studio in Pennsylvania (I think it was Pennsylvania) for this walking in place, anybody could follow aerobics program. These were the only tapes I could do when I was really overweight; I've been collecting them for years. They kind of mimic all the popular fitness crazes over the decades but interpret them through the Walkaerobics format. Some people on the fitness boards don't like Leslie (she talks a lot) and don't like the tapes because of poor production values, especially in the earlier ones. I find these things fun and Leslie motivating and I like the exercise, which incorporates upper body and strength moves as well. There are also some weights and/or toning tapes ... one is really strange with Leslie and crew sitting on floor doing bicep curls, etc.! Sometime, though, Leslie (along with Richard Simmons, The Firm and others, I guess) licensed ... or sold ... don't know ... their products and names to Goodtimes Marketing. Enough said on that ... the new tapes produced under Goodtimes are Walk Away the Pounds (WATP) and as in all Goodtimes ventures, they are marketed in kits, with stuff you have to buy even if you don't want them, such as supplements, etc. The tapes really ARE good and I like the old toning belt I had with earlier Leslies but gave away. Don't know if it will have the quality it had before ... GT has problems with that kind of thing and with charging people (including me) even when they try to NOT buy stuff! So that's why I said it's best (IMO) to buy the tapes from another source than Leslie's website. But they ARE good tapes if you enjoy this workout. Some fitness board folk think Leslie is too tame and turn up their buff noses at her, but all the Walkaerobics tapes (even the senior ones) can be done with greater intensity (e.g., double time, add jogs, heavier weights), etc. You could do them with your grandmother and each get a good workout.

Sorry for going on at length. The upshot is if she's your cup o' brew, the tapes are great. If not, you can trade 'em on ebay! :strong:

Punkinseed
09-05-2002, 06:05 PM
Hmmmm, sounds interesting Amarantha! Thank you!!

Terri

Kaylets
09-05-2002, 06:47 PM
Hello all!

I am feeling a lot better- not 100% but much better- havent had to stay home although I couldve easily taken a nap both yesterday and today. But thanks for asking!!!

I need to get back on the water routine- I knew I had not been drinking the usual amount but had a vivid reminder during a trip to the ladies room today. Its amazing how bright yellow can be a real warning signal.

So, because I wasnt eating much more than bread and wasnt getting in much water, I expect once I do feel better my body will say " resist, not enough food coming in" -- I am not stressing becuase afterall, I'm not feeling good but I really sense a "maintenance" week coming up. Or perhaps even a gain--
Funny how not eating can sometimes have the opposite effect.

I'll check in later

dollar
09-06-2002, 08:15 AM
Good morning ladies
Kaylets glad to hear you are feeling better. Well I just extended my vacation by one day my son is home sick from school so I have to take another day off "what a shame". I actually do like my job. Well we may have found the solution to my headaches and dizziness and just plain stupidness. I have been getting treated for high blood pressure for years well now that I have lost all thihs weight it has been coming down. After the accident they put me on a drug that tends to increase your pressure. Now that Im off of it my pressure is low and Im still on my blood pressure meds. So Im now trying to decrease them because one is a water pill and the meds can wash away your electrolytes so by cutting my water pill in half I already feel better. So hopefully this is the fix it and in time I should be off all my meds.
Remember what I said about too much water well this is very much the same thing the water pill removes more water from my system as well. Sure is nice to know that it could be something as simple as that and not from my head injury. Well have a great Fri and weekend folks I have to work all weekned so Im not sure I'll be here but have a good one.

Amarantha2
09-06-2002, 10:08 AM
Ok, Amarantha typed a long reply to Dollar and all Power O' Five members and the system saith she hath too many images, but instead of letting her take some out, it erased her typing!!! Urgh. She must work!! :)

Dollar: Glad to see you're getting your meds sorted out!!! Feel better and don't work too hard when you get back to the job. Hope your son feels better soon as well. :strong:

POWER O'FIVE: Elbertine Pep saith to KEEP THE FOCUS!!! We can do this! You bet! Those :dance: are history!!!

jusdoit
09-06-2002, 06:22 PM
Just wanted to pop in before the weekend to say "hi" and to soak up a little inspiration. Monday is my target goal day for the 1st 5. I will weigh-in then and go from there...................

Take care all :wave:

Kaylets
09-06-2002, 07:54 PM
Hello all!!

Dollar- Please be careful w/ those meds- Sometimes you have to be very persistent with the doctors- they do need be reminded what drugs we are taking -- they let us think they are on top of everything but they are too busy-- Some people feel like they are being rude or pushy and say " the doctor should know" - They don't know us as well we know our bodies-- I don't mean be nasty with them but be persistent nicely. We deserve it!!!!

Justdoit! Punkinseed and I also have a Monday weighin!!! Its almost like placing a small bet on a boring sports game-- Suddenly makes it much more interesting!! Makes some of those "why not" thoughts become "because of Monday weighin"

I don't have any expectations for this weighin because I have been off track with this stomach bug. Most of my appetite is back but still not getting all the water down--

So, here's to the weekend--

Tomorrow evening I'm attending a concert in honor of 9/11. The concert is 250 person choir backed up by our local symphony.
I am excited. Its at the Opera House. I plan on wearing a skirt, hope its dressy enough-- Tickets are less than $20 so I dont think I'll see any tuxedos.

Till next time!

Amarantha2
09-06-2002, 09:50 PM
Yo! Amarantha is way over her happy 1700s caloriewise! Hoping to stop at 2250 but feeling an urge to just go get cake or something. Likely won't. Exercise is at 40 minutes and going to do the Leslie challenge soon, mayhap! Still doing better than last week. Amarantha's weigh-in is Sunday and if she hath gained back the :dance: she lost, she will have to throw the scale against the wall and trample it into little pieces and take it to the landfill and bury it! So hope that isn't necessary. :fr:

Good luck to all who are weighing in on Monday! Hope everyone enjoys their weekend. Amarantha will miss the no guilt thread.

Kaylets: I think it's nice your local symphony is doing a special concert to honor 9/11. It'll be a good event to attend. Enjoy.

It has been a weird kind of day here. Maybe it's the double digits ... it's now 88 degrees but very humid. Amarantha really wishes to eat some sugar, lots of it. Hmmm.

Nevertheless, we carry on BECAUSE ... that's right, BECAUSE we have the POWER! WE WILL SUCCEED! How can it be otherwise because ... ? :strong: :hat: :cb: :cp: :shrug:

Kaylets
09-07-2002, 06:09 AM
Dh was getting breakfast together but we started talking and the onions started burning- we've decided to go out for breakfast before we go yardsaling-- lots and lots of yardsales in the paper so maybe will find some deals but for sure get some walking in too.

Empress A- Sugar has been callling me too-- Don't know why for sure but my coworkers have been inspired to bake at night and share in the daytime-- Apple pie on Thurs, Sugar cookies w. cupcakes on Friday-- To top it off, my job celebrated end of summer w/ a bbq and all everyone could talk about was how wonderful the cake was!! Sorry if I'm making everyone's mouth water, I'm just realizing mine is watering too!! I didnt go near anything, am afraid I might have hurt the feelings of pie maker, although she is following WW's too- She suggested "just make it a pie breakfast" and I said, " If I hadnt had breakfast already, you might have talked me into it" -- Good news is that the discussion in the group then turned to how lard makes the perfect crust-- that did help me resist--

The point of all that was -- You're not alone!! The sugar sirens are strong !! Shall we tie ourselves to the mast ??

Today's goal is to concentrate on getting the water intake back to at least 80oz.

talk to you all later

anagram
09-07-2002, 08:56 AM
Oh, that sugar song! And how well I know it. It was singing to me in the early part of the week but I don't hear it now. And the strange part is we bought lots of non-chocolate candy yesterday. On dh's new low potassium diet, he is allowed that and, it seems, little else. He's a chocoholic and that's no longer allowed so we are having an emergency supply of that and non-chocolate, non nut cookies. So far he hasn't touched either. Still blowing my mind that all the healthy stuff I was pushing was probably in recent months hurting him. Abd figuring out what he can eat is still tough. He's been a trooper so far though and since he can't eat so many things, I'm more able to eat less in sympathy (AT LEAST WHEN HE'S AROUND ;-) ).

Amarantha2
09-07-2002, 01:59 PM
Yipes!!! Lard pie!!! :fr: Yep, that'd do it for me, too, Kaylets! Wouldn't matter what was actually insidethe lard crust, just couldn't get into that! (Caveat: No offense meant to anyone who bakes with lard, likes lard, produces lard or otherwise is a lard supporter ... strictly personal opinion!) Now a pie breakfast sans the :dance: might be ok. I think I'd take 'em in an apple crisp made with just a tiny bit of sugar, apples and Grape Nuts. Yes, the only thing I DON'T miss about working at home is the coworkers wanting me to eat stuff! It was night eating in the newsroom in the midwest that set me up for the major weight gain I experienced before I came out here! Pizza at 2 a.m., pie in the a.m. before deadline, meetings with doughnuts and sticky buns, pitch-ins, etc. Yipes! :fr: GOOD FOR YOU FOR YOUR STALWART ADHERENCE TO THE CAUSE OF THE POWER O' FIVE, THAT BEING THE RELOCATION OF :dance: TO A RETIREMENT HOME FOR NO LONGER WANTED :dance:!!! :cp:

Anagram: GOOD FOR YOUR DH IN ATTENDING TO HIS HEALTH AND FOLLOWING HIS EATING PROGRAM!!! It is very hard to change ourselves and to give up what gave us comfort in the past! He's to be commended. P.S., can he eat carob products? It's not chocolate but kind of the same feel. Gotta watch the fat with that, but it's high in fiber.

Elbertine Pep is going on vacation! She's hiking around the world and promises to send dispatches back to Amarantha and the Power O' Five. EP has gotten herself into splendid shape for the hike. She hath 20 percent bodyfat and rock-solid triceps. She sent an email today from the South Empire o' Walking Poles, where she spent the night at the Royal Spa before starting out. She is walking to the South Shore through the Forest of Stalwart Stable Trees, which standeth through all winds and weathers and never, never give up their dreams (such dreams as trees have anyway)! :nono: She ate a breakfast o' high fiber Good Friends Crunch and a lowfat bbq sandwich for lunch and she is 60 minutes into the hike! She saith she walks in honor o' Artemis the Huntress but that she is hunting herself. EP gets like that sometimes. We just let her walk and saith, "Hi!" :wave:

anagram
09-07-2002, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the carob suggestion, Empress A. However the poor soul must also eschew high fiber. Does not sound of this world, does it? And he did love the bran muffins I occasionally made to induce him to better health. I leached some lettuce and peppers today so they may help as he loves his salads but must limit even those. Also froze some skinless boneless chicken breasts and calculated the average weight of each piece as he may have only 6 oz of meat per day. Methinks this is more of a pain than watching what I eat as I have to relearn so much. However it is in a most worthwhile cause and I am most rewarded if we can keep him at least as healthy as he currently is (he is out hitting that little white ball around). And if it does keep him off dialysis or at least off it that much longer, how glad I am to be able to do it.

Other than that, "a beautiful day in Central PA" (as a onetime local radio personality used to say). Walked earlier and forced me into paperwork instead of shopping. Heard from dear son that he and wife will be here for a few days over the next weekend. Not a real ticket to eat when they come because they both eat most healthily. Veggie lasagna and a large salad will be first meal to prepare. Both most healthy specimens. Never were they really fat but have trimmed away extra ounces and toned since their marriage. DDIL is in training for Marine Corps Marathon next month (may have mentioned that before somewhere) and has former couch potato ds doing hikes, walks etc. and sometimes a run (if there is beer involved).

Happy travels to EP. May she come back renewed and refreshed to help us harness the POWER OF FIVE.

Guinever
09-08-2002, 12:01 AM
ARRRGH!! Life crisis! I can't make myself eat right at school! I know I'm moving a lot more than in the summer because in addition to working out, I also have to run all around campus everyday, so obviously I'll need more calories. But at the same time, everyone around me is so into doing what feels good. AKA - eating 5, 6, 7 cookies, or an entire pizza. And I can't stand being around 7 roommates all eating a box of cookies and me wanting them so badly. Sometimes I can say no and get a graham cracker, but usually I either give in or I eat 4 or 5 graham crackers to compensate. What am I supposed to do? How can I be around all this food without cracking up? At least at home I could kind of regulate the food in the house, but here, I have no say over the other people in my house!

AHHHHHHHHHHH!

Genevieve (Feeling very frustrated! :mad: )

Kaylets
09-08-2002, 08:15 AM
Guinever- try to keep in mind that its only been a few days really in your new routine--New habits are like some new shoes, they pinch sometimes as you're breaking them in-- I give you TWO NO GUILT PASSES-- You will be fine- this is just a tiny detour and only temporary.

It wouldnt suprise me if at least one other roommate is struggling w/ the cookie issue too-- My bet is that if you told your roommates about the 5lb challenge, you'll find out someone else in the room is interested too-- maybe even more--

if so, perhaps you can plan a trip together to the store for better alternatives.

Are there any swimming, yoga, wgt trning, walking "clubs" "classes" on campus? Odds are, if there are, a beginners class might be starting or perhaps even a more experieced roommate might love to share tips --

Are you allowed a minifridge and microwave? Is bottled water your only option for good tasting water??

You might have to hide out in the library sometimes or "food free" zones--

Keep on stopping back, all of us are here for you!

Amarantha2
09-08-2002, 10:55 AM
Well, much as Amarantha would like to posteth a loss in the 5-pound challenge, she's only maintained this week!!! BUT she feeleth good and her clothes are looser and a DROP must be in the offing for her challenge deadline ... if not, well, we KNOW what can be done about that! (Deadlines can be changed). She hath had a good week, though not as low an average calorie count as she's aiming for. She's calling it good for the 21-day challenge anyway and is on week three of that. Average calories for the week: 1885, total exercise calories burned 2000, which is high enough. The Leslie challenge continues unabated!!! SHE IS MORE DETERMINED THAN EVER THAT SHE WILL LOSE THE FIVE POUNDS!!!! She meeteth Elbertine Pep at the South Shore o' the Ocean o' Determination later to take a walk on the beach and they will shout: "WOO-HOO! AMARANTHA HATH NOT GAINED THIS WEEK AND IS STILL IN THE RUNNING FOR THE FIVE BAGS O' VIRTUAL GOLD AND DOES NOT HAVE TO STOMP ON HER SCALE AND BURY IT IN A LANDFILL! :hat: :cb:

GUINEVER!!! It is so neat to follow your college adventures! Amarantha concureth with Kaylets, it's all going to fall into place and you're going to excel on all fronts, including the fitness/weight management thingie! Please never think that you are not in control; you ARE in control of the most important person in the equation: YOU!!! :wave: Soon you will be telling yourself: "I can do this; I can do this; I can do this!" :hypno: Because, of course, you can!!! Have fun! Amarantha will step down from :soap: now!

Guinever
09-08-2002, 05:23 PM
Hey Kaylets, Amarantha - Thanks so much! I really need to let off some steam the other night and coming here was definetly better than polishing off a box of crackers!

I totally understand everything you're talking about Kaylets, and I think you are right about me needing to get out of the house sometimes when the temptation is just too great - maybe I'll make it a habit to come up to my room and log on to this site when I'm in trouble.

And also, there is another girl in the house trying to loose weight, but she's not very smart about it - AKA, she only looks at the fat grams, she thinks just because it's wheat instead of white it's OK, you know the type - ****, I've been the type!. Plus, living with a house of boys with the melabolism of rabbits doesn't help when they have to eat about 3,500 calories a day just to stay alive!

I do go running at least 3 times a week, and only buy healthy food for myself. I think I'm going to try and put a total block on other people's food - no matter what it is they offer me, if I didn't buy it, I'll say no. That should make things a little more cut and dry.

Thank you guys so much, after I read your responses, I got right back on track!

Genevieve

Kaylets
09-08-2002, 06:39 PM
Guinever- I didnt realize this was a coed setup!!

This is a sad fact and not fair but here it is: Weight loss and gain is not equal for the two sexes...........

My DH and I are eating nearly the same things, day in, day out.
He has lost double plus some what I have. Early this summer, he did a lot more physical things than I could, ( put in a patio, dug up 2 gardens for me) but stiiiiilllllllllllllllll is double plus fair??

Your blocking plan has its good points-- here is something else to consider-- and what I didnt realize until I had a teenager living in my house- I'm not saying this is true with all young men but certainly know other mothers who tell me what happens at my house is not unusual behavior. To put it delicately: Many young men do not wash their hands except when they're in the shower.

Certainly has stopped me from eating something I know I didnt open, cook, etc.

Now, before everyone hollers and says, " Why do you let that happen!!"-- this child is DH's and didnt move here till he was 16. Besides which, I know for a fact, he wasnt raised that way. His mother's house is so clean you could eat off the floor of her GARAGE.

Anyway, you don't have to agree to still offer support to the other "dieter". (assuming the weightloss program being followe d isn't scary )--

And yes, come and post !!

Amarantha2
09-08-2002, 10:56 PM
Kaylets, that's bit about the hand washing would do it for me!!! :lol:

Amarantha hath finished eating at 1965 calories, with 90 minutes of exercise taken care of and the Leslie-A-Day Challenge taken care of. Elbertine Pep hath sent Amarantha a message from the ferry she hath taken across the Bay o' Determination in the first leg of her quest to go walkabout around the world. She hath looked out over the Bay o' Determination and been inspired to remind the Power o' Five Team that determination conquereth all and that those pesky :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: are HISTORY!!!

Hope someone hath an update soon, as Amarantha is getting anxious to post the list again! (She probably needs to get out more too and get a life)!

We can do this. You bet! :cb:

Kaylets
09-09-2002, 06:46 AM
Can't quite beieve it and maybe I'm dreaming !! So 'll post quick before I wake up------- 2 (TWO) more pounds gone!!!

anagram
09-09-2002, 08:06 AM
I'm so happy for you, Kaylets! Two More Pounds!

And that may be as happy as I get about weight loss this week. I don't weigh in until Wed. but I'm not expecting much progress (I should stay off that scale, shouldn't I?). However, I felt my WHOLE week was in control - I ate moderately, exercised and drank water. I very seldom feel A WHOLE WEEK was as it should be - well, at least in those ways - so I am happy about that and when this old body gets used to the new way of being, I'm sure it will retire a few pounds sooner or later. It is so fairminded of Empress A to allow us a flexible goal date. I may need to take advantage of that - I knew in my heart that my first five pound loss was a gift and that I don't usually lose that readily.

I continue to feel I am a more healthy person and dh has started calling me "baggy pants" so I count these as important achievements.

Our Empress sets us a good example in her moderate consumption and devotion to amortizing the cost of her new tapes. I look forward to more words of wisdom from EP expressing her new insights from the Sea of Determination and other places she might visit on her worldwide trek.

On a research note, I appreciate the review of the PopTart Stix (as I had seen their message on the demon box). When I crave donut, cookies, etc. I take to a SlimFast Meal. I know our Empress drinks SlimFast as do I (breakfast this a.m.). But I find the new Meals a plus for me. There are times when I feel no LITTLE snack will do anythig but lead to another and an escalation of calories. At those times, I have a SF Meal. It's 220 but really blunts the sugar craving. Sometime even a half works (or a half now and a half later if it persists). Working best for me are the oatmeal ones which taste somewhat like a spice cake (IMO or imagination). Anyway, the snacks don't work for me as I treat one like an appetizer to more and they mostly involve chocolate which is a trigger for me.

Off my chatterbox and on with my week. A good one to all!

MomTo2Boys
09-09-2002, 08:39 AM
Hellooooo.....Amarantha....how are you? I am sorry for not posting in many many days...ok more like a month or more....but I gave up on myself and figured there was no point in coming on here to post my failures....I am however glad to say I am getting ready to start back doing ww's at home......I just hope this time I can remain on it for more than a month or two......

How are all the others doing from our old group???

I cant stay long right now......I just shipped Jesse off to school and Kail and I are heading to Walmart to get a new scale for my new beginning......

Take care all...and hello to those of you I have not met yet!!!

LisaL

Punkinseed
09-09-2002, 10:33 AM
Good morning loosers!!

Well, if it hadn't been for last week's goof-off I'd have made my challenge, but alas, I must learn to be flexable since perfection is not my aim... I am down 1 pound, bringing me back to 4 pounds loss - just 1.5 short of goal my, which I am moving back just one week! Next Monday, 9/16 is my new goal date. I will do this!!

I spent the weekend finishing my carport and baking oodles of bread (banana and zucchini) NONE of which I ate until this morning! Quite a feat if I may say so! My back's all outta' whack again from spending 4 hours doing construction, so I guess I'll have to finally go see a chiropractor...

Kaylets - Congrats on those 2 pounds!!!!! I'm right behind ya' goal buddy!!! How was the concert? It sounds like it would've been wonderful.

Amarantha - Your hike sounds wooooonderful!

Anagram - Yes, your hubby's diet does sound surreal! But, if it keeps him healthy longer that's what matters - I wish you both well in adapting to a new way of life.

Guinever - I agree with Kaylets, hang in there! You'll eventually develope some ways of dealing with this - they mentioned the unwashed hands... well, I have another "friend" named Filbert (he's a bug) who likes to crawl on people's forbidden food and do nasty things on it. Yes, he's a figment of my imagination, but imagining a bug laying eggs on my favorite bridge mix cured me of eating it (5 years or more since I've eaten it). You can borrow him if you'd like - he's just been eating lint in my pocket for a few weeks now... ;)

That's all for now - I have my sights set on 1.5 pounds this week!

Terri

Amarantha2
09-09-2002, 11:13 AM
GOOD NEWS!!! GOOD NEWS!!! GOOD NEWS!!! Ahem! KAYLETS HAS CHASED TWO MORE POUNDS TO THE RESORT O' RETIRED :dance: :cp: That's a seven-pound loss overall, methinks, as Kaylets is on her 2ND CHALLENGE! Woo-hoo! Congratulations to :queen: Kaylets!

More GOOD NEWS!!! :queen: Punkin O' Friday hath chased away a pesky :dance:, bringing her to within ONE POUND OF HER CHALLENGE GOAL!!!Woo-hoos all around for the Friday Fancier and her bug Filbert!!!

Woo-hoos also go to :queen: ANAGRAM!!! She hath EATEN MODERATELY AND STAYED IN CONTROL for the week and HER EFFORTS WILL PAY OFF!!! HOW CAN IT BE OTHERWISE? Congratulations to Anagram!

HOORAY!!! :queen: MOM is in the house!!! :wave: MomTo2Boys, the group is here and on the 21-Day Challenge Thread and all are doing ROYALLY!!! So glad you are back to posting and congratulations for your new start with WW! You WILL succeed!!! Please join the POWER O' FIVE TEAM here if it pleaseth thee or the 21-Day Challenge. (Lots of us are doing both!) The Power O' Five are posting dates by which we challenge ourselves to lose five pounds. There is a prize for each successful challenge winner (FIVE VIRTUAL BAGS O' GOLD). There are no rules (e.g., you can have endless extensions and can do it anyway you want) but there is ONE caveat: If a gain occurs, Amarantha refuseth to update that on the list until a week hath passed BECAUSE it is likely water and who careth about that!!!?

Update FOLLOWS!!! Then Amarantha must runneth to the Dispatch Office to receive EP's latest news, as she reaches the SHORE O' NEW DREAMS today to continue her walkabout!

Amarantha2
09-09-2002, 11:19 AM

KAYLETS, 2ND CHALLENGE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 30, DOWN 2

bobsgal
09-09-2002, 12:45 PM
ok ladies, I think I'm going crazy. Yesterday when I got on the scale it said 260. Now that is 6 lbs in 1 week. Is that possible? I didn't believe it so I got on the scale again today and it still said 260. I mean it's great if it's true, but that seems like an awful lot considering I didn't really do anything differently. I was sick on Friday so I didn't really eat at all. It was also TOM, but I thought that tends to hinder weight loss, not speed it up. Somebody help!
I'm not going to update my signature just yet, do don't update my challenge just yet. I think for this month I'm going to keep doing what I've been doing and see what the dr's scale says on Oct 1 and go from there.
Steph

Punkinseed
09-09-2002, 01:27 PM
Steph! It's totally possible!!! If you question your scale that's one thing - but don't question it if you know your scale is good.

The more you have to loose the faster you loose it at first. It's not unreasonable to *occasionally* have these kinds of awsome losses - they're mostly water - but WHO cares????

More good news, the healthier you eat, the more water you drink, makes the whole 'time of the month' thing not affect your body *nearly* as much as it used to. You might not gain as much, or feel as puffy as you normally do!

WaaaaHOOOOOO Steph!!! :dance:

Terri

bobsgal
09-09-2002, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the info Terri. I know my scale isn't broke because it weighs everyone else in the family correctly. I was just floored to lose that much in 1 week. But I'll take it. I think I'm still going to wait and see what the dr's scale says before I set another goal. So I'll continue to do what I've been doing and update my weight on Oct 1 and go from there.
Steph

Guinever
09-09-2002, 01:44 PM
Yea Steph! I know for a fact that it is possible - especially if you did something out of the ordinary like get sick. Sometimes things like that just give weight loss a kick. So I say update that sucker!

As for me, thank you all again for all the support! I'm having a difficult time weighing in since I don't have a scale at my house, so I have to resort to using the doctor's scale at the gym while wearing all my clothing and shoes. How many pounds should you take off for a situation like that? I do 4 since I know my shoes are 2 pounds alone. Anyway, I know I've at least maintained since I've been here, maybe even lost a pound or two!

Punkinseed- your little bug idea cracked me up! :lol: I know that next time I'm having a temptation, I'll think about him whether I want to or not!

Genevieve

dollar
09-09-2002, 03:20 PM
Hey Steph you bet it is possible to have that kind of loss. It seemed when i first started that I would do the samething from week to the next and there it would be a nice 6lb loss and then I would have a week where I would loss 2 and then 6 again. So enjoy it anything is possible. Kaylets congrats.
Guinever, the school stuff is hard my daughter goes to college but lives at home and when she is at school the temptation is terrible when her freinds are eating burgers and chips. she found it very hard last term but seems to have got a hold of it this year. She just remembers how far she has come and knows she doesn't want to go back so she just eats what she brings. Just hang in there you can do it.
Well weigh in is tomorrow for me so i will post then bye for now.

bobsgal
09-09-2002, 03:25 PM
Well since everyone is telling me that it's possible, I guess I achieved my goal in 1 week. So I'll set a new one 5 lbs by Oct 1 to put me at 255. Again I'll see what the dr's scale says compared to mine. Thanks everyone!

Amarantha2
09-09-2002, 06:23 PM
Woo-Hoo!!! Bobsgal achieved her goal in ONE WEEK!!! That's a fabulous 6 :dance: down!!! Bobsgal, I'm on the run, but will update your challenge for five pounds by Oct. 1!!! I'm in total concurrence with all said above; it is TOTALLY possible to lose 6 pounds in a week and in a healthy fashion depending on certain circumstances. Of course, it's always good to check with doc, but I wouldn't worry if I were you. When I started my major weight loss journey, I lost five the first week, then three, then two, etc., for a long time. Sometimes we are losing fat but the body isn't quite ready to give up the water, etc., for awhile and that could account for it. If you're eating healthily and enough and your scale checks out ok, I'd say YOU DID IT!!! :hat: :cb: Woo-hoo! SIX BAGS O' (VIRTUAL) GOLD TO BOBSGAL!!!!

Hi to all, gotta run back to mountains in a sec after doing Leslie challenge.

Amarantha2
09-09-2002, 06:27 PM

BOBSGAL, 3ND CHALLENGE, FIVE DOWN BY OCT. 1

wsw
09-09-2002, 07:02 PM
hi everyone! congrats to all the losers!

unfortunately, i didn't lose anything in the past week---stayed the same. i stayed op though, so at least that went o.k. hopefully, next week the scale will reflect that a little more. hope everyone has a pleasant evening. take care.

wsw

Kaylets
09-09-2002, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the congrats all--

Punkinseed- 1 lb gone is 1 lb GONE!!

WSW- MAINTAIN is better GAIN!!

Bobsgal!!- What can I say--Amazing- !!

Good luck to any who weigh in tomorrow-

Here's a little question, no right or wrong answer to ponder --

If you were the only match as a kidney donor for someone in your family, but the odds were 50-50 you wouldnt survive the surgery, what would you do?

The first time I saw that question, I thought I knew the answer right away but the odds are frightening arent they? But then, maybe only scary as a hypothetical question--

:genie:

jusdoit
09-09-2002, 08:34 PM
Well....um.....er.....I didn't do so good with my 9/9 goal. I was back UP a pound today for a total of only 1 pound lost, instead of the 2 that's posted. :o Okay, there's only one thing to do and that's to make a NEW GOAL and FORGE AHEAD!!! So, starting at this morning's weight I hereby challenge myself to lose 5 pounds by Oct. 14. :strong:

Kaylets, congrats on TWO MORE pounds! Awesome!

Guinever, you have the recipe for success - running and buying healthy food - the weight loss will happen. I know this ;) .

Amarantha, a maintain is a wonderful thing and so are you :) .

Anagram, a.k.a. "Ms. Baggy Pants" that nickname speaks volumes more than the scale :D .

Punkin, good job on another pound down for a total of 4. :cp:

Bobsgal, you definitely deserve a party :hat: . Well done!!!

WSW, a good OP week and a maintain is a sure sign of a loss next week. Hang in there for the good news that awaits :) .

Oh, by the way, while my weight doesn't seem to reflect it (yet) I have been doing great with my workouts and that makes me feel good :strong: . I shall continue..................

Amarantha2
09-10-2002, 01:39 AM
Justdoit: You did a great job on your challenge! Your net loss was a :dance: you won't see again! When you add it into the five you're bound to lose in the next go-round, that's six down!!! THAT'S PROGRESS!!! :cp: :cb: :jig: And, anyway, if your :strong: are good, you probably gained some muscle, not a :dance: this week!

Kaylets: Actually, that question isn't hypothetical to me, as I wanted to give my brother a kidney, but he died shortly after everyone thought he had gotten well. We didn't really get along, but no question, I'd have done it. Don't even know if I'd have been a match. Never got that far with it.

It's an interesting line of thought, though, for those of us on a weight management journey. What about liposuction? It can be VERY risky (people die all the time from it, especially if they have massive amounts done) and it has no element of doing it for another person (unless one is kidding oneself that they're doing it for a dh or bf or something). So to be thin, would we take the risk? (I wouldn't!) P.S. No offense to anyone who has had the lipo, just thinking aloud! :)

List followeth! :cb:

Amarantha2
09-10-2002, 01:50 AM
P.S. Justdoit: You could be like me and carry over your loss to the next deadline! Kind of a rollover type thing! :cb: Remember, we are THE POWER O' FIVE TEAM and we MAKE OUR OWN RULES!!! Let me know if you want the pound on there again!!!

Amarantha2
09-10-2002, 01:53 AM

JUSDOIT, FIVE DOWN BY OCT. 14

Amarantha2
09-10-2002, 10:19 AM
Yo!!! Good-morning, POWER O' FIVE!!! (Robin Williams voice)

Amarantha hath received no word from Elbertine Pep since that pesky personal trainer debarked from the Sea O' Determination to the Land O' New Dreams. She thinketh EP is walking and repeating Amarantha's favorite mantra from "Aladdin" ... "New dreams for old, new dreams for old!"

Amarantha ended her eating day yesterday at 1670; did 80 minutes of exercise, some of which was a hike around lake in mountains where she was working! Very nice way to take a break! She traveleth today and her challenge is to do at least as good as yesterday, although calories can be higher if she wiseth and exercise can be less as she is tired.

She wisheth to remind the Power o' Five Team to continue to follow their fitness dreams as EP is doing! She wisheth to remind herself o' this twice!!! :listen:

WE CAN DO THIS!! :cb: :jig: :cp: YOU BET!!! :dance:

jusdoit
09-10-2002, 12:08 PM
Thanks Amarantha! I'll start fresh and go for the 5 so that (like you said) when I reach my goal I'll have 6 down. Now all I need to do is convince myself I can do it AND get realistic about the calories I have been consuming. I need to work on this :^: . I'd like to think that I've gained a pound of muscle instead of fat.....but I don't think that would make my pants tight around my waist :o .

I dragged my tired behind to the gym this a.m. for a treadmill run and weights. Now it's time to THINK before I eat for the rest of the day. I CAN DO THIS CUZ I HAVE THE POWER O'FIVE SUPPORTING ME!!!!!!!

Punkinseed
09-10-2002, 12:23 PM
Hello all! :wave:

Kaylets.... yea, that's not an easy one. It would depend a lot on WHO it was I suppose. I have family that hasn't seen or spoken to my family since I was 4 weeks old. For them? No, I don't believe I could. For the family I actually *know* - yea, I probably would. If I died imagine the karmic payback I'd get in the next life!!! :dizzy: :cb: (yes, it's all about what I'd get back I guess)

Amarantha - Ooooh, Robin Williams! Have you seen the movie trailer for his new one where he plays a bad psycho guy??? OMG, he scared the crap outta me!
Now, would I do lipo? No. Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck)? Abso-freakin'-lootly. I've already decided that about a year after I've lost what I want to loose, if my "apron" isn't vamoosed itself off my midsection, it's gone. Lipo is good if you're comfortable with it and have a genetic reason (inheriting Mom's saddle bags) where no exercise is ever going to work. I've seen my body thin - it's fine how it is. But after loosing and gaining I fear my belly won't bounce back this time. To me a tummy tuck is more than just an aesthetic thing - it's also a semi-health issue too when it comes to what happens to that fold - ouuuuuch!

I too would like to roll my 1 pound into my next challenge!!!!!
I, :queen: Punkin 'o Friday, would like to state my next 5 pound challenge..... I will have 5 pounds offa' my body by October 7th - the day before I leave for vacation!!!!! :cb:

Hugs, hugs,

Terri

anagram
09-10-2002, 02:00 PM
For my kids or grandkids, I'd donate a kidney in a heartbeat. Probably for dh too (and that question may not be totally hypothetical either given his current problems). A lot would depend on whether he was a good candidte for one which is somewhat doubtful. Nor do I think he'd accept if the odds were 50-50. No longer would I for my mother (she would not be good candidate anyway) and would have to give very serious thought to whether or not I would for sibs. At one time, that would have been "in a heartbeat" too but now would require more analysis. For younger neices/nephews fairly likely. Not a straight out answer.

I have a dear friend and neighbor who received a kidney transplant from his brother a few years ago. I'm sure bro did his share of thinking about it but when the subject first came up his answer was immediate (as was a third brother's). One was a better match than the other. However, the odds were not as high as 50-50 and they were a much better than average match. My friend/neighbor is the kind of guy who would never have hesitated to donate to either brother as well. Knowing how much they went through re screening etc, I don't the surgeons would actually do it if the odds for the donor were 50-50. At one point they were turned down at a crucial point when something relatively small turned up. They went to another team and hospital who said they didn't think it was relevant enough and went ahead with a very successful transplant.

dollar
09-10-2002, 04:24 PM
Your question about transplant, for my siblings in a heartbeat. you see I was adopted and in Dec 2001 my birth family found me I have 4 brothers (1 sister not yet found) 1 of the brothers died at age 3. Have met the three other brothers and I would give kidney to either of them no matter what the odds. The rest of my family yes in a blink of an eye I would give them one also. I would be so afraid after not having my brothers in mylife at all growing up I wouldn't want to lose them. Well time to go for weigh in I'll be back later to let you know how we did.

Kaylets
09-10-2002, 06:43 PM
Oh my, how long has this warning about advertising been up where you post your reply? Did we do that w/ our discussion about the pyramid??? Empress A--- what do you know about this??

Crazy, wild, rollercoaster kind of day - almost like a thriller where as soon as you think you know what's going on, something else hits you from a completely different angle. Documents "supposedly" piggybacked in a fedex were delivered- everything was in the fedex but what I needed and client needed it NOWWWWWWWW-- but-- in all that ( yes, its true, I did see a silver lining not but 2 hrs after things calmed down) I was on my feet, moving,. and didnt have a chance to think about putting anything in my mouth - it hurt the water intake but we can fix that now--

Who mentioned Robin Williams new movie. He is a very special favorite of mine. There are only a few of his movies I didnt like (popeye) -- I am excited -- the reviews I've seen give him very high marks. Did you see Insommnia yet? I havent but didnt hear much about it; don't know if it was a weak film in general or just weak at the box office.

Empress A - I almost came looking for you last night- Was on the soapbox on another thread on another board. The topic was"
Has your life really changed since 9/11" I actually stayed up late posting. The general consensus was that most people felt that no, their lives were the same, that yes, 9/11 was sad but that they were tired of the "constant media attention". I tried to point out that using the word tragedy makes us forget 9/11 was an Attack- on all we know and enjoy.
I got a little carried away and was called on it ( I shouldnt have generalized that if the terrorists win that women were in danger of losing our basic right to education).
I had to post an apology early this am because I was too general. And I know I was wrong. The entire MidEast doesnt have the same beliefs.

Subject came up again at work (during the rollercoaster ride) but I kept my mouth closed. Now as I'm typing, NJ and DE have taken additional alert measures: NJ w/ National Guard, DE w/ law enforcement. and now I hear VP Cheney is in hiding.

Most of you know me has the first one to enjoy the humor of a situation-- but my anger about the attack on 9/11 has never been far below the surface. And I really hope that I am in the majority. A comment I saw last night said, " The terrorists arent' waiting for complacency, they were trying to start a war" I understood that comment to suggest , tried to get us to their part of the world. Or maybe I don't understand the comment at all.

I am way too long- sorry all--

One of many things I plan on doing tomorrow is lighting a candle that will burn outside near my front door. Similiar to last year, I think a week after 9/11. I will light mine about 7:30 pm est when its starting to get dark. I invite you to join me or to light yours about the same time your time zone. A symbol of unity.

jusdoit
09-10-2002, 07:37 PM
Kaylets, I don't even know how to articulate what I feel about 9/11. I've heard many people say they're tired of all the hype, etc., but I don't think it can ever be too much. WE WERE ATTACKED! It's not like a natural disaster that's tragic, but we can get over it. This week I've been wearing a red/white/blue ribbon pin in memoriam. It's not much, but it's something. I had lunch with 4 friends today and I found it interesting that the subject never even came up. I'm so afraid that we are already forgetting and we are letting our guard down. And as long as I'm rambling, I don't think anyone who has never been to New York can have any idea of the magnitude of what happened. 17 SQUARE ACRES and THOUSANDS of lives. Wow! I only lived in the City for about a year, but I was overwhelmed by it's power. The thought of something so magnificent being brought down by terrorists is more than I can bear. And I realize that it's about the whole country not just NY, but NY is the greatest symbol of our country and its freedoms.

I'm so sorry I have rambled, but Kaylets made me do it ;) . Seriously though, thanks Kaylets for sharing some of your feelings about this horrendous anniversary.

anagram
09-10-2002, 09:02 PM
I don't see any warning on my reply screen.

We plan to go to a candlelight vigil tomorrow evening starting at seven. Don't plan to watch any tv tomorrow because I don't think I can stand to see that plane hitting the tower again.

chocolate
09-11-2002, 08:10 AM
Greetings, all! I moved over to this thread from the Labor Day one, because I felt silly to keep posting in an old thread! I lost again this morning -- 1 lb. -- so now I'm only .25 over my "low" weight that I was right before TOM struck. I am currently in a support group of over goal WW staff and at yesterday's meeting we issued our own challenge. Here it is:

Our Winning Outcome is to be down 8 lbs. (each, lol!) by our November 8th staff meeting. Here are the steps we'll take to reach our goal -- 1) Weigh in each morning and record it. 2) Exercise 4-5 times per week, 30 minutes minimum 3) Journal daily and save to share at support group 4) email each other weekly to check our progress.

I personally have lost 9 lbs. over the past 7 weeks, so I think it will be attainable for me as long as I stay focused. I am looking forward to posting here and getting support from you other "losers"! :^:

Amarantha2
09-11-2002, 11:03 AM
Hi, guys! I did not get back home until 2 a.m. last night. Did really well on my eating during traveling, walked a half hour in the mountains also.

Greetings, Chocolate!! Your WW challenge sounds like it will really get results. I think WW is a great program. It's great to have you on the Power O' Five team!!! Do you want to post a challenge for the list here ... we mostly do five pounds but could put you down for eight by Nov. 1 if you want? Whatever thou desireth shall be done!! CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NINE POUNDS DOWN!!! :cb:

Kaylets: I've always seen the warning on the reply screen, but it is now in red. I wonder if the Leslie tape discussion occasioned it? Probably just a general thing, but then I don't see why it's not on everyone's screen. I am going to email Suzanne and ask. She's very nice and I don't think she'd mind. I would never be involved in spam ... I just shared my liking for the WATP tapes but have no interest in whether anyone buys them!!! :) I don't see that the food pyramid discussion could be construed as advertising ... just the wanderings of the minds of weight watchers! :lol:

Re the media ... I'm one of them, so guess I'm not objective on that head, but I can't really see how 9/11 could be covered too much as it was a major event that I believe has started what maybe will become the third world war. I also agree, though, that this is exactly what the parties who advocate war and hatred want to happen. I remember that this board is an international one and try to remain objective, but I do support my country and it's decisions, though don't always agree with every detail or every expression of them. But I think 9/11 went beyond nationalism with its implications and I think this is a sad anniversary.

And, in all honesty, :queen: Kaylets, you have every dang right to express any opinion you want to express in a discussion, 'cause that's what freedom is about! So go to it, kid, and climb on the :soap: any ol' time!

To all, I wish you a safe and peaceful day! Emp. A. will returneth tomorrow!

We didn't do much with it in the papers I work for.

Punkinseed
09-11-2002, 12:10 PM
Good morning all and blessed Patriot's Day...

Kaylets, we're all passionate about what happened in the U.S. We were attacked and the loss was tragic, but to keep referring to it as a "tragedy" solely does rob the event of the magnitude of devistation both emotionally and literally and the fact that it was done TO us by another human force - this was no "accident". The 7.1 earthquake in '89 in California was a tragedy, the events of 9/11 was an act of terrorism aimed at destroying us. Big difference.... Ok, now I too will get off the :soap:.

I noticed the advertising warning a few days ago. I don't believe it had anything to do with us talking about the pyramid - we weren't trying to sell it! I think the warning is for people who come on here saying "I did XYZ and it worked for me! You can buy it by calling......" or something like that. Saying we've used a product is one thing - trying to hock it to others on the list is a :nono:

Also, that was me that mentioned Robin Williams - I LOVE him, but the last 2 rolls have been creepy! First Insomnia (which I haven't seen yet) and now the film about photo finishing. I think it's awsome that he's expanding his skills, it's just a bit creepy to see Mrs. Doubtfire threatening people!

Chocolate - Welcome to the group! I think it's awsome that you have a WW staff meeting for those over goal. I was a leader for almost 3 years. When I started going over goal no one said anything. If anything the other staffers wanted to give me a fake weigh-in - that didn't help! I loved working there though, a lot of fun...

Well everyone, guess I should get some work done! Kaylets, I'll be lighting a candle with you tonight. I put out my flag this morning too.

Big hugs all... :grouphug:

Terri

anagram
09-11-2002, 12:30 PM
On the movie Insomnia, I have seen it and I think Robin Williams talent is wasted in it. He was, of course, excellent in his role but there's something off, I'd guess in the direction of the film. The story was interesting enough but the way the film comes together is confusing and just not well done. Maybe it was the editting. Anyway, nice scenery, basically ok story, but you get the feeling they left out some parts and then overplayed others to try to tell the story. Williams does not even enter into the movie until so late I thought I must have been mistaken that he was going to be in it. His character was a major mover in the story but his actual on screen time is small.

anagram
09-11-2002, 12:34 PM
OK, now I see the red warning. I was using quick reply.

I weighed in this a.m. and was barely able to eke out a "maintain" for the second week in a row (after having been pleasantly surprised the two prior weeks).

I have had about nine days straight of plenty of water, at least moderate exercise every day and no binge-ing, and calorie restriction. I may have reached a point where I will have to do some restructuring but for now I think I'll just stay with what I've been doing and see if eventually the scale moves - DOWNWARD, THAT IS - IT'S DONE IT'S SHARE OF UPWARD.

Amarantha2
09-11-2002, 03:48 PM
Amarantha hath still not come back from walkabout! I was going to take a break from posting but am addicted, it seemeth.

I did PM Suzanne and asked about the warning. She saith it was "not poptart related (lol!)" ... and the Leslie discussion was fine since I wasn't selling tapes. The warning had always been there in blue, she saith but she put it in red to make it more visible! She saith she would clarify it on the reply page and I see she hath done so!

Anagram: Congratulations on MAINTAINING!!! That's eventually what all weight management programs come down to in the end, so it' ALWAYS A POSITIVE THING!!!

I had a walkabout in the mall as I am consciously NOT working today ... hard to do when you work at home 70 percent of the time. Met up with some cookies and a hot dog, but didn't do too much calorie damage.

:grouphug:

Amarantha2
09-11-2002, 03:55 PM
Re: Insomnia ... haven't seen it, but I never go to movies anymore! Thanks for the points of view on this, as I had been interested in maybe seeing it. I think RW is an interesting actor but I don't find him funny anymore ... odd.

dollar
09-11-2002, 04:44 PM
Well ladies good evening, My heart goes out to all who were touched by 9/11. Here in Canada we mourn those Canadians that lost there lives. Has it change my life no not really, makes me think a little more about living for the moment but that is all.

Well I weighed in last night I was down but just .2 but that is ok with my meds being tampered with I wasn't surprised. My daughter lost another 1.4 so she is feeling great. She was going out to a big event at her college tonight so she went out and bought herself a new outfit, she looks great in it and she feels great in it. It has been a long time since she really liked how the clothes she was wearing looked on her. Well I have to go into work at 7pm tonight to work on my special project,and then go back in to do my regular work in the morning and back in tomorrow night for the project it will be that way for the next few days. I had better go and get some more work done around here so I don't have to do it in the next couple of days because I fear I will not have time. Take care all I may not be here for a few days but I will post when I weigh in next week.

Guinever
09-11-2002, 05:33 PM
Hey all! Well, I'm still not sure what I weigh (I don't have a scale at school) but on the good news front, I went shopping with a roommate yesterday and everything I tried on was a *size 10*!!!! :dizzy: Yea! I've been working towards a final size of 8 (probably around 150-160 pounds for me, I'm tall) but I never really thought I'vd get to size 10. I was always one of those girls who just said I was a natural size 12 when I'm really not....although, I do have an unnaturally large ribcage :) Maybe that's why I'm a singer - big lungs.

Genevieve

Amarantha2
09-11-2002, 09:02 PM
Hooray for Dollar and Daughter, too! Dollar went down .2 and that's .2 of a pesky pound that won't be around by her next weigh-in, I'll bet!!! :cp: Daughter went down 1.4 pounds and BOTH mom and daughter are feeling great! Dollar, I'm going to update you on the list for .2 on your challenge!

Guinever, too, has GOOD NEWS to share ... SHE HATH REACHED A SIZE 10! :cb: :cp: :hat: ... That's great Guinever; you are almost at your goal! I'll put a notation re the size 10 on the list, since you are scaleless!!! :)

Amarantha hath not come back from walkabout, but called on her cell phone and said she hath ended her eating day with 1740 calories and hath had 100 minutes of exercise to her credit and the Leslie-A-Day Challenge continueth unabated.

Amarantha2
09-11-2002, 09:06 PM

DOLLAR, 2ND CHALLENGE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 24, DOWN .2

GUINEVER, 2ND CHALLENGE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 14*
*She hath no scale but is in SIZE 10 now

Amarantha2
09-12-2002, 10:48 AM
Yowza! Yowza! YOWZA! Power o' Five Team! Amarantha hath still NOT returned from walkabout, so I, Elbertine Pep, am calling in this dispatch from my extended hike across the COUNTRY OF NEW DREAMS FOR OLD, located in the CONTINENT OF NEW DETERMINATION! It's a big continent, filled with hills and valleys and the terrain is often rocky. But there are beautiful little towns here where happy villagers are living out their dreams by following the philosophy that when life hands them a lemon, they make lemonade. This gives them a high vitamin C intake as well as the stamina to WORKOUT on a regular basis and cook healthy meals for themselves as they go about their business.

Upandaway: How's it going? :cb: Do you want to post an update on your challenge for THE ROSTER O' THE POWER O' FIVE (aka, The List)? Hope all is well. Reporteth in if it please you! :)

Punkinseed
09-12-2002, 12:21 PM
Happy Friday eve!!

I'm staining/sealing decks tomarrow & Saturday!! :cb: Oooh, the joys of home ownership... I'm so looking forward to rain & snow - yea, I'm crazy. It's going to be in the mid 90's today though!

Anagram - You hang in there ya hear?? ;) All that working out is going to pay off eventually!

Dollar & daughter - Congrats on your losses! Big or small, we'll take 'em all!

Guinever - You GO girl!!! How exciting! I remember getting into my first "special size" - I was in a Fashion Bug with my best friend and I thought I was gonna cry! You're SO close! :dancer:

Emp. Amarantha - E. Pep has informed us of your awsome taming of the calorie! :cp:
Could ya' would ya' change my goal to Oct. 7th? It's technically going to be 6 pounds since I'm rolling my measly last 1 into the next one - I wanna keep going NOW! So, my goal would be to be at 225.5 by 10/7 - WOW, that would be so cooooool!

Kiss-kiss, hug-hug,

Terri :moo: *snort*

Amarantha2
09-12-2002, 01:28 PM
Will, do, :queen: Punkin O' Friday! List followeth! Have fun sealing! It not only WOULD be cool, BTW, to reach your goal, it WILL be cool, because you cannot fail! You have the Power O' Five!!! (And the Power o' Friday, too!) :cp: :cb: :hat:

Amarantha2
09-12-2002, 01:32 PM

DOLLAR, 2ND CHALLENGE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 24, DOWN .2

GUINEVER, 2ND CHALLENGE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 14*
*She hath no scale but is in SIZE 10 now

PUNKINSEED, SIX DOWN BY OCT. 7

Kaylets
09-12-2002, 06:59 PM
Punkinseed, you're going to stain decks without inviting us???
And I thought you liked us!
:D :D

Empress A-- Just sinking in the double meaning of your spreadsheet -- "Initative " -- I think you mention it on the 21 day thread but I just had a light bulb moment.

Guinever-- Smaller sizes are very motivating-- and Exciting-- somehow makes the loss so much more real. Its so easy to forget what it was like lugging around the extra weight.

although, this evening DH and I went to a different Chinese restarurant and the booths were very tight. And I did think, another 30 lbs or so and I wouldn't have been comfortable and maybe wouldnt have fit in the booth.

Chocolate- I saw you sneak in! Glad to see you!

Dollar-- don't forget the Empress' s maintain rule. And Maintain means NO GAIN.
It must be exciting for your daughter too. Good for her

Who did I miss? Not on purpose of course.

So, what's with this theory I hear about how its easier to drink more thru a straw?? Any thoughts??

Amarantha2
09-12-2002, 07:16 PM
Hmmm. Did I miss some new theory? What's the straw thing? :listen:

POWER O'FIVE!!! We are an inspiration to ourselves!!! Let's go out there and win one for ... US! Ok? Ok! :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb:

anagram
09-12-2002, 08:36 PM
Ok so I didn't lose for two weeks. However, I did buy one outfit and it is a size smaller and feels comfy (maybe the fabric). Then I dared to try on a pair of pants from way back when and fit into them nicely too. The top fits but would look better with a little less belly (what wouldn't?). Had an outfit on yesterday that I've been wearing but with the top open over a tee because when I buttoned it up there were some strange bulges here and there. This time I wore the tee but buttoned up the top halfway and - TADA - while there are still bulges, they're not so strange and it all worked well. DH also proclaimed those "baggy pants".

My PLAN is that next week when hopefully calm will reign again I will begin to try on what's in my closets as I go from summer to fall clothes and see what more surprises await me.

So I've forgotten all about not losing and am persisting. Ate moderately, exercised, drank water, etc. And with the help of THE POWER OF FIVE, I am focussing on positive things.

Amarantha2
09-12-2002, 10:06 PM
WTG, ANAGRAM, :queen: o' Baggypants!!! :cp: Clothes fitting loosely! Focusing on the POSITIVE!!! You are on the Path to the Power!!! Woo-Hoo! :cb: :hat:

Amaranth hath been seen marching home from walkabout. She's singing at the top of her lungs: "Pounds o' fat get outta town! We don't want those pounds around! Woo-hoo, woo-hoo! Pounds o' fat ...!!!" Little :dance:s have been seen running for cover as Amarantha strides by with her walking poles. They know they DON'T have a chance with the Power O' Five folk in town and are packing their bags for the :dance: resort as fast as possible!

:dance: :cb:

Kaylets
09-13-2002, 06:10 AM
Aren't baggy pants, shirts, etc, the best?? Of course, you can only wear them so long- or you just look silly.. but it's so much fun to be reminded- My watch band is sliding now and its a pleasant reminder-- don't expect it to slide much higher up my arm but we'll see! I keep a pair of size 24 jeans out in plain sight in the bedroom. One day when I was sliding into outofcontrol land I tried them on. Made me remember.

Going to start the water extra early today and at least have that as a cushion in case the bottle remains frozen to the desk top again.

take care all!:genie:

Amarantha2
09-13-2002, 09:53 AM
Yo!!! Baggy stuff IS wonderful! I've lost little weight on this challenge, but my clothes are much looser and that's gotta mean something's going on!

Ended yesterday on the high side with 1985, which brings my initiative average a bit higher, but that's cool, too, because it'll just be another great challenge to take on. Did 85 minutes of exercise.

Amarantha's CHALLENGE FOR TODAY: Remain positive in all she does and says and believe that everything she does and says will have good reprecussions and augment my fitness for life in the long run and believe that all things are for the good, though she can't see exactly how at every moment!

Elbertine Pep is out of range of cell phones somewhere in the Continent o' Continuing Determination. She hath been spotted by the happy villagers of that fit and healthy land, muttering to herself: "New dreams for old, new dreams for old," and striding onward with walking poles at the ready. She appeareth as always to have 20 percent body fat and is reputed to be eating only healthy foods to fuel her walkabout.

Ok, Power o' Five Team, let's get out there and fight, fight, fight for fitness and happiness! WE CAN DO IT!!! You bet. Here's a banana! :cb:

Punkinseed
09-13-2002, 10:53 AM
Friday, Friday, Friiiiidaaaaaaay!!!! :dancer:

Interesting discovery while walking to work today... I'm wearing a long knit/jersey material dress and I noticed the "swish swish" of my thighs was MUCH quieter!!! Hehehehe, oh, the little things make me happy!!
What's not making me so happy is the new pucker of fabric on the tops of the cups of my bra. WHERE do the girls think they're goin????? Probably the way of the rest of the fat on my body I suppose...

Kaylets - Come on over!!! I have extra rollers and you can kill the spiders. Last night I moved my planters and pressure washed the decks - then killed the biggest black widow I've ever seen. I said "sorry girl" first... I always feel so bad - I AM in their territory - but when it comes to them or me, I'm sorry to say, they are going.

The amazing shrinking Anagram - Well, I guess that goes to show that we can't always rely on the scale to show our progress!

Amarantha - I believe having a positive outlook is 1/2 the battle! If you believe you can, you will. If you believe you can't, you're right. Go Empress! :cb: Go Empress! :cb: Go Empress! :cb:

Big hugs to all!

Terri

Guinever
09-13-2002, 12:26 PM
Yea for baggy clothes! And a HUGE yea for Friday! It's the first big party weekend of the school year so I'm sure to be out dancing all night in my now all the more alluring "whore clothes" as we call them. Hee hee, no, not really, yes - dancing all night, no - acting like a freshman and wearing practically no shirt to some frat party. So it should all be pretty fun.

So I hope everyone has successful weekends (I know that it's my hardest time). Let's all get out of the house and do something fun! I'm going to the food coop to get all my vegan foods that you can't get at Safeway!

Genevieve

Kaylets
09-13-2002, 05:51 PM
Q Punkinseed- I'll be right there- I 'll bring my big flyswatter.

Now this is what I've been wondering about Elbertine- Is she a recipient of a big trust fund or an endowment or --I realize she's
attached to the Royal family but I am curious.

The straw theory is only that its easier to get more from a straw. It might be neater now that I'm thinking about it but that's all there is to the theory. I did buy some straws but my water bottle was too big for the straw.

Need to start some laundry- the laundress is awol again!

Punkinseed
09-13-2002, 06:00 PM
I use a straw in my water too. I find that I do drink more water than just chugging it from the glass. The ONLY problem is that I have to babysit my cup because my cats steal the straw out of my water! I find it weeks later under the couch or my bed all chewed up. Strange kiddies...

I'm starting to wonder about Elbertine Pep too - she sure does seem to have a LOT of the same benefits as Empress Amarantha. Perhaps she's the love child of the previous ruler thus IS related to Amarantha???? Hmmmm...:chin: does make one ponder doesn't it?????

Off to stain decks!! Have a great weekend everyone!

Terri

Amarantha2
09-13-2002, 11:12 PM
Hmmm. I feel it's easier to drink more faster without a straw, but then in Arizona in the summer we have to get plenty down in a hurry sometimes! :cb:

Amarantha hath ended her eating day at 1650 calories and exercised 55 minutes. The Leslie-A-Day Challenge continueth, although Amarantha hath inadvertently done One Mile for Abs twice, since Leslie tapes seem to resemble each other and multiplieth like rabbits! :jig:

Elbertine Pep is related to fitness instructor Elbert the Pirate and the famous nutritional expert and cook, Elberta Crone, who are retainers at the Imperial Fitness Spa, South Empire, where Emp. Amarantha oft resides. That branch of Elbertine's family does spring from mysterious roots, so who can say what other sources of income Elbertine may have besides her employment as Amarantha's personal trainer and as fitness director at the Imperial Fitness Spa Bootcamp, Forest o' Fit Folk, South Empire.

It is believed that Elbertine may have a side job making exercise videos under another name.

Amarantha2
09-14-2002, 07:42 PM
Yo! It's the weekend; it's the weekend; it's the weekend! Elbertine Pep is still lost in the Land O' New Dreams in the Continent o' Determination! She WILL find her way to the other shore, which is that of the Sea of Fitness Focus! EP plans to SWIM across that sea in record time because she hath the Power O' Five and knows she will reach her goal if she persisteth!

:grouphug: :wizard:

Here's hoping all POF (that's Power of Five, not Pounds of Fat) members will reporteth in this week with happy news or the steel of new determination ... to all members in absentia, COME BACK!! (or not as it pleaseth you! :)) There's FIVE VIRTUAL POUNDS O' GOLD for each FIVE POUND CHALLENGE WINNER!!! :cp: There are NO rules! Make your own!!! JUST JOIN THE CAUSE AND SEND THOSE :dance: POUNDS PACKING FIVE AT A TIME!!!! Woo-hoo! Report, report, report those :dance: dancing away! Whatta you say? Can we do this? YOU BET!!!

We will now return you to your regularly scheduled program. :angel:

Kaylets
09-15-2002, 09:05 AM
So are you saying that Elbertine is using an AKA??? Does Elbertine have very curly hair? and wear oversized T shirts?

Could it be?

Amarantha2
09-15-2002, 09:19 AM
YO!!! POWER O' FIVE TEAM, PLS POSTETH ON "FIVE-POUND CHALLENGE #5" HENCEFORTH!!!

Sorry to shout and hope no one mindeth the liberty of starting a new thread, as this is SEVEN pages, many of which are Amarantha's ramblings and she apologizes for that. We try to stop her and tell her to save those typing fingers for stories she gets paid for but she saith she likes talking to the Power O' Five more! It is too early for her weigh-in but she will post that on the new thread!

:queen: Guinever, if you see this, can you update Amarantha on your challenge date ... realizing thou hast no scale so we can just change the date and keep posting your progress updates (such as reaching SIZE 10 ... you could have a different goal for each challenge like this that would equate to five pounds), as Amarantha would be CRUSHED if you dropped off the list because she feeleth you are an inspiration to her and she liketh reading about your adventures in school and your determination!!! So please update poor Amarantha so she be not crushed!

All others who have dropped out o' sight, please also come back with an update, as all :grouphug: members are needed to strengthen the resolution o' the Power O' Five! Woo-Hoo!

Over and out! Post not here, ok?!!! Come on over to the NEW thread. Be there or be square! :cb: