Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-18-2010, 02:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 202/160/135

Height: 5 ft 6 in

Default Dreams, subconscious, life changing?

Have you ever had a dream that just completely changed the way you felt about something?

For example, I feel SO HAPPY today. Over the last few weeks I have had acupuncture which I swear has unlocked some blocked energy/feelings I have been carrying around for years and years and years. I think this is part of it.

Over the last few days I have been reading certain blogs and getting inspired and having mini-epiphanies.

The night before last I had a little epiphany about the double chocolate donuts I like. I usually let myself have one once a month due to period issues (I'm not a chocolate eater, but once a month I really crave one of these). I got home from work late at night and started thinking about the chocolate donut. I started to panic because I thought "oh my god, I'm going to get one tomorrow". I started to feel pre-guilt and panic thinking about this stupid donut.

Then I stopped and thought - what the ?????? I imagined the innocent donut just sitting there inanimate and having absolutely no idea what I was going through and started laughing and thought "this donut doesn't have ANY power of me!" It's like when I'm scared of an ant or something - it's ridiculous!!

So last night I dreamt that my boss came into work and started cooking plate and plates and plates of food with racks of lamb and cakes and it looked like a buffet. I asked her what she was doing and she said that because she was struggling with her weight she didn't want to cook all that stuff and leave it at home because she would eat it. She wanted to bring it to work so that everyone at work could eat it instead.

So I started to go to eat something because I felt guilty that she said that and didn't want to be rude, and then in my dream I realized "I'm not hungry AT ALL. in fact, I'm thirsty". and I went to the fridge and got a glass of water.

I woke up this morning feeling amazing. It was like, that attitude I usually have over mindless eating, or eating out of politeness or guilt changed a little, and even showed up in my dream!

Have you ever had a dream like this that changed things?

~CGH~
choirgirlhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 04:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 266/216/166

Height: 5' 1"

I have to say, I don't think I've ever had any of those dreams. Nothing changes really.
One of my teachers said that if you dream something three times, it's important and you should know more about it. The whole dream thing just made me think of it.

Last edited by bunnythesAINT; 03-18-2010 at 04:15 PM.
bunnythesAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 03:33 AM   #3  
Dream BIG to be small!

S/C/G: (kg)75/74/46

Height: 159cm 5"2

wow i need to have one of those dreams too.

i read somewhere before that if your dreams are actually events or emotions you had mixed up into one. Or it could be you getting in touch with your deepest, locked up emotions and feelings.

Maybe you've finally come to terms with your true relationship with food?

=)
unidestiny is offline   Reply With Quote