Old 03-15-2010, 11:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/135/130

Height: 5'2"

Smile Perfected the cheesecake...

So, I have to putz with recipes until they are perfect, for me. The cheesecake recipes TASTED okay, but i hated the rubbery texture...so to the drawing board I went. This is the technique I have used for BOTH the Amazing Cheesecake and the Double Chocolate Cheesecake recipes.

In my food processor, I start the cottage cheese processing. While that's going, I put ONE TEASPOON of the Knox in the hot water and stir it until it's as dissolved as it gets...then, while the processor is going, I slowly pour it into the cottage cheese - this makes it REALLY smooth.

Then I just kinda throw in the rest, spoon it into 4 creme brulee dishes, cover with plastic and into the fridge it goes...it comes out amazingly smooth and creamy, not at all "gritty" like it was before, and not rubbery like Knox Blox...

Let me know if it works for you!
katwmn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 283/199/157

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by katwmn1 View Post
So, I have to putz with recipes until they are perfect, for me. The cheesecake recipes TASTED okay, but i hated the rubbery texture...so to the drawing board I went. This is the technique I have used for BOTH the Amazing Cheesecake and the Double Chocolate Cheesecake recipes.

In my food processor, I start the cottage cheese processing. While that's going, I put ONE TEASPOON of the Knox in the hot water and stir it until it's as dissolved as it gets...then, while the processor is going, I slowly pour it into the cottage cheese - this makes it REALLY smooth.

Then I just kinda throw in the rest, spoon it into 4 creme brulee dishes, cover with plastic and into the fridge it goes...it comes out amazingly smooth and creamy, not at all "gritty" like it was before, and not rubbery like Knox Blox...

Thanks for this Katwmn. I did not like the texture of the cheesecake so I am excited to try this!

Marianne
champagneblond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

WOW! Thanks for the info. The first time I made the chocolate one it was all rubbery, in fact there were large chunks of gelatin that were just icky.. I think I can make it again now with this new information.. It would have been good if not for the huge knox nasty chunks..

Cheers!
Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 152/135/130

Height: 5'2"

Yeah...I didn't like the rubbery texture - it was just nasty. I'm eating the chocolate cheesecake for breakfast this morning and it has a thick, pudding texture to it...yum!
katwmn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

It is almost way to yummy.. I have to be careful cause I would eat the whole thing which is what got me here in the first place lol/ But I will make it again using your instructions..

Cheers!

Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:36 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 170/148/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by katwmn1 View Post

I look forward to trying your method.
porchmom84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:55 AM   #7  

Good idea! I HATE the smell of gelatin mixed with hot water- puts me off the whole meal all together. I usually omit the gelatin and make an individual serving of the cottage cheese/lemon juice/lemon HNS/Splenda/cinnamon concoction in the food processor for lunch. So delicious! Tastes like cheesecake yogurt.

I do like how gelatin makes it all light so I'll have to try your method.
NotaFatBride is offline   Reply With Quote