Alternachicks - LesBiAlternachicks and Friends

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : LesBiAlternachicks and Friends

soozie
09-02-2002, 09:11 AM
Decided to start a new thread since the old Lesbian Mom thread was getting so big. For newcomers, this is a thread that tries to welcome lesbians who want to lose weight, of which I am one...mostly, straight women who feel a spiritual connection to my lesbian self come here to visit and usually stay for awhile. Some of them have lesbian sisters-in-law or friends or are bisexual or just feel amused by the lesbian who keeps this thread going wondering where all the other chubby Lesbians are hiding out.

Long ago another woman who actually identified herself as a lesbian dropped by...but, alas, she never returned.

So, welcome to alternachicks and welcome to the lesbian thread. To learn more about all of us check out the meet and greet.

Wanttolosealot
09-02-2002, 09:34 AM
Hi Soozie
See you have started a new thread for us all. Not sure if i mentioned this or not before but I am BI, ( am very chubby also-fat to be exact, but working on it). Hopefully this will draw in more ladies!
I am glad you had a nice week at the beach, were there many cute chicks hangin out on the beach. So has your daughter started back to school yet? My kids start back on Wednesday, PARTY!!
Take care!
Virginia

ellis
09-02-2002, 10:50 AM
Hello darlings... here is the token homophobic. :lol: (that's a joke... you picked up on that, right?)

Soozie, I'm glad you had fun at the beach! Maybe you should ask Mauvais to close the other thread.

Mauvais? Could you close the other thread please sweetie? Don't delete it... just close it. ;)

Hey Virginia, my kids start back tomorrow! I can't wait! I feel like I've had house guests for two months who never pick up after themselves!

Ruthxxx
09-02-2002, 12:31 PM
Hey! Can I be a Friend? I am just as homophobic as Ellis.

Don'tcha luv it? :D

barefootgrrrl
09-02-2002, 12:56 PM
Soozie - Thank you for starting this thread. The law of averages tells us there's gotta be more of us around the 3FC community.. :)

Virginia,

Are you familiar with any bimarried women's online support groups or websites? I would like to find a simpatico group of kindred spirits who are travelling the same path..... the issues can be so complicated :( The closest local group is about 30 miles of HEAVY traffic away from my home.

terrigrrrl - wearing her little rainbow flag :)

" They're hoping soon my kind will drop and die,
But I'm gonna wave my freak flag high, high.
Wave on, wave on
Fall mountains, just don't fall on me
Go ahead on Mr. Business man, you can't dress like me."

- Jimi Hendrix

Sojourner
09-02-2002, 01:12 PM
Just dropping in to offer my support and welcome any lurking soon to be newcomers.

:spin:

Wanttolosealot
09-02-2002, 02:07 PM
Hi Terri
No I am sorry I do not know of any right off. I have a friend who goes to PFLAG and think I may start going with her. Have never had anyone to go with before, and hate going to new things by myself. But why cant we start our own right here! Or PM me and we can be candid if you like. It certainly can be complicated, and the support of friedns always makes life that much easier doesn't it?
Virginia

soozie
09-03-2002, 12:31 AM
Hi girls.
BTW Virginia, congrats on the weight loss...you go girl!!!!!!!
Virginia, Terri, Ruth, Ellis, and Sojo...thanks for dropping by...Bi????
Ruth and Ellis, We will do our best to help you recover from your narrow worlds...you both live such innocent and sheltered lives...its no wonder your both homophobic...to anyone reading this who doesn't know Ruth and Ellis,
the above was complete sarcasm...Ruth and Ellis are actually as unhomophobic as one could be...even though Ellis failed an online test...
Ellis, maybe it was just test anxiety????

My DD starts kindergarten on Wednesday! I can't wait. Then I have no excuse for not returning to the gym...except that I feel like an jerk because I haven't been there in months...not sure when I was there last.

Oh well, lots of stuff to do and it is getting late.
Talk to you soon,
Love, Soozie

hey Kat, I know that you're back, where are you??

ellis
09-03-2002, 10:53 AM
Listen Soozie... I think even YOU would have failed that test! It was too weird...

yeah... where the heck IS Kat?

I don't know of any support groups for you bi girls, but I've got a heck of a lot of activist sites if anyone is interested...
Let's see... ummm
environmental
homosexual
feminist
political
corp-bashing
anti-GMOs
the list goes on...
what do you want...?

dentrassi
09-03-2002, 12:05 PM
ALL I WANT IS SOME PEACE!

JUST GIVE ME SOME PEACE!

Ruthxxx
09-03-2002, 01:54 PM
AND THIN THIGHS!

barefootgrrrl
09-03-2002, 07:18 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you women are too much!

ellis
09-03-2002, 08:28 PM
I have nothing for peace. That's completely out of my league.
And thin thighs? Are you kidding? My thighs look like 60 pound bags of potatoes. Or really big socks with marbles in them.

soozie
09-03-2002, 09:56 PM
Ellis, stop, you're turning me on....:lol:

Ellis, how about the site where you took that test??? Do you remember where it was. I'd like to take it and see how I do.

Tomorrow is the big day...kindergarten. As I reread my last post here I thought, checking out all of my typos, maybe I should go back to kindergarten with my kid...couldn't hurt, relearn how to read and write, snacks, coloring, games, field trips, unfortunatly they don't nap, how awful. In the olden days we had a nice nap period in kindergarden. The teacher took out the cots and we'd all take a nice rest. Today's kindergarteners are so beyond that...oh mother, my daughter would remark, how terribly passe, why we gave up napping months ago.

Talk to you soon Ladies.
Love, Soozie

ellis
09-03-2002, 10:48 PM
Here it is. I just did it again, and I tried to do it "differently" this time, but the results were "inconclusive" because I had too many errors. (I was trying to deliberately be biased FOR gays)
I don't get it. Am I stupid? Am I doing it incorrectly?
http://www.tolerance.org/hidden_bias/index.html

I'm too irritated to take any of the other tests. I'M NOT BIASED!!! I LOVE my gay friends and relatives! (for the most part, more than I do the straight ones!)

We used to have a special "nap towel" that we'd keep at school in kindergarten. I had mine until I was in my mid-20's. I still don't know where it went... it just never wore out.

dentrassi
09-03-2002, 11:58 PM
Okay, I went and tried to take the test TWICE, and both times my computer froze as the results were being tabulated. So does that mean I hate EVERYONE? Or does that mean everyone hates ME?

Soozie-Congratulations on DD starting kindergarten tomorrow!! Kids say the darnedest things, as they say. I've been told, "Mom, your farts sound like Rock and Roll." (SERIOUSLY!! I had to bite my lip to stop myself from laughing!!) and I have ALSO been told I'm STUPID!! Of course they aren't mutually exclusive......

Ellis-We brought in rugs. Mine was shaped like a dog. Couldn't sleep then either. I remember lifting my head and looking around at all the other kids asleep on their rugs!!

Wanttolosealot
09-04-2002, 09:01 AM
Ellis,
That is the stupidist test I have ever seen. It was obviously placed there by someone who is very homophobic. All the answers are geared towards the outcome being very negative. Geez, I am bisexual and according to that I am homophobic.
I dont think so!
Virginia

barefootgrrrl
09-04-2002, 09:13 AM
ok, mine turned out to be: strong preference for straight people. go figure.

:lol:

I will try to find and post some links I have for the "how gay are you?" tests - those are really funny because they usually incorporate all the typical stereotypes - toolbelts, lipstick...you can figure it out from there!

I think my score usually comes out something like 75% straight:lol:

Soozie - hope you take pics! :) it's an exciting day!

my daughter's first day of middle school yesterday was harrowing to say the least........ she was expected home before 3:30.

She is now old enough to come home instead of daycare - and even at that - only 2 days a week, because I work from home the other 3 days.....anyway....... by 3:50 she had called neither my husband nor I - so we panicked and left work. Turns out there was a huge car wreck on the highway near our home - and a large section of the highway was closed. Traffic was backed up on alternate routes for miles. We were both trying frantically to find back roads that would link to our street - all while getting stuck in the worst traffic. I was sweating bullets. As I sat at a traffic light, it occurred to me that - duh! - her school bus must be trapped in the same traffic and that's why she wasn't home either.... then I calmed down a bit - it took me an hour - to drive the 7 miles from the office to home. Just as I pulled in the driveway, I saw her walk to the door - relief! she had just gotten in and my husband was right behind both of us.......so it all turned out ok.....but sad to learn that 2 teenagers died in the accident.

Hoping for a better day today..... by the way, she needs us to buy her a folder with brads....any school teachers here? what is a brad? ( are they those brass fastener thingies?)

have a great day all.........terrigrrrl

Wanttolosealot
09-04-2002, 09:22 AM
Oh my gosh Terri
You must have been terrified. Between you and , was it Chris's son that feel asleep on the bus, the two of you must be wrecks and the first week of school is not even over yet!
Hopefully, mine make it through the day without and major mishaps.
It is very sad when you think of the two teens sho lost their lives. Very tragic!
As for the brads, never heard of them.
Have a good week everyone!
Virginia

ellis
09-04-2002, 11:07 AM
Terrigrrrl, you must have been FRANTIC! I'm so sorry that you went through that. And so very sorry about the two girls who died. :(

Listen girls, I'm really glad to hear that I'm not the ONLY homophobic one here!! :lol: I was really worried about that test... convinced that in some way I was really a gay basher and just didn't KNOW IT!!
I don't know what's wrong with those idiots that made the test... I may write in and complain. Thank you for the support. :D

When I dropped my daughter off at school yesterday, it seemed as though it was going to be the day from **** for her. It's a new school, and we moved her there because her best friend went there last year. Turns out they'd accidently put her into a grade 7 class instead of an 8, which was going to mean a horrible run-around for her, AND her best friend has some new friends now, and practically snubbed my daughter! I felt like grabbing her and saying, "LOOK! My DD tried to commit suicide last spring, and she doesn't need this from YOU right now!!"
Anyhow, when DD came home from school, she was all aglow... she'd made new friends plus had joined up with some old friends she'd found from her baseball team last summer. What a relief!! AND her dearest friend from her other school had come over after school to see her... and he's coming over again tonight. (they're writing a book together) Life is good. :)

take care all...
going to have a coffee...
xo

Wanttolosealot
09-04-2002, 12:23 PM
Ellis
I am so glad things are working out for your daughter and school. It is great she has a loyal friend. Where would we be without them.
I have good news, I went to my Dr today for the yearly, hated theing- Pap smear. She said everything looked good there, and she weighed me on her scales, and I am 11 pounds lighter on hers than on my own. Not sure how that can happen but very glad it did. 253lbs, according to her. My blood pressure is fine, and was pleased to hear that I am quiting smoking.
So all in all, I had a good visit. Please, as Chris has been advising, don't put off a visit to your Dr. I am thinking I may join TOps again, was a member a few years back , but was not as serious about it as I am now. Will, check in later! Hubby home for lunch.
Virginia

ellis
09-04-2002, 01:25 PM
My hubby came home for lunch too! This is getting to be a habit on his part. It's cutting into my quiet time, but I AM grateful that he's not having an affair in his lunch hour! :lol:

Virginia, that's great news re: your appointment! And congratulations on the weight loss. That's a big accomplishment. Let your motto be, "Forward!"
:D

I really MUST get to the doctor MYSELF.... grumble grumble...

Wanttolosealot
09-04-2002, 04:18 PM
Hey ladies
I have made the choice to join TOPS again. I was a member a few years back, but never really stuck with it. However, I figure where I am not doing to badly I will give it a try again. I am going tonight, so we will see how it turns out. Will post tomorrow and let you know how I made out.
Virginia

katrinabgood
09-04-2002, 04:23 PM
I was going to try to read and catch up on all the dirt I missed while I was gone...too daunting a task...I could barely get through this one and now you want me to be taking tests?!? I tried, three times...the first two times some ad kept popping up that prohibited me from going any further...every time I tried to close it, I'd close out everything. Determined to go on and prove meself as the non-biased, non-homophobe that I am, I tried again. This time the computer froze before I could even do the &^%#$@ thing. SUFFICE IT TO SAY, i DON'T NEED ANY DAMN TEST TO TELL ME HOW ME HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU PEOPLE! SOME OF MY BEST FRIENDS ARE GAY! I LOVE FLANNEL! I LOVE RAINBOWS! (I just don't like that little purple Tele tubby guy, or any of them for that matter) okay?

Now, let's move on, shall we?

We had a great time in Maine. Made a trip "across the border" to Nova Scotia...how lovely, simply lovely. I want to go back and stay there for a week. We managed to do and see a lot in the two weeks and still relax and enjoy the wonderful weather we had...I'll have to share my kayaking story another day. :o...no time right now.

I'm finding it very hard to get back in the the swing of things...housework, meal planning, DIET/EXERCISE! I gained about 4 lbs while we were gone...thought, "ah, I'll get that right off and then be back on track."

HAHAHA...not!

Tomorrow is the first day of school...yay! I feel like I'll muster up some sort of schedule for myself once they're gone. Like back to the gym, for instance. Come on, Soozie, let's get our butts back in there...nobody cares how long it's been since the last visit...just as long as you pay that monthly fee...

I really must get off my keester, go forth and be productive...One of these days I'll catch up on what's happened in Alterna-land...like how was the dim sum? how is Christina doing? did any more lesbians show up? I'll get up to speed, I promise...

See you all later, chicks!

:wave:

squeaker
09-04-2002, 08:46 PM
Ok so I tried to take that silly test and it came back inconclusive. I am not really sure how it was suppose to test anyway. The ones I got wrong was because I forgot they had switched the "gay"/"straight" headings to the opposite side. I had a bunch of gay guys as friends in college and thought they were a blast. The only time I cared who they were attracted to was when I thought "hey they are cute, nice, and fun, why can't my name be Mike?" :p

Anyway I guess I join the "homophobic" group in here. :lol:

soozie
09-04-2002, 11:02 PM
I still have my nap blankie that my mother made for me for kindergarten! (a piece of floral flannel with blanket satin on the edges)
Thought my kid would love it and she attached to a spiffy blanket from gymboree instead...oh, well, what can you do?

I took the test, came out neutral on the gay and lesbian thing, came out as having a slight preference towards darker skin and a slight preference for arab muslims. Whatever that means.

Interesting site, thanks Ellis!!
Goodnight girls. Love, Soozie

ellis
09-04-2002, 11:47 PM
Kat, WELCOME BACK!!! Glad you had a good holiday!
It's obvious to us that you would fail the homo test, so don't even bother trying again. ;)
We want to hear the kayaking story!!

Squeak, welcome to the homophobic group! :lol:

Soozie, I think you'd just better rename this thread! This is ridiculous!! :D
What do you mean you came out neutral!! How can that be!? WE FAILED!! Are you lying? Maybe they've changed the test...
Oh, I almost cried when I read about your blanket. I had my "banny" until I was about 18. It smelled so good. I used to just hold it under my nose and "inhale" the fragrance. Mine was pink knit with a satin edge. :)

Sojourner
09-05-2002, 01:09 AM
Ellis, my darling nephew and niece both have blankies that they LOVE and they are both obsessed with the way they smell. Cracks me up.

barefootgrrrl
09-05-2002, 11:52 AM
my daughter still has her blanket from when she was an infant and it has always been a battle trying to get her to let us put it in the laundry........she is attached to the smell.........

I'm sure the psychologists have an explanation for this :)

I never had a blankie, but I sucked my thumb until I was 8...........hmmm what does that say about me! LOL

I remember dragging the cots out after lunch and playground time in kindergarten :) our sweet teacher, Mrs. Curley, used to bake cookies for us and we would wake up to the smell....

great memories.......... :)

Terrigrrrl

katrinabgood
09-05-2002, 05:06 PM
Whoa! Deja vu! I thought I was the only one who got off on the "smells" of our security blankets! Actually, mine was a pillow, I used to sniff the corners...my family swears I was 12 when I stopped...I'm not sure...I denied it to them for so long, I'm not sure how old I was! I used to lie in bed, reading and sniffing my pillow...the smell was wonderful! Maybe I should take that up again instead of eating!!

Anyway, here's my kayaking story, ellis...

There we were in Maine...feeling adventurous, and surrounded by water, we decided that KAYAKING would be a fun thing to try. how hard could it be? We signed up for a 6 hour session that included instruction and then time on your own to practice our newfound skills. Bright and early we showed up to be literally sized up and fitted for wet suits...uh oh...here comes trouble. I'm feeling some trepidation at this whole process. Here are these young kayaking studs assessing body size and passing out the suits accordingly. Ready to bolt, I saw another woman that would be in our group with a bigger A$$ than mine and I felt a whole lot better! YES! I KNOW that's mean!!

Trying to squeeze my ample proportions into an XXL wet suit was a sight to behold, I'm sure. No modesty here, we're all in the little shack together pulling these atrocities on. It was cute, I'm sure, watching me tuck my skirty bathing suit inside and then trying to zzzzzzip. (By the way, the reason I know that my suit was an XXL, is because my son had to remark, in wonderment, at full volume I might add, at the size. "Whoa, Mom...xxl? Wow." Thanks, hon.

Once the suits were on, the life vests go over that. Not the big bulky orange things...these compact, tight, zip up numbers that had me so constricted I thought I would swoon. After THAT, goes the skirt...well, the apron, that you pull over the opening in the kayak to keep your lower half dry. By the time we are suited up, I am sweaty and spent and we are nowhere NEAR the water!

Once we got going though, it really was fun. We were taught allthe basic strokes and proper positioning for executing these strokes. My biggest fear was tipping...which my son did about 8 times...some I KNOW were on purpose. DH tipped once when we were out in deep water and we're pretty sure he broke a rib trying to get back in! Instead of bringing him to the shore and getting in that way, the instructor is trying to show him how to straddle the kayak and hoist his body back in...something snapped and hit against the buckle on his life vest and really hurt him. He hung in til lunch break and then passed on the afternoon session. He is still in pain, a week later...the stench of BenGay in bed at night could kill ya!

Let me tell you girls, this has GOT to be one of the most serious calorie burners known to man!! It is hard work, but it's fun. Towards the end, I was starting to lag behind. I wasn't struggling, mind you, I was just meandering. I was enjoying the scenery and the sun and the fact that I was actually doing it! I guess I wasn't keeping up well enough for "Ward," who offered me a tow. Horrified, mortified and just plain ol' embarrassed, I politely declined, saying I'm fine, thanks. I guess old Ward didn't believe me and hooked a tow rope to my kayak. I'll be damned if he was going to have to actually PULL me, so I had to work that much harder to keep that line slack!! It didn't help when I/we pulled up along side my daughter, who asked "What's wrong? Are you OK?" I was a little snippy with her because I was pissed off at Ward...had to apologize later for whatever I said....It was worse though when we pulled up next to my son..."HEY MOM! HOW COME YOU'RE BEING TOWED??????" ...cringe...Thanks, Ward.

All in all, it really was fun and quite exhilarating! Despite my embarrassment at the huge wet suit and the "tow job" I was proud of the fact that I actually did it and didn't follow my initial thought of, "No way, I'm too fat." I figured that I will not let this weight be an excuse for missing out on anything. I've spent a lot of time waiting to be "thin enough" to do whatever. No more. Life is to be lived.

I copied and pasted that from another thread I post on...no time to hang around...I have to get my butt out of here and off to the orthodontist with my daughter...

I think by next week I'll be back into some semblence of a routine...still getting used to being back at work and not sleeping all night...:p I miss that sleep!

See you all later, chickies...

Sojourner
09-05-2002, 05:49 PM
My husband and I have spent a couple summers learning how to whitewater kayak. Now there is a sport sure to scare the fat right off of you!! :yikes: I actually love the sport but now that I have gained more weight it is too difficult to roll my kayak upright... this is sort of a VITAL skill when spinning upside down underwater in the middle of rapids, strapped onto a little plastic boat that you wear like a long skirt. A few weeks back I took my boat out onto the lake to see if I still fit into the stupid thing. I was relieved that I could still get into the spray skirt and the actual kayak (these things are a tight fit) but was horrified that I could not roll the kayak due to... ughhh... well... the rolls of fat on my stomach. :o I am definately going to lose this weight just so I can take up the sport again! I would love to take up sea kayaking... we live within a few hundred feet of a huge lake and it would be wonderful just to go paddling whenever the whim strikes. Either that or I am going to take sailing lessons next summer. There is a non-profit sailing club in the area that offers lessons for cheap.

See... just another motivation to LOSE THIS FLAB!!

ellis
09-05-2002, 09:11 PM
Kat, you're killin' me. :lol: I KNEW you'd have a good story for us!

I've only canoed and rowed, but I'd LOVE to get a kayak. A friend and I were thinking of buying one and sharing it. He went on the Dragon Boat races in Ottawa this year. I may do it next year. When I'm sleek.

Hey girls, I joined the YM/WCA today! My super-fit 77 year old mom came with me, and we did a workout together. She usually goes to a different Y, but she LOVED this one, and may join me there a couple of times a week.
We just did a little free weight routine, and then tried out a whole bunch of the exercise machines. It wasn't a big work-out, but I could hardly walk afterwards. I AM ON MY WAY TO BECOMING SVELTE!!!
This time next year, I will be in proud possession of a fine set of "before and after" photos!!

HEY!! I just figured out why Soozie did so well on the test!! It's because right from the start, they ask for your sexual orientation!! It's rigged!! I betcha if I go back and do it again as a lesbian, I'll get a better mark...

I just ate a LOT of food, and slept all afternoon. But I worked out! Hmmm, I didn't have any coffee today... I think that really screwed me up...

hope everyone is fine.
Soozie, how's little DD doing?
hugs everyone!
xoxo

dentrassi
09-05-2002, 11:31 PM
HI ALL!!

Ellis-CONGRATULATIONS ON JOINING THE Y AND WORKING OUT!!!!

One of DS #2's friends came out to him today, and I am proud to say he was as supportive as I tried to raise him to be!! Unfortunately some of the other friends weren't.....

soozie
09-06-2002, 01:50 AM
Hey girls, no time to write but I'm still here, will check in tomorrow. Love, Soozie

Wanttolosealot
09-06-2002, 08:41 AM
Way to go Den, you are a good mom, and your son sounds like a chip off the old block. Some kids can be very cruel, so that boy is very lucky to have your son as his friend.
Virginia

ellis
09-06-2002, 09:07 AM
Yes, Den... you're a very good mom! You're raising your sons well. Please set one aside for my daughter. (we'll arrange the details later, heh heh)
xoxo

dentrassi
09-06-2002, 10:18 PM
HEY ELLIS!!! THAT'S ONE WAY FOR US TO GET TOGETHER!!!!!!!

ellis
09-07-2002, 09:14 PM
Okay, Den. Ummm, who pays for the wedding?
Oh good grief!! My little girl just had her first period and we're talking about SEX!!! blah!!!
Okay, I'll save her... she can get married when she's 24. I think that's a reasonable age. By the way, she doesn't want to have any kids, so don't expect to get a grandmothership out of this. And she wants to be rich, so make sure your sons get good jobs. hahahahahahaha... geez, can you believe I SAID THAT!? I'll get her into medical school right away. No, LAW SCHOOL!!!

Notice how that Lesi chick says she'll be right back, and then we don't hear from her FOR DAYS!! Soozie... are you okay sweetie?

barefootgrrrl
09-08-2002, 10:40 AM
My daughter reports in from middle school.......

things have changed in 20 years LOL - she says there is a group of gay boys in her school that are out and have formed their own clique. I got a chuckle out of it when she mentioned that they all wear the same backpack - Spongebob :)

I asked her if there was a group of gay girls - she says no.......hmmmmmmmm he he

then she hands me a list of family life education topics they will discuss this year - at the top of the list: how to prevent STDs. I asked her if she knows what an STD is.. sure she says - it's like AIDS. So then I sign her up for that topic and she then says..."Mom, HOW DO YOU PREVENT AN STD?" - so she got my version prior to the school's version.....

raising a child is very interesting LOL

and yes, Ellis......I can't believe you said that :) :)

I tell her my daughter we are preparing her to row her own boat.

Have a great day youwonderfulwomen

barefoot terri

:dizzy:

katrinabgood
09-08-2002, 12:06 PM
Oh soozie-QZ...woman for whom this thread is devoted...where the heck are you?
Lost in the Pine Barrens?
Tracking down more luscious lezzies?
Don't hate us because we're straight!

dentrassi
09-08-2002, 05:58 PM
Okay, the only time in WEEKS that I didn't copy and save my post, and it got wiped out. AARRGGHH!!!!

NEWS FLASH-My sister has passed the inspection process of her adoption, and will probably be getting a refferal in Oct. or Nov. That would be a picture of a baby and the medical records. If she accepts that baby she would go to Guatemala to pick up the baby next spring when s(he) is about 6 months old.
She has been trying for so long (in vitro first), and I am so happy for her!!! She went garage saling yesterday and started collecting baby items!! This will be my first time to be an Aunt, so I am thrilled for myself too!!!

Ellis-1)Your daughter HAS to be a doctor or a lawyer, cuz my boys want to sit around the house. 2)They can pay for their own damn wedding!! 3)We'll all be moving in the day after the wedding!!!........have you changed your mind yet?.........We'll be the in-laws from ****!!!! (hee hee) You know, just because we like each other our kids will probably HATE each other just to make things difficult!!! Right now 15 yr old wants either to have his band take off, or to be a biologist!?!!!!! The 12 year old goes back and forth between designing video/computer games in the basement, or becoming powerful enough to take down microsoft!!! So EITHER they will be living at home at age 40 or they will do VERY well!!!

barefoot-It is always good getting your own version in first. Especially when your school district's take on everything is...JUST SAY NO!!! I've been telling the boys for years that THEY are responsible for protecting themselves.

Soozie-WHERE ARE YOU? WE MISS YOU!!!!

ellis
09-08-2002, 06:45 PM
Den, I'm so happy for your sister!! Does this make me a cousin? Can we have, like, a family reunion?

Hey, speaking of Guatemala, I'm trying to follow the news on the little Maria twins that were separated last month. Is there anything new and interesting? I want to see pictures of them moving around and looking at each other!!

The in-laws from ****... uh huh. Have you seen that movie? I THINK it's called The In-laws. With Peter Faulk and whatsisname...

Okay, I'll get my DD to become a fat lawyer, and your son can bear the children. That way EVERYONE will be happy. ?

mauvaisroux
09-08-2002, 06:49 PM
Mwahahahahaha:devil: I just took that on-line test you have all been complaining about and my results came out as being in slightly more in favor of homosexuals than straights(or whatever the wording it was they used).

Hee-hee, guess that is why I keep getting hit on by women. :dance:

Seriously though, that was a pretty bad test. I don't understand why you get a mistake when you associate certain words with the keys. Why can't you associate the negative words with the picture of the heterosexual couple? Maybe be just I didn't get it?
Maybe I am jaded because I worked in a family law office and got to see the sordid details of people's divorce cases so the heterosexual couple's wedding picture triggered a subconscious bias against straight couples:lol:

Okay! So those drop-down ads are really getting on my:censored: nerves now! I was typing away and then I suddenly couldn't see my post! :mad:

Well Bi, er I mean bye! I am off to read the handbook now;)

Sojourner
09-08-2002, 07:46 PM
About the test...

I think what they are actually testing is the amount of time it takes your brain to transition from one association to another. In other words, if you click hetero with the hetero couple then a positive word comes up and you click good... they measure the time it takes for your brain to go from the concept of hetero to good. Then when the gay couple comes up and you click the right word "gay" and then a negative word comes up... they measure the time again. If you show a pattern of quickly going from "straight" concepts to or from "good" concepts but have trouble transitioning from "good" concepts to or from "gay" concepts... OR you quickly go from "gay" concepts to or from "bad" concepts... you may have an underlying bias. Get it? The first time I took it I came up with a strong preference for heterosexuals (the lesbian test). The second time I took it, I had an inkling how they were testing, and I came up with a slight preference for homosexuals (the gay male test). Of course... I really do like gay men and are friends with many and I really don't know any lesbians... so who knows. I could be totally wrong on how they are testing us, but if you go back and don't rush the test and click your answers at an even pace or pause at the right times you will see what I mean. Clever.

:chin:

ellis
09-08-2002, 08:19 PM
ah! I see what you mean, sojo! Well, I'm not doing it again. I think I was thinking for too long. Like Mauvais said, I couldn't figure out why they were associating homosexuals with some "bad" and vise versa.
I could easily be gay myself, so I won't set any store by it. ;)

It's funny, Mauvais... I don't always GET those pop-ups!?

Wildfire
09-08-2002, 08:24 PM
Hey, I just tried the test, got all the way to the end, and was rewarded with a black screen. That's all. Just black, empty, nothingness. Does this mean I need a shrink? :dizzy: I am devoid of feeling? Should I be concerned?

ellis
09-08-2002, 08:35 PM
Yeah, it indicates a severe case of homophobia.

barefootgrrrl
09-08-2002, 10:42 PM
mauvais........

I've become jaded too and only
really noticed this when I started working from home 3 days/week.

On the days I'm at home, I sometimes have the TV on in the background, turned to a cable channel with real life stories, you may know the one I'm talking about.

A few times a day they run the "Wedding Story" and show tales of real life couples, how they met, the details of their wedding.......and it's all sickeningly sweet and traditional.......

sometimes I throw my flip flops at the screen and start yelling to no one in particular........" It's not about the flowers! It's not about what your families think......!!"

"True love is when you've got the flu, you're getting sick all over the place, he's holding the bucket for you while tissuing away your tears, then he runs to the store to buy you some ginger ale, runs upstairs with a tall glass of it and still tells you you're the cutest thing"

Ok, I'm weirding out here - must be time for bed.

As I was typing this, I kept getting the pop up msg about the food pyramid and obesity........what's up with that??

terrigrrrl

dentrassi
09-09-2002, 12:53 AM
Wildfire-I can relate, I have tried 3 times now, and each time my computer has frozen a few seconds into tabulating the results!!!

Barefoot-YUP!! True love is when your sweetie looks at you after YEARS of being together, and an aditional 110 pounds (GEEZ, I doubled my body size!!) and STILL tells you you are beautiful!!

Mauvais-I don't get those on my computer (at least on THIS site!!) I HATE those things. Some sites you have to close 4 or 5 of 'em just to get OUT!!

Ellis-I didn't say he wanted kids, I just said he wanted to sit around the house!!!!! I love that movie!! It also has Alan Arkin who is a SCREAM!!!
I should rent that!!! Maybe do a double feature with "Meet the Parents".....
and tell the kids that's how WE'RE going to be!!! I used to threaten them with birth videos on their first dates......"...and here comes the placenta.......care for some cranberry juice dear?" But we didn't really tape their births so it is just an empty threat (sob). We also threatened to purchase the Oscar Meyer Weiner Mobile as our family car. Pick them up at school, chaperone their dates etc. in it!! That used to HORRIFY our 15 year old when he was about 10, but now he is as bad as we are!!!! Today he told us we are "The coolest parents he know's......except for C's father....he is REALLY cool!" That is a band member's dad. So we aren't bad for old farts is what he is really saying!!! About the family reunion....SURE!! But it will probably have to be in Rhode Island, 'cause my sister says she ain't coming here!! She is having a hysterectomy in January, getting the baby in the spring (hopefully) and she will be on sabbatical from the end of this semester until fall 2003, so next summer will be split between Rhode Island and her sweetie's place in North Carolina. Having a long distance relationship and a new baby will be tough.

soozie
09-09-2002, 01:12 AM
Here is the big ole lezzie herself.
Sorry I've been too busy eating cake, cookies, icecream and chocolate to check in ...:lol: :moo:
Seriously, I'm feeling disgusted with my weight. Still holding at 189...this is the week that I promised myself I'd head to the gym...I better do it.

You guys are so whacked. It's so uplifting to read all the bizarre messages here. I love you all. Probably none of you should be allowed to rear children.
Sojo, I think that you totally got the thing on that test. It seems like it was measuring how accurate you are when you associate positive words with homosexuals versus positive words with heteros and vice versa. But, if you have some kind of learning disability or some weird brain disorder...ie Ellis, you might just screw up because you're screwy...not because of any particular feeling about any one...well...did that dribble make you happy that I've come back???

Missed you girls. Sorry I was busy cooking for Rosh Hashanah, getting DD settled with starting kindergarten, eating, as stated earlier, avoiding exercise of any type, working at the office...what's up with that?, sleeping (no insomnia, no late night visits online), refinishing two end tables for living room...and yesterday, kitchen sink decided to upchuck its contents and then when I was using washing machine water started coming up from that into kitchen sink!!!!!! when I ran into laundry room to turn off washing machine there was a six foot fountain spraying from the hose where the washing machine spews water into waste pipe...spurting right up into the air..it was actually quite lovely...I was screaming f#@k, f#%k, f*#k...which would have been okay but I was holding the telephone at the time talking to my sister...I'm sure that I also said "oh my gosh the water from the washer is coming up in the kitchen sink...I better turn off the washer before it overflows onto my new cabinets and floor....and then when I stepped into the laundry room, "there's water everywhere, oh no!!! " Sister only remembers hearing the f-word over and over.... :rolleyes: :faint: :no:

Plumber comes tomorrow...had no kitchen sink for two days and have a load of laundry in washing machine that has been soaking in there since Saturday....yuckaroni. can you say mildew? can you say scanky old water stank is on my clothes?

Well, better get some sleep so I can wake peanut in the mornin for kindergarden...she didn't fall asleep until 11:00 tonight...even tho she had two half days last week, Wed. and Thurs., I think she was excited/nervous about her first full day. She will be very tired tomorrow so I'm just going to cater to her every whim and do whatever it takes to get her out of the door without a major tantrum!!!!

Talk to you soon girlies. Love, Soozie

Punkinseed
09-09-2002, 02:55 PM
You are all *hysterical*!!!!

Since this is the first time I've posted to the lezzie thread I guess I should declare myself a lover of all things human, flora and fauna. I, like Ellis and many others am a homophobe too I guess - so come'ere and let me give you all big ol' wet KISS!!!! >SMoooooCH!<

I'm not going to bother with the online test because I have a sneaking suspicion that it's all rigged and some idiot is going to start sending out "reprogramming" emails - "gay? lesbian? let me cure you!" - we will of course letter bomb this person... :devil:

Dent - Congratulations to your sister and the impending adoption - I hope it all goes smoothly!

Terrrrri - I couldn't agree with you more - I've watched the Wedding Story and wished they'd do like what they do for the Baby Story show - follow ups!!!
"Mr. & Mrs. X were the annoyingly happy, gushing, smoochy faced couple from ____, whatever state. They married after knowing each other for 4 days, their wedding cost their parents $15,000. Their subsequent divorce cost more than the wedding - but the attorneys are happy and now engaged themselves!". Now THAT is more realisitic! (sorry, do I sound jaded??)

Sooozie - ICK! I hope plumbing **** is over soon!

Ok, time to take my attitude back to work...

Terri :moo: *snort*

barefootgrrrl
09-09-2002, 07:24 PM
Terri - oh good! I'm glad someone else knows what I am talking about......yes, they need to do a follow up on the Wedding Stories LOL

I have no idea why I watch these things.....must be the closeted frustrated psychotherapist in me......but I watch them and I'm just amazed.......I kinda like the Dating Stories because at least they admit it when things don't work out!!

The best best best stories are the Makeovers.....woman loses weight...gets a makeover......guy wants to get rid of his love handles......gets liposuction......

perhaps we relate based on the where we are at the moment on this journey called life!

you are hysterical too...... programming emails wanting to cure you! LOL :lol:

are you a cynic like me??

cynics of the world unite!!

"people like to put us down, just because we get around..."

:lol: Terrigrrrl # 2

dentrassi
09-10-2002, 01:11 PM
Okay, ever since I said I'm not getting the pop-ups i have been getting them. WHEN WILL I LEARN TO KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT?

ellis
09-10-2002, 02:11 PM
ummmm, never?

Punkinseed
09-10-2002, 05:04 PM
Helloooooo....

Terrrrri - Yes, kinda sorta a cynic. My Mom calls it my sarcastic sense of humor, my friends say it's a bit Far Side and my Dad just says "that's my girl!". I have a smart assed response for everything and I'm proud of it!

Dent - the little pop-up spy cameras that are in your computer heard you utter the words. If you say out loud "I LOVE these pop-ups!! How did I live without them before???" - they should go away...

Ok, back to my cage

Terri

soozie
09-11-2002, 01:06 AM
Hi girls. Wow, in two minutes it will be September 11th. My fifteen year anniversary with my DP and one year since the catastrophe in New York.

I was dropping my daughter off at school when one of the mothers gave me the news. We went into a room and watched the television. It was so surreal and terrifying...like maybe this was the end of the world...I ended up going back to the school early and picking my baby up and taking her home...her school is at a synagogue, when I arrived there was a police car in the parking lot...just watching over everyone...the police car was there for a few more days.

Since September 11th my daughter's school has a locked door policy with a key card issued to parents to get in and out of the building. And an intercom system if you don't have a key to get in. I can't wait until tomorrow is over. I bought a big American flag and hung it up outside of my house as a rememberance of those innocent people who died in such horrifying circumstances. May they be at peace and their families blessed.

have a peaceful and safe day my friends.
Love, Soozie

ellis
09-11-2002, 05:52 AM
Hello girls.
Just wanted to send my love to all of my wonderful American friends. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

A friend called me that morning, and said, "Turn on the TV! Something terrible is happening!"
I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It was as though my mind couldn't recognize what it was seeing. I actually wondered if it was a joke, or if I was dreaming.
Since last year, we've all changed. I've seen so much that is positive come out of this. I know that doesn't sound quite "right", but my faith in humankind has been restored. There's a lot of love out there. Nothing can destroy that. It's so strong, it's almost palpable. I can feel it... I hope you can too.

I love all of you. God's blessings be upon you.

xoxo ellis

Wanttolosealot
09-11-2002, 08:33 AM
With all the sadness of the day comes some joy,
Happy Anniversary Soozie! :hb: :cb: :hat: :gift: :dance:
Do something special together!
Virginia
:dancer: :grouphug:

squeaker
09-11-2002, 09:01 AM
Happy Anniversary Soozie & DP!!!! :cb:

katrinabgood
09-11-2002, 09:06 AM
I'm very torn...I don't want to watch all the 9/11 stuff and re-live it and yet I can't help it. I remember that day so well. Our kitchen was being gutted, for the renovation. As a matter of fact, the carpenter who did the work for us, called last night. He remembered that we shared that awful day together and just wanted to say hi and see how we're doing. That was nice. I remember going to work the next night, to find that they had half emptied the hospital in preparation for any overflow patients...there were very few.

I drove to the bay the follwing morning to see what I could see. On a clear day, you can see the skyline way off in the distance. I wasn't the only one there. All you could see (and smell) was smoke.

One thing I remember so vivdly about that whole week is the weather. It was so beautiful, the sky was so blue, and it just seemed so incongruous with so much devastation. Weird memory.

Soozie... I'm sorry that your anniversary will forever be marred by this tragedy. But you certainly have a bright spot on a dismal day. Congratulations to you and your partner!

Back to CNN for me...

ellis
09-11-2002, 09:09 AM
Oh, Soozie... I think I've already wished you happy anniversary but it looks as though I haven't. Let this day be a day of love for you both and for your precious DD. xoxo

soozie
09-11-2002, 09:14 AM
Girls, Thanks for your congrats and thanks for sharing your memories. I think it helps to connect in that way...and Ellis I know just what you mean...thanks for the inspiration.

DP and I are going out to our favorite Italian restaurant tonight...DD is going to her favorite babysitter's house!! Everyone will be happy with those arrangements.

Love to you all!
Soozie

soozie
09-11-2002, 09:18 AM
Hi Ellis, we were both posting at the same time. I think that you congratulated me in another thread? There are so many now I get confused..:dizzy:
Thanks for all of your support and good wishes for today.
Gotta go get the chipmunk ready for kindergarten...and amazingly, she finally woke up this morning, early, without me having to wake her...guess we're finally getting on a decent schedule!
Talk to you later.
Love, Soozie

Ruthxxx
09-11-2002, 09:40 AM
Happy Anniversary, Soozie and DP! I hope you have a wonderful celebration! And DD has her favourite baby sitter! A win win situation!

Punkinseed
09-11-2002, 01:40 PM
Happy anniversary Soozie and DP!!! Enjoy your wonderful night out!

Big hugs to everyone today. There's an odd, sedate feeling in the air even here in Oregon... I agree that some good did come of this - I tell my friends I love them whereas before I assumed they knew. I count you all as friends too - even if you're little names and typed words on my 'puter screen I know that you're all sitting out there somewhere....

Love you all!!!

Terri

mauvaisroux
09-11-2002, 07:57 PM
Happy Anniversary to you Soozie and your DP! :hb: It is wonderful that two people can celebrate 15 years together!
I hope you both have a wonderful dinner together tonight:)

Wildfire
09-11-2002, 09:42 PM
Happy Anniversary, Soozie (and DP)! Congratulations on 15 years!

dentrassi
09-11-2002, 10:27 PM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY SOOZIE AND DP!!!!!!! HOPE YOU HAVE MANY MANY MORE!!!!!! :love: :cloud9: :love:

soozie
09-12-2002, 01:16 AM
Thanks girls...we had a great dinner...and then picked up our DD and all had dessert together...it was really nice.

Goodnight! Soozie

ellis
09-12-2002, 06:51 AM
I'm so glad you had a good time, Soozie. :)

Den, you're getting very fancy.... :lol:

Sojourner
09-12-2002, 12:37 PM
Hope you had a wonderful 15th anniversary! :)

dentrassi
09-12-2002, 02:44 PM
Sounds like you had a perfect celebration for all 3 of you!!! I'm glad to hear it!!

barefootgrrrl
09-12-2002, 07:08 PM
hey Soozie - Belated Anniversary Wishes! :cloud9:

so sweet that you two came home and had dessert with your daughter.....

it is nice to celebrate love on a day such as yesterday.

god bless America

:) terrigrrrl

soozie
09-13-2002, 03:19 AM
Shared all of your nice messages with DP tonight...I think that she was really touched...

Hey, has anyone heard from Christina...I'm concerned about her.

talk to you tomorrow.
Soozie

katrinabgood
09-14-2002, 11:57 AM
HEY!!! Where IS everyone? Off leading fun, exciting fulfilling lives, I suppose...oh well back to the laundry for me.....

Ruthxxx
09-14-2002, 12:56 PM
Well, I'm just getting ready with surgical glove and plastic bag to do the Dog Yard Poop Patrol. Wanna trade? I'd really rather do laundry but **** happens! :shrug:

katrinabgood
09-14-2002, 01:00 PM
That's how I do it! I can't be bothered with the little rake and scoop method! My kids think it's disgusting...but, as you say...**** happens!

ellis
09-14-2002, 01:23 PM
If you clean my house, I'll pick up your doggy doo.
Kat... I've got enough laundry of my own to do. Does that rhyme? Does that constitute a poem?
No, eh?

I've been cracking the whip. I've got the entire family cleaning.
What thread is this? What the ****... you've have to hear it anyhow. I went to the Y yesterday. My stomach muscles are KILLIN' ME!! And my arms... could barely sleep last night with the pain. Isn't that just great?!

later darlings...
xo

soozie
09-14-2002, 02:08 PM
Kat, I've been wondering the same thing myself??? Could it be a September thing? I'm on program big time. DP is on board with me, she also has weight to lose. Having a friend over today and tomorrow we're going to a longaberger basket open house. One of our friends is a longaberger dealer and junkie. She has these open houses and makes incredible food and then lets everyone walk in and out of every room in her house checking out her decor and how she has incorporated her collection of over 500 baskets into her house.

I can't even imagine having all those people walking in and out of every nook and cranny in my house!! Oy Vay!!!

Talk to you all soon and come back girlies...
Love Soozie

ellis
09-14-2002, 06:03 PM
what the **** is a longaberger?
I wish someone in MY neighborhood was having a longaberger basket open house... whatever the **** it is...

squeaker
09-14-2002, 11:08 PM
They are really nice, but expensive baskets. We keep joking about them at work since one of the girls bought one for like $100 USD. They are very nice though.

Spent most of today trying to clean, making a cheesecake for my mom's birthday (it was last month but the whole family is getting together tomorrow), working on a cross stitch piece for my sister, and the wake for my friend's dad. It is the 3rd wake this year I have been to.

Now I have a huge headache. But I just got of the phone with my boy. He made it to California in one piece. His car wasn't quite as lucky. A few bumps & dents. He was behind an oversized truck that lost a pipe of the back of it and hit his car. :p He saw one of our friend's that lives out there. She now thinks because he is there I am coming to visit. Both he and I have told her no.

Long week at work. Alot of banging my head against the wall. (Does that count as exercise?)

I just want a weekend to do nothing, but that isn't happening. I can feel a take of off work mental health day coming on.

Hope you all are having much better times!!!

:mouse:squeak

Ruthxxx
09-14-2002, 11:10 PM
Ellis, they are these gorgeous baskets that most of my American pals just die for! I've seen them and they are gorgeous but we really don't have room for them! My house is so tiny that there is hardly room for ME in it, let alone these biggish baskets!

We need to collect something smaller - like toe jam or belly button lint! Or Portuguese Water Dog mats?

Let me know if you want to start a group.

soozie
09-15-2002, 12:37 AM
What are portuguese water dog mats??? Because if you're going to start collecting them I want to get in on the action...even if I don't know what they are.

Yeah ,Ellis, they are these really pretty ridiculously expensive baskets that are handmade in AMERICA.....don't even get me started....uh,oh,here I go...
America, America, God shed her grace on thee...oops, slight edit there....

:m: :sheep: :no:
:m: :sheep: :no:

(I had this really cute red, white, and blue pattern going on here...and they wouldn't let me post it...too many thingamabobs, so I had to keep cutting and cutting and cutting...down to six weeny thingamabobs...hopefully you still get the patriotic fervor which was intended.)

Hey Squeak...why not go visit the boy and your friend in California? The expense or can't get away from work? If you could do it, it probably would be really fun and would make the time apart more tolerable.

Had a really nice visit with my friend today. She and I went to grad school together. She works as an oncology social worker at Fox Chase in Phila. She is an amazing woman. Of course my DD had to act like a weirdo spoiled brat all night!!! Kids, they always know how to impress our friends and make us feel so comfortable...the neighbors that we see every day she's an angel in front of but my friend whom I haven't seen in over a year....well you know the drill...and for those of you that don't have kids...you don't want to know!!!

Going to go get some rest.

Love, Soozie

squeaker
09-15-2002, 10:37 AM
Collecting dog mats sounds....uh....interesting.... I think. :)

I am not going to visit the boy for a bunch of reasons, mostly money and time though. I am not going to visit our friend in California because I dont feel like flying all that way and spending all the money to be ignored by her and watch her with her boyfriend. Last time I saw her she was still in Rochester. It was graduation. I woke up at 5:30am to get ready leave my house by 6:30 on a Saturday morning and get there on time. She didn't say more then 5 words to me. Her boyfriend said more to me then she did. Now it's farther away and a different boy, but probably the same resaults. I am only useful when she isn't dating someone, or the boyfriend is being an ***. Then I hear from her all the time. :mad:
But anyway, sorry for the mini rant.

And for another silly reason I am not going is out of principle. As soonas I said the boy was going out there everyone said "So when are you going?" When I say I am not, everyone's reaction has been "sure, whatever". I had already planned on not going because of the time & money and told him that. He is ok with me not going out there. Not thrilled, but he understands. It is a silly reason not to go, but I just want to prove that he can be there and I am not going to go chase after him. :p I know he is coming back and I know I am going to be one of the first people he sees when he gets back to NY state. I have gone this long without seeing him before. It is really hard, but we have done it :)

Ok that is enough rambling for one morning.

soozie
09-15-2002, 11:55 AM
Squeak,

women like that don't really know how to be a friend so I totally understand! And with reference to the boy, I hear you, but, I just had a long talk with Ellis about my past and I don't want to lecture, just as you don't want to rant, so I'll make this short and sweet...

as to the boy, make sure you take the risk of following your heart where it leads you...I made some mistakes in my life by trying to show that I was "cool" and could manage just fine in a casual relationship when I was really in love and afraid to say it...afraid of getting hurt or looking lame...

I'm not saying that is what's going on with you...and thank goodness I had a second chance and landed my beautiful DP...but, I'm just saying sometimes it's worth taking a risk and following your heart...so, f*#% principles and just do what feels right...if staying home till he returns feels right go for it...but, make sure he knows that you're thinking of him if you are...okay, I'll shut my big trap....

hey girls
love to all
Soozie

ellis
09-15-2002, 12:28 PM
Ruth, I have a big collection of hair knots...

Squeak darling, I'm sorry you're having a hard time. Like Soozie says, do what's right for you... forget what everyone else has to say. Except for us... listen to US! :D
I've had friends like that, too. My psychologist told me to get rid of them, so I am, and you should, too! They're bad for your mental health.
And speaking of mental health, TAKE A DAY OFF! I'm sure you deserve it, and you're going to be REALLY ill if you don't. You need to do some nurturing of your soul. Which means that if you take a day off, you don't clean the house or do grocery shopping. You do something nice for YOURSELF! hugs and kisses

I believe that Portuguese Water Dog mats are something that you leave in the house for the doggies when you're going to be gone an extraordinary length of time and don't want them pissing on the kashan in the living room.

dentrassi
09-15-2002, 01:31 PM
HI!! I am fighting off a cold, and I'm cranky, so if I start getting pissy just smack me around a bit.

Okay, something small and inexpensive to collect.....hmmm....how about all those shedded pubic hairs that sometimes show up on Coke cans, or on the bathroom floor?

Ellis-That is one of the reasons I chopped all my hair off!!! All those icky knots....actually, I'm overdue for another cut. Trying to hold off until DH gets first paycheck.

Soozie-You are absolutely right. Sometimes you have to just jump in despite your fear!!!

Squeak-I agree with Soozie. I NEVER thought I'd get married young, or ever for that matter!!! And here I am married for 21 years, and still in love. I said "no" at first too! I was scared and thought we were too young.........He asked "why?" and some little voice inside me was saying, "SAY YES YOU IDIOT!!!" For once I listened, and it was the right choice. Same thing happened when I quit the job I had to start making jewelry. And when DH left the full time position he had been miserable in for almost 20 years in order to teach parttime/fulltime. SCARY.....but some of the best choices we have ever made!!! Actually, having kids was like that too!! We couldn't "afford" it, but we realized it would never happen if we waited for that!!! Sometimes you just have to take a big breath and jump.........but plan it out as sensibly as you can too........

HEY!! MY MESSAGE WAS WIPED AND I HAD IT SAVED!!!! THAT'S A FIRST!!!!

katrinabgood
09-15-2002, 02:48 PM
You go, Den! Good advice from you and everyone...so all I can add is "ditto" Good luck with whatever decision you make, squeak!

Can I brag for just a sec? I just wanted to say that I dragged (drug?) my fat *** to the gym this morning. Haven't been there in a while. It felt great, can't wait to go back tomorrow.

Why the **** is it so hard to get there, when it feels so good when you do? Right, sooz?

Hey soozie...I don't think I say "Happy Yom Kippur!" Isn't this the day of atonement? But I wanted to acknowledge the holiday...my kids are thrilled with it...no school tomorrow.

Have a good day all...make it a mental health day if you can. Do something nice for yourself...even if that means just sitting and staring at the wall...if that's what you enjoy!

:wave:

katrinabgood
09-15-2002, 02:50 PM
...or scooping dog poop or wringing out the Potuguese Water Dog Mats.

ellis
09-15-2002, 03:38 PM
First of all, I would like to congratulate Dentrassi on; for once, having the friggin' prudence to save her message.
party time!!
:cb: :cp: :hat: :dance: :dancer:

Den, you are disgusting... P-HAIRS!!!! :lol:
How about plastic grocery bags? My mother-in-law (pack rat of all times) once saved and folded for me over 900 of them. Bless her sweet little heart. :rolleyes: I only took them to make a little bit of space in her house.
Actually, I really like the knots. I have a messy batch of hair, and my biggest stimulation is catching a piece of it and twiddling it round and round and round my finger until I get a knot. And then I play with it... OKAY OKAY I KNOW IT'S WEIRD!! It's better than SOME habits, though!
Listen I'LL give you a haircut! I once gave my DH one... cut off the top of his ear.

A cold, huh? You need to take some cider vinegar, hon. 1 tsp in a glass of water three times a day.
Take the month off work, bundle up in bed with pile of good books, a box of kleenex, and a breakfast in bed tray. One that is magically refilled every 2 hours.

YIPPEE KAT!! You went to the gym!!! Party for Kat!! (I think I'm out of smilies here, Kat)
Perhaps those Water dog mats are like coasters? Or tampons!! That's it!! Portuguese Water dog tampons! To go with the Portuguese Water dog panties!!

Den... get better soon, sweetie.
Kat and Soozie girl... get to the gym.
I'm going again tomorrow!

Squeak... you rant ANYTIME you like, honey...
xoxo

Sojourner
09-15-2002, 04:47 PM
I would love to have knotty hair... actually I've been wanting dread locks forever (either that or an afro). But alas, my silky straight Caucasion hair doesn't seem to want to cooperate. My best friend is a hair stylist and she swears she can gnarl my hair into some decent dreads with a combination of ratting, perm solution, crimping, and twisting.... :eek:! Since I just chopped my hair off for the summer I will have to wait awhile. Or I could join my other best friend who actually is African-American and get extensions put in... but that is very expensive and a pain. But someday I will have them!

:joker: (that's supposed to be me with three big dread locks!)

ellis
09-15-2002, 05:03 PM
Sojo, I've got silky straight Caucasion hair, too. I hate it. Why did BOTH of my parents have to be sickly white Brits?! :lol:
Listen, all you have to do is stop brushing it. You wash it, put it up in a big messy bun on top of your head, and start fiddling with it. Before you know it, you're all knotted up!

Ruthxxx
09-15-2002, 05:14 PM
What a bunch of squirrely LesBiAlternachicks!

Anyone who wants a Portuguese Water Dog mat can send me their snail mail and I promise you will get one - from a VIRGIN PWD too! Please indicate if you want coaster size or thimble resting size. We pay postage! This will be a freebie but after that they will be as expensive as those Logan Airport baskets!

(Ellis, maybe we could interest them in a removed corn collection?)

By the way, last wake I was at, I told my pal David, the Funeral Director, the changed heads joke. He really lost it! and, after the "festivities" were over, he invited me to partake of some single malt which seems to be standard equipment in country funeral places!

ellis
09-15-2002, 07:20 PM
Ummm, excuse my naivety, but what the **** is a VIRGIN PWD?!
Listen girls, I just can't keep up with all these new-fangled expressions you're throwing around here. I'm a SAHM, and I don't get out much. Please be explicit. (Ruth, whatever the **** they are, I'll take one of each)

ooooo la la! A corn collection! I could contribute ummm... let's see... THREE!!! Damn, I've got THREE! I keep taking the nail clippers to them, but it just ain't workin'. Don't tell me I have to get some of those thingys... couldn't I just tie a piece of raw potato on my toe and the damned things'll just fall off?

Listen, Ruth... next time you get a shot of single malt on one of my jokes, YOU OWE ME!! Okay, any bets that David will use that joke to his advantage? Uh huh? Bet you don't want to be waked THERE, do ya Ruthie?!

squeaker
09-15-2002, 09:15 PM
Hmmmm...... I don't have to listen to anyone, except for you guys. Ok I think I can handle that :)

I have been slowly trying to pull away from my friend who really is bad for me, I want to lose touch rather then me say "I think you're an idiot" because that would just upset both of us. It hasn't been too bad, except I think she is breaking up with the guy she is dating now. At least that is what the boy told me.

As for him, I said I wasn't going to see him, but I have called him once, sent 3 text messages to his phone, got 2 calls from him, and 1 message. He sent 2 more but they got lost somewhere since I didn't put a "reply to" address. And he is sending me postcards, and he says a letter (which he has never written one to me before - email - yes, real letter - no). Plus I already have 2 cards picked out to send him. I have no intention of ignoring him for 3 months, just not seeing him. :) If I hadn't taken a week & a half off to see him in Lake Placid, I probably would be going out there. I am fine with it, he is fine with it, screw everyone else. (except you girls ;))

Ruthxxx - what exactly is a Portugese Water Dog mat anyway???
Ellis - what is SAHM?
Sojo- Love the dreadlocks :) Extentions would be cool....
Soozie - It is ok to lecture. It gives things a wonderful perspective.
Den - I like that - Make the leap just leap sensibly. Somehow it makes sense.
Kat - WOO HOOO on going to the gym!!!!! (you too Ellis!!!!) You girls rock!
(and the rest of you do too!;))

ellis
09-15-2002, 11:56 PM
Huh! I didn't know what it was either, Squeaker. Until Ruth deciphered it for me.
SAHM= stay at home mom
Who knew?

Yes, don't upset yourself with a fast break with your girlfriend. Hopefully you can take it slow and she'll ease off on the relationship.
People don't usually get the message when I "cool off" with them, and I end up getting frustrated and blowing up. NOT a very healthy way to end a relationship, but sometimes it seems the only way with some people.

How nice... you're getting a REAL letter! Hang on to that, hon!

where am I....?

dentrassi
09-16-2002, 01:09 AM
HELLO!!!!!

Ellis-Keep up the good work at the Y!!! I am actually feeling better now than I have all weekend, which probably means I'll be up until 3 am!!!!!!! HEY!! If I want to pull a Van Gogh I'll do it MYSELF thank you very much!!! THANKYOU FOR THE CONGRATULATIONS (takes bow.) Actually, usually when I save it it ISN'T wiped, and when I DON'T save it it IS wiped!!!!

Squeak-Don't let anyone treat you like a doormat!!! It took me a lot longer to learn that than it appears to be taking you!!! Good for you for taking care of yourself in relation to the so called friend!!! It is great if you can do it nicely, but if you can't, YOU are the important one here. Glad you and the boy are keeping in touch!!!

Ruth-He didn't laugh nervously and look at the coffins when you told him the joke did he? WOW!! If he brings out the "good stuff" for funny jokes you are going to have to visit on a regular basis!!!!

Sojourner-I love dreadlocks too!!! I have wavy hair, but it is still that too fine Brit stuff. My sister's DP chopped mine after we had all had "a few drinks." We had a lot of fun, and it looked great!! I decided to keep it short after that. Overdue now, though!!! I once gave myself a buzz cut. It looked TERRIBLE!! It felt WONDERFUL though. It was a hot summer, and every time i walked under a ceiling fan I could feel it. And I could wash my hair with a wash cloth. GEEZ!! I wish I could carry off that look. I really liked it for comfort!!

Katrina-GOOD FOR YOU for going to the gym!!! That is great!!

Sojourner
09-16-2002, 01:41 AM
Well, I've done pretty much everything an alternachick can do with her hair. Way back when I too have sported a buzz cut... actually it was an honest to goodness flat top with a little curl of a bang. In high school I dyed my hair bright red and shaved off the sides... which was about as close to a mohawk as I dared go for fear of the wrath of my mother. Its been long, short, curly, straight, dyed, natural, pin curled, piggy-tailed, baretted, braided, hair pieced, wigged, crimped, glittered, slicked, spiked, and everything in between. Still no dreads though!

Now that my best friend is a funky and brilliant hair stylist, I have my hair dyed various amusing colors, usually at least three bold colors weaved together, along with the most up to date hair styles. She sort of uses me as her guinea pig after she gets the latest training. Right now it is short like a grown out Halle Berry, however, my bangs are cropped super short. I have fallen in love with these super short bangs and am not going to give them up for awhile. This week she am dying my hair dark dark brown with bright red and blonde chunks. Normally she charges $125 for a cut and three color weave so its nice to have a friend like her! I am spoiled as she does my hair every month for free. :)

barefootgrrrl
09-16-2002, 09:32 AM
Wow! Glad to see all the fun y'all have been having while I was snowed under with work last week :(

It was a rough one...sheesh - anybody want to trade jobs?

I came up for air yesterday and starting to feel better. I must admit I had never heard of a Portuguese Water Dog before:lol:

I made the hubster a decent low carb dinner last night - I feel like I really accomplished something

:lol: this really has been a whole lifestyle change - learning how to cook differently, eat differently, starting to exercise now, thinking about food differently - all of it! but I am glad to report that my Target $7.99 size 1x shorts are falling off my booty! yeah!!!

I do have one more thing I would like to mention here because you all are really the only ones who wouldn't freak......

An online friend is trying to set me up on a blind date with another bimarried woman who lives near me. I am scared to death......I haven't done a blind date in years and never weighing over 200 lbs! eek! run! hide!
We've talked and she seems really nice and interesting and laid back and Pagan like you all :lol: - I am just scared - what is up with that???

Anyway here I sit, toasting you all with my cup of joe - happy to see that others are having more fun than me - working for a living is a drag....... :lol:

love and hugs, terrigrrrl

Wanttolosealot
09-16-2002, 09:58 PM
Hey Terrigrrrl
Go for it girl!
Virginia

Wildfire
09-16-2002, 10:09 PM
Oh, terrigrrrl......you gotta watch us laid back Pagan types....most definitely trouble! (Can you picture me stirring a cauldron humming "bubble, bubble, toil, and trouble" or whatever that saying is :D ) Seriously, though....I say go for it! At worst, you won't hit it off and don't have to see each other again, at best you'll get along great and be so glad you met, and then there's always the chance that you'll find yourself a wonderful friend. The way I see it, you can't lose. So when it is? We want details, darling!

barefootgrrrl
09-17-2002, 09:49 PM
oh, the details :D

We are having dinner this Friday and I can't imagine what I will wear to hide the hips :lol:

She is a bigger grrrl too, so she should understand.......but you never know?

let me see, what do I know about her.....she loves to travel (check!), she is a Pagan ( check! he he), she is smart and funny (check!) she loves massages (check and blush), she loves womyn (check!), she is a lover of all things Celtic and studies Gaelic ( neat! check!)

and on our only phone conversation, I was very nervous, but not nervous when we chatted online... must be that Internet thing.

:( hopefully I won't be too nervous at dinner. She did say something great though...she said that the only thing that matters is the friendship and everything else comes after that - so no expectations, just take it as it comes- that relaxed me.....:)

thanks for asking.......now I am getting antsy like Terri :)

how are *you* doing Wildfire? love, terrigrrrl

squeaker
09-17-2002, 11:24 PM
It is "Double, double, toil and trouble; Fire burn and cauldron bubble." MacBeth Act 4 Scene 1. (The exact scene I looked up - but I knew which play) Sorry but I am a Shakespeare geek. I own the complete works, and voluntarily took 2 college classes - one on the Histories and Tradgedies, the other on the Comedies and Romances.

But anyway I am glad things went well barefootTerri. :)

I am trying to take up ceramics. Tonight was my first class. It was fun. I figure it will at least give me something to do and get me out of the house once a week.
Talked to the boy again tonight. I was going to wait until this weekend to call since that is when he has unlimited time on his cell, but he called me. We spent 20 minutes on the phone that seemed much more like 5. :p And for the 2nd time in a week he has managed to call within 5 minutes of me getting home. He didn't even know I was out. I asked him how he keeps doing that. :) He likes his job. His company is also doing a project very very similar to the one I am working on. He tried to get me to move out there. I told him no. I want to be around my nephew. I don't want him to grow up while I live on the opposite coast.

:wave: Hi to all of you wonderful chickies!!!!!

mauvaisroux
09-17-2002, 11:40 PM
Well, if we are going to be witches I would like to be a Nanny Ogg witch instead of a MacBeth witch (hmm, although I am Scottish:chin: )

barefootgrrl- have fun at your dinner, whatever comes of it :) sounds exciting to be meeting someone new and she sounds very interesting!

Squeaker-what are you making in ceramics class? I made a whale tissue box cover for my tropical fish inspired bathroom. He is so cute! The Kleenex comes out the top where the blowhole is so it looks like he is spouting water...yes I know, sounds silly and totally unalternative :rolleyes: I loved Shakespeare in high school English Lit. class so we are both Shakespearean geeks:lol:

dentrassi
09-17-2002, 11:56 PM
HEY!! DH and I (ESPECIALLY DH!!) are Shakespeare Geeks too!!! Pre kids we used to get together with friends, divide up the parts and do interpretive readings of some of his plays!!! Of course we have also done that with Winnie the Pooh. Dh insists that I add that he is even MORE of a Chaucer Geek.

Wildfire
09-18-2002, 12:04 AM
Geez, terrigrrl...she sounds perfect! If things don't work out I might be interested....oh wait...I'm married and not bisexual. *drat* Foiled again! :D Sounds like she has a great attitude, too...friendship first. No pressure. So get dolled up, and have a great time! I'm hanging in there, still in the midst of dental work, hating my job, needing a vacation, you know...the usual. Thanks for asking. :)

Squeaker, that's it! First I had double bubble, but I know it's not from a chewing gum ad, so I nixed that. I signed up for a ceramics class once, but quit after I found out we had to make things. I thought it was a stress-relief class where we got to break things. Bummer.

Den, you and DH definitely get the Geek of the Week award!!! :D

soozie
09-18-2002, 02:08 AM
Hey Den, that is definitely geekafied. Unreal. Actually, maybe you two (Squeak and Den...geekettes) could tutor me in Shakespere...did I even spell his name right? I've only read King Lear, Midsummer's Night Dream, and Hamlet...I never even read MacBeth or Romeo and Juliet!!!

Terrigrrl, hate to sound like Mother Hen but since this thread was originally called Lesbian Mom...maybe I can take the mom role for a moment...
now, a few things to consider...
I think you said that you and your DH have an open relationship
if so then you are cool there...however, I do think open relationships
can be difficult cause what happens if you start feeling more drawn to
the new partner and decide you want to be with that person fulltime??
Does hubby get tossed to the wayside, or do you try not to get too
involved? I'm a firm believer in humans ability to love more than one
person at a time...which is what can make polyamorous relationships
so challenging.

Number two, the blind date, is she out to her husband and has she
shared with him the plan for you two to meet? Important info cause
you don't want to get involved in someone else's mess, if she isn't
being up front with her hubby.

Three, make sure that you meet first in a public place.

And four, if anything does come of it, beyond friendship remember
to practice safe sex...

Okay, lecture over....
Reminds me of my discussion with my thirteen year old niece and my sister.
Somehow we got on the subject of sex and my sister said to me, tell my daughter what has to happen before she has sex...

I went into this long list of stuff,
You have to really care about the person and have been seeing each other for awhile,
you have to feel comfortable being naked with that person with the lights on, if you can't even be comfortable with your own body you're not ready to have sex,
you have to be able to discuss safe sex and birth control and not be embarrassed to do so
you have to use a condom and practice safe sex...

I'm doing this rambling thing and my niece is smiling and my sister is looking at me and my niece says, "nope"...and my sister says, "tell her what has to happen"...and my niece says " you have to be married"

I reply, "oops, uh, sorry sis." We all cracked up.
So much for being a therapist, its made me too pragmatic, no romantic ideals...I'm already assuming that my niece will have premarital sex, next thing you know I'll be telling my daughter that there is no tooth fairy...just a few fairies who are friends of Mommy and Mommy...Uncle so and so and Uncle so and so...you get the picture.

Mauv, who is Nanny Ogg?

Squeak, I took three ceramics classes in college and worked as a monitor in the ceramics studio...don't ask me to remember how to do anything but it sure was fun. I love those paint your own pottery places but they're expensive. Sometime I'd love to do real ceramics again. I did better at hand building...never really got comfortable with the wheel.

well girls, gotta go to bed.
Love, Soozie

squeaker
09-18-2002, 07:36 AM
I went to class last night just to look at what I could do. I ended up just starting. The classes are run by my cousin's aunt. She was really helpful. Between her and my cousin, who is also in the class, they were showing me all sorts of cool things. My goal is a chess set. I am starting with a Halloween plaque and a cute little dragon that sits hanging off of a shelf. All mold-stuff nothing free hand which is quite all right with me. :)

Soozie - You have read some of my favorite plays. I also love Much Ado About Nothing. "I rather hear my dog bark at a crow then a man swear he loves me". Much Ado was made into an almost great movie. Great people (Robert Sean Leonard, Kenneth Branaugh, Emma Tompson, Michael Keaton, Denzel Washington) but then they went and stuck Keanu Reeves as the bad guy. And while in some movies he is good, him doing Shakespeare is excruciatingly painful.

Den - Did you see First Knight? Cute movie and I loved Chauser in that one. ;)

Punkinseed
09-18-2002, 12:59 PM
Terri grrrrrl - you enjoy yourself and take care. Enjoy the wonderful butterflies, but also listen to Soozie - she sounds like a smart mother hen. ;) Then come back and tell us everything!!!

Terri

katrinabgood
09-18-2002, 03:05 PM
Re: Shakespeare movies..."Hamlet" with Mel Gibson is divine! Love that play anyway, but with Mel...mmmmm, baby! "To be, or not to be...that is the question..."

My very favorite line from the Prince of Denmark is..."O, that this too too solid flesh would melt..." (I hear ya, Hammie!)

signed,
another Shakespeare geek

Wanttolosealot
09-18-2002, 04:14 PM
You gals are all too deep for me. Give me a good old romance, smutty novel and I am happy. However, I do admire those who are inspired by Wil.
Terri- have a great dinner tomorrow night, hope everything works out well. Keep us informed. A couple of my friends and I are getting together Friday night to play strip pool, so that should be quite interesting too.
Hope everyone is doing well, Where is Chris??? Is she ok?? We miss you Chris!!
Virginia

barefootgrrrl
09-18-2002, 09:16 PM
Soozie - I appreciate your thoughtful and sage advice. In this aspect of my life, I can use all the advice I can get.

Maybe I should give a little more info to relieve a couple concerns and hopefully it won't fall under the category of TMI for anybody.

Warning: This is long, but I will try to make it abbreviated:

Around the time I turned 40, I had one of those classic mid-life crises. Although I had done a pretty good job of living only up to my own expectations since around age 30.... it suddenly hit me around 40 that it was time to finally be "all" of me. The classic "work less, lighten up and laugh and love more" thing. I started working with a therapist and through our discussions, I've rediscovered some of the best parts of my life from when I was a really young woman. Things I had set aside for years as a result of pursuing career and traditional nuclear family came pouring forth. So I've spent the past year or so enjoying poetry again, great books, grrrly movies and noticing women in the way I did when I was much younger - but too afraid to acknowledge. One day I finally said it out loud *to myself* : " I am attracted to women and that's ok* I did the coming out thing - went to groups and events and worked through it with my husband, had a brief first relationship.

*It is very complicated and nearly impossible to find people who I can be myself with because of the huge social taboo*

The whole issue of primary vs. secondary partners and all that........I know..... so best to take it one day at a time. I have had opportunities to meet single women, but I was worried about the problems when one partner is already part of a "pair bond". This woman is married and has been out as bisexual for several years and her husband is aware of it. We've discussed expectations up front - regardless of whatever happens - but I know the situation can be a set up for trouble because the mind
can think what it wants, but the heart knows what the heart knows. I know this may sound corny, but it feels very freeing to be out like that in a social setting - regardless of whether it remains a casual acquaintance or goes further. By nature, I am a realist and pragmatic to a fault, but it is still a little exciting and I like trying out my new wings.

Again, I have to say that you all are great. I did come here to discuss losing weight and I have probably spoken too much about this part of my life, but I've only done so because I hide it everywhere else and you all seem very open minded and nonjudgemental ( and hilariously funny and caring to boot - yippee! he he)

I will let you all know how it goes and will carry your good thoughts with me.

I hope one of you Shakespear-o-philes can recommend
a book which discusses Shakespearean themes and gives an overview of his works? I've always loved his plays, but I went to a second string high school and never got the chance to properly pay him his due and yet I am so eager to study more....

long winded terrigrrrl

barefootgrrrl
09-18-2002, 09:34 PM
Oh I just had to post one more time before signing off.

I just read Katrina's message about solid flesh melting and I'm rolling on the floor:lol: I can't take it anymore! you all just crack me up! I have that movie on video upstairs and I think I'll cue old Mel up while I have my nightly no-cal, no-fat, no-sugar, no-caffeine, then-what's-the-point latte :lol:

and Virginia......ahem...:s: would that be a game of billiards or a swimming pool that you're referring to??:lol:

good night all, punkin, wildfire, den, anybody I've left out - you too :)

hugs - terrigrrrl

soozie
09-18-2002, 10:05 PM
Terrigrrl, Do you make that latte from scratch or buy it somewhere? Sounds what the point but satisfying...would love to try it. Congrats on celebrating the real you and yes this is definitely the place to do it because we are pretty incredible and cool...if we must say so ourselves and often we do!

Sounds like the best possible scenario...I hope you have fun...and I think you're so right about the mind and the heart...that was kind of the point I was trying to make...and thanks for not booting me off the site for mother hen-ing. :lol:

So,girls, I still haven't gone to the gym...

talk to you tomorrow.Soozie

dentrassi
09-19-2002, 01:04 AM
Hi All!!!!

Katrina-Laurence Olivier's Hamlet (from the 30's I think) is also incredible. It is in black and white, and the interplay of shadow and light combined with a camera that "roves" through the castle is INCREDIBLE!!!! GORGEOUS!!!! But I also like the scene from "The Magic Christian" when Peter Seller's character has paid a famous actor to strip during Hamlet's soliloquy!!!!! I love the classics, but I also love to skewer them!!!

Squeak- I haven't seen that movie. Maybe I should rent it!!

Wildfire and Soozie-YUP!! People are always giving us strange looks for one reason or another!! Once (prekids again) DH and I turned on "The Sound of Music" with the sound off, and sat there making up our own dialogue while drinking cheap red wine. Oh yeah!! We also had a "cheap wine tasting party." We all dressed up, and drank Cadillac Club Double lemon, Night train, you know, real crap wino stuff. And we reviewed them!! I think that the Cadillac Club was "......an acidic wine, redolent of industrial cleaning solution."
I have to see if we can find that stuff. We were GOING to write an article, but I think we just felt too sick looking back on it.....maybe enough time has passed by now though!!!!

Terrigrrl-Have fun friday night!! I'll have to ask DH for the book suggestions for Shakespeare study. He is sleeping right now though. What got me into it was seeing Zefferelli's "Romeo and Juliet" which allowed me to then READ it!! Getting pulled into the action of the film and getting used to the language differences kinda opened it up in written form. Then I started moving on to other plays......I was fairly young, and I also went around "biting my thumb" at unsuspecting a$$holes!!!!

Wanttolosealot-HEY!!! Shakespeare AND Chaucer can be pretty romantic and/or smutty if you look in the right places!!!

Wanttolosealot
09-19-2002, 02:57 PM
Hi girls,
I think I may give Shakespeare and Chaucer a chance. ANy suggestions to a newbie of Wil?? Be gentle with me and start we out slowly.
Barefoot- You have a great time tomorrow night, I will think of you while the girls and I are shooting pool and having a few(several) drinks.
I sure hope everyone has a fabulous weekend.
Virginia

Tooty8
09-20-2002, 10:53 AM
Hiya, just thought I would finally make a post I am another newbie....and have been lurking around for a few days reading and enjoying all your previous posts.

I started on a diet 8 days ago and have stuck to it this time for more than a couple of days as usual, so I am feeling very positive this time, have alot to lose but need to do it this time for my own sanity, the weight issue is really affecting my daily life with dragging down my self comfidence.

You all sound great, caring and LOTS of fun:lol: So I will tell you a little bit about myself :?:

I am 30 years old, Female, live in the UK, work stupid shifts (I should be asleep cos I'm on nights but I cant sleep!!), mainly because the puppy is running round chasing the cat.

I live with my long time partner of 10 years whom I am still very much in love with:o , even though we have had alot of rough times in the past couple of years, things are now back on track and now is the right time to sort out my weight problems, she is also losing weight but goes to WW.

I also live with 2 middle aged cats and a 12 week old yellow labrador who seems to be the devil incarnate at the moment!:devil:

I love listening to music and am well into Melissa Etheridge, Jewel, Paula Cole and the likes. I also love watching tele, I got cable TV recently, wot an eye opener that was from 5 tv channels to about 60, i can wind my girlfriend up all night just surfing the TV.
:dizzy:

Any way good look tonight with your date I hope it goes really well Barefoot, and to the rest of you.... I hope you can make room for one more fat bum in here.

Wanttolosealot
09-20-2002, 11:10 AM
Hi there,
It is great having you join us. I joined this crazy bunch in August of this year, andit was the greatest thing I could ever have done for myself. They are so incouraging and caring , both in weight loss and lifes challenging issues. I hope you grow to love it here as much as we all do.
I am Virginia, married, Bi-female with two children, two dogs, two cats and several fish. So there is a lot of craziness in this household. I too think Mellisa Ethridge rules, also Cheryl Crowe, Jewel, and many others.
Hope you kick off your shoes and stay awhile!:wave:

soozie
09-20-2002, 03:07 PM
Welcome Tooty!!!
Hope that you stick around awhile.
I finally made it to the gym today!!!!! Yahoo!!!!!
Hope it becomes a ritual now...an almost everyday thing.
I'll keep you posted.
Gotta get ready for work now.
Love,Soozie

Punkinseed
09-20-2002, 03:48 PM
Welcome Tooty!! Sure there's room for another bum, we'll all scooch together... Welcome! :wave

I'm Terri, in central Oregon (one defines it as "central" because we're in the desert part of Oregon, not the rainy part), happily single but having a wild phone flirtation with an "associate". I live on 5 acres in the middle of nowhere with my 3 cats (all sisters).

Soozie - Congrats on getting your hiney to the gym!! You've been talking about it and it's SO good to see you've done it!!! :cb:

*sigh* better do some work....

Happy Friday everyone!!

Terri

mauvaisroux
09-20-2002, 10:14 PM
Welcome Tooty!
Sure we can make space for another bum!

soozie-:cb: you made it to the gym! BTW Nanny Ogg is a character in the Discworld novels by Terry Pratchett. I highly recommend the series if you like fantasy mixed with a silly, tonge in cheek type of humor. One of the great things is that although the characters appear in different books in the series it is not a serial-to be continued thing. Each book is an adventure on it's own and they are hysterical! I have actually laughed out loud while reading them (which makes people on public transportation look at you funny or quickly switch seats :lol: ).

Virginia-is strip pool kind of like strip poker;)

Barefootgrrrl-have fun on your blind date tonight!

squeaker
09-20-2002, 11:26 PM
I stole the boy's copy of Hogfather. (He was done reading it, and thought I might like it so when he handed it to me while looking for something else I just didn't give it back.) I don't think I have come across Nanny Ogg yet, I am only about 20 pages into it though.....

dentrassi
09-21-2002, 01:09 AM
Tooty8-HEY!! The more fat bums the merrier!!! WELCOME!!!!!

Soozy-CONGRATULATIONS ON MAKING IT TO THE GYM!!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!

Mauvais-How are you doing? By the way, if the sleep thing bugs you again, My doctoer recommended a homeopathic remedy which has REALLY been helping me the last few nights. I'll PM you with the details (don't want to advertise!!)

Squeak, Punkin, Wanttolosealot-HIYA YOU CRAZY OMEN YOU!!!!

Ellis-Are you back yet? I want all the gorey details!!!!!

Everyone else-POST!!!!

soozie
09-21-2002, 03:14 AM
Den, Why are you calling Squeak, Punkin, and Wantstolosealot crazy omen? Is that related to the paganism we've been chatting about? :p

I'm wide awake cause I fell asleep putting the kidlette to sleep at 9:30! So, now my body thinks it's morning! oops.

Feel like a jock after one work out...I'm so easy to please! Can't wait to get back to the gym and do it again.

Mauvais that series sounds good. I'll have to check it out. I really liked Harry Potter and I like Star Trek and those kind of sci/fi-ish, fantasy-ish things and I like humor.

I'm hoping to get alot of work done on the two tables that I am refinishing this weekend...I'm sanding, painting, and then distressing them. Unfortunately, I've already changed my mind about the color (colour...translation for Canadiens) three times. Doing this myself was supposed to save money but, I'm blowing alot of dough on supplies!

Well Ladies,
Going to try to convince myself that another day is over and that it is time to go back to bed again :lol: :wave:
Love, Soozie
ps welcome back Ellis.

dentrassi
09-21-2002, 12:23 PM
OOPS!!! TYPO!!! It was SUPPOSED to say "crazy WOMEN!"

........must be some kind of sign.........

barefootgrrrl
09-21-2002, 03:46 PM
Hey all!

Welcome Tooty!!! So glad to have you with us........personally, I think fat bums rule! :lol:

I know what you mean about the confidence issue....... my fingers are crossed that each pound loss will be accompanied by a confidence gain - that is the dream anyway :)

Thank you all for the thumbs up on the date.....well, the first step is the hardest part, right? he he, anyway, after the first glass of red, I felt myself calming right down. We talked a lot.....about our similarities, our differences, all kinds of grrrly stuff - it was fun. We'll see how it goes, the best part is neither of us has a timeline or agenda....unlike typical dating, no biological clocks or anxious grannies hanging over our heads
:lol: :lol:

Soozie - good luck with the tables......eeek! projects... for us, they start with one trip to Home Depot, usually followed by another one for a missing part, another trip for a broken part.....but refinished furniture sounds nice :)
oh, almost forgot - I make the lattes from a mix called Keto Coffee - buy it online. To be honest, it's not that great......I'm just desperately missing my Starbucks....too many calories and carbs haunting me there...

Have a great weekend all.......hugs, terrigrrrl

KerryBoston
09-22-2002, 03:22 PM
Hi all! I'm new here too.

I'll be 29 in a week or so. I live in the suburbs of Boston, MA with my partner of 6 years.

I started this whole weight loss thing in Oct. of 2000 and am down a total of 60 pounds with about 50 more to go.

My motivation is nill right now...so I'm hoping some new support will help me along. ;)

I'll hopefully get to know you all a little better!

Kerry

Wanttolosealot
09-22-2002, 05:27 PM
Hi Kerry,
And welcome to this crazy but fantastic site. You are doing great with your weight loss. Wow, 60 lbs. I am fairly new to this site myself. Have been on 3fc since August, and love every minute of it. Everyone is so nice here, and very encouraging. We talk about everything here, from weight loss, exercise, our families , or whatever the topic of the day may be. I myself am bisexual, and married to a great guy for 12 years and have two children.
Welcome and hope you enjoy your time with this wacky bunch.
Virginia

Wildfire
09-22-2002, 05:49 PM
Welcome Tooty and Kerry!

Terrigrrl...so glad to hear the date went well! :cp:

Soozie, what color are the tables now? I bought stain to do my dining set, oh about two months ago....and there it sits in the corner....someday, if I EVER get a vacation, maybe that's what I'll do. Hey, congrats on the gym-going!

squeaker
09-22-2002, 06:22 PM
Women, omen - whatever you wanna call us. The crazy part sticks no matter what!!! :) (side note - The Omen was one of the few movies that actually scared me.)

Welcome to the new chickies! Pull up a chair. Stick around, we are a fun but nuts bunch.

Not much to report here. Taking a mental health day tomorrow. :D I am so glad. I am even ditching out of a meeting.

Congrats to you gym going girls!!!

dentrassi
09-22-2002, 06:23 PM
HI KERRY!!! Sounds like you are doing really well!!! My motivation has been pretty poor lately too. Hopefully we can all get going again with each other's support and bullying!!!

Soozie-I'm getting an old dining room table from my parents and I want to refinish it. What kind of stripper do you use? I am new to this, and would prefer something non-toxic, but basically want something that WORKS!!

HI TO ALL THE REST OF YOU ALTERNACHICKS!!!!

Tooty8
09-22-2002, 08:29 PM
Thanks for all your welcomes, its great that you are all here. Well I reached my first goal-- for the first time in years I am under 17 stone:dizzy: so I bought myself the Monsters Inc. DVD--- been wanting to watch it for ages but havn't had the excuse to buy it!!

Barefoot--- I'm glad you had a good time, sometimes it can do you good to just chat with somebody who doesn't have an agenda.

Kerry- guess we are both newbies here, congratts on the weight loss already.

catch you all soon... tooty

mauvaisroux
09-22-2002, 09:51 PM
Evening everyone! :wave:

Welcome Kerry and congrats on the weight loss:cp: sounds like you are doing well already!

Soozie: the Discword books starts with the book "The Colour or Magic" (that's color for you U.S. chickies ;) ) You don't need to read them all in order but that is the first one and you meet a lot of the recurring characters in it. One of my favorites in the series is called "Mort", Death decides to go on vacation in it has a goofball character named Mort fill in while he is away, chaos, adventure and hilarity ensue! :lol:

Squeaker- Nanny Ogg shows up in the third book called "Equal Rites".

Barefootgrrrl- glad you had a good time on your date:)

barefootgrrrl
09-23-2002, 09:59 AM
Welcome Kerry! You will enjoy it here- these women are a great bunch.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. My husband returned from Seattle with two pounds of fresh salmon ( it was so good!) and he brought me a beautiful chile ristra. I have to go to the craft store to buy lacquer at lunchtime so I can preserve it. I am not the crafty type, but I will try (fingers crossed - it doesn't sound too hard!:lol: )

We are finally getting cooler weather tomorrow - yeah! I will start exercising someplace other than the pool!
I love walking!

I am in a silly mood today. We all stayed up late last night watching old I Love Lucy reruns. She is my daughter's favorite comedienne. We saw the grape stomping episode and my girl was rolling on the floor laughing - I love to see kids giggle and enjoy humor like that.

Virginia - hope you had a fun time with your friends over the weekend!

I'm going to try one of those mental tricks to keep me motivated in losing. I am going to buy a skimpy outfit and hang it up on my clothing rack. Has anyone ever tried this? Did it help at all!?

terrigrrrl - resorting to all sorts of tricks
:lol:

ellis
09-23-2002, 12:08 PM
hey y'all!
Welcome Tooty and Kerry!!

Just got back from the gym. I had a great one hour workout. I must go and bathe....
back later darlings...
xo ellis

dentrassi
09-23-2002, 12:11 PM
HEY ELLIS!!!!!

GOOD FOR YOU FOR EXERCISING YOU STINKY THING YOU!!!!!!!

XXOO

KerryBoston
09-23-2002, 12:24 PM
Hi all!

Thanks for the kind welcomes! We had horrible rain last night - kept waking me up, I'm exhausted. Despite that fact, I'm going to attempt to get back on the dreadmill...oops I mean treadmill today after work.

Have a great day!
Kerry

Punkinseed
09-23-2002, 01:13 PM
Hello wild, wacky, wonderful ladies!

Terrrrri - Sounds like a great first meeting! I didn't even think about that "no rush" thing - that makes a lot of sense! Good for you!
I used to hang a favorite dress on the closet that I wanted to get into and unfortunately that didn't work but I think you should try it! For me, it probably had more to do with the fact I was eating my way through a bad marriage than anything!

Welcome Kerry!!!!

Dent - omen, women... which ever, I'll answer! :lol:

Good weekend, celebrated the eqinox with friends and ate too much as usual... Fall is my favorite time of year so I'll start decorating the house soon...

Squishy kisses,

Terri

soozie
09-23-2002, 03:21 PM
Hi gals. Got to the gym Friday and Saturday...as I said, hope this starts a new trend. Still working on furniture refinishing...can't even believe what I've spent on supplies!

Had to work this morning then picking kiddo up from school at 3:00, hangin with her for awhile and back to work at 6:00pm...will be really hard to go back tonight!

Work has been too slow...not making enough money and spending too much...have to stop focusing on my projects that cost money and focus on the stuff that makes me money!!!!! :)

Kid didn't want to get up and go to school again this morning...she takes after me...wants to just hang out, play awhile, watch tv...

We may go see Raffi this weekend, just found out that he will be in town. Have any of you ever had the pleasure?? I thought that he must be like 90 years old by now but guess he's still touring...well the Stones are so...guess you're never too old to rock. :lol:

Talk to you later...ps...I've been eating too much...somebody inspire me....
Love, Soozie

Tooty8
09-24-2002, 10:00 AM
Hi girls, hows everyone today? My feet are killing me, I decided to walk back to the video shop yesterday to take back a dvd, its about a mile away, but when I got there I thought 'oh, what a beautiful day I think I will carry on walking'!!!!!

I got back in the house 2 and half hours later absolutly shattered. I feel ok today apart from a blister on the sole of me foot.

Keep positive, catch you later..tooty8:wave:

ellis
09-24-2002, 12:23 PM
Gee Tooty, good for you!!
My body's aching all over from working out at the gym yesterday.

Soozie... I can't stop eating either. I'll inspire you if you'll inspire me. ;)

Hello all you sweet things...
xo

soozie
09-25-2002, 01:40 AM
Hey Tooty...you go girl...walk and walk and walk! I went to the gym again today. Can't believe it but I did...and Ellis, you go too girl...another day at the gym...good for you.

So, here's the inspiration Ellis...don't eat crap..eat healthy stuff...oy that isn't very inspirational is it...hold on, my DP is here let's get some advice from her...okay DP what do you want to say to Ellis to inspire her to stop eating everything in sight...
Words of Wisdom from Soozie's DP,

Ellis, you can have a little treat but,
not real late at night...get a good book and you won't want
to eat at night...get the Weight Watchers desserts, they're
pretty good...Stonyfield fat free chocolate yogurt is delicious if
you're a chocoholic...the bottom line is when you lose weight you're
going to feel terrific...you'll look and feel better and you'll have
better sex.... :s:

Ditto to what she just said...
Love, Soozie

:wave: :strong:

Wanttolosealot
09-25-2002, 07:28 AM
Hey Soozie's DP
You should do a commercial for Stonyfield Fat free
yougurt. I can see it now!

Taste great, helps lose weight and improves your sex life 100%, stop by your grocer today and pick some up.

Sorry, just being funny this morning! Guess what? I went to the gym last night and I feel greeeatttt! I am going back tonight. Can't wait!
On the negative, however still postitve side, I only lost 1/4 lb this week, but I thought I had gained about 2 or 3 so I guess all things considered not to bad!
Well, gotta go do so crunches, have a shower and get ready for work!
oxoxoxox
Virginia

soozie
09-25-2002, 02:25 PM
hey Virginia,

I was almost afraid to post my DP's message because she mentioned brand names and we're cautioned against advertising but since we don't work for or hold stock in any of those companies I figured it would be okay.

I'm home sick today. Tried to get going this morning. Had a date with the guy at the paint store. He was going to teach me how to do a faux finish in my living room. The effect is done with adding glaze to the paint and then "ragging" the paint over the base color. I got to the paint store and started feeling really queasy. I had to decide what would be more embarrassing...to have to run out on him and say sorry I feel sick or to stay and then not be able to concentrate on what he was saying and then puke on the sample board while he was painting...

I opted for "sorry, gotta go" and not a moment too soon...got home and puked on the front lawn. If you can call it a lawn...we're really naturalized here...so, I'm trying to rest and not start sanding my tables...hard to resist...I'll see how sick I feel as the day goes on.

Talk to you later girlies,
Soozie

Wanttolosealot
09-25-2002, 02:43 PM
Soozie,
SO sorry to hear you are feeling ill. Likely all the sanding and paint fumes. Hope you are feeling better soon. Take care
Virginia

Punkinseed
09-25-2002, 02:56 PM
Oh noooo Soozie!!! I hope you feel better soon... No doubt you made the right decision to just leave!

I'm feeling a little sick today too - nothing quite as bad as Soozie though thank goodness! Last night I was sitting, ok, laying in my recliner thinking "god, my limbs feel like lead and I don't feel so good" - then the phone rings, I let it go to my voice mail and it's my friends that I spent last Saturday with saying, among other things, that they're all sick... love ya, thanks for sharing your germs... :dz:
So much for starting to exercise... guess it'll have to wait a day or two until I feel human.

I managed to get kitty #1 (Luna) through her vet visit yesterday without a fight from the Dr. about her vaccinations. The first (and last) time she was vaccinated she went into anaphyalactic shock and had a $200 emergency vet visit at 8pm. Thankfully, the Dr. that saw her yesterday was the same Dr. that treated her that night and agreed that she and her sisters will never receive another vaccine again and are going to have to be indoor kitties for the rest of their lives.... that doesn't break my heart, they were never going to be outdoor cats anyway - we have owls that EAT cats up here! :eek:

Guess that's all for now, gonna go take some C for this bug...

Terri

Wanttolosealot
09-25-2002, 04:06 PM
Well girls I did it!!
I purchased a years membership to the gym. I was on such a high last night I just knew I would be addicted so I went this afternoon after work, even though I can not afford it and paid for a year.
It is such a natural high,-cardio, pumping iron, working the chest and arms, legs and thighs. I love it!
:cb: :strong: :)
Virginia

ellis
09-25-2002, 05:37 PM
Geepers, all you poor ol' sickies. (knock on wood)
Would you like me to sing you a lullaby?
Soozie, I'm sorry but I have a very vivid imagination, and picturing you puking on the front lawn made me shriek with laughter.
Why isn't your DP joining us here? We'd love to have her... we'll bug the **** out of her, but isn't that what we're all about?

Terri, your poor kitty...
My mom wants to take their cat in for a "lion cut", but my father thinks 45 bucks is outrageous. The cat's hair is long, and it gets all over EVERYTHING!

Virginia, good one on the exercising, girl!!

Soozie's DP... the problem with reading (which I do constantly) is that I like to eat at the same time. Something in a bowl. Like chips or bridge mixture. I like to do that constant "dipping my hand into a bowl and raising it to my mouth" thing. And please don't suggest celery. BLAH!! Something low-fat.... hmmmmm.... maybe the yogurt? A 500ml tub?

gotta run and have a nap. All of you sick girls take good care of yourselves. Cider vinegar and a couple of puffs from the puffer will keep a cough away. I don't know what to suggest for stomach flu. But if you lose any weight with it, would you spit in a jar and mail it to me? I could stand to lose a few myself.

xoxo

dentrassi
09-25-2002, 08:24 PM
Poor Soozie!!! Hope you feel better soon!!:sp:

Ellis-DS #2 came home sick again....WHAT do you do with the cider vinegar and puffer?

Wanttolosealot-CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Good for you for joining that gym!!

Punkin-Glad to hear the vet listened to you!! It must have been scary seeing your cat go into anaphylactic shock. Hope you feel better too.

Soozie's DP-Actually, I prefer to look at it another way. Enough great sex and I don't need the food!!! Unfortunately myDH won't allow me to beep him when I want sex.......isn't that unreasonable?

katrinabgood
09-25-2002, 08:52 PM
But if you lose any weight with it, would you spit in a jar and mail it to me? I could stand to lose a few myself.

Ellis, YOU SLAY ME! I just laughed so hard, I peed in my pants, THANKS A LOT!

Off to find some new drawers...

still chuckling...

ellis
09-25-2002, 10:43 PM
Oh dear, I'm so sorry, Kat darling. Peed your pants, huh? That makes ME laugh! :twirly:

Okay, 1 tsp of cider vinegar in a glass of water. One to three times a day. I know it's not proven, but it ALWAYS works for me. I've been using it for about 5 years now, and I've hardly been sick at all. I used to catch every cough and cold around.
I used to take it once every day, but now I just take it when someone in the family is sick. Or if I feel that I'm coming down with something. Like right now... the entire family's been down sick with a cough/cold for 2 weeks. Hacking and sneezing like you wouldn't believe. But am I sick? (knock knock) NO!!
(And I am NOT responsible for forcing my family to take cider vinegar... it's there for the taking)

And the puffer? What the heck are those thingys called? Ventilator? For my occasional asthma. Inhaler. Anyhow, it's handy when you've got a cough or cold... helps you to breath easier.
Doctor Ellis. :D

Has anyone here used an elliptical machine? It feels really weird to use.

Punkinseed
09-26-2002, 11:54 AM
Yea Ellis, you had me crackin' up here too... A mix of laughing and grossed out! :p
I have an elliptical machine and love it! I bought it a few months ago - promptly threw out my back doing some strenuous work (ok, I was bending over to pick up my bathroom garbage can :rolleyes: ) and have only been using it 5 min. at a time...

Dentrassi - Yea, scary is right... poor baby had labored breathing, panting (and cat's DON'T pant), her eyes closed real tight and she curled up in a tight ball. If you touched her she'd make this weird moaning cry. They gave her a shot of antihystamine & cortizone in the vet ER and about 4 hours later her breathing slowed. No, never ever again are we going through that.

Crappy morning... I fell on one of the cat's toys (huge plastic doughnut with ball inside) while walking towards Maia to see what she was chewing on (sounded like glass, it was plastic - they broke 3 vertical blinds last night). Before my knee hit the ground (yeah, rug burn!), I felt my foot literally try to fold in half (as in big toe trying to bend over the top of my foot) - I also tweaked my back again and put a silver dollar sized bruise on my shoulder when I hit the corner of the table in the front room. I've got my foot iced and a small bruise starting around the base of my big toe... I don't think I broke it, but it smarts pretty good. I'm wondering if my subconscious didn't do this on purpose so I can't do anything???? Vacation is in 1 week and 4 days.... if I don't kill myself first.

Terri

Wanttolosealot
09-26-2002, 02:48 PM
Oh No Punkinseed
So sorry to hear of your CATastrophy!! Seriously, I hope you have no serious problems arise from it. Keep your feet up as much as you can and relax. Will check in tomorrow to see how you are.
Virginia

Punkinseed
09-26-2002, 04:28 PM
LOL! Virginia!!! CATastrophy... :lol: I didn't even think of that and I'm usually the quick witted one!!!
My toe's fine, no swelling or bruising now and it's fine to walk on. I'm shocked though because I *felt* how far it bent - guess I have good ligaments... I broke my left foot in '94 so I know what a broken foot feels like - this ain't it at all. :cb:

However, my stupid rug burn is gonna make me cry like a baby! :bb: Ouuuuch!

Terri :D

ellis
09-26-2002, 10:12 PM
Oh my gosh, Terri.... you're killin' me! I'm sorry... I just have such a vivid imagination. Everytime someone hurts themselves I giggle. It's a terrible habit... I inherited it from my grandmother. My gosh, every time I read your post I just want to roll around on the floor clutching my sides.
Rug burn.... maybe you should have an oatmeal bath. Do you have a blender? Throw a couple of cups of oats in it and grind them finely. Then throw them in your bath.
I hope you're feeling better tomorrow, sweetie. Honestly.

Yesterday at the gym I did 10 minutes on the treadmill, then 10 minutes on the exercise bike, and then TRIED to do 10 minutes on the elliptical, but could only do 5. PHEW!!! What a killer! You're lucky you've got one at home!
xo

soozie
09-27-2002, 03:14 AM
hi girls. Oh, Terri, major ouch girlfriend...hope you're okay!!!! BE CAREFUL....vacation in the distance, no time to get big boo-boos!

Ellis, there is an eliptical at my gym. Its a lifestride or something like that. It is really smmooooooth. I love the feeling. The first time that I got on I did about three minutes. Since I had almost fainted one day when the trainer was working with me she cautioned me about staying on too long. She said it elevates your heart rate rapidly. Now I can do 10 minutes. I had worked up to 30 before I stopped going to the gym. I'll get back to 30 again...soon I hope.

talk to you tomorrow. Soozie

OI812
09-27-2002, 06:47 AM
Good morning ladies,
I think I may have finally found a place where I belong.
A little about me. I'm 30 yrs. old, 2nd marriage, bisexual, have 2 kids from my first marriage. Son will be 12 in Dec. and daughter will be 9 in Dec. I work 2 jobs. P/t mornings in a breakfast cafe and full time evenings in a restaurant. I need to lose about 10-15 lbs altogether and have lost 5 lbs so far. Started going to the gym this week on a regular basis. Thought I have a years membership, might as well use it! LOL Oh, and I live in Simcoe Ontario Canada. I see there are some other Canadians on this thread too!
I'm not following any particular plan, but just watching what I eat and controlling portion sizes and exercising.
I can't chat long as I have to jump in the shower and get ready for work.
Anyways, I hope to make some lasting friends here who will all share in life, and support each other through this weightloss journey we follow!
Have a great day and if I'm back in time later, I'll pop back in. If not, I'll chat with you all later.
Have a great day!

Kelly

ellis
09-27-2002, 08:40 AM
Welcome Kelly!! :dance: Good for you going back to the gym!

Soozie, thanks for your comment re: the elliptical... I'll be careful. I thought there must be something dreadfully wrong with me because I could only do 5 minutes. Obviously I need to work UP to 10!
Oh, and I just figured out what the emergency clip is for on the treadmill. :lol:

Terri darling... how's your poor bod? Are you okay? xo

katrinabgood
09-27-2002, 08:47 AM
Good Morning Alterna-babes!

I'm feeling much more cheerful today, no thanks to the weather...rain, rain, rain...I have been exercising and eating well...it really makes a big diff in the mood dept.

Gotta go feed the boy...back later...

ellis
09-27-2002, 09:18 AM
Glad you're feeling better, Kat! hugs...

Wanttolosealot
09-27-2002, 10:10 AM
Hey Welcome Kelly
Ellis or anyone what is an elliptical machine. I do not think there is one at my the gym i go to. There is a cross trainer, and that sure works the *** off ya. I tried it for the first time last night. Wow, what a workout. Are the rest of you weight training too, or are you just doing cardio.
Kat- Glad you are feeling better, exercise can really brighten ones spirit.
Ellis- YOu really crack me up! YOu have the greatest outlook on life.
Take care chickadees!

Virginia

barefootgrrrl
09-27-2002, 12:17 PM
Thanks Virginia for asking about an elliptical.

I've been meaning to ask and just felt shy about it -

I exercise at home through walking or the treadmill - so I don't know much about other machines........ one of these days I'll get my nerve up to walk into a gym. What I really need to do is learn how to do some resistance training.

Is that what life is sometimes? one long list of things to get to?

Terri - I send a kiss for your boo boo :lol:

Ellis - wow! on your exercising - I'm not worthy :lol:

Kelly - nice to meet you :)

Ok, gotta run to get some work done y'all.

Oh, little measure of joy - down 2 more lbs this morning - I think that brings it to 11

terrigrrrl

Tooty8
09-27-2002, 12:34 PM
Hey girls how is everyone who was poorly feeling? glad i'm on this side of the water with all you poorly folks knocking around!!:p

Well weigh in this morning and have lost a total of nine pounds in 2 weeks, not bad because have hardly done any exercise apart from the mammoth walk the other day.

The puppy has had her second shot so as from next week I will have no choice but to get out and walk, as a 13 week old labrador who is growing like you wouldn't believe won't let me sit around when she could be flinging herself around on the beach.

Does anyone work night shift? just want to know if it is better to try and eat during the day between sleeping and not eat at all while I am awake during the night, or just shift mealtimes around and have them at night. Does that make sense?

catch you all soon, tooty8

Punkinseed
09-27-2002, 12:38 PM
Greetings from clutzville! :wave: and happy Friday!

Kelly - Welcome to our wild little group!!

Ellis - Yea, I laughed too. Actually while I was still sitting on the floor thinking I'd just broken my foot I was thinking "oh screw it, I've got cruise control and someone can carry my butt onto the boat - I'm goining on vacation dammit!!!". My Mom's more concerned for me than I am, but I guess that's typical...

Kat - You sound much better! Glad you're outta the blues... :cb:

Terrrri - Aaawe, thank you for the boo-boo kiss! I had a giggle last night when my middle kitty, Stella started licking my foot. My first thought was "awww, she's kissing it better" - then I realized it was probably the minty icey-hot stuff she was licking off... so much for loving affection. :rolleyes:

Ok, laundry list of hurts - my foot (mostly all my toes) and knee, my neck and back are stiff. Bruise on my shoulder, arm and rug burn on my knee... Thankfully, the foot's not broken, but I think I did either sprain or just pull a few ligaments around most of my toes - one of them has a tiny bruise. I rented a few movies to watch this weekend so I can just rest. Saturday night I have our 2nd annual Cowboy Poetry and Music night here on our ranch which I'm helping set up, etc... so, I'll just have to be the gimpy one I guess. Thanks for all your well wishes!

Well, Mom always said if you're gonna do something, do it right!

Ok, back to work...

Terri

ellis
09-27-2002, 12:59 PM
Oh phew, Terri... I was afraid you'd be mad at me for laughing. Now I can really let loose. hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Cowboy Poetry and Music night? What a hoot! That must be so much fun. Ranch? You have a ranch? Did I miss something? Can we city folk have a Cowboy Poetry and Music night, or is it exclusive to ranchers? That makes me think... I haven't watched a Western in YEARS! Maybe I'll rent some...
And the boat... you don't mind if we come along on your vacation, DO you?
Take good care of yourself, sweetie... I'm serious about the oatmeal bath.

Virginia, what a sweet thing to say... thank you. You perked me up just when I was feeling a little crappy. :)

What's an elliptical? I have no idea. I think it's sort of a cross between a stair-climber and a crosstrainer. You've got your feet on these thingys... like the stair-climber... but instead of going up and down they go in a circular forward (or backward) motion. And you can change the incline so that you're going uphill or downhill.
It requires incredible balance to let go of the bars. Something I haven't mastered yet. Although I CAN let go on the treadmill now. It wasn't until I almost slipped off the end that I realized what the emergency clip was for. I refuse to use it. I'd rather die. As well as stopping the treadmill, I figure it probably emits some blaring siren to let everyone know that you've fallen off.
I can just picture myself lying prostrate on the floor with dozens of people gathered around me proffering water bottles.

Oh, and yes... I'm doing weight training, too. It's really good for you .... muscle burns more calories than fat. Do it, Virginia. It's great to feel the muscle burn. (sort of)

Tooty, good job on losing weight! You go girl!! Ummm, can't help you with the meal management thing. I'm still working on my first coffee, and I can't make head nor tail of your question. :dizzy:
Anyone here on nightshifts?

And Terrigrrrrl, if I can join a gym, so can you (because nobody has a bigger inferiority complex than ME!). I know EXACTLY how you feel. I was so inhibited, but now I just don't give a damn... I feel so good that I'm doing something for myself. And I HAVE to go because I'm paying for it. :D You'll work up the nerve to do it one day, and when you do, you're going to feel fantastic!!

later darlings...

katrinabgood
09-27-2002, 08:02 PM
Da Da DAAAA!!!! Night Shift Girl to the rescue!!!

Yes, Tooty8...the night shift is my domain...I hate it, but what can ya do? When I'm "in the zone" and really dieting well, I try to eat in the following manner...Breakfast is when I wake up after working...this may be at noon or it may be 2 or 3 pm. Dinner (main meal) is with the family, whatever time that may be...6? 7? "Lunch" or a light meal while I'm at work, and a light snack, fruit maybe, before bed at 9 AM-ish. Of course, on my days off, it all reverts to "normal" meal times...I can't tell whether I'm coming or going half the time. Come to think of it, working this shift may be the reason I'm having such a hard time taking the weight off this time around...hmmm...of course eating cookies and ice cream with abandon doesn't help either...

Gee, I hope that was helpful! Good luck!

Terri...you go girl! 11#...yes!!

Kelly...welcome!

Soozie...I hope you're feeling better, hon...nice show for the neighbors, by the way!

ellis...you are just a font of home remedies, aren't you? You are too cool.

Punkin...feel better, toots. Cowboy Poetry and Music night sounds neat...can I come?

Virginia...ooh! the cross trainer! Talk about sweatin'!! I can do about 10 minutes and I'm done with that one...

Thanks to all for your good wishes...you guys are an amazing group!

Dh and I are off to Atlantic City tomorrow...we're driving sonny down that way for a scout campout and figured we'd spend the night...We're not big on the casinos, but I don't mind walking the boardwalk, doing some people watching...hopefully the tropical storm will have blown on by, by then.

Gotta run...dh has dinner ready...(atta boy!)

ellis
09-27-2002, 08:07 PM
Kat, have fun with DH tomorrow!!

dentrassi
09-27-2002, 11:29 PM
WELCOME KELLY!!!!!

Wanttolosealot
09-28-2002, 02:15 PM
Hi girls,
I have a question for you all. My friend is wanting to start her own non- profit weight loss/support group. Was wondering if any of you have any idea how we should go about organizing and starting a non-prifit group and how it is to become recognized? ANy feedback, ideas, tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Virginia:dizzy:

rochemist
09-30-2002, 11:36 AM
Okay how funny am I .

I have no problem sleeping with my husband fat. I can be as sexy and nasty as ever, but I would not even dream of looking for a nice girlfriend like this:o

Is that the silliest thing u have ever heard:?:

I think it rings in my ears my last gf said "I would have never been with u if u were fat" And every woman looks thinner to me:dizzy:

So am I alone on this one?

Ms. Chris :queen:

squeaker
09-30-2002, 01:15 PM
ok so I know I said I wasn't going to California, but I maybe there for a weekend at the end of October. That is if my training gets approved. There just happens to be a training sight about 45 minutes away from my boy. :)

ellis
09-30-2002, 02:07 PM
Okay Squeak, we won't say a word.

ellis
09-30-2002, 02:23 PM
Ummm, Soozie... Terrigrrrl... you're gonna have to answer Ms. Chris. I just can't relate. ;)

Virginia... sorry hon, I have no idea. It sounds like a great plan though!

OI812
09-30-2002, 03:44 PM
Hi ladies!
What a weekend! I'm glad it's over with! Weekends are no big deal for me. Everyone looks forward to the weekend cause it means the end of a work week for them. For me, my work week is just beginning. In the waitressing business, weekends are your peek periods! Plus I had to go to my husbands co-workes funeral. He was going to be 42 in Nov. He left a wife behind(his second wife)and to teenage boys from his first marriage. And get this, he was only married for 13 months and his wife is 3 months pregnant! Talk about feeling sorry for her! And the funeral service was in the same church that they got married in! Anyways, I told my husband this should be a wake up call for him!
Okay.....today I jump on the scales as I do every week and I'm up 2 lbs! It's not from over eating, and it's not from not doing exercises so I think it's because I am building up muscle. I do 105 lbs on the leg press 40 times, and that has to be building some kind of muscle somewhere!
I went to the dentist today! I won't say how long it's been since I've been to the dentist, but lets just say it's been a long time! I have a broken tooth on the upper left back of my mouth. It's been bothering me for some time now so finally I went to the dentist. She says it's my wisdom tooth that is broke and it's got a cavity to the gumline. And that my upper right wisdom tooth is broke, my lower left wisdome tooth is partially inpacted, and won't come through any more and that my lower right wisdom tooth has a bad cavity in it. So guess what I have to get done!
Yup....I have an appointment Oct 17th at 10:30 a.m. with an oral surgeon for consultation on extracting all 4 of my wisdom teeth! Can you say that this big baby here is scared to death! I have never had surgery before in my life, except when I was 2 and had my tonsils out but that doesn't count because I don't remember a thing about it! I've heard horror stories from people about how badly their mouth hurt after the surgery. And I've watched to many t.v. shows where people get sick to their stomaches after coming to from the anethesia! And I don't want to get sick because I hate getting sick! And for the Canadian friends out there, I heard that it's done in the hospital? And if so, does O.H.I.P. cover it?
After I get my wisdom teeth taken care of, I'm going to get my teeth cleaned and get a couple of cavities filled. Oh I also have. lets see if I can spell this remotely right, decalcification. Which my dentist says is that my enamel is coming off my teeth in spots and is causing a browning on my teeth which I thought were cavities that aren't. So she is going to put on a clear protective coating on them, bonding I think she said and I'm supposed to brush with sensedym(however you spell it) toothepaste.
So that was my extent of my weekend and today in a nutshell! LOL
I have to work at 4 tonight till 8 or 9ish. I'll pop back in here and check on you girls before I settle down to watch the season premiere of Third Watch! I just love that show!
Anyways, I've babbled long enough that I could turn this message into a short novel!
Everyone take care and I'll talk to you all tonight!

Kelly

barefootgrrrl
09-30-2002, 07:12 PM
Kelly - well, at the very least you came to the right place to talk about it! :lol:

There's been a lot of dentalchat around here lately - ask any of us - lots of root canals and crowns in this group lately......

but seriously, good luck with all of it. I feel it with you - the expense and the inconvenience and dare I say it? pain......yuck.

I am fighting with my dental insurance co. right now to have a root canal re-done - eek! but as the voice of experience in a long line of dental treatments, let me say that it's only scary when you haven't had any treatment done in a while - after you start the series - you get used to it:spin:

Virginia - would you want to make sure it's registed as a non -profit in order to avoid having to pay taxes? maybe you could look that up on the Revenue Canada website?

Okey dokey ellis - let me see what I can offer to Chris in terms of dating advice - woman to woman :lol:

I really don't think it is a gender issue. For example, if my current partner was a woman and I was looking to start a second relationship with a guy I would feel the same way and vice versa.

I've always found dating altogether more of a challenge when I don't feel positive about myself...... but I think that once you start doing something about it (losing, exercising, etc.) - you automatically feel better and gain more confidence with each passing day -

hugs - terrigrrrl

ellis
09-30-2002, 07:47 PM
Yeah, but Chris DOESN'T feel the same way...
That's where the confused Ellis comes in. ;)

barefootgrrrl
09-30-2002, 08:59 PM
yes, now that I've gone back and read her post - you're right.

I guess I see it a different way.......

time to call a new batter up to the plate to swing at this one!

terrigrrrl - back to the dugout:listen:

squeaker
09-30-2002, 09:34 PM
Ok I have enough problems keeping/understanding one (in my case non)relationship. I have no idea about 2! :no:

Sorry to all you girls with tooth trouble. ouch!

Um, ok, so the boy wants to tell our "friend" out in Cali that I am coming so she can come and visit too. I asked him not to if he hasn't yet. The more I thought about it the less I want to spend the weekend with her too. She is 6 hrs from there so it isn't like I can say "come visit for an hour then go". I really have to think about it. I will only have 1 full day there. I am flying in late Thursday, I have class until 5pm on Friday, Saturday free, then on the plane by noon Sunday. I am feeling insanely guilty and like a very bad friend right about now though. :cry: (but this is PMS week which means I am slightly emotional and it isn't helping)

I half wish that the class in NJ (the class I was planing on going to) wasn't full. It would be a **** of a lot easier, but no boy.

ellis
09-30-2002, 09:51 PM
UH UH, Squeak... you are going down to see your boy, NOT to see whatsherface. It's too long a trip for YOU to make to have a miserable time. Put your foot down.
And you're NOT a bad friend... you're a wonderful friend. She's the one with the problem. My psychologist told me to get rid of bad friends and not to feel guilty about it. They drain you of positive energy. Don't feel badly...
OH! And I recently read an article in the New York Times about dumping bad friends... it's the right thing to do.
Anyhow, I'm rambling... go and have fun. And NO GUILT!!
hugs...
xoxo

mauvaisroux
09-30-2002, 11:40 PM
Hi chickies!

Squeak-you only have a short time to see the boy so why waste it on someone you don't really want to see? Life is too short to be sacrificing what you need to do for yourself. Go have a fun day just you and the boy :)

dentrassi
10-01-2002, 12:38 AM
SQUEAK!!!!!- DITTO!!!!! And I bet your boy will be thrilled that you want to spend the day with HIM, regardless of what he is saying now.

ENJOY!!!

soozie
10-01-2002, 01:21 AM
Squeakette, If Ellis, Den, Mauvais and the New York Times says it then I says, no way to whatsherface...twos company, threes a crowd...well, no offense to any of you that prefer the number three,, uh,...don't want to be politically incorrect, just responding to Squeaks statement about one as opposed to two partners and assuming she prefers...well, you know what I mean and Squeak, being a good friend means taking care of yourself too and not always self sacrificing...you don't really want her there and might be annoyed or resentful if she is there so you'll be being a better friend to her if you tell her to stay the **** at home. oops, did I say a bad word, sorry Mauvais.

Went to the gym today. Again.

Talk to you girlies tomorrow.
Love, Soozie

katrinabgood
10-01-2002, 08:38 AM
Good work, soozie-girl! Keep it up!
Squeak, I have one question...does the boy want the 'friend' there? Or is he just being nice, thinking you want her there?

Anyway...don't feel guilty... Three's a crowd!

OI812
10-01-2002, 08:44 AM
Good morning ladies,

Squeak....I agree with the other ladies. Don't invite her to come along. Next time when you go back there, then meet up with her, but this time just go and see your boy.

Today I have to go and pick up my car from the garage. I dropped in off yesterday morning for a tune-up, to fix my defrost and to see what was making the clunking sound from the front of my car when I went over bumps and turned the steering wheel left. At 1:30 p.m. yesterday my husband called to see if the car was done yet and they said they were waiting for a part. I called at 3:30 and it still wasn't done yet, so I said I'll be around in the morning to pick it up because I'm on my way to work. Now, they've had my car all day yesterday and I'm worried that when I go today they are going to hand me a bill for $1000! Mind you I have that money, but I had saved it up from my tips and I wanted to use it for xmas presents! I might have to start all over again saving the money!
Oh, and today is laundry day too. I don't have a washer and dryer here so I have to go to the laundry mat and do it. I don't want to by a washer and dryer until we buy our house which we are hoping to do by next spring. Plus, we have to put the washer and dryer in the basement here and to get to the basement we have to go outside! And that can be a bugger in the middle of winter!
I don't have to work today! Yippee! But of course, I have a million things to do. Mostly pertaining to housework! Hubby has to work tonight so I will have most of the evening to myself! I'll have to hit the hay early tonight though cause I've got to get up at 5:30 a.m. to get ready for my p/t job that I have to be at by 7.
Anyways, I've babbled on long enough.
Hope you ladies have a great day and I'll check back in later.
The weather man says we are supposed to be getting a very warm and sunny day today!

Take care
Kelly

Tooty8
10-01-2002, 09:00 AM
Thanks Katrina about the night shifts, I am sure that it is the shifts that make it harder to move the weight cos your day lenths vary so much over the course of the week.

Today I am back on late shift, i finnish at midnight, come home eat and then go to bed, next week I am back on nights so eat earlier in the evening than normal then try not to eat again untill I get up the following day---- nightmare cos then you have your days off and all routines go outa the window.

Hi to everyone else hope you all had a good weekend, catch you all towards the end of the week

squeaker
10-01-2002, 12:11 PM
Oh my that was a unanimous decision. :) Thank you for the support. I emailed the boy and I would like to see what he says. And I don't think he was expecting that reaction either. I wouldn't mind having dinner with her one night, but I know that can't be. It would be all or nothing. She is too far away. But I could be lucky, and she could have a boyfriend so I will be completely forgotten anyway. :devil:

barefootgrrrl
10-01-2002, 03:46 PM
Squeak - good for you :)

but I do have a question - maybe I am confused....are you saying that if she has a BF, she wouldn't want to spend time with you - but on the other hand - she would expect you to spend time with her even though you are wanting to spend your time with your boy?

If that's the case....it doesn't seem fair to me

:?:

I'm looking forward to hearing the trip report :)

hugs, terrigrrrl

dentrassi
10-01-2002, 05:55 PM
HAPPY OCTOBER!!!!

Soozie-GOOD FOR YOU for getting to the gym so much!!!! You are doing GREAT!!! XX

Terri-That is EXACTLY what she means!! Pretty nasty, huh? She is not a very good friend, which is all the MORE reason why I think she should just skip seeing her!!!

Tooty-Hope the schedule doesn't mess you up too much!!

Ellis-A big wet smooch to you too, for all the exercising you have been doing!!!!!

OI812-Don't they have to give you an estimate before they start all that work? Maybe you'll luck out!! Last time I thought it was going to be something big it was only $60!! Then again, the time before I went for an oil change and wound up spending $500!!!!!

"HI!" to everyone else!!!!!

squeaker
10-01-2002, 05:58 PM
Yeah Terri, you got it right. Pretty sucky huh? She is friends with both of us, so I think she figures it is fine. But she used to do a lot of underhanded things because all 3 of us are friends. She would tell the boy "gee I think squeak should come here for new years" (which was 5 hrs away and I had to work new years eve and on the 2nd). I had already told her no. She thought telling him to ask me, would mean I would change my mind and say yes. She would do the same thing with me to get him to do what she wanted. She finally figured out that it wasn't a good idea. We would talk, she would then get yelled at by me. One thing that stuck with me was once I told her that even if I did tell him what she wanted, it would not mean he would automatically do it. She replied "You have a lot more influence over him then you think you do". It was only then (after a year and a half of this) that I figured out that she may be jealous. (I am a little slow sometimes, plus the idea that anyone would be jealous of ME seemed odd)

Which is part of why I am probably not telling her I am there until the Saturday night I am there or before I leave the next morning. I heard back from the boy. He knows I wasn't sure about it, which is why he is letting me decide. He knew before I even had to tell him. He's such a smart boy :)

No more rambling about bad things. From now on I will only bore you all with the planning details. :D

PS - Kelly - babble all ya want :)

squeaker
10-01-2002, 06:02 PM
:lol: Ok so when I started writting the post Den hadn't posted yet. So all I can say is great minds think alike :)

Den says: Pretty nasty, huh?

I say: Pretty sucky huh?

ellis
10-01-2002, 06:10 PM
Yeah, that Den has a great mind when she drags it out of the gutter. :D

Squeak, what a sweet and sympathetic boy you have.

Thank you for the smooch, Den. If you could see how much I'm eating, you'd wonder why I bother exercising. I think I'm just breaking even.

dentrassi
10-01-2002, 06:11 PM
HI SQUEAK!!!

I was GOING to say something else, but last time I did Mauvais yelled at me!!!

dentrassi
10-01-2002, 06:12 PM
ELLIS!!! It is a great mind BECAUSE it is in the gutter!!!!

ellis
10-01-2002, 06:18 PM
oh yeah...

dentrassi
10-01-2002, 06:50 PM
Ellis-breaking even is a LOT better than gaining, and meanwhile you are building muscle!!!!

ellis
10-01-2002, 07:01 PM
Right!!! That's the ticket!!!
So hon, cleanliness this week, exercise next...

katrinabgood
10-01-2002, 08:38 PM
Squeak...Does this friend have any redeeming qualities that overshadow the sucky ones? Doesn't sound like it from this vantage point. If not...say bye bye! Does the boy see the manipulative side of her?

(Forgive my nosiness, but since I have no life, people who do fascinate me!)

I had another question, but I forgot it...

barefootgrrrl
10-01-2002, 10:11 PM
ok, this subject makes me want a vent an old peeve of mine.

Please indulge me here. Ok, *I know I am generalizing....but this has been ticking me off for years!*

Why does it seem that many women put their husbands or boyfriends ahead of their women friends?

I swear this is the truth, but I've always heard of guys going off and making plans with their guy friends - sure, they might check in first with their girlfriend or wife, but they still *go ahead and make plans*

many women will only make plans with their women friends after they find out that their guy is hanging with his friends.

What is up with that???? Am I the only one? Can I get a witness here?

Friendship is not to be taken lightly. Please tell me you chicks are not like that.

end of rant - terrigrrrl

squeaker
10-01-2002, 11:32 PM
Terri - I HATE women (and men that I am friends with for that matter) who do that!!!!! I have had a few guys where we would spend a lot of time with, talk to every day and then they meet a girl and it becomes "squeak? who is squeak?" (actually I have one of those men to thank for my nickname - the ONLY thing I have left from that friendship)
But I guess there has to be some balance. Part of the reason my boy and I broke up (almost 3 years ago now - ahhhhhhh - it makes it sound so long ago) was because I went out with my friends a lot more often then with him. He was feeling a little neglected. I saw him maybe once a week, and he thought it meant I didn't care and was hurt. But he never asked. I just thought that he wanted time to go out with his friends, and had more going on in his life. Oops. But anyway...

Kat - the very short answers to your questions are:
1. When she is sober, and not being a manipulative pain in the ***, she can be fun. Just comes in small amounts of time. And not being directly in the situation as much anymore, it is much easier to say what is wrong with the friendship. And she at least didn't try to date the boy because of me.
2. Does he know - well, he learned. He didn't at first. But she is cute and flirts with any guy with a pulse so they are easily distracted. And I tried very hard to protect him as much as I could.
The whole thing has been a mess. This all is acutally the shorter, less complicated version.

Den is right! Minds are a wonderful thing when they live in the gutter. :devil: Plus she is right about the muscle thing, Ellis. Soon you will be buff and will be able to kick some ***.

dentrassi
10-02-2002, 12:43 AM
Terri-YUP!!! DISGUSTO!! I had a friend who I ALWAYS made time for, sometimes to the disadvantage of my family, and when she moved in with her now husband she decided that taking him a cup of coffee while he was in the shower was more important than anything i had to offer!!! I finally wised up and she is no longer a friend. It took a while, but I realized finally that it was all about HER needs, and essentially I had to keep her happy in order to keep the friendship. VERY UNHEALTHY!!! THAT is why I am now so adamant about people getting rid of those kinds of people. BEEN THERE, DONE THAT!! And i think that a lot of us here need to learn to take better care of ourselves!!!

Ellis and Squeak- YUP!!! And when you are buff you can help Squeak kick my butt!!! :devil: :devil:

katrina-We want the details of YOUR life too!! I think my life is boring, but I tell other people and they sometimes find it interesting! WE may be fascinated by YOUR life!!

soozie
10-02-2002, 01:29 AM
Hey girlies. Thanks Kat and Den for the exercise encouragement. Once I get going it is fun actually.

I have been busy with work and with refinishing my tables. I finally gathered the pictures of my old and new kitchen and will be giving them to my sister who has a scanner and then I'll probably email to Ellis so she can post them somewhere in here for you all to see...is that okay Ellis? I was supposed to mail them to Ellis about two months ago....but, meanwhile sis got a scanner.

I'm feeling better physically. Nervous a bit about our planned trip to Disney World this November. I'm a white knuckle flyer. I hate to look or act anxious in front of my DD. She is afraid to fly now because last time we flew DD's ears bothered her on the plane. She is really scared that her ears will hurt. She is also a bit shy and is concerned that the characters will approach her with their big ole heads and scare her...or that I'll call them over to us and embarass her. I promised that I would not talk to any characters and wouldn't call them over unless she asked me too. It's hard when your Moms are both big kids and silly and like to be goofy...pardon the pun.

I heard about these ear plugs that reduce ear pressure when flying...anyone ever hear about them or try them...don't know where to buy them.

Well, gotta get some sleep. Love, Soozie

barefootgrrrl
10-02-2002, 08:42 AM
soozie - I don't know how you feel about this.......but I have a friend who suffers from severe flying anxiety. She deals with it by taking a tranquilizer just before the flight - that's the only time she takes one.... so that's how she justifies it. It helps her remain calm and get through the flight... hmmm - I may ask her for one the next time I go for root canal:lol:

Disney World sounds like so much fun though! you will have a great time. My daughter was 9 when we finally took her and she also did not want to get to close to the characters (this has been a recurring theme, we finally stopped taking her for an annual Santa visit because she was always scared of him too) - so we just focused on the rides! yippee! all 3 of us had a blast - adults too!

If you really don't want to fly.........maybe Amtrak is an option??

Squeak - you are right - it does happen with men too. My oldest friend ( known him since I was 13) has done this to me at times. Since college, we've lived far a part - so we stay in touch through calls, the mail, etc. Well, I can always tell when he has a new man in his life - I don't hear from him!!! I've complained about it - so he has gotten better.

Ellis - will you teach me how to become buff! I wanna be buff!!:lol:

ok Kat - spill - you must have some stories of your own, just waiting to come out :lol:

Den - couldn't your friend have helped her guy in shower and remained your friend too?? I'm thinking about what you said about jettisoning losers and users. The reason I have such a small circle of friends is because I finally got to the point in life where I would no longer tolerate users. I've since believed that we teach people how we deserve to be treated.

too much philosophy for one early morning before my first cup.. terrigrrrl

PS - Squeak - sounds like there are more interesting details in the story there :)

katrinabgood
10-02-2002, 09:11 AM
Oh, Soozie...November is a WONDERFUL time to go to Disney! We were there last Nov, arrived the day after Thanksgiving. That weekend was slightly crowded, but very tolerable, but the weekdays following were heavenly! No crowds, no lines, perfect weather...not too hot, AND they were decorated for Christmas! I could go on forever. It is such a magical place...I just loved it! Oh yeah...my kids did too! And they're old(er--16 & 10.) I never heard of the ear plug things, but I flew with my little CD player, headphones and a wonderful cd called "Chopin & Champagne." I closed my eyes for the two hours...it was a pleasureable trip...and I am a white knuckle flyer too, (was even more so, 2 months after 9/11.) Maybe a nice audiobook for your little one to listen to or some Disney tunes to put her in the mood would be a good distraction for her! And gum! You guys will LOVE IT!!

Well, ranting about Disney World has eaten up all my time for now...gotta help the boy get ready for school...do they EVER learn what goes with what? Come to think of it ...they don't, you should see the combinations dh comes up with!

see you later...

ps...den, terri...oh you would be fascinated by all the nut case stories in my family...dh's family too...they actually make me enjoy my boring life! I'm sure I could conjure up a tale or two...hmmm, let me see....Once upon a time...

oops! the boy! I forgot! gotta run!

soozie
10-02-2002, 10:58 AM
Hey Kat....thanks for the info. I'm starting to get excited about it today. And looking at our tickets the flight is only 2 1/2 hours...a mini flight so that shouldn't be too difficult.

I will look for an audiobook for the DD. She'll like that. I always bring a bag of supplies to ease my mind when we fly...snacks, water, gum, trashy magazines (ie People), games for kiddo, books for kiddo, crayons, paper, walkman...guess we're pulling the fisher-price blunt tipped scissors out of the travel arts and crafts kit!

Also, Terrigrrl...YOU best believe there will be some artificial relaxation juice going into this body that day...once, when we were traveling my regular family doc was out on maternity leave. I had to go to one of her associates and ask for a prescription for my tranq of choice and convince him that it was just for flying and that I was not a drug addict.

He wrote the prescription, finally, for TWO tablets only....TWO tablets, can you believe it? What if I gag on one or drop one? "everyone stand back, I dropped my pill, don't move, get the :censored: out of my way...don't step on it you :censored:, I need that thing." Can you imagine? Anyway, I'm stocked up for this trip if I need it. I'm going to see a therapist friend who is going to do some hypnotherapy with me and make me some hypnosis tapes to listen to. That will be nice. I've done some hypnosis with her before and it was very effective. But, back up drugs will be safely stored in the handbag... :lol:

Love, Soozie

Jinxii
10-03-2002, 06:48 AM
Hi everyone
I'm new here! Just found the site and looking forward to chatting with you all. I'm a single lesbian. My weights been up and down for many years. I have been dieting now for 7 weeks and have lost a stone. About another 4 stone to lose.
Jin x :flow1:

Wanttolosealot
10-03-2002, 07:49 AM
Hi Jinxii,
Welcome to this crazy bunch of gals. This is the coolest forum on the net, with such a wonderful diverse group of women. ANyway I wont go on and on as I usually do, but make yourself at home!
Virginia

ellis
10-03-2002, 08:16 AM
Hi Jinxii!! Welcome to our world :dance:
Come back and tell us all about yourself. And congratulations on losing the stone!

Ruthxxx
10-03-2002, 08:24 AM
Welcome, Jinx.

Hey - the milk is sour and has ruined my coffee! Now I can be pissed off for the day! (Well, maybe not - there is Hershey chocolate in this house so I'd better get over it!)

Drat! I'm off to get a refill with canned milk!

katrinabgood
10-03-2002, 09:57 AM
Welcome Jinxii!

Stupid American question here...how much is a stone? Cuz I think I may have a couple of boulders to lose!

Jinxii
10-03-2002, 09:59 AM
Hi :wave:

Thanks for the welcome Virginia. Ellis and Ruth.
So what to tell without boring you all silly! I live in the UK with my 14 year old daughter. I teach Primary ages 4-11 years. Really enjoying working part-time at the moment, because I get time to do other things! Mind you still finding excuses why I never got around to exercising today...;)
My partner and I split up earlier this year after 2 years, so still getting used to being single again really!
Spend most of my spare time with my daughter, when she can fit me in amongst her hectic social life!! Love reading, spending time with friends, driving, holidays...I warned you! Are you still awake?!
I haven't been following a diet as such, just counting calories, fat grams etc. Feels like such a long way to go at the moment, will be really nice to talk with others.

Ruth, I hope your day gets better :) Sure you will find something to take your mind off the chocolate, although it's making me hungry just thinking about it !

Take care all,
Jin x

Jinxii
10-03-2002, 10:05 AM
Hi Kat,

My mistake, I'm still stuck here in the dark ages!! A stone is 14 pounds. Boulders- Lol! You and me both ;)

Jin x:flow1:

Ruthxxx
10-03-2002, 10:22 AM
:lol: at Jin X. I'm Canadian and so is Ellis so we sort of understand the stone/pebble/boulder stuff. Sometimes when I am feeling fat, I switch my scale to metric so I can weigh under 100. Maybe I should switch to stones?

The chocolate is still intact - I think I may make it through the day!

ellis
10-03-2002, 02:10 PM
Jinx hon, we've been bored plenty worse than that, believe me! :lol: I've got a 13 year-old daughter. They DO get busy at that age, don't they. :rolleyes:
What do you (or should I say DON'T) do for exercise? Can we get you motivated?

Ruth, I'm slow... I just made the connection between the chocolate and the dog. That WAS the reasoning behind the choice of name, right? :D
NOW LOOK!! Why the **** do you have chocolate in the house anyhow?! Throw it out! If you think it's a waste, then come on.... you know better. And don't think you're going to save it for when you're slim... you can buy more later...

Kat, you're funny.

Ruth, isn't it time you switched over to powdered milk? You know that's all you're getting when you come to MY house!

Soozie, you must be so excited about your trip!

Terrigrrrl, I'll let you know what buff is when I find out. :lol:
And that thing about friends and partners? I know what you mean. I'm blessed with the best husband who's also my best friend, but we leave lots of room for our other good friends. If my good girlfriends need me, I'm there for them! (and yes, I've rid myself of all the loser friends who've done nothing but dump on me and use me. I've kept the friends who care as much about me as I care for them. Even if we don't have a lot in common, it's not easy finding a friend who genuinely loves you!)

hugs to all my wonderful friends on Alternachicks! :grouphug:

OI812
10-03-2002, 03:03 PM
Good Day Ladies,

First of all I'd like to say Hi and Welcome in Jinx!

This week is one big write off for me. It started off good on Monday, with me going to the gym. But I haven't been back. I've got my period this week and I'm eating everything in sight! Not junk food....the other stuff. I've decided that tomorrow morning that I'm going to go to they gym after my dd gets off to school. Enough is enough!

Ruth--Good going on not eating the chocolate.

Terrigrrrl--I don't have any girlfriends. Cept the ones I work with, but those are my "work" friends. Not people that I would like to hang out with if you know what I mean. I don't know where to begin to look for new friends and I do live in a small town. And I have a very needful husband who when he's not working wants to spend his time with me. So I think I would have trouble getting time away to be with my girlfriend. I guess you could say my husband is clingy. But he doesn't have any friends that he hangs with either. Such a sad life we live..LOL

Well, I'm off to settle down and watch some t.v. till dd gets home from school. And I have to work tonight at 6 so I'll talk to you ladies in the morning.

Take care
Kelly

Jinxii
10-03-2002, 04:32 PM
Hi Kelly, Thanks for the welcome :)

Ruth, you are sooo good, I could taste that chocolate from the UK! ;)

Ellis, exercise! :o I do have an exercise bike. I started doing 30 minutes daily, but must admit I have lapsed lately because it's just so boring! I walk as often as I can and I love swimming, although I haven't been near a pool since I saw our holiday photos from last year :eek: So my next goal before Christmas is to brave the pool.
Any exercise ideas/tips very welcome!
Oops, forgot! I love to dance, don't get out often but dance all the time at home, couldn't have a day without music!! :dance:

Have a good day everyone

squeaker
10-03-2002, 07:03 PM
Welcome to the nuthouse Jinx!!! :wave:

Kelly - during your period is the worst time for food cravings isn't it? :p Last month I didn't care what I was eating as long as I could put salt on it.

Ellis - does powdered milk taste like regular milk? Does it go bad? Do they sell it in the states? I never ever drink a whole container of milk before it goes. It might be worth it... And you will be buff in no time!! :)

Ruthxxx - If you really want the chocolate out of the house - you can always send it to mine :lol:

Soozie - your trip sounds like it will be a blast! I have never been to one of the Disney parks in the States, but I did go when I was in Tokyo in '94. Alot of people hate to fly, I hope the drugs work. :)

Kat - We want to hear those silly stories....

Terri - There are a lot of details, my last 2 years in college got stupid and complicated at the same time, most of which involved the boy, K (the pain in the butt chick), and a array of guys K dated.

Den - do you need another kick in the butt? I hope you are feeling better too... :)

I figured if by some miracle K calls me and we have a real conversation, I will tell her I will be there. Otherwise I will call her from the airport on my way out of San Jose. (I am betting on the phone call).

I got my "letter" from the boy. Turned out to be 3 postcards in an envelope because he wrote too much on the back of the first one and didn't leave room for my address. A lot of great details about his drive across the country. And at the end of the last one - "oh yeah mom is excited about you coming". I am going to his mom's house the day after Thanksgiving for the weekend. It is the day after he gets back from California, and the weekend of his birthday, and just a few days before mine. So for the first time I am going to drive to Ohio and stay at his mom's house. I met her once about a year and a half ago, and I know she likes me alot, but for some reason I am excited and a little bit nervous. When he first asked he said I could come for Thanksgiving too, but I said no. We celebrate my bday with my family that day. I think the nerves are from the fact this just keeps getting more and more like we are dating. :p

Anyway thats all from me and my boring life. The only things that happen in mine are things related to the boy, my family or work. He is the most exciting out of the 3 most of the time. :)

dentrassi
10-04-2002, 01:45 AM
WELCOME JINX!!!!!! You'll love it here, lots of wonderful women!!!! My kids are 15 and 12, so I understand what you mean about things being hectic!!

Squeak-Thanks for asking!! I've been really tired today. Maybe fighting something off. The upside? i haven't been AWAKE to eat all day!!!

Barefoot- I agree completely which is why she is no longer my friend. During a very lonely time in my life I started letting her treat me like a doormat, and it got worse as the years passed. Ending the friendship was the first step in the process of getting myself emotionally healthy. Still working on the emotional health, but I no longer let people treat me like a doormat. It was just a painful one because we had been friends for so long.

Ellis-I'm with you!! DH is my best friend too, but as you say we leave room for other friends and outside interests too.

Ruth-WOW!!! What willpower!!!! I could do it if the chocolate was Hershey (yuck) but not if it were cadbury (drooool...)

Soozie-We went to the one in CA about 3 years ago the day after Thanksgiving. TOO MANY PEOPLE FOR ME!!! DS #1, DH and i left early because we had just had it with the crowds. DS #2 stayed with our friends and had to be dragged out of there at closing time!!!! He is much more of a party animal than the rest of us!!!

HI TO THE REST OF YOU!!! I HAVE TO GO SLEEP NOW!!!

soozie
10-04-2002, 02:20 AM
Just a quick hi and welcome to Jinx...nice to hear about all that is going on with you girlies. Have to go get some sleep. Will be back tomorrow.
Love, Soozie

Jinxii
10-04-2002, 05:20 AM
Hi :wave: Soozie, Squeaker and Dentrassi. Thanks for taking the time to welcome me. This 'nuthouse' feels like home already!! Should I be worried?!
Dentrassi, how do you manage two teens?! I can only just keep up with one :spin:

Have a good day everyone

ellis
10-04-2002, 09:34 AM
Kelly, is there anything in your town that you and your husband could join? We used to live in a small town, and sometimes there would be things like curling, dancing lessons... offered at the community centre. Or what about a library? Do you and your hubby ever go for walks together? It would be good for both of you, and sometimes just walking through the village and saying hello to your neighbours can make you feel good. :)

Gee Jinx, sounds like you've got lots of options for exercising... lucky you!
Well, one tip... remember that you only have to do 10 minutes of cardio to get a fat burn. So even 10 minutes on that boring exercise bike with a book or a magazine is going to burn some calories. Plus build some muscle.
Speaking of building muscle, do you have any free weights? Doing some weights is an excellent idea. You don't have to do a lot. You'll build muscle, and the more muscle you have, the more calories you'll burn. And you'll look great.
Ah, if only we would follow our own advice. ;)

Den, how are you feeling today? Isn't that great (and highly unusual) when you're too tired to eat? :D
I'm sorry about your ex-friend, but I'm glad you got rid of her. Old friends aren't necessarily the best ones. ;)

Gee Squeak, I thought WE were the most exciting thing in your life! :lol: I'm very happy to hear about your plans with the boy. Keep your head on. ;)
Squeak, I've been using powdered milk for several years. I buy a big bag of it for $11 Canadian, and it usually lasts at least 2 weeks. We use it on our cereal, for cooking, etc. My son is the only one who will drink it, though. Blah. We buy an occasional carton of 2% for the kids to drink, but the powdered saves us a LOT of money! And I feel better for using it in my coffee instead of cream. It'll last for a few days made up in the fridge, but I usually just make up a few cups at a time as we need it.

Soozie, what are you up to besides sleeping? :yawn:

hello all you other darlings... xo

squeaker
10-04-2002, 10:53 AM
I MEANT the most exciting thing besides you guys Ellis!! :)

katrinabgood
10-04-2002, 09:29 PM
Hey kids...

I'm so psyched...I've been totally OP two whole days in a row!! I have been fairly consistent with exercise lately...at least 4x/week...my goal is daily exercise. I just got back from the gym, I swam laps, 'cause I missed the aquacize class by 1/2 hr. I did 20 laps! Big improvement over the measly 4 I did the last time I attempted such a feat! I have my bag packed, I'm heading back over after work tomorrow morning.

I AM FOCUSED!

Gotta jump into bed now...need my beauty rest before work. ;)

Have a good weekend all...

squeaker
10-04-2002, 09:42 PM
Today sucked royally. A 11 hr day at work w/a small salad as lunch at my desk. Nothing worked right. Oh yeah and I blew the not eating after 8pm thing since I didn't get home until 7:45. 2 Motrin and a order of fries, a piece of garlic bread, and some chicken wings later, I now have a tummy-ache to go with the headache. Now I am going to try and sleep. I haven't gotten much more then 3 hours at a time for the last 2 weeks. :p

Have a good evening girls. :)

soozie
10-05-2002, 12:05 AM
Hey girls. Well, Ellis, I've been cleaning my upstairs-walk-in-scare-y-as-any-thing-and-loaded-with-crap closet out. I had to move a bunch of my stuff from way back in art school days since we are having the living room painted and I had a bunch of junk stored in an alcove, landing area at the top of our stairs. So while moving it I decided to get it stored away in the closet and therefore had to clean out the closet! What a serious mess. It was DP's idea to do it...she got me started and then disappeared!

So, the painters were here today and the place looks so much better already. We were going to do a faux finish on two of the walls...I may or may not do that at this point because it looks pretty good just with the base color, but we'll see when its all finished.

I'm still working on my furniture refinishing project and have also been working more hours at the office. Business has picked up a bit which is good...as I had said before, I was spending more than I was making for a while there...not a good thing.

I'm thinking about doing a mosiac on the fireplace mantel as a finishing touch in the living room. But, I dare not buy any materials to do that until the tables are finished unless I want to get a fast divorce...just kidding but I think my projects do work DP's nerves at times.

I have been going to the gym too.

So, as you can see I've been a busy girl.

Less insomnia, less time to talk to you all...sorry my friends...I do miss you :grouphug: and will be here but maybe only four days a week instead of seven.

Love, Soozie (the original lesbian :) ) :wave:

dentrassi
10-05-2002, 12:36 AM
WOW!! I slept a ton yesterday!!! I am HOPING that I will be able to get on a normal schedule now, since i woke up at 7am this morning and haven't napped today. Feeling pretty good too!!!

DH has been subbing for a colleague who was in the hospital, and she died yesterday. He will probably wind up keeping her class. This will be quite a shock to her students, and having DH stay would be more continuity than switching teachers AGAIN. This will mean 6 classes this semester, so he will be running ragged, and I need to pick up the slack at home. Very sad and very annoying all at the same time.

Soozie-You sound busy!!! I think there is less insomnia when you keep busy like that, but when I am already tired it is hard to get going to tire myself out in a healthier way. When you are refinishing, what do you use to strip the finish that is already on there? My parents are giving us an old table which is great, but the finish on there is horrible, and too dark for our dining room (? should say "area"!!) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as I am a rank beginner!!!

Squeak-Sorry things are rough right now....BUT AT LEAST YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO!!!!

Katrina-You sound totally pumped!!! I wish you could bottle it and send it my way!!! Keep up the good work!!

Ellis-Doing pretty well today. Spent the day with my parents and had a good time. Then for dinner we had pasta with a sauce that DS #2 made!! (with help from DH) It was great!!!

Jinx-How do i manage with two teens? I DON'T!!! But seriously, the 15 year old is a bit sullen sometimes, but is usually fairly cooperative. The 12 year old is much more like your typical teen...arguing about everything i say and always asking for stuff. Compared to what some of my friends are dealing with right now, though, I have it pretty easy. I just hope it stays that way!!!

barefootgrrrl
10-05-2002, 10:54 AM
Hey! Poking my head in to say hello.....

I have not been doing well the past couple days - the autumn pollen is exploding here and I have raccoon eyes :(

All 3 of us are loaded up on Claritin and feel kinda drowsy :(

To top that off, I ate twice the normal portion of my nightly snack last night, along with a regular latte - many more carbs than normal and I woke up in the middle of the night with bad heartburn - I guess that should teach me something!

We did promise our daughter we would take her to the annual fall festival which is during the day today followed by Greek dancing and a Greek dinner tonight - AND it is supposed to get up to 85 degrees here today! :o

So after I logoff, it's off to shower, change into summer clothes - again! and get the water bottles ready :lol:

I have a question for y'all that I posted over on the tips thread......

do you use a bathroom scale that you find is accurate? Last month I bought a new one - kinda expensive at $130 and it gives me several different weight results if I get on it several different times all within the span of a few minutes!!!

It's called Intelligentsource or something like that - for the life of me, I can't remember the name because it is unusual, but it was recommended in a few different exercise mags.

Looks like I may end up returning it and trying a different brand.

I think Sojo likes her Tanita ....... any others?

This is frustrating. I try not to be a scale slave, but I at least like to see some change to motivate me to keep going.

My new woman friend has called for another date, so that's nice.

Have a great day all - love, terrigrrrl

Wanttolosealot
10-05-2002, 12:07 PM
Hey Terrigrrl,
Thats great that things are workingout for you and your new friend. If nothing else comes of it you will have at least made a friend, and we can never have too many "good" friends, but as I am sure you already know , take it easy. Sorry to hear you are having a tough time with your allergies. I find the spring the worst time for me, when the rageweed and wild mustard starts to come up, that kills me. Fall is not bad. As for scales, they drive me crazy> I go to TOPS and they say one thing, I get on my own, another reading and then the gym is different again. so I am definitely no help to you there.
I am sure my weight is up this morning as I went to October Beer Fest last night and consumed mass quanity of LITE beer. It is 12:09 right now and so far all I have had is a French Vanilla capicinno. Not sure about food just yet. Mostly tired, did not get home until after 2am. It was a great time though. I did not have a fat filled sausage however, so I may be alright.
Soozie, I am glad business is picking up for you. I do not have my own business but I sure do understand about trying to make ends meet. I am not getting many hours at work right now, and am struggling to pay the bills, but my bosses asure me things willget better. I sure hope their right. I am a daycare worker and there is a shortage of work in my area right now, so people can not afford to put their children in daycare. But we have a couple of business opening up and one of two expanding so I am pretty sure things will pick up.
ANyway enough rambling on about my pathetic life! As for the rest of you fine ladies, love you all and have a great weekend.
Virginia

katrinabgood
10-05-2002, 10:31 PM
At least it was LITE beer!
Was it a "lite" hangover?

Wanttolosealot
10-06-2002, 11:58 AM
Lite to Moderate Katrinabgood,
More tired then anything! But today I feel as good as new, so I really have to get my duff to the gym today as I have not been in three days and I fear my weight will show it Tuesday night at TOPS> Oh well, I guess it is not too bad, I have lost every week so far, so one week of a little gain will not be unbearable, just have to climb back on the horse so to speak.
Virginia

barefootgrrrl
10-06-2002, 12:43 PM
Well Virginia,

I say that if you had a good time, then a hangover is worth it! :lol:

I love Octoberfest :)

I know what you mean about the friendship thing.....friendship always lasts longer.. and weighs more in value.

The attraction is there, we have things in common, we seem to enjoy each other's company.......but, I can just tell that there's no "click" - hard to explain what a click is, but I'm sure you know what I mean. We lead 2 very different lifestyles - I am the barefoot, casual, laid back ,working mom trying to have a little fun lifestyle - and she is more of a society type - wealthy, holds positions in different organizations, is taken care of, that sort of thing. Only time will tell, I just take it all one day at a time.

I hope things get better for you at work. I am on salary, but we have been having rolling layoffs all year - so the morale is down.

Kat - congrats on staying OP!! I know how hard that can be !

I do have a question though:lol: it is always katrinabgood ? or is is sometimes katrinabbad? :lol:

have a fun day - I'm hopped up on antihistamines, what do I know?:lol:

terrigrrrl

dentrassi
10-06-2002, 01:10 PM
I interpret "katrinabgood" as a suggestion or a command. Like she is USUALLY bad, so someone is saying, "KATRINABGOOD!!"

katrinabgood
10-06-2002, 03:03 PM
Bingo, den! You got it!!!

mauvaisroux
10-06-2002, 09:10 PM
Hi chickies! :wave:

Just a quick post to say welcome to jinx!

I have never been to Octoberfest but have always wanted to go. DH and most of our friends are not beer drinkers (they all drink Rev:p or Smirnoff Ice) so I don't have anyone to go with:(

:chin: hmmm maybe I could have some people over for a Scotch tasting and call it "Scotchtoberfest" :lol:

OI812
10-07-2002, 03:45 PM
I can't believe I'm the first one to post today!
I hope you all had a great weekend! Mine was pretty good for the most part.
Nothing new going on in my neck of the woods except that I lost another pound. So I've lost 5lbs so far!
I tell ya! What I really need is lipo and a tummy tuck! Not to mention a boob job too! That would solve alot for me. There's only one thing wrong. I can't win the lottery to pay for it! LOL
Tomorrow the Norfolk County Fair starts here in Simcoe Ontario Canada and it goes till next Monday. I'll be busy taking my dd and her friend all over the fair tomorrow so all that walking I'll be doing must account for some exercise!
Anyways...I'm off to make my tea and settle down to watch Dr. Phil on t.v.! I love that man! And I happen to find him extremely attractive! Must be the bald head! LOL
You ladies have a great day and I'll talk to you all later!

ellis
10-07-2002, 04:34 PM
Congratulations 01812!!! You're doing great!

soozie
10-07-2002, 10:27 PM
Don't get me started talking about boob jobs again! :moo: Mine were jumbo before I had my kid and nursed her for a year...now they require their own social security numbers.

Someday I'm going to do it...as I've said before it's not just size I'm concerned about...it's just like the real estate market, location, location, location...but, honestly, surgery is not an easy way to loose lbs...the cost, the risks, the recovery... Still, when I do loose some more weight and get in better physical shape, I plan to do it.

Don't want to do it before hand because I wouldn't like to have my belly extend beyond my boobies...whats the use of having nice firm perky ones if they're upstaged by a humongous gut? Well, actually, if any of you do have nice firm perky ones and a humongous gut just know that although I appear flip I really am jealous!

this is what my boobies do when I run...:dance::dance:...there ain't no jog bra that can tame these big boys....

Love, Soozie

katrinabgood
10-07-2002, 10:34 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dentrassi
10-07-2002, 11:26 PM
SOOZIE!!!!! ME TOO!!!!! Last time I had a mammogram they had to use 2 plates on each breast 'cause they couldn't get 'em all with one!!! I lie down on my back and they are practically lying down next to me!!!! (WHAT A PLEASANT IMAGE!!!)

Wanttolosealot
10-08-2002, 07:25 AM
YOu guys are too funny!
Virginia

ellis
10-08-2002, 07:46 AM
You know, small-breasted young women should be reading this thread. When I was young (back in the olden days), I used to want to have big breasts. Biggest I ever got when I grew up was a 32 AA. (I just never grew out of those training bras) You were the girls in high school who used to look at my chest and snicker.

Now... well, they're not huge, but I'm justing hoping they're going to reduce some in size when I lose weight. I'll never be a 32 AA again, but it sure made jogging easy!

It's really bizarre... how about your mothers and sisters? My mother is a perfect 36 B, and my sister and I could never figure out why we were so... so.... insignificant.
I've got friends in similar situations... big mom/two daughters with no breasts.

Ruthxxx
10-08-2002, 08:51 AM
OMG! Tit talk so early in the morning! I'm a 42 long myself! :lol:
I'm really looking forward to my mammo on Nov 9 - NOT!

My Mum was a 32A all her life. My sister is a 36C but I got Grandma's Irish boobs - and hips for that matter. 'Tain't fair!

Dent, you gotta be kidding about 2 plates! I am sort of an extra large pizza when squished. I often think that, if there were a lump in there, it's be squished into oblivion.

Enough already - I have to get started on my day.

barefootgrrrl
10-08-2002, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the laughs this morning after a small spat with my beloved sister :(

Gravity is often unkind to the well endowed.

They say that losing gobs of weight will only drag them further, so after the gobs are gone, (please!) I am seriously thinking of having a lift.

I wish I knew someone who has had the operation - to ask if it's worth the pain, trouble, expense, etc. and yes, a tummy tuck too.

That might be a good reward for all the hard work. Hmm, better start saving my pennies!

Have a good day all...........Tg

soozie
10-08-2002, 05:10 PM
Hi again...Terrigrrl, I've spoken with six women who had breast reductions. They all said it was well worth it and that they are very happy with their new boobies. I do have one friend who had a tummy tuck...she was very overweight, needed some abdominal surgery and they had to do a tuck so she would heal properly. I think she was happy with the result but she lost her belly button...edited out on the cutting room floor so to speak.

Ellis, my Mom was about a 32C, of my sisters, they are all large B or small C...but, none of them are overweight...two are average weight and one is a skinny thing. The weird thing with me was that at the end of seventh grade when I was thirteen I had nothing! Then that summer I suddenly had Bs and then before long Cs. Boing! I have to admit I've often regreted those prayers begging the heavens for puberty to hit...some boobs...some curves ...my prayers were answered alright.

Den...really, two plates? I just made it on to one. The tech tried to get every last bit on there. Didn't hurt really...they're quite smooshable. :dizzy: :lol:

talk to you later girls.
Love, Soozie

ellis
10-08-2002, 06:08 PM
Ummm, she LOST her bellybutton? Okay Soozie, that's way too graphic for me. If I saw someone without a bellybutton I would puke! :lol:

Ruthxxx
10-08-2002, 06:15 PM
They lost her bellybotton? I am truly shocked! Where the heck does she keep the salt when eating radishes in bed?
This reminds me of a joke which I will try to recall and post under Scotch and humour.

Wanttolosealot
10-08-2002, 09:44 PM
Oh my god Ruth, the salt when eating radishes, that kills me. Way too funny! I totally understand.

Virginia

barefootgrrrl
10-08-2002, 10:19 PM
Ok, ummm...is this a Canadian joke?:lol: never heard of using my bellybutton as a holding place :lol:

I am surprised she wouldn't insist on them making her one before she left?? a bellybutton should be somewhat simple to fashion.......I mean they make all kinds of fake appendages, surely a navel wouldn't be too hard (??)

Now I gotta go research how much these operations cost.

:lol: good night all - terri

Ruthxxx
10-09-2002, 07:32 AM
It's a Canadian thing, Terri. We also use our bellybuttons to hold small amounts of maple syrup for .....never mind!

ellis
10-09-2002, 09:02 AM
I was astonished the first time I saw my future husband's entire family sprinkle a mound of salt on the table in front of each of them. Then then proceeded to dip their celery sticks in it. French Canadians. They're so quaint.

Terri, did you get over the spat with your sister? hugs.

barefootgrrrl
10-09-2002, 09:53 AM
Oh Ellis - thanks for asking - yes, we worked through it. Poor thing is going through a bitter divorce right now and her life has turned upside down and so our signals got crossed regarding an upcoming family reunion this weekend - but we are all warm and fuzzy again. She is 9 years younger than me - so I suppose that I sometimes act more like her mom than her sister. I just worry about her.

mmm Ruth - sounds like a story there somewhere :lol:

Ellis - dipping instead of sprinkling? :lol: well, viva la difference :lol:

My husband's family is from the deep South of the U.S. -

My in-laws will coat and deep fry just about anything - dill pickles, cheesecake, etc...etc.... but the fried chicken is good ( as I recall!)

terri