Alternachicks - Commitment a Week

View Full Version : Commitment a Week

Sojourner
09-02-2002, 02:33 AM
Hi everyone!

Here is a helpful tool that I am trying out in order to succeed with weight loss. The idea is to commit to make one healthy change each week... each small step leading up to a healthier lifestyle and hopefully beautiful svelte bodies! And yes, at the end of the week you have to stick with the change and then adopt another one for the next week. I like the concept because it makes change seem manageable and incremental.

Here is my commitment for this coming week:

I will not eat after 8 pm.

That's it, anyone else care to post a commitment for the week starting Sunday, September 1, 2002?? :goodvibes

Wanttolosealot
09-02-2002, 10:05 AM
Here is my commitment Sojo, and it is a biggy! By the end of this week I will quit smoking. I fear I will need lots of support, so anyone willing to have finger nails chewed off lend me a hand. Eww that is gross, I can not stand chewing nails. LOL Gum, I need gum! Sugar free of course!
This will be a great thread I think. We all need weekly challenges. Good idea!!
Virginia

ellis
09-02-2002, 10:56 AM
Sojo, this is a great idea... thank you!
I'm going to join you in not eating after 8:00 . That's my worst fault... getting sleepy and THINKING I'm hungry!

Virginia... you can do it! What can we do to encourage you? Will it help if I say that I'm surprised that you're a smoker? You just don't seem like one!
Will it help if I tell you how much better you're going to smell?
What else can I tell you?

barefootgrrrl
09-02-2002, 12:35 PM
yes Sojo! Thanks for this thread.

This week I will commit to writing it all down in my food log this week.........

Thanks! Terri :)

Ruthxxx
09-02-2002, 12:38 PM
Great idea, Sojo.

Gee, Virginia - you did not seem like a smoker to me either. Did you know Ellis is my daughter? You will be so glad when you are rid of the smoking habit. It may take more than one try but you can do it! we are here to encourage you and listen to you whine and ***** - up to a point!

I commit to NOT munching anything after DH goes to bed. He retires around 9 to read in bed and I usually sit at the kitchen table, drink my sleepytime tea, commune with my furry daughters and eat something dumb! I AM NOT GOING TO DO THAT THIS WEEK!

Sojourner
09-02-2002, 01:14 PM
Glad some of you have joined in! Each week we can report on our progress and then post a new commitment OR recommit to last week's.

Good luck everyone! We can do it!

:cp:

Wanttolosealot
09-02-2002, 01:54 PM
Ellis are you serious, Sojo is your daugther? Thats cool! Nice to see such incouragement in a family. Thank you all with your support!
Virginia

Wanttolosealot
09-02-2002, 01:56 PM
Sorry got that mixed up didnt I! Ruth, Ellis is your daughter. Some would say I am like my mother getting things mixed up! Sorry!
Virginia

squeaker
09-02-2002, 03:32 PM
OOO - I like this idea. This week my goal is to do some kind of exercise for at least 5 minutes every day. While it doesn't sound like much, I HATE exercise and if I can do it for at least 5 minutes, I will probably go longer. It is just committing to the first 5 minutes I have problems with. :) But I will try and walk, bike or use my weights everyday.

dentrassi
09-02-2002, 08:20 PM
What a wonderful idea!! My commitment will also be to not eat after 8 pm. I tend to get tired and THINK i'm hungry, eat and then not be able to sleep, so this will help me in a couple of ways!!

christinagw@aol.com
09-02-2002, 08:28 PM
Hi Ladies! GREAT IDEA!

My commitment is going to be a little different. I have to cut down on caffiene for the next few months until my other abnormality is diagnosed. So I will limit my Caffiene to 1 cup of coffee & one 12 ounce diet soda a day.

Good Luck to everyone, especially ...losealot! That is the best change, and I am sure the most difficult!

Wanttolosealot
09-02-2002, 09:16 PM
Thank you Chris,
You are much braver than I am, and I had my last cigarette tonight, so you girls can check up on me from now on. I have been wanting to do this for a long time, but I figure if I can stay on the road to losing weight than I can kick this disgusting habit in the butt! I will think of you all when I am tempted.
Have you all tried Kashi cereal, I find it great when I am hungry and it is late, but I need something. Filled with lots of good stuff and I use soya milk in it. I love it and it certainly takes away my hunger.
Thanks for your support!
Virginia

mauvaisroux
09-02-2002, 09:34 PM
Hey Sojo! Great idea for a thread:)

I will join all of you this week too. I will drink only decaffeinated tea and herbal tea this week. This is one of my big weaknesses as I end up drinking 4- 5 cups of tea each day at work with 2 spoons of sugar in each cup :yikes:

ellis
09-02-2002, 10:44 PM
Well! I was just going to have some popcorn, and noticed that it was 8:30. So thanks to you girls, I'm having a glass of water. :cry:
Woe is me.

Sojo, are you my daughter? How old are you!? :lol:
Ruth, are you my mother!!? How sweet. I'd love to be your daughter. Just don't tell my mother... she's insanely jealous.
WAIT A MINUTE!! Are you putting me in the same class as your dogs!? Hmmm, that's very flattering. :smug:

Virginia, I don't want to smell smoke tomorrow morning, okay? It's disgusting. And there's something (uh, is anyone else here a smoker?) rather low-life about smoking. You know that's what we non-smokers say, huh? Low-life. It makes us feel superior. Or something. Of course, when I smoked 2 cigarettes a day in college, I was TOTALLY cool! :smoking:
Have you stocked up on gum? Come on girl... you can do it!!

You know I just thought of something. Those of us who aren't eating after 8/9 tonight. Does that mean we won't have to take 2 Tums before we go to bed? Hmmm, where will I get my calcium from...

flower
09-02-2002, 11:25 PM
Okay, my goal is just one regular soda a day. If I have to have another, it will be diet!!!!!!

Sojourner
09-02-2002, 11:57 PM
;) I'm 31... so that makes you say twenty years older than me mommy dearest.

Hopefully I will still be here in the morning... we have some wild tornados tearing through my area of the state. High winds, huge hail, tornado touchdowns, lots of rain, thunder, lightening... but not too much excitement in my backyard. This is the second time in the last thirty days. I live in some sort of storm alley as we get huge hail storms at least three or four times a season... not to mention the regular tornado warnings and thunder storms. Gotta love a good storm. So far I haven't had to "move to a place of safety" like my yucky basement with all the spiders.

:rain:

ellis
09-03-2002, 12:04 AM
Yikes! That sounds very frightening, Sojo. I must admit I'm fascinated by tornados. But I've never lived in "storm alley".
Take good care of yourself, girl!

(I was 6 years old when I gave birth to you)

Sojourner
09-03-2002, 12:14 AM
Mommy... is that you?

We get all sorts of tornado touchdowns in Wisconsin... the closest I've ever been to one was when I was maybe 5 and one touched down a few blocks away. It basically leveled the entire block but luckily skipped right over my grandma's house... unbelievable! Tornados are funny that way. My husband's small hometown was totally flattened (yes, almsot the entire town) a few years back. The storms really don't scare me, its just part of life here. To be honest I find it kind of exciting. I would love to actually see a tornado. Well, this storm front seems to have moved on to Lake Michigan so all is calm.

:spin:

I'm hungry and its after 8:00. Growl.

ellis
09-03-2002, 12:25 AM
Yes darling daughter... it is I.
I'm looking up tornadoes on the Internet right now. We used to get almost one per year when we lived in a small town outside of Ottawa. It was interesting to see the little twisters "starting" in the fields. I've never seen a real one, though.
I'm just going to read about the 1999 touchdowns... very interesting...

Wanttolosealot
09-03-2002, 10:08 AM
Ellis,
YOu make me laugh, you make me cry. You are better than an R-Rated movie. You see I was the worst kind of smoker. The secret smoker! My hubby knew I smoked, but never around him, my kids did not know I smoked only a select few of other smokers or reformed smokers. Now you all know and it is not a secret. I WILL NOT SMOKE!
Virginia

ellis
09-03-2002, 10:42 AM
Virginia, if you put one damned cigarette in your mouth today, I'm going to do something drastic. I don't know how drastic it'll be as I'm umpteen hundreds of miles away from you, but believe me, IT'LL BE DRASTIC!!

JUST SAY NO!!!

And everyone else... stick to your damned commitments.
later darlings...

Wanttolosealot
09-03-2002, 11:16 AM
Well Ellis
With threats like that, I would be a damned fool to smoke woulnd't I ? I am going to do this, I am tired of smelly clothes, and breath, and disgusted looks from DH, and I want to feel much healthier too. Thanks !
Virginia

dentrassi
09-03-2002, 11:36 AM
Wanttolosealot-GOOD FOR YOU!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

Ellis-Can I be the crazy aunt with 14 cats who always gives the kids stale candy?

ellis
09-03-2002, 11:55 AM
Yes, Den. You may call me Auntie El. :D

dentrassi
09-03-2002, 12:03 PM
NO!! I want to be the crazy aunt (pout)

ellis
09-03-2002, 12:22 PM
oh good grief... I'm such a ding dong. YOU want to be the aunt!! Gotcha. I'm a little slow this morning.
What shall I call you? Auntie Marmite? :D
You may call me "Little Lulu". ;)

christinagw@aol.com
09-03-2002, 01:11 PM
Oh my gosh, you guys are cracking me up! DH & I always joke about the crazy cat lady, every neighborhood has one! That is my goal in life, to have 42 cats with 1 litter box, and I want to chase away the kids that come into my yard! And heaven help them if a ball lands in my grass!

mauvaisroux
09-03-2002, 08:02 PM
Sniff, sniff..:snooty: that better not be smoke I am smelling;)

Wanttolosealot-congrats for deciding to quit smoking! You can do it:cb: and we will all be cheering you on.

I have been sick for the last 2 day and did not go to work today so I managed to drink water and only one cup of decaf tea cut down to 1 tsp of sugar. And so it begins.....

Hey can I be the rich, eccentric, jet-setting Auntie who drops in on the family just to shake things up once in a while (like the aunt in the movie Auntie Mame?:cool:

ellis
09-03-2002, 08:22 PM
Dear Auntie Evil,
I'm running a little short. Please send me $100 000 ASAP. Drop in anytime. xoxo

soozie
09-03-2002, 10:07 PM
Mauvais, my dd just ventured in here and asked me if your avatar was me. I love that kid. I don't have time to respond to all of this lunacy right now...gotta put the little angel to bed so she can be up bright and early for her first day of kindergarten. Love Soozie
ps, honestly I look nothing like that picture but kids see what they want to see!!!! Gotta love that.

ellis
09-03-2002, 11:20 PM
Soozie, I hope your DD has a wonderful day tomorrow!
xo

dentrassi
09-03-2002, 11:50 PM
Auntie Marmite checking in. Come here and sit by me and don't mind the smell.....Fluffy peed on the couch today because I only let her eat half of my tuna. Care for a sweetie? Here you go little Lulu (rubs candy off on grimey housecoat.) Mauvais sweetie, next time you come visit would you bring me some of that fancy litter with the crystals in it?
I ate a pickle after 8, so technically I broke down, but at least I didn't bake and eat the cake I was thinking about making. I was thinking of you ladies, so this helped me a lot today!!!

Lamorgan
09-04-2002, 12:13 PM
What a silly bunch of semi-related women...:dizzy:

Water is my curse. I don't like to drink it, so I will add water to my life.

Haven't smoked in 4 years, but have the soul of a smoker. If the going gets rough, get the patch, it helped me (5 times).

I was a heavy, heavy smoker as a teen until age 21, quit for 9 years and started again. Then I smoked on and off for 6 years. (More off than on though...)

So I shall drink water!

Lois :rain:

ellis
09-04-2002, 01:30 PM
Good for you, Lois! Believe it or not, you'll learn to love it after a while. I used to hate it too, but I've been drinking it religiously for a few years now, and when I get up in the morning it's the first thing my body cries out for... a glass or two of water! It's rather a good feeling.

soozie
09-04-2002, 10:34 PM
DD had a great day at kindergarten. Came home chanting,"I love Kindergarten, I love Kindergarten" :cry: my baby is becoming a big girl.

mauvaisroux
09-04-2002, 11:02 PM
Sooze, your daughter is too freakin cute!

I only had one cup of tea with sugar today:dance:

Sojourner
09-05-2002, 01:16 AM
Well, I think this not eating after 8:00 thing is a good idea. I have gone to bed hungry every night and I am seeing weight loss on the scale already.

:goodvibes

Virginia... how is the smoke free life going? Step away from the cigarette!!

:nono:

Lamorgan
09-05-2002, 11:48 AM
still sputtering down the water....

peeing constantly.

L

Sojourner
09-05-2002, 01:07 PM
Lets all try and remember to not think about weight loss or our commitment for this week in black and white terms. So often if we "fail" once we give up and then the whole day or week is shot. Even if we only do our commitment half the time this week, that is actually significant progress! So, if you normally eat the entire bag of Doritos and this week you only eat half the bag... this is progress! :smug: Every step we make towards a healthier lifestyle is a step in the right direction. Although we should focus on following our commitments all the time, if we do make a poor choice we can immediately begin making positive choices again.

Hope eveyone is doing well and respecting themselves and their commitments. We can do it!

:grouphug:

dentrassi
09-05-2002, 11:37 PM
I am SO glad you started this thread!! I have been doing HORRIBLY on everything else, but I have managed to stop eating after 8, and THAT is a major improvement in itself!!

Sojourner
09-06-2002, 12:26 PM
I know you are out there... we are waiting for a status report on your smoke free life!! :spin:

Sojourner
09-06-2002, 12:28 PM
Keep it up! I have seen some significant improvements by incorporating this change. Just think about what a great step this is towards a healthier lifestyle.

I've had good news at the scale these last couple of days... so I'm a giddy little cheerleader lately. :lol: You can slap me if it becomes necessary.

Wanttolosealot
09-06-2002, 12:34 PM
well ladies,
I am sorry to dissapoint but I did fall of the wagon Wednesday night. I had three cigarettes, but I climbed back on and have not had one since. I will stay smoke free forever. Have changed my attitude towards it too. I really do appreciate the support. Thanks for caring!
Virginia

Sojourner
09-06-2002, 12:40 PM
This is excellent Virginia! Think of how happy your lungs and body are by not poisoning it any longer. :D

My husband used to do some serious drugs as a teenager and had to go through treatment to quit (pot, LSD, some coke, etc). Years later when he met me he quit smoking. He said it was far more difficult than quitting drug use. So I am feeling for you, as this is such a huge challenge. Remember that we are all here rooting for you.

Yes.. I have now officially donned a pleated skirt and am shaking my pom poms with vigor. And if you all knew me in "real life" you would just be in hysterics at this thought. :twirly: :cp:

ginya
09-06-2002, 12:49 PM
hmmmmm, let me see, now that it is Friday, I think i can make it through the week...no caffeen after 6:00pm, not eating after dinner at all. (bed time 7:30)

SuchAPrettyFace
09-06-2002, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by ginya
hmmmmm, let me see, now that it is Friday, I think i can make it through the week... Bwahahahaha, that's just what I was thinking.

I'm going to try & squeeze in a walk every day next week.

dentrassi
09-06-2002, 10:07 PM
Sojourner-I may need a slap or two just to keep going!!! Seriously though, i am still not eating as well as I could, but i think I am eating less just because I am stopping sooner!!!

Wanttolosealot-Just keep at it, and soon you will be smoke free!!!

Ginya-I totally agree!!

Suchaprettyface-Nyah ah ah to you too!!!

mauvaisroux
09-07-2002, 12:04 AM
I managed to stay almost caffeine free for the week but I can't give up that first cup of coffee every morning :shrug:

ginya
09-07-2002, 10:43 AM
Drs took me off caffeen and 'nutra sweet' for the MS thingy...(the *******s) so I ordered the Gevialia decaff...costs more but you use less, I figure if I gotta drink the stuff it might as well be the best. I hardly notice the difference (oh, that slapping sound you hear is my butt dragging across the floor every morning).

was on a business trip this week and tried (oh how I tried) to be good, but Northwest finally won when they served me a double chocolate cake with chocolate chips.

just read an article about how a chocolate shake at Burger King has more fat than a double whopper with cheese...WTF??? who is in charge of this??? I thought God wanted us to be happy???
and yes, I would like some low fat, processed, nondairy, soy-based cheese with that whine...

Wanttolosealot
09-07-2002, 11:40 AM
Well, along with trying to keep my non- smoking commitment, I am also going to try and drink 8 cups of water a day.

dentrassi
09-07-2002, 11:50 AM
Ginya-TOO FUNNY!!!!! Good news on the horizon....Macdonalds is starting to use a new fat for the fries that only has HALF the fat grams per serving.....Do YOU believe they'll taste good? I don't!!!!!

Mauvais-I'm with you. I HAVE to have that coffee to wake up. I have even told DH to set me up with an IV rather than try to wake me himself!!!!

Wanttolosealot-The water will help flush all the toxins out of your body, so that is a smart move. Also, if you drink a glass of water every time you are craving a cigarette you will be so full it will stop you from eating!!!

Wanttolosealot
09-08-2002, 09:36 AM
Oh yeah good point Den with the drinking a glass of water everytime I want a cigarette, yesterday was another smoke free day. Today has just begun! I drank 8 glasses yesterday, but I still ate a lot of junk, I hate the beginning of school because we stock up on all the yummy treats for the KIDS, but I end up trying them too. Some are not bad snacks, however, some are. So today I am going to commit myself(maybe I should) tonot eating the kids treats.
Virginia

Ruthxxx
09-08-2002, 11:22 AM
Well, I didn't eat after DH went to bed!

This week I commit to walking to the Office instead of driving. I'll take Hershey along because she needs to make a commitment too.

ellis
09-08-2002, 11:56 AM
Oh geepers, is it commitment day agan? Okay, ummm... I will not eat lunch or a snack in bed and then fall into a drugged sleep immediately afterwards.
Ruth... what's this office stuff!? Aren't you retired? Is this some sort of scam on your part?

Ruthxxx
09-08-2002, 11:59 AM
Well sure I'm retired but my term as Fair Board Treasurer doesn't end until the AGM which is November 3! I still have cheques to write and bank statements and other crap to deal with. I am also trying to get the end of the year financials done while I can still use my right hand!

katrinabgood
09-08-2002, 12:00 PM
Okay, commitment for the week...I plan on walking the dog, or rather, have her walk me, once a day. Will be good for both of us! I was going to add more, but I don't want to overwhelm myself. Okay, I'll follow my diet too...there! Happy?

ellis
09-08-2002, 12:01 PM
Oh. Well, all right then. Hey, when are you going in for your wrist?

Ruthxxx
09-08-2002, 12:11 PM
Friday the 27th of September. Maybe I'll lose weight eating with only one hand! The left one gets done Oct 23 - unless I chicken out.

dentrassi
09-08-2002, 05:07 PM
Okay, I'll stick to no eating after 8 and add doing 10 crunches per day.

...................oog.................

mauvaisroux
09-08-2002, 05:33 PM
Ginya-:lol: you are a hoot!

Wanttolosealot-:cp: keep it up girl!

I am still working on the caffeine at work thing but I will add 2 extra glasses of water a day to my routine.

Good luck to everyone with their commitments this week, we can do it:D

Sojourner
09-08-2002, 08:13 PM
Well, I'm a little unsure about my comittment for this week. I am interested in overhauling my diet to be more plant and whole-grain based... with lean proteins like chicken and seafood. I am reading "The Okinawa Program" which presents a 25 year study on the residents of Okinawa who are the longest-lived and healthy people on the planet. Their diet is high in complex carbs, veggies/fruit, and fish... with very little sugar, fat, red meat, dairy. I am thinking I would like a combination of the Okinawa eating habits with Mediterranean eating habits.

So to this end, I am going to focus on minimizing/eliminating the following foods from my diet this week:

red meat and fried foods

This is going to be difficult because I love anything deep fried. I would probably eat a deep fried worm if I could dip it in ketchup. :dz: The meat I can definitely live without, as I don't eat it that often anyway. However, I do love a good cheeseburger... sigh... but I really can't be eating that stuff anymore. I am coming to accept the fact that unless I want to end up 500 pounds and die at an early age.... I am NOT going to be able to continue eating whatever I want. Its not fair but I have to face the reality of the situation.

Good luck to everyone else on their commitments this week!

ginya
09-09-2002, 09:05 AM
okanowa diet..? could that be from a healthy dose of radiation???
(I know I spelled that wrong, too lazy to scroll back up..how sad is that!) new week, new commitment...
no more...eating while at the computer.
it will take months before I can not eat in the car...baby steps, baby steps.

Lamorgan
09-09-2002, 09:29 AM
Well I did keep up the water drinking all week and the almost instant result (besides peeing) is at 4 days from menses I have NO sore breasts, and little or no PMS and bloating. I noticed this before when I drank lots of water...

This week I'll add no eating after 8pm, two nights I work til 8 and we do take a break for supper, so I don't need to fill my face the moment I walk through the door...

Oh! Also what I began doing last week is walking my paper route each morning rather than riding my bike. So I'm getting a hour and a half walk each day, except Sunday. Plus I ride my bike everywhere else.

Lois

Sojourner
09-09-2002, 01:11 PM
the US decimated Hiroshima and Nagasaki... not Okinawa. The Battle of Okinawa occurred there and it has also been the site of American military bases. But beyone that, most cancer is literally unheard of in Okinawa and they live to be fit and healthy into their 80's, 90's, and 100's. Their healthy statistics put to shame our western ways. Very interesting lifestyle... the book details several aspects of their healthy lives. This includes diet, exercise, social connections, spirituality, respect for elders, and low stress.

squeaker
09-09-2002, 08:16 PM
I am going to do the not eating after 8 thing. It is kind of cheating because I normally don't anyway. Still trying the excersie thing.

Sojourner
09-10-2002, 09:58 PM
I must confess that I nibbled on some fried Pakoras at the Indian restaraunt today. :nono: But I restrained myself and only had a little and restricted my food to one plate at the BUFFET. So, back on track with no fried foods and no red meat for the rest of the week.

dentrassi
09-11-2002, 10:41 PM
I have had a rough time sticking to LAST week's commitment, and NO SUCCESS WHATSOEVER adding in the new one. Too much anxiety and sadness leading up to today. I need to get back on track.

soozie
09-12-2002, 01:23 AM
Hey Den, I don't blame you for feeling stressed and sad about 9-11...hope you feel better today and more energized to go on with creating positive things for yourself!!! Let this anniversary remind you of how precious life is and Be well. Love, Soozie

dentrassi
09-12-2002, 02:52 PM
Thanks Soozie!!! I slept really well last night, and woke up feeling refreshed.
TIME FOR NEW BEGINNINGS!!!!

mauvaisroux
09-12-2002, 09:14 PM
Well I managed to cut back on the caffeine and drink more water, but I have had a half:censored: (* donkey butt) attitude towards eating. I have been eating out of boredom and depression this week so I will have to get my but in gear. :p

Sojourner
09-15-2002, 03:26 PM
So here we are heading into our third week of change! How are folks doing? This week I slipped a couple of times on the fried food issue... but no serious gorging. One was intentional (pakoras at the Indian restaraunt) and the other was actually accidental. We were at the Chinese buffet (DANGER... DANGER!!) :nono: and I was so focused on eating as little as possible that I really did forget about the fried food commitment. Thus I did have a crab rangoon (ok... two) and some General Tso's chicken (my favorite). I did surprisingly well at the buffet despite nibbling on the fried yummies. The red meat thing is not a challenge at all.

So this week I am going to make exercise my commitment for the week. These last couple weeks I have been exercising two or three times a week and have been enjoying it. This week I am going to increase the amount to exercising five days! Plus I will continue with not eating after 8:00 and cutting out fried food and red meat.

Whoo hooo... off to a fresh week! I really feel like I am on a roll. I am going to spend some time today reflecting on the changes I have made and recommiting my spirit to working toward a new, healthy me!

:cb:

ellis
09-15-2002, 03:47 PM
Mauvais, are you still depressed, sweetie? It's just not like you. I mean, PERSONALLY, I'm depressed 25% of my life, but that's just an ailment.
What are we going to do with you? You need a change in your life. It's gotta be the job, huh?
hugs and prayers... let us know if we can do anything for you...
xoxo
ps I'm still up for robbing a bank if you are... you could quit your job and retire... we could even buy some of those ummm, limburger baskets.

squeaker
09-15-2002, 09:43 PM
Still sticking to the not eating after 8. I am a pro at that :)

And I am really truly going to try doing 5 minutes of exercise a day. I have tried for 2 weeks now and probably have done it 4 times. :p Once I get the 5 minutes I will try uping the time. I have enough problems with the 5 minutes that I refuse to set myself for a bigger failure of like a half hour. For me modifing my eating habits was a **** of a lot easier then getting up off my rear.

Sojourner
09-16-2002, 12:10 AM
How are things going with the no smoking commitment?

:smoking: :nono:

dentrassi
09-16-2002, 12:38 AM
Okay, the last week has been CRAP. Like if I was presented with a limburger basket (YUCK ELLIS!!!) right now I might actually eat it!!! Which reminds me of a story...My dad used to buy Limburger and put it at the back of the fridge for months until it had properly "aged". The fumes alone probably stunted my growth.....

Back to the present. I have been SO bad the past week that I will go back to the no eating after 8 commitment, and 10 crunches a day. (In other words, what I said i'd do LAST week.)

ellis
09-16-2002, 08:09 AM
Come on girls.... you can do it!

Ummmm, Den.... I'm going to try the no eating after 8 thingy again, too. I failed miserably the last two weeks.

Virginia is not here because she has smoke dribbling out of her mouth. (is that so, Virginia?)
But she's coming back, because we'll forgive her and she'll start afresh (right, Virginia?)
xo

ginya
09-16-2002, 09:24 AM
new week, new challenge...same thighs
ok..
no extra helping of anything. ugh.
never 'supersize', no matter what kind of financial windfall it would provide.
avoid 'gas station cappicino'...my current guilty pleasure

Wanttolosealot
09-16-2002, 09:00 PM
I am here girls. Yes I am still smoking! I have been having a stressful time, not that that is a good excuse but it is mone for now.
I did however complete the 10 km, Terry Fox Run/Walk

Lamorgan
09-17-2002, 12:15 PM
Well... I'm going to stick with the water-drinking, if I can keep my kids away from my new brita water bottle. And walking. Trying to stick to the no food after 8pm.

My new one: No FRENCH FRIES AT ALL.

Lois

katrinabgood
09-17-2002, 04:15 PM
Somewhere around here, I thought it was this thread, I committed to daily exercise...and so far have been compliant. Aquacize Sunday, Curves workout & 90 min Yoga class Monday, today I had a good, hilly walk in the park with my dog, and I plan on going to Curves again tonight.

Food has been good, with a few lapses...water intake very good.

So far so good.

mauvaisroux
09-17-2002, 11:26 PM
Well I have been told by the doctor:

no caffeine
no caffeinated soft drinks
no chocolate

Wah! :cry: but needs must so I have to do it! So I guess that's my commitment this week whether I like it or not:rolleyes:

dentrassi
09-17-2002, 11:59 PM
THAT is a tough one Mauvaisroux!! I guess if you can do THAT then I can do my measly 10 crunches!!!!

scoobysnacks
09-20-2002, 12:00 PM
Thanks for the idea of writing down my foods. I will try to do that next week. I always have trouble doing that but i will try so hard.
Good luck with your goals next week

Sheryl

mauvaisroux
09-20-2002, 10:20 PM
Oy! Now that I officially can't have chocolate for a while I see it everwhere :p at the drugstore, at the muffin place, at the newstand, even in the florist shop:dizzy:

dentrassi
09-21-2002, 01:16 AM
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!!!!!

(and I haven't been doing my crunches...)

mauvaisroux
09-22-2002, 10:30 PM
I am going for the same thing as last week. Trying to give up 3 things at once is tough. I know if it wasn't health related I would have caved by now:dizzy:

Amount of Chocolate this week: 0
Amount of coffee this week: 0
Amount of cola this week: 0

Amount of cravings for all of the
above this week: Countless

:lol:

squeaker
09-23-2002, 09:26 AM
Can my commitment be to eat all of the chocolate and coffee that Mauvais can't?

Ok probably not. I can stick with the no eating after 8 thing. I guess I will try the 5 minutes of exercise still. I keep picking the same commitments but I still can't manage to do the 5 minute one.

:mouse:squeak

ginya
09-23-2002, 11:08 AM
monday, monday....
failed with the capicino thingy..I think they put crack in that stuff.
did OK with the others...just ok.
new week...running out of easy commitments.
how about:
Increase water intake by 50%
do hand weights 3X a week.

dentrassi
09-23-2002, 12:23 PM
Still no eating after 8 and 10 crunches a day. Did pretty well with the no eating after 8 (broke it one day), but only did crunches once, and then only because of Ellis (THANK YOU SWEETIE!!!)

SuchAPrettyFace
09-23-2002, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by ginya
failed with the capicino thingy..I think they put crack in that stuff.
Agreed!!!!

I am going to forego coffee this week in favor of mint green tea. It doesn't matter that I have half a bottle of cinnamon-vanilla coffee creamer in the fridge here @ work. It's got 2 grams of fat per serving.

I did pretty bad w/the walking commitment. I only went one day, but I did a mile. Sometimes I don't eat dinner if I'm not hungry, which apalls some people, but hey--if I'm not hungry I'm not gonna eat!

Good luck to everyone! We can do it! (and if we slip we shouldn't beat ourselves up over it!)

Sojourner
09-23-2002, 01:32 PM
I think I may have set my goal a little too high for this week. :o I was supposed to exercise five times but I only did three... ok... TWO times.

Starting fresh today... new commitment is to exercise three times this week and still no food after 8:00 and cut out fried foods and red meat.

ellis
09-23-2002, 02:10 PM
Den, for goodness sakes... do you want me to totally embarrass you? Get down there and do 10 crunches. RIGHT NOW!!! It'll take you, like, 2 minutes.

mauvaisroux
09-28-2002, 12:11 AM
How is everyone doing with their commitments this week? Has anyone been committed this week? :dizzy:

Well it has been 10 days without coffee or chocolate for me. I'm doing okay, despite a few cravings, and I have not caved yet:)

Wanttolosealot
09-28-2002, 09:59 AM
Committed!!?? No I dont think any of has been committed this week, however, maybe I should be.
Mauvaisroux- You are doing great with fighting the caffine. I have had very little caffine myself this week. Maybe one cup I think. No chocolate! And I have been drinking my water faithfully. Only had five smokes this entire week. Going to the gym 3 days on , one off and back again. So I hope this Tuesday I see a significant difference on the scales, but if I dont I will just chalk it up to putting on muscle while losing fat. Really love the gym, had to staple my *** to the chair to keep me home last night. But I do not want to overdo it and injure myself and then be off for weeks. Rambling on , sorry!
Virginia

Sojourner
09-30-2002, 06:35 PM
I have done pretty well with my healthy changes... this week I am maintaining all of my changes plus adding on an additional day of exercise:

no eating after 8:00 pm
avoid red meat and fried food
exercise 4 times this week

Wanttolosealot
09-30-2002, 08:32 PM
This weeks commitment will be to add more weight to my workout, no red meat, and drink my protein shakes.

mauvaisroux
09-30-2002, 11:49 PM
Still working on the 3 C's: caffeine, cola and chocolate :lol:
I have not cheated once in 12 days :D

ellis
10-01-2002, 06:29 AM
Yay, Mauvais! Hey, that rhymes.

Now if I were really careful this week.... even moderately careful... about what I eat, I could dip down below the 190 mark. Hmmmm..

dentrassi
10-01-2002, 06:05 PM
Okay, admission time. I have NOT been walking the walk lately. For those of you who don't suffer from depression, please don't get too grossed out. I have NOT been taking care of myself, and I have only been lurking because I have been feeling kinda out of things. SO...my commitment this week is to brush my teeth twice a day, floss, bathe more regularly, AND not eat after 8 o'clock. I have not been doing the crunches, and I think given the mess I have let myself get into that the basics need to take priority first. :o

ellis
10-01-2002, 06:15 PM
Oh Den, you dirty ol' thing you. :lol: May I join you in your quest for cleanliness? I actually brushed my teeth today. Well, at 3 in the afternoon, but still...
And I went to have a bath last night (in my tub up in the attic), and some fool had removed the plug to the first floor tub!! DH offered to get it for me, but I opted on sulking and having a VERY fast bath with no plug. (no showers in these old cast iron tubs)
Floss? What's that? :D

dentrassi
10-01-2002, 06:17 PM
YOU UNDERSTAND ME!!! YOU REALLY UNDERSTAND ME!!!!

ellis
10-01-2002, 06:20 PM
you know it, honey!
Ummm, I don't think anyone else does, though. :lol:

ellis
10-01-2002, 06:25 PM
You know, when you decide to have a bath (at least when someone like Den or I do), it's a major undertaking. To discover that the plug is missing is enough to make you want to get out the straight razor. Or just stop bathing all together.
I just wanted to impress upon you all what an effort it was for me to sit in a cold empty tub and hose down. amen

squeaker
10-01-2002, 06:39 PM
When I am unhappy you can't get me out of the tub. Maybe it is some sort of "washing away" the problem thing. But I would sit on the floor of the tub under warm water until I ran out of hot water. Then crawl into bed and go to sleep.

My commitment for the week is to marry some rich guy so I never have to work again. And then I can hire a chef and he would cook healthy meals for me.

(hey it is about as likely to happen as any other commitment I have made in here has....)

dentrassi
10-01-2002, 06:42 PM
I LOVE taking hot baths, but when I bottom out I just can't seem to do it....

ellis
10-01-2002, 06:59 PM
oooo la la! I LIKE your commitment, Squeak!

No, when you're depressed, there's always the danger of drowning yourself...

Sojourner
10-01-2002, 07:28 PM
I struggle with some pretty serious depression so I can relate. Plus I work out of my home so there are certainly days when I shuffle around in my jammies for the entire day. :o And some days when I am really depressed I am lucky if I get out of bed. But generally I find that usually a nice hot shower or bath, a fun outfit, a little make up, and just getting out of the house can really lift my spirits. Holing up in the house disconnects me from the world and I get completely caught up in a cycle of depression. It is important for me to connect with people regularly so I try to schedule lunch with a friend or my husband at least once if not twice a week. So if you need to keep it simple... that is great. The whole point of commiting to change is to make small steps each week towards an overall healthier lifestyle. And the smaller the change the better, I think. I know that when I am depressed it is the most difficult time to make positive changes or do anything positive for that matter... so start small and think of ways to be kind to yourself. It is so easy to get caught up in disordered thinking about ourselves and our lives. I constantly have to stop and force myself to check the reality of my thinking... when depression hits, my thinking is always skewed and not representative of reality at all. I try to focus on the positives and be thankful for the many blessings that I DO have.... and there are SO MANY! I remind myself to look at people... especially women and children.... who struggle in poverty or in third world war-torn countires or who face life-threatening illnesses and I realize how much I really do have. Since my husband and I have been trying to conceive for the last nine months, I have not been able to take my meds. After a few months of pretty serious depression, I slowly forced myself to make positive changes like exercise, social involvement, healthier eating, connecting with friends and families, making time for myself with constructive activities I enjoy... the other option was for me to sink deeper into a depression so horrible that I would find myself contemplating suicide. I am finally at a point where I feel that I am able to sustain a fairly healthy outlook despite the many challenges that I am currently facing. So with one small step at a time... one day at a time... healing is really within reach.

Well, enough of my ramblings. Just know that we are here for you. Remember... you are not alone and you can always come here for support.

:grouphug:

ellis
10-01-2002, 07:41 PM
Thank you, Sojo. You're a sweet-heart. Remember, we're here for you, too!
I can't imagine going off my meds...I mean I CAN imagine it! You're a very strong girl to be able to cope so well without them.
hugs... xoxo

dentrassi
10-02-2002, 01:00 AM
DITTO!!! I do pretty well usually with the meds and I am usually pretty good at stopping the negative thinking, but sometimes it just gets difficult. Luckily I have a VERY honest but also sensitive husband who will do reality checks with me!! AND of course you wonderful women here!!!

ellis
10-02-2002, 07:57 PM
help!!!!

I can't stop eating. :no:
Please, somebody help me...
I just bought a roasted chicken for dinner. I spread butter on mine. :(
I'm in big trouble.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Sojourner
10-03-2002, 01:00 AM
Well, my first guess is that you need to take a look at WHY you can't stop eating. Obviously you are not continuously munching because you are constantly hungry, right? What hurts or anxieties are you feeding? What feelings are you avoiding? What issues don't you want to address? Eating can be a temporary feel good fix because the food tastes good immediately... but as we all know the long term effects of overeating are devastating. I guess I would suggest that it is time for a little self analysis. When you reach for the next fistful of food and your stomach is already full... stop yourself and ask what you really need and what you are really feeling. Are you eating because you are sad, or angry, or overwhelmed, or bored, or tired, or out of habit, or depressed, or anxious? What other activity could you do that would actually meet the real need? What are some other options? What would happen if you dealt with the issues directly? I've been in this same place Ellis so I can absolutely empathize... but you ARE in control of yourself and you can make new choices and create change. Remember... small steps to a brave new you! :^:

ellis
10-03-2002, 01:53 PM
Thank you, Sojo. You're absolutely right. I've started tracking my food today, and I'm going to do this!!
I've been eating because I'm tired, and I've just realized that subconsciously I've been thinking, "Hey, I'm going to the gym 3 days a week now. I can eat whatever the heck I want to!"
So today I'm in control, and I'm going to make it a habit. When I got up this morning I was at 195. I'd gained 2 pounds, and it was a real wake-up call for me. Other than being pregnant, that's the most I've ever weighed. (don't be offended girls over 200... it's all relative)
I'm really worried about my heath, and I'm ready to do something about it. Thank you Sojo... I know you've been there too, and I appreciate your giving me a boost.
hugs...
ellis

Wanttolosealot
10-06-2002, 12:02 PM
Ellis hun, you will do it! We have faith in you just as you do in all of us. Some days I think you are the one holding all of us together, and for that I thank you. Dont get me wrong girls you are all fantastic! I know I could not do this witout all of your support.
Virginia

mauvaisroux
10-06-2002, 09:16 PM
Blagg! :p I find that I eat when I am bored. I am trying to find something to do to with my time to keep from doing that. I am okay on the weekends but it is the snacking while watching tv that gets me...I have got to find a hobby of some sort. I did buy a book on bead jewellery making so I think that's what I will be doing over the winter.

Good idea about the food tracking/journal. I was doing that with WW but have got out of the habit, you chicks have inspired me to start up again!

ellis
10-06-2002, 10:22 PM
Thanks, Virginia. We ARE a fantastic bunch! Everyone here is so nurturing and sympathetic. I don't know how I'd do it without all of you. (ummm, do what? I'm NOT losing weight :lol: )
Virginia, could you come and sew my jaws together?

Mauvais, beading would be fun! There's a lot of stuff you can make. And I KNOW how much you love jewelry. ;) I'll take a pair of long dangly earrings, please. :D

mauvaisroux
10-06-2002, 10:33 PM
What colour of beads would you like Ellis?

ellis
10-06-2002, 10:41 PM
sort of a cross between a grey and a pukey green to match my glittering eyes. :D

mauvaisroux
10-06-2002, 10:53 PM
Oh Puleehz! :rolleyes: Your eyes are not a pukey green/grey!

ellis
10-07-2002, 08:37 AM
:D How could you even see them amidst all the rolls of fat?

Sojourner
10-07-2002, 01:00 PM
Well, I still did not meet my goal of exercising four times this week and I blew every other one as well. I seem to be pretty inconsistent on this one. I walked twice this week and spent about 90 minutes gardening. I am going to continue with my commitments until I can do it succesfully:

no eating after 8:00
avoid fried food and red meat
exercise four times this week

ginya
10-08-2002, 03:41 PM
Holy cats! its Tuesday and I havent checked in with my weekly whine fest! I was on business trips for the last few days and havent had time or inclination to eat right. But (and this is a big but...) I have noticed I am making better choices and not eating between meals. Is this was the rest of the world does? I have practically cut out all red meat and avoid fatty foods, on purpous..wo-hoo me! Now if I could just control this sweet tooth.
OK new week:
more fruit...less processed food.
thas it..thats all I got...

mauvaisroux
10-10-2002, 11:21 PM
I'm still on the no caffeine kick:( but I am getting used to it and I am not craving chocolate anymore. Although I did have a bad moment when I saw the cadbury flake with the white chocolate inside...mmm, double chocolate...:doh:

ellis
10-11-2002, 07:59 AM
Personally, I think we should start a "commitment of the day" thread. If I cam get through an entire day without cheating, it's a freaking miracle.
Good for you keeping off the coffee, Mauvais!

Ginya, you're doing great! Keep it up!

Sojourner
10-11-2002, 12:20 PM
Whatever it takes for folks to make positive changes! Ellis, you can post here everyday and I will be here to support you. :D I am doing ok on the commitments this week but did have a small slice of pie late last night. :o

Wanttolosealot
10-11-2002, 09:18 PM
My commitments have all gone flying out the window this week. Period week, and for some reason this one I seem to be eating everything in site. I am still working out and exercising so hopefully it is not to awful a turn out some Tuesday night whenI a have to get back on the scales.
Virginia

Jinxii
10-12-2002, 08:55 AM
Mauvaisroux- Cadburys flakes with white chocolate inside?? We don't get these here :( or is this a blessing?! Must admit I have tried to cut out chocolate completely because I know I won't stop at one piece! So I don't often look for things like this... maybe they do sell them and I just don't know about it.... will take a look just out of interest of course! Doesn't mean I would buy one.....!

Whoops, just notice this is the commitment thread :o
er, will get back to you all with a commitment...

Jinx

suzzi
10-12-2002, 11:41 PM
I REALLY WANT TO JOIN YA's COMMITMENT A WEEK AND WEIGH IN!! IT SOUNDS LIKE A LOT OF FUN AND GREAT SUPPORT. CAN I JOIN IN? HU, HU , CAN I ,CAN I?
WELL, ENOUGH BEGGING. WHAT DAY OF THE WK DO YOU ALL WEIGH IN AND MAKE YOUR COMMITMENT?
THANKS, SUZZI

Wanttolosealot
10-13-2002, 09:56 AM
YOu are very welcome to join as many threads as you like. Make yourself at home! I personally do not weigh in until Tuesday as I go to TOPS that night and that is when I weigh in. Most however, do it either Sunday or Monday. The choice is yours though. WHenever! Again Welcome Suzzi!
Virginia

ellis
10-13-2002, 10:09 AM
Welcome Suzzi!

mauvaisroux
10-13-2002, 05:20 PM
Welcome Suzzi :)

The weekly weigh in is officially every Monday but some people do it on Sunday or whatever their program's weigh in day is. You can post on whatever day is good for you.

Commitment week usually starts Sunday or Monday for most of us.

I am afraid to post this week as it is our thanksgiving weekend and I have been totally off plan all weekend :o and tonight we are having dinner at my parents with trifle for dessert :yikes: oh well, back to plan on Monday!

suzzi
10-13-2002, 06:31 PM
THANKS FOR THE WARM WELCOME MAUVAISROUX,ELLIS, AND WANTTOLOSEALOT. ITS GREAT TO BE HERE!!
WELL, I AM GOING TO WEIGH IN TOMORROW ON MONDAY, AND MY COMMITMENT OF THE WEEK IS TO DO AT LEAST 20MIN CARDIO 4 TIMES THIS WK.
OH, I HAVE A PROBABLY STUPID QUESTION BUT I AM GOING TO ASK IT ANYWAY, WHAT IS TOPS?
WELL,IT SURE IS FUN TO BE HERE, I DON'T HAVE A LOT OF FRIENDS JUST BECAUSE I WORK ALOT SO IT'S NICE TO HAVE SOME TO CHAT WITH.
MAUVAISROUX, I AM SURE YOU WILL DO FINE WITH THE DINNER TONIGHT. GOOD LUCK!!

dentrassi
10-13-2002, 09:25 PM
WELCOME SUZI!!!!!!!!!!!

Mauvais-Trifle? oog, THAT'S MY FAVORITE!!!!! My Mom is so sick of my MIL demanding it though that I think she is making something else this year. May be all for the best though!!!! (WAAHHH!!!!!)

mauvaisroux
10-13-2002, 09:36 PM
Burp! :D The trifle was delicious and my mom did not put the chocolate shavings on due to my caffeine/chocolate ban, what a sweetie :)

dentrassi
10-13-2002, 09:48 PM
Glad you enjoyed it!!!!! It is great that your Mom made it so that you could eat it too!!! She IS a sweetie!!

Wanttolosealot
10-13-2002, 10:15 PM
Hi Suzzi,
TOPS - Take Off Pounds Sensibly
It is a weight loss organization that I belong to. Just started it in September. I belonged to it 5 years ago, but at that time was not really serious about weight loss, however this time is different, I also go to the gym 5 or 6 times a week, and love it. Hope you enjoy this zany group of ladies. We have a lot of fun here.
Virginia

mauvaisroux
10-13-2002, 11:54 PM
Suzzi- in your bio you were asking about the pictures and words under our names.

I am not an expert on the subject so please don't yell at me if it doesn't work :lol:

Go to the top of this page and click on "user cp" then go into "edit profile" Where it says custom user text in the space marked "new title" type in what you want then click on "submit modifications" which is at the very bottom of the page.

for the avatars (pictures) go into "user cp" again and click on "edit options"and scroll down to the word Avatar and click on it. This will take you to a screen that has several pictures on it to choose from. I think you just click on the one you want and then click on "submit modifications"

I got mine elsewhere but the process of attaching it is too much for me to walk you through.

Perhaps some one else who knows how to do it better than I can will offer their assistance? Come on chickies, any volunteers? :)

Wildfire
10-14-2002, 09:54 AM
Welcome Suzzi! :wave: Unless you're computer savvy, I'd recommend you choose an avatar from the selection provided here. To use a custom avatar like mine or mauvais', you have to have a website of your own to upload the image to, and then link to it from your profile here. Unless of course, you can bribe your SO, friend, cousin, neighbor, whoever, to do it for you. ;)

Today is Thanksgiving and we're going to my uncle's place for dinner, so today doesn't count, just going to do the "all things in moderation" thing today. Starting tomorrow, my commitment for the week is 30 min. of exercise each day, plus 100 stomach crunches a day. My back is getting to be a nuisance and it was much better when I was doing my crunches. I am also going to make sure I get that water in!

I AM DECLARING WAR! I refuse to gain any of the weight back, and I've been stuck for long enough.

ellis
10-14-2002, 09:56 AM
Okay, I'm commited to going to the gym at least 3 times this week. the end

ginya
10-14-2002, 10:22 AM
I blew it, I blew it, I blew it!
no way can I justify cheesecake for breakfast, in spite of the fact that it is dairy...with fruit...sort of a suped-up yougurt...with a crust...ugh!
but it was in the morning, not aftr 8:00 pm, and I had to walk to the fridge to get it...and lift it...
damn...
another day, another chance to start again.
I think my biggest problem is that all social activites in my life include food. So, if I lock myself in my bedroom for oh, 3 years, everything will be alright.

Wildfire
10-14-2002, 10:24 AM
Would anyone be interested in posting to a daily food journal? We used to do this for the Alternative Group on the Support board. It's a place to record your food intake to be accountable. We also used to get some new ideas from each other and advice.

ellis
10-14-2002, 10:35 AM
Do it, Wildfire! I'll join you!

Wildfire
10-14-2002, 10:36 AM
Okey-dokey!

mauvaisroux
10-14-2002, 10:47 PM
I am commiting to doing my pilates tape at least 3 times this week and practicing my belly dancing at home. We may have a show to do at the end of November:yikes: I'm not sure if I will perform or not.

suzzi
10-14-2002, 11:59 PM
SURE WILDFIRE!! I'M GAME FOR THE DAILY FOOD JOURNAL.
THAT MIGHT HELP KEEP ME FROM CHEATING.

ellis
10-15-2002, 08:06 AM
what do you mean, "a show", Mauvais? You're going to bellydance in a strip joint? Ruth and I will come and clap. :D

SuchAPrettyFace
10-15-2002, 12:37 PM
No more potatoes. It seems I'm allergic to them anyway. Even just a plain baked potato turns my face red & gives me a baaaaad tummyache.

So that is my committment. No more. I'd been doing very well w/that the last 2 years or so but the last month I've eaten them 3 times.

Wanttolosealot
10-18-2002, 06:22 PM
Am I losing my mind? I can not firgure out where I posted my commitment, or if I did, for the Halloween Challenge. I can not remember how much I said or if I even did post. HELP!!!!!
Well, I am going to commit to 4 lbs right now, from now till the 31st. If anyone finds where I put my commitment at please inform this absent minded chick.
Virginia:dizzy:

Ruthxxx
10-18-2002, 06:37 PM
Did you check your bra? I always lose things in there! :D

Sojourner
10-18-2002, 07:56 PM
Maybe check back in the old weigh in threads... you may have posted a goal there. I need to lose a few more pounds by the end of the month... time to suck it up!

dentrassi
10-19-2002, 12:19 AM
Ruth-YUP!! Sometimes even a snack for later!!!

mauvaisroux
10-20-2002, 06:23 PM
I am going to try to have a healthy (not deep fried and no chips on the side) fish dinner once per week from now on. I never eat fish and it is supposed to be really good for you so here goes...

Wanttolosealot
10-20-2002, 11:28 PM
I am going to drink more water, I was doing really well, and have been slipping somewhat. Also need to get more outside walks in, I enjoy it more than the threadmill too, but love working out.

ellis
10-21-2002, 08:45 AM
I'm going to track my food today. Details at Wildfire's "food journal" thread.

Ruthxxx
10-21-2002, 10:11 AM
I am following Mauvais and going to try for more fish meals. I love seafood but fish is sort of blah to me - except battered and served with chips, dammit!
I am going to Kingston tomorrow and will get some fish at the Loblaws superstore there. We had salmon last week so I will try for something different.