Simply Filling/Core - Core weekly chat: March 15- March 21

Tejas
03-15-2010, 10:41 AM
:grouphug:

NEW PAGES!!

Tejas
03-15-2010, 10:44 AM
Good Morning.

There are posts from late yesterday on last week's thread, if you want to catch up.

We're off to Ft. Worth today to take my friend to lunch at Reata (fancy place) then to the Cowgirl Museum. I splurged last night, so back to restraint today.

Torture Todd is taking the week off, so I'm on my own for weights this week.

I leave on Wednesday for a trip to NYC and Washington to visit friends and family. DH is staying home (but, he does feel better).

:wave:
Rhonda

Vickie
03-15-2010, 11:08 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm so glad to see that all is well in your worlds. I've a crazy busy week this week. JC and many tests and appointments. Friday is my only day off and I shall be in my pajamas all day! I'm ashamed to say I'm looking forward to it.

Despite my restraint, low calories, and 2 days of exercise, it appears that I've stayed the same this week. My scale was wrong last week so I won't be grumpy until I see what Jenny's scale says.

The puppies were adorable and we'd be happy with any of the four of them. They still haven't decided which would be the show dogs. We really like two of them so we have to wait and see since we are only bringing one home. We probably will pick him or her up on April 17. We have names all ready to go.

Have a great day. I'll be back way later after my eye doctor appointment.

aghiowa
03-15-2010, 12:38 PM
Morning ladies! It's so gorgeous outside right now...we could get up to 60 degrees. I actually hung clothes out on the line today for the first time this year. My fingers were a little chilly with wet clothes in the shade, but I don't care!

Vickie, you could be getting your new addition right about the same time we do! :lol:

I have a busy week - it's my middle daughter's 9th birthday this week, I have to sing for a church thing, I am going out to see a movie with friends, and my baby shower is coming up. Oh yes, and spring break for the girls is next week. I'm actually glad I'm keeping busy because it makes the days go by faster.

I hope everyone has a fantastic week!
Angela

beach bum
03-15-2010, 03:02 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Oh another day of rain,and than a day of drying up tomorrow and on than on Wednesday St.Patrick's Day. will be sunny and so the remainder of the week.Got on the scale & I lost another pound this week,I guess the 1200 c is working.

SANDRA-We are going to something about this guy.Next week we are going to sing the Irish songs,regard less of what he says.I would have done it this week but she a new director and didn't want to make waves.Hope Curtis caught some fish for a good dinner.

RHONDA-Big Congrats on your NSV,you did fantastic.I guess [that late night + DST=One tired woman.] Try to rest up from your long weekend.

NANCY-Sounds like a good plan. Portion size is working for me,even if its very very slow.Go on the net and find 500 c menu plan I'm sure they're something out there that will fit your needs.

SLOAN-That what he said, the Monsignor told us that hes nuts,but what I don't understand is why he didn't let us play the Irish song anyway.

ROSE-I know some think they're holy er that thou,but we shouldn't have listen to him and should have gone on with the program anyway.

Have to go and get my laundry done.

Tejas
03-16-2010, 11:00 AM
Baby shower for Angela. Too bad we can't participate except virtually! But, Angela, you know we'd love to be there :grouphug:

Maryann, congrats on losing that pound. I found it! But, I'm just grateful that is all I found, given the amount of food I've been around lately.

NYC will be a challenge, for sure. But, I'm staying with a friend who will be supportive, so that will help.

I hope you all have a good day. I've got to take my visitor to the airport, then come home and pack myself.

Rhonda

Vickie
03-16-2010, 11:38 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I hope you are all happy and well. I've had my mammogram and am packing up items to return. Stuff I ordered that I didn't like. Then all kinds of errands and stuff.

I'm on program but hating my water. What's up with all of you? Paula, how are you feeling?

ontarget
03-16-2010, 12:46 PM
Rhonda, you're a busy chickie. Makes me smile.

Angela, we'll be with you in spirit--and we'll be waiting to hear all about the shower.

Vickie, I am day 2 op. I need to work on my attitude. It's pretty bad. Well, as far as being op goes, it's bad. Chug that water. I'll do the same.

Maryann, congrats on losing that pound.

It's raining, so I'm going to shoot inside today. I haven't shot very much since A&M and am ready to fling some arrows. I did fling a few Sunday and a few other days, but I didn't work on form. That's my goal today. Well, that and staying op. Biggest Loser tonight. That should help--with op, that is.

From reading my post can you tell I am still jittery? I can feel the jitteryness coming through my typing. I can see it, too. I have hit quite a few "wrong" keys and have had to make changes. I am definitely my mother's daughter. She was bipolar and I'm wondering if that's what's up with me. I go from easy going Sandra to jittery woman when just about anything off the norm happens. I'm reading a bookCHANGE YOUR BRAIN CHANGE YOUR LIFE and am working with suggestions to calm myself. And I'm also still taking anxiety meds.

Sorry. That was all prob more than you wanted to know. Have a great day, everyone. I'll keep working to be my positive self.

beach bum
03-16-2010, 05:58 PM

Had to tough time getting on to my Yahoo browser as it was down. Went to Walmarts & than the bank.Now I'm cooking my dinner so I will have to make this fast.

RHONDA-When you your going down to NYC???? I'm going by bus,train & taxi the week before Easter. Grandchildren are going to be off from school 1 week before Easter and have to go back Easter Tuesday.Thanks for the congrats,I sure that you'll lose you soon.

VICKIE-I had to change my mammogram date later because of the trip to NY,but they told me that I can't go to my original place,I have to go to the hospital. Reason they doing away with radiation and going digital instead.Interesting,it might change in your place also.

SANDRA-Thanks for the congrats,sorry you feel so jittery,what making your nervous????? Some suggestions taking a deep breath or maybe a long walk. A bubble bath would be relaxing also. I have to buy one of those bath supports in the near future so I can take those bubble baths again.Fell in the tub,and need supports for me to hang on.

Tejas
03-16-2010, 06:08 PM
Maryann, I'm going UP to NYC tomorrow...will be passing through Chicago, Vickie....I'll wave at you.

Sandra, I'm sorry to hear that you're having a rough time. I've some bi-polar in my family too. I know the struggle. Yoga, meditation, exercise have all helped me...for what that's worth. Sometimes meds are the only answer.

I'm taking a nap now!!! :yawn:

ontarget
03-16-2010, 06:15 PM
Maryann and Rhonda, thank you for the suggestions. I'm already doing some of your ideas and they are helping. The car accident "got me started." I'm thinking time will also help. I will get through this. Till then the meds will also help.

I'm op 2 days in a row. I'm taking this one day at a time. So far so good.

Everyone have a good op day. I'll be back later.

Vickie
03-16-2010, 06:17 PM
Sandra, I'm sorry you're in turmoil. Deep breathing and bubble baths help me. So does ME time. I'm crazy now since we've been running all day. I'm going to go relax.

sloanie
03-16-2010, 10:40 PM
Hey chicks, the painting has finally gotten to us, and we are all so tired! We are taking a day off to rest.

Sandra, I'm so sorry you are having a hard time. Have you spoken to your doctor? Sounds like you have very good self awareness, so don't ignore any serious symptoms that you may be recoginzing. You know that it is easier to head off a crisis than it is to come back from one. Take care of yourself. We love you!!!

Rhonda, have a great time in New York. Hope the weather is nice!

Hey to the rest of you chickies! GTG finish watching Lost!

ontarget
03-16-2010, 11:23 PM
If I'm not better soon, I will go to the doctor.

Sloan, I'm glad you're resting today.

beach bum
03-17-2010, 10:06 AM
:drinkup:HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY EVERYONE!!!!
ARE YOU WEARING YOUR GREEN TODAY?:drinkup:

Good Morning Ladies:)

Just got back from Mass and than to the Bereavement group and than to the cemetery. So I'm going to be kept quite busy day.We might go out for lunch or hold off until Friday,It up to all of agreeing.

The sun is out but this morning all the windows of my car were frozen.Had to take the old scraper out of the trunk and get on scraping before leaving the parking lot.

Going to cook my first Corn Beef and Cabbage dinner tonight. I bought a small piece of meat ,so I couldn't invite my friends,but if it come out fine & I don't get sick :D, I will have they over for Next St Patrick's Day..

RHONDA-Have a safe trip down to NYC.,along with a good time. The weather should be warmer than on the cape.

SANDRA-Sorry about the car accident,some how I must have miss your post. Glad that your doing some of the suggested ideas. You correct time heals all wounds.

Vickie
03-17-2010, 10:57 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm off to more doctor tests, errands, and to see my Sister who has been laid up with sciatica for about the last two weeks.

I'm doing ok on program but had a run in with some crackers last night. Water was good and I shall bring my bottle with me today on errands.

Sandra, do you think you might have post traumatic stress syndrome from the accident? I hope you are ok.

Vickie
03-17-2010, 11:05 AM
Free shipping ends today on Vitatops Muffins directly from the manufacturer. They freeze perfectly and last a long time.

http://www.vitalicious.com/hgmar10.html?utm_source=HG&utm_medium=mar10&utm_campaign=HGMar10_link8

nancy237
03-17-2010, 01:32 PM
Vickie...That ad for the variety pack is confusing to me because it doesn't
say how many you get ??
I'll look at it again ..I am sure I am just missing it...

I am going to order some tonight...

How long will they stay fresh without freezing???

What is your favorite flavors??

The 2 ounce muffin is the same size as nutrisystem muffins but less calories.

Vickie
03-17-2010, 02:06 PM
Nancy, you get 22 for $29.99. That's an awesome deal. I LOVE the deep chocolate and the cranberry. It looks like only some are included in the special kit. The only one I didn't care for was the chocolate mint but this ad says they changed the chocolate mint to make it taste better.

I always keep them in the freezer until I'm ready to eat. They thaw fast. If I'm being really impatient, I microwave for about 10-15 seconds. I don't think there are any preservatives so I wouldn't leave them defrosted for more than a day or so in the refrigerator. They are meant to be in the freezer. I may order some myself.

blessedwithsarah
03-17-2010, 02:53 PM
Hi everyone. Doing well -- I was able to go to the Y yesterday. I started off taking it easy and kept it up and made sure I wasn't sore. I ended up getting in a full hour, so I was happy. I also did some upper arm work. I'm healing well. Thanks for those who asked!! Now, I need to get back to program. No more excuses!!!

Nancy, I love the apple bran and blue berry bran vitatops. I eat them right out of the freezer -- they dont' get hard, sort of icy in the middle. I've had them for a few months in the freezer without any problems. I think I'm going to order some today as well. I've missed having them. They are a quick snack or breakfast.

Vickie - hope you are feeling better.

Sandra - don't wait too long to get to a Dr. Its not worth your anxiety.

Maryann - HUGS to you today!

Well, got to run. BBL.

sloanie
03-17-2010, 08:28 PM
Happy St. Patrick's Day, y'all. I'm wearing green, but will not be having corned beef for dinner as I forgot to purchase one. I'm watching the local news, and a man dressed as a leprechaun robbed a bank today! How funny! I guess he was looking for a pot of gold.

We are painting again, so I gotta go. Have a great evening y'all.

ontarget
03-17-2010, 10:01 PM
Hi there. We've had a good day and are now planted in front of the television. I'm feeling really good. Vickie, I think you're right and my stress was from the wreck. I'd hate to see how I'd react if the wreck had been more severe. But--thank goodness it wasn't.

Day 3 op for me. Life is good.

Rhonda, have fun on your trip.

Maryann, for some reason I forgot to wear green. Usually we're in Louisville this week at the NFAA Indoor Nationals. Guess we're out of sync being home.

Vickie, when I was reading about your run in with crackers, I was afraid at first you'd been in a wreck. Glad it was just a kitchen collision.

Paula, Nancy, and Vickie, you're making me hungry for muffins. :lol:

I need to get off the recliner and get on the :ebike:. Wish me luck.

nancy237
03-17-2010, 11:27 PM
Hey everyone.

I have been pinched all day...forgot to wear green..

I started a new routine to do my Walmart and grocery shopping on Wed night
so I have more time on Saturday for projects & family activities.

Just got done and it feels so good to know my grocery shopping is done.

I am way overstocked in my pantry and freezer though so I need to start
just shopping for fresh and eat my reserves.

I ordered my VitaMuffin Tops today ... Thanks for the info on them.
I like that they have protein and fiber in them.

Sandra ..I am glad you are feeling better..

ps. I forgot to tell you I got a really bad haircut..only good thing is that it will grow.
I gave this new stylist free rein and I so regret it...
My son said "that isn't a hair do , its a hair don't"
Shortest hair I have had since 1st grade...

ontarget
03-17-2010, 11:54 PM
Nancy, sorry about your new "don't". You're right, though. It will grow. I didn't get pinched at all today. Don't know why. Maybe it's cuz Curtis isn't wearing green either and he's about the only one I've been around.:drinkup: We did have a wine cooler to celebrate. Life is good.

Vickie
03-18-2010, 08:09 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm up early.....again....but this time to get out of the way of the cleaning lady. Really, I'm blessed to have help so as to not aggravate my hiatal hernia. But, I'm so tired. I'll be back later to try to catch up a bit.

ontarget
03-18-2010, 11:30 AM
Good morning. We're going fishing this afternoon. It should be good to get out. I'm going to fish, but I'm also going to do some reading while soaking up sunshine. Life is good.

Vickie, what kind of tests did you have yesterday?

beach bum
03-18-2010, 12:18 PM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Woke to a phoned call from on of my fiends to walk the bike path,but she told by my voice I was still sleeping.My arm & back are really bothering me, couldn't sleep so I took a sleeping pill. Called the othropetic doctor to check my arm and hand,as my hand is tingling and my arm, & back is hurting.Nurse asked if my chest hurt,thinking it was a heart attack,but I told her that it just my arm.I had it once before on my right arm and they called it rotary cuff tendentious .Have an appointment this Tuesday.

Going our with my girlfriend this afternoon from 1-2 PM at 3 I have to go my choir practice.

I made my corned beef yesterday and had dinner at 7:30. The meat was a little tough,and didn't fall apart like Leo used to do. I guess practice makes perfect.The cabbage & potatoes were fine.

VICKIE-Good luck at the doctors and I feeling for your sister having that painful sciatica I had it last year and boy can it hurt.

NANCY-I buy them all the time but one box and each box has 4 muffins.

PAULA-Thanks,Happy to hear your back at the Y and you don't hurt anymore I have to start exercising regular again,Need to start getting my arm muscles from getting mushy

SANDRA-Leo was the Irish one in our family and he never wore green. I just love the color,O I have several clothes in all shades of green and along with my house.

SLOAN-:D That funny about a leprechaun holding up a bank,looking for his pot of gold:D Did they catch him????

Have to go and get ready to walk with my friend.

sloanie
03-18-2010, 12:38 PM
Sad story about the Leprechaun bank robber. As he was fleeing the scene, he turned and opened fire on the police officers, so they shot and killed him! Not a good St. Patrick's Day for him at all. Funny though, he was a six foot tall leprechaun!! What could he have been thinking? :(

School is crazy today. Our boy's b ball team in the State Tournament, so most of the students are going to the game. We will have only a few students here this afternoon. I'm hoping to use the time to catch up on some grading!

Have a great day, y'all!

nancy237
03-18-2010, 07:29 PM
Nice day here, weather was beautiful so I took a 1 1/2 hour hike with a friend
around the lake. The time went by fast because we were talking so much.

I am back to eating my 200 calorie mini meals...

For breakfast I sautéed asparagus, & onion in a 1/2 T olive oil and added tomato and a bit of chopped up turkey deli . Then I scrambled a bit of eggbeaters and added it all together and grated a tiny bit of sharp cheese on top.
I think it should be all under 250 calories(maybe less) and it was sooo... good.

Snack was yogart with fiber and nuts added..

I am so excited because hubby just hung a hammock for me that has been in our attic for 5 years...(How dumb is that..) Does anyone else do that..procrastinate and then the actual time required to do the task is 15 minutes???
I am really looking forward to reading in the backyard in my hammock.
Maybe I need a nearby bird feeder to watch..

ontarget
03-18-2010, 10:35 PM
Maryann, I normally wear green. Don't know how I forgot this year. I don't think I've ever eaten corned beef. I'm glad you made yours. Traditions are important.

Sloan, what a hoot about the leprechaun bandit. Let us know how your team does in the state tournament. I love basketball madness.

Nancy, I'm exhausted after being on the lake all afternoon even though we were in a boat. We're both really sunburned, but we had fun.

Vickie, how was your day. I'm guessing your home is really clean. Mine is pretty dirty.

I'm thinking it's wine cooler time. Life is good.

beach bum
03-19-2010, 10:33 AM
Good Morning Ladies

Didn't have a good night so I had to take another sleeping pill. My shoulder and left arm are killing me. I took a Alieve gel tab but it didn't work,I need some thing stronger,was afraid to take a codeine tablet that I had from the last time my arm flared up,as I'm alone now and don't have Leo there to call if the codeine started to effect me.

Tonight we are going out to dinner a BBC I ordering fish & chips,before I go I going to have a bowl of left over spinach and diced tomatoes from an other recipe.

SLOAN-I was sad that he got killed but he should have know that robbing a band you have to pay the consequences.

NANCY-WOW you did great with your hiking,I thought my group of friends were doing good,but you went few steps further.

SANDRA-Thanks it was good according to my standards but not as good as Leo's .My son told me to buy it again as practice makes perfect.

Vickie
03-19-2010, 11:28 AM
Good Morning Chicks! Hope you are all well. I'm going to have breakfast and walk on the treadmill for the first time this week. No movement for me on the scale yet. It's starting to get a bit frustrating. This is where I hit the setpoint the last time on Core. This time I'll push through it.....as long as it takes, rather than gaining all 45 pounds back.

See you all later.

ontarget
03-19-2010, 07:22 PM
Vickie, I'm proud of you. You'll get through this set point. You're a determined woman.

Rhonda e'd me today. She's having a wonderful time in NYC. I told her I'm green with envy.

Maryann, I hope you're feeling better.

Vickie
03-19-2010, 07:50 PM
Sandra, thanks. How are YOU?

ontarget
03-19-2010, 11:08 PM
I'm good, Vickie. Thank you for asking. I'm only taking 1/2 an anxiety pill daily now and prob don't even need that. We got my car back today so that's another plus. Life is good.

sloanie
03-20-2010, 08:30 AM
Hey Vickie, don't give up! You know that the weight will start coming off again when it's time. 45 pounds lost is so awesome, and I'm very proud of you :)

Sandra, our team lost in the first round :( I didn't get to the game, but several folks said they did not play well at all. I guess it was just not their turn to win! How are you doing?

Maryann, sorry about your shoulder. I don't know if you believe in chiropractors, but my chiropractor has really helped my shoulder :D

Nancy, that hammock sure sounds nice! I know you'll enjoy that! When you are having your 200 calorie meals, what are you doing for supper? Just curious.

I started this post last night but did not finish it until this morning. Of course my day will be busy with painting. It is supposed to be warm today, so all of the windows will definitely be open! Have a super day, y'all.

nancy237
03-20-2010, 11:29 AM
My grandson spent the night over so we are cuddled up watching
"Dora The Explorer" ....

Sloan...I sometimes allow a bit more calories at dinner and have a 300 cal
lean cuisine, a lean meat + salad, soup , or egg white veggie scramble.

I usually eat another 200 calories about 8 or 9 because I am a night owl
and I'm often up til 12 or 1.

My scale has jumped up a few pounds but I hope it is water retention from salt.

I am getting ready to go to a free Home Depot Tiling class .

Vickie
03-20-2010, 12:19 PM
Good Morning Chicks! Today is washer and dryer delivery day. I'm quite nervous wondering if the installation will go well and whether or not it will fit since we have a floor heating register in the way a bit. The Sears delivery men are not very skilled so my fingers are crossed. They won't come until around 4:00. It's snowing here. Happy Spring. At least it won't stick.

I'm on program but no scale movement. Sometimes this all just stinks. I have to go eat breakfast and walk on the treadmill.

Does anyone have a great and accurate pedometer that I could wear around my neck? I don't wear a waistband or belt yet.

sloanie
03-20-2010, 01:39 PM
I'm taking a break from painting 'cause I did a really dumb thing and used tile glue as dry wall spackle, so I had to scrape and start again! I feel so stupid. Obviously I did not read the container :(

Vickie, how about a pedometer that you wear on your shoe? I think they make something like that.

I'm about to download a new book to listen to while I work then I'm going back to work. TTFN

Vickie
03-20-2010, 01:42 PM
Thanks, Sloanie. I'll consider that. Problem is that I'm often just in slippers at home. I'm thinking pocket? I've been researching to avoid walking. I think I'll go walk. Don't work too hard. A book is a great idea.

ontarget
03-20-2010, 02:13 PM
Vickie, what you said yesterday about your body's reaching a set point is probably true. My body does that at certain numbers. I heard that we stay there a bit then eventually begin to drop again. (Now does that sound like a professional explanation?) :lol: You'll start losing again. Just keep with what you're doing. It's working beautifully for you.

Sloan, sounds like a "Lucy Moment." I am famous for those, so I totally understand. What book did you download?

Nancy, your plan sounds good. You're probably right about water retention. Just chug more water to "break the dam."

I just bought a hydrangea tree and some pink muhly (sp?) grass on QVC. I had been waiting several days for Cottage Farms. Their products look amazing. Now we'll see how they can handle Texas summers.

I need to get off here and make lunch. Guess I'll have a TV dinner. I need to find out what Curtis wants. I made him a chicken salad and also some spaghetti/meat sauce.

Vickie
03-20-2010, 02:15 PM
Do any of you eat Arnold Sandwich thins? We one is the best?

Vickie
03-20-2010, 02:15 PM
Sandra, I've often looked at Cottage Farms. I'm a true QVC addict. I'd love to know if you are hapy with them.

beach bum
03-20-2010, 02:41 PM

Got my bus ticket for my NY trip down to my DD's for Easter Holiday.Now I have to get my LIRR ticket on Line and than I be set. This time I;m going to be smart & travel light. Buying the bunny's and chocolate eggs down there.

Had a great time at BBC and had a huge fish it was the length of the plate and a small amount of fries. Before I left I had leftover spinach and diced tomatoes from a Greek chicken recipe.So that filled me up quickly.

Had another bad night with this back Was going to take a codeine that I had left over from other pain and than decided not to as I'm alone and if something happens I wouldn't be able to call 911.

Going out this afternoon to have my hair cut,as it getting to long and bushy to keep it managed.

SANDRA-Thanks,I'm still hurting and nothing that I'm doing[cold compress or inflammatory ] is not helping.

SLOAN-I always went to orthopedic/sports doctor and I have one across the street from me. I went to him before when I had the same thing on the other shoulder/arm about 5 years ago.

VICKIE-I like the Arnold's Sandwich Thins I have the rye ones.

Have a nice weekend will be back on Monday

ontarget
03-20-2010, 04:25 PM
Vickie, today I became a QVC addict. I confess. Since I was last on here, I have ordered strawberries and a planter for them. I'm finished now unless they have something else I just can't live without. The good thing/bad thing is my flowerbeds are fairly full. I could pester Curtis into building me another one, but right now I'm all right with what I have. My thinking about the "next" one is that it will be for bulbs only. Do you think I can wait a year or so before I get it built? :lol: Or will I decide against it? Or will I get it built soon? Only time will tell. :lol:

Maryann, can you take 1/2 a codiene pill? What about contacting your doctor for help? It's not good to be in pain.

I've never had any of those sandwich thins. Are they the 1 point buns? I have found some 1 pt buns here in Texas, but I don't think they were Arnolds. I don't remember what they are, but I do know I liked them.

Vickie
03-20-2010, 05:52 PM
http://www.arnoldbread.com/thins/ListProducts.aspx

ontarget
03-20-2010, 07:26 PM
Vickie, that is the bread I've had. I like it.

beach bum
03-21-2010, 12:54 PM

Going to being a beautiful day even if the temps went down a little bit.Going out to meet my friends at the Heights beach for a little walking around 3 PM.So that's something to look forward to. Just come home from Sunday Brunch and met my other friends. Going to have a canasta party once, I get home from the Easter Holiday.

My back doesn't hurt this morning but I'm still going to the doctor on Tuesday anyway,and see if he can take a x-ray and see what's going on.

SANDRA-That's a good idea using a 1/2 codeine pill instead of a whole I should have thought of that in the beginning,will call the doctor tomorrow morning Thanks.Those sandwich thins are 100c so that would be WW 2 pts.

VICKIE-Thanks for the Arnold's Sand Thin web site,Just bookmarked the website where they sandwich ideas.

Have a great weekend what left of it will be back Monday Morning.

Vickie
03-21-2010, 02:19 PM
Good Morning Chicks! Finally a day without stress. The washer and dryer were delivered yesterday and fit in the allotted space. The dryer had to go over the floor register a bit but the installer said it would be fine. We never open that vent anyway. We need to test them out but we haven't done that yet.

I'm not walking on the treadmill today as my silly hamstring is hurting again. I need an overall rest.

I need to call and check on my Sister. I hope you are all well.

ontarget
03-21-2010, 06:01 PM
We went to church this morning then out to lunch with about 10 folks. Life is good.

Vickie, I'm glad your washer/dryer fit. That has to be a big relief. I hope your sister is all right.

Maryann, I'm glad you're going to the doctor. I just looked up the sandwich thins. I don't mean to argue, but I used my WW calculator and it shows 1 pt. The thins I was calculating are 90 cal, 1.5 fat gram and 4 fiber grams. Maybe the ones you use may be different. Whichever we use, they are still low point and pretty tasty.

After today I will have completed my first whole week op in quite awhile. I'm anxious to weigh in the AM. I'm actually looking forward to week 2 op.

Have a good day, everyone.

nancy237
03-21-2010, 06:04 PM
Vickie..
I think I remember that they recommend a first wash without any
clothes in the washer to be sure there are not any oils/grease from the
manufacturer in the first load.

Vickie
03-21-2010, 07:32 PM
Ooooppppssss! I did a load of towels. It seems ok. So far so good.

Tomorrow is weigh in and again no movement so far. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Sandra, I think you're right on the thins. They come out lower because of the fiber and low fat.

ontarget
03-21-2010, 08:19 PM
;) ;) ;) Vickie. I need some ;)'s, too.

sloanie
03-21-2010, 10:02 PM
Sandra, the book I downloaded is "Saving CeeCee Honeycutt". I'm enjoying it, so far. I've been listening while painting by myself. I've only heard a few chapters, but I like it.

Vickie, I'm glad you have your washer and dryer installed and working. I hope you just love it!

Maryann, sounds like you are staying busy with friends. Have fun!

Hey Nancy :D

I've been painting for the past two days. I think I've logged about 14 or 15 hours this weekend. We have one more coat to go in the living room then lots of touch up. I'm hoping the floor will be in sometime in the next couple of weeks. DH hung a few light fixtures and installed a couple of cabinets and the microwave while the painting was going on. Even though we are almost done, it seems like we have so much left to do! I guess I'm whiney 'cause I'm so tired, sorry!

I've got to get in the shower before I fall asleep. Night, night!

ontarget
03-21-2010, 10:48 PM
Sloan, you've earned a lot of wpa's with all your painting. Sounds like you and dh have been super busy. No wonder you're tired.

Vickie
03-21-2010, 11:35 PM
Sloan, you are one awesome Chick! I was lazy today and did nothing except research puppy items.

I'm going to eat my dessert now and watch TV.