WW Food and Point Issues - Diner Breakfast

View Full Version : Diner Breakfast

hcky0318
03-14-2010, 11:02 AM
*I just posted this on WW Home but I think I may get more answers on this forum

I am on week 2 of doing WW online (i've done it before and lost weight, but now need to restart my weight loss). I travel for work and find I can make healthy low point decisions for lunch and dinner but breakfast I usually make all the wrong choices. Does anyone have any low point suggestions for breakfast bought at a diner or hotel restaurant?

snapplegirl69
03-14-2010, 05:09 PM
Maybe a fruit cup? Or low sugar cereal..If its at a diner maybe have an omlet made with egg whites and no cheese,or scramble them and put salsa on top

LadyTL
03-19-2010, 11:57 AM
Oatmeal is a good filling choice. Or cereal bars are low in points.

Doingthis4Chris
03-24-2010, 05:10 PM
I love breakfast! I don't eat out often, but when I do, I order 2 slices of crispy bacon, 1 egg and dry hash browns. You'll have to speak up and ask for them dry. It usually takes a little bit more time to get to your table, but it's worth it! Ask, too if they'll go light on the oil to cook the egg. Most places are very accommodating. The points come out to about 6. (Bacon, 1 point per slice; dry hash browns 1 point for about 1 cup; egg, 2 points) I add the extra point just to be on the safe side. This keeps me satisfied until lunch.

Munchy
04-08-2010, 09:52 AM
I almost always get an egg white omelette with veggies and no cheese. Or I ask for an egg white omelette with veggies and a teeny bit of feta, sometimes I get salsa. If you need toast, go whole grain and DRY, and no need to eat all of it.

I never finish the omelette - I pretty much always leave half of it - the diner omelettes are MONSTROUS!

skyootr
04-09-2010, 06:25 PM
you could always go with 1 poached egg and 1 slice toast with some fruit!