South Beach Diet - "Spring Forward" Weekend Beach Chat

Lexxiss
03-13-2010, 04:12 AM
Good Morning:sunny:

The weekend has arrived when the vast majority of us will set our clocks ahead an hour and jump into DST. Fortunately, I've never been the poor soul who's coming to church just as everyone is leaving...but I'm always concerned that I may just forget and be totally embarassed.

I know we have several travelers this weekend. I wish you all safe travel, good times and healthy eating. (Karen, wave at my house when you go through Idaho Springs)

I'm going to be staying near home and don't have anything totally pressing on my list, other than getting to church on time.:lol: We do have a potluck on Sunday, so I'll probably stick close to home today and do some cooking and cleaning. As always, I'll get some exercise in. It looks like a bike ride to the pool might even be in order.

What's planned for your weekend? Coffee is piping hot, and tea is always nearby. Stop and say hi :cofdate: before heading out.

Happy Saturday everyone!

tomandkara
03-13-2010, 04:15 AM
Good morning, Debbie! We don't change our clocks until the end of the month, so it totally caught me by surprise that it was a spring forward weekend! Enjoy your potluck prep! I love potlucks at church.

I just finished my workout and now the kids and I are heading out to a birthday party. I already e-mailed my friend and told her not to offer me any cake. I have to keep myself accountable because cake *speaks* to me! I decided that, as a treat to myself for making it through the three weeks on plan and without Tom, I would schedule a pedicure and facial for myself for next Friday, the day before Tom gets home. I'm really looking forward to that!

OK, on to shower and wrap the present. Why do I always leave that until two minutes before we leave???

Lexxiss
03-13-2010, 04:22 AM
Hi Kara :sunny: Have fun today! Good plan, asking your friend not to offer you cake. I do that, too. It's much easier to mention it ahead of time, and I've always found my friends to be quite accomodating. Mani/pedi sounds great! You deserve it! See you later.

Ruthxxx
03-13-2010, 06:05 AM
Good morning, Debbie and Kara. Thanks for the reminder re the time change. I would have been late for Church otherwise! I must remind the dogs to change their internal clocks.

Still no rain here although they have been predicting it since Thursday. Today there's a 30% possibility but the sunrise is going to be beautifully clear. The syrup making is going ahead at full speed. Did you know that Canada produces 80% of the world's maple syrup? Not that I'd let it cross my lips! ;)

Donna comes to clean this morning and I will be leaving she and Disney in charge when Jazz and I go to Kingston. We are doing some official obedience training. He's a really good little dog but a bit timid around other dogs. I need to get him over that before he is officially tested as a therapy dog. This'll take a good 3 hours out of my Saturday but will be worth it.

Hope your Saturday starts your weekend off on a high note. Coffee is singing to me right now.

WaistingTime
03-13-2010, 06:07 AM
Good early morning. I can never sleep the night before a trip so finally gave up, with things to remember swirling through my head, and here I am. I will exercise, catch up online, and finish packing. I think we will hit the road in about 3 hours. Today is the 9-10 hour drive day; tomorrow is another 3 (unless weather or ski traffic). Skiing/snowboarding starts on Monday!

I will try to pop in, but if I don't make it, I will be thinking of you gals this week.:hug:

Debbie - You know I will be waving as I go by! It is perfect timing with the time change since we would switch an hour going to CO anyways.

Kara - Interesting that you don't change clocks yet. That whole thing is crazy. I never know what time it is is in Arizona since they don't participate. Venice?!!! Sounds amazing.

Ruth - You popped up just as I was going to exclaim how quiet it was here at this hour! I used to love maple sugar candy when I was a kid. Yum. I use the fake sf stuff now, if at all. It is soooo not like real syrup.

Have a great weekend and great week everyone! Tootles.

Lexxiss
03-13-2010, 06:26 AM
Hi Ruth That's really interesting about the maple syrup. In Alaska we always tapped the birch trees-I think it's fascinating! Have fun in Kingston.

Karen, the snow has been great! Enjoy your trip. I'm sure we'll hear from you inbetween.

cottagebythesea
03-13-2010, 06:34 AM
Morning! I was huddled under the covers in bed listening to the storm rage outside until thoughts of hot coffee lured me out. I wouldn't want the power to go out and miss my coffee!

Deb, thanks for the reminder to Spring Forward! One more sign that Spring is coming. :) Now don't be late for church!

Kara, stay strong and keep to your resolve to back away from the birthday cake! Only one more week until Tom gets back, it will go fast!

Ruth, you're lucky the rain is missing you so far. It started here yesterday, and it's really coming down with a vengeance right now. I hope Jazz does well at school today and gets an "A+". Have a safe drive to Kingston!

Tammy, have a safe trip today and God Speed. I hope you get a chance to check in and tell us all about your trip!

The storm is raging, but we're going to venture out shortly for breakfast and some shopping. I want to stop by Walmart for several industrial size jugs of bleach for scrubbing the basement. We'll be spending the rest of the day getting the basement cleaned up and putting up shelving, and Jake has promised to get the washer and dryer hooked back up today, too, so I can do the laundry.
I must remember to call Audrey to wish her a Happy Birthday today, too. My baby is turning 9 years old today! :)

CyndiM
03-13-2010, 07:23 AM
Good morning :coffee2: I sort of slept in this morning. I was able to get back to sleep after the cat woke me up several times. Silly beast

Debbie - Enjoy the bike ride and the pool. I'm going to get brave and try biking as soon as the roads dry up enough. Right now I know I'd get soaked so am not too excited about it :)

Kara - Enjoy the cake free birthday party :) Great idea!

Karen - Have a safe trip and a great time!

Ruth - The weather has been perfect here too, until this weekend when I want to travel. I have a neighbor who uses Easter buckets on their maple trees. It's cute. I love the smell from the sugar shacks.

Cottage - I don't suppose you could encourage that weather to go out to sea instead of coming here?? Happy breakfasting and birthdaying :)

I'm still planning to head out tomorrow but keeping an eye on the mountain forecast. There is no way to get to NY without going up and over so keeping :crossed: I'm going to do all the things I need to get done today assuming I can make the drive tomorrow. We'll see.

For right now I'm just enjoying a relaxing start to the day. Think I'll pour another cup. Happy travels everyone :)

Heidi58
03-13-2010, 07:28 AM
Good morning!

Our travelers are on my mind this morning, too. (Be safe and have fun!)

I've got a slow paced day at home planned. :D I'll do a little picking up and laundry but mostly I'm just going to relax. My friend Gail phoned last night and tried to talk me into going shopping today (big sale at Kohl's) but I talked her into saving her money and coming over for tea instead. lol

Ruth, they're working hard on maple syrup around here too. (Maine is second after Vermont in US production) Yesterday Brandon's show and tell was about helping his Grandpa empty the buckets. He spilled one "all over the ground". Levi asked him if his Grandpa got mad and I loved Brandon's answer. "I think so, but he didn't tell me." :lol: That's a good grandpa, eh?

Enjoy your Saturday friends. :hug:

tammies00
03-13-2010, 08:48 AM
Morning Ladies
WOW what a crazy week. Our travel extravaganza was great. Got lots of good comments. We had over a 1000 guests come to it. Our office is still trying to unpack get all the stuff put back, but life at work is slowly returning to normal.

I have lost 2 pounds this week for a total of 4 pounds in the month of March. I am going to blast through my five pound goal!!!! I think I have finally figured out my phase 2 combo. Fruit doens't bother me I can do 2 or even 3 servings of fruit, but I can only have 1 -2 servings of carbs a day.

I am going to a pottery class today. I went last Saturday and it was so much fun. I am going back today. My kids also did a pottery class on last Saturday and will be going iwht me agian today.

I hope you all have a great weekend and safe travels.

Tammie

BellaLucia
03-13-2010, 08:54 AM
Have fun at the party Kara! I'm gonna be leaving soon for my job fair! I hope I find something!

Pearlrose
03-13-2010, 09:01 AM
Good morning,

Debbie- enjoy your bike ride and your weekend.

Kara- We are the same way hard to find places for a family of 5. Switzerland sounds like fun as well.

Ruth- have fun at doggy training, hope that Jazz gets up to speed so he can do therapy.

Karen- have fun on your trip- be safe driving.

Cottage- two huge jugs of bleach should do it, hopefully you will get it all done this weekend.

Cynd- hope that the weather cooperates for your trip tommorrow.

Heidi- have fun with your tea with your gf.

Tammy- weigh to go with your 2 lbs this week, I am still trying to figure out phase 2 so I can get the scale moving.

Last night we went and saw Alice in Wonderland- today they are having a St. Patricks day parade in St. Louis, I am hoping it doesn't rain the whole time. Only a couple more days until I leave for conference in Florida, starting to get excited about having a few days by myself even though I will be busy with work activities. Our Family trip is starting to become a family reunion so I am excited about that as well, I now have talked my niece and her kids to coming up to Orlando. So I have my parents, one of my sisters and her daughter and kids coming. We stay at my other sister house in Atlanta as our stop pit for the trip down. Just missing seeing one sister to make it a complete reunion for my side, but she is now living in England so that's a bit harder to arrange. LOL

Have a great weekend everyone.

ETA- Okie good luck at your job fair today.

tomandkara
03-13-2010, 09:32 AM
Ruth, enjoy your special time with Jazz today! Where are you going in Italy? Maybe if you're coming through Germany you can stop and say hi!

Karen, safe travels and wishes for a nice, relaxing vacation for you guys!

Linda, happy birthday to Audrey! Good luck with your final clean up steps, and I hope you can get through the laundry today. That is not my favorite chore.

Cyndi, I hope your weather stays good enough for your travels. I know you've been looking forward to getting to your parents' for the weekend.

Heidi, your story is so cute. That is one great grandpa!

Tammie, great job on the weight loss and WOW on the travel extravaganza! That is one big project!!! Enjoy your pottery class today!

Okie, good luck today!

Rose, your trip sounds fabulous! Maybe when we go to England this summer I'll say hi to your sister for you. Does that work?

We're home from the birthday party and the kids had a blast! There was a veggie tray but I didn't even eat any of that because I was afraid I'd reach for the chips and then the dip and then cave and eat the cake. I figured better to eat nothing than everything. My friend did start to offer me a piece but then she stopped and said, "Oh no! Pretty toes! I forgot!" I had told her about my pedicure deal. :) So of course her husband was there and VERY confused by this point, so I had to explain to him. He already thinks I'm crazy, so it's OK. I'm proud of myself for behaving. And now I'm going to go make a salad and get ready for my new tutoring client to come.

Heidi58
03-13-2010, 09:57 AM
Good job avoiding the birthday party landmines, Kara! :)

Okie, I'm hoping things will go great for you at the job fair today. :hug:

Pearlrose your trip sounds so nice.... my sisters and I keep talking about doing a vacation together with our families but so far it's just been talk. Thankfully they both live close to my parents and I'm able to get down there several times a month so we see each other regularly. But the idea of a vacation together sounds so good. I'll be anxious to hear all about yours! :)

Hey Tammie - congratulations! :carrot: 4 lbs in March and it's only the 13th! :carrot:

sophie
03-13-2010, 10:05 AM
Good morning

Debbie - sounds like a nice relaxing weekend. Is knitting over for the season.

Ruth - enjoy Kingston, I always get sad when I visit because youngest son went to Queens University and it just by so quickly.

Cottage - Hope you see the end to your cleaning up.

Karen - have a good time on your trip. You have inspired me to do some food planning for my trip.

Heidi - wow, another lb. you are amazing.

Tammie - have fun at the pottery class.

Pearlrose - sounds like you have some exciting times a head.

Okie - good look at the job fair.

Kara - bet Tom can't wait to get back to his gorgeous wife.

me - a busy day getting ready for my trip to Montreal, should be back on Thursday night. I'm getting together with my friend of 60 years so its always nice.

Cyndi - hope you get to see mom, moms' always look forward to that.

take care
Sophie

Schmoodle
03-13-2010, 10:44 AM
Happy Saturday, chicks. I slept in until 8AM this morning. :carrot: DD and I got ready to go to horseback riding lessons, but it was raining so hard, we turned around and came back in. There's a little bridge over a creek between here and there, and I'm sure it's flooding. Plus, they have a long dirt driveway and I'm not trying to get stuck in the mud. So instead of running errands I decided to catch up on facebook and 3fc instead. I'm not sure I need groceries anyway, since I'll be away all week, but I want to get the stuff for the kids' school lunches so my mother doesn't have to bother. I thought I'd done well to keep my basement dry with all the snow melt, but today it's filling up. The sump pump is running but it's coming in as fast as it's going out. At least it's not as big a deal as cottage's flood. My basement is stone foundation and dirt floor, and I don't keep anything much down there except the washer and dryer. I'll just pump it out and keep the fans going to dry it out.

I have no idea what to do with the rest of my day. There's so much to do I don't know where to start, but I may just spend some time updating my cookbook and watch a movie.

I was sorely tempted last night at my mom's but while everyone else feasted on pizza, ice cream, brownies, and berry pie, I had soup, salad, and my bean brownie. I did indulge in a glass of wine.

Debbie, piping hot coffee sounds wonderful, thanks.
Kara, gg for staying strong at the party - you have earned that pedi/facial! Enjoy! What are you tutoring?
Ruth, I did not know that.
Karen, have a wonderful trip.
Cyndi, I hope your travel works out okay.
cottage, is the basement staying dry in all this rain?
tammie, enjoy your pottery and congratulations on your loss.
Hello, Heidi!
Okie, good luck at your job fair today!
Pearl, did you like Alice? We saw it last week and really enjoyed it. Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter were great. Maybe I'll PM you my cell number. I'm free parts of Thursday and Friday and have a car, so maybe we can work out a cup of coffee or something! You too, Ruth!
sophie, have a good trip as well. A friend like that truly is gold!

gothik butterfly
03-13-2010, 11:21 AM
quick fly thru...

my sweetie should be leaving Denver in the next 8 hrs or so. yay!!! can't wait to see him.

there is karaoke AWESOMENESS tonight... really looking forward to it

don't know if I mentioned it but I took the Excel test for the temp agency and got a 93% which she said was "extremely high". ? weird. that's a low A where I come from. LOL but hopefully that means I'll get an interview for that position at Fort McCoy. *fingers crossed*

Safe travels to those of you out and about and I hope everyone has a fun weekend. I'll be back around I'm sure.

blessings,
kari

tomandkara
03-13-2010, 11:51 AM
Sophie, enjoy your trip!

Schmoodle, you are a strong, strong woman! Good thinking bringing bean brownies with you. Hope the basement clears up fast!

Kari, yay on the test score! You rock!

I just found out Tom's getting back a day earlier than we thought, and it's definite because he's flying commercial! WAHOO!!! He'll get home after the kids' bedtime, so I'm not even going to tell them he's getting back early. They will be excited when they see him in the morning and I will get him all to myself for the night. hehe

jenne1017
03-13-2010, 12:13 PM
Happy Weekend.

I am feeling horrible this morning. Going to finish working on my paper and nap. I was hoping it was because of all the Thai food yesterday (mostly OP though maybe sugar in the curry paste?) but I think it's more. Nap, then food shopping sans paper.

Be back soon ladies.

KatehSparrow
03-13-2010, 12:35 PM
Morning everyone,

Just popping in real quick to say Hi. Finally home on spring break and... its raining! Poo! Oh well, what can you do? Heading out to get my papa a birthday gift.

Toodles!

murphmitch
03-13-2010, 01:23 PM
I'm going to try to start posting in the daily chat. Something I've planned to do, but never get around to it.

Raining and dreary here. We had to replace our sump pump of two years this week and the new one is running constantly. Still have mounds of snow in the front yard, mostly gone in the back. Now I just have to contend with wet, soggy dogs when they come in. To our horror, my dogs seem to have decided they like to eat fresh dog poop now. They started munching on the frozen stuff this winter, so we hoped it would stop this spring. But no, unfortunately, they continue to eat it & then sometimes barf it up in the house. :barf: Got to start cleaning it up every time they go. My son is coming home from college today for spring break. DH busy sending out resumes, had one phone interview yesterday. Keep us in your prayers! I start working full-time at the hospital Monday. I've only worked part-time for the last 25 years, so it will be a big change for me. I'm thankful that my boss gave me more hours. :)

I weighed in at WW today for my monthly Lifetime check-in. Seems that no matter what I do, my weight will not go below 119. A year ago I was maintaining at 115 & I haven't changed anything. :?: Frustrating, but I'm happy to be under 120. I am in awe of you frequent exercisers

Not looking forward to the loss of an hour sleep this weekend. Seems like I catch up on sleep on the weekend and feel sleep deprived the rest of the week. It's always funny to see people that forgot coming in late for church.

I envy those of you traveling for spring break. Have a great time. Hope everyone has a great weekend! :D

Heidi58
03-13-2010, 01:41 PM
Hi Anne! :wave:

Glad to see you in this thread and even more glad that you're going to start posting daily! :D

I have been praying for you and your DH. I'm pleased to hear that your husband has had an interview already and that you're able to go on full time at the hospital, at least until he's working again. Lots of changes in your life right now - good for you staying on plan and taking care of yourself despite it all. :hug:

Hey Kari, nice job on that test score! I hope you'll be hearing from them soon.

murphmitch
03-13-2010, 03:42 PM
I have been praying for you and your DH. I'm pleased to hear that your husband has had an interview already and that you're able to go on full time at the hospital, at least until he's working again. Lots of changes in your life right now - good for you staying on plan and taking care of yourself despite it all. :hug:

Thanks, Heidi. I appreciate it!

BellaLucia
03-13-2010, 04:42 PM
Hey Anne! I'm sure your man will find something soon. My job fair went well.

Heidi58
03-13-2010, 05:35 PM
Okie, I'm glad to hear the job fair went well! :)
Did you see anything that interested you?

soiley
03-13-2010, 09:11 PM
Could someone please tell me what "crack slaw" is? I've seen it in a couple of posts, but I have a lot of trouble with the recipe section, trying to find anything. (I could use some hints on that too.)

jenne1017
03-13-2010, 09:47 PM
here's the recipe Jerie
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/entrees-phase-1/194446-colls-modified-crack-slaw.html

WaistingTime
03-13-2010, 10:37 PM
Hello chicks from my teeny hotel room in Denver. The drive was uneventful. I stayed OP all day but did have more snacks than I do at home, thanks to inactivity, boredom, and sitting with two males eating junk! Tomorrow we have a few more hours then meet our friends at the ski resort. I hope the accommodations there are roomier:) Too bad I can't be on the internet while DH drives.

Ruthxxx
03-14-2010, 07:16 AM
Good morning! I forgot to set the clocks ahead although the dog alarm went off at "5:44". I'm sure that will adjust in time. Right now I'm running a bit behind for 8:30 Church but I'm sure I'm not the only one.

It's pouring rain so it'll be a nice quiet Sunday here at home. I may even work in an afternoon nap - it IS a day of rest! - and Monday and Tuesday are packed.

Have a great Sunday - rain or sun!

litar
03-14-2010, 07:32 AM
I haven't checked in all weekend...so :wave: The weekend here has been CRAZY:dizzy:! My husband and a wonderful family friend started a plumbing project on Friday and this simple shower project turned in re-plumbing most of our house! We just got water back last night around 7:00. My bedroom looks like my closet threw up.....to get to the plumbing they had to "clean" out my closet. Needless to say- I am way behind in laundry and have a ton of stuff to do today. I am proud to report that I handled the chaos well and stayed OP! I was actually down another pound this morning! Hope everyone else has a relaxing Sunday!

cottagebythesea
03-14-2010, 07:49 AM
Good morning!

It's not raining here, but the sun isn't shining, either. So far, no water has seeped into the basement, and we're very relieved about that. :)

Today, we're going out to get more shelving, and there will be more wall & floor scrubbing, but the clean-up is coming along nicely, and we have almost everything moved back downstairs. The fumes from the bleach drove us back upstairs yesterday, so we're going to have to go easier on that, and open some windows while we're working today.

It's nice to hear from you, Karen, and I'm glad you managed to stay OP during your long drive. When I'm on a long road trip, I like to snack on crunchy apples and carrot slices (chips). They take a while to chew, and keep my mouth busy. ;)

CyndiM
03-14-2010, 08:02 AM
Good morning :coffee2: Of course my body does not believe it is almost 8 :eek:
My whole plan for the day is up in the air. I need to go over the mtns to get to NY and the NWS has all sorts of horrible warnings about the weather up there. The VT State Police don't seem to think it's not so bad though. :dizzy: This time of year makes me crazy! I think I'm still going but a bit later than my original plan. I have to remember I have more daylight so more flexibility.

Karen - Nice to hear from you on the road :) I'm a car eater too. I often go through more than a gallon of water on the trip to my Mom's just because I have that urge to do something while driving. Have a great time skiing!

Ruth - Happy napping :)

Lisa - Great job staying on plan with all the chaos. Hope today is calmer.

Cottage - Sounds like you are making the most of the forced renovation. Get lots of fresh air in there today,bleach fumes are no fun.

In other news around here, our toilet started leaking at the base last night. I hate to leave DW to deal with that. Hope the landlord can just caulk it or whatever without bringing the plumber in. Luckily it's a slow leak so manageable though not something I'd recommend.

Okay, off to scan more weather forecasts and road reports. Assuming I get out of here I won't be around much between now and Wed. night. It's all dial-up, slow dial-up at the parents so I rarely get on line. Hope spring continues to settle in where you are

cottagebythesea
03-14-2010, 08:14 AM
Be very careful on your drive over those mountains, Cyndi, and have a safe trip!

WaistingTime
03-14-2010, 08:22 AM
Good morning:) It feels to me like no time change since we crossed into another time zone yesterday. For once, good timing. I am sitting in the hotel lobby alone and even had to get someone to turn on lights for me! DH and DS are sleeping and I just can never sleep late.

Have a great Sunday all.

WaistingTime
03-14-2010, 08:32 AM
Darn. Now 4 people have down up and the big screen tv is blaring annoyingly. There goes my peace and quiet for the day. And they don't even serve breakfast for another half hour!

Heidi58
03-14-2010, 08:35 AM
Good morning! :wave:

Karen, I'm glad to see you arrived safely and managed to stay on plan. Have a great day today. And Lisa, WTG staying on plan yesterday while chaos erupted around you. :) Cyndi, drive carefully today!

Ruth, I changed my clocks but I feel like I'm rushing to get ready for church this morning too.... I think my body mistrusts the clocks. lol

Hello to the rest of you, too. :hug:

Instead of relaxing and reading or watching movies yesterday I did some heavy duty cleaning/reorganizing and decluttering in the bedrooms upstairs. The kids have moved out and Fergie and I started using their rooms as storage rooms and it finally got to me. Fergie is a little pack rat - so this was the perfect time to do this. I was compassionate - he'll never miss the stuff of his that I weeded out. (He never does.) He just can't be around when I'm dragging bags out because he wants to know what's in every bag. :lol:

I've got 3 bags of clothes and things to drop off at the free store on my way to church this morning and a bag of trash/junk to drop off at the transfer station, too. I'm going to see if I can pick up new curtains for our bedroom after church. I love the ones I've got in there but they've been washed so many times now that they're looking pretty limp and faded now.

Hopefully I'll catch a lifetime movie and some snuggle time on the couch with the dog this afternoon. :) Enjoy your Sunday friends!

TwynnB
03-14-2010, 10:21 AM
Good morning chicks!

We arrived safely home yesterday. Thank you Cottage, for remembering us!

Eating - was lots of off plan. I think the difference SBD made though, was lots was still on plan. We took the kids to McDonalds Thursday night, because we were running out of time (had to wake them up at 4:30 am). I couldn't do it. Just couldn't get myself to order that stuff! Often had salads, etc. when in the old days I would've gotten something big and greasy. I'm planning on starting Phase 1 or 1.5 (may have fruits) tomorrow. The house is loaded with veggies!

It was hard seeing my dad though. He had a second devastating stroke, over 3 years ago now. He can barely talk (yes and no is the extent of what you can understand), can't walk. He can eat, and that's the only thing important to him. When he had the second stroke, his blood sugar was well over 500, and it's mostly controlled now by diet alone (although my mom feeds him too much for his inactivity!). I would bet, in retrospect, that he had/has depression as well. It only bolsters my want to eat/live a healthier lifestyle than he did so I don't end in the same spot as he is.

I occasionally read a thread or two while I was gone, but it is good being back!!

tammies00
03-14-2010, 10:22 AM
Morning!!!

Karen enjoy your ski time!!

Heidi New curtains!!!

Anne- Glad to see you in the daily. My hubby is from Iowa. Good luck to your hubby and the interview.

Cyndi Have a safe trip!

Today I am repotting some herbs I bought. I am also going to start some seeds inside for strawberries and tomatoes. I also need to start reading and getting ready for my next set of classes. I also need to menu plan and go to the grocery store. and of course clean house! Guess I have a busy day.

Enjoy your Sunday. It is sunny and pretty here!!!

BellaLucia
03-14-2010, 11:42 AM
I cheated on pizza yesterday and I didn't even enjoy it! That's my last cheat till I lose all my weight and have a cheat day. Sorry about your Dad, Twynn!

me4life
03-14-2010, 11:54 AM
morning, just wanted to introduce myself. i'm hoping to be around alot and for a good long time. i was on sbd last year until i started my new job and it just seemed to go down hill after that. i've been trying to find something to help keep me on track and have ended up back here so i think its time i get my butt in gear and do what i need to do.

anyways, since i was last on i have a new grand daughter and another on the way, bought a house, and have been hired into my new job (finally not a temp). now that i am moved in and everything is mostly at a even flow i think its time i start working on myself.

cottagebythesea
03-14-2010, 01:20 PM
Twynn, I'm happy to know your family had a safe trip. That's sad about your dad, though. My father was in the hospital for a while a little over a year ago, and it was pretty much touch-and-go for a while. He's supposed to be on a strict diet now, but he isn't following it at all and always has excuses. It's a shame, but that is what's keeping me motivated to keep myself healthy. I don't want to end up like him and depend on prescriptions to keep me alive.

me4life, I'm so happy that everything is starting to go well for you! Congratulations on your new granddaughter, and being promoted to a full-time, permanent postion!

:wave: to everyone, and I hope you're all enjoying your Sunday afternoon!

jenne1017
03-14-2010, 01:31 PM
Happy Sunday all. VERY lazy here today again. Have to hop on the Wii Fit at some point and shower ;)

:wave: cottage!

KattC
03-14-2010, 02:05 PM
Hey everyone! I hope all of you are having a great weekend ^_^ I just have to share yesterday's NSV with y'all. I went shopping for some spring clothes, and as of yesterday I have dropped two sizes! I am now a very comfortable, fits perfectly with no muffin-top 6. I don't think I've seen that size since I was 14! I'm even more motivated now to eat OP and stay healthy ^_^

soiley
03-14-2010, 02:30 PM
Morning all! (had to look at the clock to see if it was still morning) It's a beautiful day at my house today - sun shine and blue skies. We don't do daylight saving time in az - who needs longer 110 degree days in the summer time?

Thanks Jenn for the recipe link. Sounds really good. Cabbage only 23 cents a lb right now, and I love cooked cabbage.

Glad all the travelers are having safe trips.

Hope all the east coasters are staying safe with the rain, flooding and high winds they've been reporting this morning. Ever since a big tree in my yard blew down last year (just barely missed the house, literally by inches), wind storms scare me to death.

Heidi - WTG on your "clean up". I've been trying to get the same done at my house - entirely too much "other people's stuff" in here. New curtains is a great way to brighten up a room.

Katt - congratulations on the new size. That is just awesome!

Everyone have a great day.

tomandkara
03-14-2010, 02:48 PM
So today at church fellowship, there were brownies, chocolate cake, chocolate chip cookie bars, sugar cookies, and croissants. Kara ate NOTHING! My pedicure better be FABULOUS on Friday!!!

Kate, what did you end up getting your papa?

Anne, take a step back and realize that you're stuck at 119! Can you imagine what that would have seemed like when you started your weight loss journey? You are maintaining at 119! That's awesome!

Ruth, did you make it to church on time?

Lisa, I'm sorry to hear things exploded around you this weekend! Good job staying on plan!!!
Linda, glad the clean up is going OK!

Cyndi, I hope your trip goes well! Sorry to hear about the leaky toilet.

Karen, I'm sorry your quiet got interrupted!

Heidi, great job on the cleaning out! Enjoy your movie this afternoon!

Tammy, I'm glad you had a safe trip! I'm sorry your dad's condition was hard to see. I bet you guys being there was good for him, though!

Tammie, enjoy your gardening!

Okie, that's the worst feeling - looking forward to something you think is going to taste good and then having it taste awful! We like to make our own pizzas on toasted whole wheat tortillas. Our favorite variety is topped with pizza sauce, artichoke hearts, diced tomatoes, mushrooms, and cheese.

Me4life, welcome to the forum! Congrats on all the big news in your life recently!!!

Jenn, you deserve a lazy day!

Katt, what fun shopping for new clothes in a great new size!

Jerie, if you get a chance, could you send some of that sun my way? Thanks!

Pearlrose
03-14-2010, 02:50 PM
Hello,

It's a rainy Sunday here. We had to run around in order to get to Church on time this morning. I need to work out this afternoon, but first I have to find the motivation. I probably need to start packing since I leave on Tuesday as well.

Me4life glad to see you back and everything is going well for you.

Tywnn sorry to hear about your dad, its things like that, that motivate us to eat healthy.

Hope everyone else has a wonderful day.

jenne1017
03-14-2010, 03:37 PM
Yay Kara :)

Katt :broc: awesome!

I am down another pound. Time to hop on the Wii Fit!