100 lb. Club - Did this place slow down?

View Full Version : Did this place slow down?

Eliana
03-12-2010, 02:12 PM
Is it just me or have the posts slowed down? Is it that post January thing do you suppose?

I'm so grateful to the newbies!! You guys are motivating. The energy level leaps upward when people are just starting. I say a small prayer each time I "meet" a newbie that this is one that will see it through.

duckyyellowfeet
03-12-2010, 02:23 PM
I was thinking the same thing this morning. Not that I'm not equally as guilty for being a little mia (hello new semester)...but I think for most people, its the post-resolution situation.

I'm trying to convince myself that all the newbies are just happily moving forward with their plans...

astrophe
03-12-2010, 02:31 PM
Gosh, I wouldn't even be able to tell you.

I was on here years ago, then disappeared, now I'm back. So I'm sure lots has come and gone since then. ;)

A.

jennyplain
03-12-2010, 02:36 PM
I'm still here! And it totally doesn't count that I did this three years ago, lost, regained and came back in January to start losing again, lol.

Seriously, though, it's going so much better this time around. Having a therapist helps!

BeachBreeze2010
03-12-2010, 02:40 PM
I was thinking the same thing. I sometime try to lurk more because I feel odd responding to absolutely everything. Y'all are stuck with me!

For those of you out there lurking, please dive in!! I love reading new threads even if the ideas are things we've discussed before. Everyone has such a different viewpoint that it makes it interesting.

Eliana
03-12-2010, 02:43 PM
Oh definitely love the different viewpoints even on things that have been discussed before! I'm not sure we could come up with something that hasn't already been discussed. :rofl:

I think the energy of people just starting out is contagious. We need more of it.

Arctic Mama
03-12-2010, 02:51 PM
It kind of ebbs and flows. We tend to get more newbie restarts around the beginning of each month and the middle lulls. It all just depends.

I know I read a lot on here but don't have much to say. My weight loss is continuing, but at a snail's pace with this pregnancy, so I am a boring, uninspiring participant right now :lol:

I'm also thinking about some posters who have dropped off the map for a few months - it worries me when people are silent, that almost always means they're backsliding and it breaks my heart :(

Gourmet Bean
03-12-2010, 02:59 PM
I've only been here since middle of February and I've even noticed there seemed like a lot more activity when I first joined. I know some people I first talked to on here have been MIA and I just had to assume they've fallen off the bandwagon. :( Sad. I wish they'd come back. I know you guys welcome with open arms no matter what the past has done.

Michelle98272
03-12-2010, 03:10 PM
I say a small prayer each time I "meet" a newbie that this is one that will see it through.

That is so sweet of you! I love this place and the genuine warm care that I feel here.:hug:

Beverlyjoy
03-12-2010, 03:26 PM
Yes...it does slow down.

I heard on TV that a large number of folks who start trying to lose weight at the first of the year quit within six weeks. That's usually by Valentine's Day.

That's the truth. Glad we are all still here!

eclipse
03-12-2010, 03:33 PM
I'm still hanging in there!

kuchick
03-12-2010, 03:37 PM
I'm still here. I always read this board because I could conceivably lose 100 pounds, and I'd still be in a healthy weight range, but I don't know if it would be a healthy weight for me, and I can't remember ever being that weight. Anyway, makes me feel like I don't belong on this board, but I do have a significant amount to lose. I refuse to give up though, so y'all are stuck with me, too!

Wizzie
03-12-2010, 03:41 PM
I'm still here. Ok, so I only got here in February, but I'm in it for the long haul. I've been really busy at work and with my son's Cub Scout pack so I don't get to post as much as I'd like.

PeanutsMom704
03-12-2010, 03:43 PM
every now and then, I end up in an old thread - like I'll somehow land on a 2009 chat thread or something. It's a little sad and scary to see how many names are completely unfamiliar, and the people had just a small amount of posts.

Not that they can't be losing weight without participating on 3fc, but I suspect the majority of 3fc drop outs are most likely not still on their weight loss plan.

So it's definitely a wake up call for me. I keep signing up for these different challenges as a way to stay committed to being here down the road!

Gourmet Bean
03-12-2010, 03:49 PM
If it weren't for 3FC I think my chances would be considerably lower for continuing this and actually making myself go to the gym. Even today, when I'm feeling gross and bloated (too much sodium last night I think), I still come post and read. Yes, I may be a up a pound or so, but I remind myself (by looking at my WI threads) of how much I've lost so far. :hug: I love you guys. *tear* Hahaha.

caryesings
03-12-2010, 03:53 PM
I started a new thread just yesterday because it felt like discussions were a bit light.

I'm wondering if activity will pick up again as the weather warms up and people contemplate wearing their more revealing summer clothes.

calluna
I'm still here too - plugging away. Have been a little out of sorts this week and have been trying not to spread too much negative energy. :)

Rythm
I'll be around for a looong time (but hopefully not too long). :)

rockinrobin
03-12-2010, 03:55 PM
I
I say a small prayer each time I "meet" a newbie that this is one that will see it through.

Oh my gosh. I do the same thing. I think, please, please let this be someone who sees it all the way through. Let this person be the one who does it. There is such hope.

WildThings
03-12-2010, 04:14 PM
I spend a lot of time on the board but don't actually post much because I'm using my Blackberry at work and after one response, my thumbs crampy from the little keyboard. I've been here off and on for awhile and it seems to have peaks and lulls. Must be the seasons.

ChrissyBean
03-12-2010, 04:16 PM
I'm still here. I've plateaued again, though, so really have nothing to post. Just trying to stay positive and stay the course. :)

lovemyboy
03-12-2010, 05:02 PM
I'm here.

5factorgirl
03-12-2010, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the prayer :) I need all the help I can get! I love coming on here! It keeps me accountable! :D

Sunrose
03-12-2010, 05:41 PM
I'm still here, too! I've been lurking a lot more these days, again. I guess I am just shy, so even when I start posting, I usually stop soon after. I did break that mini-plateau I had in February where I kept bouncing between 216-218! Woo Hoo! :D

rockinrobin
03-12-2010, 06:07 PM
I'll be around for a looong time (but hopefully not too long). :)

I could be totally off base here, but I take this to mean that you hope you'll meet your goals fairly quickly and then you won't need to be around as much.

For me, now that I'm maintaining, 3FC is just as important as before, if not MORE so. Maintaining my weight loss is of the utmost of importance to me - so in order to ensure that I do maintain, I figure I should pretty much employ the same methods that I used while LOSING the weight. And that definitely includes the 100 lb club and 3FC.

This journey is never over.

s rosa
03-12-2010, 06:10 PM
I'm still here :) I noticed it does seem to have slowed down a bit the past couple weeks, but I'm sure it'll pick up again. I know I lurk WAY more than posting because I'm just starting (or restarting) my weight loss so I don't feel like I have a lot of advice to give.

marigrace
03-12-2010, 06:25 PM
Yes, I have noticed that the traffic around here has slowed a bit. I bet it gets moving again soon. Spring is almost here and I think the new season will bring renewed energy.

Summerblue
03-12-2010, 09:19 PM
I'm Here....I'm Here! and THIS newbie is VERY thankful for all of you!!!!

I can't wait to make it to 20 days - for my ticker and to say ..well...I HAVE BEEN HER FOR 20 DAYS!

I love looking and before/during/after pictures.

roxmysox
03-12-2010, 09:47 PM
I'm here too. Still OP, but very stressed so weight loss has slowed down to a turtle pace. I try to get on and read where I can, but haven't been up to posting much.

astrophe
03-12-2010, 09:58 PM
I can't wait to make it to 20 days - for my ticker and to say ..well...I HAVE BEEN HER FOR 20 DAYS!

That made me grin because I went to actually pay attention to my join date and it reads Jan 2004 when my kid was born.

6 years later and I'm still coping with the baby weight.

LOL.

A.

MamaP
03-12-2010, 10:04 PM
I am here and plan to be here for the long haul. Even after I reach my goal I will still be here. I am so thankful that I found 3FC and I found it at the time in my life that I was ready to make this change. My only problem with 3FC is I have trouble remembering all the threads that I'm posting on or challenges I'm joining - I need to keep a list so I can keep better track and go back and check for updates and/or update. (Four more days and I get my ticker . . . woo hoo)

----------------------------
Kris
Dancing away the pounds
One :dancer: for every 5 lbs. lost
:dancer:

SwimGirl
03-12-2010, 10:37 PM
I am lurking while my H1N1 passes... almost done medication, which means normal foods, and EXERCISE! I don't always feel like I have a lot to contribute because I haven't been super successful.. YET.. thats my story.. excuse while I go back to lurking ;)

-Aimee

rockinrobin
03-12-2010, 10:52 PM
I'm Here....I'm Here! and THIS newbie is VERY thankful for all of you!!!!

I love looking and before/during/after pictures.

You know how some of us say that we pray for the newbies? We think G-d willing will this be the one who toughs it out? Who DECIDES that they are doing it? Who works past that initial discomfort? Who hangs on long enough to make it to the "sweet spot"?

I get a feeling that someone is YOU. Yup, yesiree I do!!

:cheer2::cheer3::cheer2::cheer3::cheer2:

ubergirl
03-12-2010, 11:15 PM
Well, everybody knows I'm still here since I'm such a blabber mouth.

emilydreaming
03-12-2010, 11:21 PM
Ha, ha, ubergirl. We like it that way!

I don't post that often - only a couple times a week - but I'm here every day reading posts and taking it all in.

rockinrobin
03-12-2010, 11:22 PM
Well, everybody knows I'm still here since I'm such a blabber mouth.

And we wouldn't have it any other way!

DCHound
03-12-2010, 11:38 PM
Boy I have totally crapped out on y'all...I have a good excuse though, a big old distraction. He's 6'4 and cute as ****. Cut me some slack. :)

astrophe
03-12-2010, 11:51 PM
DCHound! I remember you! :)

A.

Judy Lynn
03-13-2010, 09:01 AM
I'm definitely still around. I think I've kind of been in winter hibernation.

rockinrobin
03-13-2010, 09:14 AM
DCHound, yeah, name sounds familiar ;).

You are SO missed around here. I always loved having someone around here who tells it like it is!

But apparently you are otherwise occupied. Though I miss your wisdom and straight forward-ness I am THRILLED for you. :)

thistoo
03-13-2010, 09:39 AM
I don't post much when my life is hectic, but I'm always lurking around. Still not making any progress with my weight, but nobody needs to hear that old refrain again, so I'll save it. :D

Asherdoodles87
03-13-2010, 10:19 AM
I am here too. I have been at least lurking around every day since I joined. I might not reply to something every day, but I do tend to log in and read. I am new, but I am not planning on going anywhere. I have been slacking a little bit with my diet. I need a big kick in my rear end to get me going back on track. I have been exercising like I should... just made a couple of bad food decisions.

When I get lonely seems to be my food trigger. I was home alone for hours the other day and that's what did it. It happened a while back when I was alone too. I should have been studying, but I couldn't concentrate.

I am not giving up, though, I am going to learn from it and keep moving forward.

cathydoe
03-13-2010, 11:03 AM
Was there really a BIG New Year Blast here? Here as on 3FC. The way people talked in December I thought we were going to have slow slow slow days. It didn't seem that way to me. I think the slowness is SPRING FEVER. I probably post TOO MUCH! 3FC has been a life saver for me!

catherinef
03-13-2010, 11:21 AM
Still here, mostly just reading at the moment, due to time constraints. I'm very on-plan, but after dumping about 15 pounds in mid-Jan to late-Feb, I'm sort of treading water on the scale. I expect it'll get moving in the right direction again, since I'm working my plan pretty hard.

Jennifer 3FC
03-13-2010, 12:28 PM
Jan and Feb is definitely the big diet rush. I can't remember the exact statistics, but something like 60% of New Years Resolution diets end within 6 weeks. So that's what we're feeling!

Windchime
03-13-2010, 12:37 PM
I'm still here. I've been traveling for work and have going back and forth between Pacific and Central time for the last 5 weeks, which is making me all sleepy and disoriented in the times when I am home! Hopefully it'll die down now a little bit. I haven't weighed for a week but I can feel in my pants waistline that I am not going in the right direction--the place where I have been working in the Midwest has awesome meals (not in a good way!!) and the hotel has only ONE restaurant nearby--not a healthy situation!

But I'm home now and back on track as of today. I bought a new pair of running shoes and my new running bra should be here soon. Spring is here and the time change is tonight, so starting tomorrow there will be daylight after work. The excuses are GONE and it's time to hit the road and start running again!

Summerblue
03-13-2010, 12:58 PM
You know how some of us say that we pray for the newbies? We think G-d willing will this be the one who toughs it out? Who DECIDES that they are doing it? Who works past that initial discomfort? Who hangs on long enough to make it to the "sweet spot"?

I get a feeling that someone is YOU. Yup, yesiree I do!!

:cheer2::cheer3::cheer2::cheer3::cheer2:

;) ahh THANKS you made my DAY!!!!!!!

PeanutsMom704
03-13-2010, 01:12 PM
when does someone qualify as an old timer vs. a newbie? I've been posting since the end of December, which still feels fairly new to me.

But I'm not going anywhere, so be warned! lol!

jennynyc77
03-13-2010, 02:13 PM
I'm new and still here! I tend to be more of a reader than a poster, but I do check out the threads almost every day... I've been struggling right around 250 for a few months now so last week I bit the bullet and hired a personal trainer. We had 2 sessions last week (30 minutes each) and my hamstrings and abs are SORE. Oof. We'll talk about nutrition and a diet plan tomorrow. I told him I'd like to lose about 100 pounds, and he said we should be able to accomplish that this year.

So I'll be around for a while too! :) And hopefully stick around afterward like Robin, encouraging all the newbies like myself.

Angihas2
03-13-2010, 03:44 PM
I'm around, I've started a new job that involved alot of daytime orientation which I had to juggle with midterms and 2 kids. Now, hopefully they've got me on nights completely. It's 3-12 hour shifts, 7p-7a, then school most mornings, nap like mad til the kids get home from school and try to be a good parent. I'n reading as much as I can to stay motivated and focused, I just don't always have time for well thought out reply's.

Gourmet Bean
03-13-2010, 04:13 PM
when does someone qualify as an old timer vs. a newbie? I've been posting since the end of December, which still feels fairly new to me.

But I'm not going anywhere, so be warned! lol!

I'd like to know too. I wouldn't consider you a newbie but I definitely consider myself one since I've only been around for exactly one month (today! :carrot:). Nearly 100 posts and counting...

LuckyJules
03-13-2010, 04:21 PM
I'm still pretty much a newbie, but I'm so thankful for this site. I've learned a lot and had some good reads on here. I really like this community, and I just wish there were more people in my area. I'd really like to meet some new people here that share some similar goals as me and make new friends to talk to outside of the forum.

chicpanda
03-13-2010, 04:25 PM
I here, but I have been hanging out on the 50 + forum where I don't feel like such and old far*. I am doing well, I started exercising this year, and dang it it is working... will wonders never cease. I feel like a newbie still because I have not posted enough for you to get to know me.

Arctic Mama
03-13-2010, 05:45 PM
Huh. I still feel like a newbie except that I've been at this for over a year and on plan pretty much the whole time... I guess I'm an older fart
after all :lol:

anmitche
03-14-2010, 10:38 AM
I lurk alot and post occassionally. Even though I have lost nearly 40 pounds, I feel like a bit of a poser, or that I'm not doing it the "right" way, so I don't feel comfortable posting most of the time.

Also, I haven't lost any more weight since January. I moved an hour and a half away from my hometown, and can't find a good gym up here, and I've tried them all. I go back home most weekends, and work out like crazy on the weekends. I bought p90x yesterday, and plan to start it with a friend on Monday. We'll see if that helps.