South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 03:24 AM   #1  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Default Forum Fest Friday

Ugh I can't sleep for the life of me. I went to bed like a good girl by 11p (my school reading bored me to sleep, literally) and I was up at 3a, with an 11 pound cat sitting on my back, kneading me! Someone thinks she is a dog and likes to wake up her people to be fed at all hours!

So, I thought I'd get the thread started since I can't get back to sleep now (but will, trust me!). It looks to be a horribly rainy weekend here so while I think my homework will keep me busy,I want to get back to World Market - the wine I bought was simply DELISHIOSO so I want to get more before it runs out of stock, with my luck. My other chore is a favorite - go food shopping! I love it and it gets me out of the house.

Oh and I bought the movie Coraline and hope to watch that with DW and nap.

But, that is weekend planning. Today, I plan on working. But, if I can focus a little better I hope to get out of work early! Happy Friday

Last edited by jenne1017; 03-12-2010 at 03:29 AM. Reason: I hate it when my verb tense doesn't = my noun tense. Grrrr
Old 03-12-2010, 03:30 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Jenn

I hope we both manage to get back to sleep. Take care if I don't see you till later.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:38 AM   #3  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Jenn, I'm so sorry about your cat! Our dog always has had to sleep in a different room than us. She snores, loudly, so she gets her own bedroom (AKA the living room ). She's at my parents' now, though, having a blast with their pup. Hope you can get back to sleep!

Debbie, you need to move to Germany. Then you'll keep "regular people hours". LOL

I had an awesome workout this morning! I'm noticing more muscle definition and that makes me very excited. The scale hasn't moved in a couple days, but with the NSVs I've had I am content to wait until the scale catches up to the progress I know I'm making.

Avery was up at 4:30 this morning because she said she had to throw up. She never actually did, but I'm keeping the girls home from school today just in case she's starting with something. She was starving for breakfast and had two bowls of cereal and then a cup of milk, so I'm crossing my fingers that she's OK and it was just a freak dream or something. It wouldn't be a TDY without somebody throwing up all over the place, though. I swear it happens every time!

Kadyn and I are finishing up her homeschool lessons and then she's going to do her violin. I have laundry going and I'm hoping to be able to get on the Wii Fit before Connor gets home from school. We have nothing planned for this afternoon, so it will be nice to relax!
Old 03-12-2010, 03:56 AM   #4  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Kara - snoring? I don't think I mentioned my DW, for the fact that she is 60 pounds lighter than me, snores like a mac truck AND hogs the bed. Grrrr

I hope the kids are a-ok!

Debbie- morning. Or something
Old 03-12-2010, 04:26 AM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

Tom hogs the bed, too, but I give him a little leeway because he *is* a fair amount bigger than me. Luckily, he doesn't snore, though! Dodged a bullet there!!!
Old 03-12-2010, 05:16 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

5 posts before 5 AM?!

Jenn & Debbie - hope you two are sleeping now.
Jenn - We have cat wake ups when we try to sleep in. I blame the vet who put them on canned food and measured dry. Back in the day they just had as much dry food as they wanted so didn't need to wake us up. Now I have one of those vets who likes to point at the fat cat chart to show me where my kitties are

Speaking of vets - hope Twynn is having an awesome vacation

Kara - How is Avery doing? Hope it was just a dream.

Another weird day here. I have a 9 am meeting and an 11:30 visit. The visit is near home so I hadn't planned to go back to the office (too much driving) but I won't be back until mid-day next Thursday so I might need to wrap some things up. I'm not sure why there always seems to be so much to do before going away for 3 days, both at work and at home.

I'm going to spend some alone time with my coffee now Hope your Friday is a smooth ride into the weekend!
Old 03-12-2010, 05:26 AM   #7  
Visualizing the Goal

Avery is running around in a skirt and short sleeved shirt with a blanket around her shoulders like a cape. She and Kadyn are playing ballet class. (I don't know how the cape fits in there, but she's three...) I'm thinking she's fine. Thanks for asking!

Good luck with your meeting and visit today, Cyndi. I hope you can finish everything up before you leave the office so you don't have to go back. Have a great trip to your parents'!

Last edited by tomandkara; 03-12-2010 at 05:26 AM.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:09 AM   #8  
Be happy.

Good morning!

I'm glad Avery's feeling perky now, I'd like to be a fly on the wall in that ballet class. And I hope our resident night owls were able to get a little more sleep before starting their Friday for real.

Cyndi, I hope you're able to get all those details wrapped up.

A month or so ago I picked up a few cute short sleeved scoop neck tops in size medium at Marden's (a salvage store) for $2 each. They're really cute but a little bit tighter than my other mediums so I've had to wait to wear them. I tried them on last night and they're good to go now so I'm wearing my favorite - a yellow top with tiny pink dots. It's making me feel cheerful on this dreary, gray morning but I'm not sure if it's the colors or the fact that it fits that's got me grinning.

I'm so glad it's Friday! I've had a great week, but a really busy one. Last night I laid down on the bed 'for a minute' after I finished my wii workout and fell asleep. It will feel so good waking up tomorrow knowing that I don't have to go ANYWHERE if I don't want to. It's supposed to be a dreary day - just right for hanging around the house getting caught up on laundry and odds and ends and maybe watching a movie....

Enjoy your Friday friends!

Last edited by Heidi58; 03-12-2010 at 06:10 AM.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:10 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Shhhhhhh - some chicks are sleeping! I need coffee.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:16 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Jenne, I hope you managed some sleep before you have to get up for work! Jake is a loud snorer and a bed hog, too, and I've spent many a night clinging to the edge of the bed and poking him to scoot over. He just rolls over, gets comfy, and starts snoring again.

Deb, I hope you're still sleeping for now!

Kara, I'm glad Avery seems to be fine. There's a stomach virus going on around here, but so far we've all managed to dodge it, thank goodness! Congrats on your NSVs, and I had a chuckle over your slip on jeans one, yesterday. LOL!

Cyndi, enjoy your coffee. I have a big mug in front of me, but I'm sure you know that.

We're in for a N'Easter this weekend, but it's all rain. It will be interesting to see what happens in our basement during it all. I was planning to spend the weekend at Monica's, especially since Carley and her Irish dancing school are supposed to be in the St. Patrick's Day Parade on Sunday. But now that it's supposed to rain all weekend, I wonder if the parade will be cancelled? Anyway, I decided I'd better just stay home.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:29 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 173/136/125

Height: 4"11'

Not feeling so perky today. I have a cold or allergies or something. Oh well. No time for personals right now, just saying hi and wishing everyone a great Friday. I'm just looking forward to a nap when I come home from school.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:36 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Oy! I have coffee and the dogs are outside exploring spring. We have one largish puddle out there but no big flood as we had last year. I'm crossing my fingers and boobs that it stays that way!

Jenne, Kara and Debie, with you three around, joined by Okie sometimes, we should start a nightly thread.

Cyndi, Cottage and Heidi, it's nice to see come "normal" folks. (Note the quotes!)

Maryjaneld, I hope you feel better soon and manage a nap today.

Did a big shop yesterday after my haircut and actually bought some clothes. I wish I could say they were a smaller size but can't. I managed to hit a great sale and got three long sleeved shirts, a couple of t-shirts, two crops and some earrings for well under $100. I also have a 40% off coupon for next month. (I also managed a trip to the darned Chinese Buffet but am not changing my ticker this morning.)

It's an "at home" day today with odds and ends to do around here. I have the lamb cooked and ready for a lamb/mushroom/rice pilaf which will be supper tonight with a salad. I am starting to build up my stash of freezer meals for garden marathon days.

I hope your Friday is a good one - and if not, I hope it's soon over because it's going to be the WEEKEND!
Old 03-12-2010, 06:37 AM   #13  
Visualizing the Goal

Heidi, yay on the tops! I'm sure you look fantastic!

Ruth, enjoy your coffee! Tom got me a daily calendar for Christmas and it's made by Joy of Cooking. Yesterday's page was about how to flavor your coffee. The only one I remember is adding a cinnamon stick to the grounds. There was something about anise stars and another about cloves and something about citrus peel, too. I'll have to look it up and post it for you!

Linda, I would hope the parade would be canceled for the rain. I would not want to march or watch a parade in the rain!

Lauren, hope you're feeling better soon!
Old 03-12-2010, 06:38 AM   #14  

Height: 5'8"

Hi all,
I hopped on the scale this morning and I am back down to my lowest weight since starting SB - 160.8 - so that at least is good news. My cold is still hanging on, but I feel I'm slowly outwitting it. We're also due for heavy rain, and I'm just hoping my flight is not delayed.

Heidi, don't you love when that happens?? I am close to being able to wear a pair of pants I bought last summer which are so cute but didn't fit (I didn't try them on when I bought them). Now, all my regular clothes are fitting properly, but I'm looking forward to when they are just a little too big so I can buy new ones! And, summer is coming...I'll be wearing a bathing suit in Florida and hoping it looks better than it did last year.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:44 AM   #15  

Wow...all of you are up bright and early...or for a few dark and late LOL! I'm so glad it's Friday. We have a casual day today and for some reason that makes getting ready for work so easy! My scale is not moving like I would like but I am sticking to the plan and I have had some NSV's....I'm back into a pair of pants that were too small before and people at work are beginning to notice that I am losing. I am trying a new strategy this coming week with meal planning...I have printed out a few SB recipes and I'm having my boys (all of them even the really big one...) pick out what they would like for dinner. I am hoping this will help us all eat together. Lately we have eaten in shifts and the boys are not loving what I am making so I am giving them some input. It just costs too much to feed us all so differently!
Hope you all have a wonderful Friday and weekend!
Closed Thread