Old 03-11-2010, 09:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 140/132/110

Height: 5'3

Default Getting off track, please help

I've gone awful with my eating habits. I went two weeks with very little sugar or salt, drinking lots of water, and keeping my calorie intake for the most part at 1500. But I started seeing a gain on the scale, after a little loss, and I got so discouraged. I know my reaction to just stop eating well was stupid, but I'm paranoid that I'm going to become an absolute trainwreck.

I have still been going to the gym every other day, doing at least a half hour of cardio and strength training, but this terrible food and no water is killing me... I've already gained four pounds again.
SeventeenTheStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 176/133.4/135

Height: 5'4"

Don't give up, you can do it! Keeping up the exercise is great! As to the salt/sugar- Did you give up salt/sugar too dramatically? Could you perhaps use low-fat popcorn or low-fat string cheese for your salt needs (or pickles...I love those when I want salt). I'm not one to give advice as I just got back on the diet/exercise wagon but I don't believe in cutting something completely out of your diet just substituting the bad foods full of salt/sugar with low-fat versions with some salt/sugar so you don't feel deprived.

With water, what I did was get a large water bottle (one that will hold 4 glasses of water)...somehow (like food when it is in front of me) it magically disappears before I know it and I'm off to refill it at least once more. Just some thoughts.
asweetchicagogirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:00 PM   #3  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Hey, maybe those 4 lbs are just water retention since you're still working out and not drinking water - and especially because your salt has gone up.

Also, I find that I don't drink enough water if my water bottle doesn't have a straw. I sit with my head in my hand at work a lot, so if it has a straw I just kind of place it under my mouth and before I know - I've drank a liter of water. Its very psychological, but it works!
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:26 AM   #4  
Workin' on it...

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

DON'T GIVE UP! Each day, our weight can fluctuate up to 3 lbs from changes in water and such. Just because you see a change in the scale, doesn't mean that you are doing horribly wrong. Plus, today is a new day. So maybe last night you went crazy and ate anything you could get your hands on, today you'll do better and put it past you.

It sounds as though you're doing great with a workout routine!

I agree with the others about cutting things too drastically. Maybe taking some time to really look at the things that you enjoy eating would help. Don't deprive yourself, or you'll be tempted to "cheat".

If you really enjoy something that is higher in calories, or salt, or sugar, don't cut it out completely. Just have less of it, so adjust the rest of your intake for the day accordingly. I am starting to really see that true weight loss mean a lifestyle change, not just doing this or that for a time. The key appears to be finding a way to manage our eating and exercise in a fashion that we can really LIVE with. Torturing yourself and panicing is no way to live, girl!
MisplacedMyHailo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 06:29 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 176/135/115

Height: 5'3

I'm kind of where you are seventeen, I've been eating well but I'm not seeing results fast enough for my liking, and its really frustrating. hang in there!!!
polka23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 06:54 PM   #6  
cass

S/C/G: 167/ticker/90

Height: 5'2

dont give up silly! look how close you are to your goal!

have you tried measuring yourself as well? i've found that while my weight is the same as it was a month ago, minus a couple of pounds my measurements are NOT... which is always encouraging
IcassiopeiaI is offline   Reply With Quote