Pudgy Pets - Check Out This Dog Carrier

View Full Version : Check Out This Dog Carrier

EZMONEY
03-11-2010, 11:21 AM
Check this out ~ from June 1936 Popular Mechanics Magazine

Another "what were you thinking" Moment :D

bargoo
03-11-2010, 11:25 AM
I see by the car that this was sometime ago, years ago. No intelligent person would subject their dog to this. I don't even like to see dogs riding in the back of pickups.Gary, are you off work today ? Seems like you have too much time on your hands

mrsmoore
03-11-2010, 11:46 AM
Wow, the things they came up with. I don't know if too many people put their dog threw that, even then. I would keep my dog in the car, if I had one. Very interesting though!

bargoo
03-11-2010, 12:01 PM
My dog rides inside the car, on my lap, where he is supposed to be.

Amy8888
03-11-2010, 01:10 PM
I don't know, that seems like something most dogs would love! Why do you think they stick their heads out of car windows--to feel the cool rush of air all over their bodies! (Not my dog, of course. She cowers in fear whenever she's in a car). And it prevents dog fur from getting all over your upholstery. :)

AbbySinthe
03-11-2010, 01:20 PM
Ah, the good old days, back when cigarettes were the answer to everything ;)
http://consumerist.com/assets_c/2009/11/fordigestionssake-thumb-645x842-34123.jpg

EZMONEY
03-11-2010, 07:49 PM
omg...looks like the Thanksgiving dinners I grew up with....

mom and dad....aunts and uncles...

dish up a little....smoke one....a little more food...smoke one...

angelskeep
03-11-2010, 08:42 PM
Looks like the dinners I had up until a year and a half ago. Maybe they smoked the dog from the car carier and ate it whilw they smoked their Camels ;-)

Barb
p.s. Buster and Claudia do NOT want to go for a ride in THAT!

HokieLoki
03-11-2010, 09:35 PM
I don't know, that seems like something most dogs would love! Why do you think they stick their heads out of car windows--to feel the cool rush of air all over their bodies! (Not my dog, of course. She cowers in fear whenever she's in a car). And it prevents dog fur from getting all over your upholstery. :)

I don't think it's a matter of whether the dog would like it or not, it would be dangerous for a dog to ride like that.

and if a person is that worried about getting dog hair on their upholstery, don't get a dog. They shed, period. (even the breeds that claim not to shed, do. Just less.)

Amy8888
03-15-2010, 12:12 PM
I don't think it's a matter of whether the dog would like it or not, it would be dangerous for a dog to ride like that.

and if a person is that worried about getting dog hair on their upholstery, don't get a dog. They shed, period. (even the breeds that claim not to shed, do. Just less.)

Yes, I was being facetious.

Heidi58
03-15-2010, 12:23 PM
:D I think that invention is right up there with the "car seats" they used to put toddlers in when I was growing up - a vinyl seat and a plastic 'steering wheel' attached to a flimsy aluminum frame that hooked over the back of the car's front seat.

I can't tell you how many times my sister and I knocked down the baby's seat (baby and all) climbing over the seat to swtich places during a ride. :o My mom knew how to keep things fair. When we were halfway to our destination or half way home she'd say, "OK girls, switch places now." :dizzy:
My dog rides inside the car, on my lap, where he is supposed to be.

LOL :D

HokieLoki
03-15-2010, 06:36 PM
Yes, I was being facetious.

oops! I am sorry!

Usually I'm really good with sarcasm, it's one of my favorite tones. Sometimes I can't always translate it through text.

rebeccamichelle777
03-19-2010, 05:31 AM
Oh man! What in the world! That poor dog!!! LOL

rebeccamichelle777
03-19-2010, 05:35 AM
I love that old camel ad. "For the sake of digestion smoke a Camel" ?! LOL

What the heck!