Old 03-11-2010, 07:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 192/151/145

Height: 5'4

Default Duration of Plateaus?

How long do plateaus typically last? Oh, I should clarify... the plateaus that occur when you've lost a significant amount of weight (30+ lbs)...

Yeah, just when I was getting all excited about starting stabilization this month, I've hit a plateau, as my weight has not gone down at all this week and only went down a lb last week. And I've tried all of the tricks (i.e. eliminating cheese, max HNS, increased exercise...)

Just curious about how long plateaus last...
librariandiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 219.5/see ticker/168

Height: 5'7"

Mine have only lasted a week or two (like you stated a small lose one week - .5 to 1 lb - then nothing...usually the next week for me is a 3-4 lb loss...but that's just my experience.
leigh34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:35 PM   #3  

I've had plateaus up to 3 weeks, but I won't do anything to help break it, I just want my body to catch up and it always does -- just not as fast as many would like. But if you want to take some measures that may help, many people suggest upping your water, cutting out cheese and creamies and they say it helps.

For me personally, depriving myself just makes me want to binge, so I just try to stay steady with the plan and eat the things I enjoy that are on program.
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 01:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 219.5/see ticker/168

Height: 5'7"

dkmd7,

I agree with that whole heartedly. I know the last 2 weeks I reached a plateau and had asked for tips on breaking it and received all the suggestions. I know limiting creamies is always there, but that is my one true reward for making it through the day OP and denying myself of that reward would only make me want to cheat even bigger. I broke through this last WI and dropped 3 lbs! It is always worth the wait more than going off plan to me. Just my opinion...
leigh34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 06:58 PM   #5  

I hit one at around 25 lbs. It last 2 LONG weeks. I busted through it somehow. I changed up my exercise routine, started maxing my HNS and cranked up the water.

I'm in one again at around 60 lbs lost. I'm doing the same things and hopefully on Saturday I bust through it.

Good luck!
NotaFatBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:17 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Height: 5'2"

I've been stuck at the same weight for over a week. Last week I lost 3 lbs, but since then, NOTHING.. actually gone up a couple of lbs, then down, then up, then down.. I've been 100% on program. Even resisted cookies.. Have not eaten out.. I'm starting to get frustrated. I know eventually if you stick to the program it will crack, but it's driving me crazy. UUUUGGGGGHHHHH....
MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:29 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmd27 View Post
I've had plateaus up to 3 weeks, but I won't do anything to help break it, I just want my body to catch up and it always does -- just not as fast as many would like. But if you want to take some measures that may help, many people suggest upping your water, cutting out cheese and creamies and they say it helps.

For me personally, depriving myself just makes me want to binge, so I just try to stay steady with the plan and eat the things I enjoy that are on program.
Yeah, when I deprive myself, I binge too. I did cut my cheese out this past week, but my counselor said not to. She basically suggested the same thing that you said-- let my body adjust. And I agree wholeheartedly.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:34 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh34 View Post
dkmd7,

I agree with that whole heartedly. I know the last 2 weeks I reached a plateau and had asked for tips on breaking it and received all the suggestions. I know limiting creamies is always there, but that is my one true reward for making it through the day OP and denying myself of that reward would only make me want to cheat even bigger. I broke through this last WI and dropped 3 lbs! It is always worth the wait more than going off plan to me. Just my opinion...
Yeah, I'm with you too...I'm just going to let my body break my plateau on its own. And my creamies are my only indulgence, so for me to let go of creamies will cause me to go off plan.

Yesterday I WI and I was down a pound on the Tanita, but on my scale I was the same. This morning I was down a pound on my scale FINALLY! So I'll see what happens this week.

THANK YOU GUYS for your support!