South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 05:41 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thursday Thoughts

Well, this is to be our last sunny day for a bit but it's sure been a run. The weather gurus are predicting and early Spring - I'm in heaven!

This morning I'm off to town for a haircut. Danny will probably yell "Call 911!" when I go into the salon because I'm nearly as shaggy as Jazz. After that I'll take a cruise through the shops to see if I can find something for Florida. A long-sleeved cotton shirt would be nice. Of course, I could also just dig out my summer clothes and select from there but I feel the need for something perky.

So how is life treating you today?
Old 03-11-2010, 05:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Top 'o the mornin' to you, Ruth! We may catch a glimpse of the sun this morning, but rain is moving in for the next few days, and lots of it. Spring is coming, though, since it's not snow! You should be able to find some nice, summery clothes in the stores right now, so have a good time shopping!

I have the morning off since Thursdays are my late night at Cindy's. It seems that I've worked late every day this week, though. Jake has the day off today, so I may give him a hand in the basement. Ew. But the dumpster is being picked up tomorrow, and we want to make sure we as much destruction stuff in it that we can. It's coming along, but the basement sure looks sad, being stripped down to the bare bones again. We're not sure what we're going to do with it for now, as we're afraid of a repeat if we go ahead and refinish it again.

So what's on everyone's agenda for today?
Old 03-11-2010, 05:53 AM   #3  
Be happy.

Good morning Ruth, I love your new avatar.

Enjoy your trip to town and good luck with your shopping. I hope you find just the right perky outfit. How soon do you head to Florida?

The dog and I are enjoying a quiet house. I miss Ferg but I don't miss having the television on all the time. lol I had the radio on low last night while I worked on lesson plans and this morning all I hear are birds and the occasional log truck. I've got one more busy day before my week winds down. Good News Club after school today and then a committee meeting at the church after that. I enjoy both of those things but I feel like I've been running all week. I'm looking forward to a slow paced weekend.

Enjoy your Thursday friends!

ETA: Hi Linda, I guess I shouldn't be whining about my busy week - yours has been just as busy and now you're going to be working at home on your morning off! It made me sad to read that you might not redo your finished basement. I understand your thinking but I'm sure you'll miss having the room after using it all these years. Good luck getting that dumpster filled this morning.

Last edited by Heidi58; 03-11-2010 at 05:59 AM.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:06 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning early Chicks It's Thursday, the sun will be out and there should be a lull in the bad news.

Ruth - My lawn is clearing out too. I'm itching to start my tomato seeds but my local garden expert is encouraging patience. Hope you find the perfect light new top for your trip.

Cottage - Hope you've been able to enjoy the sunshine in the mornings.

Heidi - Hope your busy day passes without a hitch.

I'm off to do a visit this morning than WFH this afternoon so I can watch a basketball game (yes, I am that crazy). I'm also going to try another baking experiment. I bought a new sweetener to try, along the lines of agave. It's not SBD approved but is low glycemic and sustainable which makes us happy. I'll post more about it later with the appropriate qualifiers

Sunday I'm heading to my parents again, finally. I know my Mom really needs to have some fun so am glad the weather is allowing me to travel. She has subbed a little so that helps but being home with my Dad all the time wears on her. Apparently he behaves better and complains less when I'm around too

Hope there are lots of signs of spring where you are today
Old 03-11-2010, 06:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/136/125

Height: 4"11'

morning
I'm happy to be back online. I was without internet for about 24 hours due to some down power line or something. It's amazing how dependent one can become.
Hi Ruth, i'm sure you'll get a lovely new "do"

Cottage, enjoy your morning off, even if it is working in the basement.

Heidi, I'm with you on needing a slow paced weekend. I wouldn't even mind a lazy one

Cyndi, oooh, a new recipe, I can't wait to hear all about it. You're very good at tinkering with ingredients.

As for me, I'm glad it's Thursday. 3 weeks til my cruise and I really have to push th exercise up a notch and make sure the eating's south beach kosher. I'm making a little biggest loser competition with my self.

The other day's roommate talk did not go as I had hoped. I'm just too nice, it's a curse. So i'm the accomodating one. Oh well. No harm done.

Have a good day everyone
Old 03-11-2010, 06:27 AM   #6  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Good morning, Ruth! I hope you find the perfect outfit on your shopping trip, and enjoy getting your hair done!

Linda, good luck getting the last of the big stuff out of the basement! I hope you can figure out something that will work for redoing it!

Heidi, I hope your busy days are hassle-free! Enjoy your quiet weekend coming up!

Cyndi, have a wonderful time watching the basketball game! I can't wait to hear about your baking experiment!

Lauren, where are you cruising to? I've always wanted to take a cruise but it's just never been in the cards for us.

I am a bit poopered today. Tuesdays and Wednesdays are so busy for us, and once Thursday rolls around I'm always a bit drained. It's especially difficult when I have to take the kids everywhere with me but luckily we only have next week and then Tom gets home that Saturday. I got to talk to him on the phone today, which was nice. He's doing well but isn't having as much fun as he thought he would. That'll teach him to volunteer to go away!

I got the kitchen, living room, and dining room cleaned early today so I had time to Wii Fit this morning after I took the girls to school. I had to run around for batteries before I could start because there weren't any in any of the remotes we have! I think Connor's been stealing them for his toys... Today is violin lesson for Connor and then martial arts. I'm hoping to be able to run to the BX for something and hit the post office as well. We shall see.

Last edited by tomandkara; 03-11-2010 at 06:28 AM.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:33 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/136/125

Height: 4"11'

Hey Kara, morning. I'm going on a short cruise (4 nights) and stopping in Cozumel, Mexico. It's my 3rd cruise, but haven't gone on one in 5 years. I highly reccommend them. There's lots for kids to do as well. Glad there's only one more week before Tom gets home

Have fun cleaning.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:37 AM   #8  

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone! I'm a bit draggy this morning. I took an allergy pill last night before bed (to dry up the congestion in my ears - long story but sometimes if I don't when I have a cold I get water on the ear and I DO NOT want to fly with that) but it made me have wierd dreams and though I slept 9 hours it was truly difficult to get up. Then I had to wait 15 extra minutes for coffee b/c you are not allowed to drink anything for 15 mins. after you take a Zicam pill! grrrrrr

Anyway, I'm feeling much better this morning so something seems to be helping. My regimen has been (feel free to scroll down if this does not interest you): 1 packet of Emergen-C with one clove of garlic in the am and pm, and zicam pills every three hours as instructed on the jar. The Emergen-C has some sugar and I have found that it is a trigger for me, but I have been aware and monitoring it and have not succombed to any cravings from it. I am also not taking any decongestants this time around. I think I may be addicted to Advil cold and sinus. I have been taking something called Sinutab, which is a homeopathic, or herbal, preparation with oil of eucalyptus and I find it really helps.

Enough about my cold. We have a storm moving in and I'm just hoping it doesn't delay our flight on Saturday! I just want to land in Florida already.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:02 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Feel better MMC! I'm still tired although I got 7hrs sleep but I'm feeling more awake now.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:22 AM   #10  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

OH MY WORD! I just got a shower and swear my belly is getting flatter! FINALLY!!! I am doing a happy dance!

Lauren, is Cozumel where the Mayan ruins are? I would like to see them some day. I am a travel junkie.

Mmckellen, I'm glad you're feeling better! Zinc is supposed to boost your immune system, and I know garlic can help fight infection. I actually kicked a mastitis infection with garlic once. I think I was swallowing about a bulb a day! But it worked.

Okie, I just cannot wait for Monday and your weigh in. I am so excited for you!
Old 03-11-2010, 07:26 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning Ruth. An early spring sounds good to me. As does a new perky top.

Linda - What did you use your basement for before? Our carpet is getting put back in our office today so maybe my own water problems are over.

Heidi - I can relate! When my DH started staying home 4 years ago I sooo missed the quiet. I even started driving with no radio on just to appreciate the silence for part of the day.

Cyndi - My DH and son are heading to a game today... KU! They got free tickets and are bringing a few friends for DS. Poor DH could not find any guys who could take off work to go with him!

MJ - I agree - internet, cell phones. All the stuff we grew up without and did just fine.

Kara - The nicest part about being apart is homecomings Woo hoo! That is the area I would most like to change on myself.

Mmc - Have you ever tried zinc lozenges? I heard they actually have science that says they help with cold duration.

Okie - I am glad to hear you got those 7 hours; I worry that you don't sleep enough

Seems like I have so many little things still to do before we leave town on Saturday. Including figuring out some restaurants ahead of time for a few of the meals. DS is off school now so that will make it easier to get him packed. Errands to run, exercise to be done. And the scale is creeping the wrong way... but I am doing everything right so I just hanging in there and plugging along. Trying not to worry about gaining on vacation.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:28 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I slept long and well last night, too, Okie.
Mmc, I always use Emergenc-C when I'm feeling sickie-maybe the warm weather will be it's final straw.
Lauren, I love Cozumel!
Kara, maybe you can get to bed early-I see you got through your carb-crave!I see you're being rewarded for your hard work.
Cyndi, thanks for posting your cake recipe. I've been experimenting with it, too.
Heidi, how long will Fergie be gone?
Cottage, I like when we start getting rain instead of snow. Everything really greens up.
Ruth, I'm the one with worse hair than you right now. Fortunately, I can wear a hat most everywhere.

Have a great day, and to everyone stopping by later.

I'm going to the super clean pool, then going skiing this afternoon. It's been great having a ski buddy! Our CSA dinner was fantabulous, and I need to do something with all this basil*reminded* I just pulled the olive oil out of the fridge for a BIG batch of pesto.

See ya'll later. I've been having good feeling-OP days and I'm really glad Spring is just around the corner!
Old 03-11-2010, 08:22 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 270/230/165

Height: 5'9"

Morning all,

I have an early meeting so I don't have time to say much. Found out yesterday I might be getting a raise/promotion over the summer, so I'm trying to be the best worker bee I can in hopes of encouraging that along, haha. We didn't get raises last year but if I get a significant one this year then I can move out of mom & dad's house (YAY).
Old 03-11-2010, 08:58 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaistingTime View Post

Linda - What did you use your basement for before? Our carpet is getting put back in our office today so maybe my own water problems are over.
Karen, our basement had been completely finished as a family room with a fireplace, and a raised floor with insulation under it. It's very sad to go down there now and see the concrete floor and cinderblock walls.
I'm glad your water problems are over, and hope ours are mostly behind us, too.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:02 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Good luck with the raise JennyP!
Closed Thread