100 lb. Club - Everyone who has lost 100 pounds

View Full Version : Everyone who has lost 100 pounds

Jessica88
03-10-2010, 06:06 PM
I am just curious as to how long it has taken you to lose 100 pounds?

I am so close to getting there it just seems like it is taking forever for the last 10 pounds!

Forgotten Quill
03-10-2010, 06:14 PM
Greetings!

I started in April 2009 and crossed the 100-pound mark right around mid-December...so about 8 months or so.

I'm also in the final stretch of my weight loss, and I don't want to jinx it, but I haven't had too many obstacles so far.

All the best.

ncuneo
03-10-2010, 06:17 PM
Still not there, but I had a baby mid way :) Try tweaking your plan. I plateau'd at about 80 lbs did some tweaking and we're back on track. I hope to hit the 100 in the next month 4 lbs aways!

Gracie789
03-10-2010, 06:21 PM
I'm still losing, but it took about 8 months to lose the first 100 lbs. :)

Shmead
03-10-2010, 06:40 PM
If I get there at the end of March--and I hope to--it will have taken me 9 months.

TJFitnessDiva
03-10-2010, 06:52 PM
It took about 10 months for me *but* the closer you get to goal it gets a bit harder to lose (at least for me!) so just keep doing what you are doing, you'll be there before you know it! :)

LisaD219
03-10-2010, 08:00 PM
I keep sabotaging myself because I have about 100 lbs to lose and I think it will NEVER happen, but it sounds like you all lost it FAST! How did you do it????? :hug:

I just need some support... I am at a very low point.

Brit
03-10-2010, 10:08 PM
8-10 months? wow yall lost it fast! itll take me about a 12-14 months..coming up soon!

TJFitnessDiva
03-10-2010, 11:31 PM
Everyone loses at their own rate so just because it's taken some to lose 100lbs in under 10 months and if it's taken you longer, no worries! It's your own path that you have to travel & if you get frustrated because of comparing yourself to others just take a step back and remember *why* you are doing this :)

CLCSC145
03-11-2010, 12:18 AM
It took me 7 months to lose the first 100. Crazy to think about that. But it's slowed a lot - 4 months to lose the next 30. That's the nutty thing about having a ton to lose! So don't go by anyone else's timing. Just do your best and be proud of what you accomplish however long it takes.

momof5k
03-11-2010, 01:32 AM
I lost the first 90 in eight months...then it took 2 more months to make it to 100.

In the almost 2 months since then, I haven't even lost 10 :( I am less than 15 pounds away from my goal and the numbers on the scale are now moving painfully S L O W .

Every pound you lose, you are one step closer though and setting mini goals and giving yourself mini rewards as you go is really important.

Good luck!

rockinrobin
03-11-2010, 07:25 AM
I keep sabotaging myself because I have about 100 lbs to lose and I think it will NEVER happen, but it sounds like you all lost it FAST! How did you do it????? :hug:

I lost my first 100 lbs in just under 6 months. But being 287 lbs at a mere 5 feet tall, I had a whopping BMI of 56, so I started out VERY overweight and therefore it was somewhat "easier" to create a calorie deficit.

How did I do it so "fast"? Well I can tell you that I certainly didn't sabotage myself ;) - THAT certainly wouldn't get if off in a timely fashion . So therefore the most important thing is - Consistency. Consistency. and more Consistency. No "cheat" days/meals. Not for birthdays, holidays, social functions, stress, celebrations, boredom, weekends, etc... I STUCK with my VERY sensible HEALTHY eating plan day after day, week after week, month after month. I also added in exercise.

Losing weight and lots of it IS a doable thing for every one and any one. And if it's "speedy" results you're after - then you must be CONSISTENT.

The most important thing is to NOT stop - to keep on continuing. You do that and you WILL get to your goals - whenever.

Read my signatures, it'll give you a little insight into my way of "thinking".

Rainbow
03-11-2010, 08:15 AM
It took me from 1st June 08 until 24th October 09 to lose 100lb. It didn't actually take me about 16 months though...I broke my ankle at the end of August 08 and didn't restart weight loss (though did try and maintain) until near the end of March 09 so I guess it took me about 9-10 months of being on plan. My starting weight was much 308lb though and I'm shorter than you. As you get near to goal you generally lose more slowly.

It might give you a better idea that before I restarted nearly a year ago (about 25th March) I was 273lb and now 180lb so nealry 100lb gone in one yea (but again about a total of 7 weeks weren't completely on plan due to holidays and last month I didn't exercise).

Weight loss isn't a race and it doesn't matter if it takes you more time than it takes someone else. If you want to get there more quickly it means being mroe dedicated (normally, though sometimes our bodies just don't agree to lose weight at the speed we think they should). Keep going and you will get there soon.

Eliana
03-11-2010, 08:54 AM
I'm fully expecting mine to take a full year but for me but a 100 lb loss puts me about 10 pounds into the normal category according to the BMI. I could potentially lose 120 lbs and still be ok, but I couldn't reasonably go lower than that, I don't think.

I made out a chart of what weights I'll be on each of my monthly anniversaries planning on a 7 lb per month goal. I'm already behind. LOL! But if I catch up to my own goals, I'll be two pounds shy of 100 lbs on my one year anniversary. But I don't care. I don't like time oriented goals. It was just for my amusement that I made out those little guidelines.

jay41
03-11-2010, 09:50 AM
Took me about 14 months on plan to lose 100 pounds. I used to sabotage myself...and it took awhile to figure out what works for me.

You will get there when you get there. This is not a race for me -- I just wanted my life and my health. I saw benefits in both those areas way before I got the 100 pounds off.

matt_H
03-11-2010, 10:08 AM
I was very very big, so the first 100 dropped out pretty quickly. I think it was about 9 months or so. I dropped like 20 pounds the first month and 15 the next. It definitely slows down the closer you get.

nelie
03-11-2010, 10:18 AM
Everyone has their own time schedule :)

I lost 75 lbs in my first 3 months... then I sat there for 18 months until I lost an additional 30ish pounds, then sat there for about 6 months, then lost about 60 lbs after that in about 6 months and then I've been basically there for about 2 years.

losermom
03-11-2010, 10:26 AM
Everyone has their own time schedule :)

I lost 75 lbs in my first 3 months... then I sat there for 18 months until I lost an additional 30ish pounds, then sat there for about 6 months, then lost about 60 lbs after that in about 6 months and then I've been basically there for about 2 years.

Like Nelie, I did my weight loss in 2 big spurts. I initially lost about 50-65 lbs 11 years ago. I maintained there for 10 YEARS! After regaining about 15 lbs I finished off the job. So I guess you could say that I lost the total 115 lbs over 12 years! I'm no speed demon on this weight loss thing!

Tai
03-11-2010, 11:26 AM
It took me 14 months to lose 100 lbs. I don't know why it was so slow; I stayed on plan every single day, drank my water, exercised. It really is different for each person.

I knew once I reached my goal it would no longer matter to me how quickly it happened; only that it did happen!

PeanutsMom704
03-11-2010, 11:29 AM
I knew once I reached my goal it would no longer matter to me how quickly it happened; only that it did happen!

This is the thing that I keep trying to remember. I'm definitely going slower than some people, but I know that I just need to keep going, and I'll get there when I get there.

calluna
03-11-2010, 11:41 AM
Me, too, even though sometimes it is hard not to be impatient. It is also hard sometimes that loss is not entirely predictable even if your behavior is.

saef
03-12-2010, 11:53 AM
I'm one of those who lost by making a lifestyle change.

I began exercising for at least an hour every day.

I did not count calories, weigh or measure -- I continued to eyeball portions but was mindful of making them more reasonable. I eliminated sugar and white flour from my diet, reduced grains in general (though I do still eat them, but in more limited quantities), increased lean protein, began eating large amounts of vegetables (typically two to three at dinner, for instance), started cooking with olive oil, began doing lots of home cooking, at least four or five times a week, and eating leftovers from those cooking sessions when I got home late.

I also gave up eating all kinds of foods forever. There isn't room on this page to list things that I will no longer eat, but a quick tour of the candy aisle, the freezer secton & the snack section near the soda will give you a good idea of what I've pretty much renounced.

The results were this: In February 2007, I weighed 245 pounds, and by mid July of the same year, I weighed 199 pounds. By the following February, I weighed 156 pounds. I finally hit "normal" in July 2009, at just under 141 pounds, but then I started adding Pilates & weights to my daily cardio, and my weight went up slightly by November. I do not know if this happened because I ate more, watched what I ate slightly less, or if it was water weight gain in stressed muscles. Just recently, I decided to pay more attention to what I ate, to see if I could come down a couple more pounds. For two weeks now, that's worked, at about the rate of a pound each week. It has reinforced my sense that this work is never done & requires continuous effort over one's lifetime. I don't know if it's mental or metabolic, but I am always going to have to be mindful of what I eat & how much I eat & why I am eating.

joannie
03-12-2010, 03:05 PM
Everyone loses at their own rate so just because it's taken some to lose 100lbs in under 10 months and if it's taken you longer, no worries! It's your own path that you have to travel & if you get frustrated because of comparing yourself to others just take a step back and remember *why* you are doing this :)

There is great advice and wisdom here. I lost my first 100 lbs in about 4.5 months. And after another 6.5 months, I lost another 100 lbs. I did not try to lose or expect to lose that fast. I was consistent with my eating and exercise and kept going forward, and saw results. However, I agree that this is not a race. I don't like to set timeframes and expectations as would not want to be disappointed in not meeting them, when the behaviors are healthy, positive, and consistent. So keep going with your plan and be patient. The results will follow. And celebrate any progress, regardless of the rate. Any progress is progress is worth celebrating.

Rythm
03-12-2010, 03:48 PM
Joannie, that's frickin' amazing! Way to go!

time2lose
03-12-2010, 05:24 PM
I agree that we all lose at our own rate. I haven't lost 100 pounds yet but am getting close. I have been a slow loser. I have been working on this since Sept. 08, so about 18 months. I have accepted that at my age, 54, and with hypothyroidism loss comes slowly. Of course, I would love to be losing faster but I give myself credit for continuing and not giving up. The only way I can fail is to quit. I would hate for someone to become discouraged and give up if it takes longer to lose weight than they like. Just know that you can lose large amounts of weight even it it come off slower than you would like.

Glory87
03-12-2010, 09:25 PM
I lost 70 lbs.

Started at 200 lbs in July 2004, was 153 by Christmas 2004. I hit 140 by Feb/March 2005, and then had a looooong plateau to July 2005 when I reached 138. I hit 135 lbs around November 2005 and 130 lbs by February 2006.

beautiful days
03-19-2011, 05:11 AM
what plans did you guys use to lose the weight so fast?

Shmead
03-19-2011, 08:09 AM
what plans did you guys use to lose the weight so fast?

Strict calorie counting, but not restrictive calorie counting.

By this I mean that I was very, very strict about accuracy: if I couldn't count something to a high degree of accuracy (like most restaurant food, or social eating), I just didn't eat it. Everything I did eat I weighed.

I also was very, very strict about staying on plan. While I was losing, I don't think I had one day out of 100 where I at more than usual, and even those were rigorously planned in advance. There were no cheats, no bad days.

I was not restrictive in the sense that I always had a pretty high calorie limit and never forced myself to live with real hunger. That was the only way I was able to stay on plan for so long: I didn't need "off days" the way I always had before, because I wasn't trying to white-knuckle my way through every other day. Since my life wasn't a horror of fighting hunger every minute of every day, I didn't need to take a break.

For me, at least, inconsistency was always the problem before and I didn't realize it.

runningfromfat
03-19-2011, 08:22 AM
Thanks for bumping this thread! I enjoyed reading through all the success stories! :D I know my 100lbs loss will be much longer than most because I had one miscarriage in the middle of it and we'll start TTC 15lbs before my "true" goal weight (i.e. once I hit a healthy BMI but my end goal weight is 15lbs into the healthy weight range).

I guess I really started with both diet and exercise in Aug 2010 and I'd love to at least lose these last 30 pounds and some change before then but I'm not going to stress too much about it if that doesn't happen (if I do that would make a 70lbs loss in a year, because I initially lost 15lbs 2 years ago so it's 85lbs down from my highest+15lbs still to go!).

Like a PP said, I'm working more on a lifestyle change that fast weight loss, though. It's been a slower road because I don't count calories (I work on intuitive eating) but I'm really happy with the changes I made because I feel like I can stick with them. :D

Eliana
03-19-2011, 09:15 AM
Huh. It's been a year since I posted on this thread and I still haven't quite reached 100 pounds. :D But I tell you what, it doesn't matter.

Beautiful Days, I have done this through calorie counting and exercise and "eating clean" which for me means a diet rich in veggies, fruits, and lean meats with very little processed food. I choose whole grains and complex carbs and use them sparingly. I drink water only. I go pretty hard core with the exercise, but I think this weight loss has been achieved mostly through diet. The exercise has strengthened my heart, lowered my BP and HR, and has given me a shape that I like.

I am 16 month into this.

starbrite
03-19-2011, 12:18 PM
8 months to lose the 100lbs, subsequently 27 in the last 3 months and 18 to go!! Lost by eating clean, low carb, low salt and fat, and drinking shed loads of water.

ShesLosingIt
03-19-2011, 02:13 PM
It took me a little over 10 months to lose 100 lbs and 14 months to lose 160 lbs so far but when you're coming into the race at 400 lbs +, you'd be surprised how ready your body is to drop the weight! It happened *way* faster than I thought it would but now that I'm inching my way towards a smaller body, I've noticed the loss has slowed down quite a bit (I've been going back and forth between 247-243 for the last week and a half, I swear) but as long as the number continues to down vs up, no matter how slowly, I am content.

I think you've done great losing 90 lbs thus far! Trust your body, trust the process and keep doing what you're doing - it will happen!

caryesings
03-19-2011, 09:08 PM
72 weeks

carter
03-19-2011, 09:54 PM
Interesting to read this old thread. It makes me feel like a slowpoke! :lol:

I haven't lost 100 pounds yet. I wouldn't be surprised if I don't get there until I've been at this for two full years - July 31 - or even longer.

The thing is, I have never in my life sustained a weight-loss effort for anywhere near that long. 6 or 7 months was probably my previous record. So even if the pounds-per-month totals are smaller than they were the other times, the result is immeasurably better - more loss, and a real sustainable change of habits.

My advice to anyone just starting out is, please don't focus on how long you think it's going to take. Just put it out of your mind. The time will pass either way - so would you rather be still on your comfortable, sustainable plan in two years? Or would you rather be halfway back to regaining everything you lost in the first year?

reptogirl
03-19-2011, 10:44 PM
i love this thread, i have been struggling this past week a lot and feeling discouraged, so i really enjoy reading posts by sooo many people who have lost 100 or close to it, i have lost around 16 pounds in 2 months could of been a few pounds more but i really have had a difficult week. i really do love 3fc!!

Jonesie
03-20-2011, 08:15 AM
About 9.5 months

piper10
03-20-2011, 06:30 PM
It has taken me several years. I know some people don't like to hear that, but I read a quote the other day that applies: “Victory is won not in miles but in inches. Win a little now, hold your ground, and later, win a little more.” (Louis L'Amour)

I can't stand to count anything, so I've been changing the way I eat -- adding veggies and fruits, and leaving out dairy, breads, sugars. I don't do it perfectly, but I'm working on it.