Old 03-10-2010, 04:24 PM   #1  
To be fit and FLY....

Height: 5'6"

Default Headaches?

Hi Friends!

So I am one week and 2 days into this LIFESTYLE CHANGE and I seem to be getting ragging headaches in the afternoon, not EVERYDAY but sometimes, anyone expeience this?

I am down 5 lbs since starting and I count calories and stay around 1300 a day - am I going through withdrawls?

Just curious if anyone else experienced this in the beginning?
Summerblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:30 PM   #2  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

Drastically cutting back on sugar, or carbohydrates in general, will often produce a withdrawal headache. This will pass once your body adjusts to your new diet. You could try putting more good carbs in your diet (beans, dairy, vegetables) and that may ease the headache.

Withdrawing from caffeine can also give you a headache, if you've done that. This will also pass.

And/or, dehydration can contribute to headache--in which case, you should drink more plain old water, if you're not getting enough.
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 308/176/150

Height: 5ft 5

I had headaches when I started. I cut back on caffine, drinks with sweetners, sugar and carbs all at once. I suffered for a few weeks then felt gret and full of energy If I've had a lot of carbs I sometimes have headaches again while cutting them back. Your calories are also very low for 257 (especially if you are exercising too). I've had phases of having them that low for weeks and weeks without the weight loss stalls everyone talks about and without feeling hungry but again I cut down to 1300 calories when I started and had headaches so may be a factor.
Rainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:21 PM   #4  
Living and Learning

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

I agree with the others. You will go through a tough couple of weeks but then emerge from the fog feeling better and having so much more energy.
Hang in there! It WILL get better!
gumboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 03:10 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 286/ticker/180

Height: 5'6

I also had headaches when I started. It lasted about a week or two and it hasn't been a problem since. I agree with everyone else and their advice that it is probably your body getting use to a new routine. Good luck!
xMeaganx is offline   Reply With Quote