Overeaters Anonymous - going to my first meeting tonight

View Full Version : going to my first meeting tonight

maisiedotes
03-10-2010, 02:57 PM
our local meeting is a H.O.W. meeting and I think the structure will be good for me, but I wondered- does the meal plan jive with a vegetarian diet? also is caffiene allowed? Im just not ready to give it up. silly I know...

maisiedotes
03-10-2010, 10:25 PM
Well, I am home from the meeting and I think it is going to change my life. Everyone was so nice and welcoming.. and everything they said, I thought "OMG! That's ME! That is what I do!!!" I feel like FINALLY someone understands me. My mom and I talk about weight loss and she says "Oh, just eat less and exercise more." Well, no kiddng, EVERYONE knows that. I am so grateful that these meetings discuss the emotional issues as well. I am working on the first question for HOW.

milliondollarbbw
03-10-2010, 11:25 PM
our local meeting is a H.O.W. meeting and I think the structure will be good for me, but I wondered- does the meal plan jive with a vegetarian diet? also is caffiene allowed? Im just not ready to give it up. silly I know...

Congrats on your first meeting! I say look online regarding the veggie aspects and use the skills that are useful to you. Not everyone is the same, or needs the same things. I know when I went to my first meeting I was a bit freaked out, but overall, it was a good experience. Way to go! :)

Jen415
03-25-2010, 09:24 AM
OA is a great place to be with others who understand our food addiction! Way to go!