South Beach Diet - Wednesday Cluckings

View Full Version : Wednesday Cluckings

jenne1017
03-10-2010, 12:41 AM
Ok, so I know this is like, 2 hours ahead of when FoodO usually posts (so forgive me my friend for interjecting) but I thought I might get things started here for Wednesday!

Things will be busy for me at work today and while, if I make it in early, I can check in, I may not so I thought, why the heck not start something right around midnight!? It's just me and the owls (which will be either my next or 2nd next tattoo BTW) at this time anyway!

Happy Hump [OP] Day!

Lexxiss
03-10-2010, 01:48 AM
Good Morning:sunny:

Hi, Jenn. I didn't realize you were one of the "owls". Depending on the night, I'm up and down. Last night I was pretty tired after skiing, and really wanted to munch, so I just went to bed early....imagine my suprise when I logged on. BTW-you're always welcome to come visit me for skiing. I'm in the heart of ski country.

tomandkara
03-10-2010, 01:58 AM
Good MORNING!!! I am having a FANTABULOUS day and I hope it keeps up because it's only 7:50 a.m.!

My workout was AWESOME this morning. It's my favorite one of the series and today was the last day I am doing it. I can't believe I'm almost at the end of the thirteen week program!

My scale was back at 134! Yay!

I tried on my favorite jeans, just for kicks today. These ones: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=805&l=1f3665942a&id=100000219630449 I got them on and I *could* have worn them, but they will look a lot better in 4-5 pounds so I will wait and wear them when they look fabulous! (Connor took that picture - isn't it funny?!)

I have a tutoring client coming today so I need to get the girls through their homeschool quickly and off to school. Connor's heading out the door right now. It looks like another windy, cold day out there.

We've got the girls' martial arts and then church tonight. I'm making bread right now but it will be for everyone else because I used white flour. I'm just going to pack a veggie burger and rice and skip the soups. I forgot to get broth at the store, so I'll make a soup for next week.

Kadyn's just about done her breakfast so I'm going to start her school with her. Happy Wednesday!

Lexxiss
03-10-2010, 02:02 AM
Hi Kara

Awesome photo! Especially now that you fit back in the jeans. I AM going back to bed at some point, so see you later.

SunshineCA
03-10-2010, 02:15 AM
Happy Hump Day to you too! I'm sure there will be no conflict for you gettin' it started a lil early! :)

CyndiM
03-10-2010, 05:37 AM
Well this is the first time I've seen 5 posts before 5 AM :eek: Hope you are all getting some more sleep now.
Good morning :coffee2: all. The coffee is on (the first pot of the day) and there's plenty to share :)

Jenne - Okay, how many tattoos do you have so far? I never thought about an owl, that could be nice. I was thinking a crane next but I'm not sure if I will get another one. Have a good day. Hope there are a few moments of down time in there.

Debbie - Skiing again? Sounds like you're making the most of it :) Bet this weather is perfect too.

Kara - Hope the fantabulousness is continuing!

Sunshine - Welcome back! I'll be looking for you every morning now :)

I'm trying to improve my attitude. The week is already really challenging and I thought today was Thursday. That is not a good sign. It's all state budget stuff and watching some of the things that have been so successful get dismantled. Unfortunately there may be many of these days.

Uh oh, posting before feeding cats. Better get that done NOW! They're staring at me....

Ruthxxx
03-10-2010, 06:05 AM
What a bunch of earlybirds - or night owls! Good idea to get us started up Jenne. I assume you went to bed after posting. Debbie, I'm never sure if you are getting up or going to bed. Kara has half a day's work done of course and Sunshine is getting ready for bed.

Cyndi, does that make us the "normal" ones? Scary thought!

Great book club meeting last night with lots of good discussion and laughter. The book was a Stuart MacLean - Canada's Garrison Keilor. We chose it as a lighter selection after a couple of heavy ones. The next book is "Middlesex" which will be different and possibly very interesting.

Looks like another clear and warmish day and I have absolutely nothing on my schedule. The dogs will be happy. I may even get a chance to work on my baby quilt and tackle some of Jazz's matted fur bits.

I hope your day is springlike. (I guess I should change my avatar.)

cottagebythesea
03-10-2010, 06:08 AM
Good morning to all you chirpy early birds! You all are up and rearin' to go on this Hump Day morning. :)

Jen, I do hope you managed to get a few hours sleep before starting your busy day at work.

Debbie, have another fun day of skiing! That's an excellent way to get a great workout, plus have a blast at the same time. ;)

Kara, woohoo on the jeans NSV!!! Isn't that a super way to start your day! :D I hope the rest of your day is just as uplifting!

Sunshine, long time no see! I hope you're back to join us regularly!

Cyndi, I really appreciate the coffee, thanks! It tastes especially good when I can share it with all of you. :) I hope your Hump Day Hurdles aren't too hard to conquer and goes by quickly. Tomorrow will be Thursday for sure, then you can celebrate! I hope the kitties have full tummies by now! ;)

We're supposed to have one more day of sunny weather before a rain spell, and you can bet I'll be outside enjoying as much of it as I can manage. I sat out on Cindy's porch and had my lunch yesterday, and it felt so good! The girls had a riding lesson after school yesterday, and instead of using that time to have my tea and read, I went up to the paddock to watch them, instead. Afterwards, we set up an obstacle course in the yard and stayed out there playing until it got too dark and hunger brought us inside for supper. I think it's been a long winter for all of us, and it just felt so good to be outside again. :)

Well, I'd better go look in the freezer and decide what to make for Jake's supper and get it started. I made a big pan of roasted vegetables and chick peas for myself yesterday, so that's what I'll be having again today.

tomandkara
03-10-2010, 06:11 AM
Debbie, LOL I don't know why I was doing the thumbs up. Connor probably told me to. Ha!

Sunshine, keep on posting. You'll stay on track better!

Cyndi, I've got joy to share today. I have no idea why I'm in such a good mood, but I'll take it! Here's some happy dust for you...*'*'*'*'* Does that look happy? I don't know...

Ruth, you're consistent, and that's more important than being "normal" (although you certainly can be both!). Have a good day!

Linda, I'm glad you enjoyed your time outside yesterday! Think of me today when you're out there. It's still too cold here to be outside.

Mmckellen
03-10-2010, 06:14 AM
Kara, amazing about the jeans and the scale! I feel like it was just yesterday you were stuck at 140.

For me, I've been fighting off a cold...we are going to Florida on Saturday and I'm determined not to be sick! This morning I almost feel like it's taken up permanent residence, but I'll continue with the Zicam tablets anyway, just because I actually do think they are working a bit.

cottagebythesea
03-10-2010, 06:17 AM
Mmc, I hope you're feeling better before your trip!

Kara, there's a lot of celebration going on in your siggie! ;)

tomandkara
03-10-2010, 06:29 AM
Linda, I know! Ten days!!! Today is the half-way mark. Maybe that's why I'm in such a good mood!

Mmckellen, I finally buckled down and started calorie counting. Actually, I broke open my Extreme Fat Smash book and started following the menus in there. It's very easy to adapt to follow along with the South Beach principles and it always gets my weight moving again. Sometimes I want a very structured plan and sometimes I want to be able to pick and choose whatever I want. It always feels like a big sacrifice to follow the EFS plan so I always procrastinate about it, but there really is a decent variety of food for it being a calorie-restricted plan. I'll do it for another week and a half until Tom gets home and then switch back to full time South Beach to maintain the loss I'm getting now plus continue to lose some more.

Heidi58
03-10-2010, 06:37 AM
Good morning friends! :wave:

I feel really boring this morning - I go to bed early, sleep like a log, have no tattoos and nothing exciting planned for the next few days. lol I was almost too embarrassed to post. ;)

Cute jeans Kara! Connor is a multi-talented young man, nice photo.

Jenn, I hope you slept well and get through your busy day with no bumps.
Debbie, it's fun to read about your skiing - I'll be referring to you as "my friend the ski bum" before long. :lol:
Hi Sunshine, nice to see you. I'd like to be in sunny southern California this morning. It's pretty dreary and cool here right now.
Cyndi, you'd better be careful... if you keep posting before feeding them those cats of yours may figure out how to sabotage your internet connection!
Mmc - I swear by zicam. I hope you'll be feeling really good by Saturday.
Good morning Ruth and Linda and anyone else who comes later. :)

Enjoy your Wednesday! :hug:

WaistingTime
03-10-2010, 07:21 AM
Good morning:)

Jenn - Mixing things up can be fun; thanks for getting us off and running today. I need to remember the time difference since per my page you posted yesterday! Tattoos?

Debbie - I am sooo not an owl. Early bird, but not as early as many other chicks! When is the next ski day for you?

Kara - You ARE having a great day! Congrats.

Sunshine - Hello there.

Cyndi - Sorry your week is challenging:hug: Tattoos for you too?

Ruth - I have heard great things about Middlesex but admit I started it once and did not finish. I would have it it was for my book club.... sooo many books, so little time.

Cottage - How nice to spend the day outside. Hopefully there will be more of that soon.

Mmc - I was downing Airborne all last week for the same reason! Then I wondered if I am starting to feel spring allergies. Here's to us both being healthy for vacation:crossed:

Heidi - Me too, except for the log part. I wish I slept better. Have a great day.

Nothing exciting here. Gym and more trip prep. Not sure when I will start packing... but soon. This is the last day of school for DS this week.

jennyplain
03-10-2010, 08:46 AM
Morning everyone!

Jenn - you were up super early! I am tired just thinking about it, lol.

Debbie - It's 50 degrees here today, and I'm kind of missing winter already, so I'm jealous of your ski-proximity.

Kara - Woo! Congratulations and great job on sticking with it!

Sunshine - I love your avatar; very pretty.

Cyndi - An unfed cat is a scary thing. Mine used to get into bed with me and crawl on my face while I was sleeping.

Ruth - I read Middlesex a couple of years ago, when it first came out. It's really interesting, kind of weird, but amazingly well written.

Linda - Roasted veggies and chickpeas are making me drool, I'll admit it.

Mmc - Zicam is a miracle cure! Good luck and feel better!

Heidi - A healthy night's sleep is always something to give two thumbs up about, hehe.

I'm trying to figure out what to wear to a friend's birthday party in a couple of weeks. It's 20s themed, and I refuse to pay money to rent a costume. I have a couple of dresses from Igigi that might be able to pass, but they're more day dresses than party dresses. But she's turning 30, so I can't skip the party because I don't have a flapper costume hidden in my closet. Any ideas?

Chelby29
03-10-2010, 09:18 AM
Good Morning!

Jenn, My brother, who is in the Air Force, went with his buddy to get a tattoo. His buddy went first. My brother said, "It BLED! Heck NO!" :D

Debbie, I'm glad you are enjoying the winter.

Kara, Hooray for skinny jeans!

Sunshine, Hi! Welcome back!

Cyndi, Our governor cut us out of the budget, too. We're still fighting.

Ruth, Enjoy your warmish day. :)

Cottage, Do your girls do equestrian riding or western?

MMc, Are you going to see The Mouse?

Heidi, I'm boring, too. No tattoos, piercings (other than ears), or even really good style! :lol:

Karen, Are you going to Florida too? I know lots of us are heading south.

Jenny, Can you visit a thrift store? I find lots of great things at thrift stores.

Me: I am alive, but barely. Jeff and I both ended up with Auston's stomach bug, but worse! Throwing up... Diarrhea... It was awful! I was in bed for 33 hours. I've NEVER been in bed that long! I had a little yogurt this morning, which is the first thing I've eaten since Monday. On the bright side, I lost 5 pounds! I won't count it...

My goal today is to sanitize both bathrooms and to change the sheets on the bed. Wish me luck!

gothik butterfly
03-10-2010, 09:22 AM
Good Morning, chickies! It's another dreary day... and it's raining... but I'm happy it isn't snow. :D

Jenne - I love owls too. Very cool that you decided to get a tattoo of one. What tattoos do you have now? I have 2 with the decision made for the next 4. LOL I have a spiral goddess (spiritual to me), Boris Vallejo's Dracula (representing my dark side).

Debbie - good morning! I see your egg is lit up saying you're on... so you must be up and atem now. :)

Kara - that is KICK BUTT about your jeans! There's nothin sweeter than being able to look fantabulous in a pair of jeans you love.

Sunshine - hi! send some of those golden rays this way. it's so dreary here!

Cyndi - I'm right there with ya on the attitude thing. I'm having a rough one as well. Stay strong and find the positive!

Ruth - I do still love the book club idea. And I have not heard of Stuart MacLean but I certainly know who Garrison Keilor is! I've even seen him live. Funny stuff so I imagine MacLean is a bowl of laughter too!

Hi Cottage - It really is nice to get back outside isn't it? It has been raining here the past couple of days but still. It's such a nice change to have weather where I can go with a t shirt or sweatshirt as opposed to bundling up. And not to mention not having to warm the car up for so long!

MMc - feel better soon! Think positive, get that rest and definitely take your zicam! you'll be better before you can ... sneeze? lol

Waistingtime - I agree with you - so many books, so little time. I have 3 spiritual books and 2 fiction books in the works right now. LOL and I just keep buying more. Oh the joys of Goodwill book hunting! There are SOME I have to buy outright but often I can find something I haven't read and want to read through Goodwill.

Jenny - the party sounds like lots of fun! I'll have to think about ideas for you... though if you google you might come up with some inexpensive ideas. on the other hand, renting a costume isn't usually THAT expensive.. at least not here... around 40 bucks. But first, I'd do a google.

Chelby - oh no! sorry you've been sickie! Ooh and recommending a Thrift Store to Jenny is a great idea! I can't believe I didn't think of that! Must be lack of coffee. I'm still on the first cup! lol

As for me... yesterday was a very trying day. Everything that could go wrong, did right down to trying to leave a message on a machine and having to call back because somehow I got disconnected. I'm only half dose on my bi polar medications because I'm weening off to start a new one that is covered by my insurance.

Because I'm only half dose, I'm very irritated, crying a lot, stressed over little things. It feels like the world is crashing down over every tiny little thing. I NEARLY went off plan. I needed comfort food. Luckily the burger and green beans I made for dinner was enough to stave off the pizza craving.

Hoping today will be better. I went to bed early, had a looong night sleep and am ready to take on a new day.

I hope all you chickies are ready to take on the day, too!

jenne1017
03-10-2010, 09:48 AM
Hi Hi!

I went to bed about 30 mins after posting (darn facebook!). I really *am* a night owl. If I could work from 11-8p every day, I'd be in heaven (and be more accomplished too!).

This is my tattoo - I had promised myself before I was 30 I would get it and waited until I was 29 and 360 days old but I made my goal. No blood either (though it did get infected, darn cats!)! I had spent about 10 years making sure it's what I wanted before getting it. It's on my inside, left ankle: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6344821&l=4e6019b3c7&id=733150014 In case you haven't figured it out, it's a Libra zodiac symbol with some gayness thrown in :broc:

The next one I want is the owl on my upper right back/shoulder area. And last, when I reach ONEderland again (if I don't wait for the owl for that) my wife and I are getting cherry blossom tattoos. While it means a lot to us as a couple (though we'd get different tattoos - this is toooooo girly for her), the cherry blossoms also symbolize living in DC, which I have done for almost 11 years now (longest I've lived anywhere before).

But enough about my tatts. Kara - awesome job on the jeans!!! I have two pairs in my drawer waiting for a Kara moment (first brownies, now jeans!).

Debbie - my in-laws want me THERE first. Less embarrassing to fall in front of family ;)

MMc - feel better!

jenny - I second hitting a thrift store. They have costumes but also lots of themed clothing. Try it out. Or, buy a flapper costume on the cheap? Amazon and places like Oriental Trading Company (EBay too I'd assume), might have some new costumes for around $20.

KatehSparrow
03-10-2010, 10:04 AM
Good morning everyone!

Kara - Congrats! Love the picture (and the angle it's at. hehe)

Cyndi - Hope things start looking up. :)

mmc - I was sick with a cold last week... I never get sick! Hope you fell better!

Cheby - That sounds horrible. Ugh. I'm glad your feeling better and I hope it doesn't rear its ugly head again!

Kari - Good luck. Stay strong. :)

As for me... well today is looking up to be a better day. I should be heading to breakfast in a little bit. I have a midterm for my education class tomorrow that I worked on for a good couple of hours last night in the library. Felt like zombie. Double choir today and then more studying. Blah.

Toodles!

KO
03-10-2010, 10:09 AM
Hi Ladies
Kara Yay Jeans
Jen Love the Tatt!
I want to get either a triskele (3 armed celtic spiral) or a claddagh
overtiredness soreness and stress begat cookies this morning I only seem to be able to have 1 clean day ARGH!
Going to the rheumatologist so hopefully I can get some relief.
Still worked out last night did urban striptease which had to be a hysterical sight for the cats (for the record I kept it all on!) and DH was like You did what? Were you naked? No honey. What's the point then?
anyway no more time left I'm under the gun!
bbl Post doc
Kierie

BellaLucia
03-10-2010, 10:45 AM
Jenn, I got up at 9:30 so you're good! Kara, congrats!! To all the other chickies, take care! Chelby, so sorry that your hubby has the bug!

Kim_Star060404
03-10-2010, 11:10 AM
Good morning, everyone. Just a quick check in as I'm already deep in the piles of paperwork that were on my desk when I got back this morning. Thanks to everyone for the kind words and admonitions yesterday. I did finally get to bed and get some rest. I'm not quite 100% yet, but I'm getting there. I had to work today because 3 people are out and 2 others had inspection appointments that we couldn't back out of. So, after lunch, it'll just be me. :( Oh well. DH is cooking tonight and I'm going to get lots of rest then.

I hope everyone's well!

Lexxiss
03-10-2010, 11:25 AM
Hi-Fortunately I did get to go back to sleep. Now it's later than I want it to be. Think I'll say hi backwards this AM since I always miss so many of you later in the day.

KimStar, I'm glad you're doing better today. Work sure sounds hectic, though. Hope you're home before you know it.

Kierie, I wish you felt better! Does the warmer weather help at all?

Kate, glad to hear you're feeling a little bit better!

Jenn, now cherry blossoms sound nice-especially where you live? Are they blooming soon.

Kari, I'm sorry you're feeling so yuck. My DH is changing meds, and right now he's over medicated. Lots of ups and downs. It will be worth it, as long as the meds are right, to have insurance cover it. I'll take time to send good vibes your way today!

Chelby, yuck! Get it over before Spring officially hits! If you really lost weight from being sick, just be mindful as you start feeling better and certainly "count it".

Jenny, I wish I could hit the thrift stores with you! I got a ski outfit for under $15.

Karen, ski-day to-day! The snow is really great! Road still closed, too, so there are no lines. We've been leaving home at 11:30.

Heidi, your post made me laugh this AM.

Mmc, kick that cold before Florida!!!

Linda, your day with the girls sounded fun!

Ruth, I'm never sure if I'm getting up or going to bed, either. It must be really confusing with the time difference. Have a great day doing whatever you feel like. I love your new avatar!

Cyndi, I really hope you start having some better days. The darn work thing is so stressful.

Sunshine :wave:

So I have the morning to myself. The pool is closed today for maintenance. http://www.hotspringspool.com/y.php?p=WebcamStill. You can see little people walking around in it. Kirk is at the weight room and I'm going skiing at 1130. I'm going to do some speed-organizing. I'm putting the sewing machines away, since I seem to have found a new hobby. I'm really staying OP lately which feels good!

Have a great day everyone! See ya'll later!

monasmom
03-10-2010, 12:02 PM
Hi everyone!

I feel kinda boring like a couple others mentioned;). No tatts or trips or anything like that here. Just really need to conquer my filing :( which I've been putting off. Then I have bible study tonite but I think I will do some shopping on the way there at Traders. Also, I am beginning to think my scale is :?: I got on it 1st thing today & it said 171 which really shocked me because I was 174 when I went to bed so I did a re-weigh and it said 175 when I re-weighed. I don't know if I need to re-calibrate or buy a new scale; I have had this one prob 3 yrs.

Kara: WTG on getting into the jeans.

Chelby: Glad you're over the stomach bug & feeling better.

Kari: Sry yesterday was a lil rough as you wean off meds.

Mmc: Hope you're well in time for your trip.

Ruth: Your bookclub sounds fun.

Cyndi: That is so funny about the cat. I actually have an auto-feeder so with me my cat wakes me up if she feels its time for me to give her "her attention"

JennyPlain: Besides shopping the thrift stores, how about accesorizing your current dresses so they are more flapper like? Long beads, headbands worn across the forehead could make a dress more 20s like.

To everyone else I may have missed, I hope you're having a healthy, happy day on the beach.

Sue

WaistingTime
03-10-2010, 01:23 PM
Jenny P - Sorry, no ideas for you. But it sounds like fun.

Chelby - Nope - Headed skiing in CO. 33 hours! Glad that you are finally up and around.

Kari - I am so lucky with books because my mom buys hard covers and passes them on to me. I have not been reading as much while dieting because I found it makes me want to snack:( Sorry you are struggling. :hug:

Jenn - That is some pretty fancy ink!

Kate - Glad to day is turning out better. Hang in there.

Kierie - Urban striptease sounds fun! I did a fit strip class on a spa vacation and loved it but was sooo not sultry enough.

Okie - Such a late morning for you.

Kim - Glad you are on the mend.

Debbie - I saw some amazing photos online of the rock slide aftermath! Thanks for your great advice this morning. My son skied with his older cousin last year and packed ramen soup and just bought boiled water. Obviously that won't work for me:) And it is more complicated since we are will friends at all our meals. I will have to think what I can stuff in my pockets. Save some snow for me!

Sue - Your scale sounds a bit confused. I am actually toying with the idea of bringing mine on vacation since we are driving.

Lexxiss
03-10-2010, 01:27 PM
Karen
The resorts always have small lockers. You could store lunch in a locker.

jenne1017
03-10-2010, 01:54 PM
Debbie - the blossoms usually come out for 2 weeks - last week of March and first week of April. I spent 4 hours trying to find parking so I could bring DW, who was DG back then 6 years ago, to see them for her first time. We almost ran out of gas - it was a huge big thing!

jennyplain
03-10-2010, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the tips everyone - I checked out flapper costumes online, and you can get super cheap ones for like $30-40. I think I can swing that, and then wear it again at Halloween. Of course, I may be too small for it at Halloween!

tomandkara
03-10-2010, 03:18 PM
I am wanting a big bowl of pasta with butter and cheese and then chocolate chip cookies. Where did that come from??? I'm hiding in my room, not that I have any chocolate chip cookies in the house or pasta made. I think my head is crazy.

Lexxiss
03-10-2010, 07:47 PM
:carrot: :broc: :carrot: :broc:

I forgot to mention it was our first CSA pickup this afternoon!!! I have fresh mint iced tea brewing, 1/2 pound of fresh basil, beets, chard, kale, spinach, onions, radishes, sunflower sprouts, salad mix, cucumber and tomatoes!

Even a small load in the dehydrator!!

Spring is coming, it's coming!!

Chelby29
03-10-2010, 08:29 PM
Debbie, Your box sounds delightful! I found some fresh beets a couple weeks ago and pickled them. Yum! (Although Jeff gagged. :lol:)