Old 03-08-2010, 10:36 AM   #1  

Default OT - Surgery tomorrow

I just wanted to give a little forewarning that I'll be down and out for the rest of the week. I'm having gallbladder surgery tomorrow (after being diagnosed with gallstones in November!) and am preparing myself for a few days of basically bed rest.

I'm a little nervous (I've never had surgery before), but for now, I'm trying to be positive.

Keep movin' everyone - I can't wait to see the progress you've made next week!
emilydreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

I just had my gallbladder taken out in December (it was my first surgery also). You'll be fine! The first week or so you'll probably be pretty sore... what helped *me* was LOTS of rest and getting up a couple times per day to walk back & forth through my house (so didn't walk very far, just enough to get moving).

Good luck!!! Let us know how to goes!!

Last edited by kuhrisuh; 03-08-2010 at 11:06 AM.
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

good luck and hope you have a speedy recovery!!

And I definitely agree about moving as much as possible - I've had several abdominal surgeries and that makes a huge difference. Take your pain meds, give thema chance to kick in and them move around as much as you can. It will exhaust you and you'll need to take a nap, but that's good, the sleep helps with healing too.
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:20 AM   #4  

I ended up not being able to have surgery yesterday. I had a severe allergic reaction to the antibiotic they gave me - rapid heartbeat, throat swelling shut sort of thing - and they weren't able to proceed. Thankfully, after a heavy, heavy dose of benadryl, I'm feeling fine, but I won't be able to have the surgery until next week.

Thanks so much for the advice - I'll be sure to try to get up and walk around a little after the surgery next week.
emilydreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:38 AM   #5  
Kim

S/C/G: 256/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

Eek sorry to hear about the reaction. You'll feel so much better after the surgery. My gallstone attacks were the most painful thing I've ever felt. The surgery was a breeze in comparison. You'll do great!
Wizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:00 AM   #6  
Now Mom to 5

S/C/G: 250/ticker/170

Height: 5' 5"

Yuck, I am sorry to hear about the reaction. Once you get the surgery you will feel so much better. Getting my gallbladder remove made such a big difference in all I do.
MomtoThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:02 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

Oh no! Sorry to hear about the allergic reaction Glad you're feeling better though. Keep your head up girl!
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote