Old 03-08-2010, 09:05 AM   #1  

Default Belly Fat Cure..Lost Weight & Gained More

This is the WORST diet ever. It makes me mad and I feel gypped out of my friggin mind! Let me start back to when me and the misses went on this program in December and right after Christmas

We got a whole bunch of low carb products and started doing the program. I am a truck driver and she stays at home doing a mail order business. Neither one of us like to exercise and we lead a sit on your butt life. *lol* But, I love Gerty and we have become like to Polar Bears who love deeper than what we see on the outside.

We have put on a lot of weight over the last 20 years and Gerty's favorite niece was getting married Valentine's Day weekend. When she heard about the Belly Fat Cure, she felt like her prayers were being answered and I love my wife and could stand to lose 75 pounds. I mean both of us could. So, we got the Belly Fat Cure diet and started on our way to losing weight on December 26th and did a planned Cheat for New Year's day and eve. We figured it would not hurt knowing we could lose potentially 54 pounds in 6 weeks if we lost 9 pounds a week no exercise required We felt we could do it and went on the plan and expected to look good and over half our weight gone by the Valentine Day weekend wedding. We were headed for Charleston, SC where the niece was having the wedding and we knew we could splurge a bit and get back to the program when got back home to OH.

Here is the PO'd part.

We lost about 30 pounds a piece. No where near the 9 pounds the book said we would lose because we had so much to lose. But, we were kinda happy with the weightloss and we knew we would look better when everyone saw us in Charleston. So, drove down. It was a long drive, but I am trucker so it was not a big deal at around 670 / 680 miles. We wore some comfortable sweat suits that we bought to celebrate our loss and headed out.

Has anyone ever been Down South? Let me tell you. My route is Midwest to West Coast. I have driven Down South here and there, but this was the first time I spent some time down there. Southern food is like HEAVEN ON EARTH!!

Hot diggity!

Gerty and I ate our way down there and back. Grits, fried potatoes with onions and peppers, pecan pie, chess pie, fried turkey, cornbread dressing, the best macaroni and cheese and low country cooking in South Carolina? Hot diggity! We ate from the time we hit the road to the time we got back up here.

I have never had such good food in my life. Gerty and I laughed, ate and drank and by Sunday, reality hit.

We both tried on or matching sweat suits and they did not fit. They were tight and Gerty cried. The look on my wife's face just made me hug her even tighter. We got a scale from the hotel and we checked out weight on Sunday, the day we were leaving, and we both gained close to 13 pounds in 4 days.

We just didn't care as we made our way back to Dayton. We ate everything we could because we were mad at this damn diet! How does anyone expect you to not eat good food? We could not cook on the road. We could not find low sugar sweets on the road and a 1/2 cup of potatoes or macaroni and cheese is not going to fill you up! About 10 days after we left Charleston. We still had not gotten back to eating the "B (I have another B word for this diet!)FC way. Guess how much weight we gained in 14 days? ALL OF IT BACK is what I am telling you. We gained all of the weight back. It is so hard to not stop eating the foods you love. Jorge Cruise's book is a SHAM! Who can eat with no sugar practically their whole lives? Who wants to pack their lunch everyday? Who wants to not be able to eat REAL FOODS and not so sweet imitations of the real stuff?

I cannot eat the BFC way my whole life. There is too much good food out there and I know I will never stop eating biscuits, Southern fried chicken, deep dish pizza, sandwiches on white bread, real Coca Cola, and drinking my beers. This diet is horrible and does not deal with real life. We both have gained (since right before the wedding) over 40 pounds. Gerty is so sad and we have both decided that we are going to get Lap Band surgery because at least with Lap Band you can eventually go back to eating the foods you love just not so much of it. I was never a jock and neither was Gerty and with lap band we don't have to exercise either. This is the only way people to really lose weight and keep it off.

Save your money unless you want to be broke buying expensive foods and living in some bubble where you have time to shop and cook all the time.

I am very happy with dumping this diet and moving onto surgery. Right now I am eating some sausage biscuits and gravy, cheese grits, two eggs and some fried potatoes with a huge glass of orange juice, coffee with hazel nut cream sweetener and a whole tomato cut up. Is it loaded with tons of carbs and sugar..You bet ya and I am enjoying every bit!
BigManDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:15 AM   #2  

I too chucked the diet. I did lose a little bit the first week, but felt awful. Im not a big meat eating person, and I missed my fruits. As soon as I ate some fruit, bang, here came the weight back.

I did however find some interesting things in the book, about sugars. They are everywhere. I read labels alot more now.

I went back to vegetarinism. And feel so much better.

I see that it is working for other folks, glad they found what does work for them. But not for me.

I think ones who were doing lower carb than this, then going on this program liked it because they could eat more carbs. Thats the only way I think anyone can stick to it.

Best wishes to ya.

cookinmary
cookinmary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:40 AM   #3  

Default Carb Addicts Unite! Dump the Belly Fat Cure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookinmary View Post
I too chucked the diet. I did lose a little bit the first week, but felt awful. Im not a big meat eating person, and I missed my fruits. As soon as I ate some fruit, bang, here came the weight back.

I did however find some interesting things in the book, about sugars. They are everywhere. I read labels alot more now.

I went back to vegetarinism. And feel so much better.

I see that it is working for other folks, glad they found what does work for them. But not for me.

I think ones who were doing lower carb than this, then going on this program liked it because they could eat more carbs. Thats the only way I think anyone can stick to it.

Best wishes to ya.

cookinmary
I am a truck driver. Vegetables and fruit never touch these lips unless they are surrounded by bacon, cheese, steak or chicken!

The diet does not tell you to eat a lot of meat..only 4 to 6 ounces for a man and Gerty ate around 4 ounces per meal. Maybe you just don't like meat. Idid Atkins many, many years ago and that was a diet that was ALL about meat. Not this one. This one is about limiting your carbs and this is something I cannot do. Call me a sugar addict or carb addict and I will gladly answer.

Listen. I love carbs and sugar and I will be darned if I am going to be satisfied with 1/3 cup or this or a 1/4 cup of that or a medium baked potato. This country was built on grains, potatoes and rice. I haul them everyday.

You seem like a carb addict to, I mean being vegetarian and all those fake burgers, fake meats, fake chicken..nothing but grains and carbs and soy. Yeah, I tried that many years ago too. Morningstar Farm products are good but the more I ate, the more I wanted and Morningstar products are not cheap. I remember me and Gerty's food bill being HIGH when we dabbled in vegetarianism.

You are like me. You love the carbs. You like the sugar! You like the "high" of eating carbs. C'mon, it is one of life's cheap pleasures. We need to start a United Carb and Sugar Junkie Diet" and tell the rest of the "controlled carb world" to take a long walk off a short pier!

I am just waiting for our surgery date in April. I know once we get this belt around our tummies we will never have to worry about being fat ever again. Maybe you should try it too. I will let everyone know how me and Gerty are doing afterwards.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:59 AM   #4  

Yes, I guess I love my carbs and sugars. I always thought that eating sugar meant eating real sugar or sweets, ice cream, doughnuts etc.

I generally eat whole foods, that grow out of the ground or grow on trees. Not so much the fake meats and tofu every once in a while.

For me the diet was too limiting in what I could eat. I dont see how he said a vegan or vegetarian could do it. Eating fruit puts you way over your sugar allotment for the day. And when you eat a high carb diet, those 120 grams add up way fast, and go over them.

I have around 20 or so pounds to get rid of. I am not surgery material.

Do keep us posted as to how you are doing.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:37 PM   #5  

Default Vegetarian ...Heavy?

Quote:
Yes, I guess I love my carbs and sugars. I always thought that eating sugar meant eating real sugar or sweets, ice cream, doughnuts etc.

I generally eat whole foods, that grow out of the ground or grow on trees. Not so much the fake meats and tofu every once in a while.

For me the diet was too limiting in what I could eat. I dont see how he said a vegan or vegetarian could do it. Eating fruit puts you way over your sugar allotment for the day. And when you eat a high carb diet, those 120 grams add up way fast, and go over them.

I have around 20 or so pounds to get rid of. I am not surgery material.

Do keep us posted as to how you are doing.

Excuse me ma'am, so how does one get fat eating whole foods right out of the ground? Every vegetarian I have known has been skinny. You don't eat the fake stuff..It just seems like with your healthy eating you would be like most vegetarians I have met..skinny?? Excuse me I don't mean to be rude it is just that my wife was thinking about going back to becoming a vegertarian before the surgery to drop some more weight, but if that make you overweight tooo..Surgery cannot come quick enough!! *lol*
Old 03-08-2010, 01:40 PM   #6  

Menopause.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:53 PM   #7  

Default Enough Said!

Quote:
Menopause.

I told Gerty and she laughed as she is not near that stage yet, but she did say it was one more thing that made her decision to get the Lap band much easier.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:53 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 152/150/140

Height: 5 "5"

OMG!! I have never laughed so hard in my life! You have a good point. Never adhere to a diet you cant stick to for the rest of your life. I'm glad you figured it wasnt for you. LOL! You may want to try calorie counting, that way nothing is off limits just smaller portions.
zamzam is offline   Reply With Quote