Simply Filling/Core - Core weekly chat: March 8- March 14

Tejas
03-08-2010, 07:10 AM
:cofdate:

New Pages

Tejas
03-08-2010, 07:16 AM
Good morning all:

So, we have a new week to get it right. There are posts from late yesterday on last week's pages. You might want to read them. Sloan, Nancy and Sandra wrote in. (I apologize if I forgot someone!)

How did I gain 2 pounds in one day? I'm hoping that it must be that we went out to dinner last night and my food was salty. I had a vegetarian meat loaf which was very tasty, but it must have been enhanced with something!

DH's cough is horrible, even with antibiotics and an inhaler. He's going back to medical people today.

Rhonda

RoseB
03-08-2010, 11:19 AM
Good morning to you all.

Rhonda, I am like the other gals I have never had a massage and I don't think I would be comfortable.
It could just be water weight you gained, I think it would be hard to gain 2 lbs that fast.

Nancy, sounds like you had a good time at your son's birthday. Our children grow up so fast don't they.

Mary Ann, I guess I should eat smaller meals also. It really does come down to how many calories we consume.

Sandra, how is it going with you?

After Church yesterday we ran over to watch our daughters Hockey game.
Our granddaughters team won the Silver on her hockey team. One more and they would have won the Gold. Hockey is so big here in Canada.

Tonight we are invited out for supper with others and to play, "Chicken Legs " again. It is good as you can talk while playing, not like Bridge when everyone is so serious.

It will not be long before we start going up to our cottage, the time is flying by. It is good we have our son living in the downstairs apartment for the summer, as he can look after the house. Our neighbour used to look after it for us.
Our son's ex lives near by so he has the children quite often. They all get along well now so it is good.

Well take care all and hello to all that come on today.
RoseB

Vickie
03-08-2010, 12:34 PM
Jenny says I lost 1.2 this week but my scale said I should have stayed the same from last week. Jim wants to buy a new scale for home. Maybe we will.

I'm off to a hair appointment so I'll catch up with you all later.

aghiowa
03-08-2010, 02:21 PM
:cheer: Way to go Vickie!

I applaud all of you doing home remodeling. Dealing with all that mess and disorganization is no fun. After we built our house, we moved in with a temporary occupancy sticker. We had no trim, doors, or countertops. :lol: But the city gives you 60 days I think to finish those things to get your permanent occupancy, so it was a good incentive for us to get finished.

I am going to try to get some sewing done today. Of course I've been trying to do that for the last 2 weeks, but stuff keeps coming up. Grrr. Oh well, at least I'm keeping busy, eh?

Angela

ontarget
03-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Congratulations, Vickie. I like JC's scales better than yours. I'd listen to them. Are you thinking of reflexology?

Rhonda, I hope Doyle's feeling better. You're probably right about the salt in the meatloaf. It'll come off soon. I'm chugging water today. I hadn't done that in a long time.

Rose, it's good that your son's living at your home and can house sit for you this summer. Have fun playing Chicken Legs.

Curtis and I went to the allergist today for my appointment to see if the food drops are working. Now this is typical for me--I have to take stronger drops.

Angela, how was your day? Did you get to sew?

blessedwithsarah
03-08-2010, 07:27 PM
Congrats vickie!!

ontarget
03-08-2010, 10:06 PM
I just popped over to last week's thread to get caught up.

Nancy, you're a hoot! I'm glad you had the hot tub to use to warm up after your dip in the lake. :lol: I turned Curtis and me over in a high mountain lake up in Montana. We were in a canoe. Was it cold or what!

Sloan, I'm glad your dad's kidneys responded well. I am amazed that you can be on program with all you have going on in your life. Good stress and bad stress all at the same time. Take care of yourself.

Today I stayed op, chugged several glasses of water, and :ebike: for 30 minutes. I feel good about this.

ontarget
03-08-2010, 10:10 PM
I am like several of you and used to be timid about getting a massage. It's hard to explain but somehow I've changed. I thoroughly enjoy a good massage now.

sloanie
03-08-2010, 11:26 PM
Hey chicks, I managed to get in more liquid today! I had about 4 cups of green tea in addition to the other liquids that I drank. I'm trying to drink more green tea since it's supposed to have so many benefits. DH and DS got started with the painting today and got two coats on the ceiling and one coat on the walls of the new dining room. The color is awesome! The best part is that I did not have to do any painting ;)

I have a sweet story to tell. Last year my friend at school was losing her dad to leukemia so I knitted her a prayer shawl. If you have not heard of that, it is a wrap that is knitted and prayed over and is given to someone who is going through a tough time. My friend really loved it and even told me she was wearing it as she sat with her dad while he passed. Today, I received a gift bag with a card. I opened the card, and it was from my friend expressing her support and prayers for my dad. As you may have already guessed, the prayer shawl was in the gift bag. I can't tell you how much that meant to me!!! I can't think of anything anyone could have done for me that would have been more touching!!

Vickie, way to go!! Jenny is bound to be right. Great job!!

Rhonda, how's Doyle? I hope you are feeling okay :)

Angela, are you still making diaper covers? I hope you got to sew.

Sandra, I'm only half way op. I am walking every morning with my friend, though.

It's way past my bedtime, so I gotta go. Hey to the rest of you chickies! Sleep well.

Tejas
03-09-2010, 09:30 AM
Great story Sloan! What a lot of love is being passed around.

I'm in a rush to get to the gym. You know, I had never had a real massage until I moved to Toronto. There it seems that massage is more easily incorporated into an approach to good health. I went first to a massage training school. Then, I branched out to registered therapists, practicing on their own. I've never had a male massage therapist and probably wouldn't be comfortable with that. But, I've never really minded a female. I've always been treated professionally and with respect.

I quit going to male MDs as soon as I had a choice. But, I'm not opposed to male physicians, just more comfortable with a female who knows from her own experience what hormones can do to you!

Now, I'm off to see Todd, who is every bit a 21 year old male :lol:

Rhonda

Tejas
03-09-2010, 01:25 PM
Yoo hoo, where is everyone else?

I lost one of those two pounds that snuck back on. I'm having two low calorie days in a row and drinking lots of water. Since I lose about 1/2 pound a week, getting two back on is NOT acceptable. :tantrum: But, I'm optimistic that they are gone.

I read a mini-goal post from a man who lost 50 pounds in 90 days. Really, I hate men.

Speaking of men, DH is out like a light, after having said that the codeine cough medicine wasn't helping him. Yeah, right. He really needs rest, so I'm glad they have knocked him out for a while.

I broke a cusp off of a molar so I meet a new dentist tomorrow. I'm telling you, having to change my physician, dentist and hair dresser after 20 years is a shock! :lol:

Tomorrow, the Toronto friend whom I stayed with for a few months before I moved is coming here for a week. I'm excited to see her and to show her my new home and town. (Sandra, if she wants to see the surrounding area, we might drive down.)

Have a great day everybody.

Rhonda

beach bum
03-09-2010, 01:43 PM
HI Ladies:)

We're having another temp of 50's today but this time I'm going down to the beach to get my walking in. Its not as hilly as where I live.Its going to be another beach walking day,I got 30 mins of walking yesterday morning and other 30 mins with my friend in the afternoon.

Got on the scale for my W-I and I lost 2.5 lbs. My friends were right eat less and don't eat in-between meals.

Sunday night at bingo I won $35 dollars Was I surprised and my other friend had a bingo but didn't realized it until it was too late. Bingo is wearing off on us,and we're thinking of something else to do over the weekend.I think its what we're spending to much money on the game when its only a small fraction that you can win.

RHONDA-Thanks for starting us up yesterday.Sorry about your DH cough,hope he get some results.Have a great time at your gym. I don't mind having a male doctor,several of my friends have a woman and they are not pleased with her at all.All she does is talk & socializes with her patients.I'm lucky mine male doctor checks what wrong with you,tells you and than orders a med if you need them.

ROSE-I been eating light over the weekend and walla I lost 2.5 and not feeling hungry. My friends are correct along with me watching my carbs is helping also.

VICKIE-Congrats on your 1.5 loss If you going to buy a scale I recommend the Health O Meter Physicians Waist High Balance Beams one. They are expensive but very accurate.I love mine and I had it for 7 years,and its still running good.

SANDRA-I won a massage at a raffle and I give it to a neighbor as you felt funny to get one,well now if I only had that raffle ticket I would have applied the massage to my poor shoulder.

SLOANE-Thanks for sharing that wonderful story. Its amazing,how kindness is always rewarded.

Have a great afternoon

sloanie
03-09-2010, 04:17 PM
Good afternoon, chicks! My scale is up, so I'm trying to post what I'm eating on S_____ P____. I'm hoping some of my weight is the "phantom PMS of menopause" as Vickie puts it. My DD and DS are counting calories and have been pretty successful so far. My DD is posting to S_____ P_____, too. DS is using a special iPod app for calorie counting and really likes it. He has had a huge breakthrough and is eating apples!! Will wonders never cease?

Maryann, congrats on the loss and the $35.00. It's always fun to win! Let us know what adventure you are planning next!

Rhonda, sorry about Doyle but glad to hear about your friend's visit. Will you introduce her to "torture Todd"?

Hey to the rest of you chickies :) I'm off to the chiropractor later, so I'm killin' time at school until my appt. BBL

ontarget
03-09-2010, 07:03 PM
Rhonda, I hope ya'll do come down. That would be kewl! I have a lady dentist who's awesome. One spring when Curtis and I returned to Missoula, we found that our dentist had retired and our primary care physician had moved, so we were scrambling for new health care providers up there. Then we moved south and began all over. :lol: I know what you're going through. Doyle will probably feel a whole lot better after getting some rest. Makes me smile.

Sloan, that is such a beautiful story. I can feel the love you two are sharing.

Maryann, how about using your bingo bucks for a shoulder massage? Just an idea.

Rose, where are you, friend?

Vickie, did you buy new scales? Just wondering.

sloanie
03-09-2010, 10:11 PM
Just watched "Lost" with DD. I have had aprox. 1400 calories today, and I walked for 30 minutes. I hope to keep it up, and maybe I can have those extra pounds gone by summer break. I would really love that. Most of the time, I sabotage myself with night time eating. I'll need to do some planning to keep myself from doing that. Maybe I can plan some evening snacks.

I'm getting sooooo sleepy, so I'd better get off here. Have a good night, y'all!!

Tejas
03-09-2010, 11:07 PM
Hi All:

I subscribe to the Mayo Clinic e-newsletter and today's issue had something about plateaus. It said the obvious: don't go back to your old ways in frustration; increase exercise by 15-30 minutes a day; reduce calories but NOT lower than 1200 a day. So, there's the scoop.

It also said that it is a myth that overweight people have lower metabolism. They said that it is actually higher, in general.

Also, weight loss slows your metabolism, so you have to increase activity or decrease calories, or both.

I'm finding the myplate.com website very helpful.

Yes, Sloan, I'm taking my friend to the gym to workout and to meet Torture Todd! She'll be envious ;)

I hope you're all having a good night.

Rhonda

ontarget
03-09-2010, 11:28 PM
Rhonda, thank you for the scoop. That's good to know info.

Sloan, I did 30 min :ebike:. Baby steps. Life is good.

Tejas
03-10-2010, 09:06 AM
I forgot to say that they mentioned increasing the INTENSITY of your exercise, not only the time.

:exercise:

beach bum
03-10-2010, 05:59 PM
Hi Ladies

Late posting again,had so many things to do this morning,and than tomorrow is going to be the same thing.

With everything I had to do,I did manage to get my walking done by the beach and than again this afternoon to them mailbox.

Going to pick up my corned beef that I had the supermarket hold for me, for next Wednesday's Dinner.

SLOAN-Than ks for the congrats & winning the money. The girls want me to decide on our next adventure. I really don't have any idea, except a movie at our local cinema/pub that would be interesting.

SANDRA-That a good idea,never had a massage before I bet it would be a relaxing experience. Thanks for mentioning that.

RHONDA-Thanks for the scoop from the mayo clinic. I find that 1200calories is working wonders for me, I don't feel hungry anymore now that I disciplined myself to 1200 c.

Have to go start my supper have a great evening

nancy237
03-10-2010, 06:50 PM
I am soooo tired...

I have enjoyed having my son home this week...He is just as
much a "perpetual motion" person as he was as a kid. It feels
like 4 kids came home :D

Hubby and I are having TV wars.. I am a person that loves quiet.
When I am home alone I will go days without any radio or TV on.
At times I don't even want to use the washer/dryer and break the heavenly
quiet!!
Hubby (with his back & knee problems ) has the TV on all day in our
open floor plan house. I hide in the bedroom a lot to escape the noise.

One problem is when we discuss floor plans for our house when we get this sold .
No way do I want another open floor plan with his TV habit.
He says he will just watch less but I don't trust that will happen.

I am wondering about finding headphones so he can watch and use those.

ontarget
03-10-2010, 07:23 PM
I worked in the yard today after our hailstorm blew over. I wore knee high rubber boots cuz of all the standing water. Bluebirds perched close to their houses and watched me. Life is good.

Nancy, Curtis and I are both TV fanatics.

Maryann, a movie sounds like fun. Hard to beat.

RoseB
03-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Hi Ladies, I just got back looking at some retirement apartments. I do not intend to go to one for a few years but it was sure fun looking. They put on seminars every week or so and today was Wellness, Wise and Investing. They put on a beautiful lunch with lots of fruit etc. It is all free. It is a very expensive retirement apartment but out of this world. Wow.:D
On the 17th of March they are putting on a St. Patrick Day party, we are going to that also. The end of the month it is dinner and movie. I told her we would not be going for a few years yet and she said we want you to tell your friends etc. about us.

Sandra, hail storm in Texas.? We had weather in the 50's. Actually we have had a real easy winter this year.

Nancy, it seems like everyone likes the open floor plan, but it is nice to have some peace and quiet when you want it. Bungalow's are the popular house now in our region. Houses are a terrible price here in our area.

Rhonda that is interesting what you read from the Mayo Clinic. They always say never go under 1200 cal. I notice. My Dr. said to only lose 1 lb. a week on a average. He said you would maintain it easier after you are finished.

Mary Ann why do you think that you do not feel hungry. Maybe the carbs. I eat make me feel more hungry. I should watch them also. Congratulations on the weight dropping.

Waving to Sloan and Angela ,how does it go for you gals this fine day.

Take care all.
RoseB

Tejas
03-10-2010, 08:08 PM
Nancy, I can't stand the disembodied TV noise either, and never really have been able to. I also like quiet. So, with this new house, I said NO TV in the family room or LR. We're lucky that we have enough space that we can turn over one room to the huge TV. Even now, I have to remind DH to TURN IT DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck, and stand your ground.

The Mayo Clinic site said that lower than 1200 calories is likely to mean that you feel hungry a lot and will sabotage yourself. I am doing the 1200, and it's difficult. The 2 pounds that just appeared are now gone.

The storm that Sandra and I got was really something. It arrived just as I was meeting trainer #2 for a workout. It didn't happen, needless to say.

Maryann, a walk by the beach sounds wonderful. I hope you enjoyed it.

My friend arrives tonight and we'll be headed out to the airport to get her soon.

'night all,
Rhonda

Tejas
03-10-2010, 08:10 PM
Yes, Rose, I am sure that a slow loss is the way to go for the long run. But, sometimes the run feels very long.....

ontarget
03-10-2010, 09:16 PM
That hailstorm was over quickly. We had temps near 70 afterwards so I got to work in the yard. Life is good.

sloanie
03-10-2010, 09:47 PM
Hey chickies, I had a loooong day, and I'm really tired. I've read the posts, but I've got to get off here before I crash. Have a good night, y'all.

nancy237
03-10-2010, 10:28 PM
Rhonda..thanks for the support.
That makes me feel better about not wanting a TV
taking over my next house. I love the idea of a TV den
where he can go watch .

blessedwithsarah
03-11-2010, 08:59 AM
Hi everyone. Sorry for being MIA. I've been reading but really short on time when I do. I'm glad that everyone seems to be doing OK. I'm still working out 3 times a week. Its starting to pay off -- the outfit I'm wearing today really looks good ! :) The scale is still being stubborn but I'm going by how I feel and my clothes more. The # on the scale will catch up at some time.

I have my surgery tomorrow am -- for what ever reason I'm not nervous about it at all. Really want to have it over and done with - I'm glad I decided to have this done now. I'm really hoping that there isn't a hernia and its just a lipoma to be removed (basically a fat blob!). Tomorrow night DD has a Girl Scout ceremony that I really want to be able to attend. Its not until 4:30 so I'll have to wait and see how I feel. Not sure how long the affects of the anestesia will remain. All that I've read is that it could be anywhere form a couple hours to a couple days, depending on the person. The Saturday AM at 9 DD tests for her Yellow-2 belt in Karate.

Well, got to get moving. Busy day at work today with me being out tomorrow. Take care!

Vickie
03-11-2010, 11:09 AM
Good Morning Chicks! Sorry I haven't been around either. I don't know what's going on this week but I've been crazy stressed and busy. At least I'm not eating the stress.

I've been doing nonstop research on washers and dryers. Mine is nearly dead and must be replaced. I want a front load but I think I've decided I'm too afraid of the mold and mildew issues. I have a 3 step ranch and the laundry room is off the entrance hall on the way to the kitchen. I have a VERY sensitive nose and would be just completely freaked out if I could smell the yucky smell so many people complain of. Anyway, I may get a top loader but a high efficiency one. I've been doing all the research and there is no one perfect machine. Oh well. It gets worse when you are older and retired since I don't feel like financially I can afford to make a mistake. And I don't want to live with it. So, I think I've paralyzed myself! We have to go tomorrow to make the final decision. We also have space issues. Sigh. It's always something, isn't it?

I've been reading and trying to keep up. My thoughts are with all of you.

Paula, good luck tomorrow. I'll send up some prayers and good thoughts.

aghiowa
03-11-2010, 12:02 PM
Hi all! I'm still around - just battling a mild chest congestion/cough thing. It's no fun when massively pregnant because my lungs are already squished into a teeny little space. I noticed when I sit back in my recliner, I wheeze or whistle when I exhale. And every time I cough, I wet myself. Fun!!

Nancy, we also have a very open floor plan, and I also am quite sensitive to noise. I didn't really think the noise thing through when we designed the place. We also have very high ceilings and wood floors, so it sounds like we live in a gym or something sometimes. I have to constantly remind the kids they don't have to yell when I'm right next to them, and have to ask dh to turn the TV down all the time. Oh well. :)

Vickie, I feel the same way you do with a washer/dryer, but about buying a stroller/car seat combo. I am paralyzed between two different choices. Sometimes you just have to stop reading reviews and go with your gut.

It's been in the 50's here just this week and it's been heavenly! The snow is melting, and we had our first thunderstorm of the year last night! :cheer: Spring is truly coming! Now we have a month or so of mud, and then we can enjoy green grass, flowers, and trees budding. Which reminds me, I'm almost out of my allergy medicine...time to go get more. :lol:

I recorded the movie "Yentl" off of TV last night, so I may spend some time this afternoon resting and watching that. I have a million things I could do, but none of them are pressing and I feel like resting. So there!

Angela

blessedwithsarah
03-11-2010, 12:18 PM
Vickie -- my MIL has a front loading washer. She does not like it as much as a top loader. She can't really soak things easily. Thats one thing to consider. She has not had problems with mildew. I have a Matag Cabrio top loading machine. Got it about 2 years ago. I love it! It has automatic settings on load size -- it knows based on the clothes you put in what size it is. Its also holds an extra large load. One other thing it has a Whitest White setting -- not sure how it does it, but I've never had whites so white! Just sharing!

Vickie
03-11-2010, 12:49 PM
Thanks, Angela. You're right. I'm done reading. My gut is telling me top load.

Paula, do you have a Whirlpool Cabrio or a Maytag? The one I'm looking at is a Whirlpool Cabrio.

beach bum
03-11-2010, 02:14 PM
Hi Ladies:)

It looks like it going to rain very shortly,should have gotten my walking done but I had to go to the butchers to pick up my corned beef. This afternoon I have choir rehearsal. Will ride on my bike when I get back,as I think EATING LESS AND EXERCISING MORE IS THE KEY TO LOSING.

Just had a call from one of my friends and we decided to go for Chinese on Sunday to the restaurant in town called The Dragon King.Haven't had Chinese in along time,have to be careful of the sodium or my Mon W-I will be in Jeopardy.

NANCY-Sorry you exposed to all that noise,but I must agree with your DH I like to have the radio & TV on. I guess I just need company to a quite home.

SLOAN-Plans change we are going for Chinese this weekend.

ROSE-Thanks for the congrats.Along with eating less and exercising more I believe it has to be the carbs.also. When I don't have the pasta, rice or potatoes I don't have that hungry feeling.I not saying to give them up but have them in 1/2 cups.

RHONDA-I love walking along the beach ,but some times it s to windy to walk down there. Can't want for Spring to come and I can get the the beach more often.

PAULA-Sending prayers your way for a successful surgery.

VICKIE-Good Luck in finding the machines that your looking for. I go from Whirlpool to Kenmore they are both excellent machines.

Have to get ready for my choir rehearsal,have a great afternoon & evening.

sloanie
03-11-2010, 05:54 PM
Hey chicks. I have stayed under 1400 calories for two days, and I think I've already lost! During this perimenopause phase it's really hard to judge water weight, though. I feel puffy a lot (rings and belly) but have not had TOM since right after Christmas. This time of life is kinda confusing :dizzy:

Paula, I'm praying for an easy time for you tomorrow. If you do indeed have a hernia, try to take it easy. You need to take time to heal.

Maryann, I hope the weather is nice enough for you to walk on the beach soon. Also, Chinese food sounds sooooooo good. Have a great time.

Vickie, good luck with your new purchase. Let us know what you decide to do and how you like your new machine. Oh yea, glad to have you back on here.

Angela, how was your movie? I hope you feel better :getwell:

Nancy, I'm like Sandra. The TV is on most of the time in my house. In fact, DD, DS, and I all study with the TV on to help us concentrate! If it's quiet my mind wanders. The idea of a TV viewing room is a great idea, though.

Hi Sandra, Rhonda, and Rose. Hope you all are having a fabulous afternoon. Come join me on the deck for a glass of wine !:cheers:

nancy237
03-11-2010, 10:11 PM
PAULA.. Praying for you tomorrow. Are you headed in at the crack of dawn?? You may have said and I missed it. You will feel great that it is behind you. Take those pain pills if you need them..and sleep it off:dizzy:

VICKIE ...
I have a maytag I love but the one before it was Whirlpool and lasted 18 years.
This one has a widemouth opening(tub) that makes it tons easier to load and unload. Everytime I use it I am thankful for that feature.

ANGELA resting is a good thing..no excuses needed.
that baby knows you are resting and probably takes a nap too!!
Hope you are feeling better tomorrow

Robin has been sweet about the TV now that I told him it was driving me batty. I had hours of quiet this afternoon while I cooked. So nice.
I am coming upstairs more to read & relax. We are also thinking about looking at headphones for using some. Sometimes I enjoy the TV and sometimes it stresses me. Depends on my mood.

ontarget
03-11-2010, 10:35 PM
Paula, good luck tomorrow. We'll all be with you in spirit.

Vickie, did you decide on your washer/dryer?

Angela, I remember seeing photos of your home. It's gorgeous!

Nancy, headphones is a great idea. That way ya'll can have the best of both worlds.

Sloan, I subbed today. Now I'm on the puter in front of the TV. Do you compute while watching?

Tejas
03-12-2010, 12:30 AM
Friend is here...worn out, having fun, ate too much :lol:

Paula, good luck tomorrow...we'll all be thinking of you.

I'll have to catch up later!

'night,
Rhonda

ps: I love my front loaders. They look like space ships with lots of lights and dials...and no mildew. But, to each her own!

sloanie
03-12-2010, 08:35 AM
Sandra, yes, I compute while watching TV. I can even read a book and watch TV. I think it's the ADD. Some ADDers report that multi-tasking helps them focus. How was the subbing?

I've already walked, and now I'm drinking a 20 oz. bottle of water. My scale said 135.8 this morning which is better than the 137-138 that it has been saying since November. I'm going to keep using S. P. I really like how it gives a breakdown of carbs, fats, and proteins so you can see where you need to make changes. I'm staying very close to Core, then using the S.P. to help me keep up with the calories/nutrition.

Since no one joined me for that glass of wine yesterday, I may have to have another one and invite y'all again today. Come on down!!!

Vickie
03-12-2010, 09:37 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I was up all night. Dinner did not agree with me.

Paula, I'm thinking of you and praying for a good outcome.

Today is washing machine/dryer shopping day. I'm sick from nerves. Today will be bad, but installation day will be worse because that's when I'll find out if it fits in the space. And the Sears delivery men are not great. I'm buying the 5 year warranty on each piece just to be safe.

I really need to walk but I probably won't.

blessedwithsarah
03-12-2010, 12:15 PM
Hi everyone, I'm home already. Everything went really well and quick - when we got there at 7:45, they were moving me up as someone was being delayed. So I was done and out of recovery by 10:30, home by 11:30. The best part is no hernia, just a large lipoma. So the recovery should be quick. I should be able to go to the Y on Tuesday to do the treadmill. Need to keep still today - which I'm already feeling ansy. Thank you all for your positive thoughts and prayers!! You are a great bunch of chickies!!!

Vickie -- it is a Whirlpool. Hope you find what you like.

Have a good day!

beach bum
03-12-2010, 01:40 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Today is going to be my day of rest,just don't feel like doing anything today,except to pay my bills.

Heard that the rain is going to hold off until tonight so I'm going down to the beach and get my walking done,but this time I'm going back to my reg beach parking lot as the big pot whole by the gate is now fixed.

After my walk I met a friend and we gabbed until it was lunch time,I found out that we are now going for Chinese this even instead of Sunday. I'm grateful for that,now I can wash any sodium out of my system with extra water so my Mon W-I should be fine.

SLOAN-I got my walking done,but only for 20 mins, the wind down by the beach was awful.Have to use my bike for another 20 mins.Congrats getting the scale to move downward.

PAULA-Glad that everything went fine,and your on your way to recoup. I haven't been on my treadmill for over a year,don't know if I could ever use it again,until I get my legs stronger. My Machine is a manual.

Have a great afternoon,and weekend.

ontarget
03-12-2010, 03:31 PM
Paula, I'm glad everything went well. What a relief! And you'll be exercising by Tuesday? Amazing!

Rhonda, looks like the weather is cooperating for your friend's visit. That's great. Enjoy every minute.

Sloan, I'll have some wine with you. :woohoo: on your weight's being down. I outweight you by a bunch. Oh, well, life goes on.

Vickie, join us for some wine. Sounds like you are needing it. (I do, too.)

I've been working in the yard today. It's hard to tell what I've gotten done, though. I grilled some pork loins today and made some mashed sweet potatoes. We feel spoiled.

Have a great day, everyone.

Tejas
03-12-2010, 05:27 PM
I'm going to a wine tasting tonight...see you there!

I took my friend shopping and she bought boots, of course.

I need a nap :yawn:

sloanie
03-12-2010, 07:33 PM
Hey chicks. TGIF!!! I've already had my wine and dinner. Sorry I couldn't wait for you chicks, but DH had already started on the wine when I got home, so I had to get my glass before it was all gone. I still have 150 calories to eat to get to 1200. I've been eating lean cuisine spa cuisine for lunch, and they are really good. They have plenty of protein and a good sized serving of rice/noodles. DD and I really like the asian style one with peanut sauce.

Maryann, have a good time tonight!

Vickie, I hope you get to relax! I agree with Sandra, you need to join us with a glass of wine. Let us know how it's going.

Rhonda, enjoy your wine tasting. DH and I have been getting a semi-sweet red wine from a winery in east Tennessee. It is lite and has a good grape taste. Hope you have a great time.

Sandra, your pork loin and potatoes sounds yummy! We had egg sandwiches with soy burger patties. They were really good and filling.

Nancy, I'm glad you and Robin have come to an understanding about the TV. Reading and relaxing sounds so good to me! I've been listening to books on my iPod while I'm working on the house, but that's not very relaxing !

Paula, I'm so glad you did not have a hernia! You're right, this will be easy to recover from. Try not to get too active today and tomorrow. You don't want the area to start swelling. That will make it uncomfortable.

Hey Angela!

I came home from school today and painted for a while before starting dinner. DH just started in on the kitchen, so I've gotta go. TTFN

sloanie
03-13-2010, 07:50 AM
Mornin' chicks! I'm gonna paint, paint, paint, today. Have a great day, y'all!!!

Vickie
03-13-2010, 10:49 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm on my weekend marathon. I've got a birthday party today and puppy intros tomorrow. I've a ton to do before the party, including my exercise that I've only managed to fit in once this week so far. I've planned my meals today and left 300 calories for nibbling/tasting at the party and it can be primarily fat/protein. I'm thinking it'll be veggies and dip and maybe a taste of whatever meat they are serving.

I decided on the energy star top load Whirlpool Cabrio and matching dryer. They say it is very water efficient even though it doesn't require HE detergent. It doesn't come until next Saturday so I'm going to try not to worry until then about whether or not it will fit/work until then. I bought the 5 year extended warranty (for a fortune) on both so I don't have to worry if I get a lemon or two.

Angela and Paula, I hope you are feeling better. Love and hugs to the rest of you!

Vickie
03-13-2010, 10:49 AM
P.S. Now I have the whitest whites option like Paula!

sloanie
03-13-2010, 10:52 AM
Vickie, I need that whitest whites option! Can I come over?

beach bum
03-13-2010, 11:00 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

The rain is here,so there's not beaching walking today. Had a wonderful time at the Chine restaurant. Order shrimp lo mein and the size of the plate of noodles was unbelievable I only have 1/4 and took the rest home.

Today I'm going to do the laundry and than find the mistake in the checkbook I'm off $9.12,That's not a transposition,I'm not sure of the rule [if it divides into nine] looked and it not a service charge.Oh well I just have to figure it out myself.

SLOANE-Had a good time talking and didn't fin ish my dinner. Glad as I was afraid of all the sodium in that dish. Now I shouldn't have any problems a Mon W-I.

Have to go get ready for today's chores

ontarget
03-13-2010, 12:06 PM
Sounds like everyone's having a busy day. We are, too. We got up this AM and watched bluebird activities around their houses and sparrows around theirs. What a hoot!

We're leaving in a few minutes to go watch Southern Sectionals Archery Championship in Ft. Worth. We're not competing. Our nerves are still not steady enough to aim at a small target. I'm still taking anti depressants but am trying to "chill out." I'm more my normal self. The past few days my eating has been horrendous. I will do better beginning right now.

Ya'll have a wonderful weekend. Vickie, enjoy the party. Sloan, make sure you are eating enough to keep up your strength for painting. And, Maryann, enjoy your day. Are you and your gf's going to a movie?

nancy237
03-13-2010, 02:18 PM
We finally have a date set April 14th for DH double knee replacements.
He has lost 40 pounds on Nutrisystem and we are getting ready to
tranfer over to things we can find at the grocery store that are close in calories/fat/protein/fiber. The hardest to find may be the little muffins he likes
because the NS ones have protein in them.

Then we are going to slowly switch to home cooked meals with a
few frozen entress here and there.

I am off to BJs for groceries

I keep going back and forth between 142 and 143.. Maybe walking since the weather is better will help.

Vickie
03-13-2010, 02:38 PM
Nancy, check out Vitatops. They taste awesome and have lots of nutritional goodies. I find my in the freezer at my Jewel in the organic section.

Huge congrats to your DS. http://www.vitalicious.com/store-vitatops.html

blessedwithsarah
03-13-2010, 04:14 PM
Happy rainy Saturday everyone. Vickie - you'll love the Cabrio. Mine doesn't require the HE soap, I recall reading about it when I bought mine, but not sure if it was an optional thing or not. You'll have the best WHITES!!!

Sloan, you're right about the swelling. I've been icing my abdomin off and on since yesterday. I've only needed advil, not the vicadin they prescribed me, so thats good. I'm going to keep low today and tomorrow. On Tuesday I'm going to just do the treadmill.

Nancy, glad you have a date for DH and that he's done so well on NS. The Vitatops are wonderful!

Raining like crazy here - will be through tomorrow. Not much else going on. Have a good night everyone. Don't forget to turn your clocks back tonight!!!

sloanie
03-13-2010, 06:35 PM
Can you die from painting? I think I'm going to! Ooowwwwwww!

ontarget
03-13-2010, 06:59 PM
Sloan, drink more wine. That'll revive you.

sloanie
03-13-2010, 07:20 PM
Sandra, I did the stupidest thing! I took some ibuprofen, so now I can't drink any wine. What was I thinking? I just finished logging in my food on SP, and I have had about 1100 calories. I'm about to have a 100 cal pack of choc mint cookies (my stand in for the wine). I have finished my part of the painting for today, so I'm off to the shower after I eat my cookies!!

nancy237
03-13-2010, 08:51 PM
Aren't those 100 calorie packs great. I see more and more at the stores every week.

I am really good about only having a pack at night when I have stayed on track with my calories.

My favorite are the nabisco chocolate covered pretzels.
If I bought a pound bag I would eat every one of them, but the 100
calorie bags let me know when to stop.

Today I bought 100 cal oreo cakey things.. Very good.

I noticed a lot of things today at the store that look like they would be single serving size (like a fruit cup the size of a yogart cup) that actually are 2 servings. I read all the labels and still almost got fooled by the fruit cups
...thinking they were 1/2 the calories that they really were.

sloanie
03-13-2010, 09:07 PM
Nancy, the chocolate mint cookies were really good. Almost as good as girl scout thin mints. I recently at a whole box of those in about 2 days :( Obviously the 100 calorie pack was a better choice. I try to check the number of servings on items, but I agree that it easy to get fooled. No wonder we are a country of overweight people. The food industry really takes advantage of people!

Did you really like the oreo cakes? I may try them. DH has been whining about cornbread all night, so I'm going to make him some. He'll probably be asleep when it's done. :dizzy:

TTFN

Tejas
03-14-2010, 01:51 AM
:wave: :grouphug:

Rhonda

Vickie
03-14-2010, 10:23 AM
Good Morning Chick!

Rhonda, what were you doing up at 1:00 in the morning waving at us! Happily, I was sleeping.

I did well last night but not perfect. Today will be a better day. I get to meet my new puppy in about 5 hours and I'm excited. I'm going to go eat breakfast and get ready to go. Have a great day.

sloanie
03-14-2010, 11:05 AM
Hey y'all, you'll never guess what I'm doing today-paint, paint, paint. It's lookin' good, so far. We are really tired, but we absolutely must finish the kitchen today. Everything in there is covered with plastic, and that makes it a little difficult to cook/eat.

Vickie, what breed of puppy are you getting? I hope you post pics, soon!

GTG get on my painting clothes. Wish me luck!

Vickie
03-14-2010, 11:42 AM
A Scottie, of course! ;) :D

No other breed in the world for me. I've had a Scottie in my life every year since I was 18. That's a LOOOOOONG time!

beach bum
03-14-2010, 11:46 AM

Oh what a day we had at Mass this morning. What was going to be a Irish Mass for our Patriot Saint & name of our church St Patrick and Our Lady.We were planning to sing our Lady Of Knock,and that some Irish songs for the recessional hymns to leave the church. But one perisher stopped it all,and the choir was very very angry at this one person.

It all started at rehearsal on Thursday when he come into the church and told our choir director that he being Irish from the other side was very insulted that we sang the songs all wrong. When we asked him if he would sing it for us correctly he said he didn't know the words. Our director told out Monsignor and he just told her that the man is a nut.Way didn't he tell her to play them just the same. Here I'm in this parish for 12 years and nothing like this ever happened before.I going to ask the director/organist to Play Our Lady Of Knock for Leo's Mass this Wednesday.I don't care if I insult the nut case or not.

Now that I'm calming down,Thanks for listening if your got that far.

SANDRA-We didn't get to the movie this week,maybe next.It was the Chinese restaurant and because I didn't indulge on the lo mein I lost the sodium that I was expecting just by drinking enough water and my weight is down again.

NANCY-That fantastic that your dh lost 40 lbs on Nytrisystem. Is he going to stay on that plan once he loses the weight??? Reason I asked I was going to try a food plan,but that I decided to to eat reg food but eat less and skip the in between meals exercise, drink my water faithfully and than I should do ok.Vickie is right those Vita muffin tops are great and they have 5=6 fibers in them the more fiber the less you want to eat. I also use vita muffins.I also love those 100 cal snack but I go the way of the salty ones instead.

VICKIE-Di you ever try the Vita cakes & brownie both for only 100c.The a bit pricey but if you like the high fiber quality of this tasty snacks it worth the money.

With all you gals talking about tasty cookies and small 100 snacks I going to have sliver of soda bread before my meal. Have a nice afternoon

ontarget
03-14-2010, 12:01 PM
Rhonda, I'm just now waving back atcha. Have fun with your friend. Is she going to the gym with you?

Sloan, stay away from the ibuprophen today so you can have your wine tonight. You sound very happy even though you're tired.

Vickie, do you have a name for your new puppy? I'm so happy for you and Jim. Makes me smile.

Maryann, you're a feisty lady, aren't you? I LOVE IT!! Don't you worry one minute about the nutcase. Congratulations on getting your weight back down.

We're off to church in a few minutes. Curtis is going to go fishing this afternoon at a local lake (new boat) and I'm going to shoot some arrows outside at the long distances. Then I'm going to feed rosebushes and perennials. Life is good.

Tejas
03-14-2010, 01:17 PM
Hi All:

I was up at 1AM because we had just returned from taking care of the Grandkids while their parents went out for a play. We took our friend with us and we didn't get home until late.

I have a great NSV. We went to a Texas style roadhouse (Babe's) for dinner...took the kids and our friend..and had chicken fried steak. They are the size of platters. I cut off about 1/4 of it and ate only that and veggies. No butter, no rolls, no gravy, no dessert!

I've read everyone's posts...keep up the good work everyone..painting, shooting arrows, fighting back against the crazies..good for your DH, Nancy...mine is thinking about Nutrisystem.

I need a nap....

Rhonda

Vickie
03-14-2010, 01:31 PM
Way to go, Rhonda!

nancy237
03-14-2010, 02:48 PM
Sloan..They are called Nabisco Oreo Mini-Cakesters and they are
REALLY good.. Portions are small of course but you get 3 decent
size little cookie/cupcakes with icing in the middle.

Maryann.. The plan is to transfer to grocery store equivalents next month.
We are going to use frozen entrees, low calorie soups, granola bars, 100 calorie snacks and low calorie muffins along with the foods he has already been adding.
(fruit,dairy,salads)

I am going to start making dinners that will fit the calories he is allowed
(about 500). Suggestions welcome.

Vickie
03-14-2010, 08:34 PM
Nancy, did you see my post about the vitatops?

nancy237
03-14-2010, 08:55 PM
Yes Vickie , sorry I forgot to thank you.

I looked at the site and it is a great relief to know where to order
these if I cannot find them locally.
:hug:

So many great flavors too!!!

Nutrisystem muffins are usually 150...so I don't know if I should get the 100 tops
or 200 calorie muffins..

I also found out that a lot of the grocery store muffin mixes have a
low calorie optional recipe on the back. (most use egg whites and applesauce
for the oil)

ontarget
03-14-2010, 10:26 PM
Okay, all this talk about eating right is working. Thank you. Here I go again. Life is good.

sloanie
03-14-2010, 11:09 PM
Hi chicks! The kitchen painting is done. So far we have completed the painting in the new dining room and the kitchen. We still have to paint the breakfast room, hall, and living/family room. DS is helping a lot. Hopefully we will be ready for our new flooring in a couple of weeks.

Vickie, I'm so excited about your new puppy! Is it a male or female? How long till he/she comes home with you?

Sandra, I didn't take ibuprofen, but did not have my wine either. We've been so busy that we did not get a new bottle when we ran out :(

Rhonda, I'm glad you are getting to enjoy your friend and your family.

Maryann, don't let the crazies get you down! It's funny that the guy said you weren't singing the songs correctly yet he could not sing the songs himself.

Nancy, sounds like y'all have a good plan. When is Robin's surgery?

Hey to the rest of you chickies!

I've got to go to bed. 5 am will come a little earlier in the morning!! Nighty, night.

nancy237
03-14-2010, 11:27 PM
I am officially senile .

I have "Sub Photo" in my calender for 11 tomorrow and I have no idea
what it means. :yikes:

I wonder what I am going to miss...

RoseB
03-15-2010, 12:27 AM
Hi all: Nothing too exciting happening here, it has been amazing winter for us, only had light snow for about 2 days.

We went to a retirement building, gosh, just like a resort. It was fun we had seminars and lots of fruit, cakes and coffee served. We are not planning to go for a long time, but they have free seminars so it is fun to go and they encourage people to come. St. Patrick's day they are having a party and we will go. What a place, but rather expensive. It cost about $50,000 a year to go. Guess I will have to save my money. :dizzy:

We did not get to Church this morning as I did not sleep well last night. No reason, just did not feel sleepy. I think I dozed when I was watching TV and that was the problem.

I have been busy working on Genealogy for other people. I want to finish up before we start to go to the cottage. The INTERNET is not good in the woods it takes you hours to do anything. Last year we did not bother with the INTERNET at the lake except to pay bills etc.

Sloanie, sounds like you are having a fun time with the painting. My hubby usually does all the painting, thank heavens. I do not enjoy doing it.

Vicki a new puppy in your life. Did you name it yet?

Nancy, I wonder if I can find muffins like that in Canada. I must check the back of the box.

Rhonda, you are so good at the dieting. It is hard when you go out to eat though. Is your hubby feeling better.

Sandra hope you take pictures of you and Rhonda when you do get to see her.

Mary Ann there is always someone at the Church that seems to be always causing a problem.

Well good folk take care and do not take any wooden nickels as my Dad always said.
Blue Skies,
RoseB

beach bum
03-15-2010, 10:59 AM

Oh another day of rain,and than a day of drying up tomorrow and on than on Wednesday St.Patrick's Day. will be sunny and so the remainder of the week.Got on the scale & I lost another pound this week,I guess the 1200 c is working.

SANDRA-We are going to something about this guy.Next week we are going to sing the Irish songs,regard less of what he says.I would have done it this week but she a new director and didn't want to make waves.Hope Curtis caught some fish for a good dinner.

RHONDA-Big Congrats on your NSV,you did fantastic.I guess [that late night + DST=One tired woman.] Try to rest up from your long weekend.

NANCY-Sounds like a good plan. Portion size is working for me,even if its very very slow.Go on the net and find 500 c menu plan I'm sure they're something out there that will fit your needs.

SLOAN-That what he said, the Monsignor told us that hes nuts,but what I don't understand is why he didn't let us play the Irish song anyway.

ROSE-I know some think they're holy er that thou,but we shouldn't have listen to him and should have gone on with the program anyway.

Have to go and get my laundry done.