Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-07-2010, 11:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 196/134.1/125

Height: 5'2"

Talking Nsv!!!

OK, so I have plateaued for about the last month or so. Really its my fault. I haven't been exercising as often as I should and I've been allowing myself more cheats than usual. I really think the cold, dreary February was just getting to me. I'm just glad I haven't gained!!

Anyway, tonight my hubby and I went out to dinner for his birthday. Oh, it was amazing! beef tenderloin, buttery mashed potatoes, snap peas, and wine. Even after "saving" my calories for the day, I think I ended up being 500 calories over my allowance today. I'm not going to beat myself up over it, because we were celebrating.

We start softball a week from tomorrow and I am always so sore the week we start. Last year I had just started this journey when softball started, so I was pretty much at my highest weight. At dinner, my hubby and I were talking about how we really need to get back on the wagon and work out well this week to try to prevent our soreness next week. We decided to go for a run after we got home from dinner. (well, like an hour after...gotta let food settle) We decided this was the best workout because, well last year I kind of pulled a muscle in my quad on my first run down the first baseline.

I have to preface by saying I AM NOT A RUNNER. I think the longest distance I have every run at one time was 2 miles and it was in middle school. My workout routine consists of the elliptical and 30DS and Wii Fit. Anyway, we decided to run to this park and back a few blocks away from our house. I was FINE! I could have gone farther, but my hubby isn't in as good of shape as I am. (he doesnt' work out as much as I do) When we got back, we guessed it was probably only about 0.5 mile to go there and back. I was really curious, so I decided to get in my car and drive it. IT WAS A MILE!!

I can't believe I ran a mile on a whim after a lazy month and a HUGE meal AND I really wasn't very tired. This feels like a major milestone for me. I can remember just HATING to run the mile even back in grade school.

Anyway, I just had to share. Sorry this was so long!!
meagm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/191/125

Height: 4'11

Congrats!

I know exactly what you mean. In middle school I practically died whenever we had to run the mile (I think 15 minutes was my best ever..I walked a lot of it, lol). But last year I decided to measure out a mile loop on Livestrong, and was amazed that I not only survived to tell the tale, but I was actually feeling pretty good afterward. Just goes to show that once you've decided to really commit to being healthier, everything else tends to fall into place.
Morgan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:21 AM   #3  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

great job! That must give you a lot of motivation to continue and keep with your plan now....keep up the great work!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

NSV stands for Non Scale Victory.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 282/282/145

Height: 5' 5''

HOORAY for YOU! Isn't it great when you hit your stride in terms of physical fitness? It feels so good. Keep it up!
ThinkinThin is offline   Reply With Quote