WW Clubs and Groups - #229 Bale of Turtles Looking Forward to Spring!

Itryharder
03-07-2010, 10:38 AM
:carrot::welcome3: We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Itryharder
03-07-2010, 10:41 AM
Hi Turtles,
Today is a warm and bright and sunny day here in NY. I've had a tough pity-filled week. That dopey gain of .2# enabled me to go right ahead and gain 4#. Ugh. I am promising myself that today will be a good day. I need to slow down the carbs and beef up the lean protein. When I do that and increase the veggies and fruit, I should be able to shake some of this weight. Wish me luck!

Have a great Sunday and post when you can.
Judy
234.6/192.4/189 and closer to goal weight :cool:

Itryharder
03-07-2010, 02:23 PM
I just read an interesting article in a weekly ladies magazine about fitness and not "dieting." They suggest choosing three things that aren't hard for you to do and do them weekly. Next week, drop those (or keep them) and add a couple more. Change things up. Here are some suggestions and I hope someone finds them helpful. I'm going to try a couple myself.
Smaller plates, more veggies, colorful foods, time carbs for morning---not evening, stay well hydrated, fill up in the morning, eat protein every 4 hours, watch out for hydrogenated oil, high-fructose corn syrup and trans fats, stir in flavor boosters like turmeric, ginger, curry, chili, and cayenn, trade mayo for yogurt, focus on your positives, get more sleep, nix "there's no time" thinking, tell yourself "just two more pounds",pinpoint your "why" you want to lose weight, attack household chores with vigor, practice a little self-compassion, please, outsmart portion distortion, track your snacks, enjoy some healthy competition.
Hey, I don't think you'll like all of these, but hopefully something will spark a reason to track and concentrate on the task at hand and we'll all be thinner and more fit by July 1!!!!!!

here's to the turtles. we're great! :cheers:
Judy
234.6/192.4/189 and thinner :cool:

bandit2
03-08-2010, 12:11 PM
Happy Monday to all you turtles:

It sounds like we are all struggling one way of another. Maybe we need to set some goals for this week to get us all back on track & drop these pounds once & for all.

This week I am going to: get back to my walking/swimming, stay within my daily points & cook a point-friendly recipe that I love!
That would be veggie pie - haven't made that in awhile & it goes with any kind of meat.

I really feel for all you turtles that are finding this journey difficult - it really does get you down some days.a

But this is a new week so lets get down to it. We know how much better we feel when we lose at the scales, get in our exercise & plan our meals properly.
So, lets all have a great week!

Itryharder
03-08-2010, 05:55 PM
Hi TUrtles,
Bandit :cheer: you're our cheerleader this week! Thanks! I needed that!
Yesterday and today the points were much better. I got on the :tread: and will skip today. I'm just feeling so tired. I think I've been eating too many carbs.

Good to see your post! Have a great week! You've got it planned out for the most success. Love that veggie pie.

I bought some fresh asparagus and can't wait to have some for dinner along with a small burger and a small sweet potato. Sounds good. Popcorn for a later night snack will work and I'll be sailing homefree.
Judy

bandit2
03-09-2010, 12:29 PM
Hi Judy - I made some sweet potatoe friends last night with my chicken, so good! Am making my veggie pie tonight, always such a good thing to go with everything.

Got in a walk last night (20 laps - since my knee is still sore) and had sauna for a change, then hot-tub & swim. I know this isn't good for you, but I went and signed up for some tanning sessions & did 5 minutes after my swim. Felt so good, my body needs some sun/warmth on it. Even though we have had a mild winter, seems like forever since I have been in the sunshine.
I usually go on a winter trip, but it didn't happen this year - so am missing the sun.

Hope everyone is having a better week than last one.

bandit2
03-09-2010, 12:30 PM
OK - need to check my typing. I meant to say "fries"

Itryharder
03-09-2010, 06:51 PM
Hi Turtles,
Bandit, :cheers: and :bravo: for the exercise and hot tub. Sounds yummy--so do your sweet potato fries!

I'm making black bean burgers for dinner tonight. I've done well today and had a huge salad for lunch which is staving off some hunger. That was a good thing to do!

WI tomorrow and I'm hoping for a decent :goodscale:
Judy
234.6/192.4/189 and closer to goal :cool:

Itryharder
03-10-2010, 01:39 PM
Hi TUrtles,
After a very emotional week where I had a meltdown last Wed. WI because I was up .2# instead of down 1#, and the overeating I allowed myself to do and the pity I poured on myself, I had a great WI today.
I weighed in at 191.8# which is my absolute lowest weight in ten years. I am so happy that I have learned some things. One of the things I learned is that it's always time to track and put the good skills I've learned back into practice. The "overeating" I did was easily accounted for within my 35 extra points and it all worked out great.

I'm sending :goodvibes: to all of us because I can tell from the posts that we're having tough times. Here's :grouphug: and :love: and :bravo: to all of us since we know what to do and we can and will keep on keepin' on!
I, for one, can't wait to break 190# on the WW scale. :goodscale:

Love you all,
Judy
234.6/191.8/189 and closer to goal :cool:

bandit2
03-11-2010, 10:21 AM
Judy - congratulations! Wonderful news - I am sooooooooo proud of you.
Goes to show that sticking at this & doing your best really pays off.

Itryharder
03-11-2010, 03:15 PM
Thank you Bandit. It's good to hear from you and the Turtles.
Love,
Judy
234.6/191.8/189 and closer to goal

Lin S
03-12-2010, 12:36 PM
Hi,

So, I didn't make my goal of posting at least every other day. I'm sorry to have raised all your hopes for erudite wisdom from me. :lol: OTOH, I lost 2 pounds and am very happy about that. It's keeping me more or less on an even keel, which is good for this month since work is so super swamped right now.

Bandit, it's always great to read your encouraging posts. It sounds like you're doing well. I'm looking forward to more from you later. :)

Judy-next time you're up a bit, instead of down, please do the math before you have the meltdown--or as a way to stop the meltdown from causing further damage. .2 pounds is 3.2 ounces. That's probably due to natural weight fluctuation. It's disappointing not to lose, but don't let those tiny gains that aren't really gains get out of proportion in your head. If you can keep it in perspective, you'll be more likely to do what you need to do to turn that maintain, which is what it really is, into a loss at your next weighin. Didn't mean to lecture, but this is a pattern you seem to get into and it's not helping your cause, as it were. :hug: :hug: :hug: And KUDOS :carrot::carrot::carrot: for turning it around this time into a great loss!

I, too, had a tough week re: tracking points. I've been trying to be very aware of my eating pattern, but haven't been tracking as carefully. I expect that if I let that continue, I won't continue to turn the gaining I was doing into losing. I also need to work harder at making time to do some exercising when I work from home. I have to work from home some days in order to get food cooked for my mom. Anyway, this week tracking will be a higher priority, along with exercise and planning my menus better.

The one habit I'd started, but have fallen out of doing is not finishing everything if I get full. I have a real issue with not cleaning my plate. And I feel like I "should" eat the points. And I have trouble deciding how many points I "actually ate" if I leave food on my plate. Don't want to cheat myself out of food, doncha know? :lol::rolleyes: So, that's something else I have to work on, especially if I get stuck in a situation where I'm eating in a restaurant that's fast, but the food isn't particularly satisfying. I tend to overeat in those situations, looking for the satisfaction I get from really good ingredients, prepared well.

Tomorrow we have Tables for Eight and I just estimate points. I'm bringing dessert because I wasn't interested in making a salad and someone else already picked appetizers. Sunday we're going to treat ourselves to brunch at a favorite restaurant and then later, meeting our children at another restaurant to celebrate my ddil's birthday. So, challenging weekend, but I know I can handle it if I rely on the things I've learned the weeks I've done really well.

I hope to check in more often this week. And I hope the rest of you will keep posting. It really helps. I do read your posts, even if I don't always have time to post myself.

Keep on turtlin'! :balloons:
:chef: :coffee: :comp: :write: :book2: :corn:

Itryharder
03-12-2010, 06:02 PM
Lin, so good to hear from you! Great input!
:bravo: in advance for planning to do the right thing this weekend. I know you can do it. :balloons:
Today I'm planning on eating some extra points out of my 35point allowance and I've already gotten on the :tread: and I boosted my hand held weights from 3# to 5#. Oh----I can feel the difference. LOL.
Saw my friend for lunch---had BLT on roll, hold the mayo----I checked out the amount of bacon----not much, but I still knocked off some pieces and it still tasted good. Got home and dh wanted pizza, so we had a very early dinner. I'll be hanging out with eggwhites later tonight and maybe some popcorn. Hey, I counted out almonds and the size I buy turns out to be 1point for 8 almonds. I think that's a pretty good and healthy food use of points.

We're having a St. Patty's Day party tomorrow. :chef: I'm cooking and there will be about 16 of us. It should be a lot of fun. Take it easy and have a great weekend.
Lauren, how are you? Princess, are you about? Cherry, how are you and your little family?
Love,
Judy

LaurenH
03-12-2010, 06:44 PM
Argh! Sorry; it has been a while, hasn't it?

As you might expect, I'm not doing very well. I have good days and not-so-good days with my eating, and I know the latter are caused by stresses. Pop's health isn't doing well, and both he and Mom are struggling with finding their way around a new place, not knowing anybody and not having the strength to get out and meet people, etc. They know us, of course, and we get over at least once a week, but it's hard. And we got some bad news about Pop's health this past week. AND there are some financial issues.

None of this, however, can be solved by food! That's what I'm telling myself, and sometimes it works. I'm not eating 1/2 of what I want to eat, but it's still more than I should.

Funny, but I always seem to find this time of year difficult on many levels. So does DH; he's always harder to live with in March/April. Something about the change in seasons, I guess, though we're both thrilled to finally see the last of the snow melt! I shouldn't say "the last of," since I'm sure we'll have more. But for now, we're really enjoying temps in the 50s. And I've been hearing robins, too.

Judy, I am SO FREAKIN' PROUD OF YOU!! You didn't let that "gain" of 3 ounces (*snort* -- aren't numbers funny?) and the subsequent meltdown derail you. You turned it right back around, and look what happened! VIRGIN FAT TERRITORY! Yeah! :carrot::carrot: I'm happy-dancing for you here.

Bandit, the sauna sounds great -- I'd skip the exercise and go straight for that. :D Spot why I have a weight problem. About the tanning beds -- well, DH used to use them occasionally, too, and guess what? He had a cancerous mole removed from his back last year. I know how hard it is this time of year when we're dying to get some sun; maybe next time wear sun block? That way you get all the light and heat with none of the consequences.

Lin, glad you've turned around your gain and are making a plan for this weekend. You're a trooper. I so relate to your comment about not wanting to cheat yourself out of any food. :lol: I get like that when I lose sight of the positives of my goal and focus instead on what can I get away with eating. Like where I am now, in fact!

OK, this weekend, I'm going to exercise at least once. And I'm going to eat what I've planned. And I'm going to focus on the positive aspects of my goal, picture myself thinner, etc.

Have a great weekend, everyone -- and HAPPY DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME!

Itryharder
03-14-2010, 11:45 AM
Oh Lin, good for you for such a great weight loss! :goodscale: :bravo: and :cheer: and :cheers: and :carrot: and :dance: and :dancer:!!!!
Judy

Itryharder
03-14-2010, 11:55 AM
Hi Turtles,
Lin, lots of good advice in your post-----and yes, I do miss your erudite information and reminders, so keep up the good posts! I caught in your post that you're working from home so you can make meals for your Mom. You're a good daughter (and it looks like your mom hasn't always been a good mom), but :cheer: to you for doing the right thing. Way to go!

Lauren, here's :grouphug: handling the stressors you're facing right now. Every once in a while I try and get philosophical and wonder about the stresses in my life, the small and the big, and how sometimes I'm able to handle them well and other times I'd just as soon chuck in the towel! But somehow, because we're all strong women, we do get through and live to face another dawn. We're entering spring and the long, cold, snowy winter is almost over. Yes, I know spring means a lot of rain and some pretty dreary days, but the thought of the sun being warm is pretty good and I'm hopeful for longer days and shorter nights. Wow----what got me on this track?

In any case, I know we can keep on working on developing good habits and take care of ourselves.
Here's some cute guys to help us out:::::::bravo: :cool: :goodscale:
:cheers: :balloons: :cloud9: :beach: :swim: :tread: :strong:
JUdy

Lin S
03-17-2010, 11:33 AM
Hi!

I've been reading your posts when I can, but the first three weeks of March have been totally crazy because I've had three concerts to prep for and then I work at the concerts. My dh has been saying that I should think about quitting one job because I get so frustrated trying to get it all done. But when things aren't in "everything's a crisis" mode, I love what I do. So, the challenge for me is to make sure my multiple bosses give me realistic deadlines on the work I need to do. Sometimes things that seem like a crisis end up not being a big deal if it doesn't get done immediately. Not giving me deadlines makes everything seem like I have to do it now, so I need to make sure to ask when it needs to be done when they send me stuff via mail without a deadline.

Judy, I hope you had a wonderful St. Patrick's day party. Keep on going and keep up the cheerleading. You don't know how much it helps us all!

:hug::hug::hug:, Lauren! You're dealing with a lot right now. And stress is always one of our biggest triggers. I hope your plan for the weekend went well.

I've been kind of off and on this week. I haven't been eating mindlessly, but I haven't been tracking as carefully as I need to. And last night I eyeballed the food, which doesn't work for me, as you know. I was feeling resentful about how much time tracking, weighing, measuring, figuring out points, etc. takes and I just didn't want to do it. I'm sure it's partly because I was so super tired. Daylight Savings Time is a nightmare for me. It takes me forever to get to the point where I can tolerate it, but I never really adjust and I'm always sleepy and tired in the spring.

But I had an insight about the tracking, etc. this morning. I was thinking about it and realized that every time I do track my points, weigh my food, etc., it keeps me focused. Even if I don't do it perfectly or always make the best food choices, each time I track it keeps me thinking about what I want to do. It helps me make better choices throughout the day, especially if I track breakfast. I think that's partly why I've been able to maintain within a pound or two lately. And because this month is so super crazy, I'm happy with not regaining a significant portion of what I lost up to now.

I'm taking everything one day at a time. I get so frustrated with making plans and having to watch them disappear, not completed, because my life changes so much every day that I'm just figuring out what I need to do today and doing that. Tomorrow I'll do what I can then. I'm dealing with long-term goals by simply asking, "What can I do toward that goal today?" and doing the things I come up with. That should keep me turtlin' toward where I want to end up. We'll see.

Itryharder
03-17-2010, 03:13 PM
Hi Turtles,
You are all the best! :cheer: :bravo: :dancer: and :balloons:

Lin, your post is so thoughtful. It's good to read about how well you know yourself and that you're not packing on that lost weight. Weigh to go! Keeping your head clear may help you to track more and keep on keepin' on.

I saw a little saying that I want to share with everyone. "If you want to be a butterfly, you've got to want to fly more than you want to remain a caterpiller." I think about this every time when my WW leader asks what being overweight has going for us that is positive. In other words what do we get out of it. Truthfully, except when I have to get dressed up to see a large crowd of people (like a wedding or work reunion) I have been much too comfortable being overweight. I now know why I want to be fit and healthy and that means I need to lose weight. Okay----enough.

Good news. Here's a tale about .2# at my WW WI. Today I LOST .2# and I'm fine with that. Remember a couple of weeks ago I got very angry with a gain of .2#? Well, it's better to go down than up. My St. Pat's party was a lot of fun----I counted all the points, etc., but Sunday I had more points than I should have. Also, I dipped into my 35 points on Thursday which I shouldn't have. So, all in all I was very lucky to have lost that tiny bit. And again, I'm in virgin weight for the first time in over 15 years. Yay! I am going to work harder this week and aim to get off about 1 1/2# since I haven't had a good weight loss in a bit.

So, here's :cheers: to us all. I know a lot of us are dealing with having to work too hard, struggling to avoid high calorie foods at work, dealing with ailing parents, and even struggling with social events that are such fun, but loaded with temptations! :grouphug: and thanks for your support.

Judy
234.6/191.6/189 and closer to goal. :cool:

Itryharder
03-19-2010, 10:27 AM
Hi Turtles,
It's finally spring here in NY. Three days of sunshine and I'm beside myself. :balloons:
The weekend's coming up. Do something nice for yourself that doesn't involve food!!!!!

hey, my dh and I replaced my ten-year old car yesterday. I like driving the new car. It's fun!

Have a great day.
Judy
234.6/191.6/189 :cool:

Lin S
03-20-2010, 12:19 PM
Hi,

Checking in because that helps me.

Woohoo, Judy!! It's nice to see you're going back down. I love your quote about the butterfly and caterpillar. I much prefer being a butterfly! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

I changed my weigh in day to Saturday, partly because I forgot to do it yesterday and partly because I need to start the weekend with maximum points. Weekends are really hard for me because I often can't get home between activities. It's better during the summer because I can take picnic lunches to eat in the parks, but when it's cold and wet it's harder to find places you can go to eat food you brought from home, so I end up going to restaurants.

Anyway, I'm up one pound and I'm using it as motivation. I lost 37.5 of my 40 pounds before January. I've lost a total of 2.5 pounds since then. I'm not giving up, though. When I looked at the numbers on my WW chart and discovered my weight loss tanked starting in January, I realized what happened. January is when my mom got sick and that added a lot of stress and negative changes to my life. Not following through with WW won't help that situation, but the extra time dealing with my mother is taking is causing me to take time away from planning and tracking. I need to make planning and tracking a bigger priority in my life because I'm ready to move forward. I'm not willing to stay at this weight forever or, heaven forbid, go back up to where I was.

I'm researching new phones because my service is horrible. I need more reliable service. My dh, who doesn't use his phone very much is fine with what we have, so we're looking into me getting an iPhone and him either getting a cheaper phone and doing a family talk plan with ATT or keeping our Metro PCS for him, whichever is cheaper. He doesn't think he'll get his money's worth from a fancy phone, while I need the PDA and I want the WW app and I need more reliable coverage because I use it for work. Anyway, if I do that, it well help with WW because I can figure out and track points while I'm in a restaurant, rather than waiting until I get home. That will make it a lot easier to stay on track. We'll see how that goes.

I've gotten out of the habit of tracking my hunger signals. I did a lot better when I was tracking them, so that's another habit I'm going to be starting up again. And paying attention to eating more slowly. I did better when I was aware of how fast I was eating and just not taking a second bite until I'd swallowed the first one. It seems silly, but it does help me with portion control.

Have a great weekend, everyone. I'm working this weekend, my third in a row, then I have music commitments the next two weekends, plus hosting Tables for Eight the day before Easter. But, work is going to be a little less crazy because I won't have to work evenings or weekends until May. Still have a lot to do, but I can do it during work hours.

bandit2
03-22-2010, 11:44 AM
Hi everyone - hope everyone is doing their best, really - thats all we can do.

Just chugging along up here & the weight is up/down once again. Just can't seem to get in a steady grove of losing & that is frustrating. No excuse, but I have had more than my usual share of dinners & outtings. But on positive side, one of those was 10 pin bowling which I hadn't done in ages & was lots of fun.

Tonight going for chicken wings with the girls then thats it for eating events until Sat night - have a 50th party. So will try and stay on track until then.
Also, have been getting in my walk/swim which I enjoy.

Calling for freezing rain up here tomorrow. Go figure - it is spring, now we are going to get the winter weather we missed I suppose.

Have a great OP day!

Itryharder
03-22-2010, 08:33 PM
Hi Turtles,
Lin and Bandit, I loved reading your posts. Good luck to us all!
This week we have eaten out every day since my WI. It's been a crazy week, but I know I'm eating out better than I have in the past and that's a good thing. No time to exercise, but next week should be better.

:bravo: and :cool:
Judy
234.6/191.6/189 :cool:

bandit2
03-23-2010, 11:48 AM
Hang in there Judy, you are doing great!

Cold & rainey up here today, but at least didn't get the freezing rain they were call for. Am going for my walk/swim tonight then watching Biggest Loser - really like that show. Maybe it will give me some motivation for getting and staying back on track. That is still one of my biggest challenges, when I get off plan - it really takes me awhile to get back on and do so much damage in between. Have to work on that.

Hope you are having a sunny day wherever you are!

Itryharder
03-24-2010, 09:39 AM
Hi Turtles,
Bandit, are you still going to TOPS? It's great that you're exercising as well as you are. You and I are really being weight loss twins right now. We're about the same height and we're at about the same weight with the desire to knock off about the same amount we lost again. Pretty much at the halfway point. We are also having mega social times out. My dh and I ate out at least six times this week only to be topped off by pizza delivered here to the house for dinner last night. A real pox on the scale primarily because of the huge amount of salt in the tomato sauce. I weighed myself just now and I'm up about two pounds. I'm going to go to WW because I love my leader and the gals I sit with, but I'm not weighing in. I will exercise today and get my food back on track. Enough of this yo-yoing! I will also read the WW pamphlets about plateaus in weight loss, shake myself up, and continue on this journey. It looks like we've got two events planned where we might eat out. ONe is going to my grandson's soccer game and the other is going to watch him in gymnastics now that he's been "promoted" to the "big gym".
I have an idea that will work. I'll order tea or a Diet Coke wherever we go and eat a Fiber One bar and apple before or after. There's no need for me to fill up on junk just because we're going out. I can also make a yummy sandwich and eat it in the car or figure other things out. If we're at a decent place, I can use the restaurant guidelines I've learned, but if we're at a ridiculous place I don't have to eat at all. I'll just enjoy the company.

Lin and Lauren and Cherry, I hope you're all taking care of yourselves and doing the best you can. I know we can all start to see weight losses again that sustain us and get us into the next group of numbers! Down with yo-yoing! Up with weight loss! Hmmmm, mixed ideas there, but I'm wishing everyone a :goodscale: this week!

:balloons: :bravo: :grouphug: :love: :goodvibes: :cheer: :carrot:
Judy
234.6/191.6/189 and this week I mean it! :cool:

bandit2
03-24-2010, 10:34 AM
Hi Judy - good advice and way to go with pre-planning, that is key.
By doing that and being prepared we just won't have any excuses to indulge in junk food.

One of my other problems, is that I hate throwing things out and if I buy stuff that I shouldn't have (with the excuse that my dd or company needs crap) then I will have to finish off that stuff instead of just getting rid of that.
That is part of what has been going on lately - and now there isn't much left to tempt me. Key is not to bring the stuff in the house in the first place.
So that is my goal for this weekend shopping - not to bring in what I can't have.

Weigh in tonight & it won't be pretty. But, I will go and face the "iron monster" and suck it up and stay for my meeting. I really need to be there

Have a good one!

Itryharder
03-24-2010, 03:58 PM
Good luck on your WI, Bandit. Love your photo. You are adorable!
Love,
Judy

bandit2
03-24-2010, 04:08 PM
Hi Judy - well, thank you. I updated my picture on that silly dating site so thought I would add it here.

Hope you are staying OP this week.

Itryharder
03-25-2010, 04:11 PM
Hi Turtles,
Well, I have cheerful :cheer: news of a non-scale nature. My pants have been hanging off me except for around my waist which is out of proportion bigger than the rest of me. I took a chance and ordered a pair of pants, a short sleeved jacket and a really pretty blouse from JC Penney on their clearance area online. All arrived today and I can get them all on. LOL. No telling when I will be really able to wear the clothes, but it felt wonderful going down a size. I ordered a large blouse and a pair of size 16 pants. This is coming from a W22 when I started. Most of the time I was able to wear a W20 or a size 1-2X but in any case, I've made great progress. I made myself get on the :tread: today and I did my toning and strenthening tape with 5# weights. I need to do that every day. My points have been fine for today and I have 9 points left for dinner which I can eat in two hours or so. If I back up dinner with 5cups of popcorn for 1 point and a cup of tea with a splash of ff milk and a smidge of Stevia, I should be okay. I'll make sure to get a bit of salad in there to help me out.

Anyway, good luck to us all. I'm hoping that your stresses lighten and you figure out brilliant ways to work around them. We're all really good people and we deserve to meet our goals!!!!!!! :grouphug: :carrot: :dance: and :dancer:

Judy
234.6/191.6/189 and closer to goal. we can do this!

bandit2
03-25-2010, 04:23 PM
Hi turtles:

Judy - that is wonderful about the clothing, very exciting to get into smaller clothes - that should help you stay on track!

Had my weigh in last night & was pleasantly surprised to be down exactly 1# after expecting a gain - go figure!
Hoping that will keep me motivated and stay on track, especially with upcoming weekend parties & now, I have movie night on Tues with the ladies(night before next weigh in).

But you know, we all have things going on no matter what they are that can cause us to make bad choices & for me, I have to find ways to lose weight & still socialize.

OK - where are all the other turtles these days? Some have not posted in ages.

Lets do it!

Itryharder
03-25-2010, 09:15 PM
Bandit :goodscale: :bravo: :carrot: :dance: :cool: :cheer: :cheers:
what a wonderful surprise! I bet the exercise helped. Keep this going. You can do it.

I put a note on my fridge that reads, "Fight For It"! I really need to fight to break this plateau and number. I remember how long it took to break through 200#, and now I'm struggling again to break the 190#. Today has been a very good day and I can go to sleep in less than two hours. I'm not too hungry right now, so I should be able to do this.

Cherry and Lauren, I hope you're doing okay. You know we're thinking about you. How's it going, Lin? Still working so hard? You can do this. We all can!

Judy
234.6/191.6/189 and closer to goal :cool:

bandit2
03-27-2010, 12:55 PM
Hi turtles:

Judy - reminders for what we want is always good. You have done so well, I am very proud of you. Keep up the good work & just keep "fighting the fight"

Yesterday, I got in 2 miles of walking, quick swim & hot-tub - so felt good about that. Had a going away party to go to and planned for a few drinks with my menu choices beforehand & that helped. Didn't feel so guilty since I was completely on plan all day.

Have birthday party tonight & will eat dinner before going & TRY and stay away from all the snacks that I know will be there. And I offered to drive, so will only have 2 drinks at the most - so that will also help keeping me on track.

Plan, plan and then plan some more - I think that is key for me. And weekends have always been my biggest challenge. So this weekend I am really trying to stay focussed.

Today, my ladies group is going on a hike at a conservation park - so that also is some exercise.

So, still most of the turtles are still missing. Hope they know it is spring and time to come out of hiding & shed those winter pounds and bad habits.

Calling all missting turtles - where the heck are you????

Itryharder
03-27-2010, 05:00 PM
Hi Turtles,
Judy chiming in here. Bandit, good advice and I :love: that you're exercising so much and planning your weekend so well. Weigh to go!

I'm finishing this up and going upstairs to get on my :tread: Just back from a frustrating visit with my dd's and grandson and son-in-law. Things seem to be going belly-up with one of my dd's and it's so hard to see. She usually is on keel and laid back to a degree. Today she was like the mad hatter and it wasn't fun. I know she's upset about her weight gain and her lack of sleep, etc. but man------she was grumpy!
I had lots of good snacks with me and it's a good thing. When lunch arrived, I had two pieces of chicken cutlet and a small slice of bread. I figure it out as about 12 points since the bread was garlic bread. I'll get to exercise and I'll let out some steam and that'll improve my mood.

You all take care. Bandit, I love your attitude! And yes, other turtles, if you can please just say "Hi" since we miss you.

Judy
234.6/191.6/189 and closer to goal. :cool:

bandit2
03-28-2010, 12:45 PM
Morning, turtles:

Well, I got through the party last night with not too much damage. Ended up I didn't have dinner beforehand, so had a few too many munchies before they served the food later. But, I only had 1 glass of wine & mixed that with club soda so that helped with the points.

Today, am going to get food ready for next week. Bought 2 packages of boneless skinless chicken breasts to divide up & cook some & freeze the rest.
I made eggplant casserole on Friday & will cook up some eggs to have on hand. So these few dishes will help me stay on track.

Have a great Sunday!

Itryharder
03-29-2010, 11:28 PM
Hi Turtles,
Bandit, good planning for the week. Gad the party worked out well as far as points. The great thing about WW's is that it allows you to be flexible and work in food situations as they occur. Planning and preparing is the key, but then flexible restraint is another great tool. You're doing great and I hope to hear you have a weight loss this WI.

As far as me, I ended up receiving the most adorable phone call from my young grandson. He said he was sad and Mom and Dad were sick. Holy moly!!! This kid is too much. He invited his Grandpa and me over to play with him, so we drove to my dd's house about 35 minutes away to see what was going on. Everything was fine and he came back and played with us for the day. I thought he'd like a sleepover, but he decided he'd rather be at home for bed. All fine. Ate more than I liked, but again the points were fine. I'm hoping to see a weight loss soon.

All the Turtles, :goodscale: :cheer: :cheers: :carrot: :dance: :dancer:
and all :goodvibes: I know stress is uppermost and it's not fun to post, but know we're sending you all a magnificent :grouphug: for things to get better!
Love,
Judy

bandit2
03-30-2010, 10:56 AM
Judy - that is so cute about your grandson & awesome you are closeby to be a big part of his life. So sad when the grandparents are so far away & they miss out on so much. Must be fun being a grandmother - hopefully, one day I will experience that.

I stayed completely OP the last few days & had another walk of 2 miles last night. Finished off my eggplant casserole, which was really good and had chicken, peas & rice also. Had granola bar for my evening snack.

Tonight, movie night which means popcorn for dinner - but I have been planning for this & brought light lunch of just salad & apple & had oatmeal with strawberries for breakfast. So hoping the scale won't go crazy with the salt.

Judy - hope your weigh in great!

Hope all you other turtles are doing well on this journey.

Itryharder
03-30-2010, 06:18 PM
Bandit, you're awesome! Keep up the good work. I hear a "click" taking place for you and you should have a :goodscale: this week again.

Scale still not budging for me. I suspect that I'm eating too many one point breads. even though they're loaded with fiber, I may need to go off that type of carb for awhile and I hate to! I'm going to WW's tomorrow and then I'll be getting ready for Easter.

Take care, be well,
Judy
234.6/191.6/189 and closer to goal.

bandit2
04-01-2010, 10:45 AM
Morning, turtles:

Judy - hope you had a good weigh in this week.

I was down 1.5# at mine so was happy with that after eating all that popcorn.

Happy Easter, everyone!

Itryharder
04-03-2010, 08:13 PM
Oh Turtles,
I forgot to tell you about my WI. I was up over 3#. Not at all fun and I'm in some kind of a rut where I'm eating mindlessly right now. I'll come out of it soon, but it's not fun.
My dh, dd and grandson were out at Montauk Point over these last three days and it was great. The weather finally turned pretty here and being at the ocean was wonderful.

Bandit, what a great :goodscale: You're awesome!!! Keep up the good work and the exercise. You're :bravo: and :cheer: and :carrot: and :dance: and :cloud9: and :balloons: Weigh to go!

Happy Easter to all who are celebrating the holiday!
Just back from vacation, but I'll write asap.
Judy
Guests and family will be here tomorrow and the dinner is doable. It's all the other stuff I've been eating. I'm stuffing down my feelings and this is a very familiar feeling. Not at all good, but I'll figure a way out.
Judy
234.6/195.6/189 and trying hard to get back on track

Lin S
04-04-2010, 08:16 PM
Hi, Turtles,

Maybe someone cast some sort of "eat mindless" spell on us, Judy. :D I've been doing some of that lately, too.

Anyway, I thought I'd check in and see how you all are doing. I'm glad Judy and Bandit have been keeping things going while the rest of us are kind of AWOL.

I realize that I need to plan more carefully. And spend a bit of time figuring out my iPhone so I can use the WW app. I need to find out if I have an iTunes account or set one up so I can download it. It will help so much to have my tracking available when I'm not at home, because I'm not at home much.

I haven't weighed myself for a couple of weeks. My clothes fit like I'm pretty much maintaining, so that's good. I'll weigh myself this week and start tracking again tomorrow. I'm not happy about not doing this because it's important. Plus, I'm not happy with paying for something I'm not using properly.

I'm not going to get any less busy, so I have to manage my time in a way that lets me follow the program. That's my biggest challenge right now. But, I keep plugging away at it and I'm making progress. I get impatient and forget that it's steadiness, not speed, that wins the race.

Happy Easter, everyone.

Itryharder
04-05-2010, 05:40 AM
So glad to see you posting again, Lin. Yes, we're on the same path right now and it's not so much fun. I had something happen that threw my emotions into some turmoil, but I've stepped back to look at the situation, have a handle on it, and am ready to keep moving ahead. Go Turtles!!!!!! Steadiness, not speed, wins the race. You said it and I believe it. I got a little sidetracked, but I know I can do this and I will.

Good luck to us all and keep on keepin' on!

:bravo: :balloons: :dance: :dancer: :carrot: :beach: :swim: :tread: :cool: :cloud9: :love: :hugs: :grouphug: :cheer: :cheers:

Judy
234.6/195/189 :cool:

bandit2
04-05-2010, 09:37 AM
Morning, turtles:

Judy - hope you are back on track with things, easy to get into a rut - hard to get out. Hang in there & do your best.

Lin - nice to see you back with us. With your clothes not being tight, you are probably maintaining which is great & not be gaining.

I enjoyed my weekend - went dancing 2 times, out for lunch with dd & my ex, had Easter dinner with my mom - so really nice weekend & we couldn't have asked for nicer weather. Just like summer all weekend long.

Lets all have a great week, plan ahead & get in some exercise!

Good luck, everyone.

Itryharder
04-05-2010, 10:26 AM
Hi Turtles,
:hug:
Good to see some optimism working here. Bandit, it sounds like you had a great weekend. You sound like you're back on track and know what you're doing. :cheer:

I weighed myself this morning and am up another 1 1/2#. I do think that's from the salt in the ham since I was careful yesterday. I also think that the overeating I had done the day before showed up in force this morning. Soooo, I have even more weight to lose than I thought and for now that's gotta be okay.

We had a beautiful Easter. My friend, dh, dds, and dear sons-in-law plus dear grandson were all here. We had a great dinner. I made two WW dishes and green salad and veggies. I even made a cool dessert adapted from a Nilla Wafer recipe. I'll point it out the way I made it and post it here if it comes in with a decent point count because it was very good. The best part of the day was when we all went outside and watched our grandson learn to ride his bicycle without training wheels. He did great and it was so much fun to sit outside in the wonderful weather and watch him. These are all very good times.

Today my dh and I are taking another approach to losing weight. We're going back on the weight loss program I was so successful with last May. It worked well. I didn't lose quickly at all, but I felt well and satisfied the whole time. I woke up hungry and ate well and I'm going to give it another go and
plan for success again. I also intend to get to the park and walk on the boardwalk as often as possible now that the weather is good.

Take care, be well and happy, and keep on keepin' on!
Judy
234.6/197.5/189 and closer to goal!!!!!!!!!

Itryharder
04-05-2010, 12:09 PM
Hi Turtles,
I pointed out the Nilla Wafer Lemon-Raspberry Mousse online. It's 4 points per serving, so that may be a little high for us. I'll show you the original that I adapted, and then I'll mention a few more adaptations that brings it down to 2 points per serving. Here goes:

48 Nilla Wafers, divided
3/4 cup boiling water
1 pkg. 3oz. Jell-o Lemon flavor SF
1 cup ice cubes
1 8oz. pkg. FF cream cheese, softened
1/4c sugar
2 t. lemon zest
1 tub 8oz. FF Cool Whip, thawed, and divided
1/3 cup raspberry preserves
1 1/2 c. fresh fruit

Stand: 16 wafers around the edge of plastic wrap-lined 8 inch square pan. Add boiling water to gelatin mix, stir 2 min. until completely dissolved. Stir in ice until melted.
Beat: next 3 ingredients in large bowl with mixer until blended. Gradually beat in gelatin. Whisk in 2 cups Cool Whip.
Pour half the gelatin mixture into prepared pan, cover with 16 wafers. Microwave preserves on HIGH 15 sec. or until melted, brush onto wafers. Top with remaining gelatin mixture and wafers.
Refrigerate: 4 hours or until firm, invert dessert onto plate, top with remaining Cool Whip and fruit.
THis makes 9 servings at 4 points each.

If you eliminate the wafers and therefore the preserves, you'll get a nice square dessert that makes 9 servings and 2 points each. (It's probably at the high end of 2 points)

So--enjoy!
Have a beautiful day. It's sunny here. I'm going to start the day with a shake.
Judy

Itryharder
04-07-2010, 01:22 PM
Hi Turtles,
Had my WW's WI this morning and I was down .2# from last week. I'm am so happy because in the interim, I was out at Montauk Point for three days, had an eating jag, had Easter, got strict on Monday and Tuesday and ended up losing a tiny weight! (I had been up 3# that I got rid of by being extra strict and avoiding bread.)
I'm on a roll!
Good luck to us all.
Judy
234.6/195temporary/189 looking forward to getting closer to goal.

bandit2
04-07-2010, 02:34 PM
Judy - way to go with taking back control. Good for you!

I have been chugging along up here doing my best. Tonight at Tops we have Awards Night & we are having Swiss Chalet Chicken for our dinner, so that will be good. We still have our weigh in first, and the theme is Hawaiian - so we can dress up for that as well. So should be fun evening with my group.

Have a good day, everyone!

Itryharder
04-07-2010, 06:54 PM
Bandit, your Tops meeting sounds like so much fun. I think the challenges are good for you. Good luck tonight.

Eating is going well today. I also got out and walked on the boardwalk and it felt great. Believe it or not, our temp. hit 90 degrees today for another record breaking day! Whew! Tough winter and now a crazy spring.
Judy
234.6/195/189 and closer to goal :cool:

Itryharder
04-09-2010, 08:20 PM
Hi Turtles,
I don't remember our site ever being this quiet. I'm wishing all of us good luck.
My eating plan is working, the top weight has dropped off, I have three pounds to lose to get back to virgin weight territory. Hope to do so in the next two weeks. It's so frustrating and I hope you're not staying away from this site because the food isn't good. Sometimes that's when I need to post the most.

:grouphug: and :goodvibes: and :hug: and :balloons: to us all.
Have a great weekend and let us know how you're doing.
Judy
234.6/195/189 and closer to goal

bandit2
04-10-2010, 10:48 AM
Hi Judy (and any other turtles who are lurking)

Had my Tops night and "turtled" which means I stayed the same as week before, but that was good enough with my 1.5# loss week before to be "weeks biggest loser" - so got certificate for that.
Got in a 2 mile walk/swim yesterday, so good way to start the weekend.

Went to muscial "Grease" last night with the ladies and Thurs night went on a movie-date (with the fellow I dated a few times last fall) - I have ran into him at the dances & he called Monday & we got together Thurs. So will have to see how that goes.

Anyway, nice sunny day up here & I am going to dance tonight with the ladies - always something going on.

Judy - good for you for dropping those pounds. Awesome!

I agree with you about members not posting because they are not doing well.
This is when they need the support, accountability, and motivation to get back on track. Longer they stay away the more damage they are doing.

We all know this is hard & I have had really bad weeks when I didn't want to got to my meetings and get on the scale. But, I know that is when I definately need to be there, face it and get back to what I know will help me lose weight and feel better.

Anyone who is reading and not posting - remember, we are here for you and have been exactly where you are now in your journey.

Good luck, everyone!

CherryAutumn
04-10-2010, 09:10 PM
Hi Bandit and Judy
I am still lurking in the shadows for now. I am not doing much good on anything right now. Being an emotional eater is a pain in the b-u-t-t.

Keep on keepin on

Itryharder
04-10-2010, 11:41 PM
Glad to see Cherry Autumn post. Emotional eating is really tricky and miserable and I do it far more often than I like. One tip-----try to have foods around that, when emotion hits, you can eat without doing too much harm. I have often conquered emotional eating by some simple tricks. I have gotten on the treadmill or taken a brief, fast paced walk. I have had a cup of hot tea with a splash of milk and splenda or stevia. I have sat down at my computer to play some card games and I distract myself. I know you can find something to do that will be better than eating something fattening.
How about you post tomorrow about something you can do?
:grouphug:

Today was a busy and fun day---grandson's soccer game in the morning, godchild's second year birthday in the afternoon/evening. Nice. Points were high today, but I used some of my 35 points and I should be okay. Weight has been coming off nicely this week.

Good luck and :love: to us all.
Judy
234.6/195/189 and closer to goal

Itryharder
04-12-2010, 09:47 AM
Hi All,
Well, I got through the weekend with using a few of my extra 35 points and I feel good. Also got some housework done on Sunday and also got to walk 1 1/2 miles on the boardwalk. It was all good.

Have a great day ! :goodscale: and :goodvibes: to us all
Judy
234.6/195/189 and getting thinner.

Itryharder
04-13-2010, 08:04 PM
Hi Turtles,
Tomorrow is my WW WI and I'm hoping for a :goodscale:
Judy
234.6/195/189 and closer to goal! :cool:

bandit2
04-14-2010, 10:30 AM
Hi turtles:

Cherry - nice to hear from you. Hope you can find some way of getting back on track. Just try to do abit better each day - really, thats all we can do.

Judy - good luck at the scales.

I have my weigh in tonight & hoping for some kind of weight loss. I did have a few extra things but also got in a few walks, so hopefully that will offset the extras.

Nice & sunny but cool up here this week. My daffodils are in full bloom and sure make it nice to leave & return to house seeing those.

My gf will be back this week from her 6 month stay in Florida, so looking forward to seeing her again. We usually have dinner once a week & try up new recipes & of course share some wine, so enjoyable evening.

Well, good luck turtles!

Itryharder
04-14-2010, 12:38 PM
Hi Turtles,
Had a :goodscale: at WW's. Lost 2.2# and am almost back to my lowest point of 91.6# of a couple of weeks ago. A lot has happened in the interim, lots of emotion and a holiday, etc.-----in other words LIFE! So this week I'll work really hard again, get out and exercise again, and keep on keepin' on!

Bandit, :carrot: and :goodscale: for tonight. It sounds like you've got the WW ideas and tips fitting into your lifestyle. WEigh to go!

Cherry, good luck to you. How's it going?

:goodvibes: to all the turtles.
Judy
234.6/192.8/189 and closer to goal :cool:

CherryAutumn
04-14-2010, 01:16 PM
Judy - Weigh to go on the 2.2# down.:carrot: Thanks for the encouragement. Maybe i could scrapbook, write in my journal, or read a book when i want to eat but i am not hungry.

Bandit-How did the weigh in go? Or did i miss that post.

My hubby and I officially weighed ourselves yesterday and made it through day one well within our points. On to day 2. Hoping for a good week.:^:

bandit2
04-14-2010, 01:53 PM
Hi turtles:

Judy - awesome job on the weight loss!!! That is a huge number. Keep it going!

Cherry - I have my weigh in Wed evening, so will post tomorrow with the results. Good job getting Day 1 under your belt - remember "baby steps"

Good luck, turtles!

Itryharder
04-14-2010, 06:40 PM
:goodscale: tonight for Bandit!

Cherry, I am so happy that you and dh got Day 1 right where you wanted it!
Weigh to go! You are doing this. You can bring about what you think about.

:goodvibes: and :grouphug: to us all!
Judy

bandit2
04-15-2010, 12:35 PM
Hi turtles:

I was down 1/2# at my weigh in last night. Not much - but in the right direction.

Off work next week for some holidays - will get some stuff done around the house for a few days & yard work, then heading out for a few days with some girls to stay in hotel/casino & pool. So some relaxing time - and will try to make smart choices for meals out.

Starting to get into time for weekend getaways - will be opening up my trailer next month & that is always fun.

Anyway, have a great day!

Itryharder
04-15-2010, 05:31 PM
Hey Bandit!!!!! :goodscale: and definitely in the right direction. Weigh to go!
Have fun this upcoming week and keep up the good work. It's interesting how long we've all been posting here. Sure enough, it's working on spring and it's time for Bandit to open the trailer! LOL. :beach:

Cherry, how are you doing? How did Day 2 go? :goodvibes: to you.

Got to the boardwalk again today for a walk and it's nice and sunny here right now. Oh, good non-scale news. I fit into a pair of mid-rise Burmuda shorts----size 16. Yay!

Princess, Lin, and Lauren, hope you're all doing fine! :hug:

Judy
234.6/192.8/189 and closer to goal

bandit2
04-16-2010, 10:24 AM
Hi turtles:

Judy - good news about the size 16, that is great!

In my closet I have various sizes & feels sooooooooooo good when I can get into something I haven't been able to wear for awhile.

Keep up the good work!

Well, I am on holidays now for 10 days and looking forward to the break.
But my challenge will be to behave myself and keep on some kind of schedule with my menus & exercise.

Starting my holiday with a "spa day" which I am looking to. Facial, pedicure and full body skin treatment. So I will be all new & shiny for spring - somewhat like a tuneup, which is long overdue.

Lets all have a great week & some success at the scales!

CherryAutumn
04-16-2010, 10:29 AM
Bandit - Yay for the loss! Definately in the right direction.

Judy- Day 2 did not go well at all but Day 3 was well within our points and i am feeling good about getting right back on track. Hopefully today will be another day to be proud of.

NEWYEARNEWME
04-16-2010, 11:37 AM
G'day ladies I have just come back to 3FC after giving up in June last year I havebeen doing ww online for the last 3mths and this time I am determined to make it to goal. I thought I would just say hi I floating about the forums at the moment not sure where I fit in it is hard to just jump in and start posting I sometimes feel like I might be intruding.

Julie

Itryharder
04-16-2010, 01:54 PM
:welcome3: Julie,
Hey welcome! We can use some new Turtles, so join us. You are not intruding at all! Good luck in your weight loss journey.

Cherry, weigh to go! I love you attitude. Keep up the good work. Having great days and then not so great days is what most of us do. String enough great days together and the weight comes off!

Bandit, enjoy your holiday and do what's right for you as far as eating. Yes, wearing a size smaller feels good. The new shorts are skin tight, but so were my larger pants at one point and I dieted into them and now they're too big.

Gotta run, but thrilled to see some responders.
Judy

NEWYEARNEWME
04-16-2010, 10:11 PM
;) Thanks for the welcome Judy ahhhhh it's the weekend the time when I really have to watch myself and try to stay to my 19 points but such is life started the day with a nice healthy fruit salad and plan on sardines on toast for lunch and a WW meal with extra vegeies for dinner so my plan is in place now all I have to do is stick to it lol.

Take care everyone and have a lovley weekend!

Julie:carrot:

NEWYEARNEWME
04-18-2010, 08:32 AM
G'day everyone just a quick check in to let you know that I have found my old login username so I am logging in under NEWYEARNEWME instead if aussiefatty I didn't think my old one would still be on here that is why I changed it as it was awhile ago lol.

Take care stay focused and keep safe.

Julie

Itryharder
04-18-2010, 10:18 AM
Hi Turtles,
I'm going to start a new thread. Glad NEWYEARNEWME is with us.
Good luck to us all in wrapping up the weekend. We can do this!
Judy
See you all at #230 Bale of Turtles Getting On Track