100 lb. Club - Oh Man...This is not for Whimps .

View Full Version : Oh Man...This is not for Whimps .

marigrace
03-07-2010, 08:17 AM
Lost it yesterday...just tired of doing the work, and not seeing it on the scale.
...so my inner brat had a tantrum and went on a diet vacation... just now, I got on the scale... and it was actually down...this is nuts !:(

ubergirl
03-07-2010, 08:35 AM
Lost it yesterday...just tired of doing the work, and not seeing it on the scale.
...so my inner brat had a tantrum and went on a diet vacation... just now, I got on the scale... and it was actually down...this is nuts !:(

The delayed reaction effect. Your scale went down because of how good you were on the days before....

Pat yourself on the back for the hard work you did to see the bump down, and move on.

marigrace
03-07-2010, 08:40 AM
Thanks, Uber. You knew exactly what to say.

Michelle98272
03-07-2010, 11:03 AM
Definintely not for wimps! I got on the scale this morning and I'm up 3 lbs!

Marigrace, I love your attitude though! Resolute and strong. :hug:

marigrace
03-07-2010, 11:37 AM
Thanks, Michelle ! You hang in there too .

PeanutsMom704
03-07-2010, 11:40 AM
I have definitely given up trying to find a direct cause and effect between what happens on one day and what the scale says the next day. It would be nice if had that much direct control, though!

So basically, the same as what Uber said - the good efforts show the good results. You just don't always know exactly when!

rockinrobin
03-07-2010, 12:26 PM
Oh I agree. Those pounds lost had nothing what so ever with your "diet vacation". Sooo many times people say, "see, I shook up my metabolism by going "off" my diet and now I've got a weight loss". No, it really, really doesn't happen that way. We create a calorie deficit and it is a process. It's not automatic. It takes TIME for the fat cells to empty out. AND it's not always the same amount of time.

Anyway, I hope this was a real short "vacation". We wouldn't want THAT to show up a few days from now, so lets' keep this to a minimum.

I know it's hard, but you've got to realize that your hard work WILL pay off - eventually. Weight loss is not INSTANT. It's a process. Stick to your program. Stick to your program. And then stick to it some more. :)

And your title - love it.

I think it's Rhonda, (GirlyGirlSabas) who has a great signature:

"weight loss isn't for sissies"

AGREED!! We are tough stuff.

marigrace
03-07-2010, 12:45 PM
(LOL) OK, Robin...I"m definitely back now....and thanks !

Eliana
03-07-2010, 01:10 PM
So true! I treated myself to movie popcorn last night. It was a planned unplanned splurge. :D The real plan was to take my own in my purse but as I was leaving I couldn't find the popcorn I'd purchased. I looked and looked and looked. I was way low on calories anyway, so I went ahead and got it. Anyway...thought it would show up on the scale today but it did not. Maybe tomorrow. LOL!

Marigrace, so glad you are declaring your vacation over!