Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2002, 05:50 PM   #1  

Thumbs down Just started WW...

Hi everyone!

I just started WW and lost 3.6 lbs in my first week. I think it's going well but I had a question to share with you all.

I previously did RS-Deal-a-Meal about 4 yrs ago and lost about 20 lbs. It really worked for me but, like a dummy I stopped doing it for silly reasons (similar to the reasons why I eat too much - depression).

I was wondering if anyone out there has ever tried to combine the WW points system with the Deal-a-Meal system. For example, one "fat" card = ?many "points" (or vise-versa)?

So far my only gripe about WW is that it's not really structured enough for me. I liked the Deal-A-Meal cards way of saying "OK, you have one more fat to eat and HERE'S what you can choose from". So far, I haven't found this in WW. The concept of "points" seems farther away for me. Maybe down the road there will be more info on this in the meetings.

Anyway, Hello to you all and I hope to be able to find and share great advice in the future! Good Luck to everyone!

Kris

Can I have the Chocolate Covered Points?
Old 08-30-2002, 06:35 PM   #2  
WW Lifetime Member

Hi, Kris!

I just wanted to say welcome and congrats on your weight loss! I don't know anything about Deal a Meal, so I have no opinion on that, but I hope you start to feel more comfortable with the points system. Or, I hope someone has something brilliant to add to help you out!!

Anyway, good luck and keep us posted on your progress!

Trina

p.s.: I have done WW for 6 months so far, total weight loss 51.8 lbs, and am training to be a WW receptionist starting next week. I'm loving the program!!
Old 08-30-2002, 09:20 PM   #3  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

in your week one book ww does mention how to balance yourself within your points range. ie.. fruits and veggies, milk, fats, etc.
I understand what you mean about having structure the first few weeks. You need it.
Think back as to why you really left Richard Simmons.. my guess is that the plan didn't work for you every day.. your life and diet can't be the same all the time. WW knows this and that's why they give you the flexibility. As time goes on you will learn to use this as a tool... For example, on Friday night you might want 10 points worth of greasy french fries (yum!) - these are really high in fat - but if they are within your points, fine! you won't be able to eat those every day (you won't be satisfied) - but it will be nice to have that option.

Give the program a try for one month.. then you will become more comfortable with using it.

You are doing really well.. keep it up!
and keep asking questions!!!

Dana
Old 08-31-2002, 01:30 PM   #4  

Red face I am new too

Hi,
I am new to this whole 3fc thing and new to msg boards. I need help, i cant afford the money or the time to go to ww and i need support to stick! i have tried every diet...you know the routine, and i really think ww is the best choice for me. hopefully i will figure out how the boards work and make myself accountable to someone here maybe. truly, i am so depressed about my failures. HELP. If there are any pray-ers, please remember me.
I am restarting today. suggestions, all are welcome!
thanks!
Old 08-31-2002, 08:21 PM   #5  

Angry

Actually, I didn't stop doing Deal-A-Meal for the reasons you mentioned, but I do agree that the same of everything, everyday did get boring.

I was just wondering about the possibility of combining the best of the 2 programs that seemed to work for me, WW and Deal-A-Meal. I think I'll work on it on my own and post if I have any success.

Even after a week and a half my body feels different...like there's more space inside it...does that sound weird?

Thanks for the comments..every bit helps!

Kris

current weight: 236
starting weight (8/21/02) 240

micro-mini goal (Halloween): 215
mini-goal: to get below 200 for the first time in 10 yrs!

THE Goal: to be between 160-170
Closed Thread