100 lb. Club - Well.....5 full day's in.............

Summerblue
03-05-2010, 05:23 PM
and I AM STILL HERE!!!!!! :carrot:

This is the FIRST TIME I have tried to loose weight and haven't wanted to give up within the first 5 days.

The scale has moved since I weighted myself Sunday Night, so that's some progress (and it's moved down not up).

Counting Calories seems to be working for me - MUCH more than I thought it would. Oddly enough it seems EASIER to me than anything else I have ever tried - WHO KNEW?!
That 9pm 'snack time' has been the hardest for me actually. I have managed to not snack at all after dinner, but I am drinking hot tea again at that time.

Oh and I am walking EVERY DAY.

I am thankful for this board..........man, am I thankful.

Here's to the weekend (which does scare me a bit) :smug:

Have a good one (and thanks for listening)

calluna
03-05-2010, 06:04 PM
Keep posting over the weekend, summer, and let us know how it goes. Keep up the good work!

dangerousfish
03-05-2010, 06:29 PM
Happy First Week Anniversary! I think calorie counting works really well, too!

marigrace
03-05-2010, 06:32 PM
;) Glad its working out for you , Summer !

Michelle98272
03-05-2010, 06:42 PM
I am thankful for this board..........man, am I thankful.

Here's to the weekend (which does scare me a bit) :smug:

Have a good one (and thanks for listening)

Summerblue, I know I lean towards hyperbole at times but I truly believe this board may have meant the difference between life and death for me. At 42 and 273 lbs, I might have not been in danger of imminent death but being unable to walk a city block without stopping to catch my breath, I sure as heck wasn't living!! I am sure the weight would have shortened my life, coupled with my family legacy of hypertension, heart disease and diabetes, the weight would have meant an early death and a really poor quality of life.

Welcome again and congrats for sticking it out!!:hug: At 67 days, I am still fairly new at this...nothing like people who have lost 25, 50, 75, 100...I've lost 17 lbs and find this is easier every day. It's 2nd nature, almost.

cathydoe
03-05-2010, 08:06 PM
Happy First Week Anniversary! Keep coming back and congrats on your success!

Beverlyjoy
03-05-2010, 08:09 PM
This is WONDERFUL!!

Keep planning!!!

Eliana
03-05-2010, 09:48 PM
I'm so glad it's working for you! I too attribute much of my success to this awesome place and these awesome people!

I had a similar reaction to yours in regards to calorie counting. I've tried so many times with so many different methods and this is by far the one I've liked the best. Who knew indeed? LOL! It's amazing that the simplest method still works.

Summerblue
03-05-2010, 10:59 PM
WOW - thanks everyone for your comments, they really do mean A LOT. I will be reading and re-reading this as much as necessary over this weekend.

Ya'll ROCK xo