100 lb. Club - Free Work Lunch NSV

View Full Version : Free Work Lunch NSV

knobhdy
03-05-2010, 12:37 PM
Today is an all district workshop so they are serving free lunch for all the people in my building. Free lunch at my work is Pizza, Salad and Cookies.

Fortunately, yesterday my coworkers and I went to my favorite lunch spot (You know, the one where you can get the incredibly fresh salad, with no dressing and just a tiny amount of the cranberry chicken salad on top) so I had left my lunch in the fridge at work for today.

When lunch time rolled around, I grabbed a plate of salad with fat free dressing, and enjoyed it with my home packed lunch. I haven't even thought about the cookies.... not entirely true, but I said no to them, and I am full and happy and know I made the right decision.

MamaP
03-05-2010, 12:42 PM
That's great! Definately at NSV.

siobhanmc
03-05-2010, 01:37 PM
Good for you. Planning ahead was obviously a great decision.

kuhrisuh
03-05-2010, 01:56 PM
you go girl! they're having commuter week at my school, and SO MUCH free food each day. i've resisted ALL temptations too! doesnt it feel good to be in control? :)

love your avatar by the way, you look GREAT!!!

BeachBreeze2010
03-05-2010, 02:37 PM
YAY! That's great! It feels good when we make choices that reflect our new lifestyle.

cfmama
03-05-2010, 02:50 PM
Awesome. That feels SO GOOD doesn't it!

knobhdy
03-05-2010, 03:10 PM
It really does feel good to make the right choices... and I was validated in those choices as my coworker is sitting there eating the pizza and cookies and saying "You know, these aren't very good." I was a little :devil: and said sweetly, "You could not eat them." (He was trying to lose weight last year, but seems to have given up over the summer and not gone back.) :s:

Of course I wish I was seeing a little more of this on the scale. I am losing really slowly, which in and of itself isn't bad, but at .5 pounds a week it'll be 3.6 years before I have all this weight off. That just about makes my head explode. :stars:

roxmysox
03-05-2010, 03:21 PM
woo!! That's great!

FitGirlyGirl
03-05-2010, 03:25 PM
:congrat: good job making the right choices! I'm sure that as you continue to do so the loss will pick up and it won't always be .5/week

PeanutsMom704
03-05-2010, 03:31 PM
great job!!!

(and even though I don't think it will take 3.6 years, it will still be better to be at goal in 3.6 year than back at your original weight, right?)