Alternachicks - Summer Challenge

View Full Version : Summer Challenge

mauvaisroux
03-05-2010, 11:59 AM
If anyone is interested in a summer challenge, feel free to join in.

I would like to reach my goal weight and be in maintenance by July.

So this month I will work on:

Keeping my food journal
Exercising for at least 30 minutes per day
Drinking more water each day
Making ww friendly dinners

LowEndLady
03-07-2010, 09:37 AM
I'm in! :) I'd really like to be back to my goal weight by June/July.

This month I'll work on:
Journalling everything I eat
Getting my pilates in 6 days a week
Drinking more water
Cutting down on eating out to once or twice

mauvaisroux
03-07-2010, 12:14 PM
I am having my last fling today as I am going out to supper with friends. :cbg:

However, I am spending today setting up my food journal and getting my exercise gear set up for tomorrow morning. :)

I have a few events to go to this summer and I want to feel my best at them. :yay:

Gypsy Severina
03-07-2010, 04:57 PM
I'd like to drop at least 30 lbs by July and maybe get out of the 20's in pant sizes.

This month I will work on:
Keeping up with my food journal
Sticking to the exercise schedule I spent an hour programming into my phone
Keeping my portions small
Only eating out when I visit with my family

nonamortica
03-09-2010, 03:13 PM
I'd love to be at my goal weight by July. I'm moving back into my house in July after leaving it in the hands of my grown sons for 9 years. I left fat and sick. It would be great to move back in normal weight and healthy like I was when I bought it in 1988.

going2Bhealthy
03-10-2010, 08:05 AM
I'd like to be 12 stone by July, which is 168lbs. That means I have 26lbs to lose (from today's weigh in) in 16 weeks which I think is doable, allowing for big loss weeks and zero loss weeks etc. It's pretty exciting to think I have the potential to weigh in at 168 so soon, I don't think I've weighed that little since 2005!

Bring on the summer! :D

missybct
03-10-2010, 01:02 PM
My goals are:
- Get into the 17's (stone) by the end of summer.
- If I'm going to have a bad day, try to make sure it's only once a month
- Have no alcohol, or very little.
- Track track track!
- Join the gym when I get paid

:D

mauvaisroux
03-11-2010, 01:54 PM
Doing pretty good so far with tracking and water.

Exercise is so-so due to daily hospital visits disrupting my routine. Will get a walk in today or else! :D

SalaamDementia
03-11-2010, 02:20 PM
I'm in! Its warming up here so I'd like to try and be walking every day for at least 30 minutes. And as for my weight... well, I'd like that to be around 210 lbs, which would be 40 lbs, which I feel is doable for me.

souvenirdarling
03-11-2010, 03:56 PM
Keep it up, chicks! With spring having finally hit here, I feel a lot better about maintaining my goals. I'd like to be down 12 pounds by June 1st. This will pretty much put me at goal, though I'd like to continue toning up at that point.

katiecron
03-11-2010, 07:56 PM
by june 21st i would like to be under 200lbs.
gym goals: cardio 3 times/week, 2 classes/week
hike or bike 1 hour one day a week.
water and green tea exclusively (never been a problem)
size 12/14

katiecron
03-12-2010, 08:36 AM
first step toward my goal. go join the gym. it has always been the intention that i drop a few and get in better shape before subjecting myself to the gym. i have worked out enough at home for the last 3 months; i am ready to take what the gym has to offer. mostly i love elliptical and treadmill. i am really excited about the classes (zumba, yoga, cardio jam), but the schedule kind of sucks for my 9-5. i am really going to need support going to gym 3 days a week. luckily is is 3 minutes down the road, so no excuse there.
right now i am bummin' b/c i have not dropped a lb all week despite my good eating and exercise habits. i know this happens and soon i will step on the scale to find a big loss, but wtf? i need the dial on the scale to move ASAP.

guynna
03-13-2010, 03:52 PM
By June 1st, I'd like to be wearing my cool black capris. Don't know how many pounds that will be, but I think it's doable. Please hold me to it! ! !

Walk the dog at least twice a day.
Lift weights twice a week.
Stay on plan with fruits and veggies.
PLAN AHEAD to avoid "oh there's nothing to eat I'll just have a ____ "

Thousandsunny
03-15-2010, 08:57 PM
I'm new to the Alternachicks but can I join too?

I'd like to buy a new bathing suit and feel good in it in June!

guynna
03-15-2010, 09:45 PM
you are sooooo close to getting rid of that "2"! Good for you :carrot:

mauvaisroux
03-15-2010, 09:57 PM
Welcome Thousandsunny! :wave:

and welcome back guynna! :)

Doing well the last few days - managed to walk for 30 to 45 minutes and have lost another 1/2 lb! :cb:

IcassiopeiaI
03-17-2010, 03:34 AM
i'd love to.

i'm just going all out, balls to the wall exercising so i dont have a set goal-

i will update every week on weight loss and then my goal for the next =D

FunSize
03-18-2010, 07:05 PM
I would love to be 60lbs lighter by the end of July, not sure if that's even feasible or not! My long term goal is 100 pound loss, but I can give myself a few years for that.

I definitely want to be a size 13 by summer ;-) I am a size 16 now!

katiecron
03-22-2010, 10:00 AM
checking in with goals. i have hit the gym and hula hoop danced more than enough over the last few weeks. i think my biggest obstacle at this point is food cravings. i tend to push it too much and even binge of healthy food, likely pushing me over the daily calorie goal. it is certainly stunting my weight loss. next week is TOM, so i need to focus on somehow alleviating cravings over the next several days. any ideas?

nonamortica
03-22-2010, 12:19 PM
Oh, I really like the idea of making this an Equinox to Solstice challenge!

I FINNALLY after years of stalls and frustration and giving up, resigned myself that my lose is just going to be slow, but only low carb works for me. So, for the past few weeks, I've been right on plan. Except for last night. It was Naw Ruz, there was a party. So I allowed myself a small roasted potato and a piece of cheese cake, along with the veggies and great salmon. Then danced with the Persian ladies, had a great time.

Anyway, this morning I am back on plan, bacon and eggs for breakfast. The scale is at 153! That made me happy! :D

My goal is to continue to be consistant with my low carb plan and get more yoga and dance practice in. Perhaps I could be in the 140's by June 21st!

going2Bhealthy
03-24-2010, 05:09 PM
Hello everyone! I hope you're all doing well on your way to your goals :D

I've still not really put my heart into weightloss after having so much time off plan, but I weighed in yesterday at 193, so something is working out ok I guess. I need to find my motivation and go with it again!!

eroica27
03-24-2010, 06:40 PM
My goal is to be under 200 by July. I bought a weighted hula hoop today and I will master it. I'm already close to my 50lb mini goal.

katiecron
03-25-2010, 09:03 AM
hooping is great. i find myself doing it even on nights i planned on resting. for me it is a great excuse to listen to music and dance. i dance with my hoop, it is homemade and weights only 2lbs. go hooping!

mauvaisroux
03-30-2010, 11:39 AM
godo morning everyone! :coffee:

Hope everyone is doing well on the challenge! :)

I weighed in this morning and have lost 2 more pounds - yippee! :cb:

going2Bhealthy
03-31-2010, 10:08 AM
I weighed in yesterday for ww, but I'm delaying a 3fc weigh in until tmorrow as I am/was taking part in a March challenge... albeit half heartedly, do I'm not particularly hopeful for the goal I set myself, but I'm getting back to where I was in Feb so that's good.

I've had two days on track and I'm feeling good, so fingers crossed fr a great loss next week!

Also, congrats on the loss Mauv!

mauvaisroux
03-31-2010, 01:11 PM
Thanks going2Bhealthy! :D

And good luck at your weigh-in! :crossed:

going2Bhealthy
04-01-2010, 08:42 AM
WooWoo! I'm in a great mood today! The sun is shining here in London for the first time in a week or more, my bedroom is midway through a fantastic overhaul and I weighed in today at 190.4 so I've almost lost all the weight I put on from early feb through to early march. I'm so happy :D

I decided to lay down some goals for April (to help toward the summer challenge of course ;)) and decided I want to aim for 8lb loss from my tuesday weigh in of 192, so hopefully by the last tuesday in April I'll be 184.

I also realised that with my target of 168 means I'll be aiming for an average loss of 8lbs a month to reach that target by the 1st of July and I think I might actually make my goal (for once!)

i hope everyone else has some nice weather. A sunny day always makes me smile :D

going2Bhealthy
04-06-2010, 09:10 AM
I'm really pleased with my weigh in this week, I really feel like I've set an achievable goal for July and that I might actually make it (for once!) I weighed in at 189 which means I've lost 1.5 stone since I started losing weight again, I'm out of the 190's and my daily points went down to 22 so I'm super happy.

Oh and it's a gloriously sunny day so it all adds tomy great mood :D

I hope everyone is doing well and Easter wasn't too hard for you all ;)

EDIT: I also just heard the first ice cream van of the year, how exciting! :D :D of course, I won't be joining in with that too often ;)

mauvaisroux
04-06-2010, 03:34 PM
Congratulations on your loss going2Bhealthy! :bravo:

I'm still plugging along with my daily walks and eating better.

jandaman
04-12-2010, 04:06 PM
hey chicas--room for one more?

i'd like to drop 20 pounds by june/july (is that ridiculous? too tired to calculate) have a tight tum-tum again and toned upper arms ( hoping batwings will take flight on won also ridiculous? *sigh*)
means: stayin OP, preparing a variety of yummy meals, regular workouts

jandaman
04-12-2010, 04:07 PM
oh and congrats going2, that's awesome :)

going2Bhealthy
04-13-2010, 10:06 AM
I'm sure you can get there if you try Jandaman!

I weighed in at 186.6 this morning so I'm calling it 187! Hopefully within the next 3 weeks I'll hit 182 and have hit that 2 stone mark which will be freaking off the chart amazing!!! :D

jandaman
04-15-2010, 04:31 AM
soooooooooo..got on the scale this morning and it said: 93.5 kg! v nice =)

u keep droppin dem stones going2! can't wait to be in onederland again....

mauvaisroux
04-19-2010, 12:43 PM
Good morning! :sunny:

Doing okay with the exercise this past week - did a lot of walking. Lost another pound ... slowly but surely... :)

going2Bhealthy
04-21-2010, 04:00 PM
Well done Jandaman and Mauv!! Keep at it :D

I made some stupidly bad choices at the end of last week so I didn't lose anything over all, but that's ok, everyday is an opportunity to do things corectly :)

eroica27
04-24-2010, 04:53 PM
I made it past the 50-something weight loss point!! still trying to hula hoop (drat my bodacious hips! they just don't move well)

jandaman
04-30-2010, 06:25 AM
dropped another 500 grams despite working crazy 7 day weeks and catching summer flu. ugh. better than gaining, right-o!!!

back on da horse going2! no self-flagellation!

congrats eroica! so jealous :)

going2Bhealthy
04-30-2010, 11:19 AM
hehe, self-flagellation!

I didn't record my tuesday weigh in (apart from on WW) because I was taking part in an April challenge, I weighed in at 184.6 this morning which put me .6 of a lb away from my target of 184, so I'm really happy! I do, of course, realise that I won't be as excited when I step on the scales this tuesday, but that's cool :)

going2Bhealthy
05-04-2010, 01:23 PM
How is everyone doing now we've left April behind? Did you meet your goals for the month? Do you have any goals or aims for May?

I'm aiming for another 8lbs loss, which will put me at 177 by the 31st of May, if it all goes smoothly of course!! If I get to 177 that leaves me with 9lbs to lose in the month of June to hit my Summer goal. Eep! It's all exciting and scary. I'm trying to focus on 2lb a week, although my body hasn't been that consistent recently, mostly what I put into it I guess!

Good Luck with May ladies xx

going2Bhealthy
05-11-2010, 03:34 PM
I weighed in at 182.8 this morning, so I'm calling it 183, only 2lbs and I will have lost 2 stone (28lbs) and get a reward, wooo!!!

going2Bhealthy
05-25-2010, 09:26 AM
Awww, everyone seems to be neglecting the summer challenge :(

Summer really is here in Italy (Yep, I said ITALY :D) it's averaging around 29C and it's too hot to be out in the middle of the day. I managed to get a bit sunburned yesterday due to my bad suncreen applying skills.

I hit and surpassed my 2stone marker (28lbs) and bought myself a bike as a reward :D So I've been biking around the little town we're living in here in Italy nearly everyday. I have been a little indulgent when it comes to booze, pizza and ice cream, but I can't be too bad as I've lost 3lbs in the past two weeks.

I'm going to work hard to start tracking again and be on plan for the end of may in the hopes of getting nearer my may goal of 177.

Have your eating or exercising habits changed with the weather at all? How are you all finding your personal challenges/goals going?

mauvaisroux
05-31-2010, 10:53 AM
Congratulations going2Bhealthy!

I am doing pretty good and hoping to reach my goal this summer. I've been getting out for walks more and using my exercise bike. Planning on getting back to dance class this week.

mauvaisroux
07-06-2010, 03:10 PM
How is everyone doing on the challenge?

I have been busy gardening, walking and doing yoga and have signed up for an aquafit class which starts next week. I am slowly losing but I have notice more energy and a change in body shape - :cb: