Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-04-2010, 12:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/220/120

Height: 5"9

Default Wants to feel beautiful and healthy

Hey Ladies!

I'm a current college student who has never felt comfortable in her own skin. I'm 5'9 and 220 lbs - technically obese! *gulp* I'm lucky in that I'm tall and can carry it fairly well, but the fact is that I'm unhealthy. I've tried Atkins when it was popular, with a moderate amount of success before falling off, then South beach a few times, but I've never been able to really stick with anything. I want to be able to enjoy my youth without feeling fat, ugly, and uncomfortable.

I've never really hated myself or considered an eating disorder- I honestly think that I'm pretty, and that I could be beautiful if I were at a healthy weight, but I hate that I don't have the willpower to take care of my body properly. I want to learn how to have control over my cravings and temptations, in all aspects of life, but this one in particular.

I would like to weigh 120 lbs, so I have 100 to lose. Overall, though, my goals are to look and feel sexy, confident, comfortable, and healthy.

One minor glitch: I broke my ankle recently, so although I am recovering, I'm unable to run or even cycle, and I don't know how to swim. Any suggestions?
Chupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 317/266.5/180

Height: 5'7"

Welcome to 3fc This is a great place to be. When I first started, I used my stats to keep me motivated. My measurments, and my blood pleasure was another motivator. I dont have any suggestions for your ankle, other than dont try to do to much once you get into exercising, you will end up aggragvating your ankle again. I have a knee injury, so I know how frustrating it can be. Just take it slow and if there are any trainers at your local gym, ask them for suggestions on taking care of your ankle.
possiblesuccess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 198.6/148/120

Height: 5'3"

Welcome, you are in the right place; however, I think that you final goal is too low for you.Ihope your ankle get well soon!
aluxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 308/176/150

Height: 5ft 5

Also think your goal weight sounds to low - maybe have a look at that.

How did you break your ankle? How much damage did you do? How long ago? I broke my fib, tib and 1 other bone in my ankle 18 months ago. I needed surgery and now have a plate and a total of 9 screws in it. I've lost 90lb I think since breaking it so there's no reason it should hold you back from weight loss once you've recovered. It did put my weight loss on hold for a while though I did manage to maintain in the months following my accident.

I asusme you've been given physio exercises to do - you need to do those for now serveral times a day. They'll help strengthen your ankle and help improve movement in it. If you're weight bearing now you need to begin by building up your walking. Once my ankle had recovered I started doing exercise dvd's at home (I try and do it 5 or 6 times a week). I still get a lot of pain in my ankle daily (but then I damaged it very badly) but I ignroe that and carry on exercising anyway (as the break in my ankle is fully recovered and I've built up the strength over time it's safe for me to do so).

I don' t know what stage of recovery you are at but may be worth asking your doctor or physio how much exercise your ankle is ready for. If you can't do much you can always exercise your arms with some weights while sitting or find other exercises suitable to do while sitting. I still can't run on my ankle. It was about 7 months after my break that I started to build up proper exercise rather than just walking and physio exercises. Don't rush it - it's not worth doing more damage to your ankle if it's not ready for more exercise.

If there's anything you want to know about broken ankle recovery feel free to ask
Rainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 182/180/135

Height: 5'5

Welcome ! Its a great place to talk with others and keep motivated!
reesespieces14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:58 PM   #6  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Maybe start with some upper body exercises to get your heart rate up for 20 minutes.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote