Old 03-03-2010, 01:17 PM   #1  

Default How does WW work?

I recently joined Metaoblic. But I am not really happy with the results, as they are slow. I am doing everything by the book and starving to death. I am thinking maybe I should of done WW. However, after having a $1000.00 invested into Metaoblic so far, I dont really have any extra to start another program right now. So I was just wondering if someone would be kind enough to give me some ideas as to how it works. Thanks in advance.
thatgirlamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:46 PM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

The basic idea is that you figure out how many Points a day you get to eat using a formula you are provided when you join. You are supposed to eat those Points, at a minumum, each day. On top of that, you are given an extra 35 Points a week to eat however you would like (or you can choose not to eat any of them). Finally you can earn Activity Points for exercising, and again choose to eat or not eat these.

Once you know how many Points you are allotted, you start counting the Points in the foods you eat. The Points values of foods are determined by a formula involving calories, fiber grams, and fat grams. You can eat anything you like, but if you're like me you'll probably want to eat as much food as possible while using as few Points as possible. So WW has things they suggest you eat called "Filling Foods"--basically the stuff you KNOW you should be eating but likely are not eating-fruits, veggies, lean protein.

There are at-home, online, and meetings options. I go to meetings, that face-to-face accountability is what I need to keep me on-track. None of the options are free, but most centers welcome you in to purchase the materials. I think you would need to sit through a meeting so you could get some of the new member materials and get started.

You should look on the WW website for more information.
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 227/205/160

Height: 5'5"

I have found that WW is such a easy way of following a healthy way of eating. I have been on it since Nov. 2009 and I feel so much better. I am satisfied of what I eat and never really feel deprived. Sure sometimes on one the weekends I do go off the plan a bit and during the holidays I did but the next day I am back on track. I have lost 22lbs. It comes off slow but that is what you want because you are less likely to gain it right back. I don't exercise as much as I should due to my work schedule but I do try and fit a 30 minute walk in at least 3 times a week. My budget is tight so I joined the W.W. online version when they offered it free for a week. I surfed that site and made many copies of recipes and helpful hints through out that free week. Then I discontinued my enrollment and been sticking to the plan ever since. Websites like this are a great help and also I have searched other websites relating to the W.W. by googling it. Good luck and I am sure you can do it!
Linners83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 04:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

What do you consider slow? I wouldn't consider WW to be a quick weight loss plan, but you lose at a reasonable rate. The basic principles of WW are pretty much the same as Calorie Counting. I think WW is easier than counting calories, but some calorie counters feel it is just the opposite.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 227/227/155

Height: 5'8"

I am pretty new to Weight watchers too.. I'm on my 2nd week. I was wondering about the flex points, will you still loose if you use all of them? or are they oops points. I'm doing it at home, and so I was just see what others had to say about this.
tamjom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:16 AM   #6  

Flex points can be used however you see fit. You can save them all up and use them for a special meal, or divide them up and add them to your daily points, which is what I do. I'm having steady losses of 1-2 pounds a week doing it this way.
nicolee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 10:38 AM   #7  

Height: 5'4"

Tamjom, yes you can choose to use them or not. I have tried a few different things, but I've settled on just using them on the nights when I eat out and firmly sticking to my daily points on the other days. That seems to be working for me.

My WW leader (and probably most leaders) suggested that we use them, if only to prevent us from feeling deprived and losing interest in staying on the program.
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote