Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-03-2010, 09:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 189/186/125

Height: 5'5"

Default Eating with a cold?

Does anyone else have trouble forcing themselves to eat when they have a cold?

My husband had a cold for a few days and yesterday he left for Fort Polk for three weeks for training (Army). Wouldn't you know, he left his cooties here with me as a parting gift! And mine is TEN TIMES worse than his was!!

But I really have alot of trouble forcing myself to eat when I have a cold. I can shove a bowl of oatmeal down just enough so I'm not taking cold meds on an empty stomach but that's about it. I have some chicken soup (no noodles) in the crockpot and I don't even want it.

*sigh*

Plus, it pretty much smashes my exercise routine. AND yesterday I drank an entire 2 liter bottle of soda because the fizz felt good on my throat. This has got to leave soon so I can get back on track
Brittany1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:45 AM   #2  
Gemma :)

S/C/G: 143.6/115.8/110

Height: 5"2

I know exactly what you mean because I felt like it last week! But I felt like I had to force myself because if I don't have enough calories one day I gain the next :/. Illnesses suck but getting the food down will help you in the long run. You know what they say "starve a fever, feed a cold." It's actually true the vitamins get you better a lottt quicker Hope you're feeling better soon! x
xgemziex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:52 AM   #3  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I tend to eat ok, but I have a hard time drinking. Like you said, the fizz of a drink feels good, but I can't have diet and won't have regular. I hate water when I'm sick. It doesn't go down right. It feel thicker and tastes awful.

I feel for you! I'm getting over bronchitis and my workouts suffered. It makes you feel at the time like you can't do it anymore and you want to give up. But the energy returns and the workouts go back to normal. Hang tight!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 189/186/125

Height: 5'5"

And with the water, I don't know, I feel like I'm drowning when I drink it. Because I cant breathe through my nose. lol.
Brittany1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:19 AM   #5  

Height: 5'4"

Oh my gosh, I thought I was weird for avoiding water when I have a cold. It is just not appetizing at all. I avoid juice most of the time to avoid drinking calories, but I crave it when I have a cold.

And yes, most food is also unappetizing when I am sick. I definitely become a fan of soup and Ramen with a cold.
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 04:01 PM   #6  
I shall be released...

Height: 5'8"

I just had a horrible cold last week (still not totally gone!) and not only did food just not sound good, I also felt really bloated. I looked into past threads and apparently that is normal, which is good because the scales were saying I was up 2 pounds!! Anyway, I knew I needed to eat so I had stuff like soup, fruit, and juice. The worst of it hit on my day off when I intended to have a bit work out day, but I spent the whole day on the couch instead.

I hope you're over your cold soon!!
JustSharing83 is offline   Reply With Quote