Old 03-02-2010, 11:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Default about endorphins...

I'm wondering if this is typical--

I get this very specific feeling-- like a prickly feeling on the back of my neck that spreads up the back of my head and the back of my arms. When I feel that I know I'm going to have an awesome workout!!!

Anybody else?
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:00 AM   #2  
Fighting The Binges

S/C/G: HW274/RW215?/GW137

Height: 5' 4"

I haven't noticed any particular feeling which follows on with the endorphin rush, but I'll try to be more aware and see if anything does happen.
Loving Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:51 AM   #3  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Huh...nothing like that for me. Endorphins hit afterwards for me. I liken it to what alcohol probably feels like to most people. I'm allergic to alcohol and it doesn't react right to me, so I don't get that relaxed, good feeling. But I do with endorphins! My muscles relax and the energy just flows like from a fountain. I get a rush of energy and peace. Love it!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:56 AM   #4  
poco a poco

S/C/G: 246/166.5/158

Height: 5'5"

I turn into a chatterbox after a good workout. Alcohol just makes me verrrry sleeeeeepy.
Nada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:43 AM   #5  

Height: 5ft6'

There is this ...thing that happens to lots of people. I think it's the rush of endorphens when the heart gets pumping. I've heard it called the runners high or a runners orgasam (*blush lol). If I have a realy good workout, just when it starts to get realy difficult and I think gee can i keep this up, I feel it. It's kind of in the same family as goose bumps, but flowey. I dunno how to explain it but it makes me feel awesome. And I usual;y kick it up a notch at that point.

Like today. Today was the best workout I've had in forever and the rush was there.
TraceyElaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:50 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceyElaine View Post
There is this ...thing that happens to lots of people. I think it's the rush of endorphens when the heart gets pumping. I've heard it called the runners high or a runners orgasam (*blush lol). If I have a realy good workout, just when it starts to get realy difficult and I think gee can i keep this up, I feel it. It's kind of in the same family as goose bumps, but flowey. I dunno how to explain it but it makes me feel awesome. And I usual;y kick it up a notch at that point.

Like today. Today was the best workout I've had in forever and the rush was there.
Yup! That's it! I had it yesterday during my run-- and as soon as I feel it, I know I'm good to go!

I used to feel something kind of like that pretty predictably exactly fifteen minutes into my swim... but when I run it's more noticeable (probably because I'm in more pain to start out with, LOL)

The other stuff-- the relaxed happy stuff after a workout, I feel that too, but that's not what I'm talking about.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:37 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Hmm I've never noticed that. I just noticed that I feel great and have more energy. Darn..I kinda feel like I'm missing out.
S.A.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote