100 lb. Club - Newest Favorite Food to EAT??

View Full Version : Newest Favorite Food to EAT??

Summerblue
03-02-2010, 02:34 PM
Hey Everyone

I tend to be a mono eater.....I can eat the same thing everyday, so I was wondering, what is your NEW favorite item to eat (that is on plan) :)

Thanks for sharing, I need some ideas!

JackiG
03-02-2010, 02:46 PM
Guacamole tacos (avocado, onion, tomato, very little salt and pepper) on a corn tortilla (heated on a pan sprayed with Pam) topped with lettuce and slices of tomatoes.

cathydoe
03-02-2010, 02:50 PM
This is going to sound crazy...CABBAGE! I have been adding it to everything! The other day I even put it flatbread with a laughing cow wedge. The other night I stir fried it with onions, soy sauce and brown rice...I thought it was to die for! There are tons'o cabbage recipes...I also use the broccoli slaw too that has carrots, cabbage & broccoli. YUMMY

FitGirlyGirl
03-02-2010, 02:50 PM
zucchini! I have a love affair with zucchini. I used to hate it, but one day shortly into this journey, while grocery shopping I suddenly wanted some. My husband looked at me like I was crazy, but we got some. Now I will eat zucchini any way you give it to me, except the battered and deep fried stuff, now why would you go and ruin perfectly good zucchini, grrr. I used to tell hubby I loved him more than chocolate, now I tell him I love him more than zucchini.

time2lose
03-02-2010, 02:52 PM
Summerblue, I am so glad to meet another mono eater! I don't need much variety in my food and my plan got so much easier when I quit trying. The items that I repeat often are
chicken,
Eggbeaters,
Green Giant Simply Steam Green Beans And Almonds (love them!)
Clementines
Hunts sugar free pudding
sugar free Jello
steamed broccoli

lizziep
03-02-2010, 03:01 PM
my new to me favorite item is morningstar breakfast patties (but not the "touch of maple" ones they are yuck!). I also discovered something I used to hate I now love - my dad used to cut a circle in a slice of bread and cook up an egg in the middle. Of course he used white bread and butter to fry it in... but it works just as well with whole grain in a non-stick pan!

out of the blue we decided we wanted to try a fresh pineapple and omg it is amazing. i never knew it was so delicious- only ever had it from a can. what a lie!! i grilled some up in a grill pan and it was an amazing dessert.

Charbar
03-02-2010, 03:03 PM
pineapple, cantaloupe, egg whites, oranges, (salt free) almonds, natural ovens breads, laughing cow, raspberries, fiber one yogurt, onions, red peppers... the list goes on :)

I would love to taking a cooking class now!

TJFitnessDiva
03-02-2010, 03:08 PM
My newest thing is Star fruit :)

FitGirlyGirl
03-02-2010, 03:15 PM
lizziep - OMG! I LOVE LOVE LOVE grilled pineapple. I use my foreman grill and sometimes I put a little grated ginger on them first. If you want some real decadence, add some vanilla yogurt when they are finished. Yummy! Dang, now I have to get a pineapple.

I have also had grapefruit go from the hate list to the love list and apples go from hate to like.

GirlyGirlSebas
03-02-2010, 03:25 PM
My newest thing is Star fruit :)

I saw those in the store, but I wasn't sure how to eat them. I never got around to googling them. They are good, huh?

My staple is steel cut oatmeal for breakfast and apples slices with peanut butter for a snack.

JustSharing83
03-02-2010, 03:27 PM
I bought Laughing Cow 35 calorie light swiss wedges last week and OMGOSH! I love them! I spread a wedge out on 10 Wheat Thins and have a great snack for around 100 calories. They also go really well with fruit.

ThicknPretty
03-02-2010, 04:06 PM
I also love laughing cow cheese!! The herb and garlic is the best. I also like the caramel rice cakes (mini), bananas, beef tips, tuna in a wheat wrap, strawberries, yogurt and granola, mixed nuts and beef jerky. I try to get as much variety as I can. If I get bored, I will give up.

What does a star fruit taste like?

Beverlyjoy
03-02-2010, 04:13 PM
Hi...here's a thread from way back when with many ideas.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/148105-what-foods-help-you-stay-your-plan.html

TJFitnessDiva
03-02-2010, 04:15 PM
It kind of tastes like a mix of apple, pear and a hint of citrus? lol I like it :)

http://thaifood.about.com/od/introtothaicooking/ss/starfruithowto.htm

ubergirl
03-02-2010, 04:15 PM
baked yam, skin removed, mashed with white pepper, salt, and butter-flavored spray.

JustBeckyV
03-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Hmmm - trying to think of something lol I don't guess I have any one thing. I have just rediscovered how good a salad could be. Oooh I know - salmon! I love it!! Never really cared for it much before but now -- mmmmmmm

PeanutsMom704
03-02-2010, 05:27 PM
I never heard it called this before, but I am a mono eater too! My breakfast and lunch is the same almost every day. Some variety with suppers, but I still mostly alternate from just a few different things.

When I posted about this before, I was relieved to find out that some experts suggest that it's actually easier to lose weight eating a smaller variety food - the more different things you eat, the more you are likely to eat overall.

As for the specific question, something new for me: I have always made homemade chicken soup, that's one of my staples that I have frequently. I cook it with celery, carrots and onion because that's how it tastes good but I don't like cooked celery, carrots or onions so I strain them out of the soup before eating it and don't have any veggies in it. A few weeks ago, I was having some soup and had also made some steamed broccoli to have as a side dish when I got the (for me! lol!) crazy idea to put the broccoli INTO the soup. It was so delicious!

I use broccoli to augment pasta or rice in things like white clam sauce or shrimp scampi, but just have never thought to put it into chicken soup. So for me, a new favorite thing to eat turned out to be combining things I was already eating in a new way.

Hello Nurse
03-02-2010, 06:48 PM
I am sort of a mono eater, but I get on "food jags" where I will eat the same thing for a couple weeks, then move on to something else. My current breakfast is a handfull of blueberries, a small handfull raw cashews, 1/2 cup Fiber One cereal, and light yogurt, all layered in a mug (2 layers of each). Before that it was Morningstar farms sausage with a little agave nectar and a couple deviled eggs.

Lunch has been a big salad and veggie/bean soup almost since I began this journey. I just change up the soup and salad toppings every week. Dinner is really the only thing that varies somewhat.

Beverlyjoy
03-02-2010, 07:02 PM
I tend to eat a combination the same array of things at breakfast - egg white scramble (sometimes with veggies or turkey pepperoni), toast or English muffins, pnb,fruit, boca bacon, - or sometimes, instant grits. (Since I take synthroid for my thyroid - I don't eat dairy products in the morning because calcium interferes with it's absorbtion. That I miss.)

Lately I've been enjoying cups of yogurt or pudding I've frozen in the freezer - it's like a lovely cup of faux 'ice cream'. Yum.

Bombe
03-02-2010, 08:02 PM
Another mono-eater here!

The first thing that comes to mind is yogurt, I have one every single day! I buy the non fat variety and my favorite flavors are lemon and coconut, I mix it up sometimes with other flavors but not a whole lot.

For breakfast I usually have the same thing with the ingredients changed up a little bit. I almost always have eggs, sometimes I'll fry them with cooking spray, sometimes I'll make an omelet but they are almost always just the egg whites. I'll add some type of morning star product (right now I'm on a black bean burger kick but I've also used the fake sausage and chicken) and a slice of fat free Kraft "sharp cheddar." I'll also add bell pepper or onion or salsa or whatever other veggies I feel like putting on.

For a while I went on a raw oats kick where I would eat raw oats with some type of fruit, some type of nuts and some almond milk. My favorite was toasted pecans and strawberries.

Lastly I've been eating a lot of Quinoa (pronounced keen-wah), it has a fantastic very mild nutty flavor and I use it in place of rice or cous cous or other grains like that. Very good for you!

Trazey34
03-03-2010, 10:01 AM
I'm kind of a mono-eater too!

for Breakfast: either oatmeal, or Corn Fibre Squares (something like that??) wicked cold cereal with a hint of sweet & crunch but nutritionally sound! I'm all over that these days!

My GO TO dinner is a big huge salad, with spring mix and colourful veg, sliced grilled chicken and Kraft low-cal Balsamic dressing is like CRACK to me now lol it's soooo yumm and so easy and plain! go figggur!

Summerblue
03-03-2010, 11:10 AM
My staple is steel cut oatmeal for breakfast and apples slices with peanut butter for a snack.

Have you ever done that in a crockpot over night??? I hear it's FABULOUS! :)

Gourmet Bean
03-03-2010, 12:02 PM
Guacamole tacos (avocado, onion, tomato, very little salt and pepper) on a corn tortilla (heated on a pan sprayed with Pam) topped with lettuce and slices of tomatoes.

Holy crap that sounds delicious. Minus the onions because I've never liked them. Blech.

giselley
03-03-2010, 12:08 PM
I'm on a cabbage kick myself. Eat it nearly every meal now. For the last few days I've been eating raw asparagus.

Kayhm0711
03-03-2010, 03:57 PM
I love Laughing cow cheese. The wedges are awesome. I buy the special K crackers multi grain and they are like 17 crackers for 90 calories. SOOO GOOD! Lately I have been on a orange and clementine kick. I keep buying those LIL CUTIES. My daughter who is 2.5 loves the lil cuties.

I also like sugar free pudding, chocolate ones curb the craving. Chicken brocolli and cheese.

Besides oranges and clementimes I have been eating Baked Potatoes probably 3-4x a week. I love them with I can't believe it's not butter spray on them. Sometimes I put salsa on my potatoe too, wierd kind of, but it's good.

Blairsey
03-03-2010, 04:28 PM
I have either Fiber One original or Kashi GoLean...or a mixture of the two...every morning. I have at least 1 yogurt a day and I have cottage cheese and blueberries every day. And, I'm totally into wraps right now. I've been eating them daily for a month. LOL I'll make them with grilled chicken, turkey, beans, refried beans, beef, pork,...whatever. I use the low carb whole wheat tortillas and always add fresh spinach, or spring mix if I'm out of the spinach, then I add whatever other combo of other veggies, cheese, or salsa, maybe pizza sauce. Sometimes I grill it in my George Forman, sometimes not...

I bought a big bag of navel oranges last week and they have become a daily must have. Soooooo good.

cfmama
03-03-2010, 04:34 PM
My NEWEST favorite food to eat WAS rye bread... until I discovered how much salt was in it (hence the scale going up I believe).

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the small cans of flavoured cloverleaf tuna. ESPECIALLY the lemon pepper. OMG SO YUM. On rice cakes with laughing cow? Heaven.

Beverlyjoy
03-03-2010, 04:46 PM
I forgot - clementines - almost everyday! They are so good this year.

brandijune44
03-03-2010, 05:00 PM
This makes me laugh...I too am a mono eater (Sounds like a dinosaur..."I am the great MONOEATOR")

These are my staples right now that I can't live without...
Quinoa (my favorite is quinoa salad with FF feta, diced kalamata olive, cucumbers, onion, red pepper, lemon, dill, basil...YUM It's really easy to take to work for lunch with a protein after making a huge batch on Sunday)
Lite coconut milk (has allowed me to eat cereal in the mornings again because I don't like milk or soy milk...It only takes 1/3 cup because it's so rich and creamy..mmmm)
Avacado (1/4 of an avacado on a salad for dinner and it feels like I am really treating myself)

mojolove05
03-03-2010, 05:37 PM
I used to HATE sweet potatoes. Now I cube them and toss with a lil EVOO and cinnamon roast in oven for 30 mins and then mix a tiny bit of Splenda brown sugar and spray butter and pour on top. Extremely good. I also like eating baked sweet potato fries or baked sweet potatoes.

Wizzie
03-04-2010, 03:57 PM
My newest new food love is Kiwi!

JustSharing83
03-04-2010, 05:50 PM
I also love Progresso soup!! My favorite is their light chicken noodle. Someone on here recommended adding a little hot sauce, and wow! I love that, so thanks to whoever posted that!!

So today I had a can of soup, 10 Veggie Thins with a Laughing Cow wedge spread on them, and a big glass of water - It was 250 calories and left me totally stuffed!! That's pretty much my current favorite lunch. Sometimes I add fruit as well. :)

dietcokehead98
03-04-2010, 06:05 PM
I slice up an organic apple in wedges and spread a bit of a wedge of laughing cow light on each slice-decadent!

Terre
03-04-2010, 06:11 PM
I am eating a fiber one (oats and peanutbutter) and a apple for breakfast. Feels like I'm cheating.

MamaP
03-04-2010, 06:14 PM
One of my newest favorite foods is Light & Fit Yogurt. Yesterday I tried freezing them and it was soooo good. I think it is best about 3/4 of the way frozen. The other thing I really like is Special K Fruit Crisps, comparable taste to a poptart, but only 100 calories and 2 grams of fat. Also very good.

------------------------
Kris
Dancing away the pounds
One :dancer: for every 5 lbs. lost
:dancer:

Summerblue
03-04-2010, 08:26 PM

I just had this last night for dinner - WHOA it was awesome!!!! :carrot:

MomtoThree
03-04-2010, 08:34 PM
Oh my favorites right now are the chocolate vitamuffins. I love them crumbled up with some strawberries and a squirt of whipped cream. It is my decadent treat when I really miss desserts.