100 lb. Club - I did it (small victory here)

View Full Version : I did it (small victory here)

Summerblue
03-02-2010, 10:01 AM
I managed to make it thru the night last night without my LATE NIGHT SNACK - it was HORRIFIC for a moment, but I had done so good all day and followed my calorie counting, journaled everything, drank lots of water AND excercised.

I wanted that SNACK so darn bad! I say snack and that is really a very loose term- but it happends for me (my witching hour) is around 9pm. Can anyone feel me on that one?

So I brushed my teeth and drank a big glass of water and can on this website to look at some before and after pictures.

Then my husband pronounces I AM HUNGRY! I am like.......goodnight - for pete's sake.

So I got up this morning and did my excercise and here I am.

I hope and pray that I can continue to fight that 9pm urge to EAT (horribly unhealthy things) - I am not really stocking any horribly unhealthy things, but its amazing how you can make some ridiculous conconction up.

Anyway on to day 2.

Thank you so much for all of the encouragement I have received in my 24 hour journey so far.

xo ;)

Ten Years
03-02-2010, 10:07 AM
Oh fantastic! That's great, good work.

It doesn't take long to get out of those habits, especially if you make some new, healthier ones to replace them.

Way to go!

L R K
03-02-2010, 10:11 AM
Well done on that NSV :) :cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3:

JackiG
03-02-2010, 10:13 AM
You did a great job! I hope today is easier for you!

Beverlyjoy
03-02-2010, 10:21 AM
That's wonderful. Good use of some distraction methods!!

time2lose
03-02-2010, 10:25 AM
Congrats! You did great and it will get easier.

Trazey34
03-02-2010, 10:25 AM
sorry, that's not really a little victory...

THAT IS A HUGE FREAKIN VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

saying NO once makes it easier to say NO again and again!!! I know there's every kind of advice imagineable on this site, but if i can offer my 2 cents, I swear I've lost 100 plus pounds MOSTLY because after dinner and a cup of tea and a small (healthy) treat, the kitchen is CLOSED! I'm sure at least 50% of folks on here swear by snacks and I can handle them during the day, but at night it's a lethal activity LOL So i just eliminated it! don't miss it! makes it soooo much easier!!

Eliana
03-02-2010, 10:47 AM
I think you were wise to go to bed. That's one of my tricks too. If it's late and close to bed time and I want something to eat, I tend to go to bed instead. I'm fortunate that I'm asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow and I don't notice hunger.

rockinrobin
03-02-2010, 11:06 AM
I hope and pray that I can continue to fight that 9pm urge to EAT (horribly unhealthy things) -

)

Of course you can. You did it once, you can do it again and again!

Just because you have the urge/desire/craving to eat something, doesn't mean you have to give into it. We make mature, reasonable, rational, sensible decisions all day long. Your food intake is no different. As you now know! Wanting something, just for the sake of wanting it is no longer relevant. You must always remember what you want MORE. What you want the MOST.

And yes, it does get easier. Turning down food when not hungry will become natural and normal to you. And here's the great part - eventually - you want even want it. Yup. It's true!

Congratulations and keep up the great work!

MamaP
03-02-2010, 11:29 AM
That's awesome! Congrats! I too have trouble with that late-night snacking and I think it is simply out of boredom. So since discovering this site, I've been spending that time at night reading the forums. It has helped a great deal. I've decided it's not worth ruining a whole day of hard work.

Kris
Dancing away the pounds! :dance:

MomtoThree
03-02-2010, 12:30 PM
Wow, that is a wonderful NSV. I hope one day I can also claim that one.

kuhrisuh
03-02-2010, 12:37 PM
that's a HUGE victory in my book!! :cheer2: you're getting stronger & stronger every day :] keep it up!!

jigglefree
03-02-2010, 12:58 PM
Congrats. I used to have to fight through the bewitching hour and you are right it can be difficult but you proved to yourself last night you can do it. If you did it once you CAN do it again.

:carrot::carrot: Do the happy dance, do the happy dance. :carrot::carrot:

Summerblue
03-02-2010, 01:45 PM
Thanks Everyone!!!!! It all really helps, all of your words and encouragement.

I am walking for excercise at this point...........what do you do?

Eliana
03-02-2010, 01:52 PM
I am walking for excercise at this point...........what do you do?

Walking is great! I do a little of everything. I walk outside and I walk/run around my ping pong table when watching TV. :D I have an exercise ball and hand weights for strength training. I run up and down my stairs. I jump rope without a rope.

I'll try just about anything that doesn't involve buying a machine. :D

Michelle98272
03-02-2010, 02:28 PM
- I am not really stocking any horribly unhealthy things, but its amazing how you can make some ridiculous conconction up.

Mmmmhmmmm....I've broken out the box of prunes to snack on when desperately wanting something sweet but fighting a craving. I purged my home of all junky food so the prunes was all I had that was chewy and sweet. Not that I paired them with anything but...C'mon, Prunes? When I'm craving something...1 or 2 won't help! I ate about 15. LOL :eek: Can I just tell you at 3 am, I regretted that decision. TMI, I woke up with cramps, tried to pass gas but shat my pajamas instead.

I used to be a big time 9pm snacker, too. I switched it up with a cup of hot Camomile tea with 2 tsp Honey and 4 oz sugar free/fat free yogurt that I plan into my day. It took me about a week of gutting it out...until the habit of the tea/yogurt combo kicked in and now that's my habit. Right after the tea, I brush, floss and gargle with original Listerine to REALLY send a signal to my mouth that we are DONE eating.

Congrats on resisting the urge. It does get easier. Welcome to day 2!!

Summerblue
03-02-2010, 03:52 PM
Mmmmhmmmm....I've broken out the box of prunes to snack on when desperately wanting something sweet but fighting a craving. I purged my home of all junky food so the prunes was all I had that was chewy and sweet. Not that I paired them with anything but...C'mon, Prunes? When I'm craving something...1 or 2 won't help! I ate about 15. LOL :eek: Can I just tell you at 3 am, I regretted that decision. TMI, I woke up with cramps, tried to pass gas but shat my pajamas instead.

HAHAH when you wrote PRUNES, I re-read that and had to laugh then thought that might not be a good idea then read that at 3pm it wasn't haha

Yah i was looking at a piece of celery with hershey kisses i use for baking, thinking i could melt it on there - oy!

thanks for the support :)

FitGirlyGirl
03-02-2010, 04:07 PM
:congrat: I also vote for it not being a small victory, it's huge. You can manage day 2 as well, and 3, and 4, and to infinity. You are a strong #FC chick, and you can do anything.

Walking is great exercise. I am working on becoming a runner, so I walk/jog/run on the treadmill a lot. I also walk around my neighborhood when the weather is nice. I do DVDs (mostly Jillian ones), Wii stuff, dumb bell exercises, dance, zumba classes, bike, elliptical, or just march in place while watching a movie or something. As long as you're moving, it's all good.

slimsilhouette2b
03-02-2010, 04:45 PM
That's great!! :) Good job with will power!!

We save our dessert for 9pm because if we eat it earlier by 9pm I gotta have something to eat. My solution was to save some points for my 9pm snack. It's this time of day that I have the hardest time with. haha.

JustBeckyV
03-02-2010, 06:00 PM
That is great! Keep it up!

Angihas2
03-02-2010, 06:19 PM
Congrats!!! thats a wonderful NSV to celebrate and each time you do it, it becomes more and more ingrained.

marigrace
03-02-2010, 10:02 PM
That was funny, Summerblue...I needed that !

eratosthanes
03-02-2010, 10:24 PM
That is SO great! I am only about two months into this, and I can tell you, my binging has become lower in calories, with more time in-between. One thing that really helped me was actually ACCOUNTING for my 5 am binge by allowing just enough calories for a glass of 1% milk and a piece of fruit, or a single Tb of natural PB. Since starting my IR meds, and making sure I can have SOMETHING for my early blood-sugar low, I have only binged twice, and each time it was because I didn't get enough at dinner. Gotta save for that, too, lol.

S.A.S.H
03-05-2010, 07:25 AM
I think it's great. :) I'm like you, my house can be completely free of crap food but if I REALLY want to binge, I will find something to eat. :lol: Usually I'll go for my whole grain cereal, or some cheese. Is it a bad food choice? No, but eating an unplanned extra 2 bowls, or 200 cals of cheese is still considered a binge for me.

However, just take it one day, one food choice, one bite at a time. Pretty soon it will be more habit to make that healthier choice, then to not to.

As someone else once said, "nothing tastes as good as being thin feels".