Old 03-02-2010, 06:20 AM   #1  

Height: 6'0"

Talking I owe ya'll :)

First I want to say thank you to all of those who have responded to my posts in the past. It means a lot to me that ya'll actually read and then the few that post, I want you to know that I read every single word ya'll have said. Thank you all so much for the support. I know that no one can give me to motivation I need and that it can only come from within. That being said--I've decided to suck it up, stop feeling sorry for myself and do something about losing weight. Ya'll have been my motivation

Anyways--I was wondering if any of ya'll could give me some quick & easy recipes that are healthy and delicious? I'm a college student who isn't much of a cook. I can/will cook but my attention span sucks so I like doing the quick and easy meals when I do cook because if its longer than 30-45 minutes, I end up burning something. Haha

Also, do ya'll have any great workout advice/routines? I just started to run again and I enjoy it but it can get boring. I have a gym membership as well. I don't own a bike nor do I go swimming (bc I hate swimsuits for the time being...haha) or any great DVD's ya'll have used or running/walking techniques.

Thanks so much. Ya'll have been great. I hope to get some great responses like I have in the past. Thanks so much!!
texas12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 145/ticker/125

Height: 5' 2"

Well, I run my own blog of recipes: http://amateurnutritionist.blogspot.com, but some of them are pretty labor intensive. I don't list nutritional information (on purpose, actually, because I'm trying to get away from thinking of food as "numbers") but they all have reasonable portion sizes--generally 400-500 calories per meal or 100-200 calories per treat. You can check out magazines like Eating Well--I get a lot of ideas from them.

My only running/walking technique is a stash of shows to watch while I'm on the treadmill
tkm256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:54 PM   #3  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

check out hungrygirl.com. I just had egg mug for lunch (egg beaters plus laughing cow in the microwave--v. low cal and doesn't get any easier than that.)
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote