Old 03-01-2010, 10:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/184/150ish

Height: 5'11"

Default p90x started today. Yeehaw!

And day 1 results? Well, I'm currently trying to figure out how the heck I'm going to get my hair washed because my arms are so tired I can barely lift them. My abs? I don't even want to think about my abs. They're beyond jello. I'm pretty sure it's going to hurt to breathe tomorrow. But I feel so fantastic it's ridiculous. I LOVE these workouts. I've never had ones that pushed me this hard that I actually looked forward to. I actually think I can keep up with this one for the full 90 days it's designed for (and then start over and repeat the sequence). Everything else I've secretly hated and attempted to drag myself through without much enthusiasm, and always slacked off after a couple of weeks at the most.

I did make sure I paced myself and didn't push myself past my limits (these videos are awesome for pushing you hard, but not making you feel like a failure if you don't keep up with them). I did a week of the videos just to see what they were like and what sort of weights I'd need to get through them. I could barely feel any soreness or tiredness last week. I upped the weights just a little, and pushed out some more reps, and hoooo boy do I feel it now.

This is more of a post to remind myself of how awesome I feel right now, so that tomorrow when I wake up and can't move and don't want to do plyometrics (the next DVD in the rotation) I can remember that the hardest part is just getting started, and after that, it's awesome. I never understood that 'after exercise euphoria' everyone talks about. I always just felt wiped and exhausted after workouts. But I can guarantee that I haven't pushed myself this hard ever, and I feel awesome.

Has anyone else done the full 90 days with the diet plan? I know there was juuuust a topic on this, but apparently my eyes don't want to cooperate because I don't see it. I'm not expecting to be exactly where I want my body to be at the end of it, but I'm hoping to be ready for summer clothes by the end of May!
spikedpunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Way to go!

I really want to try it but everytime I think about it I freak out

Let us know how it goes
HaleyisLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:02 PM   #3  

Good luck! I haven't done P90X but I've done Insanity so I know how you're feeling. It's very empowering but at the same time I thought I would DIE during those workouts!!
tiffany0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:11 PM   #4  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

Is this something you're planning to work into your lifestyle from here on out? I've always wondered that about doing a dvd like p90x or 30ds that's designed for a set period of time. Are you going to keep doing the p90x series over and over, or switch to different dvds, or just continue with basic strength training, or keep up the diet...what do you have to do so that you don't lose your results? My bf is about to start this, and I was thinking about doing it with him, but it seems like a big commitment to make for the rest of my life (or the foreseeable future, at least.) What are your thoughts?
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:29 PM   #5  

I intend to do at least two rounds (or at least make it p120x, which is generally when women see the most results vs the 90 days.), and then after that just focus on strength training and probably still pop in one of the cardio DVDs of the series. I definitely can't pretend I'm going to do p90x for the rest of my life. I have a feeling I'll need a decent length break from it after the two rounds because I'll be bored with the workouts. Like I said, I've yet to find any other DVDs I actually enjoy, but I know Tony Horton (the p90x guy) has some other DVDs out that I might try. And then there's p90x plus which steps it up yet another notch.

And I don't think I'll need quite as much of a workout to maintain the muscle as I will to build the muscle and lose the fat. My usual diet isn't too different from what they recommend (when I'm actually watching what I eat that is), but I'm not planning on following theirs exactly for the reasons you mentioned. If the diet isn't something I can naturally do without having to go back to the book and obsess over every meal every single day, it's not something I'll be able to keep up with.

Then again, I'm not actually attempting to look like the girls on the DVDs. I don't think I could ever have the dedication to have as much muscle and as little body fat as they do. Right now I'm just focusing on getting into better shape and lowering my body fat percentage. After that, I'll see what I need to do to maintain it.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:58 PM   #6  
Buhbye, saddlebags...

S/C/G: 170/164/135

Height: 5'5"

You've inspired me to start back up with P90X... I love the DVD's but I have a hard time sticking with it for longer than a couple of weeks! I'm training for a marathon right now and I think doing the resistance workouts and the Ab Ripper X on top of my running could be a great combo! Best of luck, I can't wait to see how it works out for you!
weeblesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:18 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 154/147.75/120

Height: 5'2-3" ish

I've heard some awesome things. A friend of mine just finished the first 30 days, and his pictures look amazing. And he's only at the half way point.
Can you tell me a little about the work outs? I've been thinking of picking them up after I saw his success. Let us know how it goes!
JadeBlue14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 02:26 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 198/128/124

Height: 5'8"

spikedpunch- what weights do you suggest (obviously we all have different strength levels but I'm just looking for a ballpark)? I just got the DVDs, but all I have are 25lbs dumbbells which is too high for this so I need to go get some weights before I can start

thanks!
blackbeltchica19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:08 AM   #9  

Jadeblue - Some DVDs are strength training (theres a chest & back; biceps, triceps, and shoulders; and legs & back one for the first month), there's a plyometrics day (jump training), core synergesics which I haven't done yet, and yoga. For the "lean" version, there is a cardio DVD that takes the place of one of the strength days, but I can't remember which one. Then after strength training days there is Ab ripper X which will work your core like you've never worked it before (at least I never have). They're about an hour long (yoga is 1.5 hours, and ab ripper x is 15 minutes). So it's a bit of a time commitment, but thus far I've managed to squeeze it all in.

Except for yesterday. I had/have a cold and felt awful yesterday, so I didn't workout. My goal today is to do shoulders/bis/tris before work, and then do yoga after work so that tomorrow I'm right where I should be. But we'll see if I have the energy for yoga tonight.

blackbeltchica: I use from 5's (pretty much only for straight arm shoulder flys or whatever they're called though) up to 10's because 10's are the highest I have. I wish I had higher ones for some of the back exercises. But I probably use my 10's the most, followed by my 8's, and I can still definitely feel it the next day even if I think I could've gone with a higher weight.

Last edited by spikedpunch; 03-04-2010 at 09:09 AM.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:40 AM   #10  
Stay true till the finish

S/C/G: HW/169 SW/157 CW/144.0 GW/129

Height: 5'4

I just ordered mine yesterday, super excited. Does it take up a lot of room, cause I am limited on space...Also, what do you do for pull ups if you can't do more than one of those at the time? Hopefully all those Jillian Michaels DVD's I did got me into semi decent shape to be able to do this, it seems very intimidating! The results I've seen are amazing though so I am going to bust my a** for this one lol.
jennsreadytolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:27 PM   #11  

Nope, it doesn't take up much room at all. I have a pretty small area rug in my living room and I don't have to leave it while doing the videos. For the pull ups there are a couple of things. There is the assisted pull up with a chair that he shows you. Or you can use resistance bands, which is what I do, since I don't think I can do a pull up. I'm also too cheap to buy a pull up bar.