Weight Loss Support - 300+ And Ready To Try Again......#206

QueenB
08-29-2002, 01:03 PM
:wave: WELCOME!! :wave:

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

QueenB
08-29-2002, 01:21 PM
Goooooood Mooooorning 3FC!!! How is everyone today? Great, I hope. I have a huge dilemna, and I need your help. :?: I hate to even admit this, because it will make me seem like a huge loser, but you guys are my friends and I know you will understand.

Ok, here goes: As most of you know, I started a new job back in June. I was previously working at an answering service. I loved the job...........the answering service was great. But, the boss was NOT. As many of you may remember. So, I found another job.....working at the hospital in patient accounts. The hours are 8-5. No weekend work. Good insurance. Awesome benefits. Great working conditions. Awesome boss. And I'm miserable. I hate it. :p I'm crazy, I know. It just doesn't make sense. I should be happier than I've ever been, and I dread going to work every day. I don't know if it's the collection part of it or what, I can't put my finger on it, but I hate feeling this way. The one thing I could say about working at the answering service, is that I loved the job. It was never boring and I loved talking to all different kinds of people. The boss, however, was not my cup of tea. But.......NEWSFLASH! She is gone! It was the wierdest thing I have ever seen!! She has worked there over 15 years and apparently, her and the owner got into a scuffle because he wanted her to cut down operator hours and she said she couldn't, and he kept pushing and she said, 'If you want to cut out hours, cut out mine." And he did. SHE IS GONE! And I just got a call from the assistant manager who is one of my best friends, and there is an opening on third shift! Now, I know I was unhappy when I was on third shift before, but there were different circumstances at the time. I think it would really work for me now, because dh is on first and the kids are back in school, so I would really be able to actually get some sleep during the day and would be here at night to go to the practices and things like that. This is all so confusing. I am so torn on the issue and I'm not sure what to do. That's why I need your help. :?: Please be honest with me and tell me what you think I should do.

:dizzy: ~~ :eek: ~~ :shrug: ~~ :stress: ~~ :tired: ~~ :yikes:

SaraJoy
08-29-2002, 02:11 PM
Well, my initial interview with that adult piano student was a bust yesterday; she didn't show up. I thought she'd chickened out and decided NOT to try piano lessons. I must admit; I was SUPER-PEEVED that she didn't bother to call and cancel! Turns out, though, that (somehow) she COMPLETELY forgot our meeting (scheduled 2 days ago) so we rescheduled it for next week.

Congratulate me. I did NOT weigh myself this morning. Think my scaloholic ways/weighs will win out before next Wednesday? Probably... :lol: but we'll see!

Tina... I think you should do whatever will make you happy! You know, if I've learned one thing in my 25 LONG years on this planet (I know, I know, I'm the thread baby), :bb: it's that you have one life to live and you should do what will make you happy in the long run. (This sentiment is also applicable to DIETING!) It's definitely NOT nice to get up every morning and drag yourself to a job that you hate... SO many ppl do this and it's SO sad! I say quit if you're miserable and take back your old job, now that the ICTCHY-BAY manager is gone! :lol:

Baylee... Hee, hee. It DID make me laugh this morning! Hope your tooth has been taken care of.

A big HELLO to everyone else out there: J-Ann, Thin, Mary, Malia, Kat (in absenteeism), Steph, 2Cute, and anybody else I might be forgetting! Howdy to you lurkers too! Feel free to join in with this rowdy bunch!

TTFN,
Sara :)

SaraJoy
08-29-2002, 02:16 PM
You snuck in while I was posting!

Ohhh... I felt SO bad for you when you wrote that you get a sick, tense feeling in your stomach every morning! I know the feeling you mean and it's sooo terrible! :(

On the other hand, I completely understand why you're staying. It SUCKS that you're staying there because you need the insurance because of cancer! I just wanted to send you a BIG {{{{HUG}}}}!

bobsgal
08-29-2002, 05:03 PM
iI think you should go back to your old job if that's where you were happy being. And it seems like the hours agree with your family situation so I say Go For It! Sara- for what it's worth, I think I'm the baby now. I'm 24, will be 25 in January. So far food and exercise have been good this week. Just a quick question for anyone who has the Walk Away the Pounds weighted balls. I just got mine and this might sound like a stupid question, but how do you fill them? I've tried blowing into them and also a bike pump, but can't get the air to stay in long enough to put the stopper back in. Help!
Steph

LuckyLadyBug
08-29-2002, 10:26 PM
From one Minnesotan to another, Baylee, I loved the joke.....

Tina, oh.......go for being happy.....sit down and really think and FEEL about each job and go for happy....:cb: :goodvibes:

I could tell you my long story about jobs and being happy but I have been sooooo tired lately..well, since Monday and really don't have the energy to write out the whole thing...but the bottom line is "Be Happy"!!!!! Corney but true.

I hope to be rested and posting this weekend. Of course, as always I have yard work but otherwise will be checking in here.

What are you all doing for this long weekend?

thinthinker
08-29-2002, 11:10 PM
Hi everybody! :wave: Food was better today.......finally! :eek: I got a call at the last minute last night so had to be at Walmart this morning to work on blue jeans! What a mess! I was able to bypass the PB cups again today, so that is a good thing. I bought some more Pria bars and had one of those on the way home instead. :D

Tina: There is nothing.....I mean NOTHING worse that a job you hate!! :yikes: I've been there and done that. If your DH's job provides the benefits that your family needs in terms of insurance etc. then there shouldn't be any doubt in your mind. If however, the bennies from DH's job are not up to par, then there might be a consideration. My best friend works full time as a custodian in a local school district and hates it. But the pay is good and the bennies are wonderful AND her husband can't work due to many health issues, so she has no choice, so I can certainly understand your hesitancy if that's an issue. My DH's benefits are good, not great, but good enough to let me dabble in whatever I like. And I really do love my CURRENT job and that's really a big PLUS!

To everybody else, I will just say howdy. I'm going to turn in early tonight. :yawn:

DH had his interview this morning and it went well. Of course, he interviewed with the same person that he interviewed with last December, so we'll see what happens. Still keep your fingers crossed for him. Pleeeeeese.

Tomorrow I have the day off. With some effort, I might be able to get some housework done. :o My niece is getting married on Saturday. Sunday and Monday, no plans for now. Just taking life one day at a time.

Since we have a couple of ladies looking for sexy :strong: hunka, hunkas I thought I would post this joke. It was in my inbox this afternoon. Hope you get a little chuckle out of it! :lol:

A somewhat older, lonely lady decided that she needed a pet to keep her company. So off to the pet shop she went. Forlornly, she searched. Nothing seemed to catch her interest, except this one ugly frog. As she walked by the barrel he was in, he looked up and winked at her!

He whispered, "I'm lonely too, buy me and you won't be sorry."

The old lady figured, what the heck, as she hadn't found anything else. So, she bought the frog and went to her car. Driving down the road the frog whispered to her, "Kiss me, you won't be sorry."

So, the lady figured what the heck, and kissed the frog.

Immediately the frog turned into an absolutely gorgeous, sexy, handsome, young prince. Then the prince kissed her back, and do you know what the old lady turned into?

The first motel she could find..........(She's old, not dead) :joker:

Have a good night, my friends. Love :love: to all!

SaraJoy
08-30-2002, 01:42 AM
I'm feeling pretty good right now... I just went jogging! When I first started dieting, I TRIED to jog but my legs were SO sore after going a really short distance that I quickly gave up on the idea. Well, I tried again tonight for the first time since then (57 pounds lighter) and my legs didn't get tired at all! I jogged for 20 minutes straight!!!:smug: I might make an effort to do this a few times a week as I haven't been able to find too many tennis partners lately! (I'd play everyday if I could!)

Lucky... I can't BELIEVE I forgot to say hi to you in my list of hellos! I must be nutty! HI! Hello! Howdy!:wave: To answer your weekend question, I get to spend this last long summer weekend helping my BIL move. Yipey! :( My hubby and I had to pass up free box seats at a Blue Jays Game to help... Man! Is my BIL gonna owe us! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thin... Positive {{{VIBES}}} for hubby's job! Finger, toes and eyes crossed! :)

Steph... You ARE the :bb:! I dunno how I feel about not being the baby anymore. I may start biting! :joker:

I'm off to bed now! G'night and G'morning ladies!

Grannie39074
08-30-2002, 09:08 AM
Happy Friday all
Tina: I agree go for happy if you get a chance.

I got my frst check from my new job it is good. I am buying some new kitchen cabinetsout of it. Hope all of you have a great day.

thinthinker
08-30-2002, 10:53 AM
Good morning everybody! :wave: I'm sitting here with color on my hair. My first 'to do' thing from the list for today. :) Both of the boys are home today, so I think I will take them out to lunch. I won't tell you where we're going, because you would all yell at me, but I was waaaaay under my WW points yesterday (probably because I napped all afternoon :o ) so I'm thinking I can do this.

Sara: WOW, jogging? I wouldn't dream of it! :yikes: I would stop at the end of the block but my flab would keep running for miles!!! What a picture!!! Good for you though, I think it's wonderful that you are doing so well!

Baylee: If you make an appointment with a new dentist, make sure to go to the old guy and sign out your x-rays to take with you. That won't guarantee the new guy won't take more, but at least if he does it will give him something to compare them to. I hope you get some relief soon.

Mary: WOW, that must have been some check! I'd like to get new cabinets for my kitchen even though these were new about 15 years ago. It's amazing how banged up they can get.

Malia: Where are you, honey? We haven't heard from you in a bit and I don't think you've left for Europe yet. Please let us know how you are.

Well girls, I think the color's about ready to come off. I'll let you all go. Not sure if I'll get back later today or not, lots to do on my day off. Hold down the fort. Love :love: to all.

SaraJoy
08-30-2002, 02:52 PM
You guys are silly! :dizzy: Quoting THIN... "my flab would keep running for miles." :lol: Actually, I stole an idea from a friend of mine who was large-chested. She wears 2 bras when jogging; a regular one and with a very-tight sports one on top. Together they make my chest area "rock-solid" and there's no bouncing there at all! :lol: That little tidbit of information turned out to be GOLD! The other "piece of equipment" that kept me motivated last night was my little mp3 player (I've mentioned it before) that my husband purchased for me, on my b-day, a month before I started dieting. I've filled it with lots of "get-me-going" tunes like "It's Raining Men" (I thought of LUCKY when I was putting that one on!!!). :lol:

I think I'll go again tonight unless crazier, wilder Friday night plans come up! Here's for hoping they will! :dancer:

Okay, time to get my butt into gear and out of the comfy computer chair!

See everyone in a bit!

QueenB
08-30-2002, 06:14 PM
Hey chickadees!! How are you all doing? :) The first thing I need to tell every one of you is THANK YOU. Thank you so much for all of your helpful advice regarding the job issue. And in case you've been waiting on pins and needles, I have made a decision. I'm going for happiness! :goodvibes The reason thirds was so hard for me before is because dh was on seconds. I would come home a little after 7:00am and take the kids to school........if I was lucky, I was in the bed by 8-8:30. Dh got up around 10:00. Well, of course I wanted to spend a little time with him, because he was gone all night. (he worked from 2-10:30) so, I got up with him after about an hour and a half of sleep and by the time he left around 1:30, if I was lucky and fell asleep by 2:00, I had to get right back up at 3:00 to pick up the kids at school. And then for those of you that have children, once they come home from school, that is when the fun begins............got to get dinner on the table, baths have to be taken, homework has to be done, clothes have to be washed........the whole nine yards. :?: Dh would get home right as I was walking out the door for work even though I had already felt like I had put in a whole day.
Now, it is a whole different ballgame. Dh is on first. He works from 7-3:30. I will come home from work and get Trey to school, (which we live aprox 1 mile from the school) and Brian catches the bus. When I get back home, I am free to sleep until 3:00---then I have to pick up Trey. Dh will be here at home with me at night so he will help with all the things that need to be done. I won't be a one woman show anymore.
I never had any problems with my old job.......I loved it more than anything. To be perfectly honest, out of all my jobs, and I haven't had alot......this was the only job I didn't dread going to. The only job that I truly enjoyed the work. I just couldn't take the boss anymore, but that problem has been removed! :D They are running the place totally different than before. Instead of one person running the entire show, each shift has a supervisor and they are responsible for that shift. I am extremely lucky b/c the person that is over my shift is a very good friend of mine and it will be totally awesome. I will actually be making a little more than what we made at the hospital and I called a local ins company and we can still have health insurance for right around what was coming out of my check at the hospital, so things are definitely looking up!! :cloud9:
I just want to thank each and every one of your for all your help. Even though you all said it differently, you all pretty much said the same thing. It is so wonderful to have the support of such wonderful friends. I appreciate you all from the bottom of my heart. :love:
I'm gonna hop off here for now b/c I need to get some dinner on the table :chef: but I will be back later tonight. I may even be posting from work. As most of you might remember, whenever I would get on my old boss's computer, I would have to hurry and then erase my history trail b/c she didn't like anyone on her computer..................well, now the owner has brought another computer in with internet connection and we are all allowed to use it anytime we want! So, I'll be seeing you later. Thanks again for being my friends and all the wonderful advice!!
You guys are the best!! :flow2:

QueenB
08-30-2002, 09:42 PM
WHERE ARE ALL MY FRIENDS??!! Are you all out having fun or do I just not have a life today?? :twirly: I tried to sleep till about 3:00pm today so I would have enough energy to make it through the night tonight. I go back to my old job tonight. That didn't give the hospital any notice and I feel so bad about that. More than you know. :cry: But, tonight was the first night of the week at the answering service and to get a full weeks check, I had to start tonight. My boss at the hospital totally understood though.
Well, I guess since everyone else is out tooter fruitin tonight, I will try to go and find something to do too. I don't have to leave for work for two more hours! :lol: Maybe I can find something to get into!!

j-ann
08-30-2002, 10:10 PM
HEY TINA I'M HERE...

Just feelin' lazy and playing a stupid (excuse me, challenging) :lol: match the colored blocks game, on the computer. Darn thing is adiciting, but it IS keeping my mind and fingers busy and away from food. :)

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR NEW, OLD, JOB. Nothing like slipping back into a job you love. I was once loaned to a dept. that did computer input in my company. Then my reg. job got busy so I went back. Two yrs. later I was loaned again. Sat down at the PC, whined "I don't remember how to do this anymore!", looked down and my fingers were plugging in the correct codes, in the right order, without me even thinking about it. Muscle memory? Which muscle .... brain? Fingers? Who knows. But I'm sure it all came back because I really enjoyed the work when I did it the first time, so I saved it somewhere and when I needed it again. WHAM, it was there!!:spin:

I'll post more tomorrow after the dog and I go do some tracking. We have to meet our fellow trainers and canines at 7 am, about an hour from home. Someone goes for a walk and drops an object(s) along their path (about 1/2 mile). About 3 hrs. later it's up to the dog to follow that persons trail and indicate the lost object(s). Believe it or not it's a competitive sport and it is fun. Gets me and the dog out in the fresh air for hours at a time with some really good friends. (Remind me of that when I say we're going out in the snow and rain as winter approaches will ya? :eek:)

Back to the crazy game now ....

J-Ann

LuckyLadyBug
08-30-2002, 10:26 PM
Tonight my mind is willing but my body is weak….I just mowed from 5:30 to 7:30…:tired: BUT I had to check up on all of you... I don't wonder what my sisters are doing as much as I wonder about you all....:yikes:

Loved the story, Thin... exactly how I feel...I may be old but certainly NOT dead.....;)

Baylee, sorry about your tooth...I had one worked on last November and it took six months to quit hurting. It still does if I go from hot to cold stuff. So, how far are you away from me????? I need painting and carpet cleaning done also. I was planning on waiting until it was cooler....

Sara, send those raining men my way...:cb:

Tina, good for you....that is one of the reasons I need this wealthy man...I don't like my job either...okay, ONE of the reasons I need that man, there are a couple others...:censored: In fact in order to survive I will be looking for a part time job also in a month or so. I have so much yard stuff to take care of I figure I had better stay with that until the end of September.

But, overall, things are good...I have you all....:grouphug:

Grannie39074
08-30-2002, 10:37 PM
Hi all. I took DH and son out to dinner. I ate too much. had fish.
I am paying off sons student loan to get it out of the way he just owed $300.00 dollars on it, so his education that he isn't using is finally paid for.

QueenB
08-31-2002, 04:31 AM
and I love it!! It is just like coming back home! Right now, it is 2:45 am and I have been playing on the internet for about two hours now! Sounds pretty good, huh? The answering service is very slow at night. When I used to work days, I would answer anywhere from 350-400 calls in an eight hour shift, but thirds is much slower, so you get a lot of reading done and playing on the internet, which I have been doing tonight. Wait a minute......I'm going to the fridge to get my ff vanilla pudding................

I'm back! :lol: I have to have my sweet fix, you know. :s: One thing I was thinking about......the time that I have lost the most weight was when I was on third shift. Remember when I first started WW back in April and the weight just seemed to fall off? I lost it so quickly and that was when I was on thirds. Seems like I would come home and try to get to sleep and I would usually eat one lite meal at home and then take a healthy choice or lean cuisine dinner with me to work and that's all I ate a day. I usually hovered right around 22-25 points a day. I know that was under my points, but I never got hungry. I really felt like I was getting enough to eat. Hopefully, I can fall into that pattern again and get this spare tire around my middle gone!! Who am I kidding? That spare tire IS my middle! :lol:

Baylee: My goodness! It sounds like you sure will be busy tomorrow. I will be thinking of you. Thanks again for the advice. I'm sorry that you dislike your job so much. There is nothing worse than hating your job and I'm sorry you are stuck. I'm sending you a great big hug. :grouphug:

Lucky: I can't believe you mowed for two hours! Good grief! I will be sending extra "hunky" thoughts your way, so that way you can stay inside with your feet propped up, drinking pink lemonade while your "hunky" partner is mowing the yard.............with his shirt off of course! :hyper:

J-Ann: You are much more adventurous than me! When you are out hunting with the canines, I will be snoozing it up. :dizzy: Of course, you are snoozing it up now and I'm a workin' away. Can you tell how hard I'm working?

SaraJoy: That is a real good idea about wearing the two bras. I had never really thought about that before. Then again, I have never really thought about jogging before. :lol: Jogging would entail #1. Getting off the couch. #2. A black eye and #3. Hearing the bottom of my stomach smach the tops of my thighs as I run, and I'm just not sure I'm ready to hear that sickening sound. Yuck!

Thin: Sooooo, where did you take the boys for lunch? Hmmm? Do tell. I hope you ate some for me. You seem to have had a real good handle on the food thing lately. Good for you. I'm sitting here in a panic right now because I think I just ate a regular pudding cup instead of ff. I could have sworn when I got them off the shelf they were ff, but I noticed the silver top I pulled off did not say ff. Hmmmm. Sure was good though. :T Also, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your dh gets that job!

Mary: I feel so bad for you. I want to tell you to kick your son's butt, but I don't want you to get mad at me, because blood is thicker than water (or fat in my case) but I feel that he is taking advantage of you and your giving nature. Sometimes it may sound silly, but you may have to show him some tough love. It may be the only thing to help him. Of course, what do I know. If it were my son, I would probably be doing the same thing you are. Keep the faith. I am thinking of you. :grouphug:

bobsgal: I wish that I could offer you some help on the weighted balls for the Walk Away The Pounds. My mil gave me her 1 & 2 mile videos and she kept the balls, and I just went to K-Mart and bought me some 3 lb. weights to go with it. I recently ordered Walk Away the Pounds for the Abs and even though the extension cord squeezes me in half, it fits, so I use it. It's a real good program too. I will ask my mil what she had to do to the weighted balls to get them to work and let you know.

Well, I think I've just about responded to everyone and I've taken exactly 3 calls since I've been typing, so not too bad, huh?
The lady I work with at night is just precious. I could not ask for anyone better. She is an older lady and just a doll. Kind of like the mother hen type always looking out for you. We were close before I left and have continued to keep in touch through email and she was tickled to death I was coming back. We have had a lot of catching up to do.

Hello to everyone else. I hope you are doing well. Take care.

I think I've been staring at this computer too long and I'm gonna go read for awhile. :lol: Getting paid to read. I love it! Sorry, I'll get over my giddiness in a couple of days. Once again, thank you for all your wonderful advice. You guys are the best friends a girl could ever have. I love you all.

LuckyLadyBug
08-31-2002, 09:48 AM
Tina, you paint a mighty desirable picture of that hunk that is coming my way.... :strong:

Have any of you heard of that pill they are making that will make anyone lose weight? I wonder what in the world it will do to our bodies. Plus, it may help us lose weight but it won't help us be healthy.....exercise etc....AND

did you hear they are pouring coffee on rats with cancer and it slows down skin cancer by 70%....and they told us to quit drinking it!!!!:mad:

Today I have to work until 12:30, buy groceries, and then home to rake and cut down bushes....The bushes are as tall as small trees so my plan is to trim them down to bush size and then see if they come back nice and pretty in the Spring. If not, they get pulled out.

Good luck, Baylee. I always like to plan painting but then HATE it once I start. It is sooo messy.

So, Tina, you have all this time huh? So I can think of all sorts of things you can research for me in the wee hours of the night!!! :lol:

SaraJoy
08-31-2002, 01:58 PM
Hi Ladies,

I'm just heading out the door to help my BIL move but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to post quickly! I was SO happy to have so many posts to read this morning! This thread is rockin'! :smoking:

Baylee... My mp3 player was about $200 Cdn (ummm... that's about $125 USD). You can probably get ones that hold a hundred songs for a lot more $$$ than mine. Mine holds about 14 songs and is just right for me. It's super easy to program a whole new list of songs on... just takes about 5 minutes. PLUS, it's super small and I can actually clip it to my collar when I jog. I definitely would recommend it to ppl who are speed-walking or jogging!

Tina... I'm VERY happy you're back at a job with a supervisor who's friendly! PLUS (this is a selfish reason), it's nice to get up in the morning and be able to read your posts!!! :lol:

To all my other lovelies, have a wonderful day! I'm sure my BIL's move won't be TOO bad because there are a bunch of us doing it together.

See everyone in a bit,

j-ann
08-31-2002, 04:34 PM
HI Y'ALL,

It's a gorgeous day here and way too nice to be inside typing but I remembered Bobsgal asked for WATP instructions for the plastic balls and I remembered where mine were so,

BOBSGAL THIS IS FOR YOU:

Instructions for how to fill your Walk Away Weights with water:

1. Using your hand, flatten out the ball so that it is completely empty of air.

2. Put ball opening directly up to faucet, so the mouth of the faucet covers opening completely.

3. Turn on water & you will see Ball begin to fill. CUP BALL ON BOTTOM WITH YOUR HAND AS IT FILLS.

4. As ball gets fuller and rounder, hold with one hand on each side, maintain water pressure & connection between faucet and opening.

5. When ball is completely full, turn off water, insert plug into opening and get ready to WALK AWAY THE POUNDS.

Going back outdoors now. The pointer is sleeping off her morning tracking. We found all of the articles on her track YEAH! Almost ready for a real, AKC, Tracking Dog Excellent test.

I'll be back later,

j-ann

bobsgal
08-31-2002, 07:33 PM
J-ann- thanks for the info. I've been dying to use them but I didn't have any instructions.
Tina- congrats on the new-old job. I t sounds great.
Well ladies weigh in is tomorrow so hopefully it will make me happy. Talk to you later.
Steph

prism
09-01-2002, 02:39 AM
Hi there,

How are you? It's been awhile. I read most of your posts and you sound positive. I felt the difference not posting. I've been eating out and slipping up everyday. My water intake is practically nil. On the brighter side, my weight is the same at 240 and I lost an inch on my waist and 1/2 inch on my chest. My walking/weight routine is working. I'm flying up those hills. I'm thinking about walking stairs at our stadium. I experienced problems with my heels. Figured I did too many calf lifts and didn't stretch after. Dumbo. I can't ruin my feet before the trip.

I've been pretty busy cramming reading, language study, and taking care of mikey. Mikey is taking up my time. Didn't realize my mom was taking care of him all the time. I bought my mom's half of Mikey and he's mine 100%. He stays in my bedroom all day. Comes out at lunch to do his business. He spends one afternoon a week with grammie. I'm his mommy now. I usually drop off by 8pm.

Sara Joy, I've done the double bra duty. It works, nothing jiggles.

Baylee and Lucky, good job on the yard. My hedge and roses don't look very healthy. I think I over pesticide it. I'm battling mealy bugs and scale. It's exhausting. I'm thinking of cutting back everything.

Thin, have you seen any good movies lately? my last was bloodwork. I'm thinking of going to austin again this weekend. I need a good laugh.

Tina, follow your heart if you can. I, like Baylee, have invested 11 years to my job. If I can hold on for another 10 years for the medical benefits and retirement, I can follow my heart too. I imagine working for fun.

Enjoy your weekend,
Malia

:cloud9:

QueenB
09-01-2002, 04:47 AM
I'm going to try not to get mad, even though I am. :mad: I just had this extremely long post and then tried to post something for Lucky, and it told me I had too many smilies or something like that, and it bumped me off!! Grrrrr...... Ok, I will get over that. So, how is everyone tonight? Great, I hope. Let me give you a little run down of how my first night went last night: 11:00-12:30--Caught up with the sweet lady that I worked here before with. 12:30-5:30--Played on the internet. (I did take a few calls) 5:30-6:10--Read the newspaper. 6:10-6:40--Took a nap. No, really I did. And it was ok. Now, my employer does not want us to sleep on the job, but he's alright with it being third shift. I however, am not comfortable with it. I don't mind finding things to do to keep me busy between calls, but sleeping........nope.

Dh was so good to me this morning. He knew that I would probably be tired with it being my first night back, so he took the boys to his Mom's and let me sleep. And sleep, I did. Till 5:41pm!! Now, I hadn't planned to sleep that long! I thought maybe till 3:00 or so, but I sure did enjoy it. When I got up, he was baking chicken and I made some rice and green beans to go with it. Brian and Trey are both spending the night with friends, so it was real quiet around the house. We ate dinner and sat out on the front porch. It was really nice. It would have been nicer if he hadn't of poured gas on some of the grass earlier during the day to kill it. What a smell..........yuck. So I am now at work and poor ol' Ron is snoozing it up at home by himself. Bless his heart.

I can't wait for the race tomorrow. It seems like I wait all week just to get to the race. Also, after the race tomorrow, we are going to the local drive in----they are having a dusk till dawn show. They do this ever so often and are giving away lots of door prizes. They also have a small petting zoo, dunk tank and crash up derby car that the kids get to give a good pounding to. They are showing Stuart Little II, Men in Black II, Signs and Austin Powers Goldmember.......I can't wait! Hopefully third shift will help me prepare for this all nighter. Hope all of my friends here have a safe and wonderful long weekend.

Malia: So good to see you sweetie. I was getting worried about you. Take it from me. I know how easy it is to get off track. It happens sometimes without you knowing it, but it seems like you have really been doing some exercising. Come see us more often. We miss you. :grouphug: to you.

Baylee: Just reading your post wore me out! All that work in your yard! I need to get busy. Makes me feel bad for being a slug all day. Your grandbaby sounds like a sweetie. Glad you enjoyed your day with him.

bobsgal: Good luck on WI (not Wisconsin) :s: I'm glad J-Ann found the instructions for the weighted balls......they really do make a difference.

J-Ann: Sounds like you and your pointer had a busy morning. Also sounds like he's a pretty smart pooch! I need to get my dog into something like that. He's pretty much a slug like his owner! :lol:

SaraJoy: Hope you didn't work too hard today moving your bil. I moved my brother to Florida last year and I'm still having nightmares about it! :p

Lucky: I am going to devote my spare time here at work to finding you a man! If you will look at the picture below, you will see I am off to a good start. Just let me know what else you would like me to research! :lol:

To everyone else, if you are lurking........STOP! Take a few minutes and post. You really will feel better and we have open arms for everyone. For those of you that think you are just too busy........take a few minutes. You don't have to be long winded like me. Just jot down a few lines so we know you are still with us. For those of you that are on vacation........come home! We miss you.

I'm gonna hop off for now........but don't get excited, because it is just 3:28am and I still have a couple of hours left! The attachment is for Lucky , but all of you are free to enjoy! :lol:

Grannie39074
09-01-2002, 10:26 AM
Hello all
Tina: Whoa BOY:dizzy:

Hope all of you have a good day. I am going shopping for groceries and I need to clean out cabinets so I can put my new ones in tomorrow. It will be great to have more counter top space.

Talk more later:cb:

:grouphug:

thinthinker
09-01-2002, 01:26 PM
Hi everybody! :wave: Happy holiday weekend!!

My niece's wedding yesterday was lovely! Her dress was absolutely exquisite! She is a beautiful girl to begin with but she was just the picture perfect bride!

The wedding ceremony itself was outdoors on the patio. The pastor that married them had known them for years and so his comments were very personal and that made it extra special. My niece and her husband first saw each other when she was 11 and he was 13!!! She's now 21.

The groom had his father as best man. When his dad got up to give the toast, he shared how his son had asked him to be best man and how he had told him that he just didn't think that would be appropriate. He told him that your best man should be someone you grew up with, your best friend and the groom looked at his dad and said "yeah?" I thought that was really neat.

The reception was upstairs at the hotel. It was nothing special, just brunch and we were all out of there by 2:30 in the afternoon.

I have to tell you though about my little grand-nephew who is 6 months old. What a sweetie. He is the son of the bride's sister. She stood up as matron of honor for the bride and her husband and the baby were just in the audience. But the dad was in a black suit and they dressed the baby in a little black tuxedo. He had a boutoneer and little black socks and shoes and he was just the sweetest thing! He didn't make a peep throughout the whole ceremony or reception! What a doll!

We had taken my mom with us and my aunt and uncle are in Frankenmuth (where the wedding was) so we decided to make a quick stop and see both of them before leaving the area. They were surprised and happy to see us as we don't get up there that often.

Sara: The double bra thing is a really good idea. But you must have mis-understood, the boobies are not the only thing that would still be running! :eek: I think I would probably have to wear a full body wet suit or something to fix my problem!!! :o

Tina: I'm glad you decided to go for the happy! :D There is no sense wasting away in a job you don't like! I used to tell my kids "find something you like doing, and then do it well. I don't care if one day you are trash collectors, if you love it, then do it. It's more than half the battle!" I'm glad you have found your 'bliss'. [[[hugs]]] That dawn to dusk outing at the drive-in sounds like alot of fun! They gave up all the drive-ins here a long time ago. :( * The only time I lose my post anymore is when I forget to copy it before I post it. I've learned my lesson!

J-ann: That sounds like a very early morning to me. Geez. But I bet it gets you up and out and like you said, the fresh air and friends has got to be well worth the trip! Hope you're having a fun day.

LuckyLadyBug: Sounds like we need to stop drinking coffee and start bathing in it. :lol: Don't ya wonder sometimes how these scientists come up with this stuff?

Mary: I can't help but think your son could have found a job that would have allowed him to pay off his student loan. Kids, can't live with 'em, and can't live without 'em! :o

Baylee: It sounds like they grounded your CD changer to the wrong spot or something. The same thing happened to my youngest son and they went back and of course denied it. Then the older son went and checked it and sure enough, it had been installed wrong. * As for the MP3 player. I got one a couple of months ago at Circuit City. They were running a special on them. $99 with a $50 Circuit City rebate and a $30 manufacturer's rebate. So far, I've gotten the $30, but not the $50 :( Anyway, you download files from your computer. Mine doesn't hold alot, but about an hours worth so it's good for a walk.

Malia: It's so good to see you! You've been AWOL for a bit and I was worried about you. I'm glad you're holding your own on the weight and losing the inches, that's a good thing. * I haven't seen anything good in a couple of weeks. My oldest and I saw Pluto Nash a couple of weeks ago. It was not a theatrical triumph, but it was entertaining.

Well, girls, I think I've gone on long enough. A guy that was supposed to e-mail DH some numbers for a report that needs to be in to France tomorrow morning (France doesn't celebrate our holidays! :( ) didn't do it so now DH has to drive all the way across town to get the darn numbers in person! :mad: So much for having the day off!

You all take care. I hope you have a great rest of the weekend.

QueenB
09-01-2002, 04:34 PM
DO NOT POST HERE! I saw that we were getting kind of close to that magic #30, so I decided we'll just march ahead. Come and join us at our new thread...............300+ And Ready To Try Again......#207!