Faith Based Support Groups - CHRISTIAN ENCOURAGERS ~ March

View Full Version : CHRISTIAN ENCOURAGERS ~ March

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-01-2010, 04:06 PM
Christian Encouragers ~ ;)
--------------------------------

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servent's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvellous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.

:angel:

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-01-2010, 04:11 PM
There you go my fellow Encouragers ... just starting up the new MARCH thread. Can't believe how fast this winter passed by, and now SPRING is on the way ... :flow1:

We had a beautiful :sunny: and warmer day today, almost seems like spring the last two days. It was a perfect day for doing some shopping for fresh veggies and fruit, etc. Here we are almost at the end of winter and DH had to buy a new snow shovel, as the other one cracked on him, but GOD blessed us with a 50% off sale ... :D

Hope you are all having a fabulous March 1st day! ^Prayers^ continue for you and yours ... Rosebud :hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-01-2010, 06:57 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GARY !!!

:bday2you::bday2you::bday2you:

Sorry, we missed that -- but glad that you had a nice time with your family on the weekend of ... :D

EZMONEY
03-01-2010, 09:53 PM
Thank you ROSEBUD and thanks for the new thread!!!

Bootsie
03-01-2010, 11:16 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GARY!! Hope you had a great one filled with wonderful surprises!

Bootsie
03-01-2010, 11:27 PM
That is Hawk -Eye in the picture ,he is still a teenager trying to learn to crow like a Big rooster. He is a Buff/cross, don't rightly know what the cross is , has feathers all the way down on his toes! That was my cat Hairy, last month, that road the golf cart when it was working with me. My husband is ordering me some baby chicks and they will be here next month, I sure hope they are all Healthy.

I have been trying to get ready for the big weekend CAT & DOG at our store and it is a job! Hoping for great weather and a great turn out since rabies has been found in our county.

bargoo
03-02-2010, 11:14 AM
Please remember to pray for the family of Chelsea King , the girl who went missing last week. The news from Southern California is not good right now.

bargoo
03-02-2010, 08:44 PM
Chelsea Kings body has been found. Continue to pray for this heartbroken family.

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-02-2010, 09:00 PM
Yes, am sending up prayers for Chelsea's family and for the safety of women in that area; plus that the police will catch the culprit(s) too ... :hug:

carolr3639
03-02-2010, 09:43 PM
Just dropping in to say "hi". Not much new here. Sorry to here about Chelsea King.

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-03-2010, 08:28 PM
:wave: HI EVERYONE ~ We had another gorgeous :sunny: day again today ... what an awesome blessing! I hope all our encouragers out there are having nice weather and a good week as well. Not too busy around here lately, I see; but that usually means you are all busy out there ... ;)

We spent our morning doing our weekly housecleaning; and did some laundry too. It was almost like a spring cleaning too becuz it was so lovely with all that sunshine beaming in through our south-facing windows, so we did a bit extra. The snow was melting and falling off the roof; while the snowfairies were out cleaning the streets and hauling the excess snow away to the snowdumps today.

We cleared off the deck yesterday; there's a bit left on the bottom that has to melt yet, but maybe soon, we'll even be able to go and sit out there for some fresh air. Our NIKO keeps asking to go out there becuz it is so mild and sunny right now. They say it should be nice right through til Friday ... yeah! :carrot:

DH picked up some parts to do a brake job on the car today; he's gonna do it himself to save some $$$. A nice fella has offered the use of his garage to do the work so that is nice of him. I will be praying for mechanic angels to guide and help DH while he does these repairs, which will be very soon.

My sister, NUMPSTER, wants us to go down for a holiday to her place in June sometime, so the car has to be in tip-top-shape for such a long trip as that. I am also praying for good health as well since we haven't been down there for a very long time, and DH is really looking forward to a trip there.

Hope all our encouragers have a great day tomorrow and do take good care. Remember -- THIS IS THE DAY THAT THE LORD HAS MADE, LET US REJOICE AND BE GLAD IN IT! Prayers continue for you and yours, and for all needs out there ... Rosebud :flow1:

Kelli
03-03-2010, 09:52 PM
Rosebud,

Where did you get this beautiful prayer, did you write it!!!

A Servent's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvellous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.

beth1167
03-04-2010, 06:40 PM
I haven't been of 3FC in about 3 years. I do, however, recognize a couple of people. EZMoney, I remember you. I haven't read through all the posts yet.

I am beginning a new phase in life and am starting back with the lifestyle change goals.

I hope you don't mind me butting in here. :D

By the way, my name is Beth

Wish me luck.

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-04-2010, 08:33 PM
HI KELLI ~ No, I didn't write that one; but GARY might be able to tell you the answer to that. It has been at the beginning of the Christian Encourager's thread ever since I have been coming here. We just keep copying it into the new threads each month. Yes, it is lovely, isn't it? Nice to see you here again, and your new post is right on: we should become more obsessed with GOD and JESUS, shouldn't we? Focus more on them instead of food, indeed! I'm tryin' ... I'm tryin' ... :hug:

:welcome: back, BETH ~ just jump right in; we are glad that you decided to come back and join us again. We could sure use some more voices around here these days too. It seems that when spring and summer roll around, our thread gets a bit slim becuz everyone is so busy at this time of year.

We had a good day shopping, and got lots of walking in today as we went to see the re-opening of our local Goodwill second-hand store. They spent from January til March repainting and renovating; and it really looks great in there. At one time, it was a large grocery store and it brought back memories of that to me today. I hope they have much success.

We have been having awesome spring-like weather here this week; our temps are lower than in my sister's area (Numpster); and she is in a southern part of the province. It was +5C almost every day this week with lots of :sunny: too. I wouldn't mind if we had weather like this year all the time.

Take good care; and hope you all have a FABULOUS FRIDAY tomorrow ... Rosebud :flow1:

Bootsie
03-04-2010, 10:35 PM
Hi Beth! It is so nice to see another Texas gal here! But you live to far away still! I mowed and weed eated all day! so tired and I even road my bicycle back and forth instead of walking.
Think I have something after my goats and sheep, not sure if it is coyote or the Big Cat[Mountain Lion] and her half grown babies. They say she has two. There is something out there, for my goats do not want to go out in the morning they just stand and stare. I seen something on the tank dam far off this after noon and so did the goats and it was light brown and either large or a-lot of coyotes or it could of been deer laying down but have not seen any deer in ages! Oh well got my monitor on. I have also noticed something, when the coyotes start howling my goats start banging on the hay feeder and it sounds almost like a gun. Hawk eye starts making the alert sound and crowing, dogs start barking and the duck starts quaking and Rufuss that Fat Cat of mine started meowing crazy! What ever it is out there I think it is thinking about attacking the animals. Please pray for their safety. I am so tired best hit the hay! Busy day ahead tomorrow again and then Saturday a real busy day!!

ronni62
03-05-2010, 04:22 PM
Hi, everyone! And, welcome to Beth! Glad to have you here:)

Rosebud-glad you're having some nicer weather, too! Isn't it wonderful to have some sun and NO snow for a change? I'm sooooo ready for spring, but we've still got anywhere from 1 foot to 4 feet of snow to melt yet-hoping our basement survives the melt:eek:! A trip to see your sister and her new place sounds like a dream. I'd be planning and writing lists already-lol! Hope it works out for you two to go:)

Kelli-nice to see you again!

Bootsie-praying for your animals and their safety. If you're not seeing deer, those predators are probably looking for anything that looks like easy prey:(. We've had coyotes come into town looking for anything (like stray cats or garbage). A farmer about a mile out of town had to kill a bear last year around this time when it came up to the house area and charged him-scary! Your goats have the right idea, though-they must know whatever's out there won't like the loud noise-God must be speaking to them:)

Bargoo-how are you doing? I pray for you and your family daily (along with other requests you mention). You have such a heart for others and it's such an inspiration for me:hug:

EZ-ditto what I said to Bargoo. Hugs for you and Angie, too.

Hi to everyone else, too. Like someone else said (Rosebud, maybe), it's getting to a busy time of year and we're missing some of our regulars, so just in case they're lurking, hope you're all doing well and feeling God's blessings!

Well, I'm about to fall asleep on the computer and it's only 3 pm! But, that's what this MS attack seems to be doing to me-can't sleep at night because of the numb-tingly-burny sensations, but then all I want to do all day is sit down and nap (as if I had time for that-lol!). So, I'd better get going and figure out what's for dinner. Everyone have a great weekend!

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-05-2010, 11:33 PM
BOOTSIE ~ those goats are pretty smart cookies; sending out an alarm for all the others to be aware. They make good guards, I think. Will send up some prayers for animal angel protection and that you get some rest too; hope things go well for you tomorrow.

RONNI ~ I could suggest a couple of things that might help you sleep, like reading a book after you lay down and maybe a little toddy might help too, if needs be, so you can get one nights sleep. Don't know what you like or can have with your MS, or if you are on meds or not. When I had some odd symptoms like that (which have now gone away), first I try reading, if that doesn't work then I would have about 1/2 cup of beer (wine will do if you have any); and they say milk can help some people too or a nice herbal tea. My Dad likes Almond Sherry; I haven't tried it, but NUMPSTER says it is nice and you only need a sip. Not trying to make anyone an alchy here, but a little bit can be good medicine sometimes.

I hope your basement doesn't flood on you. WE had full sun and warm temps again today; it was lovely -- looks and feels like spring. DH cleared off the front porch and took down our decos as the warm temps cleared all the snow and ice off them. Yes, my sister's place is really nice; and we have to get a brake job done on the car so we can go in June. We haven't been on a trip like that for a long time.

You know I heard from some other ladies here that you can go on a Hawiian Cruise on a ship, if you don't like to fly, but you may have to drive to a western coastal city for departure. Apparantly, one goes from Vancouver in Canada with 5 days on the cruise ship; I guess the US, it would be a bit closer than that. Something to consider ...

Hope all our other encouragers are having a fantabulous Friday night; take good care and ^Prayers^ are ascending for you and yours ... Rosebud :flow1:

beth1167
03-06-2010, 10:05 AM
It is beautiful outside today and I think I will go for a walk in our local park. I hope that everyone has a great day.

CountingDown
03-06-2010, 01:40 PM
Welcome Beth!

Hello to everyone! It sounds like spring is coming for most of us :D

The weather is beautiful here! And, I'm hoping for more of the same in Chicago next week :yes:

The California trip went very well, we sure did love seeing the kids!!! It is very hard to leave, though - it makes us miss them all the more!

Work is still crazy-busy. When there is no one to sub for you, it just means you have to work twice as hard when you return from a vacation :(

Prayers are continuing for everyone! I hope you are having a blessed and growth-filled Lenten season!

Laurie :scooter: (I sure hope scooter season comes early this year!)

EZMONEY
03-06-2010, 07:43 PM
HI GALS ~ :)

Taking a few minutes to finally post...I know...I know...heard that before ;)

Sorry for not taking time to check in...or post! I do check in every day :hug:

Angie is doing some yoga upstairs and I am killing time here at the computer.

We are still trying to figure out if we are going to church tonight or in the morning. It is raining here and it looks like it will be all day tomorrow so no chance on getting over to the beach in the morning. We do like 8am service best of all anyway....although all 3 services....Sat 6 Sun 8 and 10:30 are all the same....sometimes the music changes....bells one service...choir the next....children. We have communion at all services.

Angie just said tomorrow at 8...she is making dough in the bread maker for pizza tonight and is still doing yoga in her yoga room.

I finished up the job we were on, for the most part...a stressful one. I have a few days off...well, not really...I have some drywall projects to do for some folks that have been waiting for me since before my surgery. I will take care of them them start a new job sometime next week. Work doesn't look SUPER DUPER in the near future for our company but we do have work...we do have projects signed and it looks like we WILL begin building a couple of pretty good sized dealerships real soon...it the $$$ doesn't stop again.

I just had the 3 months off with my surgery then go back to work for 2 months without any time off and I already need a break ;)...must be these 56 year old bones trying to do a young man's job :D

SCOOTER ~ Good to see you stop by :)

BETH ~ Welcome back :)

ROSEBUD ~ Glad the weather is nice and I bet you are really looking forward to seeing Numpster!

RONNI ~ So glad to see things (settlements and college things) turning to promise! I have known several with MS over the years....you can do this dear!!

BOOTSIE ~ I live in a heavily populated area but we always have coyotes walking down the streets certain times of the year...I have seen a few cats carried off too. It is sad but we have a lot of retired folks near us, they have small dogs....they end up "missing" ....seen it many times in the 30 years I have lived in this house. Great seeing you back :carrot:

KELLI ~ BARGOO ~ CAROL ~ Great to see you checking in :)

WILMA ~ KAREN...and all the others ~ I am sending out the search and rescue team for you....;)

C-YA :hug:

EZMONEY
03-06-2010, 07:44 PM
A little LENTEN humor this morning...I posted it in another thread....

I made nachos for breakfast...Angie says "I thought you gave up your week-end morning nachos for Lent"...

I said..."I did...but I didn't give up lying"....

I am a work in progress...slow-slow progress!!!

be good!

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-06-2010, 09:37 PM
HI FRIENDS ~ we have been so blessed this week; with another full day of clear skies and :sunny: and warmer temps again ... awesome!!! The trend is supposed to change soon, but we actually have some GREEN GRASS by the fir tree & feeder; the doves were in seventh heaven ... :lol:

Nice to see LAURIE and GARY pop in and I agree that we may have to send out a POSSY for WILMA and KAREN real soon. I know that spring comes sooner for you folk than us but it is sure trying to come early for us too. This is the time when posting really s l o w s down; people get so busy outdoors walking and working in their gardens. We will be doing the same I'm sure; well, as we can and in our own way.

Hope you all have a super peaceful, restful, and relaxing Sunday tomorrow ... take good care ... Rosebud :flow1:

Bootsie
03-07-2010, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the prayers. I had one 2 month old baby come in with her ear half hanging on 3 weeks ago. I sprayed some scarlet oil on it and today you cannot even tell anything was wrong. I had a grown goat come in 2 days a go with his ear split down the middle. What ever is back there must be trying to pull them down by the ear and strange, same side , their right ear.
My friend was telling me he has seen them right in the city of Austin Texas! You know we have had an out break of rabies in Texas just think if it got into the coyotes! There sounded like 50 coyotes howling the other night in our pasture! No one would be safe walking out their door, our animals would not be safe, except for the ones that got their rabies vaccination and still if they did not get killed first.
We had a great day yesterday and I have not dieted but get this....lost 4 pounds! Kelli must be putting a good word in for me, thank You Jesus could of not done it without you!
Ronni I have trouble sleeping too but if I am to do what I have to do I have to stay up and get it done! No time for sleep!

They say they dropped some rabies medicine . I sure hope they dropped enough for all the animals.

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-08-2010, 10:50 PM
BOOTSIE ~ I hope all your goaties come in at night; ours used to always come in around dinnertime but they never really ventured that far away from their shelters anyways. Are your dogs always tied up? You'd think the scent and sound of your dogs would scare the coyotes away. The cats are another thing though; sometimes, they act like nothing scares them. Am sending up prayers for more angel protection; but keep those little ones near the barn where they are safest.

We had another day of gorgeous :sunny: and +10C -- even the sidewalks were melting today. We even have some green grass showing on our front lawn. NIKO and I spent at least 2 hours out on our deck basking in the sun; I think he was out there much longer than me though. I like to take a book and read out there at this time of year as there are no buggies until June ... yeah! :carrot:

We went out to our lot for a drive yesterday afternoon and to take a look around; hardly any snow this year. We saw 3 flocks of SNOWBIRDS: two out there and one later in the day in the north when we went visiting some friends up that way. That must be a sure sign that spring is coming early becuz they don't usually come until the end of March and early April. The females come early to set up nests and the males come later to mate, so they say. So we should see a new wave very soon.

Hope you all have a terrific Tuesday tomorrow; and do take good care ... Rosebud :flow1:

EZMONEY
03-08-2010, 11:27 PM
Great news on the sun ROSEBUD which reminds me what ever happened last year when we were praying for rain BOOTSIE?

I think we are officially out of the drought here in southern California.

Kelli
03-09-2010, 06:50 AM
Hello all you encouragers!

Rosebud and Bootsie, I love the way you guys write. You paint word pictures and I always feel like I am right there with you. Rosebud, for a minute there I was sitting on your porch basking with you and Niko.

Bootsie, there are times when you have written post when I have laughed out loud, (my husband thinks I'm crazy!). Like when you chase wild animals with sticks... HOWEVER, I hope you don't do that this summer, because of the whole rabies thing going on there... AND... like Gary I'm wondering how the drought is there? Has this winter replenished any of the water?

God has been so good to me, He has put me in the position of Children's Ministry Coordinator at my church. I love it, but it keeps me very busy!

Well I guess I better get on with my day, Love you all.

Kelli

Oh 2 be me
03-09-2010, 09:28 AM
Morning all. I was here a yr or so ago, back again. I'm not sure how often I'll be posting here, as time permits.
It is another gorgeous day here, the sun is shining, suppose to be in the 60's. In for some rain the rest of the week.
Hope everyone has a blessed day.

Bootsie
03-09-2010, 10:02 AM
Hi everyone! We just got another rain last night and it was a thunder storm! My husband now is moaning and groaning he can not get in the field for all the rain! Ha! I know that is money in his pocket but I would rather see the rain and a new baby calf or goat,sheep born into a wet world instead of a dried up world. The only thing that gets to me is the wind blowing hard, but ya know there is a reason for that, don't rightly know what ,but God does. Oh and those old hens just love the wet ground! It is so much fun to watch them they remind me of this lady I loved dearly Mrs McClary while I was growing up. I sure do miss her, she would take me to church with her no matter how I was dressed. One day my folks and I just dropped by to see her before she went to church and I had shorts on, and she asked me if I wanted to walk with her to church, which I did want to but was not dressed for church. She said that don't matter come on! It was a small church and when I walked in with shorts on with her, someone said a smart remark well they should not of done that , she laid into them like a setting hen. Gave them the facts of life, she was little but she had God within her heart. Then we went and sit down for church. Got to go someone outside!

CountingDown
03-09-2010, 08:11 PM
Hi all - blessings!
Just a quick fly-in to check up on everyone before we take off for Chicago.

Yes - Gary, there will be GREEN beverages involved - probably LOTS of them :o
I will have one and think of you ;)

Spring has sprung here as well - the weather has been absolutely glorious - it even reached 50F over the weekend!

I probably won't be on the computer again until we return next week, but - prayers are ascending for all!

Blessings :)
Laurie :scooter:

EZMONEY
03-09-2010, 08:16 PM
Have a safe trip SCOOTER!

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-09-2010, 08:43 PM
HI FOLKS ~ yeppers, we were blessed with another :sunny: day -- that must be some kind of record for us; and the temps were up above 50F here also. NUMPSTER thinks that we all will get some more ***** but even if we do, it won't stay long.

LAURIE ~ off on another trip? Boy, you come home and work like mad and then rush off on another trip; and you'll come home and work like mad and ... OK, I'm just teasin' ya -- have a great time in Chicago!!! ;)

HI BOOTSIE ~ yes, that's a cute story about your church friend; and she's right ... I think kiddies can wear shorts to church; as Jesus said, it isn't about the outside that matters, but what's in your heart, right? Glad to hear you have :rain: down there for all your gardens and crops ...

KELLI ~ thanks, I'm just sharing what we do each day; it is so nice to have this much sun, esp in March which is normally one of the coldest and stormiest months up here, but we always do get some sun in March so that isn't surprising to us. Congrats on the new position at church!

HI GARY ~ Ya, we are lovin' this weather for sure, and I am taking full advantage of it too. We had two rock doves bathing in a puddle today; it was so cute to see ... you'd have thunk it was there own private lake the way they were acting, plus the males are trying to impress the ladies so I'm sure spring is almost here! ;)

HI PATTY H ~ nice to have you drop by again; just come in when you can and let us know how you are doing -- that's good enuff ...

So, I just did stuff around home today including some mending. Made a nice pot of homemade meatball and veggie soup for lunch. We had deli chicken, veggies, and salad for dinner. Had a good day ... NIKO and I spent some time out on our porch again today, and I did some reading while catching some rays too.

Hope all our encourager's out there are having a great week; and take good care of yourselves too ... Rosebud :flow1:

CountingDown
03-09-2010, 09:45 PM
Rosebud - LOL, yes - it is a strange time for us - 3 trips in 5 weeks. We are actually gone more than we are home. No more trips planned until fall, after this one.

Enjoy the beautiful sunshine! It so reminds me of the loving arms of our Father - it just touches my soul this time of year :D

I bet Niko is enjoying this weather! His beautiful coat is surely absorbing all that sunlight!

And, I'm betting that Numpster is right - we WILL be getting more snow - but we are old enough and smart enough to know that we need to ENJOY this glorious spring weather while it lasts - because tomorrow can bring something unexpected.

Blessings and health and healing to you!

Laurie :scooter:

lolajean624
03-09-2010, 11:38 PM
Hi! I'm new to 3FC and new to the idea of a diet support forum. I'm glad to see a faith based group here! It helps to remember I'm not alone - on the earthly or heavenly front!

EZMONEY
03-09-2010, 11:42 PM
Welcome LOLAJEAN!

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-10-2010, 08:36 PM
:welcome: to 3FC's and to our Christian thread too, LOLAJEAN ~ yes, it is nice to have a Christian group to talk to here; and we have a PRAYER WARRIOR thread in this faith forum too, so we can ask for prayers for our family, friends, or ourselves, or any other concerns we have. Come back often and tell us something about yourself and your life too ...

Well, we only had some :sunny: for the AM and then some clouds rolled in but the temps still stayed fairly warm +9C anyways. The sun did come back late afternoon; and they say it is supposed to be sunny again for another couple of days this week ... yeah! :carrot:

THANKS, LAURIE ~ have a great time!

Had another on plan day; did really well again, and NO JUNKIES so far this month. I'm trying for record for the month of March; RONNIE is trying to match me -- so far so good! Time to make my evening tea; put my feet up, and do some reading for the day.

Take good care; ^Prayers^ are ascending for you and yours ... Rosebud :flow1:

Oh 2 be me
03-11-2010, 11:22 AM
Morning all.
We are in for some rain the rest of the week, thankfully no snow.
I'm just taking a minute to tell some good news. I've gotten a part time job at a Christian bookstore!! right now, it'sonly like 4 hrs a week, I'm training to do the cards and register. The guy that does the inventory is trying for the asst manager, if/when he takes that I'll be doign the inventory!! Such a blessing! I'm praying it happens. M-F, and it won't interfer with the Bible study that I"m helping with at church-our first meeting is next Monday.

I've been making better choices, had some major motivation when I went shopping yesterday. Ugh!! Nothing like seeing a blob of fluff hanging out on your back.

Ya'll have a blessed day

lolajean624
03-11-2010, 03:34 PM
We had quite a blessing today! My hubby drives about 45 miles to and from work every day and we have had ridiculous weather her in NE this winter with no real trouble for him. It's been nicer the last week, but this morning it was a mixture of rain and snow. He did a 360 on the interstate going 70 MPH. He wound up across three lanes and in the ditch.Thank the Lord, it was so early there was very little traffic and that he was at a spot where the ditch was relatively level. Pretty scary to get a call at 4:45 AM with him saying, "Honey! I just went in the ditch! Come and get me. It's a miracle he wasn't hurt and that the car wasn't damaged. God was definitely watching over him!!

colormerd47
03-11-2010, 03:54 PM
Hello my friends,

It has been way too long since I poked my head to spend time with all of you. I have not been around much, but please you all are always in my heart and I have not forgotten a single one of you. Missed you all bunches.

I see everything is well, but of course it would be, God is in control!!!!

Belated Happy Birthday Gary, happy you read that you had a great one.

Rosebud, you have not changed on bit and that's a good thing!!!!

Counting, have missed you bunches as so many of you.

My life has been well and the Lord is touching my children. Ashlan, Gary, (you know her as Cakebatter) has started going to church and trusting in the Lord, and yes she is still running and oh my, The Lord has cleaned up her mouth, that child could cuss like a sailor, but so did I before I knew the Lord personally. Morgan, well let's just say Morgan is still Morgan, making slow, really slow changes but changes still the same. She is pregnant again, this time a little girl that is due in June. Her name will be Mckenzie Nevaeh Middleton, (Nevaeh is Heaven spelled backwards). I think it is pretty cool as it has a special meaning having to do with the Lord. Morgan has also gotten a job a the City Accessor's Office, thank you God for that. Jordan is now working at a store in the mall, just glad she is working anywhere. I am trusting in God with her drinking, she is still so young, only 22, but I have given she and Morgan over to the Lord cause He knows best and does not need my help. See I have been learning since I have been away. Please keep us all in prayer and I will get back to see you all soon.

Hugs love and blessings,
Make every moment counts,
Aggie

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-11-2010, 08:49 PM
HI AGGIE ~ so nice to see you drop by again; I just recently saw you in another UPLIFTING thread in another forum. I am so glad to hear that there has been some improvements for your girls; yes, they are in our prayers for sure, as are you ... :hug:

LOLAJEAN ~ PTL, indeedy ... praise Him for looking out for your DH on the way to work; glad the car is OK too, but it's your DH that matters the most! :D

PATTY H ~ PTL ... so many blessings recently! That is so awesome to get a job in Christian book store; I love reading and I would have loved to work in a bookstore when I was working in the past, especially a Christian one.

We had another lovely :sunny: day today, with some winds but the temps were in the high 50's F and that is amazing for here. Everyone is thrilled with the warmer temps; and I saw many people out walking their kiddies today, which is nice to see.

Take good care all, and do have a Fantabulous Friday tomorrow -- ^Prayers^ continue for you and yours ... Rosebud :flow1:

colormerd47
03-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Rosebud,
If you ever have the time, please come a stop in my Positive Thread, I had no idea when I started it that it would grow has much as it has. I have met so many people and they actually say that I have helped them and inspire them. Little old me, I guess is using me in lots of ways. I do love touching folks lives and making a differnece and I get to talk about the Lord.

My good news for tonight is I released another 2.8 pounds for a total of 38.8, slowly but surely I am getting there. All I can say is thank you Lord.

Thank you for keeping us in your prayers. Will see you all again soon.

Hugs love and blessings,
Aggie

PS Have any of you heard from Rayne?? I think of her often.

EZMONEY
03-11-2010, 09:33 PM
Hi GALS ~ I have read your posts and have sent prayers and thanksgiving...be back soon...

ronni62
03-12-2010, 08:18 AM
Lolajean-Welcome and praise God that your DH came through the skid ok! This time of year with the sometimes icy mix precip is really a difficult time for anyone having to drive regularly, isn't it? We've been having lots of fog because of the still-over-a-foot-deep snow pack, but also had a thunderstorm in the middle of the night the other night. Just can't wait for all this dirty snow to go!

Rosebud-I think you're doing much better than I am this month, but I did get back on track this week. Keep up the great work!

Aggie-nice to see you back! And, glad you've seen progress in your girls (and yourself, too-letting go of our need to try to control is the hardest issue we all face:hug:).

Hello and hugs to everyone else too! It's been a busy week here, as usual. I've ended up with a sinus infection and fluid behind an eardrum, so not feeling the best. The weather doesn't help either-all the fog makes it seem like we're living in a perpetual horror movie-gloom, doom, and wondering what's gonna pop out at you, especially while driving:fr:

DH's mom is finally having the mastectomy on Monday, so prayers would be appreciated for that. Then, she will start hormone therapy to keep the cancers from coming back. We'll probably all be going up, as next week's spring break, so don't have to worry about the school schedule. Not what we had planned, but I guess we do what we have to do. We're still unsure if my dad is going to live with my sister or not. She's not as reliable as I would like (even though she is Christian) and they're now talking seriously about moving to Phoenix (they now live in the Chicago area). Dad will absolutely not go to Phoenix, so not sure what they expect him to do? We'll just keep looking for a house that would allow him to move in with us, but he doesn't want to see mom and she lives just a few miles from us. My life is like a bad soap opera sometimes-lol!

Prayers for all continuing. Have a wonderful and blessed weekend:D

wilma12
03-12-2010, 08:56 AM
Hello Everyone! I'm still around. I just haven't been on here lately. I've had a lot going on in my life. I will read the posts and send up prayers!!

We found out this week that a good friend has terminal cancer. It just throws you for a loop when you get news like that. He has a wife and 3 daughters that he's really close to. Please pray for all of them.

I went to my DR yesterday and she isn't happy with how my BP is doing so she's put me on medication. BUMMER! I am trying to exercise more and eat better so that it'll come down again. It's such a struggle.

Not much else is happening around here. Sorry to be such a downer. I know that God is here and that he cares about each one of us. He is showing my friend such comfort right now and it's neat to see the strength they convey despite what they are going through.

I hope you all have a good weekend!

ronni62
03-12-2010, 02:16 PM
Wilma-glad to see you again! Will be praying for your friend and his family, as well as for your BP. :hug: for you

bargoo
03-12-2010, 04:01 PM
ronni, praying for your MIL , and also for the situation with your dad. God can make a way !

EZMONEY
03-12-2010, 07:03 PM
HI GALS ~ :)

Good to see some activity here...I'm no help ;)

Angie is off on a run, she is training for a few races...a 10K mud run and a 10K with my daughter. She is thinking about training for a half marathon...we shall see. If she does she would have to give up bell choir since the big training days are on Saturdays, the same days as bell choir. She would still fill in for songs she knows and songs she could learn in a hurry if needed. Right now she is 50/50 on it.

I was off work most of the week...don't mind...I was able to get a few jobs done for friends that have been waiting...was able to get my garage cleaned and my truck in for a much needed service...will pick it up later tonight.

Things are going well around here at the moment. It's nice have knucklehead stationed close for a while...he came home this afternoon for the week-end...although I probably won't see him much :) ...he will be with his buddies and probably go see his mom. He stays with my daughter and sil during the week.

My sister is doing as good as we can hope for. She has been coming to church almost every week and has made it to one of Angie's yoga classes, she does it on her own at home.

Speaking of Angie's yoga...it is really taking off at church...she has about 30 in her "base" now...she did a class at the yoga studio last week and the owner told me she was very impressed with her and the crowd she brought in! Of course some of the crowd was my sister, niece, ex-wife, and the mom and sister of our son in law...:) she did bring in 7 from the community though.

I will be back to work next week and shouldn't miss much in the near future...it was nice getting this week off after working for 2.5 months...these old bones need it ;)

I was able to get the dogs out on walks every day...I really miss that when I am working far from home...just not enough time or energy in the day! We won't be doing the beach or Starbucks tomorrow since Angie has to be at church early....they are having a big bell choir thing there...people from all over the state are coming for some kind of competition and concert. She said she just may call me to go to church tomorrow night since she will be there all day anyway then we can go to the beach on Sunday.

Well gals, you all have my prayers as always. I will try to get back here this week-end with some personals to all of you!

Until then...be good :hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-12-2010, 07:49 PM
HI WILMA ~ nice to see you drop in too; will send up prayers for your friend and his family; plus for you too: that your BP will come back down to where it should be.

:hug: RONNI ~ same for you; sending up prayers for your MIL, your DH, your DAD, for you, and for that soap opera drama -- that GOD's LOVE will rain down into the hearts and minds and homes of all of your family ... and some great big hugs too! :hug:

That's funny what you said about the gloomy way everything looks with the snow and fog; we had that here at the end of February but thank GOD, it has been replaced with glorious :sunny: ... and that will come your way soon too. Will pray that GOD will give you direction and find the perfect home for you and your family.

GARY ~ glad that you got some much needed rest. Angie is as busy as ever, but so happy that her yoga classes are so successful. I'd bet they would be very helpful to ANNIE too; still sending up prayers for her regularly; it's a tuff road to walk, so she and others like her really need our prayers ... :hug:

:wave: BARGOO ~ still sending up prayers for you too ... :hug:

Hi to all our other encouragers out there; hope you are feeling well, and that you all have a wonderful weekend too ... Rosebud :flow1:

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-15-2010, 08:52 PM
:wave: H E L L O ..... anybody else out there? there? there? or am I all alone in this thread too? Can anyone tell me why I love to make time to come here and visit and read and support my fellow chickadees in their pursuit of health and wellness? Huh? Huh? Anybody? :D It's my destiny!

We had another lovely :sunny: one today ... awesome baby! I just stayed home and did fun stuff and some notsofun stuff (housecleaning) and cooking a nice roast pork with roasted veggies dinner for DH and I when he got back from doing his favorite thing (his hobby).

Had a great day; hope you all did too! Have a great week too, eh? ;)

Bootsie
03-16-2010, 01:07 AM
Because you LOVE US Rosebud!

I have been working in the garden but today had to go to town, don't like to go to town, they drive like crazy in town, zoop here zoop there people don't know what the white line is for at the intersection they think they need to be in the middle of the intersection and stop. Supose to stay behind the white line not in front of it when the light is red! When the speed says 35 people are all passing you up and Ha! you catch up with them at the next red light. Give me the country, city life is not for me!

Bootsie
03-16-2010, 01:44 AM
Oh I have a question or two that just popped up in this old head of mine.....
Don't you think its time for our bodies to listen what our souls want instead of our soul listening to what our bodies want? I read threads all the time our bodies are trying to tell us something well... I think our bodies are smarter than we think, your body is in the starving mood , and refuses to loose weight,.... you need to eat more etc etc, etc.... One says eat this, one says eat everything, one says count your calories ,one says drink fruit juice, no wonder we can't loose weight we are turning circles till we are dizzy!

I think my body if it has a mind of its own, needs to take the ear plugs out of it's so called ears and start listening to my soul..I want to be what God wants me to be and for the life of me I think he wants me to be healthy, happy and have wisdom. I can tell you one thing my body is not starving if it keeps growing...... In fact I feel so much better when I don't eat. Am I wrong? If so please explain it to me.

carolr3639
03-16-2010, 10:16 AM
Bootsie, see my reply on weigh down.

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-16-2010, 08:31 PM
HI BOOTSIE ~ I also put a post in the Weigh Down thread. I have been feeling the same frustration lately as well; everyone claims to have the best way, but I agree that our body does know when it is hungry or starving, and will do whatever it has to -- to protect us from falling ill or worse; but it's not infallable. We are but flesh and that can be weak at times too.

I also think that starvation diets can lead to frustration and ill health; I was a fabulous dieter -- I lost piles of weigh again and again, but just didn't know how to keep it off. I am tired of trying new plans and spending more money on more plans. Now I am just trying to trust that my body does know what is best for me; eating healthy, whole foods in moderation and trust GOD that He will do the rest.

Lately, I have started to lose a lot of inches and possibly some weight, but I am going to use my clothes and measurements as guides like I did in the past, instead of getting upset over a number on a scale. I know that for about five years now, I have been eating very healthy foods and getting better at it with each passing month.

When we were young, we didn't fuss about what we ate like people do today; we ate a blend of meats, veggies, dairy, and grains, etc and we weren't overweight then. We did not eat seconds or fast foods; and hardly ever ate junkies -- I was thinking there might be a hint there ... ;)

I think there was a stress and comfort thing that came in there somewhere; and we have been working hard on that one. I now use meditating on GOD's Word, PRAYER, PRAISE, and SONG to combat the neggies in this life that lead to comfort eating for me.

Interestingly, my DH can eat any kind of food in any amounts and he is a slim 130 lbs with his slippers and clothes on; obviously a different metabolism going on there; but he doesn't eat out of emotion! He eats small amounts at a time: he doesn't binge; although he eats a few munchies at Christmas. He is very active though; he walks a lot, and rides his bike a lot now; and I think it's that activity that helps keep him slim.

I told him that I would follow him around but I know that I would collapse. :lol: Sooo ... I'm a work in progress; I'll get where I am supposed to be in my body's good time. And, I think that GOD will help me too; by giving me strength and encouragement along the way ... "THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD, AND I SHALL NOT WANT ..." Psalm 23 (my favorite one too).

Bootsie
03-16-2010, 09:27 PM
:hug:Oh Rosebud that is wonderful you are loosing inches! YEAH!

I think if I listen to my body though, I am going to weigh 375 by this time next year, right now I weigh 197. My body needs to listen to what my soul wants and what my soul thinks is going to help my body stay in shape. I think all my body wants especially my taste buds is eat, that makes it feel good. Well only till its full then it feels like road kill on a Texas Hot Highway! I did not eat this morning for I was not hungry but I woke in the middle of the night starving but I just turned over and went back to sleep. When I did eat I knew not to eat to much for I had a bunch of work to do. I felt so much better, until tonight I gave in to my body taste buds wanted some chili and now I feel like I have been rung through and old wringer washing machine and hung out to dry. Learn and live. Rosebud I think I will throw my scales away and just use my tape measurer.

I think I found me a home church, going to it first time this Sunday. It is just starting out. River of Life Bible Church. Some friends of mine is starting it up. Please pray this is the one!

carolr3639
03-17-2010, 10:35 AM
There is a really good new book out.......the Eden diet.

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-17-2010, 06:01 PM
HI BOOTSIE ~ :lol: I was laughing becuz of what you said becuz I know that is true too; if we listen to all our wants and desires and our tastebuds ... I meant listen to what your body is telling you in the context of your present eating style, in the sense of your cravings: what are they? I usually crave protein, so I figured that I wasn't getting enuff and so upped my protein intake. Sometimes, I feel like I am starving: and so then I will check how much I ate and see that I haven't eaten near enuff that day.

I also realized that I wasn't eating enuff good fats each day, so now I am trying to make sure to eat things with good fats (omega-3's) in them and use a bit of olive oil or omega-3 oils in my cooking (ie canola, peanut oil, sunflower, salflower, soya oils, etc). This is supposed to make us not feel so hungry: I mean, physically ...

Gotta go get dinner on; DH is pacing, so I will come back and talk more later ... ;)

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-18-2010, 12:35 PM
HI FOLKS ~ the internet was acting up so badly late last night that I couldn't post, so (thank GOD) I saved all my posts and am just copying them in today (including the one I started to BOOTSIE) ... when I got up this AM, it came back on ... glad that they got that all sorted out!

We have a lot of clouds today and had a tinsey, insey, bitsey amount of ***** that was barely detectable and that has now stopped. It was colder this AM (around 0 C so we had to put the heat back on). The sun is trying to peak through and may succeed; but we knew this awesome streak had to come to an end eventually. We took full advantage of it whilst it was here.

Hope you all have a very pleasant day!!! Rosebud :flow1:

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-18-2010, 12:43 PM
BOOTSIE ~ to continue ... ;) I was wondering how you would know what your Soul wants you to eat? ;) I mean, I hear all these people talking about what GOD wants us to do; what the LORD wants us to do; and now, what your Soul wants you to do ...

I wanted to know what GOD thought too, so I did a study through the bible and looked up all the verses I could find pertaining to food and eating (and marked them) ... and I was pleasantly surprised that there are more positive verses about eating than negative ones.

Very few of them talked about specific INDIVIDUALS who overate but were referring to excess in eating and drinking (gluttony) as the Romans did many years ago at their feasts where they would eat and drink, purge, eat again, purge again and so on, as an activity in itself ... I referred to this in a previous post in a previous thread some time ago.

Now, all I could find was that GOD wanted us all to eat well and enjoy eating and be healthy and happy. Since so many people in this world had to battle starvation and not having enuff to eat, I am not surprised that was the focus in the bible most of the time.

The phenomenon we face today in our modern and affluent societies is similar to the Romans becuz we too live in a very abundant society 'where something that was meant for our good has become a trap to them'. *(Psalm 69:22)

I don't think there is anything wrong with eating good, wholesome foods in moderation, and scripture supports this really. So where did we go wrong? OR did we? Well, with the proliferation of what I call UNHEALTHY FOODS AND FOOD PRODUCTS, there was an increase in weight-related issues including obesity and studies around the world support that.

Now, for many people they eat according to their income and convenience. People used to grow a lot of their own food; now, not so many do. A recent study says that Canadians are becoming very health conscious and home gardening is on the increase again.

I am not so sure there is a mysterious reason why we overeat, but like I mentioned in a previous post, I am trying to not use food to comfort myself anymore, but go to GOD, so to speak ...

EDIT TO ADD: I think there is really only three main reasons that we all eat -- 1) Need: Hunger 2) Emotion: comfort 3) Conditioning: from advertising and the availability of fast foods and junkies everywhere we go ... and we are now aware of this too.

... Turn to the LORD when we are hurt or sad or mad or whatever; trying to use any other positive thing I can -- to deal with negative situations and people that come up in my life now. So ... I am now using the Word (by memorizing short, positive bible verses), bible study & meditations, praying, PRAISING, and SONG to combat (if you will) the mental or emotional side of eating.

I am hoping that combining the two: knowing what foods are good for us and using the right spiritual armor will heal this issue in my life ... I think that it is working as I don't eat so much out of emotion anymore -- not like I used to at all. It only happens now and then (and I know why and am trying to use the tool of FORGIVENESS for that); and now I seem to be much more aware of it when it happens too.

As you know, I am trying to focus on GOOD HEALTH instead of other vain things; and that has really helped me too. Nothing spiritually wrong with that! Another thing I am doing is having healthy foods and snacks around so that if I do digress, it is with a handful of nuts instead of something unhealthy. I can forgive others and myself and move on ...

Well, didn't mean to turn this into a book, but just wanted to share some of my thoughts with you ... :lol: And, I am looking into "The Eden Diet" by Dr. Rita Hancock as I am looking for a more positive Christian study and this looks promising so far, so we'll see ... :hug:

Quote: Like Dr. Rita says...if a "Christian" book or program leaves you feeling depressed, guilt-ridden or feeling bad, that is not the voice of God whispering in your ear."

Bootsie
03-18-2010, 11:05 PM
Quote: I was wondering how you would know what your Soul wants you to eat?
Rosebud,I think it's mainly what my soul knows is good for my body and what is not good for my body.

Here is example of what my body wants and what my soul, that God is still working on ,knows what is best. I made some homemade Monkey bread with cream cheese icing and nuts. I was not hungry but the taste of it made me want more and more! If I had not put a stop to it, after the first slice and refused to let my body have more than that one piece ,I would of ate the whole thing. Instead I took it to the store and between 8 guys it disappeared.Example : My soul took control of what I ate.

A little something with my body is like an alcoholic , awe just one sip is not gonna hurt nothing, 1 sip turns into a six pack, 6 pack turns into a 12 pack, its hard for me Rosebud, sorry one bite of ice cream might mean a pint to a gallon, if I let my taste buds rule. One bite of a good tasting pie might turn into one slice, then two then three so on. I think this is called gluttony, when my body is way out of order in eating.

A drunk can be disruptive ect... a glutton (ME) seldom is. but I hurt inside just as much and yes I need help just as much as an alcoholic does. I realize that but there sometimes to be no one and you feel so alone during this fight within, so I with God's help has to take over. Just look at my brother he just went through Open Heart Surgery, God gave my body a soul for a reason, its up to me to care for it the best I know how, I believe that is what God explains to us through out the Bible.
Another example:
This morning my body did not want to go walking but I made it go anyway. It would of much rather-ed sit in front of the tv and watched the news and ate breakfast and sipped on Hot Tea. Or went to this computer and stayed on it for an hour or two. Instead I made it walk 3 miles. That is my soul taking over. If I had listen to what my body wanted I would of downed the whole pan of Monkey Bread and got no exercise or enjoyed my walk & talk with my friend. Listening to what my body wants could send me into depression!

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-19-2010, 09:17 PM
:hug:BOOTSIE ~ I certainly do understand how you feel and I will pray that GOD will help you to learn how to not 'binge' on certain foods. For instance, if I know a certain food temps me to eat too much of it (usually that would be a munchie item; salty & crunchy); I won't make it, bake it, buy it, or have it in my home! No offence meant here, so please don't take it that way ...

Now, I read somewhere that the soul is really our GOD-like MIND indwelling in our bodies so2speak ... and that the Holy Spirit can speak into our soul or mind to tell us what GOD desires for us; sometimes that is through His Word (the bible), or through other Christians, or Christian books, etc.

So if you felt impressed in your mind (or soul as you call it) to take that monkey bread down to the store to let the men eat it, that's great ... GOD was trying to rescue you from a bad situation, I think.

*** What was the real issue here? Is it that you are a glutton or did you make a mistake in judgement: or an unwise choice -- should you have made that monkey bread in the first place? Is the alcoholic's real problem that he can't control how much he drinks, or is it that maybe he shouldn't be drinking alcohol? That's usually the remedy for them: ban the alcohol; the thing that caused the alcoholism. Are you addicted to hard-boiled eggs or apples or carrots? Probably not, so it isn't all food, just certain ones. So are you a glutton or are there just some foods that have addictive qualities for you? I think you are blaming yourself, when you should be examining your food choices instead ... ***

I thank GOD that over the last several years that I have been healed of binge eating; it took time, but I learned how to deal with this much better now. I learned that I have a few trigger foods that I am just better off not having around; and the rest I have learned not to overeat them. I can eat only one piece of pie and I am grateful for that; we each take one piece and if there is any left over, I put the rest in the freezer for another time.

I learned tricks that have really helped me, like I buy one container of ice cream and those small flat cones, and I can only fill it to the top; so now we don't eat too much at once. I have to admit that I never had issues with some foods; but I did with others, so we are all different. I don't bake chocolate chip cookies anymore; instead DH will pick up a few at the bakery if he really wants them.

Each of us can learn strategies and tricks that help us; and I think that is what Dr. Rita Hancock is talking about in her book, but when I can get a copy of it, I will know for sure. I think there will always be some foods out there that I will just have to ban from my home, but I am so much better now.

Each person is entitled to their own opinions and beliefs about interpretation and definitions of words; this is a free world. We may just see some things a bit differently. I don't believe that I am a glutton, nor have I ever been one; and I don't mean that in a derogatory way either! I never ate copious amounts of any one food, but I maybe ate a bit more than I needed occasionally.

If we were really strict like some people are -- some people think that us "fatties" shouldn't be allowed to eat anything good or yummy at all. I had one person say to me "Why don't you just stop eating?" I was so shocked but immediately I responded with ... "Why don't you?" Becuz the person who said that to me was overweight too and had been his whole life.

I believe the Holy Spirit gave me that response; it was short, but not mean, and to the point. His question was silly; my answer was appropriate. He mumbled "not me, not me" and I said "yes you, yes you ... Tell me, what would happen to you if you just stopped eating ?"... he stammered and couldn't answer for some reason. So I continued on ... "Becuz you would get sick and die, that's what? So next time, think about what you are saying before you say it!" Then I turned and walked away.

If we really believe that GOD or the LORD want us to eat better, then what is the issue really? We know that our bodies house his Holy Spirit; we already know that and so does GOD. Has that changed anything? Honestly, no ... So we ask GOD for His forgiveness for our weakness with some foods and ask him to help us find a way to eat according to need and not for other reasons like comfort.

I believe this takes time; we need time to RE-LEARN how to eat in moderation. Not only that, should we really be filling our homes full of junkies, baked goodies, and fast foods? Especially way more than we could possible eat at one time or would need for one meal. That may be our real mistake -- now if and when I make something, I make only enuff for DH and me or our guests and make it something as healthy as possible too.

Again this is another trick I use and it really helps. Make a small pie; a mini-pie if needs be ... I had my niece help me do that one year and we gave away all the extras to family, friends, and neighbours that Christmas as gifts. They were about 5" across and just right for 2 people.

I really think there is an answer to every problem; a solution for every issue. If we listen for GOD's wisdom; it is there, Bootsie. He will speak to our mind and heart and soul, if we truly listen. BUT I don't think we have to condemn ourselves and call ourselves nasty names to learn this; why there is this verbal self-flagulation that women seem to immerse themselves in, is very disturbing to me; and must be very sad to GOD.

DR. RITA talks about this in her book too! I think we mustn't let Satan badger us this way; this is just another way to put women down. I really believe this with all my heart. GOD loves you and me; and I don't think that He is mad at us about this. He is loving and kind; and slow to anger; he merciful and compassionate and understanding and caring ...

We must focus on the positive and the truth of GOD -- He isn't a big old mean ogre who is getting ready to strike us all down becuz we eat a second piece of pie! He wants us to eat and eat well; he wants us to be happy and healthy ... and that includes mental and spiritual health too. This comes from LOVE ... GOD's love -- not condemnation ... Romans 8:1

You can be healed of over-eating by accepting GOD's LOVE into your soul and heart and mind and body!!! That is the way ... that is the truth ... GOD LOVES YOU! Now, just the way you are; and then HE will help you heal and get better. Oh dear, there I go again ... rambling, but I really feel this is so important for us all to get into our minds once and for all!

GOD LOVES US -- UNCONDITIONALLY -- NOW! He has already forgiven us for every sin we have done or will ever do in the future! Now, we can relax and enjoy life ... and have it more abundantly, as Jesus said in John 10:10.

I think the first step to healing is learning that GOD loves your SOUL more than your body ... :hug:

Cape Breton Chick
03-19-2010, 09:34 PM
Hey there everyone.. I wanted to come by and say hello.. I have posted here a couple of times and always want to come back each day.. and then never do.. but I am making it part of my routine.. I love reading all of your posts, and you are all so very uplifting and supportive, and full of the love that God intended it just makes me feel lighter.. I just wanted to say i admire all of you so very much and I feel led to come here more regularly and it is one more step in obedience, which is something I have been working/struggling with at this point in my life.. and we all know that with obedience comes multiple blessings... love and prayers for all :hug:

Bootsie
03-19-2010, 09:50 PM
Aw Shucks, Rosebud I did not take it offensive, just trying to explain myself, sometimes I just can't get the words out right, the way they should come out.
Thanks Rosebud, your the best!

Hi Angela, I don't remember you but so glad your here! The best part of this group is we are always there for each other even though we are miles apart! Hope you come back often!

I skipped town today and went to the largest garage sale I have ever been too in my life! It was like a small town full of junk to sale! Found a hoe and my friend found a hoe and we went around caring our hoes and I wish you could of seen people grinning ear to ear especially mine was broke but I was really after the metal part. Had a great time!

Cape Breton Chick
03-19-2010, 09:56 PM
Hi Bootsie.. It was only once or twice sporatically.. that I actually posted.. was back and just read more.. thank you for that warm welcome and I plan to be back quite regularly.. my spirit is smiling inside right now! yay! :D

Karen31
03-19-2010, 10:05 PM
Hello everyone--I know it has been a very long time--- shame on me! Things have been hectic at times, what with my son and his family trying to make a move to Florida when they don't have any sense or cents!!! I just cant figure out why they want this so bad when it has already caused them so many problems..... but I have decided to try to bite my tongue now--- I've talked til I'm blue in the face and it hasn't done any good. So just hope and pray they can make it and if not they can finally open their eyes to the fact that it just isn't meant to be.

Now for some good news! We finally got a contract on our house in Colorado today!! So I've been busy filling out paper work, faxing and emailing and all that good stuff. It was a LONG 2 years! So if all goes well we will have the closing the end of April. Hoping that it isn't snowing then when we have to drive across Kansas---yuck! That is going to be a big headache that is gone.

I haven't had a chance to go back and read everyones posts yet but I will. Everyone take care and I will try to get back soon.

Cape Breton Chick
03-20-2010, 04:07 PM
Hey everyone.. just wanted to pop in and say hello and I hope everyone is having a wonderful first day of spring! :)

carolr3639
03-20-2010, 06:01 PM
One of my DILs is from Cape Breton.....Blues Mills. Hi to all.

EZMONEY
03-20-2010, 07:23 PM
HI GALS :)

Well Angie and I had a fun day. We took the dogs out for a short 2.5 mile walk this morning, then I vacuumed and started laundry while she went to church for bell choir practice. When she came home, after lunch, we started on the back yard flower bed we put in. She had planted pots a few weeks back but today I took out a bed we had in one area of the front yard, moved it to the back yard. She planted some veggies, the veggies she started a few weeks ago are looking pretty good already. We have had some great summer like weather for a few weeks :)

Angie has to play bells in second service tomorrow so we may take the dogs to the beach for their 4 mile walk then have breakfast at the cafe there, we are usually done by 8:30 with that so it allows us plenty of time to get to 10:30 service.

Busy at work again, we just picked up another remodel on a car dealership so it looks like I won't miss for a while...mixed feelings about that :D My boss told me yesterday "Don't even think about taking time off for a few months"...Angie and I are going to New York in May for Lara's graduation...maybe I will wait to share that news with him ;)

We did our Friday Night Splits yesterday....shared a great salad and a margherita pizza at a place we go to a few times a year. We brought about 1/3 of the salad home and 1/2 of the pizza....there was a day when there was never any leftover pizza if I was involved! :D

I am doing well, so far, in the March Madness pool the kids/their friends and I are in....no $$$$ involved, just for fun but I took 28 of the first 32 games which is flat amazing for me....right now I am 8 games ahead of my son in our yearly bet :carrot: Looks like the beer is on him this year ;) I think he has won this at least 15 times in the 20+ years we have done March Madness!

Well I gotta go for a bit but I want to tell you all I am so glad you are posting here and apologize for skating out and not being as dependable as I was in the past...but I come and read and pray daily!

And I am excited for all of your good news :carrot:

houses do sell...they really do....right KAREN? ;)

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-20-2010, 07:57 PM
:welcome: to our thread, ANGELA ~ in your avatar you look so pretty and happy too. Glad that you decided to come back and join us here again; nice to have another Canadian join us too. You know, I have a cousin named Angela (or Angie for short) and you sure look a lot like her; you're not her, are ya? ;)

KAREN ~ PTL, that is fantastic that the house finally sold; we knew it would. It was just the timing with things the way they are in some places; I have seen some houses here take even longer than that. It's funny, some houses can sell in a few months and others can takes 1-3 years; there doesn't seem to be any special reason either. I just know that you are happy to have that settled; and maybe it is best just to put the kids in GOD's hands too ... :hug:

HEY to BOOTSIE, CAROL, GARY, and all the rest of our encouragers out there ... We had some nice sunshine and went out shopping today; got lots of walking in -- actually too much and so I will have to rest up my feet and legs tonight and the rest of the weekend as I overdid it a bit. It was nice and :sunny: again today, even if it was a bit cooler though.

Have a great weekend everyone ... Rosebud :flow1:

Bootsie
03-20-2010, 11:33 PM
Rosebud it has been 42 all day with 35 to 45 miles an hour wind blowing here!

My brother is a little worse today, worried about him.

Our furnace has gone out and it is suppose to be freezing tonight so I am going to try to use the fireplace but the way the wind is blowing afraid I will get smoked out! Tomorrow is my first day at a new church, hope I Love it! have not been to church in over a year but I have good feelings about this one.

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-21-2010, 12:45 AM
:hug: BOOTSIE ~ sending up prayers for your Brother tonight; hope he is feeling better soon. I know you mentioned that he had heart surgery; you could mention him on the Prayer Warriors thread again too ... :hug:

Cape Breton Chick
03-21-2010, 11:15 AM
Haha Rosebud ... anything is possible.. Everyone in my family calls me Angie and I have alot of relatives so.. you never know! lol You have any relations here in Cape Breton? :)

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-21-2010, 09:09 PM
ANGELA ~ the only one that I know of for sure is a cousin, but her name is Katie Walker and I am not even sure she is still there, but I think she is. After her sister was murdered, Katie and her family moved back there as that was where her DH was originally from ...

We had a beautiful :sunny: day all day today, so we just had to go out for a very long drive and visit some favorite places. It was very enjoyable to drive around with all that sunshine; came home and baked a nice roast beef dinner with lots of veggies. WE watched an old classic comedy while dinner was cookin'.

^PRAYERS^ continue for you and yours ... Rosebud :flow1:

Bootsie
03-22-2010, 10:03 AM
My brother was much better yesterday, he was sitting up in a chair watching TV.

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-22-2010, 09:52 PM
BOOTSIE ~ that's great news; so glad to hear that your brother is feeling so much better ...

KAREN ~ I also wanted to mention that I like that new picture in you avatar too; you look so happy in that one and in good spirits. I bet you are so happy that house finally sold: good reason to smile for sure ... :D

We had a lovely :sunny: day today; all day long. We did a have a bit of ***** but it was all gone by the early afternoon. We also have cooler temps this week but the sun really makes it seem warmer ... I spent the day sorting my Christmas decos into a very large tote bin that we got on sale this weekend. One down, and about 2-3 to go; hope to have them all done this week to cut down the number of boxes we have to store. They will also protect our stuff better too.

Hope all our other encouragers had a lovely day too; and do take good care ... Rosebud :flow1:

Karen31
03-22-2010, 11:10 PM
Thanks Rosebud-- That picture was taken on my birthday (Valentine's Day) and my family all got together and came over for a surprise birthday for me. I was just planning on doing something for the day when they all showed up--so at least I looked decent!! LOL!!!

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-23-2010, 08:10 PM
KAREN ~ Oh yes, I remember that now; that was nice of them and it sure put a smile on your face and that bright red sweater looks good on you too.

We were blessed with more :sunny: today; GOD IS GOOD! It is cooler here right now, as the temps have dropped a bit, but all this glorious sunshine makes up for it. I just took it easy today; I blooped and overdid it a bit the last few days and paid for it with sore legs and feet and fatigue. I put my legs up this afternoon and fell asleep; as DH says, "I must have needed it".

Thank goodness I woke up just in time to put dinner on -- we were just having fish & baked fries, with coleslaw and veggies so that didn't take too much time. I just did our usual daily stuff today, but had lots of time to get lots of prayers in for everyone, esp those with special needs at this time. :hug:

Have you turned your clocks back yet down in the US? We turn ours back earlier now; over a week ago now. It is nice to have more daylight in the evening at this time of year. Hope you all have a lovely day tomorrow; and do take good care ... Rosebud :flow1:

Bootsie
03-24-2010, 12:13 AM
Rosebud,you turned yours back we turned ours forward! Spring forward and fall backwards.
I weed eated my brothers yard today and I am so tired . I weed eated from 10:30 to 2 p.m. and just stopped to fill up on gas and lengthen my string. Grass was a foot tall! I was so tired and hungry, and very sore, stopped at what a burger and got me a burger and fries, had not had fries in over 5 years.
Got home the cell phones were out tried to call Hubbie at What a burger and could just get his answering service. He looked at his phone and then he tried to call me at the house and his phone would not even work. Come to find out no ones was working didn't matter who you was with, Sprint ect..... So I called brother dear on land phone and he is in rehab for 2 weeks! God is good ,pray please that he likes his nurses there and he gets well soon.

Cape Breton Chick
03-24-2010, 10:29 AM
Morning everyone... I hope everyone is having a great week so far.. I am home from work for the day as we had to cancel as all of the schools were closing due to the 150km winds we have been having since last night.. (i am an assistant director and preschool teacher in a daycare)
I also want to share the AWESOME encouragement God has been giving me this week... showing me where I have been going wrong in my attempts at weight loss, and how He just needs me to trust Him..never mind the calorie counting and stressing... keep doing what I am doing and trust in Him to get me through it all ..the two workouts a day and turning to Him and not mindless munching when stressed or bored or whatever... to remember that my body is the temple for the amazing gift of the Holy Spirit... don't abuse it any longer!
I planned to start running again yesterday (by doing the C25k program), well in the past when I have decided to do this.. the weather was always my excuse.. well yesterday during my lunch break I went out and did the entire program without giving the weather a second thought.. and ran/walked the entire 30min in with freezing rain whipping around me.. and barely felt it! God is GoooD! This morning I am down 2 pounds since Sunday... God is carrying me through this and many other things right now.. but He knows my heart and will help me achieve a healthy home for my spirit! :)

I hope everyone is having a blessed day.. :hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-24-2010, 08:52 PM
BOOTSIE ~ ya, sorry -- I did mean turn your clocks AHEAD ... that was a mistake; we do the same as you SPRING FORWARD and FALL BACK ... :lol: Glad to send up prayers for your brother's therapy -- that all will go well for him there with sweet smiling nurses to help him too. :hug:

ANGELA ~ good for you getting some walking/running in; you are blessed to have knees and legs that can do some running. I have a bad knee and leg, but I did get in some awesome spring cleaning in this AM; that's good exercise too. I hope to spread it out and do some more over the whole month of April; I do something every morning and this schedule is very helpful for me.

We awoke to cloudy weather this AM, but it cleared right up and the :sunny: was here for the rest of the day; and that was perfect to sit on the deck with NIKO for a while this afternoon. I checked our forecast and it doesn't sound too good, but they may be wrong as we have had better weather than they predicted for the last 2 weeks; hope that continues for us ... :)

Hope you all have better weather soon too; and take good care ... Rosebud :flow1:

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-27-2010, 07:34 PM
:wave: Gee, I was surprised to see that no-one had posted in here since I did last Wednesday; so I suppose everyone is very busy right now. We had some more beautiful :sunny: on Thursday and Friday, but the temps were very cold and the winds were so severe that they woke us up in the middle of the night.

Then old man winter paid us a visit last night and today: we got a steady stream of ***** all day long as well. It is quite light right now, but it is pushing towards 2" right now, but the temps held at 0 C all day. That's not too bad really; we were very spoiled this month, so we can't complain really.

We spent our morning sorting out the rest of the Christmas decos and filled up 5 totes in all (DH gave me one of his which I will repace later); that is a lot better than 20 odd shaped boxes. Now they stack up nice and neat and take up much less room. I am so impressed that I am going to pick up some more to put some other stuff in as well; as the smaller ones are on sale this week. We worked at that til about 2 pm then called it a day and now we are gonna relax for the rest of the weekend.

Hope you all are well and that you all have a wonderful weekend too ... Rosebud :flow1:

EZMONEY
03-27-2010, 07:49 PM
ok....I will post soon...Angie and I will go to church tonight then have a Paws In The Park fundraiser run with the girls in the morning...then off to lunch with DS to celebrate his 29th birthday....I will be back....

Bootsie
03-27-2010, 10:05 PM
Rosebud are your Tulips coming up yet mine have been blooming for a week now! Thank you for telling us about planting them in the Fall, First time I ever had Tulips so pretty. My orange ones did not come up yet except for the ones in the pot, they don't seem as hardy as the red ones. Our Bluebonnets are everywhere! I went to Bethel Cemetery to put some flowers on my Families graves and people were stopped all along the roads taking pictures of people in the bluebonnets and just of Bluebonnets. Pretty day but so windy!
My oldest Border Collie is not feeling so well yesterday and today but she acts like she feels somewhat better tonight, she is 17 years old and she just cannot get around like she used too or see like she used too. She has been a good friend those 17 years, never be another like her. Well best get going got to work on my newsletter.

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-28-2010, 10:10 PM
BOOTSIE ~ glad your flowers are all blooming already; we were hit with a ****** storm overnight and got about 3" or so inches, but they are predicting sun and warmer temps so all that should melt this week ... So long story short ... no flowers here just yet; we don't usually see them until April here. Pretty soon ... I think.

Sorry to hear your girl was under the weather but at 17, she could have had a tiny stroke. That just happened to NUMPSTER and family; they are grieving the loss of their SHELBY ... a sweet, adorable husky-shepherd. She had a few strokes then had a bad one and they took her to the vet Friday last, and after some tests, the Vet recommended letting her go home peacefully which she did. They are really missing her though. We had the pleasure of meeting Shelby when they brought her up here the last time they came up for a summer holiday, and I got some great pictures of her too.

Our Pin Pin also passed from the same thing, she was 14+ years old -- and as you know, 17 is a ripe old age; what a blessing for you that she has been with you that long. I really believe these dear furry friends of ours are sweet angels that GOD sends to love and care for us a while. They are full of unconditional love, aren't they ... just like GOD! How Awesome ... :hug:

EZMONEY
03-28-2010, 10:18 PM
HI GALS ~

Well Angie and I had a big day today. We went to church last night because this morning we took the mutts to the local humane society fundraiser that we have done 3 of the last 4 years, we meet a golden retriever group there. It is a 2.5 mile walk but we always add to it since it is such a pretty area. Here are the pictures from today http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pudgy-pets/197889-golden-day.html

After the walk we met my son/dil/daughter/kidnapper/nephew/his girlfriend/my ex-wife/her so at the local sports bar to celebrate my son's 29th birthday he celebrated this week. Great fun but boy do I feel old :D

Holy Week is upon us...do you ever wonder how people make it through life without the security of eternal life?

Bootsie I hope your baby feels better...17 years is almost unheard of for a dog! Rosebud great job on the Christmas packing! Hope the weather gets better soon...it has been in the 70's here and very nice but rain is coming again this week.

HI to all...

I am working in 90210 next week so I may not be on as much...especially with the morning devotions since I will leave the house around 3am....

Prayers and Peace for all ~ Gary

Bootsie
03-29-2010, 11:37 PM
I have a praise my brother walked today and has started eating. I told the nurse that he cannot have fried or spicy foods because of his hernia and she did not even know that. She asked where his hernia is and I told her and she says that explains allot! Why did not the doctor inform them of the hernia , do not understand.
My brother in law helped me dig Sausage grave and when I went back out to her pen I had left the gate open for her to get out in the grass and she was standing up wiggling her tail at me. She drinked a little half and half tonight and I gave her a bite of my yogurt and she seemed to like it so i went and got her a spoon and was giving her some and she got up and went and got in her dog house. I guess she had enough and knew I did not know the meaning of no more Mom! She did drink some water though. I gave her some medicine for infection if she has one. I know she is old and a stroke is what might of happened but I cannot get myself to put her down, God will do it when he is ready.

When Jesus was in pain on the cross no one threw a spear to put him out of his misery and he to was suffering; our Father took him when he was ready too.

The old girl and I really have had some good times. I remember when Sausage and Tippy was helping me and David get some contrary sheep in a pen and I told them to catch em and get em in. Well I had a pair of pants on the same color as the sheep. I told the dogs to catch them and I bent down to pick up a stick and Sausage took a good bite off my hind quarters. I squealed and stood up and turned around and it was like, opps! wrong sheep.:dizzy:

Her and Tippy would round my goats and sheep up and bring them to the house, and I just don't know what I am going to do with out them. Have not found a dog as smart as those two dogs, such a blessing each one has been for me. I thank God for sending them to me, for they both are just the best friend a person could of had.

Natoshial
03-30-2010, 03:16 AM
Hi Everyone!!! I am new to this thread and I really feel the love here. I have enjoyed reading what everyone has to say. So I think I will be a regular and I think I will fit right in :) Thanks for starting such an uplifting place for us to come.

A little about myself. I am a 31 year old Native American "Lumbee" Mother of 2. Stay at home mom for now. Married to a wonderful husband of 10 years.
I have been serving the Lord now for 13 years. I owe him everything and I want to continue to grow closer and closer to him. I give him all the glory for everything in my life. Thank God that he has allowed me to remove 38lbs of fat from this body. I know he will continue to bless me with weight loss. I am leaning on him with this and laying it in his hands. I want him to shape and mold me into what he wants me to be. Not what the world thinks I should be.

I have done Weigh Down in the past after the birth of my son in 2001 and lost 70 lbs. From 260 to 190. I then got pregnant with my daughter in 2004 and after having her have been struggling with my weight until now. I have been reading the book Thin Within which has similar principles to Weigh Down but is more involved. I plan on sticking with Intuitive Eating because it is a way of eating that I can stick to forever.

The weather here in NC is getting beautiful and I can't wait to hit Myrtle Beach. I'm thankful to be lighter than last summer. So lighter equals less miserable in the summer heat and humidity. Wish me luck with finding something comfortable to wear this summer. :) No bathing suits yet for me. Maybe some cute capris. Thanks again for starting this thread.

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-30-2010, 06:43 PM
:welcome: NATOSHIAL ~ we are glad you found us and are happy to have you join us here. You can share with us all you have learned from your previous experiences with Weigh Down, and Thin Within, and Intuitive Eating as well. I agree with you -- I am praying that GOD will help me become what HE wants, not what the world says we should be. Come back often ... :D

BOOTSIE ~ PTL, that Sausage is well again; have sent up prayers for her so that is great! I couldn't put my girls down either; the Lord took them in His own good time. They both passed peacefully and quickly; as we had prayed and I am so grateful for that. Sounds like Sausage is meant to be with you for a while yet ... :hug:

GARY ~ nice pics of your furry babies at the Golden Run; they really look like they were having fun with all the people there. Happy girls ...

We had lovely :sunny: again today. It was a bit cooler, but it warmed up this afternoon so NIKO and I were able to spend a bit of time out on our deck. Got some walking in as we went to the store to pick up a few things and did some other errands. Hope you all are having a wonderful Easter week ... Rosebud :flow1:

thinmintintraining
03-30-2010, 09:26 PM
Well, well, what a thread you guys have going on!! Thanks again for the invite!

Nato - I am also in NC. Which part are you from?

I am also new to this thread!! A little about me is I am 31 yrs old. Married to DH a little over 6 years. No children yet (that is part of my goal though:) ) I like to consider myself a domestic goddess! Others would call that housewife so whichever you prefer :D My DH is a truck driver and is gone from home quite a bit. Please remember him in your prayers as he is starting a new job on Monday!

I am currently the secretary and piano player for our church. I never knew that I could play the piano until we opened our church almost 3 years ago. I had pecked around on it and most of my family plays some sort of instrument! A few people showed me some chords and God did the rest. I'm no Beethoven mind you but I play by ear and do quite well if I say so myself. I am also the worship leader. I'm still gettin into the hang of that and God is certainly helping me!

God helps me with a lot of things and PTL for that!!! After a vaca to Pigeon Forge, TN last month, I realized that I needed to get serious about my health and weight loss. I started this journey again March 1st and as you can see by my ticker, I am down 14 lbs. My mom and I are currently members of Curves. I enjoy it! I have really been inspired by all that I have seen on this site. The success stories and encouragement is just amazing!

I do spend quite a bit of time keeping up with my mother (please pray for her by the way, she is having a hard time with her foot. There is a knot on the top of her right foot that causes so much pain it brings her to tears! I believe that God can and WILL heal her!) and helping her with my grandmother who had a stroke last June. She is currently in a nursing home and we go several times a week to visit and bathe her (very modest woman, won't allow just anybody to bathe her) I don't even know how I ever worked!! I think I do more now than when I had a full time job.

Anyway, that's about the jist of my life! I also have a cat, Max. He is just your average stray that was picked up off the side of the road and delivered to our house by my MIL. He's a big ole boy and our only "child" at the moment. I don't know how to insert pics or I would post one of him. He's very handsome :)

I hope you all have a lovely rest of the week! I'm on here several times a day everyday so I'll be checking back in later! :hug: and prayers to you all!!

Bootsie
03-30-2010, 10:01 PM
Welcome Stella and Natoshial! This group is very special to me, too! I am 57 years young ,very country, married to the same man for 38 years. Love animals , have 1 daughter and 5 grandchildren. A brother that just had heart surgery. Live on a ranch. In fact have a first time goat due to have babies April Fools day.

I have lost 90 pounds have regained 35 pounds and I been bouncing around like a volley ball in my weight loss. Can not seem to decide the right diet , I know the path is with God but eating what ever when ever just seems asking for weight gain. I have every kind of diet book and as soon as I decide which one to go with up pops another diet , that sounds so much better and I get throwed off balance again. Right now I am just trusting God to help me.

Was having a great day, weed eated just about all day and my friend brought me the prettiest tomato plants you ever seen 14 of them! That makes 19 tomato plants I have! I have to find somewhere to put them all! They are just beautiful and she raised them!

Rosebud please keep those prayers coming for Sausage my old girl is still not out of the woods. I am going to buy her some stuff tomorrow to see if she will drink it and give her some energy. Bless her old heart ,just love her so much.

EZMONEY
03-30-2010, 10:39 PM
Welcome LADIES!

thinmintintraining
03-30-2010, 11:14 PM
Nice to meet you Bootsie!! I'm sorry to hear about your girl! I'm sure she means a lot to you and I hope that she feels better soon!:hug:

EZ - thanks for the welcome :D

Bootsie, I think you have been married the same amount of time my parents have been married! Those kinds of numbers are just about unheard of anymore so I congratulate you on that! :) I have always had problems with my weight. If I could gather all the weight I have lost over the course of my 31 years I would probably be at my ultimate goal weight of 150 or below!! I have just never had the willpower! My latest excuse was that it was cheaper to be fat! I couldn't afford all that healthy food but I could manage to eat out almost everyday.

My DH and I just moved into our first home last year and I have really honed my cooking skills now that I have the room to spread things out. We were in an apartment for a few years and the place we lived when we got married barely had any counter top space. We mostly lived on spaghetti the first year we were married. My DH is quite country himself so when I ask him what he wants for supper or something he usually replies with "meat and taters" I love to experiment with new dishes and I usually have to try them out on my mom and dad who just happen to live just down the driveway! My dad will pretty much eat anything :)

Good grief, there I go rambling again! Sorry :) I have a habit of doing that sometimes :D

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-31-2010, 09:00 PM
HI STELLA ~ glad you found us -- hey, ramble away ... I do that sometimes myself! :lol: Don't worry, we will read every word too! That sounds nice having your parents so close, esp if you all get along really well too. Sounds like you have your hands full with caring for your family right now as well. Sometimes, that is exactly what GOD wants us to do ...

BOOTSIE ~ yes, am continuing prayers for Sausage as I read that she isn't eating much yet ... :hug:

Maybe if we all put our prayers together (where 2 or 3 are gathered), we could pray that GOD would give us wisdom how HE would like us to handle this eating/weight thing ... I have sure been putting up lots of prayers to Him about this. Today, I was reading about having FAITH that ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE to achieve good health. To thank GOD every day for all the bounty He has provided us; and just do our best each day and let GOD do the rest.

I think the important thing is not to obsess about eating; I think GOD would rather that eating would have a proper place in our lives ... and that would be as a function. Food is a fuel for our body; it is OK to enjoy it, but if we look at it as a healthy fuel, we can ask ourselves -- is this a healthy kind of fuel for my body? I decided to try that for awhile and see how that goes ...

I am using PRAYER, PRAISE, and SONG, plus RECITING SCRIPTURES, to deal with any emotional stuff that comes up in my life these days -- and it seems like a daily battle sometimes, but it is working for me. I'm not perfect yet, but it is getting better each day.

Recently, I went to a bulk food store and bought some non-salted nuts to have as snacks, which I count out. This is really helping me too, as I now see that it was salt that was causing me some issues. With the non-salted nuts, I eat less of them at once.

Seems that salt & sugar are something that I have to watch; and I added in some healthy fats like RONNI suggested and all that is helping to curb my appetite more these days. I keep getting this prompting to just keep on, keeping on ... that is, to just keep going on my new healthy journey! It's a process and it does take time to develop new good habits.

See, I can get on a roll myself when I get going ... :lol: Have a great evening folks ... time to go make my evening tea! Take good care ... Rosebud :flow1:

Natoshial
03-31-2010, 09:10 PM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. It is nice to meet you all and I am looking forward to getting to know you better.

Bootsie, I hope sausage is doing better soon. I will be in prayer.

Hi Stella, I see we have a lot in common. I am also a Domestic Goddess. Just love that!!! I'm from Lumberton, NC. About 2 hours away from Myrtle Beach.

Today was simply a beautiful day here. In the 80's. I went fishing with my baby brother after I dropped the kids off at school. I didn't catch anything but I got a good tan and loved being outdoors.

My brother gave me some squash plants. I have never had a green thumb and I hope I don't kill them. I would love to have some squash to call my own :)

I hope everyone has a blessed day tomorrow.

bargoo
03-31-2010, 09:37 PM
A busy few days ahead. tomorrow evening we well have a Seder Meal followed by foot washing. Friday evening a Tenebrae Service.Saturday Evening is Easter Vigil.Sunday at 6:30 AM an Easter Sunrise Service. Worship service at 9:45 AM. After service a light lunch and Easter Egg Hunt for the children. I talked to my Pastor yesterday, he is already tired, but our Easter Service is so special.

thinmintintraining
04-01-2010, 01:32 AM
Wow, we do have quite a bit in common Natoshial! My uncle is of the "Lumbee" persuasion I think. His last name is Locklear and his family lives out that way too I believe. Isn't that close to New Bern? You happen to know any Locklear's?

We finally got a wii today!!! It's second hand but not very used and a great deal for what we got. I found it on craigslist. This girl had bought it for her BF for Christmas. He was born with only one hand and since a lot of the games require both hands, he didn't play it much. I can't imagine anybody not wanting a wii!! There is so much you can do with them. I intend to use mine for exercise :)

I also had another small NSV today!:carrot: I was somewhat proud of myself. I will try to make this short and sweet! ;) My BIL is flying back out to afghanistan this morning and my MIL's b-day is friday so her only wish was that she would be able to have both her boys with her on her b-day. Since he is leaving today, we decided to take her out for an early supper. My SIL is from the Philippines so BIL wanted to take her to a seafood restaurant where she could try some "american fish" There is almost NOTHING a dieter can eat at a seafood place but I managed to do quite well in my opinion. I had broiled fish w/cajun seasoning. I asked that they dry broil instead of with butter. I also had a medium sweet potato with about a packet of sweetner (no butter there either) and when it finally arrived, a salad with a touch of italian dressing and a couple crackers. Their hushpuppies are pretty good and I wanted to have at least one but they are fried of course and I just couldn't bring myself to do it. PTL for His help! Normally I could have eaten a bowl by myself slathered in tarter sauce or honey butter. Nope, I've come too far to do that!!!

Well, that's my story today. I am taking mom to the dr. tomorrow to have them look at her foot. Please remember her in your prayers. She is too active to be stationary for long. It drives her nuts.

Hope everyone has a great rest of the week:hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy
04-01-2010, 09:31 PM
BARGOO ~ wow, that is a lot of stuff; no wonder your minister is tired -- I have never heard of that many services at Easter before. We always just had a wonderful Easter Sunday service and that's it. I know my husband church (Catholic) have more services than others do too, but my DH only goes to the Easter Sunday one too. Will send up some prayers for your minister for strength during this week ... :hug:

STELLA ~ prayers going up for your mom's foot that the doctor will figure out what it is and can help her -- asap. I had been having prolonged pain in my left foot (on the top too) and thought it was an old injury; but today, PTL, I found out that is was my flip flop sandals and slippers that were causing the problem for me all along. As soon as I switched back to regular slippers and shoes, the pain stopped ... thank you GOD!!! :D The only thing is that I can't wear those kind of shoes/slippers anymore and will have to throw them out -- but I will be buying some new more sturdy type of slippers and shoes with good support from now on.

Sometimes if I stretch my feet or legs out too quickly, the tendons get tight and that can cause pain too. Between the shoes/slipper thing, my poor feet were giving me some grief, but now I know what was causing it, I hope that will soon be a thing of the past ...:^:

We had an absolutely gorgeous day today; not like spring, but like a hot summer day with lots of :sunny: -- and the temps were about 75 F if our thermometors were correct and pushing to 77 F at one point in the afternoon. Later, a breeze came and the temps dropped down to 60 F in the shade but it was still nice.

We went for a drive in the country to scout out some stones and pebbles for my planting pots which I want to start tomorrow. Perfect time for that as we celebrate Jesus' victory of the Salvation of Grace and won eternal life on the cross of love for us all during this weekend. Spring and Easter go together well too ... :D

Hope you all are having a wonderful week too; take good care ... Rosebud :flow1:

thinmintintraining
04-01-2010, 10:48 PM
Rosebud - Thanks for the prayers!! They worked!! The dr. took several different xrays of her foot and was trying to tell her that there was a piece of bone "floating" around. She told him there was NO bone and he persisted! He finally took an xray from the top of her foot and sure enough, no bone! PTL!! It was something called a ganglion that had two pretty good size pockets of fluid on the top and he busted them and shot cortisone into it. The other amazing thing that God did was this...my parents don't have insurance so she was gonna have to pay for it straight out. My aunt had sent her $200 in the mail to go to the dr. When she left I looked at her bill and saw that the total amount was $400. They only charged her the $200 she had and listed the rest of the charge as a write off courtesy!! God is good!!

I also have some more great news to share. Today marks one month that I have been on this journey and I couldn't stand it any longer, I had to get on the scale today and see what was going on!! PTL, I am down another 5 lbs. which makes a grand total of 19 lbs. for the month:woohoo::broc::goodscale

I know that sounds like a lot but I have mainly cut out sugary drinks and fried food and I also bought the Just Dance game for my Wii today!!! Man, I don't sweat that much at Curves!! It's fun though!!!

God is so good!!!! I know I couldn't have done any of this without Him. I still have a LONG way to go but as my siggy says....I CAN do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me!!

Bootsie
04-01-2010, 11:18 PM
Stella so glad your Moms foot is better and WOW what a blessing she had in so many ways!
Prayers do work, Sausage is eating but she will only eat one thing and that is my husbands Ham sandwich meat but she is eating . I put her in the barn tonight for we are do storms. She may have a bad tooth has trouble holding that ham in her mouth but she does, thank the Lord. I have been putting baby pediatric electrolyte in her water and that has seemed to help her some. But she is still somewhat off balanced.
My brother is doing worse again and he will not answer the telephone, when I call. So I call his nurse and she said he will not get out of bed while she is on duty. but that he is alright .His blood pressure dropped yesterday on his way back from exercise. I was told it had went high, from his friend.

EZMONEY
04-01-2010, 11:26 PM
Angie and I just got home from church....Maundy/Holly Thursday service...did the Seder, service and stripping of the altar....

Never forget those words gals..."Remember me"!

Have a worship filled Good Friday...

In Christ, Gary

Bootsie
04-02-2010, 12:40 AM
A friend just sent me an email telling me why women are over weight.

With time, women gain weight because we accumulate so much information and
Wisdom in our heads that when there is no more room, it distributes out
To the rest of our bodies. So we aren't heavy, we are enormously cultured,Educated and happy.

Beginning today, when I look at my hind quarters in the mirror I will think,
Good grief, look how smart I am!

thinmintintraining
04-02-2010, 05:51 PM
lol@ Bootsie! So that's why I am so big :) I'm glad to hear that Sausage is doing some better! Hopefully that progress will continue!

EZMONEY
04-02-2010, 08:07 PM
Good Friday gals....reading the part of Peter tonight at service...

where I deny our Lord....

how many times in my life have I lived that in my thoughts, words and deeds...

Justwant2Bhealthy
04-03-2010, 10:16 PM
DON'T WORRY GARY ~ we are REMEMBERING OUR LORD every day this week ... we pray each morning and meal; and in the evening before bed; and with my devotions too.

JESUS is our friend -- faithful and true to the end! We are ever grateful for all He has done for us; He was so brave and courageous. Have been reading daily in my devotions and scriptures (twice a day, I might add) everything that He went through the week before His death.

I really liked the devotion from the Daily Bread today; it was a parallel analogy comparing the diagnosis of cancer (or other serious illness) before, during, and after -- with Christ's death, burial, and resurrection. When I got sick about 5 years back that is what it seemed like to me too: the death of our wellness or normality, as we knew it at the time; the burial of our old way of thinking and living; and the resurrection: a new awareness and a better way of living.

There was a huge transformation for me in my spirit and mind -- GOD carried me through it and still is, but showed me so many marvellous things as well: how to be more grateful, and appreciate every second, of every hour, of every day. To stop and smell the roses, to appreciate all GOD's creation, plus all of his beautiful creatures, and of course -- our families and friends. All of this being magnified more than it ever was before ... the grass was greener, the sky bluer, and I noticed so much more than before!

All through those years, the one thing that stands out is that I have been getting even closer to GOD and the LORD, even though I thought I was very close already. Plus He taught me the true meaning and value of Praise; and He showed me this: that GOD is our only true, pure, Abba Father ... and JESUS is our one, true, faithful friend and brother (like no other)! No-one and I mean N0-0NE ~ can compare to them in my eyes now!

You know, I was thinking that our weightloss journies could fit into that analogy too -- the diagnosis: realizing the old way of eating/living was not healthy for us, and making the necessary changes: death to the old ways of thinking and living; the burial: of all our old bad habits; and the resurrection: to a healthier way of eating and living, leading towards restored health ... and instead of leaning on food, trusting and leaning on GOD and the LORD for everything!

Well, didn't mean to write a sermon, but we are ever mindful of all the LORD has done for us at this time ... :D

We had a busy day, but did take some time this evening to go for a nice drive to the country and enjoy viewing the beauty of GOD's creation here. It was very, very hot here but with a terrific wind so it was nice to go for a drive in the cool of the evening too!

Hope all our friends here had a good day too! Happy Resurrection Day tomorrow ... or HAPPY EASTER SUNDAY!

Oh, btw ... my flowers are coming up in my garden today, so I gave them a bit of water too! Rosebud :flow1:

Karen31
04-04-2010, 11:24 AM
HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!! http://www.crosscards.com/cards/holidays/easter/easter-preview.html

Justwant2Bhealthy
04-04-2010, 09:20 PM
HI KAREN ~ seems you and I both were a little lost as this is the old March thread which is now officially ... CLOSED!!! ;)

Please join us in the new APRIL Thread ...

PS ~ maybe you could copy this into a post in the new thread for us all to see there ... thanks! :D