Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 03-01-2010, 02:31 PM   #1  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Wink PHYSICAL CHALLENGES ~ March Thread

WELCOME EVERYONE ~ Please join us in our thread: to give support and encouragement; to share ideas, and/or just chat with one another about everyday issues ...

This special thread is for anyone with any kind of physical obstacle and/or challenge like SB, CP, MS, MD, PK, Lupus, Osteo, Arthritis, Rheumatism, or any other condition (s), whether genetic or acquired (like injuries), that causes some physical limitations and/or difficulties.

HAPPY MARCH EVERYBODY!

SPRING IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER!

ROSEBUD
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 02:51 PM   #2  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ well, we have another gorgeous and day out there today. It is nice and mild too; above 0C too. Just perfect for getting some shopping in as well. Went to pick up some fresh fruit and veggies plus a few other things we needed. DH had to get a new shovel as his other one cracked; and we were so blessed to find one on for sale 50% off today.

I also found some non-salted and roasted peanuts in a shell for a snack; the protein is good for me and I have to take the time to shell them so I like this idea much better. When RONNI suggested peanuts, I went hunting and found some without salt; but the only ones they had were in the shell, but I really like them better nice and fresh.

So I got some walking in today and felt really good too. Am keeping on plan and doing well this month. I am dedicating March to a complete on plan month. Anyone else up for that challenge to see who wins? Hopefully, we all could do that; it would be nice.

Hope all our friends are feeling well out there; and do take care ... ROSEBUD
Old 03-01-2010, 04:18 PM   #3  

HAPPY MARCH EVERYONE!!!

Hope everyone is well. Had a crazy few days. A couple of doozies with back pain and a couple of chaotic ones as well.

Made the lentil soup at last! Yayyyy! Tastes so gorgeous and I've frozen a massive tub of it too. Only bad thing is the side effects! You know what I mean! We won't be lighting any matches in here soon! Peee-uuuuuu! Had smoked haddock and salad for dinner tonight, was lovely too.

"I'm so excited And I just can't hide it I'm about to lose control and I think I like it"

Get the new car tomorrow! And all the garden stuff is being delivered. Got a headache just now trying to think of all the things we need to do this week and how to fit them all in. Life just seems to get busier. But I know that this weekend the kids are away at their bio-daddy's and SO will want to go cruisin' in the new wheels, so I have that to look forward to to keep me sane.

Anyways, need to go and do some paperwork now.

Take care all XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
TheTigz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:30 AM   #4  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Tigz-LOL! You just crack me up! Hope you have fun in the new wheels!

Rosebud-Glad you were able to find some unsalted peanuts. I never thought I'd like unsalted nuts, but when I tried the unsalted almonds, I actually like them better than salted-tastes just keep changing for the better! I'll join your March on-plan challenge, even though you've already "won" because I messed up last night-having major evening eating issues lately, but back on track this morning and not too much damage from last night. We were even able to take a walk last night, but not too far (about 6 blocks) as there is still a lot of ice on the streets and sidewalks.

Purple-hope everything is well with you and yours and you're having a good week!

Well, must go get my crown started today, as I'm now the newly coronated queen of Iowa-just kidding, of course, but have to get the tooth with the root canal crowned, so it doesn't fall apart, I guess. Still having lots of numby-tingly-burny feelings in the legs and back and having sleep issues because of it, but the headaches and the gastric issues seem to be letting up. I don't know if it made the news anywhere else with all that's going on, but there's a new study out that states that women with MS are more likely to have migraines-funny, that's something I had asked a neurologist a long time ago, but he just laughed at me. Guess I'm not as dumb as he thought!

So, ok, I must get showered and ready to go-not looking forward to the dentist again-can you tell? We are having some beautiful sunshine and some melting of this nasty, white stuff, so maybe we'll be able to walk a bit again. Of course, we'll be going to Walmart today too, so we'll be able to do some laps around the store. Ok, really, I guess I have to hit the showers. Talk to you all later! for everyone!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:34 PM   #5  

If it could go wrong today, it has gone wrong today! ROFL! It has been SOOOOO bad I am too stressed to eat chocolate!!! All I've had for dinner tonight was a lovely salad, no meat, no carbs, just veg and some salad cream. Damn it was good. As a result I don't feel as tired and stuffed and crappy. Or at least I hope its that, I could be delirious, its quite possible LOL!

Got the new car - eventually YAYYYYY! It drives lovely and has everything but a coffee machine and a portapotty in it. There was a snag with some paperwork, but it was sorted in 30 minutes.

Got the garden stuff delivered today as well - missing 2 wooden panels GRRRRR. Sorted and coming tomorrow - probably LOL

Garden bench came and it looks great, but it does not seem to be built for the more generous butt and everyone will need to sit on it VERY CAREFULLY!

Had one of those days where everything seems to happen at once with phones going, people delivering, making hats with the kids for school and getting glitter EVERYWHERE, dogs taking themselves off to the park... CHAOS REIGNS!!! YEEEEEHAAAAAA!!! But on the bright side, my DS came home from school NOT covered in mud for the first day in 4 weeks, so mustn't grumble!

Tomorrow is now lining up to be just as busy as today. God I wish things would slow down. They won't though, at least for the next 2 weeks. Got this fundraising night a week on Friday and still making jewellery for it. Will need to photograph it all and count how many pieces I have made now. But finding the time..... ahhh-hah

Well no rest for the wicked need to go and finish some more paperwork and letters.

Take care all and remember:

If it looks like a turd
Smells like a turd
Tastes like a turd...

You need locking up cos you're eating turds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-02-2010, 09:35 PM   #6  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ well, we were blessed to have another gorgeous day of and they are predicting that until Thursday. I hope that is true cuz I love all this sunshine and mild weather. Our thermometers said we got up to +5C -- if they were correct; of course, the sun was on our side at that time, but it was sure close to that anyways.

I just stayed home and did my bills and other stuff around here; we had to go hunting in our spare room for the envelopes though. Finally found them in a suitcase up on top of our stationary cabinet: I had put them in there for protection; me thinks that sometimes, I put things away just a tad too well.

We had leftover roasted chicken and piles of veggies for dinner. This is now one of my most favorite dinners to have; I'm glad that I may becoming addicted to healthier fair these days. I won't mind that at all. Dh is in the other room watching Sergeant Bilko with Steve Martin; that's a good movie -- we love that guy, and I can hear him laughing away.

TIGZ ~ sounds like your life is in constant motion, but that can be expected with little ones, I'm sure. Hope things settle down for you by the weekend.

HI RONNI ~ I hope your appt with the dentist goes well for you tomorrow; I know how you feel. I really dislike going there myself; thank goodness, I don't have to go again until July, and that's just for a cleaning ... yeah!

HEY THERE, PURPLE ~ We all sure hope that you are feeling well; and that all is well with your family. We have missed your cheery visits this week; you don't usually stay away so long unless you are away on a holiday or deliveries. Take good care of yourself now.

Time to go put my legs up and read for awhile; have a wonderful Wednesday ladies ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-02-2010 at 09:38 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:24 PM   #7  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ We had another gorgeous day again today ... what an awesome blessing this week has been for us here! It got all the way up to +5C again today, and so far, it is still only -4C tonight. I hope you are all having nice weather too!

We spent our morning doing our weekly housecleaning, plus I did some laundry too. We decided to do some spring cleaning while we were at it, becuz it was so lovely with all that sunshine beaming in through our south-facing windows -- it felt like a spring day.

The snow was melting and falling off the roof; while the snowfairies were out cleaning the streets and hauling the excess snow away to the snowdumps today. We cleared off the front deck yesterday; but there's a bit left on the bottom that has to melt yet, but maybe soon, we'll even be able to go and sit out there for some fresh air.

Our NIKO keeps asking to go out there becuz it is so mild and sunny right now, and he is just tall enuff to see outside through the big livingroom window. Plus I have been opening the front door to let more sun in, and he will sit there for ages looking out at the cars and people going by. They are now saying that it should be nice right through til Friday ... yeah!

DH picked up some parts to do a brake job on the car today; he's gonna do it himself to save some $$$. A nice fella has offered the use of his garage to do the work so that is nice of him. I will be praying for mechanic angels to guide and help DH while he does these repairs, which will be very soon.

My sister, NUMPSTER, wants us to go down for a holiday to see her place in June sometime, so the car has to be in tip-top-shape for such a long trip as that. I am also praying for good health as well since we haven't been down there for a very long time, and DH is really looking forward to a trip there. We had actually originally planned to go down in the fall, so we have to see what happens. I love fall and would love to see the trees turn to the fall colors again down south sometime.

PS to PURPLE ~ I just recalled that on at least a couple of other occasions, your PC had crashed on you and you had to clean your hard-drive and reinstall everything again and that can take awhile (and you are connected to your DH's PC as well). Am still sending up prayers for your sister and that your DAD is feeling well too. Have a great week, my dear ...

Hope all you ladies have a wonderful spring-like day tomorrow; time for my tea and to curl my legs up for a good rest tonight too ... Rosebud
Old 03-04-2010, 07:07 AM   #8  
GastronomicVotarist ;)

S/C/G: 215/192.4/140

Height: 5' 7"

Lightbulb osteoarthritis exercises

I was tired of feeling disappointed when I looked into a new work out regime and could not do nearly 70% of the exercises due to squats, lunges, jumps, etc...

So recently I did some brainstorming on how to get a good lower body or overall body work out without ending up with swollen knees for the next 2-3 days.

I've had osteoarthritis since my teen years, thanks to my parents for never having my serious injuries taken care of properly when I was very young.

I'm 40 now and have created some osteo-exercises that are safe for extremely painful knees or shoulders & hips.

http://osteoarthritisexercises.blogspot.com/
Here's the link to the blog I was talking about that I made for us ol' ladies.

Thanks Rebecca

Last edited by rebeccamichelle777; 04-05-2010 at 03:43 AM.
rebeccamichelle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 05:14 PM   #9  
Rosebud

Rebecca ~ I'd love to have that link to your exercises, but becuz you are a NEWBIE, I cannot PM you and visa-versa ... Sooo, we'll have to wait until you have been a member for 20 days and 20 posts. The only other way is for you to copy and paste them inside a post, if that is possible ...

BTW ~ to 3FC's and to our thread; we would love for you to join us whenever you like to share ideas and just chat too. This is a great site with lots of info and lots of caring and supportive people too!
Old 03-05-2010, 06:26 AM   #10  

Sounds good Rebecca, I'd like a copy when its possible. I was looking the other week for exercises for the disabled and found a few videos on youtube that I have yet to find the time to look at ROFL! But I am very interested in what your regime is.

Welcome to the forum BTW.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:52 PM   #11  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, everyone! Well, we've survived our week of dentist appts. and other running around. Wish we'd have a week when we just get to stay home and veg out a bit (along with the schooling, of course). I've been so tired that I've gotten nothing done regarding the housework this week at all. But, I still can't sleep at night because of the creepy-numb-tingly sensations in my leg every night. I just seem to flip and flop

We have had some really nice sunny days this week and have been able to go out walking a couple times-short walks, because we still have wind and it does get a little chilly after a few minutes, so I guess we walked about 1/2 hour today. Felt good, but now I feel totally wiped out.

Now, of course, I need to figure out something for supper. Don't have any idea what to make-maybe burgers or barbeque with lots of veggies.

Hope you all have a great weekend! to all!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:04 PM   #12  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ we had another beautiful day today with warmer temps again -- about +5C or maybe even higher. All the rest of the ice melted into slush on the front porch so DH pushed it off and we were able to take down our Christmas decos to put them away.

I wanted to wait until a warm day when none of them had any snow our ice on them so they wouldn't get damaged, but our naughty NIKO chewed the plug off one of our candy cane lights sets when were weren't watching. I had gone to the kitchen to put dinner on while DH was bringing in the rest of the stuff and discovered the little rascal before he ate anything ... phew! Gee, gotta watch these young things all the time, just like a toddler; although he is supposed to be 2+ years old now.

So we had steak and mushroom medley and a salad for dinner; DH had his usual pork chop, veggies, and some rice. Most meals we eat almost the same thing, but sometimes I make us something a bit different. I used to work as a cook in restaurants so I am a little more accustomed to making more than one thing at a time.

I spent some of this evening just resting up my legs while reading and sipping on my tea. Hope you all have a great weekend too ... Rosebud
Old 03-06-2010, 04:01 PM   #13  

That just about sums it up. Totally overdid it today - wearing my "I'm with Stoopid" tshirt with the arrow pointing up. lol SO has finished the back garden, looks fantastic. So proud of him, he's done a great job. Unfortunately, the front garden, I decided looked like a bomb had hit it, so..... silly muppet me did it. Weeding, pruning, pulling out bulbs from plants I hate that the previous people here had put in and let take over the whole place. Did it all from the comfort of my "magic stool" ROFL that could mean so many things, "magic stool". I wish I could have one of them everyday! Sometimes I start shouting for someone to get me a crowbar, but I digress... LMAO Yes, my "magic stool" is a little stool on wheels that I use for all kinds of jobs that I would not be able to take on without my "magic stool". I should sell them on Ebay, "Magic Stool" used, but in great condition! ROFL Man offtrack again. Anyways.... front garden is now looking tidy and presentable and no longer embarrassing.

Had such a busy week its just not funny and next week will be the same if not worse. Jewellery is going well, needed to get more bits in as I had ran out of a number of essential items. Ladies night is on Friday, so trying to get as much made before that. Will remember and take pics... at some point...LOL

Well I am off to curl up in a little ball and feel sorry for myself...

Take care all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 03-06-2010, 08:42 PM   #14  
Rosebud

HI FRIENDS ~ we have been so blessed this week, it is amazing really; another full day of clear skies and and warmer temps ... awesome!!! DH said that someone told him the trend will end soon, but this was like a lovely spring holiday in the middle of our frosty Canadian winters. The snow was really melting quickly today with water running down the side of the road. If this had kept up another day, I'm sure the sidewalks would have been clear too as they were peeking through ...

Our porch is totally cleared, so NIKO spent a couple of hours out there basking in the sun and watching the world go by. We even have some, dare I say it ... green grass showing around the big fir tree and feeder; so the doves were ecstatic about that! They found a mound of seed there and were in food heaven ...

I had some leftover steak and romaine salad for lunch; and we had fish and a coleslaw salad for dinner (plus some cukes & tomatoes). I had a few sweet potato fries and DH had his regular ones with his fish. I just stayed home and did stuff around here while DH did his own thing.

HEY PURPLE ~ hope you are feeling well this week; and everything is going OK in your neck of the woods.

Have a super restful and relaxing Sunday ladies ... Rosebud
Old 03-06-2010, 08:51 PM   #15  
Rosebud

HI TIGZ ~ your MAGIC STOOL sounds like a wonderful gardening tool; a good way to save your back, and you probably could market those things, if you wanted to, esp with so many people who love gardening but that also have health issues too.

DH and I have some dryer drums which sit about 2-3 feet off the ground and I find them so handy for putting flowers and salad gardens in. DH has found me 2 so far but I hope to have at least three: one for flowers, one for salad stuff; and one for green & yellow beans which grow really well in them. I would have more, but we'll see how that goes.

I have a nice bed along side this place; and DH says he will make a few more out the front for more perennial flowers too. I hope to put beans and chives in the side bed; I already have lots of flowers in 2 of them. I might try to get some double blooming irises for the front; that would be nice.

I love gardening too, but always have to rest up afterwards too; so now you can spend the rest of your weekend recuping ...