Old 03-01-2010, 11:35 AM   #1  

Default Cost of MRC diet program?

I am considering calling MRC and getting started on their program. I probably have 25 pounds to lose. Can anyone please give me a rough estimate about the cost of the program? I know it's variable, but I really have no idea at all. Just would like a heads up on this before I go in for appointment so I have a realisitic expectation. Thanks so much!!
Debster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:43 AM   #2  
Doing it the healthy way!

S/C/G: 264/ticker/155

Height: 5'9'

Hello My sign up fee was $398, but you are right it does vary. I think it depends on how much you have to lose and how long you will be on the program. It probably varies by each center too. It is a lot of money to start, but it is the best decision I have ever made

Good luck...I hope all goes well for you.
kimmermarie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 339/282.4/200

Height: 5'3"

I joined MRC on 01-13-2010 and I paid $398.00 to join. That cost allows me to lose at least 72lbs in 24 weeks. However, I will have to rejoin for another 72lbs at $129.00. I believe that since you are trying to lose 25lbs that the fee would be substantially lower. I am sorry I couldn't help a whole lot.
BlkBeautylosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 169/149.5/130

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkBeautylosing View Post
I joined MRC on 01-13-2010 and I paid $398.00 to join. That cost allows me to lose at least 72lbs in 24 weeks. However, I will have to rejoin for another 72lbs at $129.00. I believe that since you are trying to lose 25lbs that the fee would be substantially lower. I am sorry I couldn't help a whole lot.
I think these fees are just way out of control, seriously!!! They want me to resign and pay more money. I have the tools, can purchase protein drinks online ...
sherriebaby2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:16 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherriebaby2009 View Post
I think these fees are just way out of control, seriously!!! They want me to resign and pay more money. I have the tools, can purchase protein drinks online ...
Where do you find the protein drinks online? Are they the same nutritionally? My consultant said that I will need to purchase only their brand. I assumed that was because they want more money. I wonder do the protein drinks really work. I buy 10 of them for $90.00 at my center, but they suggest that I take 5 a day. Which comes out to providing 14 days of HNS's. I switch though sometimes three, sometimes four, and then other days five because the cost equals $200.00 in a month. At times I feel like I am being hustled not to mention the cost of the MRC6. I better start losing faster for that amount of money!
Old 03-01-2010, 02:04 PM   #6  

I joined in October and paid $300 to lose 100 lbs by May. My center just had a deal to extend my contract for another 17 weeks for $100. 6 months before I signed up they offered free registration to anyone getting married, unfortunately they discontinued the program before I joined. It's a considerable upfront expense but if you think about other programs (WW cost me $10/week) add it up I would have spent about $340 for the same 34 weeks (and wouldn't have lost the same amount of weight). I spend $150-200 a month on HNS/pills etc... I can use my payflex for the products which makes it easier but it's still expensive.

Keep in mind the benefits of effective weightloss. I would gladly pay double to get the same results. This program works for me and I don't mind investing in my weightloss.
NotaFatBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 02:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 219.5/see ticker/168

Height: 5'7"

Personally I think the cost is well worth the benefits I have and will receive. I know I could not have succeeded (and have not succeeded in the past) because I needed the accountability (WIs and counselor sessions). The plan works for me, but it is not for everyone, you have to do what is best for you.
leigh34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 03:13 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh34 View Post
Personally I think the cost is well worth the benefits I have and will receive. I know I could not have succeeded (and have not succeeded in the past) because I needed the accountability (WIs and counselor sessions). The plan works for me, but it is not for everyone, you have to do what is best for you.

Oh, I am getting good results, but I get tired of "do you want more product" at every visit. It is expensive, but it is also doing what it said it will do. I think that I should be losing a little more, but I am happy to be losing. I had held off on going on a diet because I didn't want to be a yo yo dieter. This is my first diet in my life(granted I was never this big before) and it is working and regardless of the cost I am grateful.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:09 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 219/172/160

Height: 5' 4"

www.dietdirect.com sells liquid protein that is sugar free and also sells cocoa in a plastic container vs individual packets. It is cheaper. A lot of people I have talked to on the forum buy the minimum from MRC and then buy extras at dietdirect . So if MRC requires you to have 2 a day and you want 4 you get the extras from dietdirect. Some centers don't really monitor how much of their HNS you are buying. It just depends on where you go.
Helen ready to lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:37 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 242/169/166

Height: 5'7"

Just so you know they will suggest you will lose between 2 - 5 lbs per week. Some weeks you may lose a few more lbs but my average since on program is around 2 lbs per week. Just in case you wanted a benchmark in terms of weeks on plan. Good luck to you on your journey.
Keiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:49 PM   #11  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Where do you find the protein drinks online? Are they the same nutritionally? . . .
When you order from dietdirect.com, only order things when they are on sale and take advantage of the volume discount, free shipping. Sign up for emails from them to know what is on sale each week. Using the max HNSs each day will keep you from being hungry and therefore tempted to cheat. They supplement the amount of protein you get. ProtiDiet Liquid Protein is the same as MRC's clear concentrates. When they are on sale, they are $7.99/box of 7.
reuselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:33 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 152/135/130

Height: 5'2"

Compared to all of the money I have spent on Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers and all of the other weight loss programs I have tried over the years, the $$ I am spending now is WORKING.

I signed on for $98 for 17 weeks. I have 20-25 pounds to lose. The supplements, HNS, etc., run me about $40 a week - average. I'm spending a LOT less on crap food, eating what we buy and not throwing much away, so I think it all equals out...

Last edited by katwmn1; 03-04-2010 at 11:34 PM.
katwmn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:09 AM   #13  

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuselady View Post
When you order from dietdirect.com, only order things when they are on sale and take advantage of the volume discount, free shipping. Sign up for emails from them to know what is on sale each week. Using the max HNSs each day will keep you from being hungry and therefore tempted to cheat. They supplement the amount of protein you get. ProtiDiet Liquid Protein is the same as MRC's clear concentrates. When they are on sale, they are $7.99/box of 7.
Reuselady,

Thanks for theinformation! I am going to give them try and use the minimum from MRC to save the extra money. Nutritionally do you get the same value? Thanks again
Old 03-05-2010, 04:33 PM   #14  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Reuselady, Thanks for theinformation! I am going to give them try and use the minimum from MRC to save the extra money. Nutritionally do you get the same value? Thanks again
Someone posted they are identical to what MRC sells - made in the same factory somewhere, so yes, they are nutritionally the same. You can see the nutritional breakdown on their website and compare it and ingredients with the MRC products. I wish dietdirect sold the fruit and fiber powder as I really liked that.
reuselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 03:50 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 152/135/130

Height: 5'2"

I went to dietdirect and didn't see any difference in price from my Center. Am I missing something?
katwmn1 is offline   Reply With Quote