Tejas
03-01-2010, 09:31 AM
:grouphug:

New Pages!

Tejas
03-01-2010, 09:35 AM
Hi Everyone:

I'm off to aquafit on a rainy Monday.

Both Sandra and Sloan posted last night on last week's thread. I think you'll want to read what they wrote.

Sloan, I hope you don't mind, but the first thing that came to my mind when I read your post was "let go." I spent breakfast and dinner yesterday talking to family about a life-long NON-compliant family member who "ought" to know better. We all talked about how to be sure you've done all you can do, then don't do any more. It's hard to find that line, I know, believe me, I KNOW. I can't help but think that is your task now. If you hurt yourself, you're no help to anyone. End of "lecture."

Sandra, congratulations, and I'm really glad you weren't hurt. DH is still hacking and wheezing. Whatever it is, I've never seen him so sick so long. But, no fever.

Bye all, BBL,
Rhonda

Vickie
03-01-2010, 10:13 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm running late to get ready for JC. It doesn't look like the scale budged but I am undaunted. My nearly menopausal body is trying to pretend it still works and I feel bloated and miserable. Whatever!

I read all the message but can't respond to everyone right now.

Sloan, I was alarmed by your post. I know you know how high your pressure was last night. This is the time for the serenity prayer. You have to have the wisdom to know when you have done all you can and not let it make YOU sick. That's pretty much what Rhonda said and I agree. It's just so darned hard when it is one's parent who is not being responsible. Your family needs you to be responsible.

Sandra, how positively frightening! I'm so glad that you and Curtis and the people in the other car were ok. Cars can be replaced. Jim and I have been in your shoes. Our car was totaled. I'm hoping yours can be repaired.

Rhonda, Angela, Nancy, Mary Ann, Paula, I'll be back to chat with you all later!

sloanie
03-01-2010, 11:56 AM
Thanks Rhonda and Vickie! I have learned my lesson and will not ever let that happen again. I plan on doing some prayerful meditation using a Bible verse as a mantra to help reduce stress and will be monitoring my blood pressure. I was so shocked last night at my body's response!!!! I agree with both of you. There is a place that we have to get to that says: I have done all I can do! I just don't want to stand over his casket and say: why didn't I do more. I have to realize that after years hearing the same thing, my dad does not want to change, and that is not my fault. I will continue to meditate and will not discuss his irresponsible behavior with him or my mom. I will be there for them in any way I can, but I will not allow myself to get sick. I love you guys!!!

beach bum
03-01-2010, 12:05 PM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Went to BINGO last night with my friends and did we have a good time even thought was didn't win any money. Got home around 9 PM and was able to see the closing Olympics ceremony.Gee I'm going to miss switching the channel to 4 and watching it all evening long.

Didn't have a good W-I this morning I up from 173-175. I think a lot of it is stress and water retentions due to a stuff neck and shoulder area. I have an appointment with the doctor on Tuesday at 1:30 PM. Going to discuss once again my guidelines to what calorie range I should start with to lose weight.

The calorie counting board on this forum has a sticky that tells you what calories to start off with and than adjust weekly.Going over there and find my starting calorie count.

RHONDA-Thanks for starting us up this new week of a new month.Time is passing by so fast I can't keep up. Leo is going to be gone for 5 months tomorrow,but enough of that.We had snow last night and this morning I found human footprints[to large for an animal] in the snow going to the garage can.I so afraid I have a homeless person coming around,especially when I'm alone.Didn't call the police,and now it to late as the snow is melting.The temps are in the low 40's.

VICKIE-Its nice to see you posting again,we really missed you. Good luck at JC's W-I.

SLOAN-My prayer are still going out to you and your family. Please take care of yourself,don't need you get sick with such a high blood pressure.TG your friend told you to take your DH's pills to bring it back to normal.

Going to start my dinner,will be back later.

Vickie
03-01-2010, 12:33 PM
Jenny says I gained .4! What does she know anyway. Harumph! I'm reluctantly changing my ticker. I exercised 4 times this week after doing nothing for 8 weeks and ate properly. JC is mad that I'm not eating all their food and that's what they want to blame. I'm close to going back to WW except I do like some of their food better than lean cuisine and WW frozen. I'm feeling like I may get a rare TOM and that's what I'm going to blame.

I will exercise again next week and stay within my calorie range. I'll also try to switch up the foods. That's all I can do, right?

Gotta eat lunch and run errands. I'll be back later.

blessedwithsarah
03-01-2010, 01:05 PM
Hi everyone. After a weekend of cake and icecream and too many snacks, I'm back to program today. NO MORE SWEETS! I'm not even that big on sugary snacks, but something about home made cake and icing, topped with a scoop of ice cream. Oh well. DD had a wonderful birthday weekend. I think I'll make a pot of core chili tomorrow -- I'm finishing up frozen servings of Salsa chicken for lunch today. It was nice having a few in the freezer. I may make something else along with the chili just to stock up my freezer.

Sloan - HUGS to you. I'm sorry you are going through this and its affecting your health. You know your dad as well as you can -- and if you can't change him you need to let it go if you can. Have you tried praying to have God take the burden from you? I do find that when I'm overwhelmed and I basically turn over the things I can't control to God, He answers and I do find a sense of releif or some answers.

Sandra, I'm so glad no one was hurt in the accident. A car can be replace and repaired -- it may be an inconvience but your both OK and thats what matters. Glad you did well in the tournament!

Rose, I'm Paula and Sarah is my DD. Nice to meet you!! I think I remember when you were posting. I think I've been posting here for, I don't know, forever! :)

Vickie, .4, I wouldn't change my ticker. Jenny was probably just in a bad mood.

I have been doing some research on general anesthesia - as I will need to be under that for my day surgery. I was having some awful thoughts about it last night. I feel better about things after reading about how general anesthesia is very safe and problems that occur are usually related to underlying health issues. Its just un-nerving reading the release form that lays out the worse possible scenarios. I've been praying on this as well-- I've been praying that God help me make the right decision about this. I do feel more comfortable about things. I'll try not to really think about it much until next week.

Well, got to get back to work. Have a good day.

aghiowa
03-01-2010, 02:01 PM
Good afternoon ladies! Sloan, I agree with everyone else. It is his life to mess up as he sees fit, and ultimately, you know you can do nothing to change him if he doesn't want to change. Take care of yourself and stick with your plan.

Vickie, .4 is nothing! I'm glad you're exercising again...keep it up even if you don't lose. It's good for you in other ways too, as you know. :)

Sandra, thank goodness you and Curtis are OK! How scary!

I had my 33 week appointment this morning. I gained another 4 pounds in the last month, which my doctor says is just fine. I am guessing my hog-wild food spree of last week will catch up with me soon though. I am back to a no-sugar plan, which is really the best for me right now.

I am planning on going back to Core after baby is born, and easing back into walking as well. I am tired of being so large that it hampers my mobility.

Hope you all are having a good, relaxing day!
Angela

ontarget
03-01-2010, 03:16 PM
Rhonda, has Doyle been tested for allergy problems? I have never seen allergy problems as bad as they are here in Texas. We are going to Defensive Driving this Saturday. We'll get together even if it's this summer. I just hope it's not that long. I doubt I'll recognize you in your new body. But that's a good thing.

Sloan, :hug: listen to what Rhonda says. She's right on with what she's saying. You have to take care of yourself. And don't feel guilty about anything. It's out of your hands.

Paula, I hear ya on cake and ice cream. Right now I could use some comfort food and that fits the description perfectly.

Maryann, sounds like your weight is just fluctuating. Try not to worry about it.

Vickie, I like your attitude. I think you were on a defective scales.

Angela, I understand what you're saying. I'm getting tired of being large, too. I'm not "there" yet but I know myself and know I'll be ready to get back on program soon. Right now, I'm still physically and emotionally whipped from this weekend.

Curtis and I are always exhausted after big championships. I think a lot of it has to do with the intensity of focus we have for hours during the competition not to mention the physical part of it. I'm in my jammies. He's gone for a reflexology treatment. Eating isn't bad but it's not on program.

Ya'll have a good day. I'll catch you later.

sloanie
03-01-2010, 05:48 PM
Hey chicks, today was quiet at school. My bp was good this morning, and I'm so glad. I'll keep checking, though.

Sandra, I'm so glad you and curtis are okay. Are you sore? As always I'm proud of your results at the tournament. You go girl :carrot:

Angela, I'm glad doc is happy with your weight. It will more healthy for you and baby to stay within the proper weight range.

Maryann, good luck with the calorie counting. My dd is doing that and core. She's doing well. Hope you do too.

Paula, I read some scriptures today that said we cannot forgive on our own. I have prayed for God to help me with that and to help me let go of the things I can't change.

Today is DD's birthday, and we are having dinner with my sister and her daughter before our Bible study to celebrate her big 23rd birthday. Birthday cake and ice cream really sounds good. I'll check in later. TTFN

RoseB
03-01-2010, 06:53 PM
Hi all: Sandra I was sorry to read about your accident but glad to hear no one was hurt. Things can happen so fast can't they. Take it easy for a few days. It can shake you up having an accident as you probably know. I hope you do not have any aches or pains.

Soanie, glad to hear your bp is back down. I have never heard of a pressure going that high and then back down so fast. You are a lucky lady that it did.
Just do what you think in your heart is the right thing to do and you will never have any regrets. Prayer does help asking God for direction.

Sandra is right Rhonda, I have heard that Texas is bad for allergies. Has your hubby been tested?
I am amazed at all the exercise you do. I wish I could get motivated to exercise. I used to walk 3 miles every day with my little Irish friend.
Yes, the Hockey games were real exciting, everyone was glued to their TV sets.

Paula, I know what you mean about the cake etc. Gosh, I wish I did not have sugar cravings. Sandra is right about it being comfort food. Carrot sticks just does not work. :)

Angela, that is good your are able to control your weight and the Dr. is happy with it. They seem to allow a heavier weight now then they did when I had my son. I was not able to gain over 25 lbs. and now I notice they allow a lot more.

Paula, now I think I do remember your name. How old is Sarah now. (I love the name Sarah)
Paula we will pray for you having peace about your Day Surgery. Sometimes it is better not to read to much on the net.:)

Vicki, you have done so well on your dieting. Are you doing Jenny?

Mary Ann how did your day go today. Hope you got out and enjoyed yourself. I am missing the Olympics myself. I loved the skating but was very nervous they would fall. The poor soul who had lost her Mother, I could hardly keep from crying when she skated.

Sandra I made that recipe that I had given you for the squares and they all wanted the recipe. I made them guess what was in them but they could not.
They sure are not diet though.

Well good people I think I will go on my African Safari tonight (on computer) I just love watching all the animals live, in the Bush, and how they interact to the land rover with the people in them.

ontarget
03-01-2010, 07:18 PM
Rose, I know everyone enjoyed the goodies. I haven't made them yet. I probably shouldn't.

Well, ya'll. I'm not the positive, tough person you are used to having around. I have been on the verge of tears all day. Curtis just told me I probably need to just have a good cry. That usually takes pressure off my heart when I do. I guess it's a "mind thing". Anyway, a few tears are falling. I'll be my tough old self again tomorrow. Night night.

nancy237
03-01-2010, 08:28 PM
My goodness..I stay away from the board one day and all *%$#@ breaks loose...

Sloan... I am so sorry about what you went through at the hospital and
with your headache/blood pressure. I was hoping this whole ordeal with your dad would go smooth and it has been anything but smooth so far. The emotions flying at the hospital is understandable and I know your dad understands.
Everyone is tired and scared and that is hard on the nerves.
I am glad you checked your blood pressure ...should you go in for a checkup??

Sandra.. That is really scarey about your accident. I am glad no one was hurt and that is a good way to look at it about learning without anyone being hurt.
My son had a fender bender in a parking lot and I told him the main thing was to learn from it how fast things can happen and to consider if he had hit a child instead of another car. I don't think teens realize how you have to watch so close for kids in parking lots.

Angela.. sounds like a good doctor report. Just concentrate on feeding that
baby good healthy food right now. Once that baby is here I bet the pounds
fall off. If you breastfeed that burns a lot of extra calories also.

We are having a quiet week because my son is on a school ski trip.
Robin's back is gradually getting better. He is doing PT in a pool which has helped. Today we did our every 2 week meal out at a local BBQ dive.
Amazing food. He lost 2 pounds this week and I lost 1.

RoseB
03-01-2010, 10:25 PM
Nancy, wow you are doing well. Sure wish I was down to 142.
I take it Robin is your hubby, it is good it is feeling better. It always takes my hubby a week if he puts his back out. I am sure you are right, the pool would help.

Have a good cry Sandra and all will be well in the morning. I think it is the nerves after being in the accident.

Blue skies, (and they were today)
RoseB

ontarget
03-01-2010, 10:43 PM
I'm back. I dropped a few tears and am feeling a little better. Curtis and I have been snapping at each other. I guess that's still pressure from everything. We snap then we kiss and make up.

Nancy, I'm glad Robin's in PT. I'm sure he'll feel better. Curtis used to go to PT and it was amazing how it made him feel. Well, he was sore sometimes, but overall he felt better.

Rose, what a joy it is having you posting here. We need your "blue skies."

sloanie
03-01-2010, 11:17 PM
Just got back from Bible study, and wouldn't you know it, most of the lesson was on forgiveness. I am praying for God to give me forgiveness and peace, so He just gave me a whole lesson. That God, is He awesome or what?

Sandra, I'm glad you are feeling better. I'm also glad that you and Curtis can kiss and make up so easily. DH and I usually end up laughing when we've been snippy. That's definitely better than holding a grudge.

Nancy, congrats on the lost pound. I've been hovering around 137 since Thanksgiving. I was at 130 all summer then let the seven pounds creep on in the fall. I will keep checking my bp and have an appointment to see my internist at the end of the month. Thanks for your concern. :hug:

I want to thank you ALL again for your kind words and prayers. You chicks are the best!!!

Tejas
03-01-2010, 11:23 PM
:hug: to everybody!

Vickie
03-02-2010, 02:18 AM
Ugh...here I am up in the middle of the night again with no one to talk to. I thought about getting on the treadmill but I know it would wake Jim up. I think I'll go try to lay down.

I hope you are all in dreamland.

Vickie
03-02-2010, 02:36 AM
I just played Sudoku for the first time and LOVED it!

Tejas
03-02-2010, 08:37 AM
Vickie, you're a better woman than I am ;) I can't do Sudoku very well, but I do like crossword puzzles. DH is good at Sudoku.

I've decided to try a more concentrated approach to increasing protein. I read that you should chose you goal weight, then eat that many grams of protein. So, if you want to weigh 150, you eat 150 grams of protein a day. Considering that 3.5 ounces of tuna is only 20 grams, that's a lot of protein eating to get to 150. But, I'm going to try it.

I've tried no dairy, no bread, no, no, no...none of that seems to have made much difference. So this week and next, I'll try this approach. A popular Canadian women's magazine just called the low GI diet a "fad" diet. That made me furious for some reason. It's a good approach to changing the way you eat, I've seen people drop lots of pounds on it, and the science behind it is sound. I'm telling you, nutritional science must be a mine field!

I'm off to see Torture Todd, then aquafit, then to vote in the Texas primaries. Not to get political or anything, but Texas needs a different governor, in my ever-so-humble opinion :lol: ;)

Rhonda

blessedwithsarah
03-02-2010, 10:55 AM
Good morning ladies. Back from the Y -- did 50 minutes on the tread mill today. I did run for about 1/2 of it, then the other 1/2 at about 4mph at a good incline. I need a shower ! I was supposed to meet a friend for lunch today, but she cancel. Oh well, I do still need to go out and get dog food at some point. Its a wonderful mid40 degree day here, my bulbs are starting to come up, I think spring may be on its way!!

Sloan, it continues to amaze me how Gods message gets to us when we need it. So many Sunday's the sermon reaches something very personal to me and gives me answers I needed. I hope you continue to find comfort with your situation and that your Dads health is on the mend.

Rhonda, I do think limited carbs, focus on lean protein and veggies is a great plan. I hope it works for you.

Well, got to run. BBL

aghiowa
03-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Good morning ladies! I have recently been doing some research on the Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. According to their little quiz, I am a severe carbohydrate addict. Gee, what a surprise! Their plan is interesting though - you eat breakfast and lunch very low carb, and then for dinner you can have a good ratio of protein, veggies and carbs, provided you eat it within 60 minutes. The idea behind it is to minimize the time your body has to over-produce insulin. Anyway, the science behind insulin-resistance is fascinating, and something I will probably need to address further after baby comes. I think that's why Core worked so well for me - it was naturally low-carb.

It has been nice and warm here in the afternoons (mid-30's :lol:) but I have an ice dam on my kitchen roof that is wreaking havoc with my poor ceiling. Dh went up on a ladder yesterday and tried salting it heavily so hopefully the water will have a chance to run OFF the roof and not through it.

I'm off to the grocery store. Have a great day everyone!

Angela

sloanie
03-02-2010, 11:19 AM
BP report: 110/65; now that's more like it!!! I've got lots to do but no motivation. I think I'm still recovering from this weekend. I need a kick start!

Vickie
03-02-2010, 11:25 AM
I have to go see the Gynie.:o:p:mad:

See you all later after errands.

Tejas
03-02-2010, 12:20 PM
Ice dams! I don't miss those at all!

OK, I'm bragging here:

When I started with Torture Todd, I could leg press 175 pounds once. Today I did 200 pounds for 15 reps!!!

:woohoo: :woohoo:

beach bum
03-02-2010, 01:01 PM
Had to go food shopping this morning than go to the doctors to maneuver my stiff neck.I think that's the reason for all the pain I'm having on the left side.

I was careful and made sure all doors & windows were locked.

VICKIE-sorry about your gain, I used to think that with WW when I went to the meeting every-time I had the receptionist Weigh me in I loss and every time the leader did it I gained. Leo always thought it was a racked. Remember that A weight loss companies are running a business and only wants your money, they really not interested in there customers.

SANDRA-One of friends is thinking and told me, that it might not be the foods or the portions that I'm eating but the exercise instead. Shes a good friend and starting me on a exercising program with her.

SLOAN-I'm going to stay away from all diet programs and eat healthy with portion control,but I must know what calorie range to go on,that the big 64 dollar question.

ROSE-I didn't go out yesterday except for the mail.My neck is bothering me when I turn it so I thought staying in was a good idea.In 45 m I going to my doctor to fix the neck and than asking him what calorie range or is it exercise to get me back on the right track. I can't stand gaining 10 since Leo passed. I'm doing everything right and not results.

NANCYyou and your son are doing great congrats to both of you.

RHONDA-My GD gave me the Sudoku for Christmas and I have no Idea how to do it. Next time she comes up she'll have to show me.

ANGELA- I'm a Carbohydrate Addict also & I used to be on the CAD and its got to much for me to handle after eating the reward meal. I was fine with the first two meals but went ballistic with the 3 meal.

Have to go get ready for the doctors

RoseB
03-02-2010, 03:04 PM
Hi all: I wrote a post but it has gone to cyber land I guess.
Sloanie, our Bible Study was about forgiveness this past week also. I asked the question if we have to forget also. They did not think so, but I had heard that you have to. I guess if you have been hurt, it is hard to forget.
Your b.p. is sure the best, could not be any better.

Mary Ann, hope you neck is better. Sometimes I wonder how much exercise plays into the weight gains or losses. I heard it is really how many calories we eat. Mind you exercise is really good for the heart and health. I find that Dr's really do not know that much about nutrition.

Wow, Rhonda you are doing so well, exercise has certainly helped you on your weight program. Are you doing Core, or counting points also.

Angela, I am a carb eater also. I have to be careful that I eat the proper carbs. My problem is I don't care if I ever have meat, I love vegetables. I have to be careful as I am not to have too much Vit. K and there is lots in green veg. Lots of fun trying to balance everything.

Vicki, I would not worry about that little gain. I used to work where the weight watcher group would meet. I would go in and weigh myself on the scales. Guess what, there would be at least a lb. difference on the different scales.

Paula, wow you are good at the exercise also. So ladies=====I guess it does help to exercise, eh?

Nancy you are doing well also. Gosh, I do not think I belong to this group. I have about 30 lbs. to lose. Oh well, I will keep plugging along. The Dr. said that the bp pills I take make it much harder, but it is doable.

Sandra, I read you were having a few tears, hope today is better and you are back to your own happy self.:)
Blue Skies,
RoseB

nancy237
03-02-2010, 03:13 PM
Maryann...

I am so sorry , I totally missed your post about seeing footprints in the snow near the garage. When you posted about locking everything I reread your older post to see what I had missed.

That is really alarming . I think you should call the police if you haven't
and they can keep watch in that area more. Can you get someone to install
motion lights for that area?? Does anything seem disturbed in the garage??

Do you have a friend with a big dog that could sleep in the garage for a few nights??

Be safe and keep us posted.

I just found out my son will be home for spring break(he usually stays in Boone) next week and will be here
when he turns 20 on the 12th. Yeah!!!

ontarget
03-02-2010, 05:41 PM
Maryann, I just noticed your post about the footprints, too. Nancy has some good advice for you. Be safe, my friend.

Sloan, it is amazing how God sends us messages. And your bp? Wonderful!

Rose, I almost slip and call you something else, but I'm being careful. I'm not quite as tearful as yesterday; plus, today Curtis and I aren't being snippy at all. We're healing.

Rhonda, your plan sounds good. I hope you see quick success. Congrats on your exercise program. You rock!

Angela, I'm a carb addict, too. Those tips sound good.

Nancy, I'm glad your son is coming home for spring break. Life is definitely good.

Vickie, I've been taking Tylenol PM every night since the accident and still haven't been sleeping too well. Maybe I should have gotten up and played Sudoku. I love it! I was playing it online but the site has gone kaput on me. :lol:

sloanie
03-02-2010, 07:21 PM
Hey chicks, I'm sitting in bed and drinking wine with DH while the dry wall guys put the finishing touches on the drywall. I'm so excited!!! I want to post some pics, but I can't remember how. Can someone give me some directions? Thanks

Tejas
03-02-2010, 09:45 PM
Sloan, I think that you just "post reply" and there is a way to add attachments...but you can't use the "quick reply" and do it. I've only done it once I think.

I found a helpful website today. It is myplate.com. I don't think it is competitive. You write in what you eat, how much exercise you get and it gives you a calorie count. I suppose if it is competitive with this site, the administrators will edit or delete my post.

Rhonda

nancy237
03-02-2010, 10:21 PM
SLOAN

TRY THIS

Under the post area click "attachments"

Click "UPLOAD from your computer"
select the picture in your files.
and then select "open"
and then "upload"

The picture thumbnail should appear in your post.

sloanie
03-03-2010, 08:26 AM
The pics are a view from the breakfast room pre and post changes. As you can see, we are still working on drywall. The drywall should be done today then it's on to paint!!!!

Have a great day y'all!

aghiowa
03-03-2010, 10:21 AM
Beautiful! I love the new light fixtures and all. Great job!

Angela

Tejas
03-03-2010, 10:37 AM
Yes, great job. That's just the kind of mess I cannot live with! BUT, soon we're having our kitchen and cabinets painted and the wallpaper removed. The painter says it will take one week. Yes, I could probably do it myself, but not as nicely, and I'm NOT going to :lol:

beach bum
03-03-2010, 12:19 PM
Good Morning Ladies

Went to the doctor yesterday and he unkinked my neck but only to bring the pain down to my shoulder blade area.I have meds to rub on but I can't reach back there.

We're having the white stuff again and will end some time tomorrow evening excepting 2-4 inches or more. I won't be able to shovel so I'm going to call the Head Cashier at Stop & Shop and asked her if her DH can come over and shovel my walk & a path in my patio. I HATE this winter,especially when I'm hurting and no body is around in my building to help.

Not going to call this police this time as the foot prints are gone, Nothing happened last night as I had the out door lights on.But the next time it happens and I have prove of foot prints I will call the police.

Going to start my dinner and lay down for a while,have a great afternoon.

ontarget
03-03-2010, 01:44 PM
I just got home from reflexology. Can't tell you how badly my right big toe hurt. Kathy said that was the link to my hypothalamus. So the pain was "wreck related." Afterwards I stopped at a health/nutrition store and picked up some homeopathic drops that should help me recover from stress issues. To make a long story short--I'm a basketcase. :lol:

Sloan, your remodeling efforts are paying off. I'm happy for you.

Rhonda, when will they begin on your kitchen? I'll bet you're excited.

Maryann, when we lived in Montana, we had motion sensor lights on each side of our home. My mil used to have an outside light that came on each night and lit her yard. Just some ideas.

RoseB
03-03-2010, 01:53 PM
Nice job on your Kitchen Soanie, it looks so bright and fresh.

MaryAnn glad to hear you did not see anymore foot prints.

I just came back from my craft group (I and another gal started it about 24 years ago) when we were young and in our prime. We have lost about 3 gals (passed away) and many of the husbands but we are still together. Did I say we call it a craft group, well, all we do now is talk and then go out for lunch. We meet every other Wed. We have 8 in our group and there is a waiting list of ladies wanting to join. It is good as we come from all walks of life and have become good friends.

I am counting points and figure I Will try for 25 pts. a day. Are you gals mostly on Core?
Must run, on our way out.
blue Skies, (and no snow,)
RoseB. I know what you mean Sandra I have to think who I am. lol

ontarget
03-03-2010, 04:44 PM
Rose, I am trying counting 29 pts per day and eating mostly CORE foods. Twenty-nine points per day adds in my 35 waps distributing them equally throughout the week. What I have done is make a sheet that has 1-29 next to each day. I start at 29 and X them off as I use them. If I have points left at the end of the day--well, that's wonderful. If I don't, that's all right. If I go over, I mark them off another day and deal with fewer points on that day. When I'm focused, this works well.

I understand ya'll wanting to keep your group small. Have those other ladies thought of forming a second group? Just wondering.

ontarget
03-03-2010, 04:50 PM
Vickie, I hope you're having a good day.

Sloan, I went to a food/nutrition store today after reflexology and got some Bach Recovery Drops. They are for stress. (Homeopathic) They are helping me. Have you tried something like that?

sloanie
03-03-2010, 06:40 PM
Sandra, I have never heard of them, but I will see if I can find some. Thanks for the tip!

ontarget
03-03-2010, 08:11 PM
Curtis told me chamomille (sp?) tea would prob be just as good. I don't know. I do know I'm feeling better now.

ontarget
03-03-2010, 10:45 PM
I feel so special. Rhonda called me tonight. Life is good.

sloanie
03-03-2010, 11:03 PM
Sandra, I tried chamomile tea once. I have to say that I eat/drink a wide variety of things, but there is no way that I can stomach chamomile tea; it actually made me gag :barf: I know a lot of people like it, but it is definitely not for me!! I think I'll check out the drops. Can you use them like a sleep aid?

I'm glad you got to talk to Rhonda. That's awesome!

nancy237
03-03-2010, 11:29 PM
I have had one of those days where I cannot get enough to eat.
I have eaten a lot more than normal and I am still starved.

:hungry: :cbg:

I can't up my fiber anymore or I will not be able to keep the covers on at night
:rofl: so I will try to have more protein tomorrow.

I have a new black dwarf bunny that needs a name..Any suggestions.
Dexter is our other rabbit. He is sorta a grey colored dwarf .

Vickie
03-04-2010, 09:02 AM
Hi Chicks! Sorry I've been MIA. We went to the boat yesterday for our annual birthday trip. It's not our birthdays until May but we hope to have a new puppy by the middle of April. That will stop any long days out of the house for a while.

I've been out of the house more than in all week. I'm very, very tired. The cleaning lady is here now. We have to get up at 5:30 to shower and get dressed and get out of her way. Tonight is our normal dinner out. I'll try to be back in full swing tomorrow.

Have a great day, drink your water, and exercise!

beach bum
03-04-2010, 10:04 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Snow stopped and there maybe a dusting out there.That's good for me,just have to clean off the car.No foot prints on my patio either.

My friend come over yesterday and brought me a bunch of daffodils,because I wasn't feeling well. I'm 75% better this morning than I was yesterday,had a good night sleep and I rearing to go.

Another happy thing I got on the scale and for two day going on a 1200c I lost 2-lbs. Don't know if its the calorie reduction or water that built up in my joints.

SANDRA-Living in a townhouse community I don't think I'm allowed to put flood lights on. I have to find out,as no body has them on the grounds.

ROSE-Thanks I think the foot print was a time incident. Yes I must agree with you having a group of woman with the same interest no matter what is a blessing,and there friendship will always be precious to me.

NANCY-Sorry about you binging,it happens to the most of us. Along with high fiber food I also take Metamucil 2x's a day. If its not the fiber PROTEIN even a tbs of PB might stop the cravings.

VICKIE-I sure you had a good time on the boat. I love going the water,even if I don't swim,but I always ready for a boat or cruise ship ride.

ontarget
03-04-2010, 07:38 PM
Maryann, I didn't know you live in a townhouse. You're prob right about not putting up any lights outside.

Vickie, going to the boat sounds like fun. You and Jim needed a day out after all the stress you've been under lately.

I subbed today. The kids were good, but I'm tired. I'll be back tomorrow. Ya'll have a good evening.

ontarget
03-04-2010, 07:40 PM
Sloan, I didn't realize it before but the drops have alcohol in them. Needless to say, I did not take them to school today. :lol:

Nancy, how about Hershel?

Tejas
03-04-2010, 10:34 PM
:wave:...long day here. DH's cousin died on Tuesday and we spent today at a service and family event. I've eaten everything in sight!!! Including fried chicken and buttermilk pie. Oh my! Thank goodness tomorrow is another day. No one, no one does wakes like Southerners. Where does all the food come from??

sloanie
03-05-2010, 08:50 AM
Rhonda, I'm sorry about Doyle's cousin, but I do know what you mean about the food after a funeral. Sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, and fried chicken and buttermilk pie is never to be passed up! I'm like you, though; I'm always glad for a new day.

Sandra, how many drops do you use at a time? Surely the alcohol content is low, but drinking a whole bottle could come in handy at times !:rofl:

Nancy, how about Draco? It's a villain's name in the Harry Potter series.

Have a great day, y'all.

ontarget
03-05-2010, 05:15 PM
Rhonda, you're right. There's always a lot of really really good comfort food around. I would have eaten, also. You'll exercise any extra calories off in no time. Just think of this as "Wendie Plan."

Sloan, four drops is what you use, but you can use them as many times as needed. :lol: Of course I didn't take my little bottle/dropper to school. Thought that might not be appreciated if someone got a sniff. :lol:

ontarget
03-05-2010, 05:18 PM
Was it here that I read this? Something about setting tiny goals like "I need to lose 2 pounds this week." It reminds me of Vickie's ticker. I will come up with something by Monday.

beach bum
03-05-2010, 06:00 PM
:luck2you::luck2you:Hi Ladies :)

Had a very busy morning and than early afternoon.So finally I took a break from all,and posted.

Last night the girls decided to go out for pizza and I then ordered grinder instead. I had a veal cutlet and the others had meatballs. I can imagine that my calorie count went wild and now with all that bread,I hope that my weight stays down.:luck2you::luck2you:

SANDRANo Yes we lived in the same townhouse for 12 years.Put a new light bulb on the patio wall so the side of the house wouldn't be so dark.

RHONDA-So sorry to hear about your DH's cousin,sending you & your family some prayers,and good thoughts for healing.

Have a great weekend

ontarget
03-05-2010, 06:43 PM
Yuck!!!!!!!!!!!! This is what I get for not being op. Curtis went to the local hamburger place and ordered 2 LOADED cheeseburgers. He brought them home. We opened them. Wondered why are these ham? Thought they had misunderstood and thought he'd said ham and cheese. We began eating. I couldn't finish mine it tasted so weird. Now, this is a place we love to buy burgers. They are normally like old-fashioned burgers with toasty bun and everything.

We decided to tactfully tell them we had the wrong sandwiches, so I called and told the owner we thought we might have gotten somebody else's sandwiches. She said, "No, those were the BOLOGNA sandwiches Curtis ordered." She said she was surprised when the waiter handed her the order that said, "Bologna" but thought maybe we were wanting something "different." She offered to give us free burgers next time but I told her not to worry about it.

I told Curtis not to say "Loaded burgers" again. The young man taking our order just heard the "O".

Yuck! Life goes on. On the positive side--I didn't eat a whole sandwich. I cut down in spite of myself.

Maryann, your outing with friends sounds like fun. You probably made a good choice. And at least you didn't get BOLOGNA. :lol:

I feel sick......:faint:

RoseB
03-05-2010, 07:49 PM
Sandra, Bologna Sandwich, ugh. I have never heard of anyone selling Bologna sandwiches in a fast food store. I had to smile at the mix up though. They were certainly nice offering to give you free burgers next time. :)
Sandra always check with the DR. before taking any herbal meds. I was told that if you are taking any other meds you have to be careful.

Rhonda sorry to hear about the death in your hubby's family.
I also wonder what is a Buttermilk pie? I have been trying to figure that one out. Did you ever have it in Canada?
As Sandra says just consider it a Wendy day;) You should be very proud of yourself how well you have done.

Mary Ann what is Grinder?

Nancy, sorry I can not come up with a name maybe some of the other gals will think of one.
I know what you mean when there are days you can not seem to fill up. It is crazy isn't it. I get so mad at myself.

Vicki, hope you had a relaxing time on the boat.

We have been invited out for dinner Mon. eve. and you know I almost do not want to go as it is hard to turn down any goodies.

Today we went to our granddaughters hockey tournament. It was fun watching them.
Well take care all,
Blue skies,
RoseB

sloanie
03-05-2010, 09:12 PM
Rose, in my experience the buttermilk pie is like chess pie. It is yummy! BTW, how old are your grand daughters?

Maryann, I'm glad you got to be with your friends. The calorie counting can start over tomorrow.

Sandra, it is weird having a bologna sandwich when your mouth is expecting a burger.

I just got home from "choir practice". We sang "Irish" music this time, and we had a good time. There was corned beef and cabbage, too. I'm going to veg on the couch with DD. TTFN

nancy237
03-05-2010, 10:00 PM
I may name our bunny Toyota because he runs away and we can't stop him ;)

My grandson took a shark's tooth to show and tell today that my brother gave him.
When the class did prayer request he said he was thankful that his Uncle was not hurt when he got the tooth from the shark's mouth. We were going to explain but we decided his idea that his Uncle is a shark wrangler is better!!

sloanie
03-05-2010, 11:13 PM
Hey Nancy, I love the story! Maybe your brother will be the next "crocadile hunter"

Tejas
03-05-2010, 11:49 PM
Hi All:

Thanks for the kind comments about DH's family's loss.

We are tired, but fine. I even had an extra session with Todd today, as well as aquafit. I've officially started 3X a week with Todd. I am SERIOUS.

DH is officially sick too. He was given antibiotics and an inhaler. I hope it all helps him because something needs to.

I bought a bird house for bluebirds (hopefully) to use and realize I need to buy another one in case the swallows swoop in...or so says the literature that came with the house.

My eating was a little off today, but not too bad. Buttermilk pie is like chess pie, but must be made with buttermilk. I had it in Canada..when I made it! Bologna sandwiches? Now THAT is real down home.

Toyota sounds like a great name!

Headed to bed...:yawn:

Rhonda

sloanie
03-06-2010, 08:22 AM
Mornin' chicks! I'm buying paint today so DS can start painting in a couple of days!!!! I'm so excited, and I can't believe we really are on the home stretch. The flooring is already purchased, so all we have to do is paint and call the flooring co to come lay it.

I also need to go see my dad today, but DD is sick and the literature says to stay away if you've been exposed to someone sick. Not sure what I will do about that.

I'm thinking about all of you and hoping you all have an awesome weekend!!

BBL

Vickie
03-06-2010, 11:45 AM
Good Morning Chicks! It's bright and sunny here today and will be a high of 47. I had a nice restful day yesterday with lots of things I needed to do at home. I'm not sure what today will bring but at least it's sunny and warm.

Sloan, WOW your kitchen is coming right along! We didn't gut ours, we just did a major spiffing and that was hard. Are you doing it all yourselves? It's going to be gorgeous. Jim and I are not handy at all. I admire those who are. Tylenol PM will work for me to help me sleep. I try not to take any stronger sleep stuff than that. I hope your DD feels better soon.

Mary Ann, I hope your neck is feeling better. When I eat out at restaurants, I get more worried that there is hidden fat in things.

Sandra, I never heard that there were professionals that do reflexology! Now that is something I would like but Jim would NEVER do. He did try acupuncture though. Did it work for you? I'm so dumb. I have to go look up hypothalamus since I have NO idea what that is. I just read that chamomile tea is not good for someone with weed allergies like me. I love how it tastes and I do think it works for calming. I also know some people who use valerian and rescue remedy drops. You have to be careful about those and interaction with prescription drugs. I take a wee bit of xanax when things get really REALLY bad and I can't relax myself. Only .25 mg will work for me.

Oh Rose, your group sounds fun! I had one of those groups in my early working years. We called it a card party and we all worked together. We'd rotate houses and we'd all bring our own drinks but the hostess would supply the snacks. We'd talk and laugh for hours and then eventually play cards. Then we'd go out for breakfast. We've all gone our separate ways now. I miss that sometimes. Wouldn't our 3FC group be a hoot?!

Nancy, I've been starving this past week too. I'm blaming it on perimenopausal phantom TOM symptoms.

Rhonda, I'm so sorry about Doyle's loss. No one is good at dealing with stress but it is the one situation where I allow myself to comfort food eat. It's my last bad habit to break, but one I'm not working very hard at. I hope Doyle feels better soon and that you don't catch whatever it is.

Well Chicks, it's time for me to hit the treadmill. I'll be back later.

RoseB
03-06-2010, 02:40 PM
Sloanie, you are right about staying away when you might carry germs in to a person in the hospital. They will give you a mask though. You could also send a card or note in with someone else going in. Bet he would like that.

Our granddaughters are, 18, 14, 10, 3. The boys are 18 and 21 this year.
It is the 14 year old that plays hockey.

MaryAnn our group is fun, the wonderful thing we all come from all walks of wife. We have had Dentist wife, Dr's. wife, factory worker's wife, Salesman's wife, Clerk's wife, hydro worker's wife. teacher's wife, Air Canada's wife=====what I am trying to say is, ordinarily we would probably not know each other, this has been a down to earth group of ladies. We have all got along very well. I guess you notice that these ladies did not work outside of the home, or maybe just a few hours. We were able to meet often.
We had to tell one lady that she could not come any more as she went out of the group and told information that should not have left the room. We find that people open up in a group like this, and it should be private.
Yes, I often think that if we all met the ladies that are on the net what would be the reaction. Do we have different ideas as to what everyone is like. :) Can you really tell by internet????

Rhonda I am going to have to look up Buttermilk pie, never heard of it and I have made a lot of pies in my time.:) I am beginning to wonder if it is something like Quebec Sugar Pie. I will have to google it.
I remember when I went to school in Tucson I loved to take Bologna and peanut butter sandwich.

Sandra are you back to your happy self yet? You are always so up at least that is the way I have found you. Are you enjoying working the odd day? I often wonder if you miss your beautiful home in the North? It will not be long before you will be out in your garden tending the Roses. I remember how beautiful they were.

Nancy, shark tooth story, loved it. Don't you just love kids? My nephew had to give a speech on Ancestors at school. I sent him information back to the 1700's. Of course the teacher said," Ben, that was wonderful " and made a fuss over him. Ben went back to his seat and a little boy sitting behind Ben slapped his leg and said, "Wish I had of had Ancestors" :?: The poor little guy just did not understand what Ancestors meant. The teacher then had to explain again. :D

Well sorry I do not know when to stop. I talk this way also. :)

Love the name of your Bunny, Toyota.

Blue skies, (and they are)
RoseB

Vickie
03-06-2010, 03:07 PM
Hey Angela, how is the sugar detox going?

Rose, I love how you talk! I'm a rambler myself.

I did my exercise now I'm going for a bubble bath with a good romance novel. My tummy is growling so perhaps I'll have my orange and string cheese before I go upstairs.

Are you all drinking your water? I'm just having glasses 5 and 6 now. I'm a little slow today.

Tejas
03-06-2010, 03:37 PM
All right, here you are:

Cowboy pie crust and Mary Lou's Buttermilk Pie, from The Texas Cowboy Kitchen by Grady Spears.

Pie Crust:

1 1/3 Cups Plus 1 to 2 T all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 cup vegetable shortening, chilled
3 Tablespoons cold water

Mix flour, salt, cinnamon, and sugar into medium bowl. Cut in shortening. Sprinkle with water, 1 T at a time. Make a ball, work the dough and form a pancake about 5-6 inches in diameter.

Dust the ball with flour, roll it out between wax paper sheets and put in pie pan. Flute edges, fill with filling and bake.

Buttermilk pie:

2 cups of sugar
2 T cornmeal
5 eggs, beaten
2/3 cups of buttermilk
1/2 cup of butter, melted, at room temperature
1 teaspoon of vanilla
2 teaspoons minced lemon rind
3 teaspoons lemon juice

Preheat the oven to 350F. In a bowl, combine the sugar and cornmeal. Add the eggs and buttermilk, mixing well. Add the butter, vanilla, lemon rind and lemon juice. Mix until blended. Pour into the pie shell and bake for 45 minutes, or until just beginning to brown on top.

This is THE BEST ever. I am absolutely not responsible for you eating it :rofl:

beach bum
03-06-2010, 05:23 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Have a few min to post as my friends are coming over to this afternoon.

ROSE A grinder is like a sub or a hoakie.Boy it was delish but counting carbs I went way over my carb count and the scale showed it.

SANDRA I do agree,Ugh to bologna, I never had veal cutlet parm at home because its to expensive but in a pizza shop I find it taster than the old stand by meatball parm.

SLOAN One pound of the weight came off from the hoagie as it was a small roll. Hopefully the rest will be off by Mon W=I.

VICKIE-My neck is fine it now has traveled to my shoulder blade I going to the orthopedic doctor next week. I might need a cortisone shot like I had before. but now its on the left side. I know I should be worried about the hidden fat but that's the reason I choose veal cutlet other than peppers & sausage.

Have to get will,have a nice weekend

aghiowa
03-06-2010, 05:40 PM
Hi everyone! I'm doing OK with eating, although it sure is hard to stay away from sugar & carbs.

I actually saw some grass in my front yard today!! I am so thrilled that spring looks like it may be coming.

Tonight I'm going to a friend's birthday party. I know she's getting it catered, and I imagine nothing there will be good for me. I will try to eat a good dinner before I go and minimize the damage.

I just realized the other day that I only have about 6 weeks before this little guy makes his appearance. That's not very long! I struggled with post-partum depression with my girls, so this time around my dr is giving me Zoloft. I'm a little nervous about taking medication, but I am willing to try it if it helps me.

Time to make supper!
Angela

Vickie
03-06-2010, 06:02 PM
Ohhhh Rhonda, I'm sure I'd LOVE that pie! I haven't seen shortening in a recipe in a MILLION years. My Mom made the best pork chops ever, breaded and fried in pan of melted Crisco. Yum.

Mary Ann, have fun! As far as the food goes, what's done is done.

You have fun, too, Angela. Eating ahead of time is a great plan. Then you'll be full enough to be selective on what you splurge on. You are very wise to plan for post partum. Trust your Doctor. Only 6 weeks. How exciting!

I'm supposed to be watching TV with Honey Lamb. I'll be back tomorrow.

RoseB
03-06-2010, 06:29 PM
Rhonda, wow it does sound good. Too good. I will have to try it when I have my kids over so it can be eaten up right away. It is different then I thought it would be.
Thanks,
RoseB

Tejas
03-06-2010, 08:23 PM
Yep, believe me, that pie is just amazing. And, I could eat the entire thing!

I'm getting ready to eat salad and chicken breast to get some greens eaten today. I've been to aquafit and have walked 2 miles today.

DH and I are watching A Streetcar Named Desire, which I have never seen!

Have a great night...

Rhonda

sloanie
03-06-2010, 08:49 PM
Hey chickies! DH and I bought our paint today then I tackled all of the drywall dust! I worked on it for a long time. We will start painting tomorrow!!!

Vickie, we are doing most of the work ourselves. The only thing that we have paid to have done is finishing the drywall. DH did all of the remodeling work and hung the drywall. We will paint then have the floors put down. After that, I'll get busy sewing window treatments. I have already purchased some fabric, but I don't want to make the treatments until I can hang them.

Rose, I think it would be awesome to meet all of the chickies who post here. After talking to them for almost two years, I feel like I know them. I'm sure chatting on the net and meeting in person are not nearly the same, but I think meeting would be fun :) Wow, you have got a bunch of grand children! My parents have ten grandchildren and love every minute they get to spend with them.

Rhonda, I have not seen A Streetcar named Desire, either. How's Doyle feeling?

Sandra, I hope you are off flinging arrows and having fun! Are you okay?

Maryann, I hope you had a good time with your friends!! It's always fun to get together with girlfriends :cofdate:

Angela, post partum depression can't be any fun! Your doc is smart to get you started on medication so you can enjoy your little guy!!

Nancy, what's the final verdict on the bunny's name?

Paula, how's your weekend going?

DH and DD are watching a guy movie, and DD and I are laying in the bed playing with our computers. You guys have a lovely evening and a great day tomorrow!

ontarget
03-06-2010, 09:28 PM
Hi there, Chickies. I'm back to my old sassy self. I think daffodils blooming helped. :lol: It's looking like spring is here in North Central Texas. Rhonda and I are enjoying our feathered friends. Life is good.

We spent most of the day in a defensive driving class. It was held at a Chinese buffet so you can guess how that went. My plan is to weigh Monday AM and get started. My clothes are tight. I know I've gained some pounds since our wreck. Oh, well, I know what to do about that.

Sloan, I hear your pride and feel your smile. You have to be proud of your work--and it's paying off! You're wise not to take a chance on your dad's catching anything. I like what Rose said about sending him a note. He'd probably like that.

Rhonda, the recipe looks awesome. I need to stay away from it for sure. I've been indulging wayyyyyyy too much lately.

Rose, did you know we have a great grandson now? Curtis' grandson and his wife made us gg's August 08. Two girlfriends and I get together (but not enough) and go out to eat and shop. Last time we went to the movies instead of shopping and had a great time.

Vickie, I'm not using the drops any more. I am taking some meds I have for anxiety. I had forgotten I had them as I normally don't take them. They are helping. Last night I slept like a rock. Best sleep I've had since the wreck. The reflexology is helping. Kathy said I have tons of crystals in my feet that are breaking up and dissolving. My feet don't feel nearly as stiff as they normally feel.

Angela, I'm going to desugar myself beginning Monday. Six weeks? That's not long. I'll bet you're ready. I just reread your post and see you're decarbing, too. I don't think I'll do that. I'll mainly count points, eat mostly CORE foods, and get back to exercising.

We're watching Mythbusters. Kewl show.

Vickie
03-07-2010, 11:40 AM
Good Morning Chicks! NO sun here today but I'm happy anyway. I'm eating my delicious old fashioned oats with fresh blueberries and made with skim milk. It's nice and creamy and hot. When I'm done eating it and catching up with all of you, I'll be on the treadmill. I'm at 35 minutes this week and moving to 40 minutes next week.

Sandra, I'm glad to hear you are back to your old sassy self! What is a defensive driving class? I worry about all the people on phones and texting. I watch out for them when I'm driving and try to make allowances if I know they are distracted. Are you doing this because of your accident? So you didn't say; is Kathy a professional? I don't know who I would go to if I wanted reflexology. I'm glad you're sleeping. Sometimes prescriptions are helpful. Good luck on your detox.

Sloan, you guys should be very proud of yourselves. Jim and I have to pay to have everything done. It limits what we can have done. I can't wait to see the final photos. How's your Dad doing? I've been praying for his kidneys.

Rhonda, you are for sure my exercise hero. I wish I could break through my plateau. I'm trying to put my money where my mouth is since I know exercise will be the key since I do NOT want to go under 1500 calories. Actually, most weeks, my average is between 1500 and 1650. So if I want to continue to eat that much then I need to exercise more. What a drag. Still no endorphins for me yet!

I'll check in on all of you later. I must walk the treadmill now.

ontarget
03-07-2010, 12:00 PM
Vickie, Curtis got a ticket for the crash. He took defensive driving to erase the ticket from his driving records. I took it to help keep our insurance from going up much. The class lasts 6 hours and includes lunch. Kathy is a massage therapist. You might ask around to see if any near you do reflexology. I don't think all massage therapists do. I'm lucky that Kathy does, though.

Just heard from my dear friend in New Mexico. She and I are usually the main competition for Modern Longbow. She said I outscored her. If my scores hold up, I'll get the title. This news kind of gives me a muchneeded boost. I'm ready to get back "on target." She's shooting Traditional Longbow today and will most likely get the national title for that. That will give her a boost, too. Life is good.

I'm op today. I decided not to wait till Monday. Now isn't that something?

Vickie
03-07-2010, 12:29 PM
Sandra, that makes sense. I'd have taken the course too. I will check out the massage therapists in town. I've still yet to have a massage of any kind. I've always been too ashamed of my body to have one.

Fingers crossed that your score holds up and HUGE congratulations for getting back on program.

Now....I really must get on that treadmill. I've been procrastinating today.

beach bum
03-07-2010, 02:39 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Had a great afternoon with my friends and tonight I'm meeting them for another game of bingo. Went to brunch and right after I post I going for a walk. Its beautiful out doors. The temps are in the low 50's, Spring is here or is it here or just a little while but I'll take it.

Hopefully now that the weather is turning nicer I can take more and longer walks. to burn excess calories. MY friends are telling me I trying to had to get the old scale moving downward. They all suggest,is to eat small amounts & not snacking in between meals. Going to give that a try,and see what happens.

Have a great afternoon see you in the morning.

ontarget
03-07-2010, 03:48 PM
Thank you, Vickie. I hear ya on being hesitant for massages. I used to be and don't really know why it doesn't bother me now. I've had 3 reflexology treatments lately. The 3rd one was right after the accident and was by far the most painful due to stress on my nerves. I'm guessing the treatment did me a lot of good. I'm going to have to google hypothalamus, too. :lol:

Maryann, it makes me smile thinking of you having such a wonderful, sunshiney day. Enjoy every minute.

It's raining here and we're having another "recovery day." I'm just sitting here chatting with you all while I watch our feathered friends out back. Life is good.

ontarget
03-07-2010, 04:04 PM
Got this online:

"The hypothalamus is a region of the brain that regulates sleep cycles, body temperature, pituitary gland activity, and other autonomic nervous system functions.

When the hypothalamus malfunctions, thyroid problems, cluster headaches, and sleeping, eating, or reproductive problems may result."

Tejas
03-07-2010, 07:00 PM
If you have never had a good massage, go get one. NOW.

:wave:

Vickie
03-07-2010, 07:11 PM
Never had one, good, bad or indifferent. I know where a great one is and she does all kinds. She has a neck and shoulder one. I thought I might start with that.

I got on the treadmill. I feel like I have a bit of a bug. Too bad though, because I have a busy week coming up.

ontarget
03-07-2010, 07:16 PM
Vickie, all you take off for the reflexology is shoes and socks. Reflexology might help you with sleeping.

sloanie
03-07-2010, 09:00 PM
Hey chickies! I'm bushed!! I've spent most of the day stripping wallpaper off of the walls in my soon to be breakfast room then this evening, I helped DS cut in the primer in my new dining room. While I was doing that, DH tiled around the tub/shower in the upstairs bathroom and started the tile backsplash in the kitchen. I've taken Ibuprofen twice, and DH has just taken a muscle relaxer and has ice on his back!!! Getting old should be against the law :lol:

Vickie, DH and I have done most of the work because we, too, have limited funds. The changes we have made would have been out of the question if we had hired a contractor. It has been almost one year since we started, but it is very gratifying to see everything finally coming together. Thanks for praying for my dad. I don't know if I posted, but the night of chemo his creatinine was 4.9 (normal is 1.5). We were all a little nervous about that, but now his creatinine is around 2.5 (that's what it was before chemo). I think the fact that his kidneys were able to recover is encouraging; I just hope the rest of the chemo does not cause damage. Keep those prayers comin' :angel:

Maryann, reading your posts about your friends is making me smile. I'm so glad you have them!! I know you are enjoying the nice weather. We have had some nice days, too. Getting out in the sunlight is good for lifting the mood and making vitamin D.

Rhonda, I've never had a massage :( I'm like Vickie, I'm a little shy about my body. Maybe one day I'll get over that. Are massages included with your membership at the gym?

Sandra, as usual, I am so impressed! Take a minute to brag on yourself and tell us about ALL of the awards/titles that you have gotten. I would love to see your list!! Oh, and I love the image of a defensive driving class at a Chinese buffet. It sounds like something from a funny movie!!

I have not gained any weight since before Christmas, but I still have not lost any of that hateful seven pounds :( I really should not use the sad face, because I am the only one to blame. I have not been consistent with my eating at all. I know that with the remodeling and my dad's illness, I would usually be eating like crazy, so I'm happy that I have not gained. It's just that I, on some level, would like to get rid of the extra pounds and weigh what I weighed last summer. Oh well, I will try to focus more on my needs, and work harder toward my goal. Thanks for letting me whine :bb:

Hey to the rest of you chickies! Have a great night.

nancy237
03-08-2010, 12:50 AM
Just a few notes because I am about to fall asleep.

We celebrated my oldest son's 20th birthday today. We fixed Fajitas and
I finally learned to get everyone to pitch in and we ate when it was done instead of me stressing about a set time and doing it all myself. After church we all cooked and ate about 2:30. oh the stress I could have saved myself if I had learned that 20 years ago. I usually cook late Sat pm to have it ready when we get home from church.

This afternoon my son and I went kayaking at a lake nearby. When we were done he was trying to pull it on the shore to make it easy for me to get out and dumped me right out in the water. :swim: It was funny because I was soaked.
I came home and jumped in the hot tub so it was all good:^:

On the subject of massages...I must have some serious hangups...
I would not want a male masseuse because there is just one man I want
to have his hands on me :o
and I wouldn't want a womans hands on me because ..well yuck....

Sloan..I am glad to hear about your dad's good numbers..Will keep praying..
We have things we need to do to our house before we sell it and the bathroom
retiling would really help it sell I think . I am taking a Home Depot free class
to learn more about it in a few weeks. Then I want to try our laundry room .
If that turns out good I may attempt a bathroom.