100 lb. Club - MARCH NSV's

View Full Version : MARCH NSV's

Sandi
03-01-2010, 10:16 AM
For those of you unfamiliar with the term, NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. This is where we share our progress on matters that don't necessarily relate to the actual number on the scale. Such as making a healthier choice, resisting temptation, receiving a compliment (we're big on those), fitting into clothing better, something in the fitness area and so on and so on. So let's start filling it up!

ubergirl
03-01-2010, 10:52 AM
Finally dropped another inch from my waist. 37". Woot.

jigglefree
03-01-2010, 11:07 AM
:cloud9: I received several compliments today. My director at work told me she can see I'm really coming down. Two other co workers said my face is really slimming down. That made me feel really good.

calluna
03-01-2010, 11:25 AM
BMI<35!! Hurrah, hurrah!

WildThings
03-01-2010, 12:43 PM
When I was out over the weekend, there was girl scouts out everywhere torturing me with cookies. I had to stop at Walgreens then Target. Girl Scouts were at Walgreens. There was a soap dispenser that I really wanted at Target for my bathroom and kitchen, more than I wanted to spend on soap dispensers though. I promised myself if I didn't buy any cookies, I could get the soap dispensers. I know have two really pretty green, glass soap dispensers, no cookies, and a clear conscience!

LesliesMom
03-01-2010, 03:12 PM
I finally can wear the next size down, which I already had in my closet. Hoping to fly thru this size and be on to the shopping!

Angie

Lifeguard
03-01-2010, 05:12 PM
I haven't been posting in ages - just lurking. So that is part of my nsv - putting myself out there for more accountability.

I also have gotten myself reorganized with a food/workout journal & have started a one week commitment to do awesome with it. I'll recommit next week.

chicpanda
03-01-2010, 05:22 PM
My buddy took me to Kissimee for my birthday and I was able to buy a Disney T shirt (size L) and it fits! First time I can wear a Size large in 20 years!!!

annade
03-01-2010, 06:18 PM
I bought 2 new pairs of jeans today, 16W's (from a high of 20W) and I'm also fitting into many of the regular size 18's that I'm trying on!

Sandi
03-02-2010, 05:26 PM
*bump*

toobig
03-02-2010, 07:14 PM
I tried on my OLD size 20 jeans ths morning and they fit great!

JustSharing83
03-02-2010, 07:58 PM
I did my first ever 30 minute jog. The most I had done in the past is 20 minutes and I spent the first 5 minutes thinking I wouldn't be able to do it, but once I hit the 20 minute mark, it started to feel really good and I actually enjoyed the last 10 minutes and picked up the pace quite a bit. :)

Bombe
03-02-2010, 09:05 PM
I made it to the gym today! It's the first time in over a month so I'm very proud :) Unfortunately because of my schedule I won't be able to get back there until saturday :mad:

eratosthanes
03-02-2010, 10:32 PM
I walked 6.9 miles yesterday, and 6.0 miles today. Just last month 3 was my limit, with the same amount of pain medication, and then I slept for two days after. Also, the same walk that took me 30 min. to do last month only took 25 today, and that was AFTER I had already gone 5 mi earlier, not to mention the 6.9 yesterday. Tomorrow I am taking a well-deserved break, lol. :D

lovemyboy
03-03-2010, 01:48 PM
I had lab results today that showed good cholesterol levels, good blood sugar levels, and my blood pressure was normal.

Lifeguard
03-03-2010, 07:51 PM
I had a planned cheat today & didn't have it 'cause I didn't want it!

LitChick
03-03-2010, 11:18 PM
I was in the mood for a shopping treat, so I went to Ross and got two cute shirts and a pair of cute panties and bra for $29. Take that, Lane Bryant! :p

cfmama
03-04-2010, 12:01 AM
I was able to wear a woman's size large (but it's FREAKING TINY) rollerderby tee shirt that I bought like 6 months ago ... yesterday for the first time! It was tight... but it fit!

JustSharing83
03-04-2010, 06:33 AM
It's been 2 months since I had a fast food burger! I have been a fast food addict my entire life! Even when I was dieting a few years ago, I would crave them constantly and give in at least once a week. Yet, now, I'm really into home cooking and whenever fast food crosses my mind, I just shoot it down and go on. Pretty incredible for me. My favorite fast food burger is Sonic and I haven't had one of those since last fall!

LisaF
03-04-2010, 10:09 AM
Size 10 jeans.:D

Krysi
03-04-2010, 02:23 PM
This seems like such a silly thing to say, but this week I've actually been HUNGRY before my meals. I used to snack so often that I think my body temporarily forgot how to feel hungry because I was always full - feeling my stomach growl before supper is a strangely wonderful feeling for me. ;)

ubergirl
03-04-2010, 02:44 PM
Had to get my picture taken today, and it was a snap to get dressed. In the past, photo shoot spelled humiliating disaster.

Enduring Infinity
03-05-2010, 01:07 AM
I was able to get into and zip up a pair of jeans that I bought two years ago, but have never worn since they were too small! I am officially back to a size 24 in pants! Bonus NSV: Even though I still have a ways to go before goal, I am quite happy with the way I look in my "new" jeans! 8D

BeachBreeze2010
03-06-2010, 09:41 PM
I had a very nice experience today!!

First, I went to a normal department store and was back and forth between the misses and plus sizes frustrated and confused as to what freaking size I need! (Ugh!) I was wearing a pair of jeans in a 16W and the store didn't have 14W, so I didn't know what size to get. The different brands were confusing, too. Some brands the 16W was tight?? I went down to the misses and tried on a 16 thinking that was the next step. Nope, those were WAY to small. I gave up and left. (Double ugh!)

Then, I went to a store that sells clothes in misses and plus sizes. I was on the plus side looking for a 14W when the clerk approached me and asked if she could help. Usually I am too embarrased to say anything and just say that I'm okay. I said that and she pushed a bit. Are you sure? Have you been here before. "Yes", I said. She smiled a bit and said, "I don't think you'll find your size on this side. You might have more luck on the other side." I replied, "You're sweet, but no, this is my side." I finally broke down and just explained that I had lost 25lbs (close enough!) and was really not sure what my size was since my snug 20W's last summer. We chatted and she was really sweet and helped me find clothes to fit me. She seemed really excited to "get" to share in this part of my journey. (Sometimes I really do think that there are angels out there in hiding!) I tried on the misses 16 and again, it was WAY to small. Then we tried the misses 18 and it was perfect! (I am still surprised that there was such a difference in the sizes?) I was so excited to have a pair of jeans that fit me and to have someone in a store treat me with such kindness. I know this is thier job, but I have never let anyone help me before.

s rosa
03-06-2010, 10:27 PM
I haven't had fast food (don't count Subway), cheddar and sour cream chips, or cookies in a month! Those were my worst vices. I still struggle with myself over the fast food and the chips some days, but the cookies (particularly the subway cookies) I have pretty much learned to bypass without a second thought! Yay!

PeanutsMom704
03-06-2010, 11:12 PM
went to a kids birthday party and politely passed on pizza and cake and came home and had my big, healthy, yummy salad instead!!

astrophe
03-06-2010, 11:13 PM
Didn't want to workout but did it anyway. Go me!

A.

jewelrymaker81
03-06-2010, 11:27 PM
My clothes are fitting so much better already! Got into a khaki skirt this week that I haven't worn in months! Yea!

ubergirl
03-07-2010, 08:44 AM
I had a very nice experience today!!

First, I went to a normal department store and was back and forth between the misses and plus sizes frustrated and confused as to what freaking size I need! (Ugh!) I was wearing a pair of jeans in a 16W and the store didn't have 14W, so I didn't know what size to get. The different brands were confusing, too. Some brands the 16W was tight?? I went down to the misses and tried on a 16 thinking that was the next step. Nope, those were WAY to small. I gave up and left. (Double ugh!)

Then, I went to a store that sells clothes in misses and plus sizes. I was on the plus side looking for a 14W when the clerk approached me and asked if she could help. Usually I am too embarrased to say anything and just say that I'm okay. I said that and she pushed a bit. Are you sure? Have you been here before. "Yes", I said. She smiled a bit and said, "I don't think you'll find your size on this side. You might have more luck on the other side." I replied, "You're sweet, but no, this is my side." I finally broke down and just explained that I had lost 25lbs (close enough!) and was really not sure what my size was since my snug 20W's last summer. We chatted and she was really sweet and helped me find clothes to fit me. She seemed really excited to "get" to share in this part of my journey. (Sometimes I really do think that there are angels out there in hiding!) I tried on the misses 16 and again, it was WAY to small. Then we tried the misses 18 and it was perfect! (I am still surprised that there was such a difference in the sizes?) I was so excited to have a pair of jeans that fit me and to have someone in a store treat me with such kindness. I know this is thier job, but I have never let anyone help me before.

This is SO AWESOME beach breeze!

I know what you mean, as I've been hanging around that spot that is just between 14W, 16, and regular 18 for several months now and it is SO HARD to figure out exactly where to shop!

After shopping exclusively in plus departments for almost 20 years, I also get paralyzed with embarassment when I have to talk to shop people.

When I come out of the dressing room and say, "did you have any luck with anything?" I've always taken that as a comment on my weight... that it would take a stroke of luck to find anything that fit.

Now, I realize they say that to everyone...

Just think-- pretty soon, you won't be wearing a Misses 18-- it will be somewhere in the middle of the size range, and won't that be great!

BeachBreeze2010
03-07-2010, 09:46 AM
Thanks uber! :hug:

It did make me feel like I was on my way. I have a pair of 18s from New York and Co that are about as small on me as the 16s were yesterday. I think thier sizes run small? Anyway, the idea that I can go to a store that has sizes 0-18 and fit in one of them is pretty amazing. I want to go to another store today just to try on clothes! That is a sign that something's changed!! I have always HATED that! LOL! Definitely a new beginning!

catowned
03-07-2010, 11:22 AM
This was my first week working out and I stuck with it all week! Tues- Sat! :carrot: Usually I stop after 2 days from being sore and tired. I was sore and tired but I still went and did it!:carrot:

Shmead
03-07-2010, 01:10 PM
I hoisted myself up onto the kitchen counter last night.

Lifeguard
03-07-2010, 07:35 PM
I have had SO much energy the past couple days & have been super productive.

Angihas2
03-07-2010, 07:41 PM
Breeze, I had this same issue, finally this uber thin never so much as an ounce overweight girl came to help me, she suggested the jr dept. (i have no butt, no thighs and really, no hips, mine is ALL belly), at first suggestion I literally, laughed in her face. Turns out theres a huge difference between a 18 & 16 plus, misses and jr's, me, having been overweight for so long, whodathunkit? I wear a 17 jrs of ALL things.

My nsv? I wear jr sized pants. to me, thats FABULOUS

5factorgirl
03-07-2010, 07:44 PM
I read through the 5 factor books, got a journal organized and joined all of you! Tomorrow the real work begins and I start my journey into my lifestyle change!

Gracie789
03-07-2010, 07:51 PM
I'm squeeeeeing in delight because for the first time in 10 years I'm wearing...size 10 pants! I went to the goodwill today to buy some new pants and size 10 actually fit (they're still tighter than I'd like, but wearable in public). Woo hoo! :)

weebleswobble
03-07-2010, 07:54 PM
LoL I just came to post what Gracie said. I also bought a pair of size 12 jeans and they look totally hot. :) the size 10s aren't obscene or muffin-toppy (I've worn worse at my HW out of desperation) but I'm going to put them away for 2 more weeks 'cause I have more pride now.

I'm only 4 pounds from BMI "just overweight." I can't wait to be not obese.

ScarlettDrawl
03-07-2010, 09:36 PM
Apparently, my dad commented to my mom after they visited a week ago about how much weight I've lost. He's not the type that he'd actually say it to me, but it was nice to hear that he'd noticed. Always the daddy's girl, I guess!

JustSharing83
03-09-2010, 03:19 AM
I wore a shirt today for the first time even though I bought it in September. I tried it on really quick back then and didn't notice that it didn't fit right anywhere, lol. Once getting it home, it was too tight in the arms and across the chest causing it to bubble out between my breasts and look rediculous.

Well, today it fit fine and looked totally normal! Yay!

BeachBreeze2010
03-09-2010, 04:57 PM
YAY! You guys have some really great ones!!!

Something funny happenned to me today. I am a complete car slob. Not that bad in the rest of my life, but my car is a JUNK HOLE! So, I decided that since it was a nice day I was going to go to the car wash to clean it out. I am always embarrased to clean out all of the trash in public (I usually fill the trash cans) but today, just thought whatever! I am doing my thing, picking up the trash and throwing it away. I realized that most of the trash was pre-lifestyle change (I told you I was bad) and that it was mostly all fast food bags. There weren't any new ones except the occasional salad bag. Maybe there's hope for me yet? :)

I noticed this guy staring at me while cleaning my car out. I was embarrased because he must be thinking that I am a disgusting slob for having such a messy car. I was finally finished and closed the door. At that moment he looked at me, winked and whistled. Yup, whistled. Seriously? How the **** did that look good to you, buddy? It did occur to me that he was pretty young, so qualities like cleanliness clearly aren't as important. Still, I feel like I look good today, but I am not someone that gets whistled at! Anyway, thought I would share it so someone else could laugh, too! :D

calluna
03-09-2010, 05:29 PM
I wore size 18w jeans to work - comfortably!. Still mostly in a 20, but by golly I'm edging down into sizes that don't start with 2!

If I had a smaller waist I'd be 100% there already. Usually my hips and thighs fit into a new size a couple of weeks before my waist does. So when the waist is comfortable, the butt sags. Aggravating...

BeachBreeze2010
03-09-2010, 05:38 PM
calluna - I have the opposite problem. My hips are where the weight is. My legs and waist are much smaller. So when I lose a little in my hips, the pants just seem to fall off, but it seems to take forever to get that way. I have tried on pants that I swear would fit easily if it weren't for my hips. Ah, well, we all have our crosses to bear. YAY for fitting into new sizes! :celebrate:

Everytime I see your signature, I start singing that Coke commercial - "You put the lime in the coconut...." Summer will be here soon! I can't wait!

chicpanda
03-09-2010, 05:55 PM
Went to the dentist today for an emergency root canal and did not 'reward' myself with fast food for being a brave soldier.

WarMaiden
03-09-2010, 08:11 PM
Today I volunteered to be a champion for my company's wellness program. I am really excited about possibly helping my co-workers learn how to make the most of the program for themselves.

ubergirl
03-09-2010, 08:29 PM
I have stayed 100% on plan in spite of deadline stress and a two-week plateau

marigrace
03-10-2010, 09:45 AM
I noticed this guy staring at me while cleaning my car out. I was embarrased because he must be thinking that I am a disgusting slob for having such a messy car. I was finally finished and closed the door. At that moment he looked at me, winked and whistled. Yup, whistled. Seriously? How the **** did that look good to you, buddy? It did occur to me that he was pretty young, so qualities like cleanliness clearly aren't as important. Still, I feel like I look good today, but I am not someone that gets whistled at! Anyway, thought I would share it so someone else could laugh, too! :D

That is a great story. It makes me want to go out side and clean my car....was he cute ?

Sandi
03-10-2010, 04:05 PM
*bump*

BeachBreeze2010
03-10-2010, 04:21 PM
Marigrace - I don't know? I avoided eye contact with him because I thought most of the time that he was staring to make fun of me. I don't know too many professional men that act that way, so I assumed he was young. Maybe cute?? I am happily married and not interested in anyone else. It just took me by surprise that I was "that girl" that gets whistled at. Then, I just thought it was hilarious. On a different note, I am loving the clean car. The turn in the weather and a clean car make me want to drive with my windows down! :)

gumboot
03-10-2010, 06:24 PM
I went to the movie theater with the kids yesterday and didn't have one piece of POPCORN. That is huge for me! I've been known to polish off a large popcorn before the movie even starts.
I had a healthy lunch before we left and had a yogurt cup and a pair when we got home to get me through to dinner.

Angihas2
03-10-2010, 06:56 PM
I pulled out shorts today from last summer and didn't have the, 'oy, those legs' thought run through my brain

Asherdoodles87
03-10-2010, 09:03 PM
My first nsv happened today. Last week I went to my doctor's office to have a spider bite looked at. Anyway, while I was there the doctor wanted to check my glucose level and my red blood count. I was in the pre-diabetic range last time I had my glucose checked. I was on metformin for a while, but I had stopped taking it. My doctor told me she was going to put me back on metformin if my blood work came back with an above normal glucose level. Anyway, I got the results back today and my glucose was 82! That's right 82! That's completely normal. I have been dieting for three months. I changed my diet from fatty unhealthy foods to very healthy foods, and my blood sugar improved. You know what else improved? My blood pressure has went down some too. And, my blood count has been in the normal range since dieting. I guess I am getting more iron in my diet.

I definitely count that as a nsv. This just makes me want to keep pushing onward with my weight loss. I'm so happy to be getting healthier.

jewelrymaker81
03-10-2010, 10:05 PM
I have a couple. My clothes are fitting so much better and I passed up doughnuts at work today! Then, I went to Target after work and bought one of those little to-go cups of mini chocolate chip cookies. I ate a couple in the car and tossed the rest out of the window!! I decided it wasn't worth the points. Yea!!

JustSharing83
03-12-2010, 05:40 AM
My NSV started with being annoyed by my over-sized sleep shirts. (I sleep in a t-shirt and boxers and some of the shirts were getting ridiculous!) So I took out the ones I can't wear anymore, then I went to my closet to look for replacements. I have tons of t-shirts because they are all I wore at my heaviest. I moved in this place a year ago and only brought stuff that fit at the time. Well, as I tried on my t-shirts, many were too big for me to wear out of the house and they were put in my nightshirt drawer.

This sparked something in me and I tried on almost everything I own and tossed the stuff that's too big in the floor. There are now 37 articles of clothing laying in the floor!!! CRAZY!!! I don't have that much clothing left, but I couldn't possibly wear these! I think I will pack most of them and take them to my mom's just in case, but hopefully I will never have to wear them again!!

Here are the t-shirts that I was wearing daily last summer but now have to be sleep shirts:
http://i43.tinypic.com/2nuug6g.jpg

And here is everything else that is too big for me to wear anymore:
http://i39.tinypic.com/34o5xj5.jpg

-edit- OH! And most of this stuff fit me last fall, because I took about 20 of my nicest pieces out back then and gave them to my mother-in-law because they were too big. That was around 25 pounds ago.

WildThings
03-12-2010, 09:47 AM
I didn't have to lay on my bed to get my jeans buttoned and zipped this morning. This is a very big change from the last couple months (including a few weeks in there were they simply would button). Whew...so much more comfortable sitting at my desk today!

LisaF
03-12-2010, 12:01 PM
I don't have that much clothing left, but I couldn't possibly wear these! I think I will pack most of them and take them to my mom's just in case

No no no. Just in case what? In case you change your mind about losing weight? Do you really thing that's going to happen? In case you start gaining it back? The solution then isn't to dig out old clothes, it's to get back on plan! Get rid of them! Give them away to friends, freecycle them, drop them off at goodwill -- do something that means you no longer own them. You don't need them as a fallback plan, because you're not going to fall back.

MamaP
03-12-2010, 01:45 PM
Today I am wearing my size 16w Levis - comfortably. They are snug, but they are not uncomfortable. 16 days ago I couldn't get them up, let alone fasten them. 9 days ago I could get them up, but nowhere near fastened. Today, fastened with no problem. I have no idea how many inches I have lost with the 9 1/2 lb weight loss, but it's enough that I've gone from being uncomfortable in my (snug) size 18's (and a couple of size 20's) to being able to wear several pairs of pants that I couldn't wear 2 weeks ago. My next NSV goal is to be able to wear these pants (the Levis) with a regular waist-length shirt and look good enough that when I step off the plane (in 15 days) to see my daughter she will be able to see how much progress I have made.

----------------------
Kris
Dancing away the pounds
One :dancer: for every 5 lbs lost
:dancer:

Goal 1: below 240
Goal 2: 218 (15% off)
Goal 3: Onderderland
Final Goal: 175 or below

Mini Goals of 5 lbs each . . .

duckyyellowfeet
03-12-2010, 04:11 PM
I hate morning time...but this past week, I've gotten up every morning at 8am, gotten to campus by 9am and gotten a work-out in.
I wanted to go today, but my ankle is super swollen, so I'm going to give it a break. Maybe a walk tonight.

time2lose
03-12-2010, 06:48 PM
I am keeping my grandsons for a few days to give DD and DSIL a break. I am so pleased to be able to play with them and just keep up with them in general. My life is so much richer now!

Michelle1210
03-12-2010, 09:19 PM
MY NSV is I can hook my bra on the 3rd hook to make my bra tighter, just a few months ago I was tempted to buy a bra extension. :)

milliondollarbbw
03-13-2010, 12:23 AM
My NSV is that I walked a distance today and was not winded by the time I got back. I actually kept at a very good pace. Usually, when I make that trek I really dread it, because it seems far. Really, it isn't far at all, but because I am so overweight and my activity has gone down so much, even a few blocks seems too far, ya know?

I was so happy today when I reached what I used to consider a hill! Turns out it really isn't! It is just that carrying as much weight as I am, and gradient in the terrain feels hill-ish!

Another NSV is that some pants that were so tight the zipper would always go down no longer feel tight, but actually quite baggy in some places. And guess what? the zipper isn't weird at all! When my pants are too tight then the zipper doesn't want to stay, but when they aren't so tight, the zipper stays put most of the time. :)

MomtoThree
03-13-2010, 12:31 AM
I went dress shopping with DH. I tried on 2 20W that were loose but not really big so I put them in the pile of stuff to buy. DH added to dresses he liked in a size 18W. We both thought that it would be awhile before they would fit. One of them acutally fits great and will be perfect for Easter. The other I can zip and wear if I had too, but I think a few more pounds and it will be perfect. This is from a high of 22/24 most of those on the tight side a month ago.

JustSharing83
03-13-2010, 03:48 AM
No no no. Just in case what? In case you change your mind about losing weight? Do you really thing that's going to happen? In case you start gaining it back? The solution then isn't to dig out old clothes, it's to get back on plan! Get rid of them! Give them away to friends, freecycle them, drop them off at goodwill -- do something that means you no longer own them. You don't need them as a fallback plan, because you're not going to fall back.
You are right, thank you! I will donate what's worth donating and toss the rest. :)

I gained a lot of weight back a few years ago, but I absolutely don't want to do that again! Knowing I will have to go naked if I do this time might help keep me motivated!!

MamaP
03-13-2010, 10:17 AM
Knowing I will have to go naked if I do this time might help keep me motivated!!

This is so true. I don't plan on keeping any of my fat clothes. It's too easy to slip back when you can go to your closet and get something to wear.

Sandi
03-16-2010, 03:19 PM
*bump*

time2lose
03-16-2010, 03:32 PM
I spent the weekend with my grandsons ages 2 and 4. I was able to play with them and we had so much fun. Increased mobility is wonderful!

ubergirl
03-16-2010, 04:29 PM
I ran for 25 minutes straight!!!!

JustSharing83
03-18-2010, 06:03 AM
My aunt is having heart problems and she came to me for weight loss advice...

This is a first for me! I have certainly never been the person you would want to ask because it was so clear I didn't take care of myself. She trusted me because of my progress and that felt really good.

jigglefree
03-18-2010, 10:20 AM
I have a pair of jeans that I have been working to get in and this morning I was getting ready for work and right before I put my suit on I decided to the jeans on. Last week I had to shimmy and shake to get them on. Today they just button and zipped right up. My husband called to me on his way upstairs to see what was going on so we could leave on time. I was so excited. He said "it's not Friday, what are you doing trying on those jeans?" I said they fit, they just zipped up and they fit. He looked at me and said and they look good too. YAY!!! Progress!

Loving Me
03-18-2010, 11:48 AM
I have several!
I just completed W6D3 of the C24K program which was running 25mins without a break.
Sunday was Mother's Day here in the UK and DH bought me some new jeans and underwear in a UK 18 because he says what I'm wearing is too baggy. As soon as I saw these I said there is NO way they are going to fit but, guess what, they did!!! So I'm officially into normal UK sizes, a teenager again at last lol!
DH and DD only like white bread so we generally eat that, however this week I've had a craving for wholemeal so bought my own to freeze and take out as I want it. I can't believe I'm craving healthier food!
After the jeans incident I tried on a few pairs of old summer shorts from several years ago, and they fit!

JustSharing83
03-19-2010, 03:19 AM
I have another clothing NSV - my job changed over to a new dress code in December and we have to all wear the same color button-ups. The only ones that don't have to be tucked in are the 3/4 sleeve tailored shirts, and since there's NO WAY I'm ever tucking anything in, I ordered 3X, which was my general blouse size. But when I got them, they were so tight around the stomach and I could just barely button them.

I had never worn a 4X in anything, but I had to order new ones in that size and wear my own dress clothes while waiting. 4X were on back order though and never came. A few days ago, after losing over 20 pounds since I last tried them on, I tried a 3X again and it fit just fine! I was able to call and cancel the 4X order!

Gracie789
03-19-2010, 09:59 AM
Ooohhhh…I have a good NSV today, not just good, a fan-freakin-tastic super happy dancin’ NSV!!! Anyways, my NSV is that…

I RAN A MILE

I ran not just one mile, but one mile non-stop in under 9 minutes. That might not seem like huge amazing news but the last time I managed to run a mile non-stop was ten years ago!!! I am so completely amazed and proud of myself right now because I didn’t think it was possible (except under life and death circumstances, e.g. being chased by a pack of hungry wolves, lol). So wow, I totally shocked and amazed myself this morning. I’ve been walking/running 3 miles nearly everyday for the past few weeks and I’ve been just switching between walking and running short intervals (0.1 - 0.2 miles). The most I’ve run continuously was maybe a quarter of a mile, but generally it’s been closer to a tenth.

This morning started like any other and when I started running I went my tenth of a mile and then decided to go another tenth of a mile, I kept doing that all the way for an entire freakin’ mile. Plus, ooohhh this is good, after a mile I probably could have ran a bit further but I decided not to push myself too far!!! And a few moments after I completed the mile and even though it was only 6:45am I called my Mom (I practice safe running/walking and carry my cell phone) and shared my NSV…I was breathing heavier than normal but I was able to carry on a conversation (while walking) for several minutes!!! Holy crud, I rock!!!

DivineFidelity
03-19-2010, 11:36 AM
I looked in the mirror yesterday, and thought I looked like a skinny fat person, instead of just a fat person...

You know how skinny people who don't exercise have that skinny fat look to them? That's what I'm talking about. I actually didn't see myself as big...just untoned...with a few rolls cause my shorts were a TAD bit too tight in the waist....but not embarrasingly so I think.

Its such a weird feeling...not feeling fat. I like it =D

ubergirl
03-19-2010, 11:51 AM
Almost called to cancel my PT session because of a cold, but decided I might as well work out anyway, and I did!

calluna
03-19-2010, 12:27 PM
Yesterday was my birthday, and I got my exercise done and stayed within my calorie limits!

My SO is planning a nice meal for tomorrow night, but he will be respectful of my dietary needs. I know he's planning a seafood soup, but not the rest of it.

BeachBreeze2010
03-19-2010, 02:27 PM
Gracie - Happy Dance! You ROCK! Way to go!!

All of you ladies have such amazing stories!!

LitChick
03-19-2010, 10:44 PM
I RAN A MILE

I ran not just one mile, but one mile non-stop in under 9 minutes.

That's awesome - congrats!

My NSV today was this afternoon, I got some frustrating/stressful news that sent my blood pressure sky high and my blood boiling! I was :tantrum: My first thought? I need to go for a walk and release some of this negative energy. A year ago my first reaction would have been to head to the kitchen or the drive-through! Yay me! And the walk (2 miles) actually did work!

Lyn2007
03-19-2010, 11:13 PM
My jeans are noticably looser. Baggy in the thighs and butt. And they are size 18!

calluna
03-19-2010, 11:24 PM
Spent 5 hours at the pool with the boys today, in the water for almost all of it. What a workout!

lovemyboy
03-21-2010, 09:44 PM
Today I put on and wore a size 12 pair of pants. They weren't tight either.

WarMaiden
03-22-2010, 02:21 PM
Today I began bike commuting to work, 6 miles each way, about half an hour each way. (I drive 9 miles to the park and ride, then ride my bike from there, because the total distance is too far for me in a time-investment sense, not a physical sense.) I FEEL SO AWESOME. Full of energy, happy, perky, awake. And I am *not* a morning person. Not terribly hungry, although getting so much exercise does mean I get to EAT more, yay!

Over the weekend I went shopping. Having shopped a few times, at various places (NOT just Old Navy with their overly flattering sizes, lol), in the past month confirms for me that I am now in a size 14 pants, size medium to large tops, size 9 1/2 normal to wide shoe! (This is down from 24/26 pants, 2x tops, 11 wide shoe.

I bought white jeans and incredibly cute sandals. When I finish doing my "style reconstruction" of my wardrobe within a couple of weeks, I am going to wear the heck out of those two items. And I am going to look hot.

srr728
03-22-2010, 08:55 PM
I have been absent for a few months due to personal and health reasons. But I am BACK on the wagon...i feel that excitement of losing again!

ubergirl
03-22-2010, 09:02 PM
I've been under the weather the last few days, which decreased my appetite. In the past, I used to just eat anyway-- but yesterday, I threw half my breakfast in the trash, and only had broth for lunch, and I didn't try to make up the calories or anything. I think that's what NORMAL people do when they're not hungry. Who knew?

JustSharing83
03-24-2010, 06:40 PM
I went to the salon today for a haircut and when I walked in, my stylist's eyes got real big and she said, "You're losing weight!!" I don't go often and hadn't been there since last fall. This is the first time someone besides family has said anything.

Going to the salon was a NSV in itself because it's always been something I hated because I felt so self conscious. I only go twice a year because of this, but today was totally different! Instead of being like "Just do whatever" I actually looked through the books and found what I wanted. (It's similar to a style a fellow poster has, I love her hair!!) I was relaxed the whole time and when done, I was in love with my new cut!!

It was a good day. :)

I tried taking pictures in the mirror, but that's not something I'm good at so I think I look goofy, but I can still share the hair. :)

http://i40.tinypic.com/2uhs5d4.jpg

calluna
03-24-2010, 06:45 PM
I'm going to have to take some links out of my watchband.

StellarGirl
03-24-2010, 07:37 PM
JustSharing--your hair is ADORABLE! Love it!

Lyn2007
03-25-2010, 05:00 PM
This morning I put on a very snug fitting white tank top with my jeans, to wear under a sweater. When I looked in the mirror, I looked pretty good in the tank top! I have curves and a waist again and NO waist bulges!!! If I didnt have massive arms I could almost have just worn the tank top and looked hot!

CLCSC145
03-26-2010, 01:41 AM
Cute haircut, JustSharing!!!

I needed mine today as I'm in a funk over the snail's pace my scale is moving at. I went to my tax appointment today and obviously, my tax guy hasn't seen me in a year. When I walked in, I don't think he recognized me then a few minutes later said, "You're looking really skinny today."

Then at a doctor's appointment this afternoon, she also said I was "skinny". How a 200+ pound person can be skinny, I don't know, but apparently I'm giving off a skinny vibe these days!

time2lose
03-26-2010, 09:35 AM
Yesterday I wore a simple blouse with slacks and looked nice and neat. It is a joy to not have to wear a shell under a blouse because I can't button my shirts.

Last night I pulled out a pair of pants that were too tight to wear the first of the year. Now they are too big. I missed them completely!

Wizzie
03-26-2010, 09:47 AM
I bent over forward and was able to tie my shoes without going to the side!

lookin2lose
03-26-2010, 03:23 PM
I went to the restroom...and FORGOT to unbutton and unzip my pants! Did you hear that??? FORGOT!!! I just pulled them down like a pair of yoga pants!!! :rofl:

Wow...think it's time for some new pants...what a wonderful feeling!

SunshineCA
03-27-2010, 01:37 AM
My March NSV is making the decision to get my butt back in order! :D

srr728
03-27-2010, 01:38 AM
For MarchMadness ( im a Hoosier, it's a BIG deal here) the hospital made big iced cookies and huge cupcakes to give to the employees, I took one and gave it to a skinny friend. I always say it's not worth it in my head, i did cut a bite and it really WASNT worth it.. I don't miss it and normally I would have eaten 3! no matter crappy they were ;)

SunshineCA
03-27-2010, 01:41 AM
Oh! Just thought of another one! I bought a new South Beach Diet Cookbook yesterday ata book fair at work yesterday. I'm SO excited to work some of the recipes I've found thus far! ;)

JustSharing83
03-27-2010, 01:48 AM
Today, my husband hugged me and in the middle he picked me up. lol, I'm still not exactly light and it wasn't the most graceful thing we've ever done, but he lifted me and held me up in his arms for a few seconds...

We've been together 5 years and he's never picked me up or even tried. It was nice. :)

JessicaDawn
03-27-2010, 03:25 AM
I have 2!
Today, I can ALMOST button up my "skinny" jeans, that I've been leaving undone/holding up with a belt
AND
My binge/go crazy hour is between 10:30 and 11:30pm. Tonight I was in the grocery store at 11 buying dog food and walked up and down the aisles for ten minutes looking at cookies and icecream and all that deliciously horrible food.
I left with a bottle of smart water, and some dog food.
3 weeks ago, I would have caved spent $20 on junk food.
I'm so excited that I'm serious this time! :D
Oh...I guess I have three.
I overheard 2 guys talking about me today...and it wasn't talking about how fat I was, it was saying how pretty I was! :D:D

ScarlettDrawl
03-27-2010, 10:08 AM
A little background on this NSV...During my years of middle and high school, even when I wasn't fat and was reasonably athletic playing basketball and volleyball, I told every PE teacher I ever had that I couldn't run the Mile due to a knee surgery. LIE. I did have a scar on my knee from a minor skin level surgery, so they bought it. Thing is, I really thought that I could not run/jog whatever for any longer than a few seconds. I kept that belief for a LONG time. I recently decided to at least try to do the couch to 5k program, not expecting to be able to finish the first workout. Here I am on day 3 of week 2 and...

I can run!

emilydreaming
03-27-2010, 07:06 PM
My shopping day brought lots of victories. I bought my first pair of GAP jeans since high school and three new bras in size 38DD (which is lot better than the 42DDD I started out with!)

Angihas2
03-27-2010, 07:14 PM
I didn't cave in to the crap food sitting around the nurses station last night and with not gaining any weight with my TOM starting, I'm excited to see what the scale says on the other side.

CLCSC145
03-28-2010, 09:21 PM
I just spent the afternoon with my parents and they were so complementary of my weight loss and how I look. It was just what I needed as I'm pretty down about my current slow progress. My mom is also fat and she has had trouble complementing me on my progress I'm sure because it's hard for her to see me leave her behind, but she said I looked wonderful and very skinny. My dad had similar comments and said I should be so proud of myself for what I've done. Made me feel pretty good!

milliondollarbbw
03-29-2010, 01:11 PM
I had some weird non-scale victories, and I am not sure if anyone can relate, but here goes....

I did not pig out too much in front of other people. 2x this weekend I was eating in a group of people I don't know well. The first meal was heavenly and had a very holiday atmosphere to it, and it was family style. I did have seconds, but they were small seconds and mostly meat and salad. I didn't crowd my plate to overload like I usually do when eating family or buffet style. I also turned down desert, and I feel good about that because when you are in a group of people you don't know, I often wonder if people are silently tsking when I get that piece of piece or cake.

In the 2nd occassion, I definitely did overeat, but, I didn't go for anything too crazy and I stuck mainly with protein options. Before, in the same situation, I had loaded up on bread and waffles and sweets galore. I didn't this time, and while I am a bit embaraced because I did overeat in front of them (and they don't eat much even though it is a buffet), I feel better that I didn't go hog wild on the not so good types of foods.

Another nsv is that I thought I would be hungry on saturday night so I got a frozen dinner. It has multiple servings in it for sure. but, by the time I got to where I was going, and had settled in, I wasn't hungry, so I ended up just leaving it in the freezer for another time.

BeachBreeze2010
03-29-2010, 04:01 PM
I went to urgent care last Thursday night - not the NSV! LOL! (I am fine, for anyone wondering.)

When I was there, the nurse took my blood pressure. 100/70! Woohoo!

I had always had low blood pressure - 90/60 - before I gained weight. Then, last summer I had it checked and the dr said he was starting to worry because it had gotten up to 126/78. Well, 25lbs later, my blood pressure is returning to normal!! For a "shortie" like me, 25lbs evidently made a BIG health change!

I thought I felt better, now I KNOW it! :D

JessicaDawn
03-29-2010, 05:10 PM
1) My mom noticed the slight difference. "Your tummy doesn't stick out as much"
2) I noticed a difference in how some of my shirts hang now. I'm still reeeally early in the game, but it's nice to be able to see results
3) It was my first week this week, and I didn't go off my food plan once! I managed to eat everything that I was supposed to eat and didn't binge/overeat at all.
4) I also broke myself of the late night craving crazies, and it took a lot less time than I thought!

I'm so glad I found this site. Thanks guys <3

CanadianCutie
03-29-2010, 06:23 PM
My nsv is quite a big one. I love pasta, especially Chicken Alfredo, and Friday night the boyfriend and I went out with my parents to Olive Garden, as they drove me down to visit him. Well, I ordered the Capellini Pomadoro and limited myself to two breadsticks. I ended up bringing 2/3s of the pasta home, and had it Saturday and Sunday night for dinner (reheated in the oven with a little parmesan cheese. When it came time for dessert at the restaurant we did indulge, but we shared 2 desserts between 4 people. Other than my mom getting into a bigtime TMI conversation with our very pregnant server we had a great dinner.

srr728
03-29-2010, 08:52 PM
I went to a baby shower saturday, i was looking at the pictures thinking I looked good....I dont even mind if strangers see them ;)

time2lose
03-30-2010, 11:12 AM
This past weekend I went to help my parents. Traveling was so much easier. I was able to move things, carry things, work more. I was able to help them much more than I would have been able to 90 pounds ago. I am truly a different person.

ubergirl
03-30-2010, 11:51 AM
I got in a workout AFTER my twelve hour shift!

I faced one of the biggest and most stressful deadlines EVER without resorting to any of my old BINGETASTIC habits!!!

Loving Me
03-30-2010, 12:31 PM
I ran for 28mins straight on the treadmill today at the gym. I only started running 2 1/2 months ago and I really can't believe I can run for so long. I really think if I can get used to running outside I'm actually going to be able to do my first 5K in July!

Also, I was going through some clothes in my closet today and tried on a pair of black jeans/trousers I bought to wear at Christmas last year. When I wore those I felt SO slim and proud of myself. Well today those jeans fell down on me they are so big! Another item relegated to the charity donation bag.

milliondollarbbw
03-30-2010, 12:55 PM
I walked 4 blocks and didn't think anything of it. I know I should feel ashamed because, well, 4 blocks is nothing, ya know? But, with the weight gain I was not eager to walk very far at all. But yesterday, I suggested to walk to a location rather than drive. And I wasn't winded or out of breath or tired in the least bit. :)

CLCSC145
03-30-2010, 02:43 PM
I walked 4 blocks and didn't think anything of it. I know I should feel ashamed because, well, 4 blocks is nothing, ya know?

You absolutely should NOT be ashamed!! 4 blocks is 4 blocks more than you used to do. Every inch means you are making progress. Think positive. Way to go!

milliondollarbbw
03-30-2010, 03:03 PM
Thank you. :) I am pretty happy about it. And also upset at myself that I let myself get so unfit. But, it is a good beginning to getting back into my super fast walking style. :) yay!!

beautifulone
03-30-2010, 08:32 PM
I calculated my waist to hip ratio today and it is 0.78, which is suggested to be within the healthy range for women. :D It's great to be in a healthy range of something!