100 lb. Club - Accountability, Menu, Planning, Exercise, etc -- Week of March 1

mj5
03-01-2010, 08:14 AM
Do you need a place to be accountable? To post your menu? For Support? Then this is the place for you!!!! Come on in!

mj5
03-01-2010, 08:20 AM
Good Morning! Alrightly, so after spending the weekend doing a lot of thinking....I am SO ready to get myself back on track. Of course I have been tired. I have been giving SO much to eveyone else (hubby, nieces, other family, workm, etc) and NOT taking care of myself. I am loving all of the family time, don't get me wrong, but I need to make time for ME again! So, I spent some time putting some new music on my mp3 player this weekend. I organized my makeup (something I LOVE). I painted my nails. I watched a movie (and turned off my cell phone!!!) It was wonderful.

As soon as the nail place opens up, I am calling to make myself an appt for a mani/pedi on Saturday. I haven't done that in months.

I AM going to the gym tonight (please feel free to kick me in the booty if I slink back here later and say I didn't go for whatever lame reason, lol!)

I have to make the time for myself. I enjoy my "me" time at the gym, I really do....I just have to get back into my routine of going again.

Have a great OP day everyone!!!!

Beverlyjoy
03-01-2010, 08:33 AM
Home Sweet Home!

After ten days away, I am so glad to be back home to my own food comfort zone. All in all I am pleased with my approach to food while away - it was sane and thought out for the most part. Was I exactly on target all the time? - of course not. But... I am happy with the way it went. I used my second food plan - exchanges and allowed up to three hundred extra calories per day. I don't think I went over that amount more than once or twice - I am grateful for the willingness to try. Wednesday is my usual weigh day - I am hopeful that I won't gasp when I see the number.

Yesterday was an all day travel day - I left blooming, green & sunny California
to arrive to gray, snowy bleakness in the Midwest. I've planned my day for food and more - I will go back to counting calories today.

today-

plan and log food
eat seated, fork down between bites, eat seated
taste food
slow down
exercise
remember why
lots of water

breakfast - ww english muffin, egg white scramble, ketchup, clementine
lunch - tuna, lite mayo, fiber crackers, red pepper strips
snack - cereal, fruit, milk
dinner - pasta, red sauce, parm cheese, garlic toast, salad
snack - cereal, fruit, milk

I hope everyone has a GREAT day.

GirlyGirlSebas
03-01-2010, 08:38 AM
Good morning, Friends.

Diane - Happy Anniversary!
Soulnik - IMO, you made the right decision to come out of the challenge. It was obvious that it was derailing you from your real goals.
MJ - Glad to hear that excitement back in your voice. :)
Beverly - Vacations are always tough on our weight loss plan. Glad you make it through ok.

My weekend urge to pamper myself with food was not a great idea. Yeah, life is stressful. But, this extra 100 lbs is stressful, too! No more. This week, I will make exercise a priority and plan for the weekend.

Have a great on-plan day.

dgramie
03-01-2010, 11:29 AM
I will break my mental barrier this month.It will take alot of hard work to do.I plan to exercise daily! I plan to eat only real foods and very little processed.I will get to the 100lb loss mark and keep going.I am 7lbs above my lowest weight of last year.Its time to get to a new low. This is my month..spring is coming and Im ready to enjoy it!!
breakfast- thin bun with peanut butter , apple
lunch- stirfry with loads of veggies
dinner- porkchop and baked sweet potato and a huge salad.

mj5
03-01-2010, 12:02 PM
Beverlyjoy--Welcome back!

Rhonda--Thanks...it feels good to have some excitement back. Yea, been there w/ the whole pamper self w/ food....not the best idea for me either. What's your exercise of choice this week?

dgramie--Good for you!!!

My gym days are Monday, Wednesday, and Friday this week.

soulnik
03-01-2010, 02:05 PM
Hey Chicas,

I took a mental health day and stayed home from work. I kept my bedroom dark and slept until 1 pm. Then I gave myself a pedicure. I think I'm a little depressed and I got my period so not a good combo. I'm sleeping a lot and just generally not interested in much.

I realized this weekend that the 5 year anniversary of my parents' deaths are coming up (mom - March 18th, dad - may 6th). I can't believe it's been 5 years! I have to be aware of my mood right now. The winter/spring transition is usually a time when I am prone to depression but since my parents died even more so.

My goal for today is just to stay within my points range. I didn't feel much like going to the grocery store or cooking this weekend so it'll be Lean Cuisines a lot this week. Too much sodium, I know, but it'll do for now. I do have frozen veggies and some fruit in the house, though.

Anywho, here's hoping for a better tomorrow! Sorry to bring the room down.

Have a good day!

brandijune44
03-01-2010, 03:40 PM
Good afternoon everyone!

It feels great to be back! I had a pretty good weekend overall. I was able to take a long walk with my hubby this weekend in the sun and that was fabulous (especially since we don't get much time together). It's great to do things that are healthy together AND actually enjoy it.

I just got back from Weight Watchers and lost 3 pounds so I am very satisfied and grateful for that. Just need to keep going forward. Actually, the weight loss is not what I am most proud of today. I actually went to the doctor this morning after about 4 years of avoidance. Last time I was in they weren't so nice to me about my weight and told me my blood pressure was borderline high. My new doctor made me feel very comfortable and was very encouraging and understanding with my weight issues. My blood pressure was right on target and I am just so thankful for the NSV.

mj - Yay for treating ourselves well. That's one of the things I am learning the most...how to make sure I'm taking care of myself. I notice I tend to make sure everyone else is taken care of, and am so concerned with how they feel that I forget about myself sometimes. Have a great workout at the gym!

Beverlyjoy - I'm SO GLAD you're back and CONGRATS on your successful trip! Have a great day back at home!

Rhonda - Today is a new day and I'm sure you will make the most of it. Whatever happened this weekend is over and done and I'M CERTAIN you will have a great OP week!

dgramie - GO DGRAMIE GO!!! Can't wait to see you stomp your low weight record and sail over the 100 pound loss mark!

soulnik - I'm so sorry you are feeling blue. I think you made a very good decision FOR YOU regarding the competition. I'm glad that you are taking a mental health day for yourself. Be kind to yourself...even though you may not feel like it, you are doing something really great for yourself and you should be proud of that. I know it's easier said than done. Hey - have you got your mani-pedi or Wii game for your first 10 pounds?

Today:
b - banana, cereal, coconut milk - 6
l - cottage cheese, TJs cheese crunchies - 6
s - yogurt, orange - 3
d - Chicken Tortas - 8
s - Whole grain cookies - 2

Exercise: 60 min. walk

mj5
03-02-2010, 05:24 AM
Morning everyone!

soulnik--HUGS--having an awareness is half the battle sometimes. Taking a mental health day is good, staying in bed all day, not so much...Good for you for the pedi!!! We are here for you!!!

brandi--Sounds like a great weekend! I know what you mean...hubby and I actually both took Monday off so we will finally have a day off together....I can't wait!!!

I had a great workout last night! Just cardio--tomorrow I will add in some weights again. I realized that I miss lifting weights (who said that?! LOL!) I also learned that my gym is upgrading their cardio equipment this month. YIPPEE!!

Overall, a good, solid OP day for me yesterday!!!

Beverlyjoy
03-02-2010, 05:45 AM
Hi chicks...Yesterday was a great day! I am very happy to be back home. I got so much done. I had a healthy day - I am grateful. :) I went to the grocery store and got lots of healthy stuff. I came home to DH's bags or cookies and candy...these need to go :devil: (or least out of sight or in his car)

Tomorrow I'll be weighing in the morning.

Today - I'll be working on the silent auction/fundraiser for next month. Lots of paperwork.

Today
plan and log food
exercise - stretches and strengthening
eat seated only
fork/food down between bites - eat slowly
no seconds
mindful eating
meditation - it's been a long time
lots of water
leave one bite of food on plate

breakfast - 1/2 raisin English muffin, pnb, boca bacon, clementine
lunch - garden burger with lite cheese, lite mayo, on bread, steamed spinach
snack - yogurt, fiber bar
dinner - cheese toast, soup, salad
snack - rice cakes, with pnb, honey, blueberries

mj - so glad you got to the gym and LIKED it. :) Way to go. Glad you got into the weights! Did you make your pedicure appointment.

brandijune - three pounds down....awesome. :carrot::carrot: I am so glad you went to the doctor and felt comfortable - it's important to feel OK about going there when necessary. Good blood pressure - another hooray. :D

dgrammie - go girl...you sound like you are ready to get off those seven pounds. :) You can do this!

soulnic - it's good to be able to take a mental health day when necessary. I understand how it can hurt inside when thinking about parents/family that have passed on. :hug: My dad passed away ten years ago - there's still a tug at my heart when the anniversary of this comes. Maybe taking a nice long brisk walk will help - look to the sky and take many deep breaths. Sometimes I write my dad a letter saying what I am thinking - that has been helpful too. Try to not hang in your dark bedroom - brightness will help!

rhonda - planning ahead for exercise and food is such a good idea :) - you CAN do this.

Have a GREAT day.

dgramie
03-02-2010, 07:37 AM
My scales are still up 2lbs but I truly believe its from my sore muscles. Painting is alot of hard work and my body wasnt use to that ladder.

mj5
03-02-2010, 10:47 AM
Oh, I almost forgot!!! The scales are down 2lbs! YIPPEE! I need to change my ticker, finally!!!!

brandijune44
03-02-2010, 11:08 AM
Good morning!

I'm doing pretty well this morning except for that TOM has arrived and I'm feeling a little slow and am having some pain. Oh well...it will pass eventually. I was VERY proud of myself last night because hubby brought me home a cupcake from work (he's a cook in a local pub). It was dark chocolate with some type of heaven cream cheese frosting. I cut it into fourths and only had one quarter yesterday. Now THAT'S an accomplishment normally, but ESPECIALLY since it's that time of the month. I think I'll pat myself on the back. I didn't get my workout in yesterday though, or even the walk that I had planned. Today's a new day though and at least I didn't "binge" on cupcake heaven :)

mj - HOORAY! :carrot:Congrats on the 2 pounds! Great job working out! Enjoy the new equipment! (I'm jealous)

dgramie - I'm sure that the scales will be moving down soon!

Beverlyjoy - I hope your hubby gets those sweets out of the house SOON! What is it with them???

soulnik - Hope you are hanging in there :hug:

Rhonda - Hope you had a fantastic OP day yesterday!

Today:
b - cereal, coconut milk, apple - 5
s - yogurt, banana - 4
l - Out to lunch with friend...will choose something healthy...likely a salad - 8
s - orange - 1
d - chicken tortas - 7
s - whole wheat cookies - 2

Exercise: 60 minute cardio AT GYM!

Beverlyjoy
03-02-2010, 11:17 AM
MJ - Hooray on those two pounds gone!!!

:carrot::carrot:

Trazey34
03-02-2010, 01:43 PM
Br: cereal and milk, coffee, piece of fruit
Lu: whole wheat bun with ham & cheese & veggies, tiny bit of mayo, 1/2 a small bag of BroccoliWockoli (it's a real thing! all cut up and ready to eat) with some F.F. ranch to dip, an apple
Din: chicken souvlaki, rice, ton o veg

OMG the gods conspired against me today -- we play trivia at lunch time, and someone brought in a game where the questions were written on the wrappers...of chocolates!! omg! get it right, get achocolate!!! i had quite the stack by the end of it.....sigh.......then i gave it all away to a teenager visiting the office.....

soulnik
03-02-2010, 02:13 PM
Hey Chicas,

Thanks for the encouragement. Today is a little better. I went to work late and I'm trying to be functional. My body hurts and I'm not sure if it's my period or what. I think I just need to be gentle with myself and take it easy for a few days. I'm not sure what's going on. Sigh.

I'll check in in more detail tomorrow. Have a good day!

Slashnl
03-02-2010, 03:48 PM
Hi all. I've been buried at work, so I haven't been posting. My weight was up, too, and that ticked me off. I think it was the extra celebrating we did for our anniversary. But, I've been back at the gym and on track. Keep plugging away.

Hope everyone is having a good week.

raebeaR
03-02-2010, 11:35 PM
Hiya, chicks!!

Sorry I've been AWOL, but Handyman has returned... we're spending every minute together we can, and it's been dream-come-true blissful.

I'm also sore from head to toe from all the....................... hiking we've done together!!! We've gone on a good daily hike every day since he's been back. Today I took him up the hardest trail I know and it killed me, but I made it... then we hoofed off into unknown territory and got a little lost. It was fine, but I probably hiked 4+ miles straight up and down. <groan!!!>

He's super fit and excited to start training me with free weights. It's great -- I seem to have found a gorgeous man who adores me but who may happen to become my personal trainer, as well!! Since I needed help in this area, I'm thrilled things are progressing so agreeably.

We'll see how everything goes, but at this point I'm just nuts about him. :)

I haven't stepped on a scale since he's been back but will weigh tomorrow morning. I've stayed well on my food plan despite cooking for him -- which is a huge NSV. Something has just clicked in my head with the food thing these past 4 1/2 months.

Huggsss to all -- I'm too exhausted to do personals tonight... will try tomorrow morning!!

Rae

Beverlyjoy
03-03-2010, 05:40 AM
Hi chicks - yesterday was a healthy sane food day - I am so grateful. Usually, Wednesday is my weigh day. I have been away from home 11 days of the last 14. I am jumping for joy - I've lost four pounds since I last weighed two weeks ago. :) I am happily stunned. I am so, so grateful for my willingness to keep trying.

My avatar isn't showing up - is yours. Anyway - I am now down to 220. That's down fifty pounds. :)

Today is paperwork, working on fundraiser, sort some stuff for taxes.

stretches and strengthening
meditation
lots of water
put fork or food down between bites
no seconds
eat only while seated
remind myself why
plan food, log food
leave a bite of food on plate for meals and snack
remind myself that food is not an emergency

breakfast - grits, lite margerine, boca bacon, clementine
lunch - sweet potato, roasted eggplant, cheese
snack - yogurt, fiber bar
dinner - turkey Italian sausage, grilled onions, ww noodles, icbinbs
snack - cheerios, 1/2 banana, skim milk

dgramie
03-03-2010, 07:10 AM
scales are still up 2lbs...my hands even look puffy.
I ended up having a change of menu last night and ate a bit heavy.
today food: smoothie
snack mid morning: cutie and string cheese(been starving mid morning and am planning for it)
lunch- chicken salad on a thin bun/ grapes
dinner- tomato soup and grilled cheese(35 calorie bread 2% cheese and light margarine)
snack mid afternoon is fruit if needed

GirlyGirlSebas
03-03-2010, 09:13 AM
Hi Friends. Work has been extremely hectic. I worked 13 hours yesterday and today doesn't look much better. I can't wait to come back in here and catch up.

soulnik
03-03-2010, 09:55 AM
Hey Chicas,

My mood is a bit better today though I’m not quite back to normal. I went to my writing group last night and that was a boost. Right now I’m just concentrating on doing one thing at a time. I do have to go to the grocery store because, as you can see from my menu for today, my food choices are messed up! No veggies, 1 fruit. And I haven’t worked out at all this week. For shame, for shame! :)

Morning
6 oz Peach nonfat greek yogurt 3
1 serving(s) Peanut Butter Cliff Bar 5

Midday
1 pouch(es) Right bites sandies shortbread 2
1 serving(s) Jimmy dean D lights bagel sandwich 5
1 cup(s) grapes 1

Evening
Lean cuisine - 6
pretzels - 2

Anytime
3 serving(s) kettle corn sml bag 5.5

Have a good day!

brandijune44
03-03-2010, 10:58 AM
Good morning chickies -

I'm doing pretty well today. Just trying to stay focused. I'm finding myself starting to just go day to day without thinking that I'm "trying to lose weight." In one aspect, it's good since it's automatic now and not such an effort, but on the other it scares me. I feel like even though I'm doing the same things, I'm not really "in it" if I'm not obsessing about it all the time. Does that make sense? I don't know...I'll have to get through it.

Trazey - Way to go! I think you are a stronger woman than I for giving all that chocolate away. Who thought up that game? Geez.

soulnik - I'm glad you're feeling a little better today. Don't worry too much about the missed exercise. You're getting yourself centered right now and that's what is important. :hug:

slash - Great job getting back to the gym. The weight WILL go down if we just keep making good choices. (I have to remind myself of that all the time.)

raebeaR - It's so GREAT to hear from you! I am so incredibly happy for you! You deserve every second of happiness with handyman. Enjoy :)

dgramie - I keep forgetting to tell you how beautiful your new avatar is...

Rhonda - Hope work settles down soon! Hope you are sticking with the plan and enjoying yourself :)

Today:
s - yogurt, banana - 4
l - cottage cheese, kettle corn - 6
s - orange - 1
d - taco salad w/ pork tenderloin - 8
s - whole grain cookies - 2

Exercise: 60 minute cardio at gym :woops:

mj5
03-03-2010, 07:21 PM
Hi everyone! Work is getting super busy again....I'll try to pop in tomorrow, I JUST got home tonight and still haven't eaten dinner yet....SO glad I am taking some ME time on saturday...mani/pedi....I can't wait!!!

Beverlyjoy
03-04-2010, 07:01 AM
Yesterday was a healthy day - until after dinner my little neighbor's brought me a homemade bd cake (dark chocolate and nuts) they made for me themselves....so sweet of them....and I ate more than a small portion. I don't like eating unplanned food. It doesn't feel good. Today I will carry on!!

I just couldn't sleep last night - what's that all about. Don't like when that happens.

today -
breakfast - egg white scramble, 1/2 English Muffin, pnb, clementine
lunch - lc lasagna florentine, salad
snack - sf pudding, fiber bar
dinner - 12 grain blueberry pancake, boca bacon, sf syrup
snack - sf cocoa, pnb honey toast

Have a great day.

Slashnl
03-04-2010, 10:47 AM
Hi everyone. Another busy day for me at work, too. The boss goes on vacation next week, so maybe it will settle down a little! He's trying to get everything done before he goes, so that means his urgency is my urgency.

Still working out. I've done better staying on plan for food. So, hopefully, my weight will go down this week instead of up... like last week.

Have a great day everyone!

mj5
03-04-2010, 10:58 AM
Hi everyone!

I just had a meeting canceled for this afternoon....that makes me SO happy!!! I might get some stuff done today afterall!

I am SUPER excited...a friend has invited me to go to a zumba class on Wednesday. I can't wait. I'm a little nervous about being able to keep up, AND the fact that i'm not really sure what zumba is... but I totally plan on going and having fun with it. If I like it, she said I can keep going w/ her. (she is a member at a spa and can bring guests whenever she wants)

brandijune44
03-04-2010, 11:05 AM
Good morning!

I've been feeling pretty down and crabby this week. I'm hoping it's just TOM and it will soon go away! I went to the gym last night and only managed 30 minutes on the elliptical and thought I was going to pass out from exhaustion. Not sure what that's about since usually I do it for 60 minutes at a much higher intensity and feel like I could keep going longer. I hope it's just this time of the month. It's certainly messing with my mind though, and the scale was 2 lbs up this morning from my Monday weigh in so that certainly doesn't help. I'm just trying to maintain consistency and try to push through...

Sorry for the not so chipper post this morning...Hope you all have a great OP day!

Today:
b- cereal, lite coconut milk, apple - 5
s - yogurt, banana - 4
l - cottage cheese, whole grain crackers - 6
s - orange - 1
d - salmon burger w/salad - 8

Exercise: 60 minutes cardio at gym :crossed:

Beverlyjoy
03-04-2010, 02:31 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've doused the bd cake with dish soap and water and it's in the trash can. I've been saying carry on to myself all day. Dh is shocked that I pitched the homemade cake our little neighbors made for me. Also went his candy and chips!

lindscounty
03-04-2010, 02:55 PM
Mind if I join in? I need some accountability and I love seeing what everyone else is having as far as menu's go here's mine for today:

B - Banana, nutrigrain bar
S - Granola Bar
L - Leftovers - chili beef taco in la tortilla factory tortilla w/beans & rice, and an orange
S - banana nut vita top, yogurt
D - grilled chicken penne and salad

soulnik
03-04-2010, 04:21 PM
Hey Chicas,

CRAZY DAY! I had to write 3 articles for the website by close of business. I can't even tell you how much plagiarizing I did. LOL.

Mood is much better. Yesterday was amazing! Talked to an old boyfriend (which may end up being a problem, but for now it made me happy) and the people who offered me the job in FL told me they're flying me down for Easter. Cool!

Food is a little wacky but I'm getting back on track. I swear I'll do a more thorough check in tomorrow. I can't believe it's almost Friday (and only Thursday).

OY!

Beverlyjoy
03-05-2010, 06:48 AM
Hi Chick! Yesterday was a good day - I am so grateful. It's hard to hop back on after a little slip - I am grateful I pushed through.

I am off to get my car serviced.

Today
lots of water
gentle stretches (my back hurts)
fork down between bites, eat only when seated
taste the food and slow down
remember WHY I am doing this
remind myself that food is not an emergency
no seconds
log food

breakfast - raisin English Muffin with npnb, clementine
lunch - Italian veggie and garbonzo bean stew, cheese, garlic toast
snack - Fiber one, milk, 1/2 banana
dinner - out - steamed ginger bass, veggies, brown rice
snack - rice cakes with pnb,

I'll try and get back for personals later...gotta run.

Have a great day, chicks.

S.A.S.H
03-05-2010, 07:24 AM
Hi Ya'll! :wave: As you can see I blew up the boards this morning. :lol: I'm sorry if I pushed some of your posts way back. I really wanted to catch up as my goal is to post freakin REGULARLY. :lol: I have such a hard time with that and I would never want anyone to think I was here for support for me without giving any back.

That being said...

All I have planned for today so far is bfast.

I found what I call "dessert" is a good breakfast.

2 pieces toasted whole grain organic raisin bread w/ 1 tsp each natural peanutbutter, 1 tsp each organic fruit spread w/ fiber and w/o sugar and 1 banana split between the two with a glass of skim milk. It's reminds of a banana split on toast! 2 pieces for bfast or one piece for snack.

Lunch, I'm not sure yet...

Dinner - roasted pork loin w/ portabello mushrooms, spinach, olives and regular mushrooms, and organic parmesean risotto. Maybe some broccoli, too.

Water - 1gallon.

dgramie
03-05-2010, 08:47 AM
randi_ wow congrats on being smoke free for a month!! I am so proud of you!! Now as for the snowman hanging...I actually love snowmen and collect them.I had to take them all down and hide them to make the snow stop falling. I am so glad I did!! We have a beautiful day here in western Ky. Now if the temps that they are promising happen we will be in great shape.

My scales are still stuck..I know if I keep having POP days they will move down. I did much better yesterday but did end up grabbing a slimfast for lunch.Its hard to find time to eat myself when I am keeping 3 kids age 3 and my 16 month old granddaughter.
I plan on getting lots of walking in this weekend if the weather is as good as they are predicting.
food- cherrios with a little 2% milk
lunch- salad...or slimfast
dinner- baked fish and baked pot and greenbeans

no snacks and not bites extra...not a single chip or goldfish cracker...no dry cereal NOT A BITE!!!

mj5
03-05-2010, 08:49 AM
Good Morning everyone! The sun is shining SUPER bright today! It's FRIDAY! AND...it's payday!!!! AND I have Monday off w/ hubby!!!! AND...I'm 'single' this weekend...hubby is going to see his family (I get to stay home! YIPPEE!!!!!) I have fun stuff planned....mani/pedi (much needed MJ time tomorrow!), game night w/ my family tomorrow night; Sunday--going to visit my mom...Of course, workouts sprinkled in there too.

I am joining a book club w/ a friend and some of her work friends. It sounds like a lot of fun. The really good news is, they are ALL trying to eat healthier/lose weight, so the snacks will all be on the healthier side when we meet! I am going to get the first book tonight.

Have a great OP day everyone!

lindscounty
03-05-2010, 09:42 AM
Morning everyone! So far I only have breakfast and dinner planned. Tonight is my son's pinewood derby race and potluck which I am dreading - this will be the first time I am going to a potluck since being OP. I hope there are some healthy choices. Today is my day off so I am going to enjoy some ME time! Have a great day everyone!

Breakfast: Choc. vita muffin, vanilla almost special k, skim milk, banana

brandijune44
03-05-2010, 11:29 AM
Good Morning ladies!

I'm feeling a bit better this morning. (Thank goodness!) I had to deal with sick cat issues yesterday afternoon so I missed the gym :( It actually stresses me out when I can't get to that gym like I want. Instead of just calling it a day though, I put on fitness tv and walked for 30 minutes and did a 15 minute bootcamp. I actually think it might have been good to change things up a bit. Back to the gym today though!

I'm so excited that it's Friday...hope you all have great OP weekends!

Beverlyjoy - Way to go! I'm not sure I could have been as strong to throw that cake away! Great job getting back OP...doesn't the control just feel so good!

Lindscounty - :welcome3: It's great to have you here! I LOVE your menu...it has already given me some new ideas. Good luck with the potluck! You'll do great!

soulnik - I'm SO glad to hear that you are feeling better! I can tell just by the tone of your post that you're getting your "spunk" back. (Hey! Isn't that a song..."I'm bringing spunk back..." hehe Sorry, I admit it, you've got a Justin fanatic on your hands. I'm such a nerd ;))

S.A.S.H. - :welcome: I'm so glad that you've decided to join us! mmmmm that breakfast sounds SO GOOD!

dgramie - Have a great POP (I love that!) day!

mj - Yay for "me" days! The book club sounds like it will be great, and perhaps even offer you more weight loss support. Have a great Monday with hubby :D

Today:
s - yogurt, banana - 4
l - cottage cheese, whole grain crackers - 6
s - orange - 1
d - greek salad (romaine, kalamata olives, onion, FF feta, cucumber, pesto) - 8

Exercise: Get your butt to that gym Brandi! :drill: (Speaking of...Rhonda, my dear, how are you?) 60 minutes cardio...

raebeaR
03-05-2010, 03:47 PM
Hello, wonderful chicks!!

Long past time for me to catch up with you all...

brandijune, glad you are feeling better now after TOM, and I hope the sick cat issues resolve soon -- NOT fun!! Great way to pinch hit for missing the gym!! I am in awe of your resolve!! :carrot:

mj, enjoy the heck out of those mani/pedi services!! You really need some good "me" time. You've been working hard AND staying on plan -- wow!! The book club sounds really fun, too!! :hug:

Beverlyjoy, outstanding treatment of that cake!!! Not sure I would have had your strength!! That's dedication we can all admire!! :carrot:

lindscounty, :welcome3: !! Your menu sounds great... makes me wish I could have more carbs... <sigh...> I don't like potlucks, either, but I've evolved a strategy for them: I always bring a crockpot of my on-plan chili. Then I know there is at least SOMETHING there I can have!! Enjoy this great group of women. :hug:

soulnik, so glad to hear you're feeling better about things!! I look forward to hearing what kind of trouble you're getting up to with the old boyfriend... sounds intriguing!! And how exciting about going to Florida -- please keep us posted!! :hug:

S.A.S.H., love your banana split toast breakfast -- sounds so yummy!! You gave me a laugh with your water notation: "Water - 1 gallon." A good reminder for me to get in at least half that!! :carrot:

dgramie, my scales are stuck, too, so I feel your pain... I guess all we can do is keep on keeping on. You're doing an extraordinary job with your plan in addition to all else you are juggling!! Keep it up!! :carrot:

I'm doing pretty well, considering how many massive changes have recently occurred in my life... Handyman and I are trying to fit our lives together somehow... being older with tons of established relationships between family, friends, etc., makes things a bit complicated. His is a large and loving family, and mine is a wide and loving circle of friends... We sat down and mashed our day planners together. Boy, are we a busy pair!! I had hoped for some quiet time, but this is a wish that shall go unanswered, it seems...

Food-wise, I'm struggling to reconcile cooking regular meals for the new man with my established food plan preferences. Left to myself, I will happily live on a bucket o' soup for a week. This, however, is not a strategy for impressing a new love interest with one's cooking skills. So I'm back to making more elaborate fare and incorporating my food plan needs into that. Fortunately, he's not a picky eater and in general prefers healthful foods -- that's a big help!!

I'm pleased to report that when he took me to meet his parents and other family members, I brought a homemade banana cream pie of which I had only one small bite -- and that was mostly a banana slice. Whodathunk???

Daily hikes have been temporarily interrupted due to work scheduling conflicts, but we hope to resume them tomorrow... both really enjoying that time together (at least it's just us).

Carry on, ladies!! :dizzy:

Best, Rae

Beverlyjoy
03-06-2010, 05:43 AM
Hi chicks...Yesterday was a good healthy day - I am so grateful. I had the steamed ginger sea bass for dinner and had enough to bring some home for lunch. Yay.

Today we are goiong out with some friends (old neighbors) that we haven't seen in a year. This should be fun. I don't know where we are going to dinner. I like to plan ahead - so, I'll have to go with a general plan.

Yesterday I got 175 invitations ready to send for the silent - I am amazed at how long it takes.

today -
lots of water
plan and log food
gentle stretches - back hurts
fork down between bites, no seconds, eat seated only
slow/mindful eating - TASTE
leave one bite of food on plate
feel fullness

breakfast - blueberries, english muffin, pnb
lunch - leftover ginger sea bass, veggies, brown rice
snack - fiber bar, clementine
dinner - ?? - protein, starch, veggie
snack - cereal, fruit, milk, cheese

glad to have time for some personals

raebear - wow, so much happening! It's so easy to let your food plan fly out the window in a new relationship - I give you credit for being aware of it. Meeting the HM's parents! - wow. You are a busy lady. It's nice that you and HM are enjoying being together.

brandijune - Hi! - I am sorry about your kitty being sick - hope it's better soon. Kudo's for using fit TV when you couldn't make it to the gym!!!

lindscountry - WELCOME! - I hope the potluck went well. So glad you joined in here.

MJ - so many good things!!! Enjoy your weekend.

sash- Welcome!!! Glad you joined in - great menu.

soulnic - sounds like you've been super busy. Glad it's the weekend - slow down and concentrate on you!

dgrammie - phooey on that stuck scale. You do have a busy morning - slim fast can work in a pinch. Carry on.

dgramie
03-06-2010, 09:58 AM
Wanted to stop in and post before heading out for the day. Going to walmart and getting a few final touches for my livingroom.It looks great with the new paint job and furniture. My cabinet and fridge is empty so will be shopping and filling them with loads of healthy foods.Eating right is hard without the right foods!!
Hubby wants dinner out at a new restraunt...living in a one stop light town makes a new restraunt in our area a big deal. I will count out my chips and make sensible choices. Dinner tonight will be a huge salad stocked full of veggies!!

S.A.S.H
03-06-2010, 10:01 AM
I totally bombed today. I binged on McD's, and when I say I binged, I MEAN I BINGED! I don't even know why I did it. I lost 7 freakin pounds last week! I went to work last night with my make up and my hair done and got many looks and compliments. And as I'm eating this mountain of crap this morning, I am totally berating myself all while continuing to shovel it in.

What the french toast????????

Argh. Can't go back, gotta move forward. I can make the rest of the day OP. I've also got my jar to start filling up with OP day slips. Time for a nap. Sleep it off, wake up refreshed and ready to go. Let the crap be in the past. I'll feel it on the scale and that's enough reminder. I know what I did and I will not focus on the negative even if it is weigh in day.

Slashnl
03-06-2010, 12:11 PM
Hi all. Not a great on plan day yesterday and I think it all started with not working out. My legs were sore and tired, so I thought I'd take a break from the gym. Bad move. It went downhill from there. Not horrible, just not on plan. I think that next time I'm sore and tired, I'll still go to the gym and maybe do something simple. Even walking slow on the treadmill, just to keep on track.

Anyway, I was back at it this morning, so that I don't have a repeat of yesterday. Did some elliptical!

SASH - Forgive yourself and move on. Don't beat yourself up anymore. Maybe try to figure out what caused the binge, but just keep trying!!!

dgramie - Have fun tonight. Sounds like you have a good plan.

Beverly - My daughter was just here standing over my shoulder and she likes your avatar. Love the sound of that bass! Yum!

raebaer - Sounds like you're having some fun with the new guy. Good for you!

brandi - You sound like me with getting stressed out when you don't go to the gym. It really can change the mood of the day. Glad you handled it so much better than I did!!!

lindscounty - So how did the potluck go? So hard to remain on plan at those things!

MJ - Wow, you have it planned well for the weekend! Yay for you!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Beverlyjoy
03-07-2010, 08:20 AM
Hi chicks - yesterday was a healthy day. I enjoyed my leftover fish for lunch. We went out for supper with friends and was willing to ask the waiter "What would you recommend for someone watching their choloesterol?" Actually - my choloestrol is good, but it's great way to find out what's healthy at the restaraunt. He pointed out the pasta with red sauce and veggies. Perfect! I ordered a half portion and was willing to leave some on the plate because I had eaten enough. I am so grateful.

today
breakfast - cinn. english muffin, pnb, blueberres
lunch - wrap with cheese, tomatoes, spinach
snack - cereal, friut, milk
dinner - bean soup, steamed spinach - need to use it up
snack - fiber bar, cheese, clementine.

My back is really hurting today - ugh....I need to take meds and rest it....phooey.

Have a great day.

dgramie
03-07-2010, 08:45 AM
I have a few challenges today..grandsons baptism service but we get to skip the meal and head to hubbys sisters 50th bday party. They will be serving fingerfoods. As of now my plan is to hit mcdonalds for lunch and get the classic grilled chicken sandwich. Then make healthy choices of fingerfoods and call that my dinner. Breakfast_not sure yet maybe cottage cheese and fruit.
I will have a hard time getting in all my water today as we will be on the road for hours.

mj5
03-07-2010, 09:08 AM
Good Morning! Ahhhh, so far "take care of MJ weekend" has been wonderful...I miss hubby, of course, but he will be home today AND we have ALL day tomorrow off together!!! We haven't had a whole day off together in long time. My mani/pedi was fantastic....it was suprisingly slow in the nail salon, so it was extra relaxing. Game night was a lot of fun too.

Randi--Hi! Your rosted pork dinner sounds fabulous! Yep, can't go back, but today is a new day!!!

brandi--Is is good to change things up sometimes, hope your kitty is ok!

rea--WOW, you are SUPER busy, but it souds awesome!!!

Beverlyjoy--reconnecting w/ old friends is so much fun! Excellent idea for dinner!!!! That sounds really good!

dgramie--Your living room sounds so nice. I am getting Spring fever, big time...even though there is still snow on the ground....we are getting some new furniture soon and I want to to some re-arranging once we get it. LOL....I live in a teeny town too, I totally get the whole "new place in town"! Hope it was good! Good for you for planning ahead for today. Can you take water w/ you?

Diane--Yea...I TOTALLY know what you mean...I know for me, it's best to stick w/ the routine of going to the gym--even if I ligthen what I do, just to keep the routine. It's more mental, but it works.

Rhonda--How are you?

So today I am going to visit my mom and we'll just hang out or maybe go to the outlet mall for a little shopping. Not sure yet.

Have a great OP day everyone!

dgramie
03-07-2010, 08:46 PM
I didnt do as well today as planned.I had a couple of cups of punch and a peice of cake. I chose great until the cake and punch. Im not beating myself up over it...just moving forward.I felt sluggish this evening and kinda icky....my body isnt use to sugar like that.