Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 05:46 AM   #16  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Tuesday - "Yeti Matadors! Olé!"

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Did gym again, acting like gym is on my schedule; CREDIT moi. Even though I worked out like a recovering invalid, it was more than last time, e.g. did 80 of my planned 120 d*rn lunges. Ate on-plan until I had some roasted almonds coated in something deadly. Embarrassed to be embarrassed again and again with treating nuts as like I would have before I began my journey. Too many blueberries on my oatmeal - which is just the right amount - because Trader Joe's had sold me a 24 oz clam shell of them for $5.99. I've got enough anti-oxidants in me right now to walk in traffic with impunity, LOL.

maryblu - It was a surprise to me to learn that I'd have to eat less as I lost weight - had overlooked the obvious my whole life.

onebyone - An ABSOLUTE time limit is the only way I can even think of de-cluttering, although, apparently, not very often recently.

ChinaMaine - Does your "Thai Seafood Curry" use coconut oil? Just listened to a MSN nutritional taut it as healthy despite the saturated fats "which don't contribute to cholesterol like animal saturated fats."

Margaret (Nuxmaga) - Certainly an Easter egg counts as protein, presuming you meant one laid by a chicken, hard boiled and dyed. Yep, Yay for Zumba.

Erika (eusebius) - Great news on your professional success, even with the Ouch that it's a tension against DD time. Great to see you. You can get our Yeti Matador juices flowing again.

Joy (gardenerjoy) - Yep, Honking Kudos for beating your February exercise goal 1408/1400 minutes.

KidsLibraryLady - Big Yay for Zumba Gold for yourself. Once you catch on to the class, maybe you can become a Zumba leader?

Shepherdess - Yay for an hour of yoga. Our beloved Australian Shepard was with us for 15 years. Initially she kept trying to nudge us to stand closer together whenever she could, LOL.

Beverlyjoy - Welcome to the comfort of familiar home. Kudos, again, for remaining mindful for ten days of travel and visiting.

CeeJay - It's so amazing that eating slowly is difficult. And even more amazing that those of us who ate rapidly weren't even aware of it. Kudos for your success there.

Susan (hikergirl) - May Vancouver recover from the Olympics and remain one of the neatest cities in the world.

seadwaters - Always good to hear, "Stopped eating dinner when full." Was that your picture I saw with a zillion other Aussies in front of the Opera House?

Readers -
Quote:
day 20
Get Back on Track Now

If you're tempted to keep on eating when you now you shouldn't, do the following:

. . .
Learn from your mistake. Review your mistake with your diet coach. Use this experience as an opportunity for learning, so you can try to limit similar occurrences in the future. For example, did you:
  • Forget to review your Advantages, NO CHOICE, and it's Not Okay Response Cards?
  • Neglect to plan your food?
  • Forget (or not bother) to have your planned food available.
  • Meet up with someone who pushed food on you?
  • Try to eat like the other people you were with?
  • Encounter an unexpected trigger?
  • Wind up surrounded by food you hadn't planned to eat?
The Beck Diet Solution, pg 168.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:39 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi Beck buddies/coaches - yesterday was a great day - it was SO nice to be home, go the grocery for what I want, and catch up on life - I am grateful.

While I was home DH brought in cookies and candy - these need to go or be put in his car!

Congrats to the Canadians for their gold metal Olympic hockey win. My plane had a tv screen on the back of all the seats. (in coach!) I paid $6 and was able to watch the olympics, hgtv, Michigan State v Purdue, Law and Order, ballroom dancing, etc. It's nice to have that option on a 4 1/2 hour flight.

credit -
eat seated
no seconds
planned food - logged food - timed meals/snacks
left one bite on plate
tasted food
lots of water
really worked on feeling fullness
mindful and slow eating

oops -
didn't read arc/rc
no exercise
no spontaneous exercise

Kidslibrarylady - your Zumba class sounds wonderful - really - on many levels. Yes, doing something for yourself can be emotional. And, the children made it through child care.

nuxmaga - another zumba person, awsome! Kudos for thinking about the Beck book again.

ceejay - having a whole day of slow mindful eating is so, so good!!

maryblu - Hi! - hope you are having a great day.

eusebias - nice to meet you....I like to meditate also - it soothes and mind, body and soul. I didn't get to do it while I was out of town lately. I am so glad you mentioned it - it reminds me to.

gardenjoy - no movement on the ticker - not down...but, not UP either. Sometimes maintaining is a credit, too. Glad you are into the Beck book.

onebyone - kudo's for your decluttering! Looks like your day got off to a good start. I wouldn't say I was 'eager' to get on the scale tomorrow - but, I am not dreading it. LOL

billieblueyes - I am glad you are able to get back to the gym - even if it's a limited workout....you are there! Those darn nuts - hmmm. They seem to have some power over you (I understand). When you see them ....run!!

seadwaters - Have read my cards on my iPhone today - novel and easy to keep to hand. Now need to add an alarm function What a great idea. I have eaten vinegar of chips/fries. I can't quite get into it - I am a ketchup girl. (although it's on baked fries now)

chinamarie - sorry you are dealing with so much stress - that's hard. I am glad you have been able to get back on your plan. Carry on!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 03-02-2010 at 07:12 AM.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:19 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 220/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Cool Monday

WI-down 0.3 lbs. Did not read cards, made a plan. Food – on-plan; Exercise – on-plan (30m).
Work was just busy yesterday – and it felt wonderful! I actually ended the day with all my urgent items done, as well as a few important items. For weeks, I’ve ended each day with 4-5 urgent items left on my list. I went out in the mud (spring in Maine==mud season) for a walk, and enjoyed the 40 degree weather. And I talked to DS for 45 minutes before dinner.
I’m feeling healthier the last three days than I have since October. If it keeps up the rest of the week, I’m going to give yoga another try over the weekend. I’d love to start doing it again every day! CeeJay asked for the Thai Seafood Curry recipe I mentioned yesterday. I've created a new thread for recipes, and put it there. I'd love to see some of yours too!
The Good
- Throughout the day, I identified satisfaction vs fullness while eating, and I stopped eating when satisfied – credit!
- Throughout the day, I identified hunger vs non-hunger before I ate – yep!
- Eat mindfully, enjoying every bite – credit!
- Give credit throughout the day for every positive eating behavior – yep!
- Tolerated non-hunger without eating – credit!
- Used resistance techniques – yes!
- Read the pink book – nope
- I posted here – yes!

The Bad, and the Ugly
- Spontaneous exercise – nope

CeeJay Kudos for eating slowly at every meal. It is hard to master, especially if you have a lifelong habit of eating quickly. So be sure to dollop on a extra credit every time you do it.

Nuxmaga Ouch for the ‘rogue snacking’. Kudos for posting here and going back to basics.

gardenerjoy Kudos for doing the zumba class! You can always join the younger class, if you want, after you get the moves down. I find joining classes like that to be daunting when everyone else already knows the moves (because I am severely challenged when it comes to following choreographed moves…) So, I think its impressive you joined any class.

Bill Kudos for getting back into the exercise habit. Isn’t it ridiculous how easy it is to get into the habit of not exercising again? I love daily exercise – and yet when I don’t do it for a while the inertia is so hard to break… My curry recipe has no oil at all! I’ll post it later, CeeJay has asked for the recipe.

Beverlyjoy Kudos for all your credits – especially working on feeling full and leaving a bite on your plate!

Last edited by ChinaMaine; 03-02-2010 at 07:38 AM.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:46 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 304/294/200

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinaMaine View Post
CeeJay asked for the Thai Seafood Curry recipe I mentioned yesterday. I've created a new thread for recipes, and put it there. I'd love to see some of yours too!
Excellent idea to start the recipe thread. Looking forward to trying your Seafood Curry!!!
Old 03-02-2010, 10:50 AM   #20  

Height: 5'6"

Hi,
I am hanging on with the Beck activities but I can sense that I am starting to lose my groove. Yesterday I ate standing up and did not eat mindfully. I was wanting to scavenge for food to eat yesterday and was able to reign that in. Credit to me for that. Have a great day everyone. What a wonderfully supportive "conversation thread".
Old 03-02-2010, 12:04 PM   #21  
Green Tomatoes

Day 1: Advantages Response Card
I still liked the advantages that I identified in August. So, I'm keeping those. It is working for me to have them on a sheet in the same Excel file that I record my daily weight (thanks BillBlueEyes), so I'll continue with that. I also set up email reminders at HassleMe (http://www.hassleme.co.uk/) so that I'll get an advantage in email randomly. I'm putting a card on the shelf where I keep my snacks. I made a card for Tickler file to be read each day. And I put a card with just this one "I want to lose weight so I can get off my blood pressure medication" with my pills since I think that advantage will be a good motivator for the next year or so, when maybe I will accomplish the goal.

I forgot to weigh in this morning. I don't know what I was thinking about. Oh well. I'm not going to bother analyzing that unless it becomes something regular.

WI: N/A kg, Exercise: +60, 60/1550 minutes for March, Food: op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes

onebyone: best wishes on the occasion of your wedding! I think you are allowed some bridal strangeness, especially when you didn't expect to be a bride. I'm sure you will work things out as the strangeness wears off.

eusebius: welcome back!

CeeJay: yay for a step forward!

Nuxmaga: Yay for Zumba and food tracking!

KidsLibrarylady: yay for getting to the gym! That Zumba class sounds great. Let those older women inspire you! When you are feeling more confident you can always try a different class.

BillBlueEyes: big kudos for "acting like gym is on my schedule." LOL about blueberries granting special powers in the face of oncoming vehicles.

Beverlyjoy: glad you are enjoying all the pleasures of being home, including being able to work your plan the way that you want.

ChinaMaine: so glad that work moved into normal urgency instead of extra urgency and that meant that you could walk.

hikergirl:
good job with posting even when the news isn't all good and with reigning in the scavenging behavior -- that's been a tough one for me, too. Since I did most of my scavenging in the car, I had to make firm rules of no eating in the car and no eating anything that I purchased from a drugstore or a gas station. That curtailed my worst behaviors.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:07 PM   #22  

Hikergirl...oops, I forgot you in my personals. Hang on tight. Make your response cards and read them. (I find that so helpful) You CAN do this. Kudo's for holding off your scavenge - credit. Credit for posting when the going is tough.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 03-02-2010 at 12:09 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:17 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 137/137/125

Height: 5'3"

Another good Beck day, despite a crazy day with a very late lunch. I even skipped a dessert I had budgeted. We had dinner with dh’s dad and stepmom, and I had planned on dessert, but the dessert just didn’t seem worth the calories. It might be the first time I’ve ever had a thought like that. I decided I’d have some chocolate I had at home, but once we got home, it just seemed too late to eat. So I skipped it altogether.

I also got my run in yesterday. It was a beautiful day. Sunny and warm, not much wind. It feels like spring, though I have to remind myself that winter isn’t done yet.

Hikegirl, good luck with the post-Olympic letdown. Ouch for feeling like you're barely hanging on to Beck. One thing that helped me was to make a card that reads, "Dieting is supposed to get hard. Just keep practicing your skills and it will get easy again."

Onebyone, good luck with the decluttering. I think tackling a little bit at a time and giving yourself deadlines is a good idea. I loved the picture. It’s amazing what a good dog can do. DH’s family has been in the sheep business for more than a hundred years, but we only came back almost 4 years ago to work full-time on the ranch.

Gardenerjoy, congrats on meeting your Feb exercise goal. March is still young, you'll get your exercise in.

Welcome back, Eusebius! Sorry about the gain, but we’re all here to help. It’s always difficult to eat carefully when life is so busy, and it sounds like you have a hectic one. I’m always impressed by those with a regular meditation practice. I’ve never found the discipline to do it, so kudos to you.

CeeJay, kudos for focusing on eating slowly. I was just thinking I needed to focus on that one yesterday, while I was trying to set a world-record for speed eating lunch. I feel your pain about not being able to garden until May. We can’t plant until mid-to late May. Do you ever use cloches to extend your growing season?

Nuxmaga, yay for zumba! Ouch for rogue snacking, but good job keeping the damage to 100 calories. I understand the frustration over empty calories. When I need a lift, I like to track my calories on http://caloriecount.about.com because it gives me a letter grade, based on my day’s nutrition. I’m competitive, so I like going for that A.

KidsLibraryLady, huge congrats on taking some time for yourself! Zumba sounds like fun. Kudos for an on-plan Beck day! Sounds like you are back on track.

BillBE, yay for getting to the gym again and doing more than last time. You’ll be back to your former workout in no time. Ouch for a run-in with nuts again. I was wondering if the halo-effect is partly to blame. Sometimes my brain says, “It’s OK to eat that because it’s healthy.” Yep, it’s healthy, but not on-plan. Just a thought.

I love that established herding instinct in Aussies. Our Aussi loves to herd our other dog.

Beverlyjoy, yay for being home and being in control of your food. Now if your dh would just get on board. My dh does the same thing. Maybe we need to give them an approved list of things they can buy at the store!

ChinaMaine, yay for a productive work day that leaves you with time and energy to go for a muddy walk! We’re in mud season as well. My floors will be dirty until May. Oh well! Thank you for the recipe thread—it’s a great idea!
Old 03-02-2010, 10:20 PM   #24  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Post Tuesday check-in

Hi Coaches

So my sister has arrived. Just got a short call from her. So this is good.

DH and I saw Avatar today. I felt James Cameron was thumping me over the head with a blunt object: People. Bad. People. Bad. thump thump thump LISTEN TO ME. thump. A lot of pretty colours and a lot of money spent to tell a story that's been told many times before. I hoped for more but expected exactly what I saw. Sometimes I think I've seen too many movies. I'm a tough audience. My apologies to those who loved it-don't mean to offend-to each their own.

Foodwise I was more hungry today than I have been since DH got home. credit. this means I ate less today. credit. I am up +4 lbs this morning over 2 weeks ago and the recent low I set back then. Seems my interest, appetite, and opportunity to eat is back, not to mention my eating buddy. Good ol' DH. 266.6lbs today.

We ate out for lunch today, plus we had popcorn and I also had a drink at the theatre today. I did not resist coaches. When I came home I made a sandwich and that was my food day. Not horrible but not perfect. far from it.

I really wanted seasonal chocolate today. bad. I wanted it bad. credit I did not have any nor did I have any of the never-seen-before-therefore-never-tried-before gummy things DH bought when he was waiting to meet me. Gummy is a food group to DH. And nothing gets me wanting something more than something new that I've never seen nor tasted. I'll give myself another credit for not having any. DH ate it all so there's nothing to salivate over this evening.

I'm pretty tired so I'll head to bed now.
I'm so glad it's March.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:24 PM   #25  

Hello Everyone!!!!

Nuxmaga- credit for doing Zumba and tracking food. Not sure easter eggs are protein either- but nice try.

KidsLibrarylady- you have lost 51 pounds. Don't forget that. Yay for a day on plan and trying Zumba. Glad for you that you felt good about doing something for yourself.

BillBlueEyes- yay for being back at the gym. Hope you continue to feel better.

Beverlyjoy-lots of credits on your list today.

ChinaMaine-sounds like you are feeling much better- what a relief that must be. Thanks for the reminder to take credit. It is hard to remember but I find doing this really helps the day move along.

hikergirl-hope you find your groove again. Huge credit for resisting scavenging for food.

gardenerjoy-good job putting your advantages all over the place. I have one on the dashboard of my car that says: Credit. That's because I find driving a good time to review what is going well. Good idea to put one by the bp meds.

Shepherdess- excellent story about turning down dessert because it didn't look like it was worth the calories. I think that is fantastic. Haven't uses cloches but it might be worth a try. We plant in May but start things indoors early.

For me, a very good day. Credit for:

Weighing in
Posting
Reading advantage and response cards
Riding exercise bike 30 mins
doing arm weights
eating on plan
planning tomorrow and packing lunch up
and finally- my second day in a row of really trying so hard to eat slowly and enjoy the food. I am talking myself through this all the way but maybe one day it will be more automatic.

Have a good day tomorrow everyone.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:37 PM   #26  

onebyone --you were posting at the same time I was. Credit for resisting the gummy treats and the chocolate. I know how hard it is to have a partner who is not following the same program. My DH can eat anything and everything and still weigh the same as he did 30 years ago. I have asked him to help by putting all the stuff I do not want to eat out of my sight. The stuff is in his home office, which I am staying out of (mostly- I did forage in there a few times, but mostly it is out of sight and out of mind). Best I don't even know what he has in there. It is not a perfect system but it is helping me with the spontaneous eating.

Re: Avatar. Saw it 2 weeks ago. I loved the special effects but I had the same thoughts as you about the story.

Take care
Old 03-03-2010, 05:09 AM   #27  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Thumbs up Wednesday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Took my favorite, full-sized, 4 mile walk after work; CREDIT moi. Solved the samples from Whole Foods by walking by without going in; same solution worked for Trader Joe's. CREDIT moi again. I was winning. Then I happened upon a new fast food place that advertises itself as different, with Boar's Head deli meats and all fresh stuff. I stepped in to get a menu to read at home and the owner chatted with me a bit; then I accepted a "sample" of homemade sweet potato and corn soup. Soooooo good. Had to buy a pint since I couldn't tell DW about it without giving her some. Otherwise, food was on-plan; CREDIT moi.

onebyone - Yuck for "gummy things" - not til you find an organic gummy tree growing them, LOL. Just another HFCS product. I liked Avatar for the animation that was picked off markers on real actors - made it look very real to me.

ChinaMaine - Hope you give yourself double mileage for walking in Maine's Spring mud, LOL. Does that mean you return with a Moose in need of a bath each time?

Joy (gardenerjoy) - LOL at "HassleMe" being your nudge. Neat goal to get off a medication.

Shepherdess - Skipping a dessert because it just wasn't worth the calories is so sane. Love that you planned for some good dark chocolate instead, even though you even went without that. Neat idea to give yourself an alternative rather than just a denial.

Beverlyjoy - Kudos for "left one bite on plate" - consistently doing that is good stuff; it eludes me.

CeeJay - Yay for working so diligently on eating slowly; Yep, it'll grow to be a habit.

Susan (hikergirl) - Once you observe yourself loosing your "grove" you're on your way back.

Readers -
Quote:
day 21
Get Ready to Weigh In

Tomorrow, you'll step on the scale and find out if you lost weight this week. Weighing yourself is essential. These weekly weigh-ins can help you in the following ways:

They allow you to celebrate and build up your confidence when you've lost weight. It's important for you to recognize how your hard work has directly led to your weight loss (it didn't happen by magic!) and to feel good about these results.
. . .

The Beck Diet Solution, pg 171.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:12 AM   #28  

Hi coaches/buddies -

Yesterday was a healthy good day - I am grateful.

I was worried all day because Wednesday is my usual weigh in day. I was away from home for 11 days. I hoped I had been able to avoid a gain during that time...even, maybe lose some weight. Well...in the past two weeks I lost four pounds. (credit ) I am happily stunned. I feel proud. This accomplishment is soley due to the Beck principles, the willingness to try and having this site to come to so I could say - "Help" there's so much tempting unhealthy food around me everywhere." Thanks to you all - with all my heart.

My ticker down below isn't working (is yours?)- so I am now down 51 pounds - at 220. I am grateful.

Now one of my goals for today is to NOT overeat because of my loss - if you know what I mean. I have written down my plan and will try to carry on.

yesterday -
read arc - 1
rc - 1
really tried to taste and enjoy my food
left a bite of food on plate after each meal or snack
no seconds, eat seated
exercise
lots of water
planned food, logged food, kept track of how long to eat
reminded myself that food is not an emergency
working on feeling fullness

need
spontaneous exercise
read beck book - move on

billieblueyes - excellent avoiding the sample at whole foods and trader joe's! The soup you tasted sounds healthy - carry on. You did well.

Ceejay -my second day in a row of really trying so hard to eat slowly and enjoy the food. I am talking myself through this all the way but maybe one day it will be more automatic. This is so good. CREDIT!! I also struggle/am working on this. Sounds like a good day...yay.

onebyone - so glad to hear your sister arrived! Good for you staying away from the chocolate and gummies! I am glad you posted. People have said avatar is good - but, mainly the effects more than the story.

shepardess - so many credits! Actually not eating dessert and chocolate because you thought it was too late and not worth the calories is a major, major credit. You did it..., listened to you body and used good logic around treats and chocolate. Fantastic.

gardenerjoy - I really love how you are putting reminders of healthy activities in different places. It's so good to have these in places....great idea!

chinamarie - I’m feeling healthier the last three days than I have since October. This is wonderful! I am glad to hear you are thinking of doing yoga again...so good for the body and the soul. Thanks for starting the recipe thread.

Shout out to everyone that stops by.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 03-03-2010 at 10:17 AM.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:29 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 220/168/145

Default Tuesday

WI-down 0.3 lbs. (new low!) Read my cards (RC but not ARC), made a plan. Food – on-plan; Exercise – on-plan (36m).
Another good day at work, and seem to be less hungry this week too. I remember reading stress can increase hunger levels, but no way to know if there’s a causal factor here… Our warm, dry winter seems to be turning into an early Spring. We are having a string of 40+ degree days, and I had another enjoyable walk at mid-day. I hope the shoe doesn’t drop and we get a month of cold and snow before April is over. Even though we’ve had no winter to speak of, I’m ready to get outside and start cleaning up the winter mess…
The Good
- Throughout the day, I identified satisfaction vs fullness while eating, and I stopped eating when satisfied – credit!
- Throughout the day, I identified hunger vs non-hunger before I ate – yep!
- Eat mindfully, enjoying every bite – credit!
- Give credit throughout the day for every positive eating behavior – yep!
- Tolerated non-hunger without eating – credit!
- Used resistance techniques – yes!
- Spontaneous exercise – hung laundry out for the first time since November!
- I posted here – yes!

The Bad, and the Ugly
- Read the pink book – nope

hikergirl We’ve all had times when we’ve lost our groove. Try to figure out what changes you could make that would help you in the tough moments. For me, I read my cards and try to get myself juiced about the ones that will help me fight that ‘I don’t care’ voice. I also make the pledge to pull out my response cards and read a few targeted ones for the situations where I know I’m making mistakes. But we are all different, and your path is likely to be different from mine. Just remember it takes time and effort to get back in the groove, so beware of having perfectionist standards for yourself while you are getting back in the groove.

gardenerjoy Nice list of credits – especially 60 mins of exercise!

shepherdess Excellent on the dessert! Glad you enjoyed your run…

one by one It’s too bad that you eat so differently when DH is home, versus when he’s not. Can you two make any changes together that would help? Or can you choose to join DH in all the non-food related habits, but go your own way as far as food goes?

CeeJay I can remember when I first starting eating slowly and mindfully it took constant effort during each meal. Now I just have to remind myself to put my fork down, finish chewing, etc. It’s still something that I think about at each meal, but doesn’t take anywhere near as much effort. Hope you like the recipe!

Bill Sounds like your day was fantastic, and such a nice day for a long walk! Is the fast food place a chain? If so, what’s the name of it? I’ve stopped taking Moose for my afternoon walks unless he expresses interest. He’s generally happier to sleep in his big leather chair…

Beverlyjoy Four pounds in two weeks! Fifty pounds total! You should feel proud, you are working very hard to make this happen. Your chili recipe looks good!
Old 03-03-2010, 07:47 AM   #30  
Fighting Piano Butt!

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/130

Morning Coaches -

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome back. You are the best!!

Monday was a pretty good OP day. Tuesday ... not so much, but I did track everything, and I didn't actually get into that crazy binge mindset which has sometimes consumed me in the past several months. It was a nutso day ... teaching all morning, recital at noon with several major clarinet works (Milhaud, Honegger, Poulenc ...), then teaching all afternoon until 5:30, drive home, pick up daughter, another rehearsal with a violinist, the end. I can see that incredible tiredness of the sort I felt last night leads to "eating to stay awake" ... I wanted to go to bed right away but my daughter gets antsy if I'm not sitting outside her bedroom door while she goes to sleep. I need a strategy for this ... next time I'm just falling asleep on the couch with a relaxation tape.

Today is Day 3 - sit down to eat ... I can usually manage this ... it's the mindful eating part that gets me. Eating slowly is a big key for me.

maryblu and ChinaMaine - thanks for the welcome back messages ... I am so happy to see you both again!

CeeJay ... hello back ... where are you in Canada? Big credit for all your Beck behaviours!

Margaret - Great to see you are still doing Zumba!! Love the phrase "rogue snacking" ... I can really relate to that.

KidsLibraryLady - I have a six-year-old daughter myself so I can really understand the place you were in at the Zumba class realizing you were doing something good for yourself. It's so hard to put yourself high on the priority list sometimes. Kudos to you for doing it.

Bill - Olé!! So great to be back with you & the matadors. That Yeti got really big, but it's time to cut him down to size (more like the little Quatchi dolls they had at the Olympics). I'm happy and completely unsurprised to see that you are still an amazing role model for all of us!

Beverlyjoy - Wonderful to meet you ... sounds like you did really well on your recent trip - big kudos for that! Our Westjet airline has the TV in the seats thing too. It's super cool.

ChinaMaine - Wow, you are doing fantastically well. That Thai Curry recipe looks amazing. we have a great Asian grocery here in the neighbourhood so that could be an excuse to go over there ...

Hikergirl - I so hear you on the "losing your groove" ... big credit for staying off the scavenger hunt!! I've been there so many times ...

gardenerjoy - Looks like we are both revisiting the steps around the same time ... cool!!

Shepherdess - Very cool to meet you and I'm interested in hearing more about your sheep. I've always thought sheep are really neat animals, plus I'm a sometime spinner and so I'm slowly learning about different fibres. What sort of sheep do you keep? Kudos for a great Beck day and admiration from me for your running - I need to get back to that.

onebyone - Great to see you ... Big credit for your awareness of your eating desires and not acting on them! That's fantastic!

Wow, it feels great to post here again. All of you are such an inspiration to me and I feel I'm already learning new stuff that I can use in my journey. Have a great day all!
cheers
Erika
Closed Thread