Old 03-01-2010, 05:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'3

Default Blue Team WOSC Week 9 Chat

Good Morning Ladies!!! I hope everyone had a nice weekend. I do not know if it is this old computer or the site .. but it wont let me edit, nor will it let me change font, color, etc. grrr to that this early on a Monday morning .. haha

First things first... Congrats to our biggest losers Muffentop, weebleswobble, ars and Jessica!

As most of you probably know, the biggest loser had a hiatus while the Olympics were on.. now this has pushed their end date till the end of April... which leaves it..barring any other skipped (tv) weeks finishing up on the 27th of April I believe. These challenges were designed to run along with each show (with the exception of the summer challenge) which leaves us with a decision to make... so please leave your input here as to whether or not you want to extend our season as well... I think we should.

Also, as of the end of this challenge, Monte will be stepping down as Red Team Leader and I believe it will be shan84 who will be taking over.
The summer challenge has been briefly discussed and signups for that will be available mid April.

I hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 03-01-2010, 05:31 AM   #2  

I just hope I can get my butt back in gear today as I had a complete FAIL of a weekend... stress eating and yea.. just bad!
I want to thank you for all of your prayers and thoughts for my bf .. they are greatly appriciated. He is doing okay.. sleeping lots.. but okay.
Huge hugs to all of you!!!
Old 03-01-2010, 09:37 AM   #3  
I believe in myself

S/C/G: 257/200/160

Height: 5'8

Good morning ladies~
I got a 2mile leslie walk in with toning bands. Feels good to be working out again!! I'll be doing 4 mile walks in the evening. Switching between 2 dvds. My goal for March is 6 miles a day.
I'm all for extending to go with the show. Glad it'll be back on Tuesday!! And I'll be signing up for the summer challenge!
Angela~ sending lots of positive thoughts & vibes for you and your bf!!
Have to run, will check in later. Have an awesome Monday ladies!!!!

CONGRATS Muffentop!!!
WTG Weebleswobble, Ars, & Jessica!!

Last edited by Catsgetnhealthy; 03-01-2010 at 09:41 AM.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:37 AM   #4  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Good morning Blue Team. I'm so glad it's a new month. Congrats to our biggest losers Muffentop, weebleswobble, ars and Jessica! You gals lost a phenomenal amount of weight this past week. Well done!

I'd like to continue along with the BL show. A couple of extra weeks might help me and those who have "lost" a week or two to riotous eating and lack of exercise. That's my thoughts on that.

I'm not going to do the last chance workout this week. My back won't allow it and so I'm going to nurse it back to health and then slowly edge back in the exercise. I need to find some back strengthening exercises to do.

Have a great day, ladies.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:57 AM   #5  

Congrats to our biggest losers Muffentop, weebleswobble, ars and Jessica WTG ladies.

Angela - I am all for extending the challange to run with the show and ready to sign up for the next one. These have been so great and it has been nice getting to know everyone on our team and be able to support each other. Continued prayers for you bf.

Catsgetnhealthy - Wow 6 miles a day that's dedication

retiredone - I agree those extra weeks may help many of us...lol, I hope you get the rest you need to feel better. Take it easy.

Hello to the rest of the Blue Team I had a good day yesterday and now I have to have a great week eating and exercise wise as I will be eating too much on Saturday. I already know this and have been planning for it for a couple months. It is a scrapbook convention and they feed us so well....plus we take snacks. It is only one day, once a year so I will weigh in on Friday so I don't screw things up for the team.
Have a great day everyone.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:16 AM   #6  
50 is the new 40!

S/C/G: 165/165/140

Height: All of 5ft Tall

Congrats to our biggest losers Muffentop, weebleswobble, ars and Jessica WTG ladies.

Morning Bluesers I'm up for the extra 2 weeks as well Angela.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:26 AM   #7  
hand to mouth disease?

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Thanks! I told you it was my secret weapon.

I'm fine with extending and going again.

I have really enjoyed being able to participate and WI, and I know that when my school finally gets out (Mother's Day) I will be able to work a lot in the garden and yard and walk the dogs and do a lot of intentional exercise. I am just so exhausted from school that I feel I have "no time to exercise" --but rather than use that as an excuse not to diet, I'm being as compliant as I can with my diet, so that when I can exercise, I am as light as possible.

It would be nice to have the freedom to go in the WI page ahead of time and say "on vacation" for certain dates during the summer. It's one thing if you are a no-show for WIs, but if you know you are going to be gone for two dates during the summer and may not have access to a scale, burning through freebies is rough.

Last edited by weebleswobble; 03-01-2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:39 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Breton Chick View Post
As most of you probably know, the biggest loser had a hiatus while the Olympics were on.. now this has pushed their end date till the end of April... which leaves it..barring any other skipped (tv) weeks finishing up on the 27th of April I believe. These challenges were designed to run along with each show (with the exception of the summer challenge) which leaves us with a decision to make... so please leave your input here as to whether or not you want to extend our season as well... I think we should.
I would LOVE to go for longer! I loooove our team we have and really need the extra time to achieve my goals!
Old 03-01-2010, 10:41 AM   #9  

Ok, I have my whole entire week planned out!!! I'm ready to go! I know I'm going to rock this week!

Off to dig out my 30 day shred dvd and wipe the dust off. hehe.

Congrats to our biggest losers! You gals did wonderful as did everyone else!!
Old 03-01-2010, 12:53 PM   #10  

Yay!.. So we will continue! I am so glad.. am all for the olympics but it kinda screwed with our schedule lol but in saying that I wil ask that everyone be sure to add the appropriate weeks to their weigh in thread.
Also, weeble.. the weigh in thread is never closed so ppl always have the freedom to weigh in ahead of time.. actually i believe we have a cpl whos weigh in day is actually on Fridays so they do it then, as well as if you know you are going to be on vacation just weigh in before you go, and if it will be say two weeks with no internet access.. you are free to weigh in with the same weight ahead of time for each of those weeks. I hope that made some amount of sense as I am on my lunch break and am rushing lol haha
Old 03-01-2010, 01:10 PM   #11  

Ok, I just got done level 1 day 1 of the 30 day shred. Wowza! I managed 2 modified push ups....that's it. But I kept active when I couldn't do the pushups. How do I record it into the tracker? There's 9 minutes strength, 6 minutes cardio, 3 minutes abs plus 2 minutes of stretching.

I plan on doing the 30 day shred 5 or 6 days a week. I'm going to take pictures every single day so I can do one of those speedy slideshows to see how my body changes in 30 days.
Old 03-01-2010, 03:02 PM   #12  
hand to mouth disease?

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

aaaah, I never thought we could WI days/weeks in advance. I'd seen people do it "a day" in advance. cool. that makes a lot of sense.

Old 03-01-2010, 04:58 PM   #13  
fake it till you make it!

S/C/G: 128/ticker/110

Height: 5'1"

Good afternoon...and I mean "good" afternoon because it is NOT snowing here. At least, not at this very moment! I am all for continuing in conjunction with the show. And I am all in for the summer challenge! Sorry about my rant yesterday about my gain, I talked to someone at work who officially belongs to Weight Watchers (I am unofficial because I got my things for ebay), she thinks that I am not eating enough during the day and my body is shutting down the calorie burn process. So I calculated how many points I should add for my activity/exercise level (moderate to intense at at least 60 minutes) and it was a whopping 3-6 more points. So I am going to be adventurous this week and try eating 24 points instead of my base 19. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that I don't gain 10 pounds this week! Wish me luck in my experiment! Good job to all our losers this week!
Old 03-01-2010, 08:28 PM   #14  
ars
looking for onederland

S/C/G: 300/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

@Angela - I would love to continue the challenge longer to go along with the show! I was getting kind of bummed that it would be over soon...and I will definitely be on board for a summer challenge.

@retiredone - That stinks that your back is still bothering you. Back/neck stuff is the worst...hope you recover quickly!

@babygrant - Nice job planning ahead for the week! I hope it's a good one for you!

@mageorge - I think you will be pleasantly surprised with your results from the points increase! I would have never believed that by eating more, I could lose more, but it worked for me. I hope it works just as well for you!

I have two scary meal days this week...dinner on Wednesday and Saturday. I know I shouldn't let it bug me, but I do. I just get so nervous when I don't know how many calories are in things, and I haven't been counting long enough to be able to guesstimate. Wednesday will be some sort of home cooked badness with wine at a gathering, and I have no idea what Saturday will bring before a friend and I have play tickets. I'll just make the best choices I can and get in some extra exercise those days.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:51 AM   #15  
Making Progress!

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

I'd also love to continue, woo

Hope everyone is doing good. I'm busy, but feeling fab!x