South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-28-2010, 11:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 314/214/193

Height: 5'9"

Smile Hello, I'm new here!

Hello, I'm new here, and I hope I'm introducing myself in the appropriate place! I joined a few days ago, and since joining, I've been reading a lot! This site is wonderful and so full of information!

A little history about me: I have been following the SBD for almost 2 weeks now, and I am really enjoying the quantity of food, as well as the variety. I am a recent "convert," as I was an avid follower of the Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program since March of 2007, and I originally lost 121 pounds. In the past six months, I have gained almost 10 pounds back, but have maintained within that range. I thought I'd try the SBD, to see if I could jump start my weight loss again. Like I mentioned, I am really enjoying all of the foods on Phase 1. The weight loss is slow and minimal, but I plan on giving myself time to see how I adapt to the plan.

Like I mentioned, I've been busy reading so many posts, and I have to say that I appreciate the knowledge that is here! I'm glad to have found you all! Thanks for letting me share just a bit, and I hope to get to know you all!

Stephanie
Liguori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:49 PM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Welcome, Stephanie! Congrats on your wonderful success so far on your journey! You are absolutely right that this way of eating produces a slow and minimal weight loss over the short term, but it is sustainable and very healthy.

We're glad to have you here!
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 06:07 AM   #3  
Be happy.

Hello Stephanie
It's great to have you here. Checking in here every day and reading posts is what keeps me motivated and going strong. I'm glad you found us!
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Welcome! Congrats on your success so far! My weight loss with SB has also been slow (about 1 lb a week after the first 2) but I keep telling myself that's a healthy amount and I am more likely to keep it off this way!
I look forward to seeing you around here!
Kslosingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 03:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 137.2/134/120

Height: 5'3"

Hey Stephanie! I'm new here too and I can't wait to get to know you and everyone else. Good luck on your weight loss!
KattC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 04:23 PM   #6  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:48 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 314/214/193

Height: 5'9"

Default Thanks for the warm welcomes!

Hi everyone -- thank you for your kind welcomes!
Liguori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:31 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 294/160

Height: 5'8"

Default Getting Back on Track

I haven't been on here in nearly 2 years. Since my last log on my weight has fluctuated up and down, but I am close to my previous starting weight. I have tried several diets and know that they simply don't work. I need to make a LIFESTYLE change. I need to increase exercise as I am fairly sedentary at work and home and need to look at food in a new light. Yesterday I went to my doctor with shortness of breath and they did an EKG, it came back abnormal so they scheduled an echocardiogram for today. Needless to say I was up all night worried sick thinking that this could be the end. I am a 31 year old mother to an 11 year old daughter. I want to meet my maker, but not yet! I kept thinking about my family and what would happen if I was gone. My daughter lost her father a little over 2 years ago to an accidental OD. I have a wonderful husband and my daughter thinks the world of her step-dad, but I couldn't bear the thought of her losing her mommy too at such a young age. I prayed and cried a lot and came to the realization that enough is enough. The time to make a change is NOW! I have researched so many weight loss plans and after reading the SBD book I noticed that food is limited temporarily, not forever and that as long as you make the right choices there is a definite way to make this change permanent. I won't get my results back from the doctor until next Thursday after I do a stress test, but I am definitely using this as a wake up call. No more I will start tomorrow, no more non-chalant attitude about my weight. I want to be healthy, active and most of all a good role model for my daughter and family.
Chysmom is offline   Reply With Quote